Page 857 of 858 FirstFirst ... 357757807847852855856857858 LastLast
Results 17,121 to 17,140 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, if you want more ideas for Melehan I had a weird one of giving him Rhongonmyad as an NP. Since Arturia last lodged the spear in Mordred's body, and up and died right after, I don't think it's unbelievable Melehan could've found and taken it to use in his later rebellion. It'd be a bit of stretch, but Melehan is obscure enough that I feel you'd have to let him borrow some stuff from his more famous relatives to make good NPs, and Rhongonmyad is a more interesting and less obvious choice than just giving him discount Clarent. Obviously Melehan's would be a lot weaker since he doesn't know the spear's true nature and isn't its true proper wielder either.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'd say a curse that only activates once Melehan is killed, but sets the opponent's Luck stat to zero and makes every Luck check they perform an automatic failure would be a pretty fitting interpretation of that legend. That way it wouldn't be as OP as "you lose the Grail War no matter what" (which would pretty much insure a draw in any War he's summoned in) but would strongly encourage any opponent to leave Melehan for last. If you want to weaken it further you could also make it so the curse only takes effect if Melehan is killed in a dishonorable way, like by ambush or betrayal, recreating the conditions of his legend.

Also, out of curiosity are you planning on making Melehan a genderbend like Mordred or a real boy this time (possibly a rare male Saberface)?
    This Melehan servant comes from the Prototype continuity, so he is in fact a male Saberface, seeing as trying to justify the existence of Mordred's kids in the mainline continuity invokes a need for shenanigans of the Merlin variety. Also, it has some ties to my recent Create-a-Mage sheet, so yeah. Both of your ideas are interesting, so I'll give them some thought. Maybe Lancer Melehan with Rhongomyniad and the zero luck NP would be cool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valfodr View Post
    This Melehan servant comes from the Prototype continuity, so he is in fact a male Saberface, seeing as trying to justify the existence of Mordred's kids in the mainline continuity invokes a need for shenanigans of the Merlin variety. Also, it has some ties to my recent Create-a-Mage sheet, so yeah. Both of your ideas are interesting, so I'll give them some thought. Maybe Lancer Melehan with Rhongomyniad and the zero luck NP would be cool.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, after giving you those ideas I got struck by inspiration and started writing up my own Lancer Melehan. Maybe I'll PM the draft to you and we can combine our work somehow?

Thanks. Unfortunately, after giving you those ideas I got struck by inspiration and started writing up my own Lancer Melehan. Maybe I'll PM the draft to you and we can combine our work somehow?
    Who says we can't both make a Melehan, and who says they both have to be Lancer? After all, a Saber Melehan with Clarent or a Rider Melehan is just as possible.

Blog Entries
    I don't suppose either of you will be doing Mordred's other son?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    I don't suppose either of you will be doing Mordred's other son?
    You mean the one that doesn't have a name? Not any time soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hadnt knew that Mordred had childrenn ? i thought that after their fight at camlann Mordred survived i thought that Arthoria pierced Mordred with Rhongominyad and Mordred simultanously inflicted Athroria an mortal wound?

But okay im not really in Depth familiar with the Arthurian legend complex ,thats said aside the many versions of arthoria in that lovely mutivese here can somebody tell me which the best non Canon builds/sheets of the Round table Knights here are ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mordred dies at Camlann, his sons were born before that.

Blog Entries
    Who says we can't both make a Melehan, and who says they both have to be Lancer? After all, a Saber Melehan with Clarent or a Rider Melehan is just as possible.
    That sounds good. It'll be interesting to see our different takes on the guy...

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    seeing as trying to justify the existence of Mordred's kids in the mainline continuity invokes a need for shenanigans of the Merlin variety.
    Or they could just be adopted. Or Melehan could have been a nobody who simply just claimed he was Mordred's son to boost his own reputation.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    Or they could just be adopted. Or Melehan could have been a nobody who simply just claimed he was Mordred's son to boost his own reputation.
    For my own Melehan sheet I'm going with him being a failed backup clone of Mordred, who Morgana discarded for not living up to the original. So he's technically Mordred's little brother, but considers her a mother anyways.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; January 16th, 2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Clarified

For my own Melehan sheet I'm going with him being a failed backup clone of Mordred, who Morgana discarded for not living up to the original. So he's technically Mordred's little brother, but considers her a mother anyways.
    As I said earlier, mine comes from the Prototype continuity, so he actually is Mordred's kid.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I hadnt knew that Mordred had childrenn ? i thought that after their fight at camlann Mordred survived i thought that Arthoria pierced Mordred with Rhongominyad and Mordred simultanously inflicted Athroria an mortal wound?

