Page 511 of 782 FirstFirst ... 11411461501506509510511512513516521561611 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    D Rank Divinity, done

Kind of funny that the not-at-all important Battle Continuation and Divinity have become the talking points of the profile. My write up for D rank BC openly acknowledged that it's pretty much useless, and the Divinity was tacked on at the last second. He's really all about his Noble Phantasm. At least I thought he was.
    Last edited by Imperial; January 27th, 2015 at 02:52 AM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Theoretically things like Divinity are supposed to be the reason why x Servant is super special in the same way that dragon reactor is to Saber. You aren't a hero just by being some joe off the street, you're destined for greatness.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    So uh, anything on the Sigurd profile I made?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    So uh, anything on the Sigurd profile I made?
    I hadn't ever heard of him before now, sadly, and I'm glad that I now do. Can't really say much besides that, since it seems it's a relatively balanced Servant sheet.

I'm considering doing a sheet for Zeno of Elea. Get owned Achilles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And yeah literally all the dragon stuff was made up if that wasn't glaringly obvious. I thought the thing about his mother being the daughter of Brynhildr and Siegfried was too big to pass up on.
    Last edited by Christemo; January 27th, 2015 at 10:25 AM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    So here's a Brynhildr profile I put together after the details of CCC were translated, with some modifications thanks to Siegfried and Apocrypha. Originally intended to use her in a Third War fic, but now she's been replaced so here you go. I considered writing up some Nasuish lore for her but until we have full Apocrypha translations and all the Siegfried nuggets we can glean from that I'll pass on it.

Brynhildr
    The Tragic Valkyrie

Class: Lancer
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: B
    LCK: E

Appearance

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

• C: Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Divine Protection

The watchful eye of a Divine Spirit guards this Servant in some fashion.

• D: When Odin cursed Lancer to sleep until a man found and claimed her she begged that he prevent it from being any normal man who stumbled across her. He allowed Lancer this one caveat and surrounded her sleeping form with a ring of magical fire, which she can now invoke at any time. It is divine fire which will deter all those without strong mental fortitude from approaching. A skill such as Bravery or similar protection against mental influences is required to pass through the flames unharmed. Those who overcome the fear invoked in them through sheer strength of will and step over the flames may pass, but will be burned by the enchanted fires. Invoked by calling out Odin’s name and her request for protection, this is equivalent to a two-verse aria Bounded Field.

Psychopomp
    The holder of this skill is reputed in legend to be a guide between the land of the living and the realm of the dead. Used to hold souls of the slain to be utilised for various purposes.

• E: As a valkyrie Lancer held a duty to take the souls of the brave warriors to Valhalla after battle, and to sort the rest into those who would go to Hel and those who would not. Though no longer a valkyrie and thus having lost the right to sort the souls of the dead, Lancer retains the capacity to hold a single lost soul within her body if she is near the body as it dies, and can choose to either retain it to consume later for an energy burst that is somewhat greater than if a Servant were to consume a soul normally for energy, or can choose to guide it back to Akasha to temporarily gain a reward from Akasha in the form of knowledge that Ranks Up her Rune Magic skill one level for up to ten minutes.

Rune Magic
    Knowledge about the type of runic magecraft that developed in Northern Europe.

• D: Lancer has learned some of the basic runes of wisdom used by the Nordic people during her tenure as a valkyrie. She is able to utilise six of the core runes in simple arrays and combinations.

Target of Attention

The Servant’s beauty and charm potentially compels others to feel strong attraction and passion, but this skill has the downside of also drawing attention during battle, causing the Servant to have an increased chance of becoming an attack target.

• A+: Almost every attack will be directed towards Lancer. At Rank A+ the more attacks the enemy launches against Lancer the more his or her focus tightens on her, until the enemy can think of nothing else except Lancer, even after the battle has ended. Those with high Mana or Magic Resistance will find the effect wears off rapidly, but others will have to endure the charms. Because of the high rank this also acts in a manner similar to Rank E Charisma as well as Rank C Mystic Face of Charm, where simply looking at Lancer’s face can cause those without prepared defences to become infatuated, and allies and friends seem to naturally come about with little effort.

