Page 748 of 858 FirstFirst ... 248648698738743746747748749750753758798848 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,960 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I still think it's functionally one chain even if it is summoned from multiple portals. Gilgamesh also refers to it as the Chain of Heaven, singular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Class: Saber
    Other Classes: None
    True Name: Tyrfing
    Alignment: Neutral
    Place of Origin: Norse Mythology
    Face Claim

Parameters:

STR: A
    END: A+
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: B-A

Height: 41’’
    Weight: 3.3 Ib
    Dislikes: Dishonor, Senseless Killing
    Talent: Killing
    Natural Enemy: Rho Aias
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Sword
    Armament: Itself
    Catalyst: Its hilt

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Possession
    Servant Saber is not a true heroic spirit but rather the manifestation of the cursed sword Tyrfing which passed hands many times but always brought misfortune with it. As a result whoever wields Saber becomes the servant Saber gaining the statistics provided above and the given class skills. Saber also imbues the possessed should with some of the fighting abilities of its previous masters and the deeper the bond between Saber and its wielder the more skill is passed on.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Spoiler:
    Tyrfing
    The Tragic Peerless Blade

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~70
    Max Targets: 500 People
    In Saber’s myth when drawn Saber could not be unsheathed unless it was used to kill. This bloodlust is brought about as a wave of death activated when drawn. Saber’s wielder must call out its name and draw it from its sheath and the motion of the draw will generate a large slash of red energy to kill all in its path.

The Three Evil Deeds
    Death To All That Wield Me

Type: Curse
    Range: NA
    Max Targets: 1 Person
    Saber’s curse that it will bring three evil deeds upon its wielders. These deeds can be anything from an enemy getting a lucky blow or their friend being caught in the crossfire. These evil deeds can be avoided in the moment with a successful luck check or spent command seal and still count as an evil deed spent.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    The ‘protagonist’ of the Tyrfing Cycle the sword Tyrfing brings nothing but pain to its wielders. Forged by dwarves under threat of death by the king Svafrlami they created a peerless unbreakable sword. It was to be a promised blade of victory on the level of Caliburn or even Merodach, however when the dwarves finished the work they cast a curse on the sword making it hold the death of Svafrlami and three evil deeds. And so what could have been a peerless holy blade became a demon blade bringing death to all.

First the original owner Svafrlami was killed in battle with the berserker Arngrim who gave Tyrfing to his son Angantyr who was then killed by Hjalmar in the first of the evil deeds and the sword was buried with him and his eleven brothers. This would have been the end of the short bloody history of the sword but Angantyr’s daughter Hervor claimed her father’s sword and used it to become a successful viking. Hervor was a smart woman and respected Tyrfing only unsheathing him in the most dire of moments. The two became true partners forming a bond much like that between a rider and their beloved horse.

Unfortunately the partnership was not to last as Hervor gifted the sword to her son Heidrek as he had been banished by his father. Unlike Hervor Heidrek loved the death the sword brought killing his own brother as his first act upon drawing the sword fulfilling the second evil deed. He then began a to cut a bloody swarth through the Gothic kingdom betraying as many people as he needed to in order to feed his lust for power. The sword Tyrfing tiring of the constant honerless death and missing the days of Hervor brought about all of its will to bring the last evil deed upon Heidrek having him slain by his own thralls. Heidrek’s son Angantyr and used Tyrfing with less dishonor than his father but still Tyrfing grew tired of the constant battles. So when Angantyr brought Tyrfing out in a final battle between his half brother Hlod amidst the slaughter that died the ricers red and filled valleys with dead men and horses Tyrfing broke off its own blade and had it fall into the river becoming lost forever.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    A sword so it doesn’t have much in the way of personality but it can create a bond with its wielder and has enough sense of self to know that it liked to be used in honorable battles for a just cause and dislikes bloodshed for bloodsheds sake. As the bond with the wielder becomes deeper the more intelligent Saber becomes and the more power will be granted to its wielder.

Most of the time Tyrfing does not have a wish as he is a sword but when he has enough sense of self to have a wish he would wish to be reunited with Hervor.

Creator Notes: I was reading up on the Tyrfing Cycle and thought there could be a cool servant there but then I realized how cool it would be if there was a servant that wasn’t actually a heroic spirit but rather the sword many heroic spirits wielded. I imagine an alternate Fate Stay Night where Shirou uses Tyrfing and bonds with it deeply to the point Tyrfing almost becomes sentient just in time for a tearful goodbye. The losing its blade thing is something I came up with because I just thought that it sounded pretty cool and tragic in a very nasuverse type way.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; February 28th, 2019 at 10:23 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tyrfing: Interesting idea, but I'm a little spoiled by how the winning entry of the first Servant contest used roughly the same concept of a Servant Tyrfing that possesses/uses its wielders, only executed with much more flavor and detail. No offense, but your take seems a lot more generic by comparison.

Also, while I like how you tried to go for a more tragic/sympathetic take on Tyrfing, I'm curious how you reconcile it being (in the myths) a cursed sword that revels in slaughter with its stated dislike of dishonorable killing. You could've done something interesting with it, like having Tyrfing be traumatized by the violence and deaths its curse wrought, but instead you don't really address that duality at all. Instead, Tyrfing just comes off as a generic "honorable living weapon" sort of character, which doesn't really fit its depiction in the myths at all IMO.

