Page 97 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4787929596979899102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 7322

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, with a slight frowny face
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Berserkers of the Rose

[img]https://imgur.com/a/thBuWsH[/img]
    Class: Berserker (Caster)
    Source: European (French/German) Fairy tales
    Origin: France
    Height: 5’4” and 6’4”(9’11)
    Weight: 105 lbs and 286 lbs (685 lbs)
    Alignment: Chaotic- Neutral

Info

Talents: Sorcerer, knowledge of governance
    Natural enemy: foresters (archetypal huntsman)
    attribute: Earth
    Traits: Male, Female, Servant, Humaniod, weak to Enuma Elish,
    Armament: Book
    Catalyst: A dying rose with a single petal (not plucked)

Parameters and Deck
    STR: B-
    END: B-
    AGI: C
    MAG: B
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Quick - Arts - Arts - Buster - Buster

Skills

Class skills:
    Mad Enhancement (C): the signature skill of the Berserker class. This skill gives a rank up to all parameters at the expense of expense of the servants sanity. This skill only applies to one half of this duo servant. While the rank of this skill does not take away speech, the servant is only able to be reasoned with by its other half and the rage the skill intensifies can be directed.

Beast Form (B): a skill given only to a select few servants known for their legend of transforming or becoming animal like. At this rank of the skill the servant is able to transform their body into the beast or monstrous form from their legend. While in this form reasoning with the servant is almost impossible.

Territory Creation (C):
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. At this rank creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible. While an actual procreated structure is needed for Berserker’s skill to activate, they are able to transform a structure into the castle from their legend by placing a rose in the highest room in the structure. This skill is only accessible by one half of the duo.

Personal skills:
    Combination (B): A Skill that serves as the embodiment of the servants’ close intimate connection to one another through their combat power. While only one half of the duo is known for fighting, this skill allows the duo to communicate through a mental link that penetrates through their Mad Enhancement Skill.

Innocent Monster (D): An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this Personal Skill cannot be removed. Due to multiple accounts of their legend, Berserker’s name is initially dragged through the mud due to their monstrous appearance and the circumstances of his beloved’s capture. However, as the legend continues, Berserker is shown to be a mostly kind captor and learns to love.

Enchanted Rule (A+): a variant of Golden Rule, where instead of a skill that measured the way and amount of riches the servant gained during their life, it measures their aptitude for ruling over magical beings and acquiring magical items. As per Beserkers’ legend, they ruled over magically transformed servants and members of the castle and sought many ways both magical and non-magical alike to break their curse.

Noble Phantasms

la Bête (B)
    (The Beast)
    The Beastly Curse of the Rose
    Anti-unit (Self) Noble Phantasm
    Max Targets: 1
    In Berserker’s legend, Berserker is transformed into a monstrous beast by means of cursing himself with the same curse from his legend. While in this form, Berserker gains a rank up to both their MAG and STR stats, increasing both his strength and magic resistance. The form berserker takes is most similar to that if his legend, a large animal with a lion like head with horns, a bear’s body and hooves for feet. Only assistance it’s other half can transform him back.

La Belle (C-)
    (The Beauty)
    Be Our Everlasting Guest
    Fortress Noble Phantasm
    Max Targets: 100 (1-100)
    Berserker’s second noble phantasm, it takes the form of the castle from their legend. If a target were to walk into their territory (the castle grounds or the castle itself) berserker is able to cast the same curse that befell their servants onto the target transforming them into an animated object from inside the castle. In order to break the curse, the target must either defeat the non beast half of the duo or wait for the rose (catalyst for the Noble Phantasm) to completely wilt.

Lore

Berserker is a dual servant made up of Belle and Adam, the duo most famously known as the Beauty and the Beast. While many thought them to be the stuff of fairy tales, their story is actually a biographical account of the curse they overcame. Belle was once the daughter of a nobleman who went bankrupt attempting to make a business deal. Upon her father’s return home from the deal, he was attacked and sought shelter in adam’s castle. At first belle’s father thought the castle to be abandoned, he soon found that after plucking a rose from the castle garden, that Adam was the master of the castle and was imprisoned by Adam for attempt of theft. Belle found out about this and traded her life for her father’s replacing him as adam’s hostage. The two then slowly learned more and more about each other and gradually grew to love one another. Finally after the last rose petal fell in adam’s private room (which signified both the end of the curse and Adam’s life) belle and he were able to break the curse by sharing true loved kiss freeing and saving both Adam and his Servant’s from their curse.

Personality

When summoned in the vessel of a berserker, only Belle is capable of speech. While both belle and Adam are capable of understanding Adam looks to be in pain and takes the full force of the berserker class’s signature mad enhancement skill rendering him incapable of speech. The two act mostly as a married couple with belle typically acting as a dutiful housewife but with a strong temper due to the side effects of mad enhancement. Adam while in his human form can come off as unruly and obstinate the to others including their master but will always listen to belle’s commands.

Lines

General:

Summoned: “ Belle- Oh it seems we were summoned as a berserker this time hun, try not to go too wild. Hehe
    Adam- grunt ”

Likes: “Belle- what do we like? Well a nice book always hits the spot, as for Adam I would say my Lamb chops are his favorite.
    Adam- *drools thinking about the meal*”

Dislikes: “ Adam- *Roars*
    Belle- Calm down hun, I can’t even hear master’s question!”

Holy Grail: “Belle- hmm, we haven’t given this much thought, our wish of being together has already been filled!”

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Perry Ellis.; June 10th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    “Surprised summoner? You’ve just hit the jackpot summoning the greatest warrior duo to ever live!”
    “Sister there is no need to hype us up or insult our contractor. No fool could summon us so naturally they would know our greatness.”
    “Damn right! You’re still the smartest person I know.”
    ★ ★ ★

Art Source
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Good/Neutral Good
    Region: Vietnam – Historical Facts
    Height: 175cm, 179cm
    Weight: 77kg, 64kg
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, King/Queen, Riding, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish

Parameters:

Strength: B

Endurance: A+

Agility: C

Mana: D

Luck: D

Noble Phantasm: B

Skills

Class Skills:

Independent Action: C
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for one day without a Master.

Magic Resistance: D

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding: A

Denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. In all of their depictions, the sisters are shown riding great great war elephants into battle.

Personal Skills:

Combination: A

A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person.
    No matter what sort of severe battlefield, they will be able to grasp each other's actions without even the need for a single glance

Queens of the Waterside: B

A skill representing the sister’s final battle at the Hat Giang River – a last minute gambit on death’s door. Upon receiving the possession of deadly injuries; tremendous Charisma and methodology against chaotic melee combat against superior numbers is granted.

Stalwart Stone Skin: A

The crystallisation of the legendary account when finally overwhelmed by Han China's armies; the sisters threw themselves into the Hat Giang River in order to avoid capture. They then turned into statues. These eventually washed ashore and were placed in Hanoi's Hai Ba Trung Temple for worship. Grants a significant boost to the END parameter and further increases conceptual defences against melee damage.

Noble Phantasm

Sông Cái Nha Trang
    Great Storm of Destruction

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum Targets: 500 people

The ascension of Rider and the physical actualisation of their famed rebellion. Replicating the preferred tactic by Rider’s military forces of a full charge with platoons of war elephants that could run across difficult terrain and crush waves of soldiers under foot comparable to the famed Red River the servant is connected with.

A two-stage Noble Phantasm. It is initiated when mystical waters are summoned that will encase both their war elephant mount and themselves, transforming them into a hybrid of warrior and beast. This elemental titan is the size of a modern football stadium with weight that cracks the earth underneath with every step.

The Noble Phantasm itself is a powerful trampling attack using this beast. The damage is decided by two factors, damage from the tusks of the elemental titan and the damage from being crushed underfoot, with both physical damage and the effects of the water elemental strikes taking effect with each attack roll. If the target is not strong enough and fails a saving throw, additional damage will also be dealt. Its speed is also very significant, reducing a distance of one hundred meters to zero the instant after its activation.

Lore

The Trung Sisters, byname of Trung Trac and Trung Nhi, were heroines of the Vietnamese independence movement and regarded as national heroines, who headed a rebellion against the Chinese Han-dynasty overlords and briefly established an autonomous state. The sisters were born in Giao Chi, in rural Northern Vietnam, a commandery of the Han dynasty. The Trung sisters were highly educated under the watchful eyes of their father; they excelled in both literature and martial arts. Both were in line to inherit their father's land and titles.

Trung Trac, the elder sister, was the widow of Thi Sach, lord of Chau Dien, in northern Vietnam, who had been publicly executed for opposing foreign Chinese rule and forcible cultural assimilation as a deterrent to rebel forces. His death spurred Trung Trac along with her sister Trung Nhi to take up his cause and the flames of insurrection spread. Their military campaign was highly aggressive, taking 65 northern citadels within a year and the Trung Sisters jointly proclaimed themselves queens of an independent state extending from southern China to the present site of Hue.

Despite the aggression and talent of the warrior sisters, their armies - without peasant support, without supplies, and with untrained forces were defeated by the Han dynasty’s greatest general Ma Yuan at the battlefield of Hat Mon, now Son Tay they committed suicide, drowning themselves. The Book of the Later Han states that they were decapitated by Ma Yuan, who sent their heads back to the Han capital. There are also legendary accounts claiming that the sisters fell sick, vanished in the sky, or took their own lives by jumping into a river and drowning. According to one legendary account, when finally overwhelmed by Han China's armies, the sisters threw themselves into the Hat Giang River in order to avoid capture. They then turned into statues. These eventually washed ashore and were placed in Hanoi's Hai Ba Trung Temple for worship.

One thing is conclusive in the end, the dream of freedom fell apart.

Character

Likes: Elephants & strategy games (both), Bar fights and drinking (Trac), Flirting (Nhi)
    Dislikes: People teasing and insulting her sister (both)
    Talent: Pulling arguments out of thin air (Trac), All-out assault Tactics (Nhi)
    Natural Enemy: Confucius, Ma Yuan

The Trung sisters were considered beauties and geniuses in both literary and military arts though in the modern are it has become impossible to differentiate between the two. However, both had their specialities and quirks. If summoned separately it is likely Trac would have the aptitude for a charismatic Saber while Nhi would be a cool and tactical Archer, unfortunetly they are best friends and both love elephants.

Trung Trac is the more abrasive and hot-headed of the two sisters. The one most likely to charge head first into a fight, cause chaos and have boisterous celebration afterwards regardless of victory or defeat. Although she certainly seems like more of the tomboy, she is the one who possessed great charisma to initiate the rebellion out of grief for her lost husband. Despite her appearance she is a good listener and will happily spend time talking through heavy subjects if a friend needs emotional support. Another note is that she still very much considers herself still very much married to her husband and is very easily embarrassed by the advancements of men.

Nhi is the calmer, more reserved of the two sisters. Although she prefers to make strategic plans in the background, she is by no means taciturn, her careful plans often more destructive that going in wildly and enabling her sister’s antics. Although quieter to say the least she is the more outrageous one; if Trac will start a bar fight, Nhi will plan to burn the building down. She also has very different standards to what she considers ‘lewd’ compared to her sister, indeed she doesn’t see herself as shackled and has no problem in approaching cute men. It is highly unlikely she actually has an NTR kink and is just teasing her sister but good luck asking them.

Creator Notes

I know there’s one here already but I’ve had this at 10% completion for like 2 years now and I think they’re different enough to post (even though I actually really like the other one still). Also much like my Sigrun sheet, the Trung Sisters were originally going to be both the Rider and Archer servants in my ongoing quest in the RP subfourm, Quest of Fate, hence no relationship segment. However it fell apart because I couldn’t think of a way to come up with an Noble Phantasm for Nhi as an Archer, the sheet overall was just an Iskander expy, even though I still took the easy option with the Rider class and they didn't quite fit into the story the way I hoped so the sheet was thrown on the backburner for a few years.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 9th, 2020 at 06:04 PM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ​deletes the sheet that was on the making

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    So you're another one.
    Another human who yearn for power.
    Another Damocles, perhaps another Robespierre, or another Kennedy.
    Doesn't matter to me.

Make use of this power, or not, it's your choice.
    You might achieve greatness, you might achieve you wish.
    In that case let me be your hope.
    You also could possibly simply be crushed, like countless others.
    In which case let me do duty.
    Perhaps you would just cower away from the responsibility it demands.
    It's not you fault, I understand.

Whatever choice you make, Master, I shall follow you through its conclusion.
    Watching you from above.
    Judging your actions.

“Accompanying strength is not only pride, but also endless fear.”

At the moment of his ascension to power, Dionysius the Younger inherits not only his father’s privilege of joy and pride, but also his countless troubles and enemies,—like a sword hanging above his head.

At any moment, everything he holds dear could be destroyed. Years of happiness, years of wisdom, years of glory, years of serenity, years of love, years of dignity. In matter of seconds, the thread of fate could be cut, and from the heavens, a sword will fall upon him and everything vanishes like sea foam.

