Page 252 of 782 FirstFirst ... 152202242247250251252253254257262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was just a mess, we basically improvised pretty much everything that wasn't the weekly opponent.

As long as you do any kind of planning it's gonna go better.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Usually they say NOT to plan too far ahead because nothing ever goes the way you imagined it. It's better to just have a loose idea of what to do and improvise.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I think planning more than the weekly opponents is pretty necessary, otherwise the whole thing feels like it has no direction. It's fine to improvise, but having an idea of where you want things to go is important.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I think planning more than the weekly opponents is pretty necessary, otherwise the whole thing feels like it has no direction. It's fine to improvise, but having an idea of where you want things to go is important.
    I don't think an RP with an extremely structured outline (especially if the PCs know of it) is especially good. In the case of Extra, people will look at the pace and then go: "Okay, it will take 7 times the amount it took to end Day 1 to actually reach any plot progression or action."

And then they will lose interest.

Blog Entries
    I didn't say extremely structured outline. All I'm saying is that if all they planned were the weekly opponents then that just sounds like extreme lack of preparation.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What else is there to plan in EXTRA? It's just a tournament pretty much. You could let the players make their own way in between.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My mistake. That was not really meant as a counter to your point. Just an additional observation on the topic.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The thematic dungeons for one.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What else is there to plan in EXTRA? It's just a tournament pretty much. You could let the players make their own way in between.
    I dunno, I3uster and Leo were the GMs there, and I3uster is the one citing lack of planning as one of the reasons it died. He had said it before to me but this is the first I've heard about them basically improvising all but the weekly opponents. Until now I was like "klol" but now it does sound like just no real preparation.

Maybe the fact that it's just a tournament is why he wanted more preparation, since a plain and simple tournament was uninteresting to GM.

As a break from the RP dev talk:

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosSaber View Post
    Hey, question to those with a higher knowledge of mythology than myself. Trying to make a badass female Archer but my knowledge of female bow users in mythology is pretty limited and I'd rather not genderbend so I figured I'd ask here. I've looked around the webz but I can only find a few like Atalanta, an Amazon or two and gods so I was hoping someone with a more wide mythology knowledge might know of some other chick heroes who shoot things with arrows.
    Tomoe Gozen too mainstream? Chitrangada, Hangaku Gozen, Mandukhai Khatun, Liang Hongyu, though you'd be hard-pressed to create a worthwhile bow NP from them. Agustina de Aragon could be fanwanked into an Archer, because projectiles lol.

Just genderbend Teucer or Philoctetes, it's easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosSaber View Post
    Hey, question to those with a higher knowledge of mythology than myself. Trying to make a badass female Archer but my knowledge of female bow users in mythology is pretty limited and I'd rather not genderbend so I figured I'd ask here. I've looked around the webz but I can only find a few like Atalanta, an Amazon or two and gods so I was hoping someone with a more wide mythology knowledge might know of some other chick heroes who shoot things with arrows.
    From Japanese myth and history, you have Empress Jingu, known for her invasion of Korea and ability to control the tides, and by extension the character of Queen Himiko who was inspired by her (among others), known for her tyrannical reign and for being an incarnation of Amaterasu (according to the Koei Wiki anyway).
    There's also Tomoe Gozen, though she's more associated with the naginata, and Inahime, daughter of Honda Tadakatsu.

From Native American history, there's Running Eagle, with her own entry on BadassOfTheWeek. Granted she's more associated with guns, but was highly skilled with the bow too.

From China Hua Mulan has sometimes been depicted with a bow, as well as Sun Shangxiang, though they're also depicted wielding swords and spears too.

There's also the Mongol princess Khutulun, undefeated in wrestling as well as wielding a bow, though I'd say she's more of a Rider due to the large amount of horses she gradually amassed.

The bow was considered Egypt's signature weapon for quite some time, so you could make a case for Hatshepsut, Nefertiti and Cleopatra (even if Nefertiti's personal weapon was a mace, but in her case you could extend Archer to include Aten!Beams).

Going into Greek mythology again, there's Queen Omphale who Heracles was forced to serve under. Seeing how she took his club and lion-skin during her reign over him, she would've also gotten his bow too.

If you're willing to allow guns, there's Calamity Jane and Anne Bonny (I wouldn't make her a Rider due to her never owning her own ship), and if you're okay with cannons there's Agustina de Aragon, Queen Elizabeth Tudor (via her 'Pocket Pistol', the Basilisk of dover) and Queen Victoria (via the Dardanelles Gun).

I'm new around these parts, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback on some Servants that I've come up with. I'm planning on writing a story with a friend, but while he's a better writer than I am, he isn't as well versed in Fate canon so I'm the one doing all the statting and whatnot.

Saber - Julie D'Aubigny: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_d'Aubigny

Class Abilities:

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecrafton the level of High-ThaumaturgyandGreaterRituals.Julie possesses no innate Magic Resistance, but receives some due to her class.

Riding: C
    Most vehicles can be handled with average skill.

Skills:

Audacity: A
    D'Aubigny does not have a weapon Noble Phantasm, but rather one based on herown audacity. The more difficult a task is, the easier it is for herto achieve it. Ergo, any negative penalties she should take insteadbecome positive.

Charm: C
    Appealing to members of both sexes. Can be used for persuasive purposes.

