Page 429 of 782 FirstFirst ... 329379419424427428429430431434439479529 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Proda View Post
    Well the Landsknecht tought of him as a demon because of his ferocity in battle and because his men were the only ones trained and capable enough to beat them, that's no miracle, but the renown and association with magic is there methinks.
    A bit feeble, but yes, that's what I meant (and personally the way I would personally go if I were to make him a Servant profile). Also it would make some sort of connection with this quote from wikipedia «Faceva pił danno alli inimici lui solo che tucto lo exercito.».
    In other words, he has the presence and the affinity of a Devil who scares even the "godless - "demonic" - barbarians" who went against and sieged Rome.

Undefeated of the Keyboard! Proda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    A bit feeble, but yes, that's what I meant (and personally the way I would personally go if I were to make him a Servant profile). Also it would make some sort of connection with this quote from wikipedia «Faceva pił danno alli inimici lui solo che tucto lo exercito.».
    In other words, he has the presence and the affinity of a Devil who scares even the "godless - "demonic" - barbarians" who went against and sieged Rome.
    That and his untimely death left them no opposition and made the sack of Rome possible. Yup I was meaning to write that as description, but since there are no reliable sources in english i have to translate most of what i have and it'll take a while ^^
    I am the seat of my chair
    Wood is my body and foam rubber is my blood
    I have built over one thousand chairs
    Unknown to sofas
    Nor known to beds
    have withstood pain to build many chairs
    and yet those chairs will never be liked by Shiki Tohno
    So as i pray:
    "UNLIMITED CHAIR WORKS!"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I wanted to make Vahagn a Servant... but it turned out he was a full god.

Then I wanted to make David of Sassoun a Servant... but I couldn't find ANYTHING about him.

So here, have a Russian chick with a doll.

Servant info:
    Spoiler:

​She doesn't get Wand of Orcus as her Noble Phantasm, sadly.

Name:
    Vasilisa the Beautiful
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: E~B+

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Class Skills:

Item Construction:
    D
    Caster is capable of weaving clothing enhanced by magic. However, they are not much better than what any decent modern magus could craft.

Territory Creation: E
    Capable of making minor changes in an area, not enough to classify as a special territory such as a Workshop.

Personal Skills:

Magecraft: D+
    Caster inherited a few Magic Circuits from her mother, and learned a spell or two from a book she found in Baba Yaga's hut. While she is a below-average magus even for modern standards, she could potentially increase this skill's Rank if her Master is patient enough to teach her.

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    Mother's Blessing - A Sad Girl's Friend

Anti-Unit, Rank E~B+

A familiar Vasilisa inherited from her mother, who in turn received it from her mother, a legacy that has been passed through generations of a dying magi family. Initially appearing as a small wooden doll, this ancestral puppet becomes animate once it has been fed with a bit of Prana. As it is "fed" with more and more Prana, it grows stronger, and its appearance changes. A little bit of prana will cause it to turn the size of a child, with the ability to perform household tasks with precision and skill. At its strongest, however, it becomes giant and is comparable to a Servant, equal to one with Strength, Endurance and Agility of Rank B. Due to Caster's low capacity as a magus, this usually requires a skilled master. The puppet is actually sentient and sapient, and is very wise about the mysteries of old Europe, making it a reliable source of information at a low Prana cost. It is loyal to Vasilisa, and its priority is to protect her from harm.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Working on some Amerindian servants, was struck by the thought that I can use a lot of the Mexica (Aztec) gods as Servants, because a lot of them were actually probably based on real people. History and myth tended to amalgamate together in Mesoamerica. Hell, even in modern Mexico, the most important figures of the Conquest and what happened afterwards have this sort of mythical status in the Mexican culture. Just look at Malinche, Cortez's indigenous lover, who has come to become this almost legendary betrayer figure, a symbol for treachery and the tainted, dark counterpart to the Virgin of Guadalupe, the other mother figure of Mexico.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Excellent, I've always liked Vasilisa, she's ended up as an interesting Caster. I like the idea of a below-average Caster, weak Servants are fun. The doll works well as a Noble Phantasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Excellent, I've always liked Vasilisa, she's ended up as an interesting Caster. I like the idea of a below-average Caster, weak Servants are fun. The doll works well as a Noble Phantasm.
    below-awerage? You mean shitty?
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

Quote Originally Posted by Riesbyfe View Post
    Everyone likes shitty Servants. As long as you're not the Master.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrass View Post
    Working on some Amerindian servants, was struck by the thought that I can use a lot of the Mexica (Aztec) gods as Servants, because a lot of them were actually probably based on real people. History and myth tended to amalgamate together in Mesoamerica. Hell, even in modern Mexico, the most important figures of the Conquest and what happened afterwards have this sort of mythical status in the Mexican culture. Just look at Malinche, Cortez's indigenous lover, who has come to become this almost legendary betrayer figure, a symbol for treachery and the tainted, dark counterpart to the Virgin of Guadalupe, the other mother figure of Mexico.
    This is what I've done. Itzpapalotl was turned into a venerated warrior, my other Mesoamerican servants are mostly gods as well. Just fluff all of them as the original prototype who inspired the legends.

