Page 421 of 782 FirstFirst ... 321371411416419420421422423426431471521 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Swag
    I thought we concluded it was her giant gaping vag?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneKo View Post
    I thought we concluded it was her giant gaping vag?
    Swagina

It Ain't Easy Bein' Cheesy The Big Cheese's Avatar
    Rorscach Logic: Where Do you THINK I am?...
    That is perhaps the greatest noun ever.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's funny how you have a Tiamat sheet because I was working on a Leviathan sheet some time ago, and the concepts are identical in some parts.

Blog Entries
    Well, Leviathan is strongly tied with Tiamat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    True. While it is never stated that Leviathan has any children it is implied he is the first dragon and thus can be seen as the father of dragon-kind. Not to mention he was specifically created for the purpose of Jehovah having an unstoppable beast that he could show off to scare people to realize how insignificant their acts of defying him are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    True. While it is never stated that Leviathan has any children it is implied he is the first dragon and thus can be seen as the father of dragon-kind. Not to mention he was specifically created for the purpose of Jehovah having an unstoppable beast that he could show off to scare people to realize how insignificant their acts of defying him are.
    More like he did that with Job specifically, and less scaring and more...humbling.
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    More like he did that with Job specifically, and less scaring and more...humbling.
    As it was recorded in the Old Testament, which you could find in any Bible anywhere , I think it's meant to humble everyone into accepting that they cannot hope to go against God if they cannot even kill one of his greatest creations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    As it was recorded in the Old Testament, which you could find in any Bible anywhere , I think it's meant to humble everyone into accepting that they cannot hope to go against God if they cannot even kill one of his greatest creations.
    True. Essentially "only YHWH can do anything to harm, let alone kill, the Leviathan".
    And there's two Leviathans even: the unnamed one and Rahab (not the woman from Judges).
    F/GO SUPPORT

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    True. Essentially "only YHWH can do anything to harm, let alone kill, the Leviathan".
    And there's two Leviathans even: the unnamed one and Rahab (not the woman from Judges).
    Three if you count the rival of the god Horus.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Had this lying around

Sigurd the Dragon Slayer

Personal Information:

Class: Saber (Other potential classes: Rider)
    Heroic Spirit: Sigurd ‘Fafnesbane’ Völsung
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Height: 188 cm
    Weight: 76 kg

STR: A
    AGI: B
    END: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    NP: A++

Appearance:

When one first comes in contact with Sigurd, the image is not one that is expected from an archetypical virtuous knight. The Aegishjalmarr shrouds him in a veil that resembles a two-legged, shadowy, draconian being. The two swords in his hands resemble claws more than weapons, and his countenance instils an indescribable fear in those who oppose him. But as soon as Sigurd has to draw the blade Gram, the rays of intense light that radiate forth from the sword eradicates the darkness surrounding Sigurd, removing the malevolent helmet. Beneath it is a handsome and youthful face framed by golden, wavy medium length locks of hair. His golden chain mail is also now in full display, the likes of which shine, amplified by the presence of the golden sword of gram, finally gives off the impression of a true shining knight in armour.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: A
    Cancels all spells of A-Rank and below. In practice, modern magi will have almost no way of harming Sigurd in battle. Its high rank is the result of Sigurd’s armour in combination with the natural Magic Resistance of the Saber class.

Riding: A
    All creatures and vehicles but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast class can be mounted and operated with magnificent skill. This rank is high enough to have aptitude for the Rider Class, in which case Sigurd would have the Grani – Sleipner’s Kin (A) Noble Phantasm in exchange for the Gram – Sword of the Sun (A++) Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skills:

Divinity: E
    The measure of one’s Divine Spirit aptitude. Sigurd is a distant descendant of Odin from his father’s side. Grants low defensive properties against other Heroic Spirits of a wisdom god’s lineage.

Rune Magic: C
    Possession of knowledge concerning 12 of the Elder Furthark runes: Tiwaz, Naudiz, Laguz, Ansuz, Raido, Ingwaz, Uruz, Sowulo, Ehwaz, Kenaz, Mannaz and Thurz. Sigurd can for example inscribe the Tiwaz rune twice on his sword to increase its damage or inscribe the Sowulo rune on bark to serve as mending-aid.

