Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Strange Fake

Blog Entries
    Many thanks.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddrunk View Post
    Ossan, 83% percent of the time, people are kidding over here.
    OK, My role is stupid tricked person. I don't care (^^;.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

ユカイツーカイマキデラさんはマキデララ ンドのプリン セスだぜ!? Ragnar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy #%$!, you did this in LaTeX? You are truly a god amongst men for wrestling with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos
    1) Everything leads to Sakura.
    2) Nothing stays on topic. See #1.
    3) People will spend 30 pages debating the number of hairs on Shirou's head. See #2.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Ragnar
    Is LaTeX still survive in western culture? In Japan, LaTeX is almost gone. No one use that.
    Last edited by Ossan99; August 6th, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----

ユカイツーカイマキデラさんはマキデララ ンドのプリン セスだぜ!? Ragnar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, LaTeX is used all the time for setting scientific papers, especially with complicated equations or diagrams. I have to start learning it myself in a bit. What do people in Japan use instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos
    1) Everything leads to Sakura.
    2) Nothing stays on topic. See #1.
    3) People will spend 30 pages debating the number of hairs on Shirou's head. See #2.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I believe you can read Japanese that you will know current situation of LaTeX in Japan.
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX
    I graduated University long long ago,so I don't know which tool is using at Japanese University.
    -----

The main point the article makes about why LaTeX sees less use in Japan is that there's a lack of LaTeX documentation/manuals/how-tos that is both written in Japanese and easily available on the internet (whereas the same is easily available for Word, OO Writer, etc.). It also mentions a bunch of the standard (language/culture-neutral) reasons for low LaTeX adoption - it's tough to learn, it looks like programming, it isn't WYSIWYG, etc.

It goes on to state that LaTeX is primarily used by academicians working in the physical sciences and related fields (which is pretty much the state of LaTeX over here - only crazy people like me use LaTeX in situations where equation typesetting isn't a necessity). It doesn't mention anything about relative usage compared to other word processors, but I'd believe Ossan99's claim that it has relatively diminished usage in Japan compared to here (though this is a little bit surprising seeing as I seem to remember that a lot [relatively] of common LaTeX packages were written by Japanese people).

Nice thing about LaTeX is that now that I've done this once, future light novel translations will be a breeze on the layout/typesetting side since I can basically drop my F/sf style files back in and reuse them. Honestly, the initial reason I decided to use LaTeX for this is that I hate the way indentation looks in Microsoft Word; of course, I found a bunch of other valuable features along the way that I hadn't encountered/needed in my science-related work (toggles; TikZ; etc.).

Thanks.

Saber Lily says "I love flowers. So soft and beautiful, right?"
    Saber says "I... I l-love... y-...rice! Yes. Not you. I love rice. O-Okay?!"
    Saber Aka says "I'm Flower of Colosseum and my love is your, my Dear Master"

Have any of you guys been keeping up with any announcements about new Fate/strange fake stuff? I saw the PV from the Type-Moon event a couple months ago, which had an announcement about novel(s) and manga(s) being released this winter, but I was wondering if you folks were aware of any more specifics.

In any case, I suspect I'll be translating any new F/sf novels Narita puts out, time permitting.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bosel's blog has viruses for some reason. Any info would be there but I don't remember seeing anything new.

Apologize in advance if this is the wrong part to ask;

Anyone here know about the manga translations? This is the light novel, but I am curios to read the manga version instead. Thanks!

There is only the prologue Reiu translated. You're better off checking this thread for news btw.

Blog Entries
    Now that Pai released his scans, if enough people are interested in the manga only and/or don't mind reading two translations of one thing (I'd be retranslating it myself instead of using nakulas's translations), I might pick it up.

Nothing against nakulas, that's just how I roll.

Blog Entries
    I don't certainly mind

.....if you're feeling up to it

(Personally would prefer Extra CCC though, just saying)
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    .....if you're feeling up to it

(Personally would prefer Extra CCC though, just saying)
    CCC is in an option too, yes. Though I'd really prefer to do a proper patch instead of just a Let's Play, so here's to hoping someone with the technical know-how shows up...one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly because I absolutely hate formatting with all the different sprite icons. It's extraneous work that my compulsiveness won't let me forego.
    Last edited by Reiu; January 22nd, 2015 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    CCC is in an option too, yes. Though I'd really prefer to do a proper patch instead of just a Let's Play, so here's to hoping someone with the technical know-how shows up...one day.
    ......the code's probably in JP isn't it.

We need to get those guys from the type-0 project don't we?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    Now that Pai released his scans, if enough people are interested in the manga only and/or don't mind reading two translations of one thing (I'd be retranslating it myself instead of using nakulas's translations), I might pick it up.

Nothing against nakulas, that's just how I roll.
    Do it.

Blog Entries
    I for one would certainly appreciate it a lot, since I'm never going to read the LN (because I don't read those), but would love to read the manga. Where would I go to keep track of the scanlations as they come out (if you decide to do them) btw? Here, or the discussion thread? Somewhere else?

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    I for one would certainly appreciate it a lot, since I'm never going to read the LN (because I don't read those), but would love to read the manga. Where would I go to keep track of the scanlations as they come out (if you decide to do them) btw? Here, or the discussion thread? Somewhere else?
    The manga only comes out once a year, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with it. Just put a note on your fridge to remember to start bugging translators about it again every Christmas.