Are you trying pity me?
    Imbecile! I drink the finest wine, eat the most delicious food, every man and woman obeys me and they do all the tedious labors for me!
    There is nothing difficult about being a king, really, even a moron like you could do it.
    You should try it sometimes… Hehehe…
    What, you think I’m joking?
    Come then, see for yourselves, the fortune of a king.
    Let’s find out if lowborn like you could handle such privilege!
    Let’s see if you’re fit to be its ‘Master’!

What’s the hurry, why so eager to return the crown?
    You still have quite some time life don’t you, Master?
    You seemed to enjoy yourselves a few moments ago.

…Hmph.
    How pathetic.
    You trembled so much that the thread almost snapped.
    Well, Master; or should I call you, Damocles?
    Do you still seek the Holy Grail for “power” now that such petty position of power such as a king proves to be too much for you? Hehehe…

Syracuse needs a powerful ruler. He must not be too powerful, or too weak. If he is too weak, the kingdom will face imminent destruction in the face of foreign invaders. But he should not have too much power either; lest he shall he too shall face imminent destruction at the hands of his own subjects. Compromising between the two, to balance his power, is no escape either. It just means that the king has equal chance of facing the either fate of destruction.

Knowing this, Dionysius the Younger who had himself ordered the destruction of his father, had placed a sword above his throne, held by a single horse hair, as a reminder, a warning, not only to himself, but to also to the world—

Class: Saber, Watcher
    True Name: Dionysius II, Sword of Damocles
    Alignment: Lawful Evil, True Neutral
    Origin: Historical Facts, Sword of Damocles Allegory
    Region: Sicily, Worldwide
    Attribute: Man, Earth

Human can never fully control what they have created. Men create hierarchy, dominance, control and power and without knowing it, hung a sword above their heads. In a cycle of cause and effect, of action and reaction, human use power to destroy and force others into submission, in return they are destroyed by the recoil.

Throughout history this cause and effect has materialized and symbolized in many different ways, as a part of Alaya’s functioning. Most of the times it’s a cycle of conquer and be conquered, killed and be killed. At a time a failed Philosopher King symbolizes it a hanging sword. At other time it manifested as destructive hordes of horsemen from the eastern steppes that calls themselves the Scourge of God. At other time, it is materialized as the guillotine that swept away the French monarchy. Recently, when man leaned to harness the power of the very atoms of material world, the nuclear warheads became the looming doom that threatens to befall total annihilation to humanity itself.

This cause and effect is the true nature of the Watcher-class Servant known as the Sword of Damocles, an entity that is summoned alongside the Tyrant of Syracuse, Dionysius II, as one of his Noble Phantasm. Its appearance and scale of power changes between eras, but its essence remains the same.

Parameters:
    STR: C, EX
    END: B, E
    AGI: C, -
    MGI: D, EX
    LCK: D, -
    NP: C, EX

Class Skills:
    Riding: B
    The ability to ride mounts and operate vehicles, it is the class skill of Rider and Saber Servants. Although Saber himself doesn’t really have a particular expertise in riding, he insists that a king he must at least be an excellent rider, so he used his privilege to boost his own Riding skill.

Magic Resistance: A
    Resistance to effects inflicted by magecraft. A king who lived in an island with strong lingering trace of the Age of Gods, Saber has naturally high magic resistance. In addition, he has his own experience of either cooperation as well as life-threatening encounter with quite some troublesome magi, such as his own court magician, Dion, as well as said magus’s famed teacher, Plato.

Territory Infringement: A
    The crossing of a forbidden boundary, this is a skill granted to those who had overstepped, or rather, overcame the limit imposed by the entities that holds authority, whether kings, gods or the world itself. It is a skill belonging to Watcher, whose warning threatens not only the subjected human, but also especially the entity that claims power and imposed the limit itself.

Personal Skills:
    Tyrant’s Privilege: B
    The ability and fortunes a tyrant is able to access through their insistence, enabling Saber to temporarily possess skills he normally shouldn’t have or enhance ones that he might already have. However, skills that are acquired though this Privilege costs significantly higher mana to use than normal, and thus Saber must either absorb mana directly from the surrounding mana source or become a real burden to his Master, but either way, using this skill will deactivate his Magic Resistance, and also agitate Watcher, so he rarely consciously does this.

Philosopher King: E
    The ideal figure of a king envisioned by Plato, they are rulers who have the capability for the “ideal form of statesmanship” through access to the “world of ideas” itself. In short, holder of this ability can display what can be called a “nation building authority”. At one point Plato and his student, Dion sought to tutor and reform the tyrant Saber into this ideal ruler. This project however failed miserably, perhaps due to the fatal flaw of Saber’s personality. Nonetheless, this experience alone qualifies him for this skill, although at lowest rank. Even if he tries to use his privilege, he cannot exceed E-rank, but even so it is sufficient to construct a bounded field to a whole city.

Authority Transference: A
    An ability that allows one to create a copy of an Authority one possesses and temporarily grant it a designated person, it is a skill resulting from the synergy of Saber and Watcher based on their legend. Although it sounds like a supporting skill for one’s Master or ally, in Saber’s hand it means that the recipient would become a prime target for the Sword of Damocles. As long as someone has “ambition for power” Saber can even forcibly give this skill to them.

Above One’s Head: A
    Where the crown goes, Watcher follows quietly overhead, watching, stalking, waiting for the moment the thread of fate is cut and it’s allowed to descend, a skill that is a bit of a combination of Stalking and Bird’s Eye View. For Saber, who is the default target and de-facto Master of Watcher, he can to a degree take advantage of the intel provided by Watcher’s surveillance for an extra bit of security. He can also make Watcher to be positioned a bit higher so it can see from a wider scale. Additionally, if Watcher is targeting someone else, Saber can teleport to and ride on Watcher’s hilt.

Watcher: B
    The special contract Watcher has towards his Master, in this case as a weapon ready to bring them death from above. For Watcher specifically, this skill allows it to change its form and adjust its properties so that it can sufficiently destroy whoever it is targeting. For Saber specifically, who it has special contact of being his Noble Phantasm, he can somewhat customize its appearance to whatever he wants, even if it’s only to slightly lessen the paranoia.

Noble Phantasms:
    Crown of Tyrant
    Uneasy Lies the Head That Wears the Crown
    Type: Anti-Authority
    Tyrants wear a crown, a Crown of Thorns.

A Noble Phantasm that is a vindication to those who claims to have authority, a coronation of their impending doom. It is a crown can only be worn by those who do have some form of authority. Even if they originally don’t, with the Authority Transference skill, Saber can turn anyone who has a thirst of power in their heart a valid target for this Noble Phantasm.

Once the target is crowned, they are marked with the designation of “Watcher’s Master” and more importantly, “Watcher’s Target”. Those weak willed “Master” who failed their Endurance and Magic Resistance check will additionally be penalized with a Counter Hero effect that lowers their Parameters and even Skills and Noble Phantasm’s rank. From now on, every time the crowned uses their Authority, a Luck check is performed. If they fail, their fate is sealed, and the Noble Phantasm Sword of Damocles is activated.

Sword of Damocles
    The Hanging Blade of Imminent Destruction
    Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Country
    Hung by the simplest of thread, a sharpened sword lays overhead.

A Noble Phantasm from an anecdote that though history accumulated its own essence and soul, and become a Heroic Spirit in itself, a weapon that is created as a byproduct of human knowledge and power, as a warning to those who wield said power, this is Watcher’s true nature.

When all conditions are met, and the horse hair thread of fate is cut, and this Noble Phantasm is guaranteed to bring swift demise to anything under its shadow with a single embrace.

Once the deed is done, as long as Saber was not the victim, and he survives the ordeal, Watcher will return to become his Noble Phantasm.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Rider
    Identity: Triptolemus & Persephone
    Source: Greek mythology
    Origin: Greece
    Alignment: Lawful Good/True Neutral
    Height: 178 cm/164 cm
    Weight: 91 kg/52 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    NP: A

Skills
    Class skills

Magic Resistance: C
    Cancels spells with a chant lower than two verses.

Riding: A++
    Can handle any vehicle or creature efficiently.
    Even Divine Beasts can be used as a ride. Exceptionally, Triptolemus shows some degree of ability with the Dragon Kind.

Divinity: C+
    Triptolemus was born a mortal, but the influence of his figure in the cult to Demeter has even led to him being worshiped as a demigod.
    Although Persephone accompanies him, since the Saint Graph isn’t an irregular Saint Graph that could easily allow two bodies, she had to get rid of all her Divinity.

Personal skills

Robust Health: B
    A skill made up from anecdotes of never having been wounded in battle and never having been ill since birth. It also comprises Poison Resistance.
    It is said that, after being breastfed by Demeter herself, Triptolemus instantly went from being a sick baby to become a healthy adult. Since this skill isn’t an innate trait of his, it receives a rank down.
    Him having a childish face despite his well-developed body is a side effect.

Expert Cropper: A+
    The gift of agriculture that Demeter and Persephone taught to Triptolemus, and that he shared with man.
    He knows what plants grow better depending on the type of soil and climate, and can treat barren land to help it become fertile again. Additionally, he can teach this skill to others, though time is required to do so and the rank will be lower.

Affections of the Gods (Mother/Nether): B++
    Love coming from Demeter to both Persephone and Triptolemus, and from Hades exclusively to Persephone.
    Though to Triptolemus it only appears as a boost to his Endurance, Mana, and Luck, Persephone has manifested different effects due to the love she receives from both gods and the nature of her myth. Swinging constantly between life and death, defining those concepts has become hard to her. Because of that, she has gained a special resistance against the imposition of death and life-manipulating effects.

Noble Phantasm

Agrotikós Róda
    Wheel of the land’s authority

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 2~50
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The chariot given by Demeter to Triptolemus. It is believed to be one of the oldest depictions of a wheeled vehicle in Greek mythology, and it’s pulled by two dragons raised by Demeter herself. Despite being called a chariot, its structure somehow resembles a futuristic version of a tractor. It’s not a vehicle meant for battle, and the dragons aren’t actually very strong, so it lacks firepower as a Noble Phantasm, but it boasts high mobility through land and air and has a relatively low mana cost. It also possesses a selection of secret features related to agriculture, like concealed blades in the wheels to make them act as a rototiller, or long scythes coming from the sides to cut vegetation.

Ofioúchos Timoría
    Punishment to protect the loved by the gods

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 2~50

A Noble Phantasm whose True Name can only be called when Agrotikós Róda is being used. It derives from a lesser legend regarding the origin of the constellation Ophiuchus. In said legend, king Charnabon of the Getes attempted to murder Triptolemus after killing one of his dragons to prevent him from escaping. Demeter, enraged, replaced the dragon for another and condemned Charnagon to be tormented for the rest of his life. After his death, he was turned into Ophiuchus, a man trying to kill a snake, as a reminder not to harm those who are protected by the gods.

Should a strike powerful enough to deal lethal damage be aimed to Triptolemus, one of the dragons would be sacrificed instead, acting as a meat shield. The dragon would momentarily receive a boost to its endurance to be able to launch a counter-attack, but only if the damage doesn’t surpass a certain level. An Anti-Army Noble Phantasm and above, or a powerful enough Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm, would be far too strong to allow the dragon to live enough to strike back. Due to the special nature of this summoning, this Noble Phantasm also protects Persephone.

Chthonikós Iliostásio
    Sadness, rot the land

Type:
    Anti-Country
    Range: 1~80
    Maximum number of targets: 400 people

According to mythology, the abduction of Persephone to the underworld caused her mother to mourn her loss and neglect her duty as a goddess of life to the point of causing a natural disaster that could have caused irreversible damage. Even after reaching an agreement with Hades, during the months that Persephone leaves her side, Demeter cries again and vegetation withers until the day she returns. This is how the seasons of the year are said to have been created.

This Noble Phantasm manifests in the form of a pomegranate, the fruit Persephone ate in the Underworld. By eating its seeds, she shuts her presence as a living being and makes Demeter perceive her status as ‘deceased’. Believing her daughter has been taken again by Hades, the goddess mother grieves her disappearance from the world of the living, and brings winter to the world. A powerful curse that alters climate and can affect a whole country if left unchecked. In the event of Persephone truly dying, this Noble Phantasm will activate automatically and bury an area on the scale of a large city in eternal cold and barrenness.

Because of the extensive amount of mana required for its activation, and the psychological burden that its effects have on both Demeter and Persephone, she doesn’t use it too much.

Enthýmio Eleusís
    We, bonds that inherit the stars

Type: Memento
    Range:

A Noble Phantasm based on the Eleusinian Mysteries, ancient rites that are heavily believed to revolve around the cycle of life and death due to the presence of Demeter, Persephone, and Triptolemus. These rituals celebrated the transmission of energy from one generation to another through the constant repetition of this cycle. Humans eat from the earth, and the earth nurtures itself when humans return to it. Usable by either Triptolemus or Persephone, it allows one of them to survive should the other die, thus breaking the rule that dictates that both individuals would die even if only one of them is killed.
    Being two Servants summoned together, they share a Spirit Core. Through this Noble Phantasm, they can transfer their half of the core from one to another at the moment of their death. The transfer is completely safe and doesn’t involve any risk to the receiver. Additionally, all the skills and abilities from the donor are transferred togRUBY=ether with the Spirit Core. Even if one of them dies, the power level of the Spirit Origin technically won’t decrease and the consequences will only be emotional.

