Page 129 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2979119124127128129130131134139 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 2847

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Alyinghood View Post
    You might just want to try starting over with a pre-patched portable version.

My post here can help you with that, in this case "Option B" or "Option C":
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467
    do you know what actually causes such an error? I don't want to blindly retry without being at least somewhat aware of why the issue happened in the first place or I'll be resigned to trying various different methods without knowing what is causing an issue in the first place.

I suppose I don't really understand the root role of the installer, as well as why it would be so essential to installation that i should try manually applying the patches.

I also know that this is the right version of the game, since it's the torrent version (a friend torrented it and then sent me the file), and the file sizes match up.

here are the insides of each of the three folders

here are all three folders

is there anything that's actually missing? each of the extensions and data.xp3 files have been replaced by the cracked versions as indicated in the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by thenewwwguy View Post
    do you know what actually causes such an error? I don't want to blindly retry without being at least somewhat aware of why the issue happened in the first place or I'll be resigned to trying various different methods without knowing what is causing an issue in the first place.

I suppose I don't really understand the root role of the installer, as well as why it would be so essential to installation that i should try manually applying the patches.

I also know that this is the right version of the game, since it's the torrent version (a friend torrented it and then sent me the file), and the file sizes match up.

here are the insides of each of the three folders

here are all three folders

is there anything that's actually missing? each of the extensions and data.xp3 files have been replaced by the cracked versions as indicated in the instructions.
    The error is caused by incorrect configuration.

The information in this post should not be affected by such configuration.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; July 10th, 2021 at 03:10 PM.

The error is caused by incorrect configuration.

The information in this post should not be affected by such configuration.
    how do I know where to put the patches? What about the configuration was incorrect, so that I don't make the same mistake again?

how do I know where to put the patches? What about the configuration was incorrect, so that I don't make the same mistake again?
    You do not need to place the patches anywhere in the prepatched as the files are already patched in the correct location.

You do not need to place the patches anywhere in the prepatched as the files are already patched in the correct location.
    When you mean the prepatched you mean the prepatched download file? Why would I still install the patches manually per the instructions then? Assuming I do install the patches, I just move the save data file into my docs with no other action?

Thanks for your patience and explanation, it's very helpful. Do the instructions you link also install the necessary mod which merges the routes, or is that only possible via the installer? Why do you recommend not using the installer vs. the manual instructions?

When you mean the prepatched you mean the prepatched download file? Why would I still install the patches manually per the instructions then? Assuming I do install the patches, I just move the save data file into my docs with no other action?

Thanks for your patience and explanation, it's very helpful. Do the instructions you link also install the necessary mod which merges the routes, or is that only possible via the installer? Why do you recommend not using the installer vs. the manual instructions?
    Yes, just move the save data. The mod that merges the routes is included.

I recommend using the prepatched version because installer may not work in some circumstances and is hard to debug when it doesn't work.

Is there a technical reason for these 18 files in patch_hd to be in format PNG instead of WebP:
    Code:
    patch_hd\30_tiger_00a.png
    patch_hd\30_tiger_01a.png
    patch_hd\30_tiger_02a.png
    patch_hd\30_tiger_03a.png
    patch_hd\30_tiger_04a.png
    patch_hd\c31.png
    patch_hd\control_title.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_auto.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_fast.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_next.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_voice.png
    patch_hd\ss_abilties_mask_1.png
    patch_hd\ss_abilties_mask_2.png
    patch_hd\ss_button_mask.png
    I especially don't know what to think of these 5 of the bunch, since they don't even have a lower resolution version in other XP3s:
    Code:
    patch_hd\control_title.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_auto.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_fast.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_next.png
    patch_hd\m_topbtn_voice.png
    ---

Image c31 has both a WebP and a PNG version in patch_hd:
    Code:
            bgimage\c31.png                    800 x 2400        Tousaka's right hand is drawn wrong (too many fingers).
            patch_hd\c31.png                1280 x 3840        Tousaka's right hand fixed. Sourced from lossless.
            patch_hd\c31.webp                682 x 2046        Tousaka's right hand fixed. Lossy.
    I guess it could be made more consistent with this:
    1. remove present lossy low res "patch_hd\c31.webp"
    2. use the present "patch_hd\c31.png" to create a lossless WEBP to be placed in the "patch_hd" folder
    3. use the present "patch_hd\c31.png" to create a 800x600 PNG to be placed in the "patch" folder so it overrides the one in bgimage
    4. review neccessity of special handling:
    Code:
                        else if (this.imageStorage == "c31")
                        {
                            // 2 HD versions: png and webp - the png has a higher resolution.
                            this.isbg = true;
                            this.originalImageWidth = this.originalImageWidth / (this.window.isHd? upscaledFactor : 1);
                            this.originalImageHeight = this.originalImageHeight / (this.window.isHd? upscaledFactor : 1);
                        }
    Edit: Another weird thing is that the original 2004 version of image c31 had the fingers correct, the 2012 version broke it, and the HD version used the 2004 image again, converted to webp and at lower resolution. :-/
    ---

One more thing. I'm using KrkrExtract v1.0.3.1 with text decryption enabled on to extract things and the resulting files config.tjs.txt and startup.tjs.txt are both 7.68 MiB with 99.9% the same content. Why do both files have the same content? Is that normal? There's also the need to manually replace escape characters to make the code readable. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 11th, 2021 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Waxwing View Post
    One more thing. I'm using KrkrExtract v1.0.3.1 with text decryption enabled on to extract things and the resulting files config.tjs.txt and startup.tjs.txt are both 7.68 MiB with 99.9% the same content. Why do both files have the same content? Is that normal? There's also the need to manually replace escape characters to make the code readable. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
    The files are there for compatibility purposes, and they are combined to improve performance and reduce open/seek calls, and to reduce the possibility of mixed patches causing issues.
    You do not need to manually replace escape characters, just evaluate using Scripts.eval and then iterate through the structure.
    Last edited by Alyinghood; July 10th, 2021 at 09:28 PM.

