Page 562 of 782 FirstFirst ... 62462512552557560561562563564567572612662 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    I'm thinking of redoing my Lancer and Bard before posting them. Yes, I'm doing all seven Servants (extra Classes being Leader, Bard, Battler, Avenger, and maybe Saviour). I want two female Servants at least, or this roster will just be a sausage fest. And while those can be fun [insert Takei Oh my~], it's not what I'm aiming for.
    Speaking of which, I was wondering. You mentioned in the other post about those from almost a year ago that Battler had been mentioned in Fate/Extra, but where was that? I haven't played most of the game still but I don't remember it, and unlike Gunner's brief mention I haven't found any other sources for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    Speaking of which, I was wondering. You mentioned in the other post about those from almost a year ago that Battler had been mentioned in Fate/Extra, but where was that? I haven't played most of the game still but I don't remember it, and unlike Gunner's brief mention I haven't found any other sources for it.
    Just looked at the Japanese Type Moon wiki, and now I remember it was in CCC, not the first one. Could've sworn it was in reference to Li Shuwen though... Here's the TMwiki page where a possible Battler Class is mentioned: http://wiki.cre.jp/typemoon/%E3%82%A...3%88%E3%83%A9) 日本語が分からないと無意味だが。
    裸じゃないと意味がない。

Huh. I don't see any mention of Battler, but I'm relying on google translate so that means absolutely nothing.
    I've been trying to find all of the mentions of extra classes that I can and figure out how they work as best as I can, and that one has been stumping me for a while since I haven't been able to find any actual information about it.

Blog Entries
    It's not talking about an actual Battler class though, just silly labels being forced onto the Servant like Karna and Launcher.

Hahaha, that's not even "Battler," it's "Butler." It's like some room event joke with Archer if you choose him as your Servant in CCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    Hahaha, that's not even "Battler," it's "Butler." It's like some room event joke with Archer if you choose him as your Servant in CCC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    It's not talking about an actual Battler class though, just silly labels being forced onto the Servant like Karna and Launcher.
    Really? Well, that's some egg on my face then. Still keeping the Battler Class, though I think the usual Class name used here is Striker, huh?
    裸じゃないと意味がない。

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? Well, that's some egg on my face then. Still keeping the Battler Class, though I think the usual Class name used here is Striker, huh?
    No....
    Unless there's a regalia class called Striker.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    No....
    Vagrant used Striker for Enkidu.

I don't think there's any sort of standard, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know theres something in the japanese TM wiki about Nobunobu being a "Gunner"

but then again Koha-Ace

In Capsule Servant, a Boxer class was mentioned. Not that it's canon but I would take it over making up something entirely new.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    No....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Vagrant used Striker for Enkidu.

I don't think there's any sort of standard, though.
    Hahaha, the power of mental influence is strong! Yeah, I personally use Striker for hand-to-hand/blunt-object wielders, but it's literally just me. I have a list somewhere of 16 classes or so, for an "expanded Grail War" that I never did anything with.

Blog Entries
    Well, was doing some dredging on my travel hard drive and among a whole lot of other rather old documents, I discovered this little gem. This had originally been intended for an RP where to successfully earn the Grail you basically had to successfully ascertain the true identities of the other Servants.

So, being the good sport that I am, I went and found someone super obscure and then made most of her history up through tenuous connections and flimsy justifications.

You can actually see elements of her incorporated into my old Atalanta profile, from before the Apocrypha novel was announced. And even then I'd cannibalised this girl to make Atalanta different from her online game form because I had decided this one was too old and obscure to do anything with. That's how long this has been sitting around.

Basically all I've done is pretty up the formatting, everything else is as it was when I wrote this lass up 3 or more years ago now. So this is more for purposes of historical records than anything that might be particularly groundbreaking, I suspect.

Aspalis
    The Chaste Huntress

Class:
    Archer
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: D

Legend:

Aspalis is not a name that would immediately spring to mind when asked to name a skilled or legendary hunter. In fact, Aspalis is not particularly a name that would spring to mind ever, as much of her history has been lost. However, her history is key to understanding who Aspalis was as a person.