Character
    Personality
    Although young adults in appearance, they both are innocent like children and know little about how the world truly works. Having been raised by Demeter, an overprotective mother, they have never been truly harmed by anything, and those who ever tried to were severely punished, but this overprotection deprived them of freedom to know the true face of reality. This is more noticeable in Persephone’s case, since she is Demeter’s biological daughter. Triptolemus, being like an adoptive younger child, luckily had some more leeway.

Despite his muscular body, Triptolemus is still a child. It doesn’t mean he’s a childish adult. He’s literally a little kid that just happens to be huge. He’s really knowledgeable regarding agriculture and farming, but other than that he has the mentality of a 5 year old. He really loves Persephone, and treats her like his older sister. It wouldn’t be weird to hear him say he wants to marry her when he grows up. He’s also the one of the two that had the idea of running away from Demeter’s side, which suggests he’s more active and determined to disobey if necessary than Persephone.

Persephone, having had all her freedom cut down by Demeter’s upbringing and her marriage with Hades, is as ignorant of the ways of the world as a princess that has spent her whole life inside a castle. She conducts herself with a rather quiet and humble demeanor, and seems to be pessimistic about the possibilities of changing her lifestyle, having already admitted that there is nothing she can do. She also loves Triptolemus like a sibling, and makes sure to act like a mature sister that prevents him from misbehaving.

Treatment with the Master

Two siblings that ran away from home with barely what they’re wearing and nothing else. Even if the older sister is worried that Mommy will be worried or that she’ll be mad at them for misbehaving, they’ll be in the Master’s care during this summoning.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1: “Since we have rudely barged in like this, I should apologize again. I’m afraid neither Triptolemus nor I are truly suited for battle, so please tell us if there is something else we can do to be of help.”
    “We’re really good with farming and crops, so if you have an orchard, we can attend it for you. We can also teach you if you want!”
    “I’m afraid this place doesn’t seem to have anything similar to that. Just look through the window, it’s freezing outside. I don’t think even Mother could grow something with this cold.”
    “Aww…”

Bond 2:“Persephone! I’ve just learned something fantastic! There’s this thing called ‘greenhouse’ where you can grow any plant no matter the season of the year! Isn’t that great? We can even pick berries in the dead of winter!”
    “You have developed something that can ignore the effects of Mother’s sadness over the crops? That’s admittedly impressive. I didn’t expect humans to have advanced this much since the Age of Gods.”

Bond 3:“Now that I think about it, we both are a Rider, but is Persephone really qualified for being one? I thought she’d be a Caster, or something like that.”
    “Well, I used to accompany you on your travels from time to time together with Mother, and I was taken to the Underworld by Hades on a chariot, but I have no memories of actually having steered any sort of vehicle. Perhaps it’s a limitation caused by the summoning? It would be too conflated if we were of two different classes at the same time with this Spirit Origin.”
    “Hmmm, maybe that’s why. If that’s what you think, I believe it. You’re really smart, Persephone!”
    “No, no. You praise me too much.”

Bond 4: “I’m sure you know it very well at this point, but I’m the same Persephone of the myths. My existence is only about satisfying the two gods that love me the most, and preventing a possible catastrophe by doing that. So… if I look anxious from time to time, it’s because I don’t know if it’s really fine to be freeloading at this place. I apologize if I ever worried you.”
    “Don’t you worry, Persephone! If Demeter or Hades gets mad at you for running away, I’ll tell them it was my fault! I was the one who made you come with me after all, so I’ll assume the responsibility!”
    “Triptolemus…”

Bond 5: “I wonder how long we have been together. Neither Mother nor Hades seem to have come for me yet, but I feel like it would be too soon to leave if they appeared now. There are so many things I want to see, so many experiences I want to have… I’d love to be a bit selfish and reject my destiny to do as I please and live a free life, but I know it’d be dangerous if I don’t follow my destiny… I have several doubts about what should I do…”
    “Do you really have to go? Everything looks fine to me, and if they haven’t come to pick you up, it means there’s no problem with staying here some more time, right? Being here’s really fun, and even more if you’re with me, so stop thinking about leaving and let’s continue having fun together!”

Likes: “Working on the fields sure feels nice, but there’s something that’s infinitely better than that!”
    “I thought that was your passion. Is there anything you like more than the fields?”
    “Don’t be silly! You know I love being with you more than anything else!”
    “Aw, you’re so sweet… I love being with you too.”

Dislikes: “I do love Mother, but… She is too overprotective with me. I mean, she almost destroyed the world just because I left her side and wed Hades. I’d like to be free and not have to spend half of my existence constantly at her side, but… *sigh*… I can’t do anything about that.”
    “I love Demeter too. She took care of me and taught me a lot of things, but she’s too strict with Persephone. Even though she smiles, I know she’s actually uncomfortable when she’s with Demeter. That’s why I brought her here with me. I want her to be happy.”

Wish for the Grail: “My existence is a constant back-and-forth between life and death. I think not even a Holy Grail would suffice to alter a destiny bound to the desires of two gods. If we ever obtain it, Triptolemus should be the one to make a wish.”
    “So can I wish for us to be really siblings?”
    “Come again?”
    “Yeah! I want Persephone to be my biological old sister! Maybe I can’t change your situation that much, but I love you a lot, so I want you to be my sister by blood!”
    “Triptolemus…… Thank you… I love you too…”
    “Aaah! Master, Persephone’s crying! Did I say something bad?!”

Personal data
    Historical depiction

Persephone is the daughter of Demeter and Zeus, and the protagonist of one of the most well-known myths in Greek mythology.
    Having run away from her mother to pick some flowers, Persephone was suddenly abducted by Hades, who had fallen in love with her, and taken to the Underworld. When Demeter knew about her daughter’s disappearance, she looked for her all across the world, and became so sad that she neglected her duties to take care of the earth. All plants withered, and people starved.
    After some time, Zeus had no choice but to order Hades to return Persephone to Demeter, otherwise the world would rot away forever. However, Persephone had eaten a pomegranate in the Underworld, and couldn’t just be sent back to the realm of mortals, so an agreement was reached to satisfy both sides: Persephone would spend half of the year with Demeter, and the other half (or 3 months in some versions) with Hades. During the months that she stays with Hades, Demeter cries again for her daughter, and when they are reunited, plants blossom in profusion. This is how the seasons were created.

Triptolemus was a prince of Eleusis that Demeter nursed while she was looking for Persephone. Having been hosted by Ceteus, the Eleusinian king, Demeter noticed that Triptolemus was sick and breastfed him. It is said that this not only healed him, but also turned him instantly into an adult. As a rewards for his hospitality, Demeter also offered Ceteus to make his other son Demophon immortal, but in the end she adopted Triptolemus to teach him agriculture. Once Persephone was returned to her mother, she assisted Triptolemus during his travels and took care of him.

Due to their association with vegetation, life and death, Demeter, Persephone, and Triptolemus are all regarded as important figures in the Eleusinian Mysteries. The true nature of these mysteries hasn’t been ascertained yet, but they seem to be connected to the aspect of Earth Mother Goddesses as givers of life and death.

Related characters

Demeter
    – I’ll always be thankful to Demeter for all she’s done for me, but I don’t like how she treats Persephone…
    – I know she means well, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t hurting me. Parents have to let go of their children when the time comes.

Aphrodite
    – Why don’t you get along with her, Persephone? Did you argue about something?
    – You’re too young and innocent to understand it yet. Please don’t ask me about it anymore… It’s embarrassing…

Quetzalcōātl
    – A goddess that taught agriculture to men? Then she’s similar to Demeter. I wonder if she can teach me something new.
    – I think you are being too careless casually approaching someone that can piledrive another gods with a smile on her face…

Ereškigal
    – Hello, mistress of Kur! Do you want to be our friend? Look, Persephone also lives in the Underworld from time to time, and I can grow some pretty plants for you. You know what, I’ll give you this pot of flowers as a present. I hope we can get along!
    – I apologize for his brusqueness, ruler of the Mesopotamian Underworld. My name is Persephone, wife of Hades. I hope you can at least allow me to invite you to have some tea and chat together sometime. I’m sure we may find we have many things in common.

Dioscuri
    – So you are siblings by blood, even though one of you is a human and the other is a goddess? I’m jealous of you two! I wish Persephone and I could be like you!
    – Er, I think you’ve just poured salt on an open wound… I’m really sorry, he didn’t mean to insult you.

I know I can't hold a candle against Kamerad's sheet, much less against Sunny's, but trying to pull something decent doesn't hurt. They originally were separate sheets, and Persephone was quite different from how she's here, but I couldn't ignore the opportunity to put them together with this prompt. Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by King of Padoru; June 14th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Archer of Wind and Lighting

"Heeyo! Let's get this party starting!
    "Can you not, please? Just your voice gives me headaches."

Class: Archer
    Alignment: Chaotic/neutral
    Region: Japan
    Height: 150cm/147cm
    Weight: 46kg/44kg
    Dislikes: Tea, silence, books/sake, music, fights
    Talent: Causing mayhem (accidentally or not)
    Armaments: Drums/Bag of winds
    Natural Enemy: Each other

Stats

Str: A
    End: B
    Agi: A
    Mna: C
    Lck: C

Skills

Class Skills

Independent Action(C): The ability to remain independent even when rejecting, or being unable to receive a mana supply from the Master. Archer is capable of remaining in this world for one day without an established contract.
    "It would be best if you don't leave us alone Master."
    "Otherwise, we might just try and kill each other."

Magic Resistance(A): Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".
    "Curses? I already live with one."
    "You are so unnecessarily mean."

Personal Skills

Oni Kind Demon(C): A skill representing the demonic nature and the superpower of an oni. It is a composite Skill combining Combining the likes of Natural Monster, Monstrous Strength, Charisma, Mana Burst, etc...
    That said, Archer didn't originally have these characteristics. They were actually attributed to them at a later stage after their birth.
    "It was all a big misunderstanding!"
    "That is because of ugly ogre face."
    "Oi!"

Divinity(B): The level of one's aptitude as a Divine spirit. Both of the halfs comprising Archer are powerful Kami born from Izanami while she was in the underworld and are highly revered across Japan. Although the nature of their birth prevents this Skill from going higher than a B rank.
    "Well, this is more fitting for myself. I am the maker of the Kamikaze after all."
    What's so Divine about your giant farts?"
    "What! I never... Rude!"

Combination(D++): A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person. At D Rank, both parts of Archer can tell with some precision what the other is going to do, but will not always help each other due to personality differences. However, once in a while their desires line up, and this skill receives a great boost.
    "Just because we hate each other..."
    "...it doesn't mean we can't work together!"
    "Don't underestimate us!"

Familiars(Teru Teru Bozu)(B): Archer has the ability to make little Familiar dolls. These dolls can be produced in very large numbers and cost very little amounts of mana, but have little to no offensive capabilities and their only power is one-time protection against attacks. They also passively generate an aura of good luck, and with a good number of dolls around them, Archer's Luck stat can gain a maximum of two ranks.
    "You guys are so cute! Let's see... you are Haku, and you are Shiro, you are..."
    "Why are you giving them names? Dammit, don't get attached to these things."

Noble Phantasm

Eight Drums of Divine Thunder
    Yakusa no Ikazuchi

One of Archer's main Noble Phantasms, it's a Divine Construct in the form of a set of eight traditional Japanese drums marked with tomoe symbols. Only one of the aspects comprising Archer can utilize this Noble Phantasm and the other has no access to it.
    By hitting the drums and letting the sound of thunder resonate, Archer can summon up to eight "living streams of lighting" to strike the enemies around her. These bolts are actually an extension of her own body meaning that she can move them around the same way someone would an arm, freely controlling and changing their directions mid-flight.
    Archer can keep hitting the drums to increase the potency and power of her attacks. However, it is possible for her to be overloaded if she goes too far, causing lighting to disperse and the drums to stop working for a few moments.

Mythical Bag of Divine Wind
    Shinatsuhiko no Kamikaze

The other of Archer's main Noble Phantasms, it is also a Divine Construct, this time in the form of an extravagantly decored bag filled with various types of air. Like the previous one, only one of the aspects comprising Archer can utilize this Noble Phantasm and the other has no access to it.
    Archer can utilize the winds inside the bag in several different ways. she can use extreme cold or hot air to attack, use a sudden strong wind to push or pull things, use swirling air to conceal her and her allies, or even whisper into the breeze to deliver messages over great distances.
    Furthermore, by completely undoing the knot around the bag's mouth, Archer can let all the all wind out at the same time, creating a devastating attack capable of wiping out an entire army. However, the bag will be left empty after that, and she will be defenseless.

Wind Blows, Thunder resounds, Rain Falls
    Miwa Myojin

Archer's powerful trump card. Unlike their other Noble Phantasms, this one is not a physical treasure, but instead a combination of their Authorities and a representation of what they can achieve when they work together. Also unlike their other two Noble Phantasms, it can only be activated by both the aspects of Archer together.
    It combines the nature of the wind and thunder to summon one of the most important and powerful Natural events: Rain. Together, Archer calls upon the spirits of water that embodies the violent floods that destroy cities and ships, having them take the form of a giant dragon made of water and unleash a devastating attack.
    However, that is not all of its effects. Beyond its enormous offensive power, the aftermath of the attack will also leave behind a light drizzle to falls upon Archer and their allies, recovering their energy and healing their wounds.
    This is a Powerful Noble Phantasm that embodies Archer's nature as both violent gods of storms and benevolent gods of agriculture. A truly incredible power, but since it can only be achieved through teamwork and mutual understanding, it means that it is actually very hard to pull out.

