Page 452 of 782 FirstFirst ... 352402442447450451452453454457462502552 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Brynhildr... the valkyrie ones, right? Could she be counted as Heroic Spirit? I mean, a Valkyrie is never a human. Or would there be like a special / irregular condition in the summoning, like Chiron?
    Brynhildr pissed off Odin and lost her immortality.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Brynhildr pissed off Odin and lost her immortality.
    Whoa. Poor valkyrie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    A gorgon isn't human, but there you go.
    She's hot, so I guess it's fine.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Brynhildr... the valkyrie ones, right? Could she be counted as Heroic Spirit? I mean, a Valkyrie is never a human, rigth? Or would there be like a special / irregular condition in the summoning, like Chiron?
    She was punished to become mortal anyways.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Everyone knows most of the Masters of HGW3 anyway, but:

Saber - Edelfelt Twins
    Archer - British mage working on government request to intercept the German Magus and ruin the Thule Society's plans
    Lancer - Tohsaka. Tokiomi's grandpappy. Likes to hand people their ass with his fists.
    Rider - Matou, trying to bridge Russian heritage and Japanese future by allying with other imperialists.
    Caster - Thule Society magus, with a garrison of Imperial Japanese forces and Nazi magisoldiers to back her up.
    Assassin - The puppetmaster. Toyed with the idea of it being Van-Fem, intervening to make sure the warmongers from either side didn't get their wish.
    Avenger - Einzbern, obviously.

I have basic ideas, personalities, motives, etc etc for the Masters and other key players, but was never 100% happy with what I had so I never started writing it for real.
    Darnic and Faldeus?

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I intended Darnic to be part of the Thule Society retinue as a support magus. Faldeus, now that Strange Fake is being "canonised" of a sort, would probably be worked in somehow as well. I find his comments about how it's not a good idea to treat a young nation so lightly, as he once did, interrsting enough that it could probably be spun into skmething interesting for HGW3.

Of course, now FSF will come out and will probably state that he was previously a Master, so hey, who knows?

I also liked the idea of the Aozaki family being involved, specifically the good for nothing old monster of a man that was Aoko's grandfather as a youth who is the letdown son of the magus who found a way to sharply increase the chance of a Magician emerging from their bloodline. But so many magi as it is, I couldn't fit him in I think.

EDIT: If you do take Darnic and Faldeus as Masters, for whatever reason, then you already have your eight Masters already known, so I'd prefer to sideline them.
    Last edited by Vagrant; August 1st, 2014 at 01:05 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    As long as your mortal you can be summoned... I guess.

brb wild idea... making a Lancer Zeus.

Blog Entries
    Divinely mortal and mortally mortal are different though. The Norse gods could die and were still divine spirits. Pretty sure it's loss of the status as Divine Spirit + becoming dead that allows you to become a HS, not just the act of becoming dead.

But this is a CAS thread, so fuck if I care what the justification is as long as it's done well. Bring on Zeus, I say.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Zeus because apparently there was a "Tomb of Zeus" on Crete.

I miss Seika.

Blog Entries
    Posting a new Servant. I use your template layout as a basis, Petrikov, I hope you dont mind.

Personal Information:

Class Name : Caster
    True Name : Zhuge Liang
    Sex :
    Female
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral
    Height / Weight : 182cm/65kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Orphaned at a premature age and was raised by her uncle, Zhuge Liang and her brothers lead simple lives - farming by day and studying at night. During her ten years of reclusion, she met a group of contemporaries including Xu Shu, Pang Tong and Sima Hui. These men were considered the most intelligent people of that period. Through study and astute observation, she was not only an expert in astronomy and geography, but also a master at military strategy and tactics, and could carefully analyzed political situations with great ambition.

She has found her joy in the art of war and strategy during her youth studies. Her love and passion for it cannot be quaffed by mere gender difference, and with resolution she went as far as hiding her gender and masqueraded as a man. Her natural tall figure made the act very convincing. A woman with extreme intelligence and burning passion, she obtained many successes as military strategist, gaining respect of her peers such as Sima Hui, Pang Degong, and Huang Chengyan despite her age.