Bravery: A
    The strength of mind of being able to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion, fascination and fear. It provides protection even against magical effects which would affect the mind.

Revelation (Gaia): A+
    A blessing of prophecy concerning all things. As a Gaian skill it manifests as a dialogue with nature, rendering animals, plants, even the air and water, into messengers of the future. At this rank, its effectiveness becomes more of a curse than a blessing, as its user might be overcome by despair in realising the absoluteness of the future. This perhaps would concern a lesser soul, but the Bravery of Sigurd will not allow such weakness of mind.

Noble Phantasm:

Glódrauda
    The Gold Sounding Treasure

Type: Varies
    Range: Varies
    Maximum Targets: Varies

Riches hoarded by Fafnir, after the dragon’s death by the hands of Sigurd, it came into the possession of the hero. It contains five notable artefacts.

The first is the sword Ridill (E), which is a sword that weighs nothing in its wielders hands.

The second is the sword Hrotti (D), a blade that weighs heavily upon those who are hit by it.

The third is the golden armour Gullbrynju (D) which bestows the user with magical protection in addition to 10 AC provided by the armour.

The fourth is the 'helmet' Aegishjalmr (C), which disguises the user in a shroud of malignancy that causes the opponent’s STR and AGI to drop unless they clear a mental resistance check.

The last is the permanently attached cursed ring Andvarinaut (D-) which brings the user endless wealth (equivalent to C-rank Golden Rule) but also causes their LCK to drop to E-rank.

This Noble Phantasm is ideal for hiding Sigurd’s identity at the beginning of the war.

Gram
    Sword of the Sun

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum Targets: 1000

The lustrous sword.

It was forged from the remnants of a sword created and broken by Odin himself. It is a magnificently crafted blade and its natural sharpness was enough to cleave an anvil in twain. Gram, as the former “sword that when pulled out of tree would choose the king” is the prototype of Caliburn, “the sword that when pulled out of the stone would choose the king”, and by extension, also the prototype of Excalibur.

When its name is invoked, a light that burns away all life is called upon to lay waste to anyone whom stands before the sword. Unlike Excalibur, this ability is less focused, and is more like a huge cone of searing light rather than a beam. Their type and usage is thus slightly different.

In addition, it is not a Prana conduit, but rather acts on its own predefined function. This means that it does not consume Prana from its user other than a measly activation cost, but must also be recharged after it has been used, which is achieved by putting it into a tree and letting it bathe in the rays of the sun. This also creates a powerful bounded field around the tree, which only Sigurd has authority to enter.

Regardless, its power as a weapon is near unmatched and as it was crafted to kill the dragon Fafnir, in which it ultimately succeeded, it also has the dragon-slayer attribute.

Analysis:
    PROS
    + Amazingly good duellist Servant on account of his myriad of Noble Phantasms and good single combat skills (Revelation(Gaia): A+, Magic Resistance: A and Rune Magic: C).
    + When push comes to shove, pulling out Gram assures victory against almost any foe.
    + Can hide his identity very effectively using Glódrauda, since it shrouds him as well as allows him not use his dead giveaway Noble Phantasm in Gram.
    CONS
    - Gram, though amazingly strong, is fairly inflexible. It blows its entire load and then has to recharge and if that doesn't succeed, tough luck, no retries this battle.
    - Though bravery basically negates the bad parts of Revelation (Gaia), Sigurd can be surprisingly fatalistic. The theme of fate being set in stone runs deep in Norse culture.
    - Luck of the Irish.

Design notes
    Well, at first when I was making this I was like, dayum if I give him all these Noble Phantasms he'll have like a million, So the Gilgamesh approach it was! Glódrauda was the solution to this problem. I looked at the Noble Phantasms and realized all of them had the theme of being stolen from Fafnir and tied that in with a clatchy sounding name. I really liked this angle, since him stealing Fafnir's treasure is integral to his legend as it kind of becomes the crystallisation of his efforts of defeating the dragon. The name Glódrauda is a kenning used by Fafnir to refer to the shine of his treasure, it means glow-red.