Aspalis was born and raised in the small Greek colony of Melite, within the verdant and mountainous wooded region of Phthia, a simple girl with a simple family. She lived with her younger brother, Astygites, and her elderly parents at the edge of the township, and as a fit and capable youngster she took up hunting in order to provide adequate food for her parents, who were not fit for tasks such as hunting in their advanced age. She proved to be a natural with a bow and spent most hours of the day hunting in the woodlands, savoring the solitude of her own company. To her, raised to be virtuous and faithful to the gods by her devout parents, the company of others paled in comparison to the quiet beauty of nature.

Life was simple, and Aspalis was admired by others for her chaste nature and her devout faith in the gods, but everything changed when Melite fell under the rule of a cruel and pitiless tyrant. He was so awful and abhorrent a man that the villagers dared not to speak his name, instead dubbing him Tartarus, after the wicked underworld of the evil dead. He was a man with a taste for beautiful girls, and he would regularly issue orders for one of the village girls to be sent up to him to be made his concubine against her will. It soon eventuated that he heard of the simple and chaste beauty of Aspalis and sent word for her to be taken to his palace. When Aspalis heard of the tyrant’s non-negotiable request she was sickened by the very thought of being violated by him. Horrified by the idea of losing her purity and shaming herself in the eyes of the gods, Aspalis took the only other option she could see, hanging herself from the rafters of her family home and fleeing to the afterlife.

When her brother Astygites discovered her dead body he became vengeful and furious, and plotted to kill Tartarus. He took advantage of his youthful form and disguised himself as his sister, hiding a small sword beneath his gown when he entered the palace of Tartarus. The wicked tyrant took him back to his bedchamber, where Astygites promptly ran him through, killing him in the name of his sister. The death caused the villagers to rejoice, throwing the body into the river and then heading to the small farmhouse to retrieve the body of poor, innocent Aspalis. What they discovered when they arrived astounded them, for in the place of Aspalis’ lifeless body stood a finely-crafted wooden statue in the image of the goddess Artemis. The villagers understood that this was a symbol that Aspalis had not been shamed and had instead been embraced by the goddess, and they rejoiced for Aspalis, who had become an immortal and watchful guardian of Melite through the favour of Artemis. Every year from then on a ritual would be held where pure virgins would hang a sacrificial goat in front of the wooden statue to engender the benevolent protection of Aspalis and Artemis.

Class Skills:

Independent Action
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.

• B: At this Rank Aspalis is able to survive without a Master for up to two days, and even longer if she is able to fuel herself with prana stolen by her Noble Phantasm, First Blood.

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

• D: Cancel Single-Action spells, and has a minor mitigating effect against stronger or more complex magecraft.

Personal Skills:

Divinity
    The measure of how close in heritage one is to a Divine Spirit. Divinity has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith, if they are not too highly ranked.

• D: Aspalis has traces of divine heritage in her, gifted as she was with divine immortality by Artemis after her death. In addition, it appears that her skill as a hunter was great enough that Aspalis herself was renowned as a minor local deity of the hunt for some Semitic cultures.

Chastity
    The purity of a maiden preserved with tenacious dedication. Presents a degree resistance or immunity to mental influences that go against the Servant’s chaste nature. However, morale is lost and Parameters potentially affected if the Servant’s purity is sullied.

• B: Aspalis valued her purity enough to kill herself rather than be violated by the tyrant Tartarus, and she values the same in others around her. Acts as Rank C Bravery in the face of threats of violation, and also provides Rank A immunity to mental influences that would have her go against her own values, as if she possessed the skill Soul of a Martyr. If, however, she is ever somehow stripped of her purity, whether by her own will or against it, she will suffer a permanent Rank Down to her MGI and LCK Parameters, and this skill will become sealed.

Prana Burst [Remote]
    Charging projectiles with prana can enhance their movement and damage capacities greatly, transforming them into jet-propelled missiles.