Background

Archer's identities are that of the Japanese Gods Raijin and Fuujin. Originally Kami, they have been attributed characteristics of Oni and are very rarely depicted without each other companies.
    Raijin, also known as Raiden, Narukami, or Raikou, is a Kami of lightning and thunder in Japanese mythology and the Shinto religion. Archer is typically depicted with fierce and aggressive facial expressions, standing atop a cloud, and is shown beating on drums that are often shown to have the symbol tomoe drawn on them. She is also is often depicted as a protector or warrior figure within Japanese temples and shrines.
    Fūjin, or Futen, is the Kami of the winds and one of the eldest Shinto gods. She is usually depicted wearing a leopard skin and with a large bag of air around her shoulders, which she uses to propel herself around the world, in turn creating the world’s winds and storms. She is also heavily associated with the Kamikaze, a phenomenon where a Mysterious sudden typhoon who completely destroyed the Mongol armies during their attempts to invade Japan.
    They are view as destructive gods of the storms who flood cities and sink boats but are also worshiped as benevolent gods of Agriculture who clean the land and prepare the soil for the next planting. Their relationship varies from story to story, sometimes they are shown fighting against each other and causing Chaos, and other times they work together to carry out their duties, but they are almost always depicted together.
    Even if Raijin is a little bit more popular.

Personality

The two aspects that comprise Archer are vastly different from each other in terms of personality. One can even say that they are complete opposites, although they have more in common than they would admit
    Raijin is a loud and boisterous "tanned babe". She is very energetic and can sometimes be annoying, but is also very friendly. She likes music and will dance to almost anything, anytime, anywhere. Raijin also usually is very whimsical and likes to jokes, but will get serious during battles. She is kind of dumb but doesn't care about it since she "does not need to think very hard" because she is strong.
    Fuujin is the silent and calm "pale beauty". Someone very reserved, polite and even a little bit stoic, but is also a tad anti-social. She likes to relax and read. Manga and light novels are fine, but her favorites are Samurai novels. Despite her cool and composed demeanor, she will sometimes burst into violent temper tantrums if provocate. She proud of herself since "I am the intelligent one of the duo", but in reality, she is not as smart as she thinks.
    The two obviously don't go along very well, but deep inside, they do care for each other. If you insult one of them, they both will get angry, as they are the only ones who can insult each other.

Dialouge

"Let's go, Master! Let's shake the world!"
    "Why don't we like, stay inside and watch a movie or something."

"Can't you stop drumming for like, one second?"
    "See, that is why you have no friends."

Shuten Douji: "Oh, a real oni? I wish she was my partner, she seems a lot more fun."
    "I wish she was my partner, she is not obnoxiously loud."

Nikola Tesla: "Lighting, eh? I will take it as a challenge!"
    " Please, don't."

Izanami no Mikoto: "Mom?"

"I like Dancing! I like partying! I like music!"
    "Unfortunately, your taste is very irritant."

"I prefer to spend my free time enjoying a good book and a cup of tea, in peaceful silence."
    "Boooriiing! You are so boring."

"The grail? I don't really have a wish."
    "Really? I thought for certain you would want to get rid of me.
    "No, not having you around would feel weird."
    "uhh, really? Well, I do also appreciate your opinions... Sometimes... Like, very rarely..."

Last edited by the god of world-0; June 22nd, 2022 at 05:08 AM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Prepare for trouble!
    And make it double!
    To protect the world from devastation!
    To unite all peoples within our nation!
    To denounce the evils of truth and love!
    To extend our reach to the stars above!
    Justinian!
    Theodora!
    Team Byzantium blasts off at the speed of light!
    Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

"…"
    Hm. I think we need a mascot, Theodora.
    That’s right!

Ruler Justinian & Theodora

Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Caster, Rider, Assassin, Avenger
    True Name: Emperor Saint Flavius Petrus Sabbatius Iustianus Augustus & Empress Saint Theodora
    Nicknames: The Last Roman,Unlikeliest of the Saints
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Byzantine History

Info

Height: 185cm & 160cm
    Weight: 75kg & 65kg
    Dislikes: swans,illness,abusers of women
    Talents: administration,dancing
    Natural Enemy: ?
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Servant, Humanoid, Divine, Riding, Sovereign
    Armament: /
    Catalysts: The first brick of the Hagia Sophia.

Parameters

STR: C & D
    END: C & C
    AGI: D & C
    MAG: B & B
    LCK: D & B
    NP: A++

Class Skills

Magic Resistance B
    An innate ability that grants protection against magical effects. Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for either partner to be affected.

Theodora and Justinian are recognized as Saints by the Eastern Orthodox Church, despite their differences in religious expression: Theodora was a Miaphysite, Justinian a Chalcedonian. However, they healed one of the splits between the Byzantine Church and the Papacy, for which they were duly beatified.

True Name Discernment B
    The inherent ability of the Ruler Class to automatically discern the status information of other Servants. At this rank, the True Name and entire status information is automatically revealed to both partners. However, a Luck check is necessary to bypass concealment abilities.

A Skill given to Theodora and Justinian as a result of being summoned, not an innate ability. Interestingly, it seems that the information they get differs: Justinian gets the True Name and the parameters, whereas Theodora gets the Skills. However, as they are tied together by means of a telepathic link, they would need to deliberately withhold information from each other for this difference to matter.

God’s Resolution A
    The privilege accorded to the Ruler Class: the right to use Command Spells against Servants. Each half of Ruler carries one Command Spell per Servant participating in the Grail War. This is due to both sharing their power equally.

However, it seems that Justinian is more likely to use his Spells; Theodora prefers to use “soft” power to coerce Servants to do her bidding.

Territory Creation A
    A Skill normally given to the Caster Class. It is the ability to build a special terrain advantageous to oneself, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

As Justinian on his own would normally be a Caster, this Skill is his contribution to the Ruler partnership. More than any accomplishments as a magus, it represents his ability to expand his Empire, while also enriching Constantinople culturally.

Riding C
    A Skill normally given to the Rider Class. It is the ability to ride any manner of creature or vehicle. Dragon-type mounts are an exception, of course.

Of course Theodora was more famous for riding men than animals, but nonetheless she has been summoned as a Rider. Perhaps if her husband had been a Rider, it would have been she who would be a Caster...

Personal Skills

Lawgiver A++
    A Skill given to those Heroic Spirits who were instrumental in building the foundation of the modern legal systems across the world. Gives a bonus to parameters whenever one’s actions enforce “order”, whether it is by hiding the existence of the paranormal from mankind before they are ready or punishing those who have strayed from the right path and caused chaos.

During Justinian’s reign, the Codex Iuris Civilis was composed by Tribonian, a collection of three texts: the Codex, a compilation of imperial edicts; the Digest, an encyclopedia of writings of Roman jurists; finally, the Institutiones, a textbook for students in law.

Shrouded in Purple A
    A Skill that is unique to Theodora, because of her famous quote: “purple is the noblest shroud”. Purple was the color of emperors, so this quote means simply that it is better to die an emperor than to live as an exile.

However, due to Theodora’s beatification, the metaphorical shroud has become a true Holy Shroud. Due to Justinian nearly dying from the Bubonic Plague when they were alive, this cloth has gained immense fortifying abilities to one’s health.

Imperial Privilege B
    An ability to take the skills of one’s subjects for one’s own use, even those Ruler would not normally possess. At this rank, it is not possible to acquire Divinity, but then Ruler has no need of it, as they are Saints already. Additionally, Ruler’s rank in said skill is a full rank lower than they would be for the “real” owner.

For Justinian and Theodora, who surrounded themselves with the best and brightest of the Eastern Roman Empire, the list of relevant skills is long. This includes Military Tactics (B) from Belisarius, Librarian of Stored Knowledge (C) from Tribonian and Procopius, Golden Rule (C) from the tax collector John of Cappadocia, and more. Of course, the fact that neither of them is actually of noble blood doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Two As One C-
    A Skill for dual Servants: those who are summoned as one but have two bodies. As a result, they share a source of magical power but cannot go too far from each other. Ruler consists of Justinian I and Theodora, both fully-realized people with their own personalities, likes and dislikes. In fact, it is their partnership which qualifies as a Ruler: on his own Justinian would be a Caster, and Theodora a Rider or Assassin.

Should one of them be slain, the survivor will suffer a grievous blow both physically and mentally. However, this does not lead to immediate death, and as such it is an excessively dangerous idea to separate them and then kill them one-by-one, as the other is guaranteed to seek vengeance.

Noble Phantasm

[SIZE=4]Shrine of the Holy Wisdom of God[/SIZE]
    Hagia Sophia

Target: Anti-Army Barrier

A temple to rival Solomon’s Ars Paulina in beauty, if perhaps not in power. Built by Justinian’s command after the Nika riots, it was to be the greatest Church of them all. Its enormous dome, higher and broader than any other yet attempted, looked as if it was suspended from heaven by a single golden chain.

As a Noble Phantasm, the Hagia Sophia is a fortress as much as it is a church, of which Ruler can manifest only parts at a time because of its intense consumption. Its walls, forever untouched, can be used as a defensive armament; its altar automatically fortifies every Servant nearby; its relics, such as the True Cross, can be used to summon literal guardian angels to come to Justinian’s defense.

“Solomon, I have surpassed you!”
    Ohoho! Look upon the beauty of Byzantium, mortals!

Lore

Justinian:
    “Oh, dear old Justin. It has been a while since I’ve heard his name. I’m quite thankful to him, you know. Never would’ve become Emperor without him.”

The Emperor Justin I had been a peasant who had made it to the head of the Excubitors, who had made it to Emperor only through the previous Emperor’s superstition(1). He was illiterate and uneducated, but he was charismatic to the soldiers and was as orthodox as one could hope. Furthermore, he had an additional advantage: his nephew and adopted son, Justinian.

Justinian I, like his uncle originally a Thracian peasant, soon assumed control over the empire, and that was before being crowned Emperor. He was never as popular as his uncle had been, at one point very nearly abandoning Constantinople during the Nika Riots.

Despite this, however, his reign brought a Golden Age on the Western Roman Empire. On his orders the Roman law was condensed and made accessible to students, as the Codex Iuris Civilis. Many buildings, only some of which still stand today, were built, the greatest of which was the Hagia Sophia, the third and final Church of the Holy Wisdom. Greek poetry and art flourished, further making Constantinople beautiful beyond comparison.

Militarily, Justinian and his greatest general Belisarius battled the Vandals, the Huns, the Italians, the Goths, the Persians, and every other people that stood between him and his objective: the retaking of Rome. There could be no Roman Empire without its eponymous city. In this (despite numerous setbacks, including Justinian’s own meddling) they succeeded, although it was swiftly taken back once Belisarius had been recalled to fight on another front.

Finally, on the 14th of November at the age of sixty, he died in his sleep. He left his Empire more beautiful, more civilized, but also economically on the brink of despair, despite his efforts, which led his country into a depressive episode that Heraclius, forty years later, only barely managed to pull it back from.

(1)
    The story goes that old Anastasius invited all three of his nephews to dinner, and had three couches prepared on which they could afterwards take their rest. Under one pillow he slipped a piece of parchment, on which he had inscribed the word REGNUM; whichever nephew chose that particular couch would assume the throne. Alas, two of the young men, whose mutual affection seems to have gone somewhat beyond family feeling, chose to share the same couch; the marked one remained unrumpled. Finally it was revealed to the Emperor that his successor would be the man who first entered his bedchamber the next day: Justin. [adapted from J.J. Norwich’s Byzantium.]

Theodora:
    “Oh, don’t listen to silly old Procopius too much, dear. He says the oddest things…”

Theodora was born as far from nobility as it was possible to be: she was born the daughter of a bear-trapper and an acrobat. As a child she had become an actress; as a young woman, one of Constantinople’s most notorious courtesans. From there, she became the mistress of a civil servant, and finally met Justinian at a party for the Blues.

It was an unlikely rags-to-riches story, and more odd still that she proved to be an Empress in her own right, rather than a “mere” Empress Consort. She provided Justinian with counsel, and despite being an autocrat in every other aspect he listened to her advice.

During the Nika riots, for example, she stood her ground, exclaiming
    “May I myself never willingly shed my imperial robes, nor see the day when I am no longer addressed by my title. If you, my Lord, wish to save your skin, you will have no difficulty in doing so. As for me, I stand by the ancient saying: the purple is the noblest shroud.”

Even when Justinian had become a victim of the Bubonic Plague that spread through his Empire, she continued to reign in her own right while her husband laid on the brink of death. As Empress, she carried out good works: she built convents for ex-prostitutes, dealt with the corruption that had taken hold in the Empire, instituted the death penalty for rape, and made murder because of adultery illegal.