This is how I ended up writing an Odin Servant as well. Or Wodinaz, to be more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riesbyfe View Post
    Yes. Nothing wrong with shitty Servants, considering how the ones we saw in HGW4 & HGW5 tended to be well above average.

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneKo View Post
    Everyone likes shitty Servants. As long as you're not the Master.
    I would actually like to see a HGW with complete set of shit-tier Servants, where it basically becomes almost usual magus fight, but WITH RULES.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

Blog Entries
    This is what I've done. Itzpapalotl was turned into a venerated warrior, my other Mesoamerican servants are mostly gods as well. Just fluff all of them as the original prototype who inspired the legends.

This is how I ended up writing an Odin Servant as well. Or Wodinaz, to be more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Nothing wrong with shitty Servants, considering how the ones we saw in HGW4 & HGW5 tended to be well above average.
    Yes. I kind of want to give some of my Mesoamerican servants some kind of curse of vengeance directed at European Heroic Spirits, particularly if the Servant was from the Conquest.

Mostly, I'm focusing on Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl, who were definitely two real rulers who really threw down. And I'd like to make those two pretty powerful, because they were mythologized into gods and I'd like these two at least to be able to hang with Servants like what we saw in the 4th and 5th Grail Wars.

I am also working on an Assassin Servant called the Wind of Knives, who is actually kind of similar to your version of Itzpapalotl except he can become a whirlwind of stupidly sharp obsidian. This was one of the trials you'd have to face in the Mexica afterlife. A whirling wind of blades.

Another Servant I'm working on: Baron Samedi.

There are like zero Caribbean Servants in this thread, which is just super disappointing.

Baron Samedi is a loa spirit from Haitain Voodoo, a god of death, and a bit of a trickster figure. He's really cool, and actually Doctor Facilier from the Princess and the Frog is very heavily based on him. He's famous for possessing people during the celebrations of other Loa spirits and generally being especially mischievous. But because possession is such a big thing in Haitain Voodoo, I was thinking I could do something interesting by potentially making his Heroic Spirit a woman who was possessed by him and so would have some of her powers.

That would be kind of cool, right?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Cool doesn't begin to describe, Bearguy.

Gotta represent.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Cool doesn't begin to describe, Bearguy.

Gotta represent.
    The idea of a Haitain woman swaggering around in tattered dress clothes with a top hat on her head, skull make up on her face, a cigar in her mouth, and a glass of rum in her hand is pretty cool to me.

(And she would still totally be hitting on all the mortal women.)

Since Baron Samedi is a god of the cross roads of life and the dead, some kind of powers related to shadow, teleportation, redirection, multiple lives, and the like seem the most appropriate.

Blog Entries
    Whut. That is exactly how my Cecile Fatiman berserker is planned to operate, through loa possession.

Blog Entries
    There's this couple from Mesoamerican myth that I am thinking of using. They are Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl. They got this tragic lover's tale and at the end they both become two volcanoes in Mexico when they die and I was thinking man I could totally use that to make them logia-esque Servants (like from One Piece, people who can become and generate certain elements). Popo became an active volcano, while Itza became an inactive one, so I guess Popo could have some sort of magma powers and Itza could have like Obsidian generation powers.

I was also thinking of using Servants from Oceania, but my actual knowledge of Polynesian, Melanesian, and Micronesian mythologies is not too great. I know very general things about traditions and religions from those areas, but I probably couldn't tell you the name of any specific gods.
    Whut. That is exactly how my Cecile Fatiman berserker is planned to operate, through loa possession.
    There's no reason we can't both make Loa servants like that. ;P

In fact there's nothing wrong with doing every Haitain servant like that.

You picked an actual person from history, though, which is cool.

I am just planning to make up someone who never really reached widespread acclaim.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I just found it amusing that we decided on extremely similar servants using identical methods in a small timeframe.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, I just found it amusing that we decided on extremely similar servants using identical methods in a small timeframe.
    I was thinking of making a Mesoamerican Servant similar to Fake Assassin.