Also, on a more technical note I'm curious what the justification for Tyrfing's EX-ranked Endurance is. Was the sword ever described in the myths as being indestructible like Durandal?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Inari no Ōkami
    Class: Caster
    Identity: Inari no Ōkami
    Source: Shinto mythology
    Origin: Japan
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Height: 151 cm
    Weight: 38 kg
    Theme: Bushido by KarmawiN

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: A++
    Luck: EX
    NP: C

Skills
    Class skills

Item Construction: EX
    Famed as a god of forgers, weapons of the best quality can be crafted. Additionally, a wish-fulfilling jewel, similar to a Philosopher’s Stone, can be created with enough dedication.

Territory Creation: A
    Creation of a Temple, superior to a Workshop, is possible.

Divine Core of the Goddess: B
    A set of properties that represents one's status and absoluteness as a god. It provides Divinity, repels mental interference and prevents growth. Additionally, the figure won't change no matter how many calories are consumed.
    Because this isn’t her true body, the rank stops at B.

Personal skills

Inexhaustible Bale (Body): EX

Could also be called Mana Burst (Food). By spending magical energy, aliments can be produced. In this case, the skill’s effects are narrowed to rice. Useful for preparing meals, but also to attack with explosions of grain.
    For some reason, she uses this skill in combat despite her policy not to waste food.

Familiar (Fox): D
    Inari’s messengers, foxes with pure white fur. They can be directed just by thought without need for a contract.

Witchcraft: EX
    Because of her close association with Dakiniten, she can make use of the Ḍākinī methods. These methods include ways to discern the time of death and different secret ways to obtain influence. The latter are used with more frequency by her to manage the economy of businesses.

Goddess of Prosperity's Workload: A+
    A Skill imitating even Authorities. Several effects can be brought out due to the tasks attributed to Inari by humans.
    Inari is the goddess and patron of rice, tea, sake, foxes, agriculture, industry, forgers, prosperity, fertility… As Japanese society grew and developed, she has acquired more and more Authorities that have been sublimated in this skill as a Servant.
    It goes without saying that this is the reason why she’s so stressed.

Shapeshift: —
    An ability commonly attributed to foxes in Japan. Being the goddess of foxes, it’d be logical for Inari to have this skill as well, but it’s sealed because she’s summoned using a human body as a vessel.

Noble Phantasm

Fushimi Inari Taisha
    Grand shrine of rice

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~30
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

Fushimi Inari Taisha. The head shrine of the goddess Inari, located in Kyōto, and currently one of the most important shrines in all of Japan, as its title of Taisha states. The tunnel of torii, offered by businessmen as tributes to obtain good fortune, that leads to the top of the mountain, as well as the hundreds of fox statues and private sanctuaries, show the degree of worship that she receives even nowadays.

Although it was relocated by petition of the monk Kūkai, there’s an interesting legend about the shrine’s foundation. It is said that the bowman Irogu no Hatanokimi was practicing his archery by throwing rice cakes to the air and shooting at them, when one of them suddenly turned into a swan. The swan flew to the top of a mountain, and great amounts of rice started growing there. Years later, the empress Genmei would order that a shrine was built where the rice grew.

Inari can recreate that legend by symbolically offering a rice cake to the land, turning a wide area into a rice field with grains of the highest quality. While standing on the field, “recovery of stamina and mana over time” and “rank-up to the Luck parameter” are applied to the whole party. As for herself, the field is treated as an equivalent to her grand shrine, therefore powering her up through a maximum-level Fame boost. Were it not because of the restrictions of being summoned as a Pseudo-Servant, it wouldn’t be a joke to say that she could be able to demonstrate the same level of power than at the Age of Gods.

Despite the Noble Phantasm’s name, a shrine won’t appear.
    “It’d be a waste to build the whole thing for it to do the same. Think of economizing a little bit for once.”

Character
    First person pronoun: 私 (watashi)
    Second person pronoun: お前 (omae) / 貴様 (kisama)
    Third person pronoun: こいつ (koitsu) / そいつ (soitsu)

Personality

Serious and hard-worker, perhaps one of the most mature gods you can find. Even if her frame is that of a petite girl, she shows a character not unlike that of a proper adult. As a matter of fact, isn’t she too adult-like? I mean, even if she has such a composed attitude, her face has clear signs of stress. Come to think about it, humans have just kept giving her more and more work without even considering her own feelings. Of course she’d end up looking so tired…

Though she speaks in a polite tone no matter what, her constant fatigue has shortened her temper, and she’s become quite irritable. The kami of prosperity is working Yomi out to pull society together, so she can’t stand the sight of lazy people. She’ll probably resort to domestic violence if she sees someone idling. She won’t allow you not to finish the food on your plate, what with her being the widow of a food kami.

Despite her sternness, it’s not like she’s a draconian boss that won’t let you rest. Moreover, she’ll actually get mad at those who don’t know when to stop. If everyone kept working until they broke, the country would never become prosperous. That’s why she also considers resting important. She’d like to apply that to herself as well and have some time to disconnect from her labor as a goddess, but that’s a completely different issue that shouldn’t be brought up unless you want to be beaten like a sandbag.

Treatment with the Master

Although she is the one on the leash in the contract, that won’t stop her to boss around her useless Master if she has to. She gives off a “bossy little sister that follows you everywhere to critique you for messing up” image despite being way older than what she looks. By the way, just because you are participating in a Holy Grail War doesn’t mean you can leave your usual occupation aside. Do your homework, prepare for the finals, keep looking for a way to find the Root… Whatever, but keep doing it properly as you would usually do. You don’t want to worsen her mood.

