Page 18 of 782 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still, it's part of his legend and, after all, "All myths are true"...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Well, that's not exactly how it works. Otherwise we wouldn't have Arturia being female for instance.

In the end, as the creator you can decide whether to take something as part of the character or not. It bothers me that ancient Greek mythology would be mixed up with some 1st century material so I don't take the invulnerability part seriously but if you're the one making the servant, there's no reason you can't make up a reason to add it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Well, that's not exactly how it works. Otherwise we wouldn't have Arturia being female for instance.

In the end, as the creator you can decide whether to take something as part of the character or not. It bothers me that ancient Greek mythology would be mixed up with some 1st century material so I don't take the invulnerability part seriously but if you're the one making the servant, there's no reason you can't make up a reason to add it in.
    If you go that way, then Lancelot don't exist and Arthur has nothing to do with Grails.

That's why I said it depends on how you'd like to create the character.

Alrighty. Here's another Servant but from good ol' Arabia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scheherazade, Queen of Stories
    Servant: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Statistics

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Magic: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: E-A++

Skills and Abilities

Divine Beauty: D
    Eye of the Mind (False): D
    Eye for Art: B
    Rebellious Fate: A
    Territory Creation: E

Noble Phantasm

Arabian Nights One Thousand and One Stories
    Type: Support/Anti-Personnel/Battalion/Army

Stories are said to have a certain magic that transcends the fabric of time and space. Caster understood this truth and uses it to her advantage. With this Noble Phantasm, Scheherazade is able to call upon the 1001 tales and pull them into reality for a limited amount of time. From magical carpets capable of flight to Aladdin and his Magical Lamp and even to demons of Antiquity lore; Caster has dominion and control over them all. The only drawback would be that they are only materialized for a short amount of time and once the subject has been summoned, it cannot be summoned again. Because what is the use of telling the same story over and over again?

Scheherazade is the legendary Persian queen who put herself in harm's way to stop a mad king from killing off anymore of his wives. Every night, she'd begin to tell a story for the king. Stories ranging from somber romances, daring adventures, mystical tall tales, and fantastic epics; yet, she would never end them. She always ended the stories early with promises of another tale the next night. The king was enraptured with them and delayed her execution for 1001 nights until they eventually married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There we go! Questions or comments, even outraged objections?

Spoiler:

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol. I never considered her Servant material, but this is beautifully perfect.

-----

Now, Scheherazade: That is indeed an interesting character and the Noble
    Phantasm is well-executed.
    Minor nagging: Why does she need the Holy Grail if she has the Magical Lamp?

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Still, it's part of his legend and, after all,
    "All myths are true"...
    One last comment before this thread moves on:
    Many heroes may have a vast legend or myth about themselves
    but since they are summoned into the seven defined classes, some
    of their abilities and traits may be altered or even removed.

For example, Heracles could not use his cunning, swordsmanship and
    Nine Lives because he was summoned as Berserker and not Saber.

Hope this answer is satisfactory...
    ...and yeah, I also think that Achilles might be a bit too badass to create
    a balanced Servant (and there are so many other ones, such as Diomedes,
    Ajax, Odysseus, etc.).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Aladar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Persian Queen Chick!

Chapter 15: Prince VS Pauper

A whole world away from Fuyuki, in a city of mages, a new War threatens to break out. Seven new Masters are chosen and enter a life-changing battle, unknowingly becoming part of a War in which there are more players than the eyes can see...

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, the stories of 1001 nights were part of my childhood. I should scavenge for some Servant material in there.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    *reads ylas' servant sheet for Achilles*

Hey, guys, wanna guess what's new?

EX-rank NP!

Oh, and there's this too:

After his death Achilles was appointed to govern the Asphodel Meadows,
    where shadows of ordinary men and those who lived a life of equal good and evil dwell,
    before they once again enter the cycle of reincarnation.
    ... what?

Source.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    ... what?

Source.
    1.) My first book about Greek mythology (Gustav Schwab: Die schönsten Sagen des klassischen Altertums).
    2.) Wikipedia also refers to such a legend
    3.) Rule of cool/fun/the internet -> Unlimited Fan Wank

Sigh... I should also have included:

Pyrrha - Wholesome Crossdresser:

Achilles may disguise himself as woman and can only be
    identified using Clairvoyance or a cunning ruse to make
    him discard his disguise.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Oh, indeed Achilles remains a prominent figure in Hades but... nothing suggest he actually becomes (or even that he may become) the King of Underworld. Not even the wikipedia link you provided.

On the other hand, I found very strange that you missed this:

Achilles was worshipped as a sea-god in many of the Greek colonies on the Black Sea, the location of the mythical "White Island" which he was said to inhabit after his death, together with many other heroes.
    which I double checked with my Dictionary of Greek Mythology, and it's accurate.

... Avalon anyone? How can someone who has played FSN (or knows about it) missed that?

Ooooh...the potential.
    Must...resist................... (preemptively shuts down his internet and goes to sleep).

Ok asking for help here as I am out of ideas, Virgin Mary as a caster (yeah I know she actually never used magic and is actually forbidden on catholicism)

Servant: Caster

Alignment: Nuetral Good

Str: E-
    Agi: D
    End: D
    Mgi: A
    Luck: B

Holy Spirit Blessing: Due the blessing of the sacret holy spirit Virgin Mary effective has A++ rank magic resistance.

Annuntiation: Virgin mary was warned several times of acts to come on the future, effective given insight on anything that would put her in danger 24hrs before, she can also make prediction for another person person as she has appers in the course of history predicting the future of nations and humankind.

Purity of the soul(EX): Effective negating any curse or attack based on sins, evil or curses, not even the original sin was able to taint her.

Miracles(A): While not really magic she can use miracles to create different effects like teleport, melt iron, transmutation, etc. The only draw back is this can't be used to directly harm a person (but is possible to use them on self defense or to protect others).

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Hey some one make Alladin and his lamp but put a Disney spin on it. We need the monkey Abu and Robin Williams as Genie.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Aladar's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Jinn Servant would be kind broken if you ask me.

First wish: I want to win the War.

Chapter 15: Prince VS Pauper

A whole world away from Fuyuki, in a city of mages, a new War threatens to break out. Seven new Masters are chosen and enter a life-changing battle, unknowingly becoming part of a War in which there are more players than the eyes can see...

The Throne of Heroes (in a more realistic way, France)
    Great job for the Scheherazade one. The NP is perfect. For Virgin Mary, she clearly need a strong master for short range fights.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post

I dont think Jinns are that broken in the Nasuverse, tbh. They are just mid/low level elementals (or so it seems).

Jinn

The elemental spirits in the Islamic world. They fly in the air, are invisible, and are the cause of much mischief. If they want to show themselves to the eyes of man, their smoke and cloud-like gas body forms to manifest into a solid body, and preferably take on the body of an ogre with a dog-like face with a cat-like back and have been known to also take on the forms of beautiful men and women or the forms of snakes and other such beasts.

But....pretty much irrelevant to Kinoko World, with the one exception that True Assassin's one spell is meant to be used as protection against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladar View Post

Well, the way they classically worked is that they'd just be using their own skills, and having someone make a wish didn't somehow make them more effective.

Was thinking about making a Gandalf Caster or Aragorn Saber, but I need to brush up on my LotR-fu.

Also, inb4 Servant Tom Bombadil