But okay im not really in Depth familiar with the Arthurian legend complex ,thats said aside the many versions of arthoria in that lovely mutivese here can somebody tell me which the best non Canon builds/sheets of the Round table Knights here are ?
    Arthur also had numerous children as well - most of them not even with Guinevere. Loholt, Gwydre, Llacheu and Tom, just to name a few. Arthurian mythos was pretty weird even when not going into the whole 'Arthur loved drowning babies!' shit.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, this is only because people keep adding their own oc's into the mix.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    "Servant Lancer, the rightful heir to Mordred Pendragon has come forth at your call. Tch, what a pain... if you get in my way I really won't hesitate to kill you, 'Master'."

Servant Lancer
    :

Appearance:

Source
    A slender 14-year old boy. His appearance closely resembles his mother Mordred, albeit with slightly more masculine features. In battle Lancer dons an intimidating suit of black armor with a horned halfmask that covers only the upper portion of his face. Outside of combat he dresses casually in goth-punk clothes.

True Name
    : Melehan

Alignment
    : Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Classes
    : Saber, Rider, Berserker, Avenger

Strength- C+
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C
    Mana- C
    Luck- E
    NP- B++

History
    Lancer is Melehan, recorded as eldest of the twin sons of the traitor Mordred in Arthurian Mythology. After Mordred's death at the hands of King Arthur Melehan took up the cause in his stead. Gathering the surviving knights still dissatisfied with Arthur's rule, he waged his own rebellion against the king's chosen successor Constantine. Melehan failed, and his rebellion was crushed before amounting to anything. Just a son's futile attempt at following in his father's footsteps.

...At least, that's how the story is told. But there's a bit more to it than common tellings would suggest. In reality Mordred was a woman, so it was unlikely she'd find the time for siring heirs in the middle of her rebellion against Arthur. Furthermore, she was a homunculus crafted in the king's image by the sorceress Morgana, so it's unclear if her artificial womb could even bear children. In other words, Melehan isn't a proper son of Mordred at all.

The truth is that when Morgana designed Mordred as the perfect "Anti-Arthur" weapon she also made a few spare clones in case the original couldn't live up to its purpose. Most of these experiments were too weak and died before even being born, but two survived. Those were Melehan and his younger brother, whose name has been forgotten by history. As they were both created from Arthur's genetic material Melehan is technically Mordred's little brother rather than her son, but he still thinks of her as a mother.

Despite his early promise Melehan proved unable to properly replicate the draconic core of King Arthur, and hence was discarded as a failure. Furthermore, Mordred had already developed into the perfect candidate for killing Arthur, even exceeding Morgana's expectations, so the need for a replacement was unecessary. Born to fulfill a purpose that no longer existed, Melehan and his brother were cast adrift by the callous Morgana.

First, Melehan despaired at his lack of purpose. Then, despair turned into seething rage at those who stripped him of his purpose, his "mother" Mordred and Morgana herself. He wanted to make them pay for denying him what was rightfully his. But after some self-reflection Melehan realized Mordred too was only a pawn of the sorceress' ambitions and just as much a victim as he was. In the end he just wanted to meet Mordred and come to an understanding with her, to be accepted as her son.

But that wish was mercilessly snuffed out when Mordred died in the Battle of Camlann, slain by the spear of Arthur Pendragon. Melehan was crushed by this. Enraged at losing his mother before he could even properly meet her, he took up Mordred's battle-flag and launched a new rebellion. Melehan didn't care about kings or politics, he just wanted to make the world pay for robbing his mother from him. He even convinced his brother to join him, despite the latter being a kind and timid soul who normally disliked conflict.