Dialogue examples

“Yes, I’m that Inari. I know I don’t look at all like a god, but since I had to possess one of my miko, this is my form now. Well, enough with the chatter. Let’s get to work.”

“Working hard doesn’t mean you can’t rest. I depend on you to survive, so what am I going to do if you overdo it and lose all your energies, huh?”

“Again leaving leftovers? Do you even realize how disrespectful that is to me? Empty that dish, right now.”

“You sure give a lot of trouble for just one human, but your heart is undoubtedly good. *sigh*… I wonder why I always end up with this kind of people around…?”

Personal data
    Historical depiction
    A greatly worshiped goddess in Japan, with about one third of the shrines in the country being dedicated to her. Inari no Ōkami is mostly known as the kami of rice and foxes, but she’s also the one with Authority over tea, sake, agriculture, blacksmiths, industry, trade, and prosperity in general. She is believed to be based on Ukanomitama no Kami, a god of rice and agriculture that is the son of Susanō no Mikoto, although she’s also associated with the goddess of industry, Toyouke Ōmikami, as well as with Dakiniten and Benzaiten.

Despite her popularity, Inari is a mysterious deity. As a matter of fact, not even her real gender is known. She has been depicted as a bearded man riding a white fox, an androgynous Bodhisattva, a child… Sometimes she’s even referred to as a collective of three or five gods. There are also some legends that depict her as a dragon or a monstrous spider. This time, she’s regarded as a female due to the circumstances of her summoning, although it’s very likely that she really is a girl.

Originally just revered as a grain kami, Inari’s fame grew exponentially over time, and with that, her name was used as the patron of many concepts, gaining more and more Authorities. Even in the modern era, with all the Divine Spirits long since gone, many companies in Japan offer their respects to her in order to call for good fortune.

Inari was married in the past to the food kami, Ukemochi, although some sources cite them as identical beings. Nowadays, she’s a widow, with her wife having been slain by the moon god, Tsukuyomi no Mikoto. In a banquet organized by Ukemochi, she pulled the food from the cavities of her body, what disgusted and enraged Tsukuyomi, who drew his sword and killed her.

Related characters

Tamamo no Mae
    Well, she works hard in her own way… Although she’s hard to deal with most of the times……

Tamamo Cat
    Argh, how and why did she multiply?! This one’s personality is worse than the original!

Tsukuyomi no Mikoto
    ……….No comments.

Ukemochi no Kami
    She’s a lazy and clumsy airhead that only gobbles like a pig and lies down watching anime, so completely different from me……. But if it wasn’t for her kind and cheerful heart, I don’t know what would be of me.

Quetzalcoatl
    She has as much work as me or even more, yet she manages to be so cheerful… I’m kind of jealous…

Gilgamesh (Caster)
    The King of Heroes? Are you sure you don’t mean the King of Idiots? Seriously, even if it’s the end of the world, dying of overwork is……

Finally got to remake this sheet. I think she really needed and deserved it.

Blog Entries
    I sort of figured that it wasn't Tyrfing causing the slaughter but rather the greed of those around him. Like it wasn't the sword that caused Heidrik to be such a jerk. Similar to the ring in the Ring Cycle while you can say the ring was cursed it was the man's own lust for power that caused the conflict. As for the EX endurance I sort of made a mistake and assumed that part of the legend of it was it being unbreakable but it's only that its unrustable and can cut through anything. I guess I'll change it to just being A+ ranked.

Also I just read the Tryfing sheet for the Create a Servant contest and hot damn yeah that's leagues above what I made. Although I feel we went in different directions with the idea of a living weapon servant theirs being more a malevolent exception that couldn't exist normally while mine is more of a traditional servant of sorts.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; February 28th, 2019 at 11:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    I sort of figured that it wasn't Tyrfing causing the slaughter but rather the greed of those around him. Like it wasn't the sword that caused Heidrik to be such a jerk. Similar to the ring in the Ring Cycle while you can say the ring was cursed it was the man's own lust for power that caused the conflict. As for the EX endurance I sort of made a mistake and assumed that part of the legend of it was it being unbreakable but it's only that its unrustable and can cut through anything. I guess I'll change it to just being A+ ranked.
    I guess that's fair enough. It's just that the History section you wrote very much implies it was a literal curse. And personally, I feel Tyrfing's personality would be more interesting if the sword was literally cursed, but at the same time hated itself for the death and destruction it brought. But that's just my take. This is your sheet so obviously you're free to go with what you think fits best.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Berserker, Avenger
    True Name: Goujian
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: China (5th century BCE)
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B+
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MANA: D
    LUCK: B
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank C: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding - Rank C: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Unyielding Will - Rank B: A Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances.
    Saber possesses the ability to stand against hardships, affording him some resistance against physical and mental damage. Having subjected himself to pain and discomfort for each moment of his ten years of preparation, Saber can shrug off all sorts of damage.

Mental Pollution - Rank B: A Skill where due to possessing a distorted mentality, it is possible for one to shut out any mental interference thaumaturgy. However, at the same time, it becomes impossible for one to come to a mutual understanding with individuals who do not possess an equivalent rank of Mental Pollution.
    Provides a high probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective.

Eye of the Mind (True) - Rank C+: A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience. A weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, gained through tenacious training. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.
    Though originally Saber’s intensive training was for the sake of fighting one person, the experience gained from steadfast practice and the battles he fought in preparation can be applied to fighting in general.