However, at the age of 48, she unexpectedly died. The cause is unknown, but probably cancer. Justinian wept at her funeral, and lived the final twenty years of his life alone.

Personalities

In marked contrast to most Rulers, Justinian and Theodora are oddly frivolous. Perhaps the best comparison would be a couple on a second honeymoon trip to some far-off locale. It would not be odd to see Justinian travel in a gaudy Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and flip flops, and Theodora in the local shopping streets. They will occasionally fight over minor quibbles such as the true nature of Christ, but in the end they are a remarkably well-adjusted couple.

Alone, Justinian will emerge as a heavy-handed autocrat, who will take control of the reins of power by himself. His energy is limitless, his need for sleep nonexistent, and his hunger for more ever-present.

Alone, Theodora will emerge as a paranoid control-freak, standing on the fine points of court ceremony to all who approach her as an Empress. Her past as a courtesan gives her a certain grace, but it certainly does not mean she is some common harlot anymore. If, indeed, she ever truly was.

Relationships

Belisarius:
    “Theodora, darling, please don’t be so sour. We can hardly make him a beggar again, can we?”
    “I suppose. A shame Antonina wasn’t summoned with him; she was always the more fun of the two.”

Romulus:
    “So you are the divine founder of Rome… Hmph. What pagan nonsense.”
    “Indeed. You are no Constantine the Great.”

Heraclius:
    “Finally, a worthy successor! If only you had been born a mere twenty years earlier. I should have crowned you Emperor myself.”
    “Don’t exaggerate, dear.”
    “Hm. Yes, well, perhaps I was caught up a little too much.”

Source:
    John Julius Norwich, A Short History of Byzantium.
    The Pokémon anime.

Creator Notes:
    Team Byzantium is blasting off again!
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful. Just… beautiful

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Team Rocket references are glorious, indeed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Guess I'm skipping this one. I had the idea of making a Cain and Abel (possibly Lily) duo sheet, but couldn't get it to be interesting enough. Also wooooork.

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth my initial idea was a Funny Vamp Lucretia & Cesare Borgia, but knowing that they look like children in Requiem turned that idea to ash pretty quickly.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lucretia is a loli? Goodbye to my mental image of an 'ara ara' woman voiced by Kikuko Inoue

Blog Entries
    Eh, no reason why the two of them can't be summoned in an older form.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

Appearance:

Source

True Name
    : Meir & Bruriah

Alignment
    : Lawful Good

Alternate Class: Ruler

Strength- D
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C+
    Mana- B+
    Luck- C
    NP- C++

Personality
    Meir: A gentle and easygoing person. His cheerful nature and dislike for conflict makes him seem like a ditz sometimes. For instance he tends to randomly take naps in broad daylight, and not even care if people steal his possessions while he's asleep. If people spit in his face or even rob him, he'll just greet it with a serene smile.

In reality it's not that Meir is unaware of things, or too weak-willed to stand up for himself. Rather, his aversion to conflict just means he prefers to "go with the flow" and avoid trouble. However, that entirely changes when defending someone else. While willing to laugh off slights to himself, he won't forgive those who'd harm innocent bystanders.

If he encounters anyone harming innocents Meir's normally placid demeanour will fade, replaced by a cold state of rage. In that case he'll devote himself utterly to repaying the transgressor, willing to call upon the full extent of his Kabbalistic magic against them if necessary. He prefers not to kill, but can be surprisingly ruthless in meting out punishments given his usually innocent personality. For instance he'd have no problem stringing up an evildoer in the town square "until they've learned their lesson".

Meir loves his wife Bruriah immeasurably. He's the far more openly affectionate of the two, as he often fawns over how cute she is and tries to randomly hug her, which is usually greeted by her with a kick or slap. Even though Bruriah normally shows a deadpan face, Meir is adept at reading her expressions. Just at a glance he can easily tell if she's happy or sad, and when to try to comfort her. Meir also shows a more playful side to him around his wife, frequently teasing her to see her flustered reactions.

Incidentally, he has a slightly kinky side and enjoys roleplay, particularly the teacher/student kind. There's an anecdote where Meir pretended to be one of his own students to seduce Bruriah while she was teaching in his place for the day. This anecdote was later misunderstood as him tempting her to have an affair with one of his students to prove that women are more weak-willed than men, but Meir himself insists that it was all in good fun.

"You should've seen her reaction when I revealed it was me. So cute!"

"...No, I seriously won't forgive for that. Even if you did make it up for me afterwards," Bruriah says pouting.

Beyond his freewheeling demeanour Meir is actually someone who carries deep regrets. He's troubled by how he couldn't save his former friend and teacher Elisha Ben Abuyah from falling into apostasy and madness. Though he convinces himself he had to kill Abuyah for the good of the world, Meir still wishes there could've been another way to resolve their conflict. One where nobody had to die, and they could embrace as friends again. That's the outcome he wishes for from the depths of his heart.

But as a Kabbalist- one whose sacred duty is to maintain the order of God's creation- Meir had no choice but to bare his blade and brutally suppress "abnormalities" in the world, which included his closest friend. His feelings as a human and his duty as a Kabbalist. Those were two things he never reconciled in his life.

Therefore, if he were to ever obtain the Holy Grail, Meir would wish for "an outcome where Elisha Ben Abuyah can be saved". It's not a plea born from his duties as one chosen by God, but Meir's own selflessly selfish wish. The single desire of one who once gave himself body and soul to save, not the world, but just one person he held dear.

Bruriah: A feisty and sharp-tongued girl. She always has a biting retort for those who act foolish around her, including her husband. Bruriah has a deadpan look on her face that makes her seem cold, but is actually a passionate woman with a wealth of emotions.

"You're never going to get a husband with that attitude young lady."

"I'm already married to you, you airhead!"

She often chews out Meir when he refuses to stand up for himself or tries to get overly affectionate with her. But though she won't admit it openly Bruriah loves her husband deeply. She considers him a truly kind person and even though that kindness often exasperates her, it's not something she could discard for the whole world.

Like her husband, Bruriah has a strong sense of justice and can't stand those who bully the weak. She particularly hates arrogant chauvinistic men who look down on and even abuse women. Bruriah has a fiercer temper than her husband so while Meir will first try to peacefully resolve the situation and only fight once the offender proves unable to reason with, she'll fly into a rage and try to beat them senseless the moment she sees someone oppressing others.

Bruriah is a very strong-willed girl. A bit too strong-willed in fact, as she tends to put all the burdens on herself to avoid worrying her friends. Meir always chews her out for this, saying she should feel comfortable telling him about her problems so he can support her.

Bruriah has no particular wish on the Holy Grail. She's satisfied with her lot in life, and for her just being by Meir's side is all she could ever desire. Thus, Bruriah is happy simply to support her husband's wish.

Likes: studying Torah, each other (both)/ taking naps, travelling, teasing Bruriah (Meir)/ taking arrogant people down a peg, sincere and diligent men (Bruriah)
    Dislikes: evildoers, ignorance (both)/ disrupting peace and quiet, having to choose between his friends and the world (Meir)/ chauvinists, when Meir acts too airheaded (Bruriah)
    Talents: Kabbalah (both)/ reaching out to lost souls (Meir)/ devising insults, ironclad will (Bruriah)
    Natural Enemy: Elisha Ben Abuyah

Skills
    Class Skills:

Territory Creation- B

The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself. Meir can establish a basic Workshop that serves as his study, stocked with papyrus scrolls. The study is layered with Kabbalic glyphs that bolster its defenses against intruders. Bruriah in turn favors creating a "Household" where she gains bonuses to all domestic tasks, such as cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc. She also obtains plus modifiers to her stats while defending it.

Item Construction- C+
    A talent to craft items tinted with magical energy. Both sides of Caster can create scrolls on which they can inscribe their Kabbalistic glyphs. These glyphs then serve as delayed spells, actualizing their contained mystery when Caster courses magical energy through them, which can even be done remotely. This lets Caster perform spells seemingly without incantation, though the spell in question has to be inscribed beforehand.

Meir in particular is also fairly adept at crafting Golems. He can create strong humanoid-type golems to serve as familiars, as well as (given sufficient time) prosthetic limbs and even organs by molding them from dirt. Meir is even fast enough that he can craft a full-body golem double of himself in the middle of combat, substituting it in his place to make it look like he took a lethal blow while escaping.

Personal Skills:

Kabbalist- A/C+
    An ancient Hebrew mystical tradition that centers around learning and manipulating the Names of God to evoke spiritual phenomena. This Skill serves as a variant of Rune Magic, as by reciting or inscribing Names of God one can evoke the desired thaumaturgical effects.

Meir was revered as one of the greatest Kabbalists in his era. He was taught by the great sage Elisha Ben Abuyah (before the latter's fall into villainy), and his prowess in the art went on to possibly eclipse even his master. Meir favors evoking the Archangel Raphael in his spells, specializing in wind and healing Magecraft. Like many Kabbalists he's also decently skilled at Golemancy, though that isn't his forte.

He also passed on some of his wisdom to his wife Bruriah. She's not as skilled as Meir himself, but receives a bonus when it comes to casting spells rapidly, based on the legend where she learned and recited 300
    laws
    Halachot
    in a single day. Unlike her husband, Bruriah favors spells that reinforce her body directly, letting her deliver powerful magic-infused punches and kicks to her foes. Her favorite spell evokes the heavenly chariot Merkava to create flaming chariot-wheels around her ankles, letting her greatly boost her mobility and propel herself through the air.

"Hmm, that fighting style isn't very ladylike Bru..."

"Oh? Do you think I'd look more ladylike kicking you in the face then?"

"...Sorry m'am! (She really is adorable all worked up like this though)."

Yichudim- EX
    A Skill denoting the masculine and feminine unifying principle in Kabbalistic mysticism. Meir and Bruriah together embody this principle due to being a husband-and-wife pair who equally shared their esoteric wisdom and dedicated themselves to God. As they each epitomize one half of the Divine duality, this Skill donates the pair Divinity at rank C.

Furthermore Meir and Bruriah obtain unique abilities reflecting the nature of their respective aspect. Meir wields the male principle, Tiferet, associated with emitting energy. From this he gains the Mana Burst Skill. As the yielding feminine role in their relationship (at least theoretically, those familiar with Bruriah's personality might doubt just how truly "yielding" she is) Bruriah bears the female principle, Malkuth, responsible for receiving the energy from Tiferet and nurturing it. This lends her Self-Replenishment (Mana), letting Bruriah passively draw magical energy from her surroundings to heal herself.

As a pinnacle trump card, Meir and Bruriah can combine their male and female affinities together. Using Bruriah's ability to absorb energy and Meir's ability to expel it in tandem, they first gather Mana from all across the surroundings, before releasing it in a gigantic beam towards the enemy. This is similar to the concept of a "perfect emitter" in physics, something that can absorb every electromagnetic waves and re-emit them. By fusing their active masculine energy and passive feminine energy, Meir and Bruriah can simulate this feat. Meir insists on calling out this attack as "Ultimate Love-Love Kabbalic Buster!", much to Bruriah's embarrassment.

"Come on, Bru. Let's show this miscreant the power of our love!"

"Do you have to give this speech every time? It's so embarrassing..."

"Yep, totally necessary. I've heard of something called 'Shonen manga' in this era and in it, ultimate attacks are always way more powerful if you call them out. It's a Halachic fact!"

"You're just saying that to justify your whims..."

Affection To The
    Acher
    Other One
    - B+/X

"Even if everyone else reviles him as a villain, I will--- never abandon that person."

This Skill is Meir's sublimated oath towards the man he once loved and was sorrowfully forced to kill.

Amongst all Abuyah's former colleagues Meir alone tried to reach out to him after his apostasy. Even as Abuyah cursed God and lashed out against the world, Meir still extended a hand of friendship to him, hoping to convince him to repent and return to Judaism. Although that effort proved in vain, and Meir ultimately had to kill his friend with his own hands to protect the world, he never forgot their time together. According to legend after winning their Kabbalistic duel Meir draped his cloak over Abuyah's dead body, honoring the fiend who'd once been his dearest friend.

A specialization of the Skill Discernment Of The Poor, this allows Meir to see the good intentions of people buried beneath their evil façade. At this rank even the faintest glimmer of goodness in an otherwise totally evil being can be clearly gleaned by Meir. From there, it's simply a matter of drawing that goodness to the surface.

Visually, this takes the form of ethereal butterflies swirling around the person, with good intentions shining gold and evil intentions being dyed ominously black.

When argumentation alone isn't enough to get through to the enemy, Meir also has a final card to play. A secret function of this Skill, that Meir only uses as a last resort because of its riskiness, both for himself and the opponent. He can literally dive into the target soul, entering their internal Reality Marble (for instance, if he used this ability on Shirou he'd find himself in a desolated wasteland filled with swords a la Unlimited Blade Works).

Here Meir can communicate with them telepathically, as well as glimpse their memories through the same mental link. He can also make the target relive through memories they'd forgotten/repressed. Inside the Reality Marble Meir faces a mental representation of the opponent, which is just the same as the real opponent.