For months Melehan raged. Across countless battlefields he and his men rampaged, not even caring for strategic goals but just trying to wreak as much devastation as possible. As if Melehan was trying to carve his white-hot despair and fury into the very land itself. He was just like a child, lashing out in a violent tantrum at the world that took everything from him.

Melehan continued to cut a swath of carnage across Britain nearly unopposed until King Constantine himself arrived to rebut him. Mustering a mighty army, Constantine routed Melehan in several fierce battles. Before long the usurper prince and his brother were driven into retreat.

Finally Constantine cornered both of them in a church. At last Melehan's grief-fueled anger evaporated and he was reduced to his true self; a pitiful child crying out for his mother to save him. The king looked at Melehan, seeing not a scared boy but the monster who had taken the lives of so many of his beloved countrymen. Hardening his heart Constantine raised his sword and killed both brothers, their blood soaking into the blessed ground.

Thus Melehan met his end. Cursing his killers, but more than anything cursing his own powerlessness.

'If I was just a bit stronger, a bit faster, a bit more worthy... then maybe Morgana would've chosen me, and Mama wouldn't have had to bear her hardship all alone.'
    Those thoughts echoed from the depths of Melehan's heart, entwining to form a solitary wish. If he had a chance to do things over, he would prove himself a worthy son to Mordred. Not a bitter failure but one who would make her proud.

That wish reached the Throne Of Heroes, engraving Melehan as a Heroic Spirit. Despite bearing a legend full of infamy and misdeeds, the single selfless prayer allowed Melehan to be summoned as a "hero".

After all, he wasn't a monster but simply a boy who wanted his mother.

Personality
    Sullen and brooding. Lancer gives off a deliberately gloomy impression and prefers to keep to himself, usually keeping his replies limited to terse one or two word responses to confirm or deny his Master's orders. When he does speak he usually acts very cold and sarcastic, directing withering putdowns at anyone who annoys him.

This apathy is mostly a defense mechanism however. In reality Lancer hides a massive amount of guilt and self-hatred from failing to avenge his mother Mordred. He's not even sure why he wanted to avenge his "mother" so badly as Lancer never knew her in life. Just as a discarded automaton with no other purpose he clung to that meaning as proof of his existence. Knowing even that attempt came to nothing has made Lancer bitter and nihilistic, wondering why he was even born if he couldn't accomplish anything.

Having never known his mother in life, Lancer is starved of familial affection. Although he won't admit it because it goes against his "cool loner" image, Lancer is hopelessly weak to those who shower him in genuine warmth and love. He'd never betray anyone who shows him kindness, even as he outwardly scorns the need of such things.

While he normally acts stoical and nearly emotionless, in battle the rage inherited from his mother Mordred bursts out, giving him a savage and bestial fighting style. Howling in rage he'll charge at his foes like a berserker, swinging his spear wildly in an attempt to hack them to pieces. Sometimes he'll even throw his spear away to punch and claw at enemies with his bare hands.

Lancer's fury is especially strong against knights, as he bears a grudge against them for killing his mother and brother. If he's fighting another knight Lancer will act far more sadistically, as he wants to not only kill them but thoroughly humiliate and debase them. He has nothing but hatred for those hypocrites who preach of honor and righteousness while ruthlessly murdering all they deem "evil". He wishes to show his knightly foes the despair of having lost everything and knowing that one's achievements amounted to nothing, the same thing he felt bleeding out alongside his brother in that godforsaken chapel.

Incidentally, Lancer has an odd love of fashion. Perhaps passed down from Mordred, he enjoys dressing up in cool and stylish modern clothes upon being summoned in the Grail War. He justifies it by saying walking around in his armor would attract too much attention in public, but you can tell the way Lancer's eyes light up whenever he sees a dressing room. But unlike his mother Lancer favors dark goth-punk outfits with the likes of ripped jeans, hoodies and chains. Hot Topic would practically be a personal heaven for him. Due to his darker personality and fashion sense, he can easily be mistaken for a "Mordred Alter", much to Lancer's chagrin.

Lancer has mixed feelings about his feminine features. On the one hand he treasures them as proof of his connection to his mother. On the other hand he's embarrassed by his girly looks and finds them unbecoming of a warrior. Mistaking him for a woman is a good way to get his spear pressed against your neck.