Noble Phantasms

Blade Untouched by Time
    Yuč Wáng Gōujiŕn Jiŕn

Anti-Unit, Rank C+
    A blade of Saber’s own crafting, serving as his primary Noble Phantasm. Astonishingly, the sword still exists in the present day, and has remained untarnished by the passing of millennia. This is commonly attributed to the airtight fit the sword has with its sheath. Yuč Wáng Gōujiŕn Jiŕn possesses an unfading edge and is all but immune to most forms of damage.
    However, the true Noble Phantasm is not the blade, but rather its scabbard. The near-vacuum conditions caused by the sword’s sheathing can be called to manifest at will now that Saber has manifested as a Servant. When the Noble Phantasm is activated, the interior of the scabbard begins to draw in air at great speeds, sucking everything before Saber towards him. Saber can then strike his targets at will as they enter his range, with their momentum towards him increasing the damage of his strikes.
    The suction created by Yuč Wáng Gōujiŕn Jiŕn only ends when an object blocks the sheath’s opening or Saber re-sheaths his sword.

Blade for the Sake of Resentment
    Wňxīn-Chángdan

Anti-Unit, Rank B
    A sword technique developed for the sake of revenge. Over his ten years of preparation, Saber trained for the day of his vengeance, obsessively thinking of how he would strike down his hated foe. This preparation gave birth to a technique that would allow him to flawlessly defeat his enemy.
    In order to use Wňxīn-Chángdan, Saber and his target must both fulfill a set of prerequisite actions. Each of them must dodge the other’s strike, block another and connect with an attack. Once all conditions have been met, Saber will possess sufficient understanding of his and his foe’s respective abilities to launch his attack. Functioning as a release of ‘stored’ strikes, namely the finishing blows of his ten years of training, the determination born of Saber’s hatred allows him to unleash a selection of these strikes as a flawless combination of attacks. Due to the understanding attained by fulfilling Wňxīn-Chángdan’s requirements, it is almost impossible for an ordinary target to resist the attacks.
    Due to the identity of the target of Saber’s hatred, Wňxīn-Chángdan deals additional damage against Lancers and users of polearms in general.

Description
    Dislikes: Loss, servitude
    Talents: Patience, dedication to a goal
    Natural Enemy: Fuchai

Saber’s true identity is Goujian, the Vengeful King of Yue.

Goujian is a person that could be spoken of as a sword, carefully forged and tempered over a decade. He is direct and to the point, and his words often come off as harsh. Stoic and proud, Goujian is the epitome of a warrior king. He is task-oriented and takes to the pursuit of the Holy Grail with a stubborn determination, focusing on the task with all he has. As such, he has little in the way of pity or qualms when it comes to winning a war.
    Due to his obsession in life, Goujian is a person destined to remain ‘alone’. His dedication to overcome his rival Fuchai and constant reminding of the bitterness of defeat and servitude have rendered him into a hateful person, unable to share wealth or joy with others. However, Goujian did eventually become aware of this as his wife had left him after his triumph, stating that he had become able to only “share woe” with others. However, due to the habits developed over the years of harboring his grudge, he is not entirely sure how he should go about changing himself. Or whether changing himself is even possible anymore. As Goujian is a person with a boundless belief in his own ability to succeed, the thought of this bothers him deeply.
    When dealing with other Heroic Spirits, Goujian remains distant and formal in almost all situations. Depending on another’s social rank, he will treat them as either a subject, an equal or an enemy. The latter category is almost entirely composed of those with no respect toward lawful authority as well as those who dare to think themselves above him. Due to his views, Goujian’s relationship with other Heroic Spirits is likely to be negative.
    Goujian will never truly accept another as his Master, seeing himself as a king and his Master as a subject. Despite his harsh nature, he will generally treat his Master fairly. However, thanks to his willpower and stubborn nature, it can be difficult for a Master to truly control him as a Servant. In addition, due to his hatred of servitude and talent for vengeance, using a Command Spell to compel him into taking an action will result in inevitable betrayal from Goujian’s part.
    Goujian’s wish to the Holy Grail is surprisingly sincere, given the kind of man he was in life. He wishes to undo the negative relationship between the kingdoms of Yue and Wu. Though he anguishes at the thought of negating his great victory over Fuchai, the heroic nature that lies at the core of his incarnation as a Saber urges him to think of the losses that could be avoided were the years of conflict never to occur.

Lore
    Goujian’s life is intrinsically tied to the history and warfare between the kingdoms of Yue and Wu.
    The war began when a Yue princess, who was married to one of the princes of the neighboring state of Wu, left her husband and fled back to the State of Yue. This became the spark for the war to come. Also, as King Yunchang, Goujian’s father, developed Yue's strength, he came into conflict with King Helü of Wu, causing a feud between the two states.
    Upon the death of Yunchang and the accession of Goujian, Helü seized the opportunity and launched an attack on Yue. At the Battle of Zuili, however, Yue defeated Wu, and King Helü was mortally wounded. Before his death, he instructed his son, the later King Fuchai of Wu, "Never forget Yue!" Yue would be defeated three years later by a resurgent Wu, and Goujian captured, to serve as Fuchai's servant for three years before he was eventually allowed to return to his native state.
    Upon resuming his rule, King Goujian quickly appointed skilled politicians as advisors, such as Wen Zhong and Fan Li, to help build up the kingdom. During this time, his ministers also worked to weaken the State of Wu internally through bribes and diplomatic intrigue.
    Whilst ruling his kingdom, Goujian never relished kingly riches, but instead ate food suited for peasants, as well as forcing himself to taste bile, in order to remember his humiliations while serving under the State of Wu. The second half of a Chinese idiom, wňxīn-chángdan ("sleeping on sticks and tasting gall"), refers to Goujian's perseverance.
    After ten years of economic and political reforms, the last phase of the war began, by which time the State of Yue had come a long way from its previous defeat; as described in the Shiji: ‘Ten years of reforms; the state is rich, the warriors well-rewarded. The soldiers charge in the face of arrows like thirsty men heading for drink…’
    Taking advantage of Fuchai's expedition to his north to defeat Qi, Goujian led his army and successfully attacked the Wu capital, killing the Wu crown prince, You. In the 24th year of his reign, Goujian led another expedition against Wu, laying siege to the capital for three years before it fell. When a surrender from Fuchai was refused, Fuchai committed suicide and Wu was annexed by Yue. After his victory, Goujian ruthlessly killed Fuchai's scholars, even those who helped him (including Bo Pi), not allowing himself to make the same mistake Fuchai had made by sparing the lives of his enemies. However, Goujian would not stop there; he would later force Wen Zhong to commit suicide; Fan Li, knowing that Goujian was a man who can share woe but not wealth together, left Goujian after the defeat of Wu.

