Page 586 of 782 FirstFirst ... 86486536576581584585586587588591596636686 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,720 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    as in, bought the HGW cheat manual and input the code.
    as in, not naturally occurring.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Class: Striker

STR: C (B)
    END: C (B)
    AGI: A+
    MGI: E
    LCK: C+

Class Skills

Natural Weapon (A): The ability to use one's own body as a deadly weapon. As a boxer and martial artist, Striker
    naturally possesses a high rank in this skill, and receives a Rank-up to STR and END when fighting unarmed.

Magic Resistance (D): Cancels single-action spells, equivalent to an anti-magic amulet.

Personal Skills

Bravery (A): The ability to negate mental interference and not lose one's focus during battle.
    Also has a bonus effect of increasing melee damage.

Pygmachia (A): Literally translated as "fist fighting", it is the practice of Ancient Greek boxing.
    Differing from Pankration, it focuses mainly on punches to incapacitate opponents. At this rank, one
    is at the level of an undefeated Olympic champion.

Eye of Mind (True) (B+): Striker is capable of taking the true measure of his opponent and discerning
    their moves before they make them, allowing him to deduce the appropriate course of action to avoid them.

Noble Phantasms

207th Olympiad~Mind of Iron, Body of Water (B, Anti-Unit)

Striker's claim to fame was his legendary ability to totally avoid the punches of his opponents. Even though his ability to withstand damage is impressive,
    as evidenced by accounts of him standing completely still with his guard up for two days at a time, Striker relied on his agility to deftly evade the blows
    of his competitors while maintaining an iron defense. Rather than a Noble Phantasm that makes him "as unyielding as iron", it carries the concept of being
    "as untouchable as water". As long as Striker maintains a defensive stance and does not damage his opponent, he cannot be touched. One might assume that
    such an ability is the result of divine favor, but it is purely the result of Striker's training and intuition. During a close-range fight, Striker's body and mind are
    seamlessly merged as his perceptions are raised to a level comparable to a high-speed camera, and his AGI is raised to allow his body to keep up.
    The increase in LCK that the stance provides is just for good measure.

???? (A+, Anti-Unit)

A blow that Striker never unleashed in life, for fear that he would not only kill his opponent, but utterly destroy them due to his great strength.
    This secret of his is the reason he fights without throwing a single punch. The name of this Noble Phantasm is unknown even to Striker, but
    it is surely a mighty blow that will punch through the greatest defenses; for him to have become an Olympic Champion despite keeping it secret
    and handicapping himself, it could be nothing less. He will use his ultimate punch only when forced by a Command Seal, and it will become unusable
    if anyone survives to witness it, since its strength is only equivalent to the mystery he never revealed out of respect for the sport and his opponent.

Background
    Melankomas was an Ancient Greek boxer from Caria (modern day Turkey) and victor in the 207th Olympiad (AD 49).
    He is known to us mainly from the 28th and 29th Discourses of Dio Chrysostom, in which the writer uses his life as
    a canvas for a discussion of the ideal athlete and the ideal man. Dio praises his athleticism, good looks, and
    brave heart. With regard to boxing, Dio claims for him a unique style: he would totally avoid the punches of
    the other boxer without throwing any himself. He reportedly never lost a match nor was struck by an opponent.
    Some scholars believe Melankomas to have been a real person, others that he was an invention of Dio's; there
    is nothing allowing a firm conclusion either way.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 12th, 2015 at 10:51 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Yay Striker!

Really interesting profile for a guy I hadn't heard of before, neat background and he fits in well in the Nasuverse. Too absurd!

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Another biblical Servant this time around. Cain, with the dubious distinction of being the inventor of murder. Not really a "Heroic Spirit" I know, but then again neither was Medea or Gilles de Rais. I know that second Np seems really hax but it's actually not as bad as it looks. There's still several ways to bypass it; disintegrate Assassin utterly and leave not even the Mark itself intact, somehow trick him into attacking himself (in which case it'll merely amplify his own wounds sevenfold), to cut of his oxygen supply (no matter what he redirects he still won't be able to breath.) and of course, to cut off the prana supply from his Master and simply let him fade away. And that's assuming there aren't more I haven't thought of yet.
    Couldn't Cain also have Unified Language? I mean, it is pretty hax, and maybe you are not a fan of it, but I always thought that for all the biblical characters before the Tower of Babel having Unified Language would be like an automatic choice

---

And also a Servant profile of the greatest hero of my country (I had already written him in the old forum, but that was lost to the mist of ether):