• (-): Lacking a truly powerful method of hunting a foe that would manifest as a Noble Phantasm, Aspalis has instead developed her own variation of the Prana Burst skill, allowing her to overcharge her arrows with excess prana instantly, much in the same way as a Broken Phantasm would be made though with greater speed to the technique. The overcharged arrows can, at higher levels of this ability, operate at a level comparable to Noble Phantasms for a much greater prana cost than they normally would, and at this level of overcharge will explode dangerously on impact. Because this skill has a scaling cost-to-effect ratio it is hard to tell exactly how dangerous her arrows are at a given time, though it’s generally a safe bet to assume that as she racks up her First Blood cumulative strikes she will utilise this skill more and more thanks to the excess prana flowing to her.

First Blood
    Arrow of the Divine Huntress

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 20-40
    Targets: 1-??

Description: Aspalis was a skilled hunter, and though she is not well-known by legend she is related by companionship to the Goddess of the Hunt, Artemis. Through her skill and boons provided to her by an ever-watchful Artemis, Aspalis has managed to develop a singular skill of notable value. This is a passive Phantasm that activates only under strict conditions. The first is that Aspalis must be the first person to draw blood from another during the current “battle” or “hunt”, whatever that may be, though where a battle starts and ends is often conceptually defined and, consequently, ill-defined. Secondly, it must be through an arrow that she inflicts the wound, as befits a hunter. Finally, the injured opponent must not have been part of the fulfilment of First Blood’s conditions at any previous time during the Grail War, so others can only be affected by First Blood once.

Once all the conditions are fulfilled First Blood will trigger. When it does, the wound that triggered First Blood will bleed far more profusely than it reasonably should, and will not heal. The injury will leak prana as well as blood, and this prana transfers to Aspalis, topping up her prana to a degree based on the severity of the wound she inflicted. This additional prana flow also induces a Half Rank Up in STR and END, as well as the Magic Resistance skill, up to a maximum Rank of A+ in either parameter or skill.

The parameter & skill enhancements last for as long as the individuals injured by First Blood live, but just like the life/prana regeneration it is cumulative over multiple applications of First Blood, which can quickly make Aspalis a foe to be feared. Enough cumulative effects of First Blood can even provide enough passive prana leech to Aspalis that her Independent Action skill effectively becomes EX level, with enough prana flowing to her to fuel any of her conceivable actions.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 19th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Hahaha, the power of mental influence is strong! Yeah, I personally use Striker for hand-to-hand/blunt-object wielders, but it's literally just me. I have a list somewhere of 16 classes or so, for an "expanded Grail War" that I never did anything with.
    Ooh, examples please and thank you?

Well, was doing some dredging on my travel hard drive and among a whole lot of other rather old documents, I discovered this little gem. This had originally been intended for an RP where to successfully earn the Grail you basically had to successfully ascertain the true identities of the other Servants.

So, being the good sport that I am, I went and found someone super obscure and then made most of her history up through tenuous connections and flimsy justifications.

You can actually see elements of her incorporated into my old Atalanta profile, from before the Apocrypha novel was announced. And even then I'd cannibalised this girl to make Atalanta different from her online game form because I had decided this one was too old and obscure to do anything with. That's how long this has been sitting around.

Basically all I've done is pretty up the formatting, everything else is as it was when I wrote this lass up 3 or more years ago now. So this is more for purposes of historical records than anything that might be particularly groundbreaking, I suspect.
    I don't think I'd have guessed her identity. According to Wikipedia, she's apparently pretty localized.
    裸じゃないと意味がない。

Blog Entries
    Aspalis
    I'm all up for obscure heroes, so you've already won quite a few points just for that. Still, given what I saw from her legend, shouldn't her brother been the one to become a Servant instead?

Prana Burst is a Skill to power up all your abilities through magical energy, not just the attacks. Considering that she uses it only to strengthen her arrows, it may have been better to have made this ability a part of her NP.

Speaking of which, I'm completely at loss of words in regards to her NP.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; May 19th, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering she's a Greek hero, shouldn't her stats be higher? Since age and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Considering she's a Greek hero, shouldn't her stats be higher? Since age and whatnot.
    And she does. First Blood represents her growth as a hero from the start to the end. The more First Bloods she gains, the more strong she becomes. I would suppose by the end of her story she was far more powerful than Medusa is.
    Last edited by Council; May 19th, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    Ooh, examples please and thank you?

