Page 217 of 782 FirstFirst ... 117167207212215216217218219222227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    The main reason behind calling the skill Witchcraft is because the skill itself already exist (because of Tamamo), but the actual method is different.
    That seems like an excellent reason to use a different name, if you have one on hand. Avoids confusion.

Alright, some of you may know me as a fervent opponent of army-summoning Noble Phantasms. "It's been done, come up with your own idea" has been my general stance on things, with a side order of "just because he's a famous general doesn't mean his army is his Noble Phantasm."

How much of a hypocrite would I be if I let Julius Caesar summon his army?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by legoguydude View Post
    A little bit of one, though Caesar seems like one of the few people who would really come close to the same rationale that let Iskander pull the Hetairoi across time and space, so I wouldn't say a lot of a hypocrite lol.

I do agree the fandom in general should use a lighter touch on army summons - or at least in terms of summoning other Heroic Spirits even temporarily. Summoning an army of something lesser than Servants is still pretty doable. The more you make summoning mundane, the less special it gets. Not to mention the practical implications that the ability to summon an army would Zerg Rush 98% of Servants who aren't Gilgamesh.

Aside from Caesar, there's a pretty short list of people I could see summoning other Servants; one I saw that I really liked was giving Guan Yu, Liu Bei, and Zhang Fei a shared Peach Garden Oath RM where any of them as Servants could summon their two honorary brothers. That's an example where I could see the same mechanic working to pull it off. But you need a really good reason to make giving someone the ability to call on other Servants work.
    Last edited by Sunny; January 21st, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Removed for tuning. Will be updated later. >.>
    Last edited by Mellon; January 4th, 2016 at 07:06 AM.

If he has an A++ rank NP, his NP stat should be A++.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he has an A++ rank NP, his NP stat should be A++.
    I am pretty sure that it is in actuality a median of some sort (and relatively dependent on the Master).

Iskander has an EX, but NP score is A++. Likewise, Lancelot has 2 A++ NPs, but only A NP stat.
    Last edited by Mellon; January 21st, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright, some of you may know me as a fervent opponent of army-summoning Noble Phantasms. "It's been done, come up with your own idea" has been my general stance on things, with a side order of "just because he's a famous general doesn't mean his army is his Noble Phantasm."

See MPII, lol :V
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    See MPII, lol :V
    Supposing I didn't know where to find it.

Blog Entries
    Supposing I didn't know where to find it.
    He has a link in his signature "That Manhattan Project".
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    He has a link in his signature "That Manhattan Project".
    Oh, got MP mixed up with CM.

Yeah, I don't ever intend to read that thing.

Mochizuki Chiyome (Assassin)

Strength: C Mana: D
    Endurance: E Luck: B
    Agility: A+ Noble Phantasm: C+

Class Skills

• Presence Concealment (A+)
      • The ability to conceal one’s presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. At this rank, it's possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, the rank of this skill will drop significantly when engaging in direct combat. A skill usually granted to those in the Assassin Class.

Personal Skills

• Charisma (C+)
      • Natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Famous for creating and training the first generation of female ninja, Assassin's leadership ability is close to that of a King.

• Ninjutsu (A-)
      • Measures one's ability as a Ninja. As Assassin's unique style sacrifices raw power for silent killing, deceit and escape, access to the strongest high-level techniques has been sealed. Even so, she's unrivaled as a Kunoichi.

• Information Erasure (B)
      • At the moment the battle ends, information such as her abilities, true name and appearance traits vanish from the memories and records of the opponent and witnesses. The effectiveness does not change even if the battle was in broad daylight or in regards the surveillance of machines such as cameras. To oppose this, one must be lead to her identity by logic and analysis from the evidence left at the scene.

• Impersonation (B+)
      • The ability to pose as someone else or pretend to be someone one really isn't, without being discovered. At this rank, Assassin can fool mental skills that deal with perception, such as clairvoyance and instinct, of equal or lower rank whenever using this skill, until an attack is delivered. As a bonus effect, if used in conjunction with shapeshifting, Assassin's Servant Profile will look like that of the intended target while active.

