Page 75 of 782 FirstFirst ... 25657073747576778085125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    LCK roll.
    If LCK roll fails, Abraham just shank'd his own Master.
    Wouldn't that kind of contradict his faith in God schtik (his whole thing was he believed in God unquestioningly, even when it came to sacrificing the kid God had promised him would be the ancestor of an entire nation, and God never failed to reward his faith)? Though the look on his face, his Master's face, and the faces of his opponents would be priceless!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Here is Arjuna. He is very powerful and as India's perhaps most recognized hero (together with Rama) I think he deserves it.

Class: Archer (Other potential classes: Rider)
    Heroic Spirit: Arjuna – The Perfect Warrior and Third of the Pandavas.
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 64 kg

STR: C
    AGI: A
    END: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: A+
    NP: EX

Class skills:

Independent Action: C
    Servant can remain in the world for up to one day without an established contract. In life, Arjuna often relied on others for help while also showing strong independent spirit, but ultimately his rank in this skill is simply the minimum for the Archer class.

Magic Resistance: B

Cancels all spells with a chant below three verses and can even defend against High-thaumaturgy and Greater rituals to an acceptable degree.

Personal Skills:

Divine Protection: A+
    Arjuna earned the favor of many gods or their avatars over the course of his adventures and they often protected him or offered their help to him. He was most notably very good friends with Krishna, the eighth and complete Avatar of Vishnu. This not only manifests as Arjuna’s high LCK, but also grants him the various Astras (mantras used to turn projectiles into Noble Phantasms, often an arrow) to use for Gandiva.

Divinity: B
    Arjuna is born from the union of Indra, the Vedic God of lightning and storms, and princess Kunti. This particular divine spirit aptitude grants Arjuna high special defensive power against other Heroic Spirits descended from a lightning God’s lineage of Divinity C and lower.

Prana Burst (Lightning): B
    The power to channel Prana throughout one’s body and weapon and then expel it to increase performance. In Arjuna’s case, Prana becomes raging lightning to dwell in the weapon or limb used. Arjuna’s lightning does not have as many applications as the normal Prana Burst but is extremely dangerous if used in conjunction with his weapons, as his electricity can be used to stun, electrocute and fry his opponents.

Eye of the Mind (False): B
    An innate talent to sense and avoid danger, complimented by amazing insight in battle. It is conceived from a sixth sense, as a natural talent that an individual is born with. Arjuna was known for his amazing ability to concentrate and analyze situation he had never been in before, which gained him fame as early as a student. It is very difficult to trick or play the environment against Arjuna at this high a rank.

Riding: A+
    All vehicles and all beasts including those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be freely operated. However, this still does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind. Arjuna was an extremely accomplished rider but often had his friend Krishna drive his chariot so he could concentrate on archery. Were he summoned as Rider, Arjuna would have access to the divine Rath - Saibya Sugriva Meghapuspa Balahaka Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm:

Gandiva – Brahman’s Legacy
    Type: Variable
    Range: Variable
    Maximum Targets: Variable

Though it was in the possession of the gods for several thousand years before Arjuna got his hands on it and is thus one of the oldest Noble Phantasms in existence, its power lies not within itself, but rather how it can endure utilizing the many Astras given to Arjuna by various deities throughout his lifetime. For example, here are some Astras that Arjuna utilizes together with the bow: Vajrastra (B+), Aindrastra (B), Vayuastra (B), Antardhanastra (A), Suryastra (D), Varunastra (B), Mohiniastra (C), Brahmastra (A) and Agniyastra (B) to name just a few. In addition, the two quivers of this Noble Phantasm are inexhaustible. When firing the weapon normally, without invoking any Noble Phantasms, Arjuna tends to utilize it together with his Prana Burst (Lightning) skill which is what made the bow known for sounding like it shot thunder.

Brahmastra Gandiva – Oh Brahma, Curse Me.
    Type: Anti-Country
    Range: 5-99
    Maximum Targets: 1000

The most notable of all the Astras in Arjuna’s possession. By channeling the power of the god Brahma and applying his own lightning affinity through the Gandiva, an arrow bestowed with incredible power is stringed and then fired. It is impossible to escape as it will continuously track and hunt down its target, thus the only way to survive it is by using a Barrier or successfully performing an extraordinarily hard END check. The power of Brahmastra has often been compared to nuclear weapons because of its incredibly wide area of effect and its ability to completely turn the environment it has been fired in into a barren landscape unfit to hold life.