Notes
    Far from my best work, but trying to get back into the mood of making sheets.

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mmm... I always love me a good China servant. <3

Though I am surprised given the focus on revenge, you didn't go all the way and just make him an Avenger instead of just mentioning it as a possible alternate Class.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Mmm... I always love me a good China servant. <3

Though I am surprised given the focus on revenge, you didn't go all the way and just make him an Avenger instead of just mentioning it as a possible alternate Class.
    Thanks to how much of his tale is based on revenge, he'd be pretty focused on that no matter his incarnation. Its just that as a Saber, that stuff is at its lowest (which speaks volumes of what he'd be like as an Avenger).

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Been suffering with writer's block these past few weeks so I haven't posted much. This is a quick and dirty sheet done in a few hours just to get those creative juices flowing. As usual, all comments and criticisms are welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

The Greatest Caster from the Isle of Britain

"To be a "King" is to protect and to protect is to never betray. Neighbours, friends, family - so long as we live in harmony and don't betray one another we have a bond that can never be broken... Yes, that goes for you too Master. You are apart of my family now as well."

True Name: Math fab Mathonwy
    Epithet: "The Wizard King of Gwynedd"
    Origin: Mythological
    Region: Britain (Mabinogi Cycle)
    Hidden Attribute: Heaven
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: Betrayal, Curses
    Talents: Sorcery, Teaching
    Natural Enemy: Trickster Gods

Parameters:
    STG (C), END (D), AGI (B), MGI (A), LCK (B), NP (A)

Appearance:

Math takes the form of an older man, though still tall and muscular. He has deep blue eyes and a silver mullet of hair that is tied in the back with an indigo ribbon. He wears a blue cloak secured with an aquamarine brooch, over white ruffled shirt, black breeches, and black boots.

When attempting to blend in with the civilian populace, Math will don a business suit to look casual... but no matter how hard he tries, he'll still stick out like a sore thumb due to his Geas forcing him to constantly play the game of "the floor is lava" completely serious.

For battle, he carries a staff that is mainly dark blue except for it's white and gold top which he uses as a wand to cast his many spells.

Personality:
    True to his name ("Math/Goodness"), Math fab Mathonwy is a kind person often acting as a paternal figure to everyone under him. But make no mistake, he is a dangerous man to cross, having built up his kingdom upon the belief that the "Sovereign's Invisible Hand" keeps sinners in check and so he created a code of honour amongst his people and those that broke the law would be punished harshly. He viewed all his subjects as his extended family and strove to treat them all fairly, going so far as to personally punish his own nephews when one committed rape and the other treason. Despite having taken lives in order to protect many more, Math does not enjoy conflict and does not begrudge any of his enemies whether in life or in a Holy Grail War for doing what they must to end battle - so long as it is within an honourable code of conduct, humans caught in the clash of Noble Phantasms is a sad reality but deliberately targeting humans for self gain is something Math absolutely will not tolerate.

Despite Math's attempts at maintaining a stoic composure, it can be hard for a potential Master to take him seriously thanks to the Geas placed on him that results in him talking completely deadpan as he uses every method available to avoid touching the ground - from perching on lampposts to hanging from tree branches. Should he mistakenly stand on the ground, the geas will take effect in the form of black miasma rising from under his feet, rising and swirling around his legs. As long as he breaks contact with the ground before it reaches his heart then he will escape with only a feeling of nausea and a temporary debuff to his parameters. Thankfully this curse is suspended for the duration of direct combat with an enemy. It is for this reason that despite disliking conflict, he does feel a small sense of relief when he sees an enemy as it means he'll be able to forget the worries of his curse for a little while.

His Wish upon the Holy Grail? Obviously to get rid of that blasted Geas that persists even as a Servant, believing he's paid his dues that caused him to receive it in the first place. Just once, he wanted to go on a long walk on the bare ground alongside his beloved wife Goewin.

Skills:

Class Skills

Divinity - (C)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. Originally a Divine Spirit, Math would normally have this Skill at the highest Rank but the displacement of the old gods with Christianity has recast him as a mere human hero in later legends which has caused a decrease in several Skills but allowed him to be summoned as a normal Heroic Spirit unassisted.

Item Construction - (B)
    It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. However, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Math was fond of creating several magical items for his personal use and can construct various tools for a variety of uses - from Mystic Codes to strengthen his Master's capabilities or charms to defend against surprise Servant attacks to even laying traps if an Assassin tries to sneak into their base.