This technique is risky because it basically forces Meir to confront the target on their own Reality Marble. If they reject him, he'll end up fighting on their home territory. Additionally if done carelessly Meir could end up accidentally destroying the target's mind, rendering them comatose or worse. Should Meir be killed within the mental world, he won't die in real life but simply be kicked back to reality with his Mana heavily exhausted.

The initial "diving" qualifies as a mental attack and can be defended against as such. Enemies with high mental resistance will be able to block out Meir from invading their psyches.

During his final battle with Abuyah, Meir used this technique in a desperate last effort to get through to his former friend. Sadly, it failed, as Meir found himself overwhelmed by the torrent of hatred and despair within Abuyah's soul. Before he could recover himself, he was expelled from the Reality Marble.

"Your sadness, your pain, your rage... I was too weak to accept those feelings. Instead of reaching out I ended up the one being repelled. Please, forgive me, Acher."

That even his best technique wasn't enough to save his friend, is truly Meir's deepest regret.

Until The Sabbath Ends- X/A

"Not yet... it's not over yet...! Until my friends are safe, and everyone can smile together happily... until that time, I won't allow myself to be weak or shed tears!"

A Skill born from the most famous episode illustrating Bruriah's mental strength.

One day during Sabbath two of her sons suddenly fell ill and died, while Meir was away at the temple conducting his observances. When he came back, Bruriah hid the bodies by covering them with a shroud, not wanting to disturb her husband's mind during his evening prayers. When she revealed the truth afterwards, she held Meir as he sobbed into her chest and consoled him with a parable.

This immense fortitude of will has been sublimated into Bruriah's Personal Skill. It allows Bruriah to ignore the effects of any damage she suffers until the end of the "Sabbath". In this case, the "Sabbath" equates to the current battle. In other words, this Skill gives her a unique variant of Battle Continuation.

While she can still get injured and feel pain, it won't affect her battle prowess nor show on her face. Even as her heart cries out in grief, even as her legs buckle from exhaustion, Bruriah will always put on a brave face and keep fighting for those she loves most. For her opponents, it's a terrifying sight. A mere young girl who keeps dragging herself up inhumanly no matter how broken her body becomes. For her allies, it's a sight just as awe-inspiring but far more tragic. A heroine who will never give up, even as her body gives out, sprinting gladly towards her own demise if it'd mean extending her friends' lives by just an instant. That, is just the sort of person Bruriah is.

That said, even willpower transcending one's flesh falls short of boundlessness. When
    Sabbath
    battle
    draws to a close all benefits of this Skill will wear off, resulting in Bruriah likely collapsing as the accumulated injuries she ignored take effect all at once. Since this Skill blocks out the effects of damage it makes difficult for Bruriah to gauge how wounded she is in the middle of battle, which can lead to overexerting herself.

Thankfully, Meir is always there to step in with healing Magecraft.

"You always work yourself so hard. It's okay to just take a break and let others handle things sometimes you know? Don't worry, I'll take care of you until you can move again..."

"Thank... you..."

Noble Phantasm
    Baal HaNes
    The God Of Meir, Answer Me!

Type: Support

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the story that gave Meir the epithet "
    Baal HaNes
    Master of Miracles
    ".

Bruriah's sister was captured by the Romans and sold into slavery at a brothel. To rescue her Meir went to the brothel himself carrying a bag of gold coins. Meir offered the money to the guard and demanded he let his sister-in-law go. The guard was tempted by the offer, but refused, fearing the punishment his superiors would levy at him for aiding a prisoner's escape.

In reply Meir told the guard that he had only to recite the words "The God Of Meir, answer me!" and he would be saved from whatever peril befell him. He proved this with a pack of wild dogs nearby. Meir threw stones at the dogs, making them lunge to tear him apart. Meir uttered the words, and the hounds instantly turned friendly and docile, ceasing their frenzied assault. Assuaged by this, the guard let Meir leave with his sister-in-law unscathed.

Later, when the Roman authorities found out the guard's laxity they tried to have him executed. They wrapped a thick rope around his neck and hoisted him up into the air to hang him. But the guard merely rasped out the words Meir had showed him.

"The God of Meir, answer me!"

As if responding to his desperate prayer, the rope snapped, letting the guard fall safely to the ground. The Romans were terrified of this display of divine power and let the man go. Thus Meir with his miraculous powers managed to outwit the whole Roman Empire and reunite Bruriah with her sister.

Sublimated as a Noble Phantasm, Meir can once more recite those words to call on divine power to his aid. It manifests as an all-purpose "miracle" that adapts to the needs of the situation Meir finds himself in. The effects can be anything from fraying a sturdy rope, to ensuring a hail of arrows miss their target or even warping space itself to bring Meir bodily out of an otherwise inescapable predicament. The only constant are that it will always be just enough to get Meir out of the situation. It also can't be used directly to hurt or kill someone, though destroying objects is fine.

While it was originally a Noble Phantasm Meir alone possesses, he later taught it to his wife Bruriah so she also can call upon this miracle. Since this Noble Phantasm comes solely from God, none of Caster's own Mana is required to invoke it. However this supreme act of divine intercession can only be brandished once in any given Holy Grail War. Given there's two of them, this equates to two usages of this Noble Phantasm before it's sealed altogether. Meir and Bruriah can also gift this Noble Phantasm to another, who can then use it the same way by invoking its True Name. That still counts as using up their own "stock" though.

So here's my second entry for the contest. After my Abuyah sheet I got the idea of doing one for his "rival" Meir too. Then I found out Meir's wife Bruriah was a pretty remarkable figure in her own right, so I decided to make them a combo Servant. That's when I realized it could work for the contest theme. I put quite a bit of effort into fleshing these two out, both personality and ability-wise, so I hope y'all enjoy it.

Also, before reading this sheet it's probably a good idea to read the backstory section for my Elisha Ben Abuyah, as some things might not make sense otherwise (though I tried to make it fairly clear in the Skill and personality flavor-text) since I deviated from his real-life history a fair bit. Basically, the important thing is that- in my version of the story- after Abuyah's turn to darkness Meir ended up being forced to kill him in a Kabbalic duel, which I already made clear in this sheet, but if you read the other one (ha) you'll get a better idea of how it's fleshed out.

As usual when I post up two entries, when voting time comes if you like both of them around equally much be sure to vote for the one that's currently most popular. That way I'll have the best shot at winning something.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 25th, 2023 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Decided to bracket Skills section since it got quite big

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Archer of Salisbury
    "Servant Archer, at your service! I may not look like much, but this little lady's still got a lot of fight in her!"
    "Grrrrr..."
    "Shush now, that's not how you greet our Master. Ahem, this little one is Shuck, my companion. Don't be afraid of him, Master. I'll put him back in line if he ever acts out."
    *Whimper*

The Hunter

The Beast

Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Rider, Berserker

True Name: Mary Amelia Cecil, Hellhound
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Britain (18th century)

Parameters:

STR: C/B
    END: B/B
    AGI: B/A
    MGI: E/C
    LCK: A/E

Likes: Hunting, literature, music, sewing, firearms/Hunting, treats, fetch
    Dislikes: Boring people, "shameful" acts/Troublesome prey, punishment from the mistress
    Talent: Hunting, writing, sewing/Hunting. fear tactics
    Natural Enemy: Hessian Lobo
    Armament: Hunting rifle, traps
    Catalyst: Remains of her handmade clothing, charred with ashes

Class Skills
    Independent Action

The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master.At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. Archer may stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.

Madness Enhancement

The class skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. A skill not belonging to Archer herself, rather, to the phantom spirit contracted to her. Yet as a terrifying beast devoid of human reason to begin with, it is hard to gauge the effects of this skill. That said, the effects of this madness enhancement can seemingly be temporarily suppressed whenever Archer scolds the beast, reminiscent of an owner scolding a misbehaving pet. The image of the terrifying otherworldly canine turning meek before Archer's small stature makes one wonder if perhaps Archer was the one possessing Madness Enhancement all along.

Personal Skills
    Sharpshooter

A composite skill consisting of Marksmanship and Aiming, denoting one who is highly proficient at firing firearms or other projectile weapons accurately. Archer was known as an accomplished hunter in life, still going on hunting trips well into her old age. This grants her mastery over various shooting techniques such as quick draws and trick shots, as well as the accuracy to hit targets within a far distance from her position. Underneath the smile of a seemingly sheltered noble lady lies the ruthless soul of a hunter.

Battle Continuation

A skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. While Archer herself has no recorded anecdote of surviving mortal wounds, she possesses this skill at a decent rank due to her insistence to hunt in her old age, even as her bodily functions began to fail her. Grants increased survivability rate when damaged by things that could gradually shut down her bodily functions, such as poisons and curses. Furthermore, this skill also receives another plus modifier due to her contract with the phantom spirit hellhound, as the beast was often linked to concepts of death and the afterlife.

Shapeshift (Shadow)

A skill that refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. A skill belonging to Archer's companion, the phantom spirit hellhound, born from conflicting accounts of the beast's true appearance. While he usually takes the form of a hound shrouded in shadows, he can grow in size or split into numerous copies of himself to corner his target.

Mana Burst (Flame)

A version of Mana Burst that infuses weapons with Magical Energy that imparts a flame effect. Born from the hellhound's ties to the underworld, the hellhound can expend mana to cover himself in flames, increasing his power. Archer seems slightly hesitant to activate this skill within her vicinity, however. She claims that she wishes to avoid collateral damage, but other than that, it seems that the flames also remind her of her final moments.

Hollow Lament of the Falsely Living

The ability to release a terrifying, inhuman howl that deprives both enemies and allies of their ability to think, imposing them with a sense of dread and impending, inescapable doom. In European legends, hearing the hellhound's ominous howl may already be an omen or a cause of death. This powerful ability to strike the utmost fear to the hearts of people has granted this skill a high rank.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Bullet Marked with the Stench of Certain Death
    M
    ark of the Hellhound

Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: 1

"Oh my, it appears our prey is getting away. Shuck, be a dear and fetch them for me, would you?"
    "Grrr... Bark!!"

A Noble Phantasm born from legends of the hellhound throughout England; how wounds inflicted by the hound can never heal, and how the hellhound will always find their way to their intended prey, no matter what. Taking the form of a mana-infused bullet, this Noble Phantasm marks the target as an inevitable prey to the hellhound. This Noble Phantasm's damage is akin to a normal bullet, aside from the fact that wounds inflicted by the bullet cannot fully heal as long as Archer and the hellhound remains in this world. In that sense, it imposes damage over-time effects to the target.

A secondary effect is applied once the bullet found its mark; the bullet wound acts in a manner similar to a tracking device, allowing Archer to discern the target's location at any time. Afterwards, by expending a large amount of mana, it is possible for Archer to turn the bullet wound into a catalyst of sorts to summon the hellhound directly to the target's location, allowing him to finish them off. Archer rarely invokes this teleportation spell, however, due to the high mana cost. Furthermore, as this Noble Phantasm lies within the hellhound's concept of "inevitability", it can only be used on one target at a time. The bullet can only be reproduced once the previous target who bears the hellhound's mark is truly dead.

The Lady's Infernal Hunting Grounds
    Hatfield Manor

Range: 1-20
    Max Targets: 20 people

"Oh, would you look at that, Shuck!? Our prey is fighting for their life! That's cute, don't you think? Ufufu, their resistance only makes this hunt all the more fun!"
    *Concerned whimper​*

A Noble Phantasm recreating Archer's final moments, achieved by temporarily binding the hellhound's spirit to her own. Upon its activation, both Archer and her targets are whisked into a reality marble where Archer spent her final moments in life; her massive manor, swallowed in flames. While she cannot summon the hellhound to fight in this manor, having bonded its soul to her own for the duration of this Noble Phantasm, Archer turns this flaming manor into her personal "hunting ground", where she may freely pick off her targets one by one with her rifle. Even if her targets were able to avoid Archer herself, the manor is rife with falling debris and noxious smoke which can prove lethal on its own. All the while, Archer herself is effectively invulnerable within this manor. Having tied herself with the hellhound's concept of death, she is effectively considered "already dead" for the duration of this Noble Phantasm, making it impossible for her to receive any further damage within this manor. Of course, manifesting this Noble Phantasm takes a heavy toll on Archer's mana, allowing her to maintain it for up to an hour before collapsing. Afterwards, it would take her at least half a day to gather mana before she could fight again.

Description
    Archer's True Name is Mary Amelia Cecil, Marchioness of Salisbury, a British aristocrat, Tory political hostess, hunter, and sportswoman. She has formed a contract of sorts with the phantom spirit Hellhound, a supernatural dog found in folklore around the world, particularly around Europe.

Despite being summoned in a younger body, Archer still conducts herself similarly to an old lady, preferring to spend her time indoors with a good book, music, or sewing. She claims this to be a force of habit, due to the memories of her later years, as well as her noble upbringing. Witty, intelligent, and outspoken, as well as possessing more than a few life advice under her belt, Archer presents herself as "the ideal Georgian-era grandmother/housewife".