But from fear of revealing her gender, Zhuge Liang maintain a distance relationship with her surroundings; she has no one she could call a true friend. Time passes until she reaches the age suitable for a man to marry. One day, Huang Chengyan told Zhuge Liang, "I heard that you're seeking a spouse. I've an ugly daughter with a yellow face and dark complexion, but her talent matches yours." Not wanting to offend her friend, she agreed to meet Huang's daughter. As she removed the first veil from her face, Zhuge Liang found that she is indeed far from attractive. But her first impression of Huang Yueying's face has been erased by the first word that came out of Yueying' mouth; the exclamation and humiliation that her father told her to be married not to a man, but a woman. Astounded, fearful, but at the same time excited, Liang asked for forgiveness from Yueying and explain her circumstances.

True to his word, Huang Chengyan's daughter may not be comely, but her mind was sharper than anyone Liang ever met. She was perceptive and quick-witted, only lacking the normal knowledge outside her chamber. Liang was overjoyed; she has found an individual who not only she could talk freely to, but also one who accept her as she is. The more they talk, the more Liang fell in love with Yueying; not for her looks, but for her mind, intelligence, and personality. As she did not want to lose the relationship they have, she asked Yueying to marry her, despite Yueying knowing that she is a woman. Zhuge Liang was then rewarded by Huang Yueying's joyful visage and gratification; as both are individuals who cannot be accepted as they are by even their closest relation, both knows that they are the only one who will accept each other.

Upon their marriage, a light hearted proverb was spread among the townsfolk: "Do not follow the manner in which Zhuge Liang chose his wife. He ended up with Huang Chengyan's ugly daughter." This came as an amusing irony for the both of them, one secret that only both women know and understand.

Raising even further as a military strategist, she grow her love not only for the art of war, but for her army as well. She does her best to minimize casualties of her total forces, and the result was nothing short of miraculous. A cold head combined with burning heart raises the moral of her troops tremendously, and they grew to love her back. But as she grew to love them more and more, a fear was also planted within her heart; would they still love her, when they found out that she is a woman?

The question gnawed at her, and the fear grew together with her love; the more she love her army, the more she fear them all the same. She simply cannot believe that there'll be others like Yueying who accept her as she was, but at the same time she cannot leave them nor hate them.

In the end, it doesn't matter; in the spring of 231, Zhuge Liang finally met her nemesis, Sima Yi, at the Battle of Mount Qi, the most vehement campaign of the 5 expeditions in terms of death toll. When they reached a stalemate at the Battle of Wuzhang Plains. Her love and fear for her army had always been the thing behind each of her victory, but now it had been the one that topple her. Straining her energy on military matters, big and small, against Sima Yi's supreme strategy and cold tactics, Zhuge Liang fell seriously ill. Whenher health took turn for the worse and she reached the last spark of her life, she realizes that in the end, it doesn't matter if her army grew to hate her. It doesn't matter that they cannot undertand who she really was. Her love for them was the only one that matters. In the end, it doesn't matter that she died; the only regret that she has was that she didn't realize it sooner, regret that she could not unconditionally love her army and save them in the end.

Parameters:

Strength : E
    Endurance : E
    Agility : E
    Prana : B
    Luck : A
    Noble Phantasm : B+

Class Skill:

Territory Creation : A
    Creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Item Construction : C
    Caster's specialization is in the creation of medicine based on taoism, and she is unsuitable in creation of other type of tools.

Personal Skill:

Military Tactics : A
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Subversive Activities : C
    The talent to reduce the enemy forces in the preliminary stages, before going into battle. At B rank, it is possible to disable approximately 20% of the total military force before the enemy advances.
    Caster's military's tactic and knowledge could push this skill's rank even higher, but she dislike using it too much, causing it to stuck at C rank.

Taoism : B
    One school of magecraft originated from the concept of naturalism and universal force. It emphasize the concept of wu-wei (action through non-action) through naturalness, simplicity, and spontaneity. Its domain is medicine, divination, climate flow, and even ranging as far as methods of longevity.
    Caster's mastery of infantry & cavalry formation tactics and practice of magecraft was based on the classic Taoism. As such, Taoism was not only a method of magecraft for her, but also a way and philosophy of life.