Some random spirit who was actually just the best fit for a legendary thing or person.

More specifically, I am looking at doing that for the Wind of Knives.

Like dude was so fucking sick with a pair of Obsidian knives he broke reality and would literally become a blazing whirlwind of obsidian shards.
    Last edited by Theocrass; April 9th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    I feel you. Producing Australian Aboriginal Servants is tough as balls due to a lack of written records online. I'm sure other Oceania mythology suffers a lot of the same issues.

As for Mesoamerican, I still have to write up my Manco Capac and Ce Actl Topletzin bios. Thinking of making some sort of lost king of Nazca too, who can summon the various beasts depicted in the Nazca lines as giant stone familiars. Because wanking totally lost civilisations is cool.
    Last edited by Vagrant; April 9th, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    I feel you. Producing Australian Aboriginal Servants is tough as balls due to a lack of written records online.
    No kidding. :/

There's a lot of fragmentary stuff from Mesoamerica, but the amount of information isn't great for producing Servants.

Anyways, I was thinking that Quetzalcoatl could be a pretty powerful Heroic spirit. The man he's sort of based on at first lived in Tula (more northern area) where Quetzalcoatl is a god of wind, merchants, and more. This ruler was eventually kicked out by another ruler/god (Tezcatlipoca) so he traveled down to Chichen Itza in Southern Mexico, where Kukulkan (the Mayan feathered serpent) is the Mayan god of destruction. We do have actually have evidence that someone moved from the Valley of Mexico down to Chichen Itza.

This multiplicity of identity could factor into his status as a Heroic Spirit, giving him a lot of Noble Phantasms and skills, reflecting that he was the basis or he was amalgamated with two different gods with two very different domains.

This is something I was working on for a story that eventually got scrapped. Thought I might share. I never really put it under too much review, so I cannot make any claims as to quality.

"Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Ruler (Alternate class: Caster)
    True Name: Adam
    Alignment: Neutral
    Appearance: Evocative of a primitive shaman, Ruler is wrapped in so many furs and bone charms that most would wonder how he could move or even see properly. In fact only a single slit over one eye offers any indication that a man even exists underneath it all. If any were to unwrap him from his coverings they would discover a man who was well muscled from hard work but pale as though he had barely spent a day in the sun.

Parameters

Strength:
    C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Mana: A+
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Class Skills:

Item Creation:
    E-
    -Capable of creating primitive weapons and charms infused with some prana. Comparable to charms that can be created by modern Magi.

Territory Creation: -

-Incapable of creating a workshop. Can create and care for a garden, which is not a metaphorical name. He really can just grow plants, at the same rate and with the same materials as any ordinary person.

Personal Skills:

Natural Body:
    A-
    -This Servant possesses a perfect body that was crafted directly by the hands of a deity. Permanent Rank Up to Strength, and physique should be essentially immune to negative influences of diet, toxins, and other such influences. However, due to events in Ruler's life, he suffers a rank down that instead causes such effects to be delayed rather than negated.

Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig:
    E
    -A rank granted to those who have attained enlightenment not through personal effort or the gift of a higher power, but through deception and theft. Reduces damage from physical, conceptual, and interdimensional attacks, and offers complete immunity to mental interference. However, no knowledge or truth can be actively attained, only random insights.

Natural Insight: A
    The capacity to study and understand natural phenomenon. Ruler is specialized to understanding living organisms, and can accurately categorize them with only a short time of observation.

Noble Phantasm:

The Naming
    EX
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: Touch
    Effect: In life, Ruler was tasked with naming all the animals of creation. This was not a simple description or word to call the species by, but rather a fundamental identity that defined its essence. Through the use of this Noble Phantasm, Ruler can affect the "True Name" of any creature he interacts with. While this Noble Phantasm does not allow him to instantly learn the True Name of anything he comes in contact with, his Natural Insight skill allows him to quickly learn the True Name of most mundane animals he encounters, and the abilities naturally bestowed upon a Ruler even allow him to learn the True Name of Servants.

Knowledge of a lesser creature's True Name allows Ruler to issue absolute commands that must be followed, an effect that can be resisted by Servants. The more powerful aspect of this Noble Phantasm can only be used when Ruler is able to make physical contact with the target. By placing his hand upon an area of a creature where its nervous functioning is centered (typically the forehead for a creature with a head), Ruler can alter the target's True Name. This will fundamentally modify the nature of target, morphing it into a new existence as necessary. When summoned under the Caster class, he is limited by the prana he is supplied with by his Master, and can usually only cause minor modifications to a creature, at most causing the target to revert to the form of a species further back in its evolutionary line. However, as a Ruler he has access to the vast power of the Grail itself, allowing him to cause much more dramatic changes. It is theoretically possible for him to convert ordinary household pets into powerful Phantasmal Species.