Noble Phantasms

• Kunoichi-Ryu - Nine and One (C)
      • The unique style of ninja arts created by Mochizuki Chiyome, Kunoichi-Ryu. Only meant to be learned by the female members, it focused on making use of the advantages granted to them by their gender. The girls were taught all the skills of a Miko, which allowed them to travel virtually anywhere without suspicion, receiving religious education to complete their disguise. Over time, Chiyome's kunoichi learned to effectively use more disguises such as actresses, prostitutes or even geishas. This allowed them to move freely within villages, towns, castles and temples, and get closer to their targets. As a Noble Phantasm, it manifests as the ability to shapeshift into anything as long as it can be considered human. In other words, this goes past disguise and allows Assassin, as well as her students, to take the appearance of individuals that could be considered harmless or innocent by the normal population, so to not raise suspicion and make their job easier. In addition, due to actually having received religious education, all attacks are considered to have the 'Holy' attribute.

• Kakusareta Saigo no Shudan ~ Silent Method of Death (B)
      • Female ninjas were less aggressive and more careful than their male counterparts. As their role in society was just a mere facade that hid their real job, it was necessary to keep it out of suspicions. Indeed, Kunoichis could not simply take a katana to their assassination missions since that could blow their cover and ruin the entire operation. Because of this, they focused on the use of makeshift weapons. And, as the saying goes "Women have more hidden places than men". When this Noble Phantasm is activated, Assassin will be able to turn anything she touches into a weapon and manipulate it as if it were her own Noble Phantasm, its rank considered E-. If the item already possesses a superior rank, it'd be maintained while under Assassin's control. The weapons will stay under control for a brief moment after she lets off their grip, allowing them to be used as projectiles. However, it is impossible to control items that are not meant for assassination. For instance, a light pole would be unaffected, as it's too big to be concealed. The same would happen to a rocket launcher, as it is too 'flashy' for an assassination.

Trivia

1. Assassin's true appearance is that of a much older woman. However, shortly after her summoning, she collected enough information to create a disguise that matched the likes of the men of this era, giving birth to her current form. By combining Ninjutsu, Presence Concealment and Impersonate, she can pose as a normal human and get closer to her targets.
    2. Through Hipnotic Ninjutsu and Charisma, Assassin is capable of recruiting women and turn them into servants to do her bidding. The intelligence of these familiars is moderate, and they are immune to trauma and basic mental interference spells or skills. Their battle potential is low, as they are still held by human limitations. It is worth noting that Assassin's first Noble Phantasm extends to her 'pupils' as well.
    3. While she has the skills needed to get rid of a Servant, Assassin doesn't like to take risks, and usually focuses on assassinating the Masters instead. Even then, she doesn't like to expose herself, and will only step into dangerous territory as a last resort. Otherwise, she'll just use her own network of assassins.
    4. Assassin understands cooperation between Servant and Master is needed to achieve victory. So long as it is not something that put their goal in danger, she's willing to do anything to be on good terms with him/her.
    5. While Assassin could do wonders in a team, she likes it solo.
    6. If she reveals her true name and her true appearance, it's a sign that shit is about to hit the fan.

Unrelated

7. A remake of an older submission I've made and used in a RP here at BL. Hopefully more balanced now?
    8. CHELSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA ;_;
    Last edited by hero; January 21st, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Oh, got MP mixed up with CM.

Yeah, I don't ever intend to read that thing.
    Isn't it sad? ;_;
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

夜属 Nightkin
    wait... is that picture for Skuld who I think it is?

Also yeah... I read her ability to 'perform rituals by herself' as implying that she was masturbating too...

what is this the manhattan project? and is it any good?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    If you like history and wish you could see famous or infamous generals from different eras or regions match wits and punches, then yes, MPII is definitely good.
    Beyond good, in fact.
    Just remember your towel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Mellon, why do you keep using Tales characters for your Servants? Stop. You are making me sad Tales of Xillia isn't out yet.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is in actuality a median of some sort (and relatively dependent on the Master).

Iskander has an EX, but NP score is A++. Likewise, Lancelot has 2 A++ NPs, but only A NP stat.
    The Fate NP stats tend to correspond to the Servants' NPs. Zero's are cacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    Opinions are divided. Particularly concerning power-levels.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Is that that bullshit fanfic where Napoleon killed Heracles for realz?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Bullshit fanfic was bullshit.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    People are weirdly focused on that part for some reason.

Blog Entries
    If you want people to take your fanfic seriously you should go and get Type Moon to publish it like Yuichiro and Gen did. It can't be that hard.

Or just put in gratuitous well writen sex/fighting scenes.
    -Insert witty signature here-