View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1404 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 404904130413541394139914021403140414051406140914141454 ... LastLast
Results 28,061 to 28,080 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    In what clown country does the media cut away from the president's public speech because 'his statements are not factual'? That's some soviet shit you got going there, ameribros.
    I mean it's kind of the opposite. The soviet shit version would have the president in all channels simultaneously, and remotely turn on every tv in the country.

This is a different kind of dystopia
    don't quote me on this

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Who knows what happens up there in his head? This is the same guy who thought saying that he could shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it was a perfectly fine statement to make.
    I'm pretty sure he proved it was alright to say it when he won the election afterwards. Also that you can do anything you want to women as long as you're famous. And claim that your rivals father killed JFK. Mexicans are rapists. You can just not pay people after they do the work for you. POWs are losers. Murder the families of terrorists just for being related. Nazi's are fine people. As are the KKK. Obama founded ISIS.

And that's was just the Pre-election stuff.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So I have a question. Why does Trump want to stop any more counting? He's losing right now, if he stops he's getting rid of his only chance to bounce back. Does he just not want to lose any worse to soothe his fragile ego, or can he not do basic math?
    He wants to stop the count in the states he's still winning and keep counting in states he's losing, just completely giving up the pretense that it was ever about preventing voter fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    I don't care if it doesn't make sense. I don't have any intent of making it make sense.

Blog Entries
    People carrying guns to protest the so called unfair counting is very alarming.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I mean I'm not American or anything, and got no horse in this race. I make it a point that I get opinions from each side and don't discriminate people just based on political alignment. Trump has said some dumb stuff over the years, he can go just fine.

But just from what I'm seeing, a lot of otherwise unaligned people are treating the notion of possible voting fraud really seriously. Lawsuits are being filled, investigations are being done, and, well, the reaction from the opposition is remarkably strong also - but it never seems to confront the claim directly.

And related to that, what truly makes these 'elections' of yours dystopian, though, is how much of a show this all blatantly is. 49,4% vs 49,4%, on the third day? Last minute turnaround ballots? Come on. These aren't elections, it's an episode of Kaiji. I'm glad I don't have to participate in these 'elections' and lose all hope in my country. It's like 100% participation numbers in the USSR, except the illusion you are fed is that there exists balance in your politics.

Blog Entries
    I guess the mailing votes makes this tight election even more fiction like.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    But just from what I'm seeing, a lot of otherwise unaligned people are treating the notion of possible voting fraud really seriously. Lawsuits are being filled, investigations are being done, and, well, the reaction from the opposition is remarkably strong also - but it never seems to confront the claim directly.
    I forget where I saw it but I remember someone did a rundown of voter fraud in either the '12 or '16 election. It basically boiled down to 5 or 6 actual cases of the thousands investigated. All the multiple mail in votes, since they're tied to some voter ID number only one of them gets counted no matter how many show up. people voting under a dead persons name, some where mail in votes where the person died after voting but before election day and others were just people who had the same name, often direct family. With the huge lines that the US has to vote (which I don't understand why it's a thing) people going in person to vote twice can happen, but who has 10 hours on a Tuesday to throw away?

Edit: Turns out it was a John Oliver bit from February 2016 talking about voting restrictions. (relevant stuff starts around 6:30) turns out the main study was talking about South Carolina, almost 1,000 cases reported but only actually 5 unaccounted for, and then talks about a Washington Post investigation which found only 31 cases from 2004 to 2014 nationwide.
    Last edited by Mattias; November 6th, 2020 at 03:36 AM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The real year of interest is 2000. Similarly ridiculously close, results changed after a recount, some democrats stills say Bush stole it.

- - - Updated - - -

Life before 9/11 was something else, huh?

Blog Entries
    The long lines happen mostly due to a form of voter suppression in GOP-controlled states. It's a strategy centered on making polling places in districts hostile to the Republicans harder to access for the very poor and ethnic minorities that are less likely to have access to transportation to and from and the ability to get away from work or childcare long enough to actually vote. Usually by closing them and understaffing them, and having the designated polling
    place be far from the place of residence. Many red states require some kind of "hardship" to justify receiving an absentee ballot, and these are notoriously harder to fill out and return without making a potentially disqualifying error. This makes it easier for the party to throw out votes against them or just plain keep the opposition from voting in the first place.

Edit: Love that it looks like Biden's winning Georgia now.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; November 6th, 2020 at 09:30 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    You know for a while it seemed like Pennsylvania was gonna be the one that’s started getting networks to call the election, and it still might, but wait, what’s this?!

bah gawd king that’s Georgia’s music!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Wait king, wait, is that, is that Pennsylvania’s music? Just as Georgia starts climbing in the ring, it’s Pennsylvania with the steel chair!
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Biden's leading Pennsylvania now.

Sniped, lol.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

Blog Entries
    And now Georgia and Pennsylvania are just taking turns beating the former president with the steel chair, my god that powerbomb was just brutal, and now it’s Nevada off the third turnstyle with the hard elbow, oh the humanity! I would tell them to stop but I don’t want them to

Blog Entries
    McConnell just gave Trump a lil' backstab.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This election is literally old style WWF brutality. He won't even be able to come back as the D grade celeb he was before this, it will be humiliating.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, he was probably being truthful about fleeing the country if he loses... especially since pardoning himself may not sit well with the courts, since it kind of renders all Presidents present and future above the law.

Hmmm... I suppose if he becomes too much of a national security risk that way, his CIA "Lifetime Security Detail" will give him the Caligula treatment. Short assignment is short.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; November 6th, 2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    But Joe can't do shit if GOP wins both the Senate and the HOR.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    He also can't do shit, if his own VP ousts him using that mental competency rule.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    But Joe can't do shit if GOP wins both the Senate and the HOR.
    I mean the senate probably stays GOP barring something unexpected but the house has been called for the democrats since at least yesterday. They just failed to pad their majority

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I mean the senate probably stays GOP barring something unexpected but the house has been called for the democrats since at least yesterday. They just failed to pad their majority
    Hmm, so the status quo is maintained.