Attitude to his Master
    At first Lancer is cold and indifferent to his Master. He'll carry out their orders as a Servant but won't show any care for them personally. Lancer openly admits he'll kill his Master if they annoyed him too much or were no longer useful to him. However if his Master has a motherly or older sister-type personality Lancer might slowly start to warm up around them. Over time he'll show more sincere expressions, outside of battle acting less like an emotionless warrior and more a normal boy his age. He'd even timidly ask his Master to take him to places where kids usually have fun like amusement parks and icecream parlors.

In the case where Lancer does develop loyalty to his Master he'll become fiercely protective of them, devoting himself to insure their safety from all threats. This can reach the point of giving him a yandere-like personality, as Lancer would want to stay by his Master's side nearly 24/7 to keep them safe, even watching them while they sleep. He'd be fully willing to kill anyone he deems a threat to his Master's security and happiness. This stems from how Lancer never had a real familial relationship before, so he's desperate not to lose it once he does have it. However Lancer will be reluctantly willing to rein in this demeanour if his Master wishes.

On the other hand, as the circumstances of his life were controlled by Morgana's machinations Lancer utterly despises being manipulated or treated as a pawn. If he ever gets the feeling his Master is trying to trick or use him he won't hesitate to kill them on the spot, even if it means severing his anchor to the World. Truly a fickle Servant.

Wish on the Holy Grail

Lancer claims his reason for seeking the Grail is to rewrite history so his rebellion against Constantine succeeded, proving himself once and for all as Mordred's rightful successor.

But his real wish is far simpler. Simply for a chance to meet Mordred, not as a homunculus and a failed copy, but as mother and son. To be embraced by the mother he admired but never once touched in life would surely bring Lancer happiness from the bottom of his heart. If he could, he'd also want to revive his younger brother, so they could be a proper happy family together.

Relationships/Reactions:

Mordred: "M-Mama..." Having fantasized of this moment countless times, Lancer is somewhat at a loss for what to do upon actually meeting her. He'll become very shy and embarrassed, totally contrary to his normal cool demeanour. At first he'll try to hide from Mordred while biding his time to figure out how best to introduce himself. Mordred for her part, just wonders why this weird kid that kind of looks like her keeps following her around.

Arturia
    : "Ah, so you're the one who killed mother..." He knows he should hate her, but as both her and Mordred were victims of Morgana's scheming he can't help but sympathize. Not that he'll admit it.

Morgana: "Grandmother...?" Conflicted. Part of him is desperate to cling to any semblance of family he has, while the other detests the sorceress for manipulating him and his mother's lives. Ultimately, if the two met, Lancer would waver between vying for her approval and wanting to run her through on his spear.

Constantine: "Y-you rotten bastard...!!" Lancer will never forgive the king for killing him and his brother in such a disgraceful way. Upon meeting Constantine, Lancer will immediately fly into a rage and attack him, even if their Masters were allies in the Grail War.

Arturia (Lily): "Little bro...? Ah, sorry. You just look so much like him..." For some reason, that resemblance makes Lancer feel as if he's about to cry.

Jack The Ripper: "..." He doesn't say anything, but Lancer can sense that both their personalities were twisted by the pain of losing a mother. Although he's normally uncomfortable with physical affection, Lancer wouldn't mind offering his arms to wrap around the young girl if she needed it. Over time, he might even start treating her as a little sister.

Likes: his "mother", his little brother, acting cool and brooding, hugs (won't admit it)
    Dislikes: dishonor, being discarded, knights, the word "worthless"
    Talent: following in someone's footsteps
    Natural Enemy: Constantine, Arturia Pendragon, Morgana le Fay

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C

Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Having been born at the tail end of the Age of Gods and rarely encountered Magecraft in life, Lancer attains only a modest rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Combination- E+
    Lancer can summon his nameless younger brother, who fought alongside him in his ill-fated rebellion. Lacking even the shred of legend that Lancer possesses his brother is a mere shade, a ghostly knight with no Skills or Noble Phantasms of his own and physical prowess equivalent to a Servant with E-ranked stats.

Nevertheless the two share a close bond that allows them to fight together with unbelievable coordination, his brother covering up Lancer's blind-spots with his own swift strikes. If his brother is killed this Skill is sealed for the rest of the Grail War. Out of regrets for how his rebellion got his little brother killed, Lancer dislikes using this Skill.