Noble Phantasm:

Empty Fort Stratagem
    Bā Zhčn Tú
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum Targets: 500 person

A defensive-offensive Noble Phantasm, Bā Zhčn Tú serves as Caster's impenetrable shield and strongest spear. A stone maze created from arrays of rock and boulders based on the concept of ba gua, it manifest within Caster's preferable location that has been turned to her temple. It changes the property of the land, turning it into an inescapable maze filled with piles of traps.

Once it is manifested, it became self-maintaining, with Caster simply providing the prana needed. It turns its surrounding area into a nearly impenetrable boundary field except for 8 entry points. This entry points are completely unguarded, using a continuous reversing psychology to invite enemies to attack. Inside, it is described as "dust storms overshadowed the sky and the rocks seemed like swords, mountainous piles of dirt emerged while the river waves sounded like an attacking army".

Once inside, it is nearly impossible to escape. Simply the act of surviving became very hard to do as barrage of traps and continuous assault attack those who enter. There are only 2 methods of overcoming the stone maze; bringing an army that exceeds Bā Zhčn Tú's capacity so as to raising the chance of one man made it outside, or an attack with high enough output to destroy half or more of Bā Zhčn Tú's boundary field.

Design:

The idea is a stationery Servant who openly challenges the other Servant to attack her. Completely using the "empty fort" philosophy, I turn Caster, as the weakest servant, to be the biggest challenge with in my setting of HGW.

Well, unless there's Excaliblast level of attack involved. Then she's screwed.

As her Noble Phantasm needs a high output of prana, without a proper Master, Caster is screwed. Twice over.

The Noble Phantasm is not a Reality Marble, by the way; the Stone Sentinel Maze aka Bā Zhčn Tú is not the core of her "self"; it's simply one of the aspect and achievement in her life, albeit the one most known.

I have a quarter of the mind to have her as a Rider instead and made her more offensive oriented, but immediately scrapped the idea the moment it comes too much near the idea of Alexander or Francis Drake

Having doubts as well about gender bender-ing Zhuge Liang, but then I thought of Arturia and Drake, and then "Eh, fuck it."

Critics are more than welcomed, but please be gentle with me. I have a fragile kokoro m(_ _)m.

The list of the Servants I made so far for my own setting of HGW, layout reformatted for better reading experience:

Saber:
    Spoiler:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1588484

Personal Information:

Class Name : Saber
    True Name : Beowulf
    Sex :
    Male
    Alignment : Lawful Neutral
    Height / Weight : 202cm/107kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Beowulf is a hero of the Geats who comes to the aid of Hrodgar, the king of the Danes, whose great hall, Heorot, is plagued by the monster Grendel. Beowulf kills Grendel with his bare hands and Grendel's mother with a sword of a giant that he found in her lair.

Later in his life, Beowulf is himself king of the Geats, and finds his realm terrorized by a dragon whose treasure had been stolen from his hoard in a burial mound. He attacks the dragon with the help of his thegns or servants, but they do not succeed. Beowulf decides to follow the dragon into its lair, at Earnanas, but only his young Swedish relative Wiglaf dares join him. Beowulf finally slays the dragon, but is mortally wounded. He is buried in a tumulus or burial mound, by the sea.

Parameters:

Strength : A
    Endurance : A
    Agility : B
    Prana : C
    Luck : D
    Noble Phantasm : B

Class Skill:

Magic Resistance : B
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding : B
    Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beast.

Personal Skill:

Bravery : A
    The ability to ignore any mental interference such as coercion, confusion, or illusions. At A rank, it is effectively non-existent.

Monster Slayer : B
    When fighting against monsters and beasts, increase strength by one rank temporarily. Also increases damage when fighting unarmed.
    This skill comes from the legend that Saber is a warrior with massive strength, capable of crushing beasts and monsters even with his bare hand.

Protection from Fire : C
    Reduce damage from weapons and magic based on fire.
    Saber in his final battle fought against a powerful fire breathing dragon, resulting in his resistance against fire. Coupled with his Magic Resistance ability, this results in near-immunity against fire-based magecraft

Blood Debt : C
    As a Servant whose whole life swirl upon bloody combat, once an enemy has faced Saber once, he will be able to feel a 'pull' to their location, which won't disappear until he face them again and kill them in combat.
    At C rank, this skill merely give Saber a pull onto the general area of his enemy's location.