I don't think I'd have guessed her identity. According to Wikipedia, she's apparently pretty localized.
    Nobody would have guessed her, I think. Super obscure. It's basically just me going "she was associated with Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, and was maaaaaayb a hunter goddess herself in some small circles. Eh, good enough to be an Archer".

Oh yeah, here's the guide I made for basic classes for an expanded roster. I wanted reasonably distinct roles for each individual.

Expanded Servant Class Roster
    Saber: The knight of the sword. For Heroic Spirits that come under it, an appropriate legend for a knight of the sword is a matter of course, but the highest rank in all parameters except MGI is also required. The Class Skill of Prana Burst is provided, enhancing the Servant’s weapon with additional prana. Also, many of the Heroic Spirits that come under it have as their forte to excel in instantaneous attack power.

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

Lancer: The knight of the spear. Right after Saber, the conditions to come under it are strict. In addition to excellence in overall parameters, AGI must be especially high. Often, their specialty is hit-and-run tactics that capitalize on the reach and nimbleness of the spear. Origins are comprised of many Heroic Spirits of knights. The class skill of the Lancer is Advanced Movement, allowing the Servant to do things like change direction in mid-air or traverse truly dangerous terrain with ease and speed.

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: A
    MGI: D
    LCK: E

Archer: The knight of the bow. A class that made the strength of the Noble Phantasm its forte, the conditions thus become not the size of the parameters, but possessing strong projectile weapons and unique abilities related to projectile weapons. Aptitude as a scout is high, other than the higher Magic Resistance of a knight, also has Independent Action as Class Skill.

STR: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: E

Defender: The knight of the shield. Heroic Spirits who are best remembered for their feats of protection or of holding an area against dangerous foes will best fit into the Defender class. With great Endurance and reasonable Strength, the Defender does its best work when it is fighting enemies on familiar ground or under threat of a valued ally being killed. The Defender’s Noble Phantasm almost always, without fail, reflects his unique method of deploying the “impenetrable defense”. The class skill for the Defender is Guardian Knight. The fourth and final Knight class Servant.

END: A

Rider: The mounted soldier. Heroic Spirits that possess legends with a deep relation with some sort of vehicle or mount (not limited to creatures) come under it. There is a tendency of having low parameters when compared to the Four Knights, but that is compensated by the performance of the mount detailed in the legend. As Class Skill it possesses Riding, allowing for instinctual control of mounts or vehicles completely foreign to the rider, and at higher levels truly dangerous mounts such as Dragons.

STR: D
    END: D

Caster: The magic-user. The conditions to come under it are just having attained the highest ranking of magic ability. Because of this special quality, many of the Heroic Spirits that come under it have low fighting ability. Furthermore, because all Servants are equipped with the Magic Resistance Skill to varying degrees, it is evaluated as a weak Class. It bears the ability of Territory Enhancement as its Class Skill.

STR: E
    END: E
    MGI: A
    LCK: B

Killer: The murderer. Heroic Spirits that were professional killers during life come under it, as well as those Heroic Spirits most known for the brutality, intensity or quantity of kills they performed. Because most don’t have famous legends as heroes or powerful fighters, their parameters are low. Their Class Skill is Presence Concealment and a fighting style that capitalizes on this ability becomes their lifeline.

LCK: B

Berserker: The mad warrior. Heroic Spirits that went mad in battle come under this. Normally, a condition in which a Servant can fully display the performance of the original Heroic Spirit would be ideal. However, Mad Enhancement strengthens the Servant into a performance that surpasses that of the Heroic Spirit in exchange of robbing his reason. Originally, it is a Class meant to strengthen weak Heroic Spirits.