His alignment stems from the fact that his entire tale just revolved around him trying to get wealthy and then get laid, certainly True Neutral, of course, for the Norse, this was a heroic quality, so they would see him in more “good” light.
    Revelation(Gaia) is a spin on Jeanne's skill from F/A. In the Völsunga saga Sigurd eats the roasted heart of Fafnir, giving him the gift of prophecy, though he first just took a lick of some of the blood, which then made some birds tell him what he should do. I guess I sort of combined these aspects. Seems fairly logical.

Technically Gram is as powerful as Excalibur, but Excalibur is more focused and thus has a longer range, giving it that elusive “Anti-Fortress” property. Nevertheless, Gram is a very powerful sword and Sigurd is an equally impressive Heroic Spirit.

“Where the hell is 'Armour of Fafnir'?” You might ask. Well, the whole idea of this sheet is the notion that Siegfried and Sigurd are, though very, very similar, different. In a way you can see them as different versions of roughly the same legend, which grew apart as the two cultures which housed it did as well. Sigurd as I have presented him is based on the Norse account of this legend, mostly recorded in the Völsunga saga. In this account, our hero never bathes in the blood of Fafnir and never becomes invulnerable. I wouldn't doubt that Siegfried gaining invulnerability is directly inspired by the legend of Achilles and was first applied to the legend of the dragon slayer after the continental Germans had been Christianised and exposed to classic mythology, but that's a tangent
    Last edited by Petrikow; March 28th, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    also the prototype of Excalibur.
    This is the only thing wrong with it, otherwise very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wrote it like a year ago.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Your Gram is better than Apocrypha!Balmung by far, it's nicely themed. Also your use of Revelation rather than the existing Animal Dialogue was neat, I like the broader connotations it has.

He's an interesting and fun-looking Saber overall, I like that he doesn't have the invulnerability of Seigfried.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I remember fucking around with that last personal skill for like a long time.

Originally he had Revelation and Animal Dialogue. I sort of merged them to get the skill we see now.

At one point I called it like Gaian Prophetic Communal or something, lol.

Blog Entries
    Kinda grumpy because I finally got some free time to log in and create stuff, tried looking for inspiration, and accidentally got saddled with a Servant plotbunny that is way beyond my current level of time/energy/Nasu to write. Rrgh. Might as well just skim recent pages nostalgically instead and comment as I go.

Journey of edits in progress:
    Pretty interesting Sigurd. Really like his initial appearance / way of hiding his identity compared to Apocrypha's "be really quiet" lol. Mind, I like the Apocrypha one's design, but they didn't really give much thought to his NPs/resolution IMO. Poor guy. Overall really like his skill set and pro/cons, though my one curiosity is that the invulnerable thing is so extremely iconic that it's a little hard to believe any incarnation of him not getting it by default.

Tiamat is so very, very, very Moon Cell only, but that's not inherently a bad thing for thought exercises. I know I kinda want to try drafting Berserker Thor thanks to a certain OPverse manga sometimes. Aside from the Ea thing, which was pointed out and you accepted, I kinda question the Independent Action a bit - IA isn't just the personality to resist orders, but also the capacity to manage your fuel well enough that you can go solo, so just saying "she can survive indefinitely" without a reason why is a little iffy personally. Dragon reactor?

Hrm, Peredur or Percival... Both have fun personalities, though I like Grail Knight a bit more than I do Flower of Knighthood. Flower of Knighthood is a good way of explaining his myth, though. The very hard to pronounce spear is a pretty nasty NP, though, considering it greatly improves the threat of even a glancing blow. Imagine the first time you get "the attack barely missed but a line of blood raises on your cheek" with that. Seems a little odd that the destructive one can be mitigated/diminished but the restorative one ignores rank and strength entirely, but that's just a consistency note.

...Really wondering how Percy's carrying around the Siege Perilous though. The lack of any descriptive text there really leaves you free to imagine some silly baggage he's toting around; I keep picturing Kanji and his chair.
    Last edited by Sunny; March 28th, 2014 at 02:00 AM.

NOOOOO

MY PRECIOUSSSS

fucking Sigurd

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what did I do

Oh I thought you were bloble at first, looking at your name that comment now makes sense.
    Last edited by Petrikow; March 28th, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Sigurd fucking killed me

I want my shinies back

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Sigurd fucking killed me

I want my shinies back
    One day, my friend, one day.
    F/GO SUPPORT