Mana Burst- B
    As the "son" of the homunculus Mordred, Lancer wields her same affinity for channelling and expelling Mana. He can pour Mana through his body to reinforce it for sudden bursts of speed or strength, but favors expelling it in the form of crackling blasts of crimson lightning like his "mother".

This isn't an inherited affinity but Lancer consciously choosing to emulate Mordred's technique. While Lancer claims he only uses this form because it's most efficient for combat, in reality he does so as an attempt to honor the mother he never had a chance to say "I love you" to in life.

...He may act like a too-cool loner, but Lancer is really the kind of kid who wants to be like his mom because he wholeheartedly believes she's the coolest in the world.

Charisma- D

A composite Skill that consists of one's charm as well as the ability to command armies in battle. In Lancer's case, bonus modifiers are dealt while leading a rebellion.

After Mordred's death, Lancer waged his own rebellion to claim Britain and avenge his mother. However it was swiftly crushed and Lancer met an ignominious death, slain in a chapel while pleading for sanctuary. In the end, his attempt at proving himself a worthy successor to his mother left Lancer with only despair and regrets.

Blessing From The Ends Of The Earth- E
    A blessing given to one who held the holy lance Rhongomyniad, the "pillar of light that shines to the ends of the earth". However as Lancer is unaware of his spear's true nature as a world-pillar and isn't its proper owner besides, he only receives an extremely weak portion of its blessing. At this rank, it merely has the effect of slightly ranking up Lancer's Luck parameter while in combat.

Noble Phantasms
    Rhongomyniad Morgause
    Bloodied Lance That Severs The Land

Type
    : Anti-Army

The Holy Lance of King Arthur, used in her final battle against the usurper Mordred. In legend the spear disregarded Mordred's armor as if it was no more than tissue paper before piercing her chest.

As Lancer obviously isn't the spear's proper owner, he normally wouldn't possess it as a Noble Phantasm. However, when he found his mother and buried her after the battle Lancer came upon the lance still lodged in her breast. In a stroke of dark inspiration Lancer took the spear, making it the symbol of his future rebellion. It's an act of poetic justice on Lancer's part, wishing to slay his hated knights by the same spear that stole his mother's life.

That same spear is Lancer's primary Noble Phantasm. A large and overly ornate spear that he can only barely swing, it's only thanks to Lancer's enhanced conditioning as a homunculus that allows him to wield the weapon at all. The true nature of the lance is a "world-anchor" whose true purpose is to hold together the twin sides of the World, reality and illusion, and is regarded in the same light as the Holy Spear that pierced the side of the Messiah in the first century.

However as Lancer is totally ignorant of this, he's unable to call on the spear's true power. Instead, for the true name release, Lancer devises his own technique combining the spear's power with his own Mana Burst inherited from Mordred. Crying out this Noble Phantasm's true name, Lancer changes massive amounts of his Mana through it. A swirling cone of wind wraps the spear, lit up by flashes of red electricity that arc and crackle violently around it, giving the whole thing a savage and tempestuous appearance. Lancer then draws back his arm in a javelin thrower's stance and hurls the spear at his opponent with all his strength.

As the spear sails through the air it takes the form of a "bloodied javelin" of swirling lightning. By the time it reaches the opponent Lancer's unstable, churning magical power combined with the spear's own nature as a world-anchor ends up inadvertently ripping a hole into the Reverse Side of the World. This localized rift in reality is sewn shut almost as soon as it appears as the Counter Force acts to forcibly correct the anomaly in the World's tapestry.

Even so, the pressure difference between the magic-heavy air of the Reverse Side and that of the modern world creates a vacuum that sucks up all Mana in the path of the spear, essentially deleting it from existence when the rift closes. Put simply this creates an immense implosion of magical power around the spear that ruptures any defense in its way. An "ultimate attack" that can sunder any kind of defense, born from the culmination of Lancer's own abilities and the latent power slumbering within his spear.