Brahmashira – Oh Brahma, Return All Unto Creation
    Type: Anti-World
    Range: 5-99
    Maximum Targets: 1000

The most powerful of Brahma’s Astras, wielded by Arjuna only with the utmost care and in the most desperate of situations. Its power was said to be so great that if two of the Astras ever met, the result of their clash would destroy the entire world. After an arrow bestowed with the power of Brahmashira is fired it twists into an otherworldly spinning double helix that rips space as it travels. The projectile is under full control by Arjuna and he can redirect it onto another target or even cancel it entirely. After the projectile hits its target, it explodes in a dimension ripping cascade of enormous proportions, completely annihilating anything in range. The space ripping effect is actually the result of creation, not destruction, as the Brahmashira swells and becomes a fake space in which life’s existence is impossible. The fake space is naturally quickly quelled by Gaia shortly after. Its damage is calculated by 10xAGI with MGI randomly added in, with the maximum output being 2500.

Analysis:

PROS:
    Ludicrous amount of Noble Phantasms.
    He holds an EX-Ranked Noble Phantasm.
    He is very good even without his Noble Phantasms due to a combination of amazing skills and good stats.
    CONS:
    Low ranked Independent Action, considering his class.
    Does not like using Brahmashira.
    Umm... Gilgamesh is better?

Design notes:
    He is “Gilgamesh lite”, having nerfed versions of Gilgamesh’s signature Noble Phantasms. In fact, I designed Brahmashira around the concept of it being the “knockoff” of Gilgamesh’s Ea, the Prototype (does this contradict canon? No Idea). There are many parallels between Arjuna and Karna in terms of design, they are brothers AND have the same weapon, so it was kind of inevitable. In terms of my personal preference he is a bit of an anomaly, as I normally do not design such immense powerhouses.

Any comments and criticism is welcome.
    Last edited by Petrikow; April 23rd, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Overall, it's good. I'd say it needs a little fixing on the NPs part. Use Karna's sheet as guideline.

the “knockoff” of Gilgamesh’s Ea, the prototype (does this contradict canon? No Idea)
    More like, we have no idea of where the Sword of Rupture comes from. It could be the prototype or not (I would say it's best to have Brahmashira as a unrelated weapon).

Blog Entries
    As far as I know, Ea is supposed to be the only thing in the vault that never derived into anything else.

Wait until Complete Material 6: Still not an expanded Kara no Kyoukai dictionary but here's some stuff on Hollow Ataraxia.

Speaking of which, was there anything else in that Twitter-ish conversation worth mentioning? I don't even care if it's Shiki's favorite color (probably whatever is the closest thing Nasu could think of to the color of nothing) I just need more man.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    More like, we have no idea of where the Sword of Rupture comes from
    Eh, there's that old story about Ea and the what's-his-face stone giant that Ea separated and somehow fashioned into the plain of existence. Or something.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I think Sanada Yukimura would probably work really well as a Saber-class servant, but I'm way too lazy to actually make a whole profile for him.

Thought making his inital win at the Siege of Osaka Castle something like a passive Noble Phantasm, and the Sanada Ten Braves as another NP could work.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yukimura cannot be anything but Lancer.

"UOOOOOH! Oyakata-samaaa!"

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    Honda Tadakatsu is besto Lancer.

Ironically, he shouldn't die at all, seeing his feat of going over all his battles in real life unwounded and keeping MOTHERFCKING loyalty to his lord. That guy deserves respect.
    *Also, add Nobunaga Oda to the King's Feast. Much epic is to be had*

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about Aleister Crowley as a Caster whose legend was born out of people's misconceptions and his own hidden prowess at Magecraft?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Overall, it's good. I'd say it needs a little fixing on the NPs part. Use Karna's sheet as guideline.
    I am not sure I understand, could you be a little more specific?

Sorry for the late reply, I was out eating.

Blog Entries
    We've debated him a number of times: does he meet the ~1900s cutoff point; in a universe where magical power is based on mystery, what would he be doing when trying to reveal it to people? And so forth.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Eh, there's that old story about Ea and the what's-his-face stone giant that Ea separated and somehow fashioned into the plain of existence. Or something.
    I know about Ea/Enki the god, I mean, why does Gilgamesh have a sword named Ea?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I am not sure I understand, could you be a little more specific?
    ... nah, I rechecked your sheet, and I think I know what you wanted to do. Nevermind, he works (well, he looks a bit stronger than Gilgamesh, which is meh, but hey, I'm in kind of a good mood, plus he's Arjuna after all, so yeah.)

In addition, the two quivers of this Noble Phantasm are inexhaustible.
    Make it so that the Astras' conjuration into battle is determined by Arjuna's prana (instead of going for Unlimited Arrow Works ;D)
    Last edited by Sherrinford; March 29th, 2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: grammar.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Make it so that the Astras' conjuration into battle is determined by Arjuna's prana (instead of going for Unlimited Arrow Works ;D)
    Ah. There was much stress placed on the fact that Gandiva came with two inexhaustible quivers so that is why I added that particular line. I explained it a little poorly perhaps... I actually did intend for the Astras to consume Prana, as in, they are drawn from the quiver, but need Prana to actually invoke their particular effect, otherwise they will just be fired as any ordinary arrow. In fact, the Astras are more akin to spells than actual arrows...