AGI: D

Avenger: The vengeful combatant. A class specialized for the summoning of anti-heroes. Conditions to come under it are to have a legend as a villain that ended up creating a necessary or inevitable good greater than the evils perpetrated by the Heroic Spirit. Parameters are not necessarily high, but many have unique skills and Noble Phantasms that make them a great threat. Its special ability is Vindication, which enhances the Avenger’s END and other defenses or resistances as more pain and damage is inflicted to it. Higher ranks will also reflect some of the damage or pain back on the inflictor.

Saver: The messiah. Conditions are to possess a legend as a martyr who brought salvation to a truly significant populous, culture or the world itself somehow. Many of the Heroic Spirits that come under it are widely famous all around the world. That being said, these Servants are not necessarily strong in combat and, in fact, most have abilities more suited to support roles. It has the Class Skill of Counter Hero, imposing one or more Parameter Rank Downs on Servants who fight Saver who can be considered to be a Hero, or sometimes an Antihero.

AGI: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: A

Ruler: The supreme authority. Conditions are to possess legends of making others fulfill one’s wishes. Mostly Heroic Spirits that were monarchs or military generals in their previous life come under it, but the likes of “a sage with authority over demons” or “a feral child that controls wild beasts” are also eligible. Usually weak at one-on-one fights, but in exchange possess abilities and Noble Phantasms that excel at group battles. As a Ruler needs to be able to observe his underlings in all walks of life as well as know what his enemy is doing, the Class Skill for this Class is Presence Detection.

LCK: C

Launcher: The long-range attacker. Differing from the Archer, the Launcher specialises in thrown weapons rather than weapons such as bows or slings, and often has versatile skills as well as multiple Noble Phantasms, though they are not normally noted for exceptional power. The power of the projectile comes from the user’s throwing strength so it has better STR than any other parameter, though the range that it can attack from is not normally as great as that of Archer. The Class Skill for Launcher is Disengage, allowing the Servant to break away from combat with increased ease in order to place distance between themselves and dangerous melee-specialised Servants. While not as capable at range as an Archer, the Launcher is usually better able to hold his ground in a close-combat situation than an Archer.

Striker: The master of his own body. A Heroic Spirit most talented with unarmed combat or blunt weapons, axes and other non-standard weapons. A warrior who fights with brutal, crushing strikes. Considered on par with the Lancer or the Archer, a Striker is heavily combat-oriented and tends to have more focus on parameters first and foremost before Skills or Noble Phantasms. A Striker is favoured in single combat, but usually lacks burst attacks or ways to combat multiple opponents. The Class Skill is Natural Weapon, which provides bonuses to fighting unarmed or with parts of the body such as elbows, knees or claws.

Monster: The beast unleashed. Heroic Spirits eligible for the Monster class are those who in life were transformed into terrible beasts, often against their will. Monsters have middling parameters but these are boosted when they transform into their monstrous forms through the Class Skill Monstrous Strength. Usually the Servants possess Noble Phantasms not strictly related to their beastly form, allowing them to stand a chance in a fight without having to transform.

Charmer: The wily temptress. Not all Heroic Spirits attained their legend through combat, and the Charmer is evidence of that. Heroic Spirits with talents in the areas of guile, charisma and winning over others without resorting to combat fall into the category of Charmer. Considered the weakest Servant class, the Charmer relies on a broad spread of Skills and versatility to succeed, as well as the ability to make allies and truces that most benefit themselves. The Class Skill is Seduction, a mental compulsion that circumvents Magic Resistance and enhances the chances of swaying others to your desires.

END: E

Crafter: The creator of masterpieces. A Heroic Spirit more famed for his creations than his own prowess, weaponsmiths or inventors immediately spring to mind for the Crafter class. With little talent in the physical parameters, it is the clever trinkets the Crafter employs that gets him by, along with a healthy dose of trickery and strategic planning. The class skill of Item Creation enhances the Crafter’s ability to create his works without all the necessary materials or time.

