Page 82 of 440 FirstFirst ... 32727780818283848792132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 8791

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes, that 1* Berserker who talks big then gets smacked around by pretty much every other martial artist Servant. I do take both edgy and shitposty Servants every now and then, but I'll leave this one to the others.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Yeah, he sounds like very weak Phantom servant material. His end is also pretty damn pitiful: one of his best students and friend died during a fight with another dojo. This completely wrecked his reputation to the point he was literaly resorted selling peanuts. He outright said in an interview afterwards he wanted people to forget him.

Also, apropo of nothing, I wonder if the cultural personification of a celestial object could possibly count as a Foreigner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Also, apropo of nothing, I wonder if the cultural personification of a celestial object could possibly count as a Foreigner.
    So... Foreigner Amaterasu? I'm... actually working on that one.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    So... Foreigner Amaterasu? I'm... actually working on that one.
    Not quite. I was actually thinking of making Lucifer, owing to the original meaning of he name being a Roman representation of Venus and that he technically has a human part in the King of Babylon who is the subject of the biblical passage whose misinterpretation led to the name being associated with the Devil.

Blog Entries
    Meep, can't help with that. Why not pass it off as a "they were more right than they knew" kinda thing?

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:59 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    So a bit of a meta question, what are your guys thoughts on non-living heroic spirits, I'm not talking non-humanoid here, but things that weren't even alive to start with, but through either an association with humanity or exposure to humans "gained an existence which could be described as alive" basically similar to Tsukumogami, or objects like which gained a reputation of being cursed. I'm just asking to gauge public opinion as one idea I'm mulling over is an actual object summoned as a heroic spirit, merely due to it's role in history and the fact that it was used by humans.
    Voyager is sorta universally liked, as far as I see.

Yeah, and we've seen some cool profiles of ships turned into servants.

I don't really understand the question when the quote you posted already explicitly states Asi was a living being before turning into a sword.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So a bit of a meta question, what are your guys thoughts on non-living heroic spirits, I'm not talking non-humanoid here, but things that weren't even alive to start with, but through either an association with humanity or exposure to humans "gained an existence which could be described as alive" basically similar to Tsukumogami, or objects like which gained a reputation of being cursed. I'm just asking to gauge public opinion as one idea I'm mulling over is an actual object summoned as a heroic spirit, merely due to it's role in history and the fact that it was used by humans.

Hmm i would its totally okay to do that as i self made a servant of the Titanic and a Tree of significance so aslong as it stand for something oor has enough reputation ,no problem .

About the Beaast class i dont know why but look at Heraklitos of Ephesos .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Before I forget, thanks again to Wyvern for the feedback on the mystic tree idea of mine. I appreciate your help.
    It was my pleasure to help. I'm always willing to help those who want to explore my own lore. I hope your idea turns out okay.

Blog Entries
    this guy as Pretender al-Masih ad-Dajjal
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saf_ibn_Sayyad

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Rama works much better as grand archer than grand saber considering THAT HE KILLED RAVANA WITH A BOW AND ARROW.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey wyvern. What would you consider the divine/sacred tree of abrahamic and hindu/Buddhist mythology?

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:59 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Taigong literally cannot be a taoist as he claims, Taoism was started by Lao Zi, hundreds of years after Taigong and Daji lived, making his existence quite possibly a case of similar to the Paladins of Charlemagne, someone historical distorted by later novelizations or tales about them.
    Eh, it's no real different to Palamedes fighting as a Knight of the Round Table (of which we know to have been "real" and not fabrication despite all its anachronisms) before Islam was founded, among other things. The obvious explanation to smooth out discrepancies is usually "Nasuverse history does not align 1:1 with our own".
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    stop me if you've heard this one before was a beautiful concubine of an emperor who was depraved and immoral [...]

Given the parallels between this, Daji, and Bao Si, I'm personally thinking of her as a servant having some sort of curse skill, similar to Chacha, which causes or bring about the ruin of dynasties and monarchs [...] The parallels even beyond the basics are surprisingly numerous.
    A woman so hot it causes societal collapse because the Emperor can't keep his eyes on the country is a super common archetype in Chinese historical literature. I don't the Chinese name for the trope, but in Japan it's called 傾国の美女 (keikoku no bijo; ruinous beauty). It's named after a poem about Daji, but people associate the term with Diao Chan, Empress Whenzhao/Lady Zhen, and Yang Guifei almost just as much. On the second tier of popularity we have Mo Xi, Li Ji, Xia Ji, and Chen Yuanyuan. And there's obviously Cleopatra and Helen who are the first ones generally brought up as non-Chinese examples.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Mo xi was the earliest example though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Eh, it's no real different to Palamedes fighting as a Knight of the Round Table (of which we know to have been "real" and not fabrication despite all its anachronisms) before Islam was founded, among other things. The obvious explanation to smooth out discrepancies is usually "Nasuverse history does not align 1:1 with our own".
    Or even just the whole concept of knighthood existing in Artoria's Britain centuries before Charlemagne.

Edit: Tough speaking of ruinous beauties, you could probably have one of Tamamo's screwed-over kings possess a skill like 'Affection of the Golden Fox' or something with a boost to 'evil actions'.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; January 5th, 2022 at 06:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Or even just the whole concept of knighthood existing in Artoria's Britain centuries before Charlemagne.

Edit: Tough speaking of ruinous beauties, you could probably have one of Tamamo's screwed-over kings possess a skill like 'Affection of the Golden Fox' or something with a boost to 'evil actions'.
    Servant Go-Toba when?