But I think Gilgamesh will beat Arjuna as long as the King of Carelessness mode is not on. Enkidu is kind of an awesome auto-win against divinty.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    There was much stress placed on the fact that Gandiva came with two inexhaustible quivers
    Ah, ok. Anyway, keep in mind that Servants lose some details about their stories (for example, Karna didn't have just Brahamastra and Vasavi Shakti, but that's what he's summoning with). As a general rule, keep the number of details to what you need, don't go for massive info-dumping about the servant at hand.

In this case, it's redundant. Since the arrow are made up of how much prana Arjuna has, it's useless to point out they are inexhaustible.

But I think Gilgamesh will beat Arjuna as long as the King of Carelessness mode is not on. Enkidu is kind of an awesome auto-win against divinty.
    I always forgot about Enkidu. Plus, considering how much Gilgamesh dislikes gods, there's a chance he will enter the battleflied already in Kill Mode when against Mr. I-Have-Friends-In-Very-High-Places.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ah, ok. Anyway, keep in mind that Servants lose some details about their stories (for example, Karna didn't have just Brahamastra and Vasavi Shakti, but that's what he's summoning with). As a general rule, keep the number of details to what you need, don't go for massive info-dumping about the servant at hand.

In this case, it's redundant. Since the arrow are made up of how much prana Arjuna has, it's useless to point out they are inexhaustible.

I always forgot about Enkidu. Plus, considering how much Gilgamesh dislikes gods, there's a chance he will enter the battleflied already in Kill Mode when against Mr. I-Have-Friends-In-Very-High-Places.
    Karna probably has that number of NP's because of his strange class assignment (Lancer). I assume that he would possess Nagastra, Vijaya and Bhargavastra as Archer, three Noble Phantasms much more linked to his actual legend (Probably at the expense of Vasavi Shakti and Brahmastra). But by god did they give out divine weapons like candy in Mahabharata and Ramanaya... Well whatever.

I don't think the quivers are "useless", but I guess their signifigance were not that high in the original epic either, perhaps only there to highlight how awesome Gandiva was. I mean, they would allow Arjuna to fight even when low on Prana, by just using regular arrows, which is a plus side. But I think your argument is very reasonable, so I am considering removing that line quite a lot...

Personally, I had a small gripe with the fact that I gave him 5 Personal Skills, so I was considering removing Eye of the Mind or Riding... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    What about Aleister Crowley as a Caster whose legend was born out of people's misconceptions and his own hidden prowess at Magecraft?
    I once thought of that, but I couldn;t come up with anything that didn't make him seem like a cheap knock-off of Gille de Rais/Zero Caster. I don't doubt someone else could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    So I think Sanada Yukimura would probably work really well as a Saber-class servant, but I'm way too lazy to actually make a whole profile for him.

Thought making his inital win at the Siege of Osaka Castle something like a passive Noble Phantasm, and the Sanada Ten Braves as another NP could work.
    I keep thinking of Samurai Deeper Kyo's version of Yukimura (first time I ever saw him in an anime/manga), but a profile of him would be pretty interesting except I don't see how the Sanada 10 could work without ripping off Rider-Iskander...

Karna probably has that number of NP's because of his strange class assignment (Lancer). I assume that he would possess Nagastra, Vijaya and Bhargavastra as Archer, three Noble Phantasms much more linked to his actual legend (Probably at the expense of Vasavi Shakti and Brahmastra). But by god did they give out divine weapons like candy in Mahabharata and Ramanaya... Well whatever.

I don't think the quivers are "useless", but I guess their signifigance were not that high in the original epic either, perhaps only there to highlight how awesome Gandiva was. I mean, they would allow Arjuna to fight even when low on Prana, by just using regular arrows, which is a plus side. But I think your argument is very reasonable, so I am considering removing that line quite a lot...

Personally, I had a small gripe with the fact that I gave him 5 Personal Skills, so I was considering removing Eye of the Mind or Riding... Hmm...
    Arjuna was awesome! I wouldn't worry too much about him being too strong. The Mahabarata guys were just insane, even by mythological hero standards, so it's no surprise that they would be pretty broken. Someone just shy of Gil's level isn't too bad, and if anyone could force him to bust out Enkidu and Ea right off the bat it'd be someone like Arjuna.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nah, I think it's fine. It's Arjuna, after all (but only because it's Arjuna).

Blog Entries
    I know about Ea/Enki the god, I mean, why does Gilgamesh have a sword named Ea?
    Gilgamesh said the first time that he used it that it has no name, he just calls it Ea.

^Cu Chulainn has like five, you're fine bro.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yeah, but then A) How can a nameless Noble Phantasm even be summonable/usable? Technically it shouldn't be recorded in the Throne of Heroes and - minor thing - B) Why calling it "Ea"? It's not like Gil and Enki were best buddies like with Enkidu.

I'm not saying that Ea utterly comes out of nowhere (like Invisible Air, hello you), but that it's a bit flimsy... *shrug*