And based on the discussion on the last page, you could also include this one, though I think it crosses over with Archer and Launcher too much for my liking:

Gunner:
    The modern soldier. The weakest and rarest of all the combat-oriented classes, the Gunner uses more modern technology as his weapons in order to strike more efficiently and powerfully, at the cost of accumulation of mystery and age. Low Parameters and generally-weak Noble Phantasms combined with versatile skills mean that Gunner is often considered “the poor man’s Archer” in a contestant of Servants. The class skill is Clairvoyance, allowing Gunner to shoot targets from the safety of exceptional distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    I'm all up for obscure heroes, so you've already won quite a few points just for that. Still, given what I saw from her legend, shouldn't her brother been the one to become a Servant instead?

Prana Burst is a Skill to power up all your abilities through magical energy, not just the attacks. Considering that she uses it only to strengthen her arrows, it may have been better to have made this ability a part of her NP.

Speaking of which, I'm completely at loss of words in regards to her NP.
    Her brother wasn't the companion of a divine spirit and possibly venerated as a divine spirit himself in some local circles. Aspalis was. Also at the time I wanted to make an Archer, not an Assassin, so hey.

You can't strengthen your abilities when your prana is not in your body. Hence the "Remote" designation. It's just the "putting prana into your weapon" part of Prana Burst, but better. I set it aside from the NP because they're entirely different functions and attack methods being put in the skills section is not exactly a new thing. In truth, Atalanta's "draw the bow so far to produce a Rank A attack" ended up being at least a little similar anyway so I see no need to change it.

Is there a problem with her NP that I don't see, MoC?

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    She's minor, so no big stats. Mystery and fame are low, basically. I picture her scraping in with just-above-wraith fame basically. Also, big stats would have denied the concept of First Blood, which is "grow big over time".

Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    And she does. First Blood represents her growth as a hero from the start to the end. The more First Bloods she gains, the more strong she becomes. I would suppose by the end of her story she was far more powerful than Medusa is.
    Possibly, but First Blood can't be maintained. Hitting all six other servants gives you three ranks to your stats, which is great, but as part of a grail war you have to kill the servants, which ends their prana supply. So by the end of a Grail War she's theoretically back to almost her base stats. She's a low-tier Servant you have to strategise with, not just charge in guns blazing.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 19th, 2015 at 11:02 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Expanded Servant Class Roster
    Oh hey, Crafter was an idea I had for a new class. Same name, too. I was sick of seeing authors getting dumped into the Caster class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I have a good idea for a Charmer. It is annoying when you end up dumping people in Caster as a default because they have nothing else of note.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Publius Vergilius Maro, Magus of Purity
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: urban scenarios.

STR: E MGI: A
    END: E LCK: B
    AGI: D NP: A

Background:_______________________________________ _________________________________

Spoiler:
    Virgil was born in the village of Andes, near Mantua, in 70 BC. He came from a landowning family which could afford to give him an education. After considering briefly a career in rhetoric and law, the young Virgil turned his talents to poetry. Although described as shy and reserved, he had many interests, studying throughout Italy medicine and astronomy, which he soon abandoned for philosophy. His rustic (but as seen far from ignorant) and private personality was in fact not suited to the blooming city life of Rome. In the rethorically trained world of Rome he stood out, and was described appearing as an uneducated, sickly person, very slow in speech. It’s not easy being a country boy in the big city, and it was especially so during a time when the term "urbanus" was used as the general stamp of approval, and yet he never attempted to conceal his origins. Instead, he embraced them, incorporating the “common” language of the countryside as seen in the composition of the Eclogues and Georgics, elevating rural life to new heights.

Nonetheless by virtue of his impressive poetic skills he managed to enter the inner circle of Maecenas and Augustus, as on the other hand he was described as a serious and capable poet, able to read with smoothness and charm, even going as far as stopping his mentor Maecenas if his recital didn’t met his standards. In a period of fast and facile talkers, well schooled in rhetorical art, Virgil stayed true to his rural background while at the same time paying exact attention to the sounds and rhythms of his finely crafted verses. His major opus is the reknowned Aeneid.