Background

José Francisco de San Martín - The Liberator

1778 - 1850

José de San Martín was a general born in what was then the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata (current Argentina). At age six his family moved to Spain, where he grew up and where he made his military career, fighting against the French rule in Spain. But when, in the context of the Napoleonic Wars, the Spanish colonies started their movements towards self-rule and then independence, San Martín left the Spanish army and in 1812 returned to Buenos Aires, where he offered his services to the United Provinces of the Río de la Plata (the previous viceroyalty, now all but in letter independent).
    There, he set himself to the task of finishing with the royalist rule in South America, that had defeated the independentist movement in Chile and was menacing the Río de la Plata. To that end, he organized a new army, and in one of his greatest deeds he crossed the Andes Mountains and beat the royalist forces in Chile in 1818. Then, avoiding the battlefront in Bolivia he set sail to Lima, the center of the royalist forces, and took it and declared Peru's independence in 1821. However, most of Peru's actual territory was still under the royalist forces, making him virtually sieged in Lima. Thus, in 1822, Simón Bolívar came from the north, and after a closed-door meeting between the two in Guayaquil, Bolívar took up the task of finishing the remaining royalist forces in South America, and San Martín left the army, politics, and parted for France. After the independence, his home country fell into civil war, and not wishing to get involved in politics he never again set foot in South America, and died at his home in France in 1850.

San Martín was, together with Bolívar, one of the two main architects of the independence of South America, and there are particularly two aspects of his life that are still debated: his motivation to throw out a promissory military career in Spain and instead support the independence of the colonies, and the content of his meeting with Bolívar in Guayaquil. However, both could be possibly understood if the theories of San Martín's freemasonry associations were true. He would have went to South America in support of movements following the lines of the Enlightenment, and in Guayaquil he would have just left the matters in charge of a fellow Freemason.

San Martín didn't fight for personal gains. He was a sincere believer of the ideals of the Enlightenment, and can in this sense be considered one of the artificers of the end of the Ancien Régime and the beginning of the Modern Age in South America.

Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class skills
    Magic Resistance: B+ (Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected. Moreover, his Freemason training makes this resistance particularly potent against sacraments of the Holy Church)
    Riding: B (Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts. As an army general, Saber was accomplished in mounted warfare)

Personal skills
    Military tactics: C (Tactical knowledge used for battles where whole armies are mobilized. It also grants a bonus to his own anti-army Noble Phantasm, or when facing anti-army Noble Phantasms. Possessing a sharp military mind, Saber was one of the greatest generals of the southern cone)
    Charisma: C (The talent to lead an army and raise its morale. Saber was able to make an army with limited resources, and kept a strict discipline during its long campaign)
    Crossing Arcadia: C (The ability to ignore obstacles when moving on the field. In Saber's case, he can lead armies to cross seemingly impassable geographical features)
    Innovation: B (The conceptual revolution of replacing the old order with the new one. It grants a modifier against opponents who are guardians of the establishment)

Noble Phantasms

The Army of the Andes - Instant Army Assembly
    Type: Anti-army
    Probably Saber's most famous deed is the assembly of the Army of the Andes. With basically no material support from the central government of the Río de la Plata, and even with its actual opposition, he managed to gather and train a formidable army from a heterogeneous mix of refugees, local militias and volunteers in just a couple of years, and with this army he would cross the Andes mountain range and liberate Chile from the royalist rule.
    Using this Noble Phantasm, Saber can recognize anyone who wishes to join his "army" as one of his soldiers, raising his physical parameters to C. This is not a physical transformation but rather an unlocking of the target's potential; as such, the mana expenditure is almost null, and there is no upper limit to how many individuals can be part of Saber's army as determined by his own of his Master's mana reserves. If there is a limit, it would be determined by the material logistics of having to manage the soldiers, or even by the need of having to find people willing to become part of his army in the first place.
    Additionally, this Noble Phantams grants a limited empathy between the soldiers of the army, facilitating the giving of orders and the accomplishment of goals, effectively granting a bonus to the use of the military tactics skill. This empathy sense is stronger when across immediate levels of the command chain; if Saber's Master is part of his army, it grants effective telepathy between both of them.
    Last edited by Mazyrian; September 12th, 2015 at 10:39 PM.
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for giving such in-depth commentary NMR-3! I feel flattered that you went through the effort just for me LOL (insert blushing smiley here). My own comments are in blue by the way.

Lancer:

True Name: Cassius Longinus

Alignment: Lawful Good

Summoning Catalyst: fragment of the original Longinus

Strength: C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- A
    Luck- D
    NP- C
    No Magic stat?
    What does the Mana stat quantify exactly? Is it ability to cast spells (in which case he'd have E rank) or just the amount of magical energy the Servant possesses for Noble Phantasms and suchlike. I kinda' assumed it was the former and so didn't bother to put it in for any Servants without any overt spellcasting.