Noble Phantasm:

Sword of the Giant
    Gigant
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 4-5
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

Indestructible giant sword.
    A giant sword too big to be used in battle, only one with great strength could wield it.
    Due to its true name being lost, it cannot fully utilize it's true strength as a Noble Phantasm. It, however, retains its toughness due to being a sword belonged to a giant. Gigant is simply what Saber calls it and not its true name.
    Deals extra damage to enemies with 'dragon' attribute.

Sword of Failure
    Hrunting
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1-2 (~)

A sword most famous of its past on failing Beowulf when he faced Grendel. It is a weak NP that Beowulf discarded in his life. Despite that, it still ties itself upon Beowulf's legend.
    Its power is not its usage upon battle, but upon sacrificing it. When the sword is broken upon facing the enemy and Beowulf 'discarded' it, it will increase all Beowulf's parameter by one rank momentarily. The power comes from the legend where Beowulf discarded Hrunting in favor of a better weapon.
    Due to its history, momentary effect, and one time use, Beowulf dislikes using it.

Sword of the End
    Naegling
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1-2 (~)

A royal sword given to Beowulf by his King, Hrothgar. Its most famous legend is when Beowulf used it against a dragon, Naegling broke upon contact with the dragon due to Beowulf's strength. It is an able sword, but it cannot cope with Beowulf's might.
    While it is a better sword then Hrunting in terms of weapon, its true strength is, much like Hrunting, came from the act of sacrificing it. When the sword is used by Beowulf and broken upon facing the enemy, it permanently increases his STR and END by one rank. However, it can only break when facing an enemy as strong as or stronger than Beowulf.

Design:

The idea is to make a Servants whose battle prowess lies upon his skills and parameter, not Noble Phantasm. The NPs' effects act more like as a support skills instead of decisive skills. Saber is a Servant who overcame crisis in his life AFTER discarding his weapon.

Archer
    Spoiler:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1598282

Personal Information:

Class Name : Archer
    True Name : William "Billy the Kid" Henry McCarty, Jr.
    Sex : Male
    Alignment : True Neutral
    Height / Weight : 173cm/65kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    A 19th-century gunman who participated in the Lincoln County War and became a frontier outlaw in the American Old West. According to legend, he killed 21 men, but it is generally believed that he killed 8 people. He killed his first man in April 1 1877 at the age of 18.

Billy the Kid enjoyed a reputation built partly on exaggerated accounts of his exploits. But despite his notoriety, he is described by those close to him as fun-loving and jolly, articulate in both his writing and his speech, and loyal to those for whom he cared. His many Hispanic friends did not view him as a ruthless killer, but rather as a defender of the people who was forced to kill in self-defense. In the time that the Kid roamed the land he chided Hispanic villagers who were fearful of standing up to the big ranchers who stole their land, water, and way of life.

His way of life only further increases his notoriety in the eye of the constables, effectively dooming his appeals for amnesty. As a result, he lived an outlaw way of life, with a lot of hit-and-run method against his pursuers.

Due to his nature, he will always fight against rulers.

Parameters:

Strength : E
    Endurance : E
    Agility : C
    Prana : D
    Luck : A
    Noble Phantasm : C

Class Skill:

Independent Action : B
    Can remain in this world for 2 days even after losing his Master. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.

Personal Skill:

Clairvoyance : C
    Capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms. Archer focused this skill on 'improving accuracy' instead of 'long-range aiming'.

Disengage : C
    The ability to break away from combat.
    Bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.

Battle Continuation : D
    Could stay alive until a successful retreat.
    It allows one to stay alive and make for a retreat even on the verge of death.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.

Noble Phantasm:

Shock and Awe
    Quick Draw
    Range: 1-100

It is the ability actualized by Billy the Kid's legendary quick shots. Depending on AGI and succesful LCK throw, Archer's bullet can be shot and hit the enemy before his enemy's attack begin.
    This, combined with his Speedster skill, results in Archer's nearly always faster than his enemy.
    However, the effectiveness is reduced when used outside of surprise attack.

Design:

The idea is to make a fragile speedster, hit-and-run kind of Servant. Archer is weak, even weaker than Assassin (Ken Arok), parameter-wise. But in a preferable condition of successful surprise attack, he will nearly always win.

He used the same fighting style as Assassin's, but it differs in that Assassin's is 'sneak behind the enemy', while Archer's is 'surprise the enemy' by suckerpunching them in the face.