As a matter of fact it seems he was a rather reclusive personality, only coming to Rome when strictly necessary, rather enjoying the peaceful life of his beloved city of Naples. Here he will be buried in 19 AD, and with Naples he’ll be very strongly associated. He was so loved that he was given the burial rites reserved to a hero, and his tomb held in high esteem for the following centuries. With the passing of time, the figure of the poet was improved and exaggerated into that of a seer, a prophet and a magus, and legends telling of his supernatural protection the city of Naples and prodigious magical accomplishments began to arise. Such was his (well-deserved) fame, that even as a pagan and wizard, the Middle Ages didn’t taint his name.
    Fun trivia: Virgil’s grandfather was named Magus (no, really), and his name can be said to derive from virga, ‘wand’.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Item Construction: A
    It’s the skill to manufacture magical items. Indispensable to create artificial familiars.

Territory Creation: A
    It’s the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this level the creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Enchant: A
    The skill pertaining the magical ability of improving the attributes and functionalities of a second-party, usually employed to reinforce the battle capabilities of the Servant's Master.

High-Speed Incantation: B
    The capacity to recite spells at high speeds.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

Omnia Munda Mundis: This Evil Shall Not Taint You
    Type: Anti-Unit (Support)

A unique kind of enchantment exclusively reserved to Caster for his use. However, even if originating from the magus’ own fame, rather than a spell to renforce himself it is meant to be cast on second parties, most notably his Master. Throughout his legend, Virgil employed many demonic familiars, from using living artefacts such as the Fly, the Cicada, the Leech, animals usually associated with the powers of darkness, to downright summoning and manipulating devils. He however never abused his powers for evil, but always acted in the interests of the people and petitioners. Because of this, Virgil alone enjoyed a protected status, and not even the full pagan demonization conducted by the Church in the Middle Ages tainted his reputation, which remained immaculate. His nickname when in Naples was ‘Parthenias’, both referring to the city itself (at that time called Parthenope), but also in itself referring to ‘maiden-like’, ‘virginal’, further reinforcing the purity of his being. He was thus nicknamed apparently because his reserved and shy personality. Virgil is not like Faust; he gains the magic arts at no cost to himself, and when in one folktale he finds himself surrounded by eighty thousand devils, he orders them not to bring him treasures but instead to pave a long street.
    At the end of each turn, it cancels every ailment accumulated. Every change in status is brought back to what it was at the moment it was cast. It prevents spiritual and magical afflictions to ammass, although it still cannot defend against High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Even though it effectively negates the influence of toxins and fatigue accumulating in the body, it cannot however heal wounds.

Black Bombast of Devils: Horde of a Single Eventful Night
    Type: Anti-Fortress

Arguably Caster’s most powerful offensive spell in his arsenal, although as it’s customary for him, it isn’t intended to be harmful to the living.
    Using his main Noble Phantasm, Caster can bind to his will thousands of Nature Spirits at the same time. Although he employed this ability in many circumstances, the most famous occurence is probably the one that, according to the legend, produced the Crypta Neapolitana (Latin ‘Neapolitan Crypt’), a perforation through solid rock said to have been performed via prodigious means. The Crypta is a tunnel, built to shorten the trip from Naples to Pozzuoli, over 700 metres (2,300 ft) in length and between 4 to 6 metres (13 to 20 ft) wide, while the height varies from 7 to 30 metres (23 to 98 ft). Even so, Seneca described it as a long, dark and dusty dungeon, an impressive and oppressive narrow path which not even the sixty-four lampposts placed along the road could fully illuminate, except for the summer solstice, in which the coincident sun would shine from one end to the other, lighting up the way all through. ゴゴゴ intensifies...
    According to tradition, Virgil built this tunnel in one single night, employing his demonic familiars.
    At the end of this tunnel, the very tomb of the poet can be found, as he was buried in his beloved city.

Libro del Comando: Black Book of Binding Spirits
    Type: Anti-Unit (Support)

Its nature isn’t just that of a single, simple book of magic, but the resulting compendium of all the grimoires and magical texts Virgil read, studied and collected in his life. It’s a huge tome listing powerful spells and names of spirits, and the ways to summon and control them, even in large numbers. With the help of his magical knowledge, transcribed into this spellbook, Vergilius was said to have accomplished fantastical and impressive feats: from extinguishing all the fires in Rome to turn men and armies immobile, into stone.