Appearance: a tall and slender young man, with handsome facial features that seem burdened by a deep weariness. He has dark hair sporting spiky bangs and tied back into a long ponytail. His eyes are dark purple. He wears a stylized outfit resembling the uniform of a roman centurion. A silver cross hangs around his neck, resting over his heart. His weapon is a long, ornate golden spear with a crossguard. This spear is also his primary Noble Phantasm "Longinus".

Personality: A faithful man, burdened by guilt over his past actions. He fights on tirelessly, driven by the memory of a certain man who loved all of humanity and died for their sake without regret. Rather than simply pious devotion, it can be called "a favor to a friend he'd just met but felt he knew for eternity". He's aghast at the Holy Grail, supposedly containing the blood of Christ being used in such an accursed ritual as the Holy Grail War and seeks to obtain it merely so nobody else will and to end such a bloody spectacle once and for all. He dislikes senseless violence although as a centurion he does still enjoy fighting worthy opponents.
    Nothing special here.

Dislikes: hypocrites, the Holy Grail
    Hobby: battling worthy opponents

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C rank)- allows him to cancel spells with an incantation of less than two verses.
    Personally, I always like to add justification after a skill. Makes it feel a little less bare, y'know?
    I mean, I can sorta understand the rank, but additional info is always nice.
    I could probably put something here about his Magic Resistance coming from being blessed with the blood of Christ if you'd like.

Personal Skills:

Saint (B+ rank)- the nature of one venerated as a saint after death. When Lancer is summoned, the effect equals to raising the effectiveness of sacraments by one full rank.
    Why the +? + denotes a doubling of the rank in specific circumstances. The skill and bonus aren't bad by themselves, though.
    Really? I thought B+ just meant that it above B rank but below A rank. I could always change it to A rank if you'd like though.

Soul Of A Martyr (A rank)- Nullification of mental interference through firmness of faith. In life, Longinus willingly offered himself for execution to the roman empire for the sake of his beliefs.
    Wouldn't this fit under Saint too? You could make both skills into one without much trouble.
    Good point. I'll probably do just that when I'm finished with my reply here.

Military Tactics (D rank)- as a roman centurion, he obviously possesses some knowledge of military tactics.
    Mhm. Military Tactics is something that's handed out like candy. This just feels rather superfluous.
    Well, he is a centurion, after all. That ought to justify some level of Military Tactics, I would say. Now, if I gave him Iskander rank or above than that'd be another story LOL...

Instinct (A+ rank)- a honed "sixth sense" that allows one to "feel" appropriate developments during battle. With an A+ rank in this skill, Lancer is capable of fighting effectively even while blinded, relying solely on his instict to perceive the battlefield around him. Although blind for much of his life, Longinus was still capable of fighting effectively as a roman centurion. Because of this skill Lancer fights with his eyes closed against most opponents, only opening them when he faces one who is truly formidable.
    Neat idea to make his blindness into a benefit.
    Cool! I'm glad you like it! It's perfect for the kind of "I'm not right-handed" situations that shonen seems to love so much (i.e Dragon's Ball's weighted clothing, Kenpachi's sealing eyepatch from Bleach, et cetera).

Noble Phantasms:

Longinus- Holy Lance Of Deicide (D~A rank, Anti-Divine): Lancer's primary Noble Phantasm is the golden spear which he carries. A holy relic said to have pierced the side of Christ, it crystallizes the concept of "that which can kill a God". When the Noble Phantasm's name is invoked the spear becomes a ray of golden light which shoots forward to pierce the opponent's side. Its power and rank scales depending on the opponent's divinity stat, so for C rank divinity it would be a C rank Noble Phantasm, B rank for B rank divinity and so on. This nature makes it an ideal weapon for fighting Servants with high divinity, and is theoretically capable of one-hit-killing true deities. For Divinity D rank and below, it merely has the effect of a stab from an ordinary spear.

Crucifixion- Sacrament Of The True Cross (C rank, Anti-Unit): a Noble Phantasm representing Lancer's role in Christ's crucifixion. It can only be activated when Lancer has inflicted a wound on all four of the opponent's limbs (a wound defined as something that draws blood), representing the four stigmata. For each wound inflicted a runic circle of light will appear around the limb in question. When all four circles are formed the Noble Phantasm's name can be invoked to temporarily force the opponent's divinity status to A rank, effectively rendering them unto a Divine Spirit. They don't gain any additional powers as a result of this however, and it only serves to make Lancer's other Noble Phantasm, Longinus a guaranteed one-hit-kill. The crucifixion, originally a mere tool of execution, becomes a symbol of holiness that sanctifies all who partake in it. However, the stringent activation requirements make this Noble Phantasm impractical to use under most circumstances.
    This is a pretty good combination, really. Like you said, it works similarly to St. George's NPs.
    We've already seen there are Anti-Divine NPs in existence in canon, like Gilgamesh's Enkidu. A beam is a little plain, though. Especially when most beams should be able to be avoided by more agile Servants.
    And wouldn't Crucifixion interfere with Longinus' beliefs? "You shall have no other god before me", and all that. You can probably justify it, on the other hand.