Noble Phantasm:

Elegant Duelist
    Type: Support
    Max Targets: 1
    Wielding a single-handed weapon, her Strength and Agility increase by one rank.

Femme de L'Opera
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Max Targets: 8
    D'Aubigny's fame comes from her talent as a singer. When she sings, a BoundedField is activated, and all opponents within a certain range havetheir parameters set equal to hers. Offensive thaumaturgy is nullified in a certain radius, insuring that the following duel is one of pure skill.

Archer - Hou Yi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houyi

Class Abilities:

Magic Resistance: B-
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected. Suffers a penalty due to stripped immortality.

Independent Action: A
    It is possible take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.

Skills:

Divinity: B (A+)
    Once heralded as the god of archery, its rank is decreased because Hou Yi was banished from Heaven and stripped of his immortality.

Clairvoyance:C
    Capable of keeping track of fast moving objects within a range of 4km. Achieved due to prowess with the bow.

Protection from Arrows: B+
    As long as the shooter is within his line of sight, he can track down ranged weapons with his eyes and defend against them. Does not apply for attacks made from super-long-range or with a great area-of-effect. Bonus from Clairvoyance rank.

Eternal Arms Mastery: A+
    Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one's era. By complete merging of mind, body and technique, it is possible to make use of full fighting skills even when under the influence of any sort of mental hindrance.

Noble Phantasm:

Nine Arrows: Slayer of the Nine Suns
    Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army
    Stems from Houyi's legend of killing nine of the ten sunbirds after they threatened humanity. One shot can be fired with the force of a rank A+++ Noble Phantasm or all nine can be fired simultaneously as rank A Noble Phantasms. Defenses of rank A or higher can block a single shot, but might be destroyed upon impact. Servants with an Agility of A or greater might be able to dodge.

Tenth Arrow: Harbinger of Destruction
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    The tenth arrow that Houyi never shot. Carries the destructive force of a rank EX Broken Phantasm that has a substantial blast radius comparable to modern explosive weaponry. Severely drains Hou Yi of prana and leaves him vulnerable to attack.
    Last edited by Panncakez; March 20th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.

You gave it an EX ranked Noble Phantasm. A really bad one at that. Prepare to get wrecked.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    You gave it an EX ranked Noble Phantasm. A really bad one at that. Prepare to get wrecked.
    Yeah... well, that's why I'm here. Any tips for improving it?

Oh wait there are two there, I thought that was for Julie. Still a bad EX Noble Phantasm as EX Broken Phantasm means nothing and the radius "comparable to a modern weapon" isn't very impressive. Especially since you don't specify what kind of weapon.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Oh wait there are two there, I thought that was for Julie. Still a bad EX Noble Phantasm as EX Broken Phantasm means nothing and the radius "comparable to a modern weapon" isn't very impressive. Especially since you don't specify what kind of weapon.
    Hm, wow. I guess I was really tired there when I wrote that bit... ugh. Well, thanks. Appreciated.

EDIT: I think that EX rank is justified. You probably didn't read the legend that I posted, but in Chinese mythology, he was the god of archery who got kicked out of heaven. There were these ten "sun birds" that all sort of took turns in lighting the planet, but one day, they decided to goof off and scorched people and crops by all coming out at the same time. People asked for help, so Hou Yi answered the call and started shooting down the birds one after another. He was going to kill the tenth one, but someone stopped him, since it would've brought about... well, the end of all life on the planet. He got kicked out of Heaven because the other gods weren't too pleased about what he did. So, in that sense, I think it's justified.

Still, my wording was really bad, so I'll definitely fix that when I have time.
    Last edited by Panncakez; March 20th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panncakez View Post
    Hm, wow. I guess I was really tired there when I wrote that bit... ugh. Well, thanks. Appreciated.

EDIT: I think that EX rank is justified. You probably didn't read the legend that I posted, but in Chinese mythology, he was the god of archery who got kicked out of heaven. There were these ten "sun birds" that all sort of took turns in lighting the planet, but one day, they decided to goof off and scorched people and crops by all coming out at the same time. People asked for help, so Hou Yi answered the call and started shooting down the birds one after another. He was going to kill the tenth one, but someone stopped him, since it would've brought about... well, the end of all life on the planet. He got kicked out of Heaven because the other gods weren't too pleased about what he did. So, in that sense, I think it's justified.

Still, my wording was really bad, so I'll definitely fix that when I have time.
    That's...um...well...not that impressive. I mean, Herakles did the exact same thing with the Hydra and his Nine Lives in only B rank; hell he had to make it into an super technique he can do with any weapon he uses in order for it to be a Noble Phantasm. EX rank, you NP isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    That's...um...well...not that impressive. I mean, Herakles did the exact same thing with the Hydra and his Nine Lives in only B rank; hell he had to make it into an super technique he can do with any weapon he uses in order for it to be a Noble Phantasm. EX rank, you NP isn't.
    I still think it's impressive shooting down what was essentially the mythological equivalent of nine suns, but I do see what you're saying. It seems that I have much to learn. Thank you.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    When was Nine Lives B rank?

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    When was Nine Lives B rank?
    I don't think it was ever given a rank in the VN, but its safe to assume its B-rank and possible A-rank if you push it.

Gae Bolg which splits into the amount of thorns to hit all its targets is far more powerful, and is only B+.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?