In theory, a creature that lacks a True Name would be completely immune to this Noble Phantasm. Existences such as the Assassin of the Fifth Heaven's Feel or any properly summoned Hassan-i-Sabbah might fall into this category.

Notes: The idea came partially from how Jeanne was a "Saber-ish" Ruler, and thoughts about how a Ruler with leanings toward another class would go. Funnily enough, Adam's knowledge of magic itself would be laughably primitive even as a Caster, with even a novice magus of the modern day being able to cast more complex spells than he is. His power is entirely based around his Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Notan; April 10th, 2014 at 03:16 AM.
    Fate/Shattered Legacy: While the Magus Association investigates the goings on in Trifas, another war brews elsewhere...
    -Current progress: Chapter 1 finished.

Blog Entries
    Yes. I kind of want to give some of my Mesoamerican servants some kind of curse of vengeance directed at European Heroic Spirits, particularly if the Servant was from the Conquest.

I am also working on an Assassin Servant called the Wind of Knives, who is actually kind of similar to your version of Itzpapalotl except he can become a whirlwind of stupidly sharp obsidian. This was one of the trials you'd have to face in the Mexica afterlife. A whirling wind of blades.
    These two ideas sound particularly interesting to me. Mictlan was always a kickass sort of underworld, and I had played with the idea of humanizing some of the Mictlan deities, but your idea with the Wind of Knives sounds rad as fuck. The stuff you mentioned later on about him being a Fake Assassin-style dude would work really well I think. A swirling maelstrom of obsidian death sounds awesome.

The idea of a semi-generic Mesoamerican Curse skill for many Servants to use would also be cool, it would give them flavour whilst also uniting their style a bit. These are solid. Stick with them I feel. Maybe then I'll steal your Curse skill for my Mesoamerican Servants :P

The idea of a Haitain woman swaggering around in tattered dress clothes with a top hat on her head, skull make up on her face, a cigar in her mouth, and a glass of rum in her hand is pretty cool to me.

(And she would still totally be hitting on all the mortal women.)
    This image is awesome. I would totally love to imagine Cecile Fatiman like that. Her being a Berserker though, she tends to have various loa jumping in and out of her at inconvenient times, so her look would change a lot.

There's this couple from Mesoamerican myth that I am thinking of using. They are Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl. They got this tragic lover's tale and at the end they both become two volcanoes in Mexico when they die and I was thinking man I could totally use that to make them logia-esque Servants (like from One Piece, people who can become and generate certain elements). Popo became an active volcano, while Itza became an inactive one, so I guess Popo could have some sort of magma powers and Itza could have like Obsidian generation powers.
    I've always liked this myth. My concept for Popocatepetl was a Saber who used a rough obsidian axe-sword thing, like a smaller version of Herk's rock. Except to reflect his volcano shit it had veins of magma in it and burned hot. The idea of them being Logia-type people is pretty neat though. Not at all how I would have expected to see them materialised, but definitely inventive and visually striking. I don't know that I could imagine Iztaccihuatl as a Heroic Spirit though. At the very least not a Servant, since I cannot imagine her fitting any of the seven classes. You should make a Partners class Servant, where dual servants are summoned and have pros and cons for there being two of them. These guys, Romulus and Remus, Castor and Pollux, it could totally be a thing.

Anyways, I was thinking that Quetzalcoatl could be a pretty powerful Heroic spirit. The man he's sort of based on at first lived in Tula (more northern area) where Quetzalcoatl is a god of wind, merchants, and more. This ruler was eventually kicked out by another ruler/god (Tezcatlipoca) so he traveled down to Chichen Itza in Southern Mexico, where Kukulkan (the Mayan feathered serpent) is the Mayan god of destruction. We do have actually have evidence that someone moved from the Valley of Mexico down to Chichen Itza.

This multiplicity of identity could factor into his status as a Heroic Spirit, giving him a lot of Noble Phantasms and skills, reflecting that he was the basis or he was amalgamated with two different gods with two very different domains.
    Quetzacoatl is always an interesting one to make into a Servant because he has a lot of different avenues. As long as a single form of his wasn't too overstuffed with Skills/Phantasms I think he'd be bretty gud.