Of course, that's not all there is to her. Underneath her gentle persona, Archer shows interest towards action and firearms, particularly firearms normally used in hunting. Should she ever go hunting once again, she exhibits a completely different side of her; a hot-blooded, even sadistic woman single-mindedly devoted to end her prey. This side of her clashes terrifyingly with her usual persona, as one may see her smile and laugh joyously as she incapacitates her target with bullets, or as the hellhound tears them limb to limb. As a hunter, most of the time, Archer prioritizes efficiency; preferring to give a swift, painless end to her prey. Yet the more her prey fights back, the more it seems to awaken something in her, as she gradually focuses her efforts to inflict the most amount of damage to her target, incapacitating them one vital organ at a time without killing them, all while maintaining the same angelic smile on her face. After showing that side of her personality, she would normally retreat back into herself and get flustered for hours on end, believing that side of her to be "unladylike". Of course, should she ever go hunting again, her "S" switch would be flipped right back on, as much as she tries to deny it.

The hellhound acts as a terrifying beast befitting of his reputation, mostly acting as a silent guardian to Archer, observing others from afar and occasionally letting out unsettling howls and growls around those he doesn't trust. Yet around Archer herself, he seems to turn into a meek, docile puppy who enjoys belly rubs and playing fetch. How did the terrifying hellhound turn into such a docile pet? Was it fear? Archer seems to imply that the she crossed paths with him in life, yet whenever anyone asks her regarding her relationship to the terrifying beast, she always seems to dodge the question with a smile.

...Wait, who exactly is the real "terrifying beast" between the two here?

Lore
    Mary Amelia Cecil (born Mary Amelia Hill) was born in 1750, the daughter of Wills Hill, 2nd Viscount Hillsborough (later 1st Earl of Hillsborough and 1st Marquess of Downshire). In 1773 she married James Cecil, Viscount Cranborn of Hatfield House, Hertfordshire. Her new husband was the only son and heir of the 6th Earl of Salisbury and, just seven years after their marriage, James became the 7th earl and Emily Mary his countess (the couple were later elevated in the peerage to the 1st Marquess and Marchioness of Salisbury). Lady Salisbury was known as a prominent political hostess (a Tory and a fervent supporter of the monarchy) and was also a keen and talented sportswoman. It is perhaps unkind to describe her as eccentric, but she certainly paid little heed to many conventional norms as she determinedly walked her own path.

A trendsetter rather than a follower, Lady Salisbury was often to be seen in clothes of her own design and she rode enthusiastically to hounds well into her dotage, dressed in a sky blue riding habit with black collar and cuffs, a hunting cap on her head. Her slight frame belied her strength and she had almost limitless energy. She took over the ownership of the Hertfordshire hounds in 1793 when her husband was forced by ill-health to resign his mastership and moved the kennels lock, stock and barrel to Hatfield House; they were subsequently known as the Hatfield hounds.

Described as pretty, witty, intelligent and outspoken, she was married – reasonably happily it would seem – for thirteen years before having four children in quick succession, Georgiana Charlotte Augusta (1786), Emily (1789), James Brownlow William (1792) and Caroline (1793). Sadly, the youngest, Caroline, died in childhood and Lady Salisbury was widowed in 1823.

As the years passed and, well into her 70s, Lady Salisbury continued to run rings around people half her age; she was affectionately known as ‘Old Sally’. Even when her eyesight was failing and she had to be tied into her saddle, she still rode with the hunt.

The manner of Old Sally’s death was just as unconventional as her life had been. She had remained at Hatfield House after her husband’s death, living with her son, his wife and her grandchildren in her own apartments consisting of two suites of rooms. In the early morning of November 27, 1835, a massive fire broke out in her residence. Its cause was unclear, but later it was believed that one of Sally's handwoven clothes had caught fire, which quickly spread and engulfed her residence in flames. Her son had managed to escape safely from the burning house, taking his wife and children with him. Unfortunately, before he could return to get his mother, the flame had grown too large. By the time the fire subsided, all that remained of the eccentric marchioness was some bone fragments and charred pieces of clothing.

...Yet the real truth of Old Sally's demise was unknown to history. Old Sally was spending that fateful early morning in her room, writing her memoir, when she received an otherworldly visitor; a vicious hellhound sent from the netherworld to claim her soul. The hound's flaming body quickly engulfed the manor in flames, ensuring that there was no escape for Sally. Yet for the old lady, who was an avid hunter, what she felt was not fear, as she believed her time was almost up. She grabbed her trusty rifle, locked herself in her room with the infernal hound to ensure her family's survival, and set off on one last hunt. The result of this hunt was unknown, and even if the old lady had survived the hound, she would most likely succumb to the smoke and falling debris regardless. Yet seeing the hellhound's meek demeanor around her, perhaps..?
    Relationships
    Emiya (Assassin):
    *Stares curiously at his weapons*
    "A-Ahem, my sincerest apologies, that was unbecoming of me! Still, though... Would you mind teaching me how to craft this Origin Bullet? Ever since I was summoned here, I've farmed my fair share of beasts and magical creatures. Having some anti-magic weapons should be quite helpful."

Osakabehime, Tomoe Gozen:
    "This is... ef-pee-es, you say? Ufufu, sounds fun. Hm? Is that a challenge, I hear? I'd be happy to take you on, ufufu."

Billy the Kid, Robin Hood, William Tell, Calamity Jane, Anne Bonny and Mary Read:
    "Oh my, Chaldea sure has their fair share of exceptional marksmen. Perhaps we should go on a hunting trip together sometimes?"

Hessian Lobo:
    "Oh, would you look at that, Shuck? You've made a friend! You two better get along now..."
    "Grrr..."
    "Or else ❤❤❤"
    *Whimper*

Sherlock Holmes:
    "Oh, Sir Detective, you've met a hellhound as well before? Ahem, allow me to apologize on his behalf. He does tend to... misbehave when there's no one to keep him in check ❤❤❤"
    *Terrified whimper*
    "Oh, it wasn't a real hellhound? Ufufu, is that so?"
    *Relieved sigh*

Creator's Notes
    Whew, second entry. As Royd said, if you happen to like both my entries equally, vote for whichever one is more popular at the moment.

Anyway, I just read about this woman yesterday, and I think she'd be pretty fun as a Servant. Not much info on her wikipedia page, so my source came from here. Besides her eccentric feat of going hunting in her 70's, there really wasn't much else to work with to turn her into a Servant, until I thought of fusing her with the phantom spirit hellhound (the name, Shuck, is a reference to the Black Shuck, one of the hellhounds found in British folklore). Then the idea of fusing her with a phantom spirit with whom she shared almost no connection with (other than presumably having possessed hunting dogs to help her) pretty much evolved into an in-universe explanation regarding her last moments where she sort of bonded(?) with the hound. The image of an old lady in her 80's beating the everliving shit out of an infernal beast bringing certain death and winning is simply too hilarious to pass up.

As a footnote, if summoned in her later years, her FC would be the Granny from Sylvester and Tweety. Unfortunately I couldn't find a cool enough FC with that character.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 17th, 2020 at 01:25 AM.

Lancer/Caster

"Ah, beloved, it appears we have been summoned."
    "Indeed we have, my Empress. Greetings, Master! I am Justinian I of the Lancer-class! Next to me is my wife and partner in delegations."
    "Greetings, Master. I am Empress Theodora of the Caster-class. I hope you will prove worthy to be our master."

True Name: Flavius Petrus Sabbatius Iustinianus Augustus (Justinian I) & Theodora
    Epithets: The Last Roman, The Emperor Who Never Sleeps (Justinian), The Queen Behind the Throne (Theodora)
    Class: Lancer (Justinian), Caster (Theodora)
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Rider, Ruler (Both), Caster, Berserker (Justinian), Lancer, Assassin (Theodora)
    Alignment: Lawful Good (Justinian), Lawful Neutral (Theodora)
    Attribute: Earth
    Origin: Historical Fact — Roman History (6th Century AD)
    Likes: Rome, justice (Justinian), women’s rights, political scheming (Theodora)
    Dislikes: Barbarians, rowdy sports fans (Justinian), prostitution (Theodora)
    Talent: Architecture (Justinian), Governance (Theodora)
    Natural Enemy: Gilles de Rais, Hannibal Barca, Spartacus
    Armament: Holy Spear of Longinus (Justinian), holy relics (Theodora)
    Traits: Brynhildr's Beloved, Divine, Female, Humanoid, King, Male, Roman, Servant, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: The crowns of Justinian and Theodora

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LUK: A+
    NP: EX

Personality
    Justinian is a man of enormous ambition and is a hard working, diligent man to the point where one can fairly label him as a “workaholic” due to his extreme work ethic. He pours his all into his empire and his dream of unifying the Roman Empire. He has accomplished a great many things, but despite this he is an incredible humble man who is quite kind and approachable. He is a man of great passion and love, as evident of his wife. When it comes to Theodora, Justinian is completely smitten with her and is often deferring to her more often than not. The only thing that comes close to his love of Theodora is his love of Rome. Justinian has a strong desire to see Rome rebuilt, and still seeks to return the empire to its former glory.

Theodora on the other hand is the more politically savvy of the two. She is intelligent, cunning, and manipulative. In contrast to her husband, Theodora is proud and haughty, holding herself with a regal air and indulging in luxury that her position provided. She was largely the power behind the throne during Justinian’s reign, but despite what some may think, Theodora does truly care and love Justinian. She is a natural born ruler and will actively work to assume control of leadership if the position presents itself. If there was one thing she hated above all else it is prostitution and the ill treatment of women in general. She greatly influenced her husband to expand the rights of women under their reign. She is easily moved by the plight of her fellow women and will work to assist them if they are in need.

Lore
    Justinian and Theodora were the Emperor and Empress of the Eastern Roman Empire — better known as the Byzantine Empire — who ruled from 527 to 565 (to 548, in Theodora’s case). Justinian was heir to the Byzantine throne when he met Theodora, who was by profession a courtesan and some twenty years his junior. Theodora served as Justinian’s mistress and he loved her dearly and desired to marry her, which he couldn’t do as law forbade him from marrying outside his class. Eventually this law was repelled by his uncle and then Emperor, Justin I, thus allowing them to marry. In 527 they ascended to the rank of Emperor and Empress.

As Emperor, Justinian I was a prolific builder, a great codifier, legislator, a devout Christian. Justinian was a man of large views and great ambitions, tireless energy, and an unusual grasp of detail. In attempting to restore the Byzantine Empire to the territorial extent of the Old Roman Empire, he became known as the Last Roman, even if his ambition ultimately failed. He completely revised all of Roman law and under the direction of his wife, Theodora, he passed laws that protected prostitutes and allowed greater rights to women under his empire. Theodora herself played a major role in the running of his empire and was more or less his chief advisor, and even assumed control of the empire when Justinian was put into a plague induced coma. It is said that when she passed away in 548, Justinian wept bitterly at her funeral and was despondent for days to come.

Justinian, however, had a habit of choosing efficient, but unpopular advisers, which nearly cost him his throne when partisans of the chariot racing factions in Constantinople united in revolt against him. Justinian considered fleeing but stayed at the prompting of Theodora, who refused to see a day where she wasn’t the Empress. Justinian rallied the forces loyal to him and had the revolters slaughtered and at the insistence of Theodora, executed the man they had proclaimed to be Emperor.

Following the Nika revolt, Justinian and Theodora rebuilt and reformed Constantinople, building many marvelous structures, with the most famous among them being the Hagia Sophia. Their legal work and the magnificent Hagia Sophia had won them unending fame, and the literature, poetry, and philosophical achievements of their contemporaries bear witness to the outstanding quality of the 6th-century civilization in the Byzentine Empire. Justinian and Theodora are credited as some of the rulers in late Roman and early Byzantine history. Their achievements in the fields of art, architecture, legal reform, and conquest are remarkable when placed among the standards set by other historical leaders. It is no exaggeration to say that they are some of the most influential rulers in both Byzantine and European history. The impact of their legacy and influence can still be felt even today.

Skills
    Class Skills:

Divinity: D
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. As both of them are Eastern Orthodox Saints, they each possess low level divinity.

Item Construction (False): A
    A Skill that acts as an equivalent of Item Construction due to the user's lack of magus aptitude. Theodora does not obtain the Item Construction Skill because she was not a magus. However, an ability equivalent to it due to the existence of the Hagia Sophia and the relics contained within. All tools that can be created (that can be retrieved from the Noble Phantasm) are “items inside the temple”.

Magic Resistance: A
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, Justinian is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title him a "Magus Killer".

Territory Creation: EX
    It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. For Theodora, her Noble Phantasm “Hagia Sophia” acts as her territory, which is superior to a “Temple”.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule (Body): B
    A Skill that denotes the possession of a natural and perfect goddess-like body, preserving beauty. Unlike the Natural Body Skill whose body shape does not change despite how much caloric intake was taken, there is no effect on the Skill owner's Strength parameter. Texts from the time of the Byzantine Empire often make mention of Theodora’s incredible beauty. Her beauty in combination with her intelligence and her personality is what attracted Justinian to her.

Holy King: A
    A skill which gives advantages against demonic enemies and non-Saint divinities. As Emperor, Justinian was a champion and nursing father of the Orthodox Church, and brought the enemies of Christianity to justice.