Territory Creation - (C)
    It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. However, because it seems that his personality is not suited for it, the most Math can do is create an efficient Workshop to collect and store mana.

Personal Skills

Charisma - (A)
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Being the much beloved King of Gwynedd and reigning over both humans and Gods, Math's name was known throughout the land and was respected even by his enemies. As a result, allies he fights with in battle gain a moderate boost to their abilities.

High-Speed Divine Words - (B)
    A Skill that assists with magical incantations via a power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting - The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed, it is particularly useful for direct attack magic. By using a language from the Age of Gods, High-Thaumaturgy can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells, however the Rank has decreased from what it would have been had Math been summoned as a Divine Spirit instead.

Mana Burst - (B)
    The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. While not normally a frontline fighter, Math does employ this technique in his legs to increase his agility back to what it used to be in the prime of his life which is reflected in his current Parameters. This allows him to move quickly about the battlefield to evade the likes of the Knight Classes.

Noble Phantasm:

Brwydr y Blodau
    Come, Vanguard of Flowers!

Anti-Unit, Rank - A

The final mystic arte that Math discovered in his life, the final proof of his mastery of sorcery as crystallised in this Noble Phantasm - the act of creating life itself. Math takes a walk away from the city and into the surrounding nature and uses his power to draw in all of the nearby flowers to form them into two humanoid shapes before breathing life into them. They then become two identical copies of Math - right down to sharing the same Geas. These clones can act independently of Math up to several kilometres and what they see and/or hear is directly fed back to Math making them useful for espionage. They also receive a steady supply of mana from Math which allows them to defend themselves if discovered or even support him in battle. The final trick they have is that if Math is losing a fight and is about to be struck down by an attack, he can use his magic to substitute himself with one of his clones to take the damage.

The final and greatest technique of this Noble Phantasm is for Math to gather alongside his two clones (assuming they haven't been destroyed) and to together cast three layers of High-Thaumaturgy at once in order to bring down Divine Thunder upon the opponent in a grand attack on an Anti-Army scale. It would take either an incredibly strong defensive Noble Phantasm to withstand the attack, or an equally powerful attack to cancel it out.

The main drawback of this Noble Phantasm is the sheer amount of energy it takes to do, meaning that Math can only maintain two at a time and once destroyed it would take at least a week to store up enough mana to create another let alone two copies. Of course had Math been summoned as a Divine Spirit things would have been different, but that's neither here nor there.

Lore:

The much loved King of Gwynedd. Though a certain "incident" in his youth led to a geas being placed on him that he could not live on the ground except if he was in battle or he kept his feet on the lap of a virgin. As such he had a special "foot-holder" ready at all times named Goewin who was the fairest maiden in all the land. However everything changed when his nephew Gilfaethwy fell in love with her at first sight, prompting his brother Gwydion to fake a decleration of war between Math's kingdom and the neighbouring one. Math had no choice but to go to battle and whilst he was away, Gilfaethwy raped Goewin in the King's bed. After the death of the enemy king, Math returned home but something was off. Everyone was oddly nervous about something and when he tried to rest his feet on Goewin's lap he immediately felt the geas sapping his strength and so he leap away and Goewin tearfully explained what had happened which was now common knowledge spread in whispered tones throughout the kingdom. Realising that everything had been a ruse by his nephews, Math was enraged and ashamed of himself, he swore that Goewin would now be his wife and Queen to make up for her shame and that the culprits would be punished. Gwydion and Gilfaethwy stayed as far away from the King as they could, but eventually they had no choice but to return after Math forbade anyone from giving them food or water...

Math: "Have the sinners come to accept their punishment?"
    Gwydion: "M-my lord! We beg your forgiveness. It was a moment of weakness, we'll never do it again!"
    Math: "Three."
    Gwydion: "Huh?"
    Math: "You say it was a "moment", but your little plan involved three acts of betrayal. You lied to me about there being a decleration of war, you defiled an innocent woman for the sake of your own lust and finally countless good men on both sides died...AND FOR WHAT!? Death? no, that would be too merciful for you two."

Before they had a chance to react, Math descended upon them and struck down Gilfaethwy with his staff. Gwydion tried to escape but Math was already behind him and knocked him out as well. When the brothers awoke, they found they had been transformed into a pair of deer - one male and one female. Math told them that as an added bonus, they could only mate with each other. Math then casted them out in the wild, though had a man keep an eye on them so that whenever they produced an offspring the infant animal would be taken back to Math who would turn it into a human baby and give it to a childless family to be lovingly raised.

After several years pass, Math decides to release the brothers from their punishment though they would still be stripped of their princely status. It was then that Math revealed that he was still in search of a virgin to be his Foot-Holder and in an effort to ingratiate himself to the king, Gwydion suggested his sister Arianrhod as a candidate. Math interviewed his young niece and she claimed that she was indeed a virgin. Math then produced a magic wand and laid it upon the ground before asking Arianrhod to please step over it to prove her claim. Arianrhod reluctantly does so and immediately gives birth to a baby boy. Ashamed, Arianrhod runs out of the castle but as she passes through the door a lump of flesh fell from between her legs and whilst everyone else was distracted by the newborn baby, Gwydion grabbed the lump of flesh and took it home with him and placed it in a chest. Some time later he heard crying from the chest and upon opening it, discovers a second child.

