Page 434 of 782 FirstFirst ... 334384424429432433434435436439444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Aladar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I really doubt existence like Cain can be sublimated into Heroic Spirit, shouldn't his NP take effect after he was killed? That's why it's avenged, not prevented.
    Hence the Avenger class.

Actually, you raise a valid point about the NP. But I could never imagine how the Mark would keep him eternally alive and repenting if it worked after the damage was done. I mean, mankind was out of Eden by that point and they could live up to 900 or something, but still, nowhere near immortal. That's why I wrote it as a preventive ability.

Chapter 15: Prince VS Pauper

A whole world away from Fuyuki, in a city of mages, a new War threatens to break out. Seven new Masters are chosen and enter a life-changing battle, unknowingly becoming part of a War in which there are more players than the eyes can see...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post
    But I could never imagine how the Mark would keep him eternally alive
    It wouldn't? He ends up dying normally.

The Mark was just to warn off anyone from killing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence the Avenger class.
    Avenger is a Heroic Spirit.
    Last edited by Siriel; May 11th, 2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It depends.

Flood taking him is the common Catholic interpretation I think, but Catholic folklore loved themselves some Cain sightings in the Middle Ages.

While Mormons think his mark was black skin and all black people thus carry seeds of corruption (but they can repent for it so its not racist guise)
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    There's also at least one where his house falls on him.

Anyway, point is that the text itself doesn't seem to point toward any sort of immortality.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It not being biblical canon doesn't mean that the folklore interpretation can't be used for Servant creation though.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It depends.

Flood taking him is the common Catholic interpretation I think, but Catholic folklore loved themselves some Cain sightings in the Middle Ages.

While Mormons think his mark was black skin and all black people thus carry seeds of corruption (but they can repent for it so its not racist guise)
    I think the long standing belief amongst Catholics was that black people came from Ham who was also cursed (but by Noah). The world doesn't change, it just turns.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Hence the Avenger class.

Actually, you raise a valid point about the NP. But I could never imagine how the Mark would keep him eternally alive and repenting if it worked after the damage was done. I mean, mankind was out of Eden by that point and they could live up to 900 or something, but still, nowhere near immortal. That's why I wrote it as a preventive ability.
    I don't think the Mark was supposed to keep him alive?
    In most versions it goes like this: God curses him to wander the earth without peace and rest, he says that the punishment is too harsh, since he is defenseless and weak (who can harm him, assuming that he is third human is another question), so God puts a Mark as means of protection (it's actually act of mercy on His side). Some Hebrew versions say that horn sprout out of Cain's forehead and anyone who looked at it gained knowledge about consequences of killing him.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; May 11th, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    Isn't the point of a Rider class to have a high Riding rank?
    Sure, but when it's basically the only class you fit into at all you make do with what you get.

Worth noting that if it weren't for EXTRA I wouldn't really consider Armstrong fit to be a servant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Sure, but when it's basically the only class you fit into at all you make do with what you get.

Worth noting that if it weren't for EXTRA I wouldn't really consider Armstrong fit to be a servant anyway.
    I still chalk that up to 'Moon Cell Shenanigans' though.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Mystic Eyes: A+: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. Due to introducing the concept of 'murder' into the world, Cain posseses immense insight into a living being's concept of 'death'. He sees the lines and dots on all living things and is even able to conceptualize a point of death on otherwise immortal living creatures (say, a True Ancestor under the full moon). His Eyes are able to 'see' or 'imagine' the death of living beings only. Cain cannot see the death of unliving objects, spells or phenomenons.
    I once again repeat, this is not how MEoDP work.

You can't perceive non-existent things.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    What's that? Armstrong was just mentioned offhand in EXTRA, why'd you bother making him into a Servant? Screw you guys, you know who else was mentioned offhand in EXTRA and never explored? A motherfucking dragon, that's who!
    I still kind of wish Strange Tail Girl had turned out to be Kiyohime instead of Bathory, but hey, you win some and you lose some. As a result of her story, she does bear some strong resemblances to Bathory. The image I picked for her is really just icing on the cake.