Berserker
    Spoiler:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1589600

Personal Information:

Class Name : Berserker
    True Name : Bodvar Bjarki
    Sex : Male
    Alignment : Lawful Mad
    Height / Weight : 207cm/127kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    "Bodvar Bjarki ploughed into them now, hacking two handed, his only thought to do as much damage as he could before he fell. And now they fall in heaps before him, one on top of another, and both his arms are bloodied to the houlder, and he felled so many, the dead were stacked all about him. He stormed on as if he was insane.

There came on now such a storm of spells that the champions began to fall, one on top of the other, and King Hrolf found himself outside the shield-wall and was near enough laid low with weariness. No need to spin it out with words: there fell King Hrolf and all his champions with good glory.

But what a slaughter they dealt out there, words cannot describe it."

One of the original Icelandic berserkers, Bodvar Bjarki was the mightiest of the 12 of berserker champion of King Hrolf. He was offspring of the were-bear Bjorn and Bera, giving him the might and nature of the beast. As the chief warrior of King Hrolf, he is an exceptional warrior and the strongest berserker in his time.

His final fate was one befitting him; he died after a glorious rampage upon his king's enemy, taking as much of them to Valhalla just by himself.

Bodvar Bjarki of the Hrolf Kraki Saga have many similarities and share many personalities with Beowulf from Beowulf Saga. Depending on the circumstances, were they to meet in battlefield, they will either kill each other on the spot or become best buds.

Parameters:

Strength : A (A+)
    Endurance : A (A+)
    Agility : C (B)
    Prana : C (B)
    Luck : E (D)
    Noble Phantasm : A (A+)

Class Skill:

Mad Enhancement : B
    Rank up for all parameters, but takes away most of sanity.

Personal Skill:

Bravery : B
    Able to fend-off attempts of any mental interference such as coercion, confusion, or illusions.
    When Bodvar uses his class skills, this skill is disabled.

Monstrous Strength : B
    Increases strength temporarily by one rank. Duration depends on the rank of 'Monstrous Strength'.

Battle Continuation : A
    Able to ignore any non-fatal wounds.
    It allows for battle even on the verge of death, and allow the user to stay alive until they receive clearly fatal blow.

Noble Phantasm:

Unbendable Sword
    Laufi
    Range: 1-2

A robust 2-handed sword.
    Big, blunt, and heavy, the sword is better used to smash the opponent rather than slashing them. In his life Bodvar was given a limitation upon using this sword; if drawn, it can only be put back into the scabbard after having killed a man. This sword doesn't have any special properties other than being 'a very tough sword'.

Warlike Little Bear
    Bjorn's Blood
    Range: ~

A release of Bodvar's inner beast, inherited from his father's therianthrope blood. It took shape in the form of spiritual bear overlapping Bodvar's massive frame in an armor-like manner. When activated, it raises all Bodvar's parameter by one rank. However, when used, sanity is robbed even further. Prana consumption when Bjorn's Blood is activated is massive and continuous.

Design:

The idea is a character that rivals Saber (Beowulf). But while both of them are a power-character, Beowulf is a seasoned and refined warrior. Bodvar, on the other hand, is a wild berserker through and through.

Assassin
    Spoiler:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1588737

Personal Information:

Class Name : Assassin
    True Name : Ken Arok
    Sex :
    Male
    Alignment : Neutral Evil
    Height / Weight : 170cm/75kg

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Ken Arok was the founder and first ruler of the Singasari Kingdom, an ancient Hindu-Buddhist kingdom in the East Java area of Indonesia. He was considered as the founder of Rajasa dynasty of both the Singasari and Majapahit line of monarchs. He came from humble origins but subsequently rose to be the most powerful ruler in Java. His life was colored with adventures, treacheries, and tragedies.

Baby Ken Arok was placed in the Brantas by his parents who hoped he would be found by a wealthier family and get a better life. However, Ken Arok was found by a thief called Lembong. His foster father later taught him all his criminal skills and young Ken Arok grew to be the most cunning thief in Kediri. Doing much mischief and crimes, he was known all the way to the capital. Many people were sent to catch him, but none were successful.

Though a cunning and treacherous man, he is a man of strong will as well.