Yes, just move the save data. The mod that merges the routes is included.

I recommend using the prepatched version because installer may not work in some circumstances and is hard to debug when it doesn't work.

I manually installed all 7 patches into the save data file as you recommended, and I am still receiving these errors. I have done the following steps, deleting the previous try and completely reinstalling every file every time:

Like instructed, the save data file is in documents, while the game files themselves are in a separate folder on desktop outside of documents.

1. Using the Installer (obviously, this did not work)
    2. Renaming the Cracks so they replace the "official" application
    3. keeping the cracks separate
    4. downloading the 100% save file and trying to load using that

I am at a loss as to why it isn't working, and I don't know what keeps breaking that causes this to not work, seeing as it has happened either way and I don't know what I'm configuring incorrectly.

as you can see, I've installed all 7 files in the save data, as indicated
    Last edited by thenewwwguy; July 11th, 2021 at 01:23 AM.

I manually installed all 7 patches into the save data file as you recommended, and I am still receiving these errors. I have done the following steps, deleting the previous try and completely reinstalling every file every time:

Like instructed, the save data file is in documents, while the game files themselves are in a separate folder on desktop outside of documents.

1. Using the Installer (obviously, this did not work)
    2. Renaming the Cracks so they replace the "official" application
    3. keeping the cracks separate
    4. downloading the 100% save file and trying to load using that

I am at a loss as to why it isn't working, and I don't know what keeps breaking that causes this to not work, seeing as it has happened either way and I don't know what I'm configuring incorrectly.
    Do not use any crack
    Do not place the patches in the savedata directory
    Do not move any files

Simply download the prepatched files and run Fate.exe

Do not use any crack
    Do not place the patches in the savedata directory
    Do not move any files

Simply download the prepatched files and run Fate.exe
    if i do that, it asks me for an activation code...

if i do that, it asks me for an activation code...
    Use the specified files in this post: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467

Do not try to use other files
    Do not use any previous files

Use the specified files in this post: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...67#post3115467

Do not try to use other files
    Do not use any previous files
    the google drive file there only has the fate path and no UBW or Heaven's Feel. I've also tried with it and it doesn't work anyway

Telling me what specifically I've configured wrong, or what that error message means would be very helpful.

the google drive file there only has the fate path and no UBW or Heaven's Feel. I've also tried with it and it doesn't work anyway

Telling me what specifically I've configured wrong, or what that error message means would be very helpful.
    Yes, it is supposed to be only Fate.exe since it is merged. The prepatched version will have all 3 routes.
    Do not try to patch it any further.

What is the error message you get when you run the prepatched version Fate.exe.

Ok, I think I got it to work using the premerged version you recommended but I want to make sure everything is applied correctly.

I downloaded patches but did not touch their location and left them in download file

I downloaded the premerged version and ran it

This is the load screen I got. I understand that the correctly patched version has different backgrounds based on progress in the game. Is this the correct load screen for a game with no progress at all?

This is the config menu on the start screen. My understanding is that a correctly patched version has more options. Why are they not present here?

Blog Entries
    In the older version some options were in the config menu - those have moved to the "Patch" menu on the top bar of the window.
    Your configuration looks great. This screen is the first screen.
    If you didn't do so already, I recommend downloading the patches from my signature for the latest version.

The files are there for compatibility purposes, and they are combined to improve performance and reduce open/seek calls.
    Speaking performance - a few days ago I had this oopsie of running RNU with all xp3 updated to Quibi's Mega folder except for patch.xp3 which came from the 0.9 version in the first post. Interestingly, ingame menus reacted significantly faster there. Especially the Config>BGM menu, which presently takes 7 seconds to a appear after clicking the button, with the outdated patch.xp3 popped up in under a second. Somewhere along the way from 0.9 to 1.0, some speed seems to have been lost.
    Last edited by Bohemian Waxwing; July 11th, 2021 at 06:30 AM.

Speaking performance - a few days ago I had this oopsie of running RNU with all xp3 updated to Quibi's Mega folder except for patch.xp3 which came from the 0.9 version in the first post. Interestingly, ingame menus reacted significantly faster there. Especially the Config>BGM menu, which presently takes 7 seconds to a appear after clicking the button, with the outdated patch.xp3 popped up in under a second. Somewhere along the way from 0.9 to 1.0, some speed seems to have been lost.
    Due to implementation of more accurate scaled image/Layer class functions (required for WoH to render properly), there is a performance penalty.

The sound menu is especially bad because it creates a large amount of Layer objects.

Due to implementation of more accurate scaled image/Layer class functions (required for WoH to render properly), there is a performance penalty.

The sound menu is especially bad because it creates a large amount of Layer objects.
    Seems a reasonable tradeoff, then. What is "WoH", though?

Seems a reasonable tradeoff, then. What is "WoH", though?
    https://hollow-moon.github.io/wohn-tl/