Kiyohime
    Possessive Dragon Princess

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: None

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Magic: C
    Luck: C

Background

A little known legend, Kiyohime is a an anti-hero of sorts from Japanese folklore, and a symbol of possessive, jealous love. Many hundreds of years ago, back before the unification of Japan began, she was a simple innkeeper, hosting weary travellers in her father’s simple lodgings on the Hidaka riverbank. She was sweet enough, but a romantic at heart. She always hoped and dreamed of meeting a man who would take her away from the little inn to a life of love and passion and simple, clean living.

One day, a travelling monk stopped at the inn, and stayed for the night. He was taken by the beauty of Kiyohime, and so one night became two, two became a week, a week became a month and so on. He was handsome and charming and worldly, and Kiyohime could not help but adore him in return. They charmed each other, flirted, enjoyed each other’s company, and eventually Kiyohime fell in love. The monk began to fall in love too, and his realisation of this snapped him out of it, as he was devoted to his faith and his vows and could not indulge in passions of the human world.

Knowing how upset Kiyohime would be to see him leave, he simply snuck away one night, disappearing from her life forever. Or so he intended. When Kiyohime awoke and found that he had left, her heart was broken, and her mind became clouded with possessive, greedy rage. She pursued him relentlessly, chasing him to the riverbank and cornering him without escape. However, he managed to get on board a boat and sail across the river, stranding Kiyohime on the other side. Determined not to lose the love of her life, she plunged into the river and swam across, her rage transforming her from a beautiful woman into a dragon.

When the monk saw what she had become, he feared for his life and fled to a temple, where other monks hid him beneath a large bell so that Kiyohime could not find him. However, as a dragon her sense of smell had become enhanced, and in a furious frenzy she tracked his scent to the bell, struck it loudly with her tail repeatedly and then roared a scream of bitter frustration, possessive madness and passionate fury. As she screamed flames burst forth from her breath and superheated the bell, roasting the monk within before melting the bell completely.

Stunned into sobriety by the fact that she had killed the very person she had chased down to retrieve, Kiyohime fled the temple, and was never seen again. Rumours persisted that she was stuck forever as a dragon, but other folktales say that once she had grieved and mourned the loss of her passion she regained the form of a woman and was able to live out her life in relative peace. In the end, only Kiyohime knows, and in the end it doesn’t really matter how it ended.

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement
    This skill raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills.

• D: The tragedy of Berserker is that her possessive rage drove her to kill the person she wished to claim as her own. When items that Berserker considers to be hers are either excessively insulted, damaged or taken from her without her choosing to let them go, she falls into a frenzied rage, raising her Strength by a rank but causing her to attack indiscriminately. Her rash protectiveness of her possessions causes her Luck Parameter to waver up and down by a Rank at times, depending on her actions.

Personal Skills

Monstrous Strength
    An ability possessed by those who were known for deeds of unbridled or uncivilised strength, temporary boost of the Strength parameter, and sometimes other physical parameters, for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill.

• B: Though her folktale is relatively obscure and she is not a famous creature, Berserker’s secret form is nonetheless that of a dragon, albeit a low-ranked one, and as such deserves a degree of respect. While Monstrous Strength is active Berserker completely transforms into her small serpentine dragon form, gaining a rank to each of Strength, Endurance & Agility. However, the form takes a toll on her both mentally and physically, dealing a moderate degree of damage to her body and inflicting psychological trauma every single round. Berserker is able to freely activate and deactivate Monstrous Strength, but while under the influence of Mad Enhancement she tends to use this skill excessively and inappropriately.

Dread Scream
    The Servant is capable of emitting an immense scream, temporarily robbing enemies and allies alike of their ability to think and respond; those who do not expect it or are incapable of the mental resilience to withstand it may temporarily lose their ability to breathe.

• E++: An extraordinarily loud scream that disorients but is prana-intensive, it is like a mild concussive shockwave ripples through the area. While Monstrous Strength is active this skill is Double Rank Up, becoming so packed with prana that the compression of energy superheats it, causing the air to burst into flames when she screams. In this state the shockwave is much stronger. Berserker has an additional ability to disorient more intensely without the concussive shockwaves by flowing prana into the small bronze bell she carries with her, then striking it to cause a high-pitched ringing to be heard.