The Libro del Comando , sometimes referred to as Libro del Potere (Italian for ‘Book of Control’ and ‘of Power’, respectively) is an old and widespread artefact in the tradition of Italy’s magical lore and history. Several sorcerers, including Agrippa and Pietro d’Abano, were said to have employed it, in one redaction or another, as well the traditional Masca (a witch) in which they transcribed their formulas and remedies used in magical rituals. In some of the most recent traditions, it was said to be written by the Devil himself. It is the very archetype of the ‘book of magic’.
    In any case, the tradition appoints the concept of the Libro in his most ancient incarnation to the Mantuan poet, whose spellbook is a cut above for quality and extension when compared to the successive copies and ‘editions’. Mentions of magical books attribuited to Virgil are also found in the accounts of Roger II’s, whose English scholar Ludowicus allows him to finally conquer the city after many attempts and a long siege, only after disturbing the bones of the poet and stealing a book of Ars Notoria kept under his skull and mortal remains, and the Volumen Nigrum Incantatorum (Black Book of Spells) mentioned by Alexander Neckam in his “Secret History of Virgil”.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

I kid you not, there is apparently a rather vast and rich tradition that sees Virgil as a magus, and not from one single source either. Not even with Nasuverse shenanigans where authors are ‘Casters’, no, he’s a true wizard, and with quite the achievements under his belt.

Spoiler:
    Among them, he enjoyed great fame and importance in life and right after his death, and his burial was carried out with the honor tributed to heroes at whose tombs the devout may find protection and counsel (as from Orpheus' oracular head), and sacred rites were held every year on his birthday.
    It all starts with the method of divination called Sortes Vergilianae, a system in which passages randomly extracted from the Aeneid were interpreted to predict the future. This, in the second century AD.
    Later on, with the advent of the Church, Virgil’s fame enjoyed a unique circumstance: he was appreciated and respected as a great poet whose talent was undeniable... but he was a pagan. The dichotomy between the two positions was such that, out of necessity to reconcile the poet with the current Christian sentiment, a passage from his fourth Eclogue ended up being interpreted as a prophecy of the coming of Christ, with the mention of a Virgin (Virgo) and a celestial Boy (Puer) that will usher the world into the renewed Golden Age.

These were only the beginning: the main legend, which sees Virgil as a through-and-through thaumaturge, would be developed during the successive Middle Ages, and accounts of his deeds just bloom (it would require another paragraph just fr them, so I’ll spare you). His sphere of activity is mainly his beloved Naples, with some adventures in Rome. Even though his activity as a sorcerer is found prevalently in Naples, his fame was far from limited to Southern Italy. On the contrary, the first scholars to write down his deeds come from beyond the Alps: it’s the case of John of Salisbury, Alexander of Neckam, Gervase of Tilbury, Hélinand de Froidmont and Konrad von Querfurt. And again in Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival (twelfth century) Klingsor the magician is Virgil's descendant, and Virgil the magician appears in Cléomades, written near the end of the thirteenth century, and in Renart le Contrefait, written in the fourteenth century.

Such was his fame as a magus, that in some accounts he is even retconned as the teacher of a young Merlin... yes, that Merlin. And after a second thought, it shouldn’t be surprising: their legends were developed roughly in the same period, but Virgil had a longer tradition. The two figures appear similar: they are both remarkable and unique men, supernatural beings of uncanny births, wise poets or bards, men from nature (Virgil from the fields, Merlin from the forest); they are both at times tricksters and outwitted by women, and closely related to heads of state that have ushered their kingdom into a new (golden) age.
    Indeed it can be said that little by little Virgil’s legend was expanded, becoming a sort of repository for all manners of magical tales and common elements of fables, to the point that some of the accomplishments attribuited to him were shared with other widespread characters of magic, such as Merlin.

TL;DR Virgil is a cool magus who predicted the birth of Jesus Christ and gave lessons to Merlin. And he was so loved that even with the fame of a pagan and a sorcerer, even the Church of the Dark Ages thought he was a swell dude.