Imperial Privilege: A
    An ability that, due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time. In cases when the Rank is А or above, even the "burden to the body" can be acquired (such as Divinity). For Theodora the relevant Skills are economics, fine arts, religion, Military Tactics, Charisma, and others.

Last of the Romans: EX
    A unique Skill given to those who are said to be the last to truly embody the spirit and identity of the Roman empire. It is a composite Skill that combines the effects of Charisma, Golden Rule, and other skills. It is a Skill granted to Justinian through partly succeeding in reforming the Roman Empire. As Emperor it would seem that his A-Rank in Imperial Privilege has become combined with this Skill.

Noble Phantasms
    Corpus Juris Civilis
    The Code of Justinian

Range: 1~10
    Maximum Number of Targets: 10

In life, under Justinian's rule, a corrupt, bloated, and sluggish legal system was reformed and restored under a comprehensive four part collection of fundamental works in jurisprudence that served as the sole source of law in the Empire known as the Corpus Juris Civilis. Upon being rediscovered in the West, it became the foundation documents of the Western legal traditions and it continues to have a major influence on public international law in the modern day.

As a Noble Phantasm it manifests itself as a powerful mental interference attack that targets Western Servants from during and after his reign. Upon activation, targeted Servants are put under immense mental pressure to obey any order given to them by Justinian, even if said order would normally go against their own moral code. This is similar in effect to a Command Seal, but unlike a Command Seal, orders given through Corpus Juris Civilis have more limitations. For example, an order from Justinian can’t make a Noble Phantasm exceed its normal maximum output and perform actions beyond its normal scope. Resisting these orders is possible for a Servant, and they won’t feel any pain from doing so, they are however under a great mental compulsion to follow them regardless. A Servant with appropriate defenses against mental interference will have a less difficulty resisting orders from Justinian compared to Servants who lack these defenses.
    The only Servants who are truly immune to this Noble Phantasm are Servants who are from the East or were born prior to Justinian’s reign. If he attempted to use this Noble Phantasm on them, it would simply have no effect.

Holy Spear of Longinus
    The Spear of Destiny

Type: Anti-Evil
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum Number of Targets: 100

The sacred weapon used by Lucius Longinus to pierce the side of Jesus while He was on the Cross. It was once a normal weapon, but when it was used to pierce the side of Jesus Christ, it gained the properties of something akin to both a Conceptual Weapon and Divine Construct. It is the holiest of all spears, regarded in the same light as Rhongomyniad, the Holy Lance of King Arthur. No armor can stand against the Holy Spear, but items of holy origins can rival for a few blows. Despite its nature as a holy weapon, the lance came about as the “weapon that pierces the Son of God” which gives it Anti-Divine properties. It is said that the lance was held within the Hagia Sophia along with the other relics of Christianity that were stored in the temple. For this reason, Justinian can wield the Holy Lance as though it was his own weapon when summoned under the Lancer Class.

Upon release of its True Name, the spear transforms into a pillar of the most radiant light, acting as a connection between Heaven and the world. This light can be said to be the “purity of Jesus Christ after His blood coated the spear.” Because of its connection to Heaven, the weapon displays advantage against beings that are considered demonic by Biblical law, such as vampires and dragons. However, if the spear is used against those who follow the Christian faith, its power is considerably weaker. When released, the spear fires a magnificent beam of radiant light, and all things that find themselves in its path will be crushed and annihilated by this holy light.

Hagia Sophia
    Shrine of the Holy Wisdom of God

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army/Anti-Demon
    Range: 90
    Maximum Number of Targets:

Largely considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture, the Hagia Sophia is said to have changed the history of architecture forever. Once the world's largest building, the focal point of the Eastern Orthodox Church, the principal setting for Byzantine imperial ceremonies and the largest cathedral for millennia. Upon completion of this grand structure, Justinian proclaimed “Solomon, I have surpassed thee!” and dedicated this grand cathedral to the Wisdom of God. The Greek Orthodox Christian Patriarchal Cathedral is Justinian and Theodora's masterpiece to their contributions to Christianity and was said to house a large collection of relics of Christendom stored within. It is a Noble Phantasm that both Justinian and Theodora have access to, but as a Caster, Theodora is the only one capable of establishing it as her territory.

The Hagia Sophia is manifested at its prime from under their reign, and is not only a gallery of incredible art and architecture, but also holds a vast collection of Holy Relics that can be used as individual Mystic Codes or Noble Phantasms. It also contains the Weeping Column, a column with bronze plates on the lower section and a hole in the middle of one of them. It is said that the moistness of the column is the tears of the Virgin Mary herself and that Justinian had once cured a terrible headache by merely leaning on this column. As such the Weeping Column is capable of healing minor injuries and afflictions, both natural and magical.

According to another legend, it is said that the Devil was imprisoned deep within the crypts of the Hagia Sophia. As such the Hagia Sophia holds a conceptual advantage against demonic beings and those descended from them. Those of demonic origin who set foot within the Hagia Sophia will find themselves weakened and trapped within the depths of the Hagia Sophia, only being allowed to leave if Justinian or Theodora allows it.

The final treasure of the Hagia Sophia is the Emperor’s Door, which is the largest door in the entire temple and was used solely by the Emperor and his bodyguards. According to Eastern Roman sources, the door itself was made from the would of Noah’s Ark itself. As a result the Door retains a portion of the Ark's conceptual power. When the door is opened by the owner of the Hagia Sophia, it can summon any of the beasts that were housed within the Ark. This allows Justinian or Theodora to call upon everything from common beasts to those of the Phantasmal ranks, up to including some members of the Dragon Kind. These creatures act as familiars for Justinian and Theodora and if either had been summoned under the Rider Class, most of the creatures summoned would have acted as their mounts. However, this aspect of their Noble Phantasm can drain Magical Energy quickly, especially when they call upon the more powerful creatures at their disposal.

Voice Lines
    Ascension:

1st Ascension:
    T: "Hmm? Do you think this is acceptable, Magus? You'll have to work harder if you want us to reach the peaks of our glory."
    J: "Ah... Sorry, Master. Theodora can be a bit of a demanding taskmaster. But don't get her wrong, we both appreciate your efforts!"

2nd Ascension:
    J: "This Ascension process is truly amazing! To think there would be something like it!"
    T: "Your enthusiasm is infectious, love. But don't get carried away. After all, our Master hasn't completed their task."
    J: "Standards are high as always, I see."

3rd Ascension:
    T: "Better, I suppose. I do believe your efforts deserve a reward, but only after you work is complete. For now, just accept my thanks."
    J: "And mine as well! We have come a long way thanks to you, Master!"

4th Ascension:
    J: "This... This is amazing! Truly your heart was determined to bring us this far! Look! Even Theodora is at a loss for words!"
    T: "...! H-Husband! Please, don't embarrass me so! In any case, Master, your hard work is commendable. I, the Empress of the Eastern Roman Empire, thank you for all your efforts. If permitted, I will continue to follow you on your journey until its end. This is the best gift I think I could offer you at this time."
    J: "I as well. If my wife believe you to be a Master worthy following, then so do I!"

Bonds:

Bond Lv. 1:
    T: "Though we come from humble beginnings, my husband and I are royalty, Magus. Show your gratitude at having us coming to your call."
    J: "My dear, please don't be too harsh on our Master..."

Bond Lv. 2:
    J: "Master, how do you feel about Rome? Was it not the grandest of civilizations?"
    T: "Dear, are you about to preach the wonders of Rome to our Master?"
    J: "Certainly! Why not? Rome is the pinnacle of civilization!"
    T: "*sigh* Try not to overwhelm them, will you?"

Bond Lv. 3:
    T: "You have many other Servants, Master. Is that perhaps because you were repeatably trying to summon my beloved husband and I?"
    J: "Ah, I wouldn't blame them if they were, Theodora. After all, who wouldn't want to summon your beauty?"
    T: "Fufufu... You flatter me, Justinian. But you are not wrong. Well, Master? Is that true?"

Bond Lv. 4:
    T: "The Hagia Sophia is our masterpiece. It is a Noble Phantasm that so intrinsically linked to each of us that we can manifest it regardless of class. Rejoice in being able to bask in its holy presence!"
    J: "Indeed it is quite a gem in our vast list of accomplishments."
    T: "'Quite a gem'? Wasn't it you who said 'Solomon! I have surpassed thee'!?"
    J: "Ah. I do recall saying that. I was just trying to be humble."
    T: "I believe that shipped sailed the moment you proclaimed our cathedral greater than the First Temple."

Bond Lv. 5:
    T: "You've done very well, Master. Perhaps you are worthy to be our Master after all."
    J: "That's high praise coming from you, my love."
    T: "Hmph. I feel as though they have earned it, no?"
    J: "Indeed, I think they have proven to be a fine Master!"

Other:

Dialogue 1:
    J: "Do you like sports, Master? They are fun so long as things don't get too political..."
    T: "You need not worry about that any longer, husband. It isn't likely to be a problem of our's now that we are Servants."

Dialogue 2:
    T: "I grow bored. Shall we go find something to entertain us, Justinian?"
    J: "Of course, my dear. Master would you like to join us?"

Dialogue 3:
    J: "Theodora?"
    T: "Yes, Justinian?"
    J: "I love you."
    T: "I-Idiot! Don't say such things when we are in the company of others! ...I love you too."

On The Holy Grail:
    J: "If given the chance I would wish for the return of the Roman Empire! It was my dream in life to restore it back to its glory!"
    T: "I don't have any real wish for myself, so aiding Justinian is restoring the empire is a goal I will happily share... provided I'm empress in the end. Fufufu..."

Something You Like:
    J: "Rome of course!"
    T: "Heh. I knew you'd say that."

Something You Hate:
    T: "Prostitution is nothing more than vile shackles placed upon women. Never again will women under my rue suffer such indignities!"
    J: "Speaking with such passion! Truly this is the woman I fell in love with!"

Birthday:
    J&T: "Happy birthday, Master!"
    T: "Though you are below us in station, we shall impart a gift upon you!"
    J: "Got anything in mind? I'm sure we can accommodate you!"

Relationships
    Roman Servants:
    J: "Gah! Great Heroes of the Roman Empire!"
    T: "My beloved is starstruck! I feel a tad envious now."

Romulus/Romulus-Quirinus:
    J: "*hyperventilating*"
    T: "Husband! Breathe!"
    J: "It's... The... Founder...!"
    T: "Yes, dearest, I understand who it is but please calm yourself!"
    J: "ROMAAAAAAA!!"

Spartacus:
    J: "Err... We should probably leave before this rebel directs their attention to us."
    T: "Justinian, don't you dare flee from this hulk of unsightly muscles! We are the Emperor and Empress of the Byzantine Empire!"
    J: "Ah... Yes, dear."

Boudica:
    J: "I know your people have suffered under... some misguided descions made in the empire's past, but do you think they would have reconsidered joining if the oppertunity were presented?"
    T: "Love, I fear that you are wasting your time with this one. I don't think you can united Britain under our tule outside of conquest."

Arthuria Lancer:
    J: "That spear... Could it be... Longinus?"
    T: "No. It is similar but that spear is different than the Holy Lance. But, could it also be touched by the light of God somehow?"

Belisarius:
    T: "Oh. Look who it is."
    J: "Theodora, please be nice."
    T: "OH. I'm perfectly nice."

Creator Notes
    Okay, so right off the bat this was a difficult prompt for me. I struggled to find a good concept to work with and in the end I'm not wholly satisfied with what I had. I was originally going to do the Trung Sisters but a better concept was already made. So after some digging around I eventually decided on these two. Now, doing the crunch of the profile was easy enough, but I completely struggled with the fluff; most notably the Lore section. I don't know, but writing the Lore part was just mentally exhausting for me and I tried to simplify it as much as I could.

Now for the actual meet up the profile. Skills were fun to come up with, especially for a Servant that holds two different classes. The Last of the Romans skill was an idea I came up with just on a whim. I felt like I wanted a skil lto represent Justinian's dedication to Rome and then the rest sort of just came about. Originally he was going to have Imperial Privilege as a separate skill with Theodora, but then I thought it would be interest since he is emperor that it just became combined with the skill.

Noble Phantasms were fun to make, but required a bit of research. The spear was interesting since I knew the Hagia Sophia held Christian relics and originally I was going to have Justinian be a Saber with Goliath's Sword, but when I learned the Lance of Longinus was actually in the temple so I changed my plans. Despite Longinus being a Servant himself, there is no real info on his NP, which means I had to use whatever bare bones info I found and had to make up the rest. Not really a big deal, but I would have wanted a more accurate possible NP when that info does come around.

Hagia Sophia was interesting to come up with cause there are a lot of legend about it. So coming up with abilities wasn't too difficult. In essence it is basically Gate of Babylon Lite, with a bunch of fancy relics inside that they can pull out whenever they need. The fact they have a door supposedly made from Noah's Ark was a fun thing to learn, and I figured, hell, why not let them have the ability to summon creatures? It was either that or they just have the Ark itself. Which wouldn't be too bad an idea? I mean, Perseus gets the Bridle for riding the pegasus and he never touched it.

Blog Entries
    Is that how it's going to be, hmm?

Your sheet was good! I was honestly tempted to not make this one after I read it. But I was already three quarters done and figured I should just keep going.