Years pass by and Gwydion reappears before the aging king Math, bringing the child - now a young man named "Lleu" - with him. Math has heard tales of the various adventures the pair have had and asks what brings them to him. Gwydion explains that he had tried to give Lleu to his mother Arianrhod, but she had placed three different geas upon the boy - that he could not be given a name, given weapons nor have a human wife. Gwydion had found ways around the first two, but the final geas has him stumped so he came to beg for Math's help. Moved that Gwydion had turned over a new leaf and was finally working to help others, Math decided he would solve the problem and walked outside into the palace garden and using his magic staff, he summoned up the flowers of the oak, broom and meadowsweet and combined them together into a human shape before breathing life into it, creating the woman Blodeuwedd "Flower-Faced" who would be Lleu's wife because she was not of human born. Lleu then went on to have several more adventures, winning over the hearts of the people so that when it came to end of Math's life he chose Lleu to succeed him as King of Gwynedd.

Relationships:

Cú Chulainn - "You remind me a lot of another young spearman, he too was a "Child of Light"..."

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne - "So you too suffered as a result of a Geas. You have my sympathy."

Gilgamesh - "What a foul human being, and you dare call yourself a king!?"

King Arthur - "Hah, what a coincidence that we both share names that can mean "Bear", I feel a camaraderie between us already."

Medea - "What an unfortunate young woman, the gods can be so cruel to humans."

Merlin - "Young man, such uncontrolled lust will be the end of you - I've seen it before. It would be a waste to lose such talent, shall I take you under my wing?"

Creator's Notes:
    Yes, I really do believe that should Math ever become a real Servant then he should at least be more powerful than Merlin. He's older and of divine status after all.

The general conceit of this sheet was a serious character that cannot be taken seriously, where he is a wise older man and a powerful mage...but he's surrounded by a bunch of bizarre idiosyncrisies - most notably his "curse". I took a bit of artistic liberty on that one as the situation is incredibly vague due to most of the narratives surround Math having been lost to time. I was rather bemused that I took his whole "making life" schtick and turned it into the Shadow Clone Jutsu from Naruto.

Oh yeah, the Faceclaim this time is Johann Sebastian Bach from ClassicaLoid. The antagonist of Season 1 and the comedic butt monkey of Season 2.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    For a rush job, this isn't so bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Ares
    Class: Berserker
    Identity: Ares
    Source: Greek mythology
    Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Chaotic Insane
    Height: 259 cm
    Weight: 458 kg
    Theme: Greek Battle Music - Ares by Derek & Brandon Fiechter

Parameters:
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: A
    Mana: A
    Luck: D
    NP: A++

Skills
    Passive skills
    Mad Enhancement: A++
    Rises parameters greatly, but the toll in sanity is heavy even for a Divine Spirit.
    From among all the gods that fought against the Velber, Ares is the one that hates her the most. Having been completely humiliated despite being the concept of battle itself, rage has consumed him.

Divine Core of the God: A
    The absoluteness of a perfect god since birth. A composite skill that includes Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of mind and body, repels mental interference, and prevents the body from changes due to growth or caloric intake.
    However, the effects of Mad Enhancement have degraded the rank from EX to A.

Personal skills

Disengage: A

The ability to withdraw from combat and/or reset the battle conditions.
    Returns battle conditions to those of the first turn and restores this skill's condition to its original value. At the same time, bad status ailments are forcibly released.
    Several myths depict Ares being forced to flee from battle after receiving an injury, usually provoked by a hero with the assistance of Athena. That said, he doesn't like having to run away, so using a Command Spell is a better way to ensure that he withdraws.

Roar of the War God: EX
    A howl that causes the opponents to tremble and instills bravery in the allies standing together as warriors. Of course, since he's Ares himself, the rank is invaluable.
    At the same time, in the case of recognizing the enemy as the Velber, his own hatred will surge and he will continue raising his voice until complete elimination.

Embodiment of Battle: A
    A fragment of Ares’ Authority as the god of war. Because he himself is the manifestation of the concept of ‘battle’, he can not only adapt himself to any kind of scenario, but is also able to display the effects of several combat-related skills, with the exception of those unique of other heroes or those that require proper cogitation, like Military Tactics.

Noble Phantasm

Photon Stream
    Spear of the War God

Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum number of targets: 900 people

Photon Stream. The sword of light possessed by Ares… would be his Noble Phantasm, but since it was taken by the Velber as the spoils of battle, he cannot wield it anymore. Instead, he wields a new weapon, a spear, that he forced Hephaestus to forge for the sole purpose of defeating the White Titan. The design is quite similar to the original despite being different types of weapon, but its firepower is considerably superior.

Through release of the spear’s True Name, Ares’ rage pumps massive amounts of adrenaline through his entire body and increases his own physical strength to a point that is critical even for a god. With an earth-shattering leap, he jumps to the limits of the planet’s atmosphere and releases from there his light of authority towards the enemy front. The fired beam is strong enough to shatter strongholds with a single strike, but it increases Ares’ mana consumption rate greatly, what summed to him being both a Divine Spirit and a Berserker, makes him practically impossible to be handled by any kind of summoning system.

God of War
    Military sash of the War God

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Fortress
    Range: 0
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

God of War. The banner of Ares from which the girdle of Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons, was designed. Despite its simplistic appearance, it possesses an enormous amount of magical energy that amplifies greatly the owner’s Divinity, Strength, Endurance, Agility, and Mana. However, the lack of Mystery in the modern world limits its effects. Whether it’s because he’s a Berserker or because it was bestowed to his daughter in a different form, Ares can’t make usage of this Noble Phantasm anymore.