Brunhild Romantia
    Until Death Divide the Two Apart

C
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 2-4
    Targets: 1

Description: Though Lancer did utilise a variety of weapons during her lifetime, this is not one of them. Instead, this spear is a manifestation of the love and hatred she felt towards her traitorous husband, Sigurd, and the revenge that she wrought against him. Although his deception was manipulated and forced, Lancer was unable to forgive the injuries to her honour so this spear embodies her impassioned feelings. It is in most ways an ordinary and unspectacular Rank C spear, however both the accuracy and the hit damage increase in conjunction with the passion Lancer feels towards her target. The Rank of the weapon against someone she truly loves is Rank A++, and at this stage any attacks against her love are guided with precision greater than that of Gae Bolg’s causality inversion, making escape from her spear all but impossible even to those who can defy fate.

Andvaranaut
    Two Destinies Bound As a Golden Whole

++
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-999
    Targets: 1

Description: The cursed golden ring which was scammed from its owner by Loki, then ransomed to Hreidmar, then stolen by Fafnir, then claimed by Sigurd after slaying the dragon, then gifted to Brunhild as a wedding ring. It is a ring soaked in the blood of so many deaths and so much misfortune, and it manifests its curse of ill fortune in different ways for different people. To Lancer it provides the Personal Skill Golden Rule at Rank C-, such that wealth will never be an issue, but her Luck is fixed at Rank E and can never be altered. However, the fixed Luck Parameter is simply the visible component of the curse, while the second component is far more insidious.

Once the Grail War begins Andvaranaut will determine the participant least suited to bringing Lancer happiness, and will gradually bring the two together through powerful alterations of the lines of fate that exist along each individual’s spiritual path, and with enough time will cause the two to fall in love with each other to the deepest degree. This is not a magical effect, thanks to how the curse interacts with spiritual lines of destiny, and as such cannot be resisted by most traditional methods.

Once the love has been fully realised and the curse has taken absolute authority the two destinies become tied together in a single knot, unable to be separated without destroying both. If Lancer’s love should die she will without doubt kill herself in dismay once this curse has fully seized her, unless she herself kills him intentionally and has other reasons to continue to fight, in which case there is a slim chance that she will not succumb to despair.
    Last edited by Vagrant; January 28th, 2015 at 03:50 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That Andvaranaut is gr8

Blog Entries
    She's a defensive sneak, who sets up a ring of fire and some basic runic wards, then lures people to pass through the fire with her Target of Attention skill, overriding their fearful compulsion so that they burn to death. Absorb the dead spirit, use it to temporarily boost your runic wards next time you do it, rinse and repeat until you fall in love with someone and stab yourself after killing him.

Blog Entries
    Very, very interesting Brynhildr profile. Though I have to wonder if you're aware of the Prototype sequel's inclusion of her as Lancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    ^Is that confirmed? I did not see her name to be confirmed in summaries.

Blog Entries
    I'm aware that Prototype's Valkyrie lancer can coat herself in flames and is almost certainly Brynhildr. I'm also aware that Prototype thinks Artoria is a dude, so why the fuck do I care what that author thinks when I have something more reliably related to real Nasu brynhildr with the Alter Ego Noble Phantasm?

Blog Entries
    Arthuria in hindsight is just a female clone of Proto Arthur since his concept sprouted first.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've wondered for a while, but is it possible to translate Brynhildr Romantia's title as 'Til Death do us Part'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    It's specifically worded that way, so no. I think. But it of course references that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Arthuria in hindsight is just a female clone of Proto Arthur since his concept sprouted first.
    But she's canon, and he's not. So he can go suck a great big jungle-y dick.

(What I'm getting at is I don't care how Proto portrays Servants since they are categorically different from the canon ones, so it does not serve as a foundation for my Servant creations.)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fragments has a Hassan as its Assassin, surely there's room for her in the roster? It's not like we'll get nineteen of them anyway.

Also Ramesses, he's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    But she's canon, and he's not. So he can go suck a great big jungle-y dick.

Define canon.

Given that Zero's canonicity is now questioned.

I basically roll with that each spin-off is a valid alternate timeline.

Prototype timeline obviously split at latest when Uther conceived a boy instead of a girl, probably maybe earlier.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Prototype timeline obviously split at latest when Uther conceived a boy instead of a girl, probably maybe earlier.
    Gilgamesh.

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh.

Fuck, I forget about that one.