As it serves to devour Mana, this attack leaves the landscape momentarily barren of magical energy after invocation. Thus, abilities that draw on Mana from the World to perform (rather than one's innate Od) like most forms of Magecraft will be unusable for a short time. After that the World will pull in more Mana from the surroundings to refill the void. A direct hit on a Servant can plunder the very Mana that comprises their body, leaving devastating wounds that can't be easily healed from.

The consequences of this technique evoke Mordred's own rebellion, which even after Arturia's victory ended up fracturing Britain irrepairably and leaving her successors to rule over a wartorn wasteland. Perhaps it's a final act of spite from Lancer to Mordred's killers, even if he never lived to see it in life. Lancer himself is oblivious to the true reality-bending nature of this attack, as he just calls it a "really big boom".

Lancer invokes this Noble Phantasm after the name of his "grandmother", the fey sorceress Morgause/Morgana.

However, using this technique heavily taxes Lancer's Mana. As he only has a degraded replica of Arturia's draconic core Lancer's body is unable to provide enough Mana for this attack so it ends up leeching on his natural od as well. This incurs a tremendous strain on Lancer's body and can end up killing him if used carelessly. After invoking this ultimate attack Lancer would be greatly exhausted and need a full day of rest to recover. Using it more than once in a row would certainly end his life.

Profana Regis Occidendum
    By God Is My Dishonor Avenged

Rank
    : A

Type
    : Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the curse that avenged Lancer after his death. According to legend King Constantine had cornered Lancer and his brother in a church. Lancer begged the king to spare if not his life, then his brother's, but Constantine ignored his pleas and mercilessly killed both of them. The boy's fresh blood soaked into the holy altar, profaning it and incurring the wrath of God. It was said this detestable act cursed Constantine, insuring his doom when he was later killed by his nephew Aurelius Conanus.

This Noble Phantasm only activates when Lancer is killed in a way deemed "dishonorable", like by ambush or betrayal. Then a heavenly curse befalls his killer, insuring their ruin in every action undertaken. Practically this amounts to reducing the killer's Luck stat to zero and making every Luck check they perform an automatic failure. This effect lasts for the rest of the Grail War and there's no clear way to expiate it, except perhaps by some powerful blessing/exorcism Noble Phantasms.

The best strategy for Lancer would be to brag about this Noble Phantasm's effect to all his opponents, deterring them from using any underhanded tactics against him. However as he finds the idea of hiding behind divine protection to be shameful, Lancer instead conceals this Noble Phantasm's existence from his enemies. He keeps it in reserve as a last spiteful curse to place upon his killer. It may be irrational, but for Lancer, vengeance is far preferable to deterrent.

As it's a curse from God, this Noble Phantasm's effects can be weakened if the killer has a Divinity Skill, and nullified altogether if it's ranked A or higher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's that Melehan sheet I'd been talking about. For such a sparse legend, I did my best to flesh him out and give an interesting characterization and backstory. May have overdone it a bit with the "magi-babble" of his first NP, but I'm pretty proud of the whole thing overall. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; January 17th, 2020 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Cleaned up formatting a bit

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The take on him as a spare homunculus reminds me of my Morgause. I wonder if he'd get along with her

Just a small reminder that Morgause (Gawain and co's mother) and Morgan (Mordred's mother) are completely different people.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not in Fate though, but yeah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    The take on him as a spare homunculus reminds me of my Morgause. I wonder if he'd get along with her
    He'd probably sympathize with her as another person used and discarded by Morgana. Also, just in case you didn't notice I recently added to Melehan's relationships and attitude to his Master section, so be sure to check that out if you haven't already. Might add a Bond Lines section too if the inspiration strikes me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Just a small reminder that Morgause (Gawain and co's mother) and Morgan (Mordred's mother) are completely different people.
    Feel like you're getting a bit mixed up. In most tellings where Morgan and Morgause are acknowledged as separate people, Morgause is the mother of Mordred, not Morgan. TM conflated them the moment they had Morgan as Mordred's mother, which makes sense since Morgause is a pretty obscure character and has nowhere near the name recognition of Morgan.

Incorect. In Le Morte which is where clearly most if not all Fate interpretations of Arthurian lore stem from, Morgause is only the mother of the Orkney Trio and Agravain. You're correct in that previously she was also Mordred's mother, but that clearly isn't the case by both Le Morte and Fate as a whole.