Factor of the Dragon
    Association to those of the Dragon Kind. The “Dragon” attribute protects against Parameter losses acquired from the first major injury inflicted by the enemy. It may negates status losses from the accumulation of minor injuries like scratches, bruises, fractures and the like.

• C+: At this level the user’s Magical Circuits become Draconic in nature, transcending those of regular Magi, and their Magical Core becomes a low-grade prana furnace. Due to this prana furnace Berserker’s energy while under the influence of Monstrous Strength becomes essentially unlimited, but is restrained by both her own medium-capacity circuits and the fact that her furnace does not regenerate prana as quickly as she can exhaust it. While in her dragonform state, Berserker also gains Magic Resistance Rank C due to being able to use her reserves of prana to repel undesirable magical effects.

Possessive
    Greed drives the owner of this skill to protect those things that are treasured with great ferocity and recklessness. This skill cannot be removed.

• C: The source of Berserker's Mad Enhancement, it offers a chance for her Mad Enhancement to Rank Up if something she treasures is not simply taken from her, but actually lost or broken. The chance of Rank Up increases as more instances that trigger it occur, and it can continue to accumulate Rank increases for Mad Enhancement with increasing ease, rapidly pushing Berserker into truly insane territory if her Master is not careful. Due to her moderate rank in this skill it is possible to talk Berserker out of getting excessively upset by the loss of a minor treasure, but she also has a tendency to collect all sorts of things and regard them as "treasures" even if they are useless pieces of junk.

Dojo-ji
    Chimes of the Spurned Lover

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-15
    Targets: 1-2

Description: Berserker carries on her wrist a bracelet bearing a small bronze bell, an amulet representative of the temple bell she destroyed at the Dojo-ji monastery. The bell is sturdy enough, and in her human form Berserker fights using the bell by striking others with it, causing it to chime sonorously. The noises made by the bell are strangely unsettling, speaking of grief, rage, jealousy and all-consuming greed. Those who hear these noises face Magic checks against low-grade mental interference that will throw them off, having to at least match Berserker’s own Magic rank to dampen the effect. At a Rank above her own, the enemy’s Magic Parameter will negate this effect entirely.

However, when she takes on the dragonic form provided by Monstrous Strength, the bell appears on her tail, growing in size, weight and durability to become an excellent striking weapon. If damaged or broken it can be regenerated over time, which is useful as it serves as a key component in a strategy that emulates how Berserker killed the monk she loved in her folktale. By pumping the bell with prana it swells in size and can be slammed down over an opponent to trap them, before Berserker utilises her Dread Scream skill to attack her own bell. The superheated prana smashes against the already unstable prana-drenched bell, causing it to explode in a magnificent display of fire and energy and with a tolling noise that deafens and shocks all those who are within a small radius of Berserker. Those trapped inside the bell suffer the worst as they are struck on all sides simultaneously by the deafening noise, the extreme heat, the concussive shockwave and the disruptive prana, all flowing together to crush them within the epicentre.

Use of this final method of attack is akin to creating a Broken Phantasm, and is extremely prana-intensive, being highly likely to run Berserker’s dragon reactor core dry for at least a short period of time.

EDIT: Whooo! 30 Servants in this thread. I'm sure it's not a record number, but it's not too shabby and I like round numbers.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 12th, 2014 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Very nice, Vagrant. I've had my own ideas for Kiyohime - mainly using the bell and fire-breath as a furnace against targets, but I find yours to be much more interesting.
    monmusu~<3 :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

The Saint of Byzantium
    "Each one may have the free opportunity to worship as he pleases; this regulation is made we that we may not seem to detract from any dignity or any religion."

Class: Saber.
    Alternate Classes: Rider.
    True Name: Flavius Vlaerius Constantinus.
    Alignment: Lawful Good.
    Parameters:
    Strength: B.
    Agility: B.
    Endurance: B.
    Mana: C.
    Luck: B+.

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: A.
    Riding: B.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma: B+
    Prana Burst (Flames): B.
    Protection from Arrows: EX (C).
    Saint: A.