Character
    First person pronoun | Second person pronoun | Third person pronoun: No pronouns

Personality

Belligerent and rowdy, a loathsome warrior that was hated even by his father Zeus due to his behavior. Ares is not one to think things much and will spring into action at the first chance, completely driven by his own instincts, the ultimate “all muscles but no brains”. Needless to say, this conduct has made him end up humiliated more than once. Honestly, being an irrational Berserker suits him like a glove. If you ask anyone who met him in the past, they’ll surely confirm that.

To further assert his qualification as a Berserker, Ares still hasn’t recovered from the humiliating defeat by the Velber and seeks revenge. Until the moment he makes her feel the shame that boils his blood even after millennia, his rage will never fade.

Treatment with the Master
    Surprisingly enough, even though Ares’ mentality is completely clouded by madness and wrath, he never acts aggressively towards his Master. He does get impatient when there are no fights and will probably attempt to raze everything until an enemy appears, but he would never hurt Master.

The reason for this is that he can’t help but see them as one of his children. If there is any redeeming quality for Ares, it’s his love towards his offspring. In two occasions in which he discovered that one of his sons had been killed, he attempted to rush to the battlefield and avenge them. Because of this, he acts as a protective father and won’t let his Master suffer any harm. Should they receive even a single scratch…

Dialogue examples

“▅▃▃▃▃▬▬▬▬▃▃▅▅▃▂———!!!”

Personal data
    Depiction

Son of Zeus and Hera, and one of the Twelve Olympian gods, Ares is the Greek god of war, known and worshiped by the Romans as Mars. Though unarguably top-class in terms of brute force, his sister Athena, representing intellect and holding Victory in her hand, was preferred by Greek soldiers as their patron. Not only that, but there are numerous anecdotes that end up with him being mocked and ridiculed. His romance with the goddess of love Aphrodite is the most well-known example of those anecdotes. After the sun god Helios discovered them having sex together, he told the forger Hephaestus, husband of Aphrodite, about it. Offended for being cheated on, Hephaestus snared the lovers with an invisible net he had crafted and invited the rest of the gods to watch the spectacle.

In the Iliad, Ares wanted to reward courage from both sides, but he eventually was persuaded by Aphrodite to side with the Trojans. When Athena saw him fighting along with the soldiers of Troy, she helped Diomedes attack him and made him retreat. When his son Ascalaphus was killed, he attempted to avenge him, but was eventually stopped by Athena, as Zeus had temporarily forbidden the intervention of gods in battle. Later, when that prohibition was canceled, he attempted to beat Athena as a revenge for his previous wound, but she overpowered him with a boulder.

14,000 years before the modern era, Ares became a valued powerhouse to defeat the White Titan that attempted to erase Earth’s civilization, but even he was beaten without being able to lay a single finger on her To add insult to injury, his treasured sword of light was taken from him by his enemy. For the embodiment of battle to suffer such a demeaning defeat, that was the greatest offense the proud Ares could suffer. He became the one to loathe the Velber the most from all the gods, and swore to destroy her as soon as he noticed her presence again.

Related characters

Altera
    ▅▅▃▂▂▂▃▃▅▅▬▅▅▅▃▃▃▃▬▬▅———!!!

Romulus
    That warrior spirit that flares even when fogged by madness is also Roma.

Heracles
    A lesson learned from a past encounter: he’s not an enemy that can be underestimated.

Amazons
    Lovely and strong daughters.

Ištar
    ????!!!

Lǚ Bů Fčngxiān
    *nods as a sign of approval*

Very far from my best work, I know.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; March 13th, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ares: Interesting, if simple, sheet. Not sure how well Bravery fits Ares though given he was described as running away from battle several times in the myths, but I can see you wanted a second Personal Skill since just giving him Embodiment Of War would be too one-note. Out of curiosity, how do you see him interacting with my Otrera?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, FYI, that faceclaim isn't showing up properly for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I knew I should have gone with Disengage instead of Bravery. About Otrera, I'm sure he'd feel very comfortable with her, since she's very similar to his non-mad self and he really likes the Amazons.

The FC appears in my computer, but not in my phone for some reason. I'll change it for a better one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I knew I should have gone with Disengage instead of Bravery. About Otrera, I'm sure he'd feel very comfortable with her, since she's very similar to his non-mad self and he really likes the Amazons.

The FC appears in my computer, but not in my phone for some reason. I'll change it for a better one
    For my part, I kind of imagine a meeting between Otrera and Ares as like Ban and Meliodas reuniting in Nanatsu No Taizai.

The two just immediately start throwing punches at each other and laughing like maniacs. Everyone around them freaks out, but it turns out that's just their foreplay.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, I said Ares would feel comfortable, and what would be the most comfortable situation for a god of war, if it's not a fight?

BTW, as much as I hate begging, do you have any comments on my re-made Inari?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    BTW, as much as I hate begging, do you have any comments on my re-made Inari?
    Either hate it and don't do it, or embrace it and just simply ask "Comment on my thing, I would like feedback".

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Well if criticism is alright with you, her NP is not very exciting.
    Maybe it's thematically fitting for her, but I think the effect can be a little bit spiced more to distinguish herself with other area healing NP?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I have to admit it's pretty bland, but I couldn't think of anything much better than that. I didn't want a temple NP, but I wanted a NP representing her role as a goddess of rice and of prosperity, hence its effects

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    mmm... giving suggestion for effect is not really my style of helping, but maybe, try to add something based of the 'transform into a bird' part or the rice itself has an effect.

---

Don't change it if you think its already perfect tho, I don't want to influence people
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 7th, 2019 at 07:04 PM.