Parameters:

Strength : C
    Endurance : C
    Agility : A
    Prana : D
    Luck : D
    Noble Phantasm : B

Class Skill:

Presence Concealment : B
    Hides one's presence completely and becomes very hard to be detected. However, efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Personal Skill:

Divinity : C
    According to the legend, Ken Arok is son of the god Brahma having an affair with a woman called Ken Ndok.

Expert of Many Specialization : C
    Access to and use of many expert skills. A total of 16 different skills ranging from tactics, espionage, assassination, swindling, rhetoric and others can be used.
    Ken Arok gained this ability through his experience life in the slum and thus gained many skills needed to survive there.

Mind's Eye (True) : C
    Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.
    In Ken Arok's case, he gained this ability through his life in the slum where wariness and thinking ahead are crucial for survival.

Noble Phantasm:

Cursed Kris of 7 Kills
    Mpu Gandring
    Range: 1-2

A supernatural kris named after the smith who makes it, Mpu Gandring. Within it contained an evil spirit crafted together with the kris, making it a dangerous weapon of curse. The kris also contains the spirit of Mpu Gandring who was killed by Ken Arok.

Anyone cut by this kris will be cursed and absolutely killed, despite the wound size and regardless of the enemy's physical strength. This effect can be used up to 7 times. The ability came from the legend where Mpu Gandring, just before he died, cursed the kris to take the life of Ken Arok and 6 of his descendant.

There's a possibility that the curse would bounce back to Ken Arok as well each time he uses it. The odds raises for each kills. At the seventh kill, the kris turns into a double-edged sword that takes Ken Arok lives as well as his enemy's.

Design:
    This guy is an Assassin by forced circumstances and birth surroundings. He's more on the line of thief-slash-murderer assassin then sneaky, intelligence assassin. The idea is to make a Servant who could do sneak attack just fine, but could also do short battle when sneak attack proven unsuccessful. The whole of his fighting style based only on 2 things: either land a hit to an enemy, or retreat.
    Last edited by castor212; August 2nd, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    I really wish people would stop GBing people, there are noteworthy female people without turning males into one. Otherwise seems interesting.

I'm a bit surprised that no one seems to have done Circe yet. Female, a Caster, would have quirky stuff like indirect combat. Though I guess she might be a Divine Spirit, but that didn't stop Nasu from using Herakles despite his official ascension to godhood.
    Last edited by Arha; August 1st, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that no one seems to have done Circe yet. Female, a Caster, would have quirky stuff like indirect combat. Though I guess she might be a Divine Spirit, but that didn't stop Nasu from using Herakles despite his official ascension to godhood.
    *Ahem* I posted a Circe profile a while back. Probably one of my favorite sheets I've made.

And here is the link to said post.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post1199423
    Last edited by Knight of Khaos; August 1st, 2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    Name: ??? (I really have no name for this so if anyone has an idea that would be nice)
    Just do it in greek.

THat's not a bad idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    I really wish people would stop GBing people, there are noteworthy female people without turning males into one. Otherwise seems interesting.
    Actually I have been racking my brain for a while for a non-GB female Rider and Lancer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Eh, genderbending is pretty much a hallmark of Fate these days. It's just one of those things that I usually shrug off as a thing these days. I'm not a fan of it myself, but hey.

Anyone know of any mythological figures who rode dragons in at least some fashion? Looking to make a badass Rider with a dragon. Just spent a while searching the interwebz and I'm coming up with nothing. Wondering if this is perhaps a lost cause.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It's because dragons were the bad guys in myth, usually due to allegorical ideas that they represented--Fafnir becomes a symbol of greed, the dragons slain by knights in Arthurian myth are pre-Christian existences, Beowulf's dragon a representation of man versus the nature of death he can't escape, ect.

The only dragon riders I can think of off the top of my head are the Garaboncias, Hungarian wizards that rode them and concealed themselves in storms.

Blog Entries
    TV Tropes doesn't have a mythology section for the Dragon Rider trope. Clearly all hope is lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Xuangzang the monk rode a dragon in the Journey to the West. I mean, it was a dragon that had been turned into a horse and there was nothing special about it, but it's the only named individual I can think of who rode a dragon in any form.

Xuangzang could make for a cool Servant regardless of what you do with him though.