Noble Phantasms:
    Name: Chi-Rho – In this sign, you will conquer.
    Type: Anti-Army.
    • While Constantine was marching his army against Maximum, he beheld a cross of light in the sky with the words "In hoc signo vinces" above it. Although he did not understanding the meaning of the sign at first he was later told in a dream that if he were to use the sign of the cross against his enemies, he would triumph. As a Noble Phantasm this story takes shape as blinding starlight from his sword, vaporizing ~200 targets as they are bathed in the divine light of the Lord.
    Charge of Kings
    Servant Sheets: 1 2 3/4 5 6 7

Blog Entries
    Eeeeeh couldn't you spice it up a bit? You kind of just have Saber with different personal skills and lower stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Personal Skills:
    Charisma: B+
    Prana Burst (Flames): B.
    Protection from Arrows: EX (C).

Saint: A.
    How about no. You need to provide explanations for these skills anyway. Considering his big deal is legalizing Christianity, doubling down on more skills like Divine Protection from Faith and the like would probably work better.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    How about no. You need to provide explanations for these skills anyway. Considering his big deal is legalizing Christianity, doubling down on more skills like Divine Protection from Faith and the like would probably work better.
    The Protection from Arrows comes from his mother finding and sending him some nails of the Cross, one which was put in the bridle of his horse and the second going to his helmet. Belief that holy relics protected from harm led to the obsession with finding these relics. That and the discovery of the relics fulfilled Zechariah's prophecy.

As for the skills I use this list on Spacebattles, it isn't perfect. It's a little more detailed than the one on the wiki. I'll check the wiki for Divine Protection.
    Charge of Kings
    Servant Sheets: 1 2 3/4 5 6 7

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    What's that? Armstrong was just mentioned offhand in EXTRA, why'd you bother making him into a Servant? Screw you guys, you know who else was mentioned offhand in EXTRA and never explored? A motherfucking dragon, that's who!
    Now do Osakabe Hime, Kaguya Hime and the rest of Caster's Email Friends.

The Protection from Arrows comes from his mother finding and sending him some nails of the Cross, one which was put in the bridle of his horse and the second going to his helmet. Belief that holy relics protected from harm led to the obsession with finding these relics. That and the discovery of the relics fulfilled Zechariah's prophecy.

As for the skills I use this list on Spacebattles, it isn't perfect. It's a little more detailed than the one on the wiki. I'll check the wiki for Divine Protection.
    That sounds more like a unique skill that would help with luck. Or just fall under his Saint skill because having holy relics is one of the possible effects of the Saint skill. Protection from Arrows is more like an actual skill that you're born with that lets you perfectly dodge and block projectile attacks with your body as opposed to them missing via juju.

Also using Spacebattles might be part of your problem.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Alright, I'm trying to improve on the sheet I used for Dorian Gray.

Name: Nicolas Flamel, The Alchemist
    Class: Caster

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Magic: A
    Luck: B

Skills:

Item Construction (A):
    Capable of making a variety of alchemical items and substances of the highest quality.

Alchemist (D-A): Is a master of the protoscience known as alchemy. This skill grants Caster knowledge pertinent to many scientific fields by proxy. These include but are not limited to chemistry, biology, metallurgy and psychology. The rank of this skill depends on how developed or widespread each of these fields are during the era in which Caster is summoned.

Golden Rule (C): Increases the likelihood of accumulating wealth. Caster gains this skill both due to his business acumen and as a side effect of his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm:

Magnum Opus- The Philosopher's Stone (A):
    This fist-sized, ruby colored stone is the pinnacle of alchemy. The stone secretes a quicksilver that enables its wielder to transmute base metals (such as iron or lead) into gold. This quicksilver can also vastly increase the power of any healing agent; the most powerful of these become Elixirs of Life, which grant limited immortality and can revive the recently deceased. The Stone acts as a large reservoir of mana that Caster can draw upon. The use of this energy allows Caster to seemingly ignore the alchemical Law of Equivalent Exchange. This "overcoming" of Equivalent Exchange grants the ability to perform magecraft related to the creation of the Stone itself, such as nigredo (decomposition), albedo (restoration), citirnitas (transmutation) and rubedo (success).