So, what do you think everyone? There's plenty more where that one came from! Also if you're wondering Longinus's second NP was inspired by Saint George's Abyssus Draconis in that it gives the enemy an attribute (Divinity in Longinus's case, draconianism for George) which makes them vulnerable to his other NP. At first I had the idea that it would just immobilize the enemy in crucifixion position when invoked but I decided that was too boring and went with this instead. Hope he's not too OP or anything.
    I've definitely seen worse. Check out the Simon Bolivar Servant sheet if you want to see a truly horrendous example of wanking.
    Or better yet, the Longinus sheet that Dimensionist made in the Modern Fiction Servants thread. Y'know, the one with 7 Personal Skills, a version of Arcuied's Origin Of All combined with practically unlimited regeneration, Lance of Longinus as an anti-everything Noble Phantasm theoretically capable of destroying the entire friggin' universe (seriously, how does stabbing a nearly dead guy on a cross equate to being able to destroy universes and abstract concepts? At least my Anti-Divine classification has some mythological grounding.) as well as another ability that's basically defined as "I win, so long as it's possible for me to win". I like OP characters as much as the next guy, but even I practically facepalmed when I read that sheet LOL...

All in all, it's a pretty decent sheet. Just needs some more meat on its bones, you know?

Servant Archer:

True Name: Annie Oakley

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Summoning Catalyst: a coin that she shot through, enscribed with her name
    A nice little detail to include.
    Thanks! I actually looked up online for relics associated with Annie Oakley and that's where I got the idea for her Summoning Catalyst.

Strength- C
    Agility- A
    Endurance- D
    Luck- A
    NP- B+
    Still no Magic stat.

Appearance: a young woman with thick, curly orangish red hair reaching down to the middle of her back and mischevous green eyes. She wears an open brown leather jacket, a simple band of white cloth over her breasts, white short shorts with a gunslinger style belt slung across her hips where she keeps her rifle holstered, brown leather chaps, white boots with spurs and brown flared gloves.
    Typical gunslinger outfit, then.
    Yep, basically. Gunslinger outfit with a touch of fanservice.

Personality: a irrepressible and free-spirited young lady. She takes pride in her talents as a sharpshooter and will take any opportunity to regail others with tales of her exploits. She also has a more playful and teasing side which she mainly expresses to her Master. She can be something of a show-off at times, although she won't hesitate to take her opponent seriously when necessary.
    I dunno about that last part; character flaws are easily exploitable for drama or plot purposes. Something to keep in mind if you're ever gonna use this in some form of RP or other story.

Dislikes: uptight people
    Hobby: sharpshooting

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (D rank)- cancels single-action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree as an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    Due to her being rather modern, I assume.

Independant Action (B rank)- the ability to remain in existence without recieving prana from one's Master. At B rank, she can remain in this world for two days without an established contract. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage to her spiritual core.
    Another place I'd like some more explanation. You could note that she's known for her independence or something; I'm afraid I'm not terribly familiar with her legend.
    Something for me to think about, I suppose.

Personal Skills:

Sharpshooter (A rank)- a unique skill allowing Archer to make almost impossibly accurate and precise shots. Her marksmanship, already amazing in life, is exaggerated in legend to the point where she can perform complex ricochet shots and shoot enemy projectiles out of the air.
    Only one skill? Seems a little small.
    My suggestion is that you add Clairvoyance, if nothing else.
    You could also change one of her NPs into a skill.
    Yeah, I'll probably add one or two extra Skills here.

Noble Phantasms:

Little Sure Shot- The Luck Of The Draw (B rank, Anti-Unit): a Noble Phantasm reflecting Archer's reputation as "the quickest draw in the west". Whenever an attack commences and her gun is still holstered, the Noble Phantasm's name can be invoked as she draws her gun, retroactively inserting her own attack prior to the opponent's. To ordinary humans everything will appear normal while those with magical potential will be able to see time itself rewinding to allow her to get the shot in. The attack is generally non-fatal against fellow Servants, mainly serving to counter and disrupt the opponent's offense. The effect can be negated if the target has a sufficiently high Luck stat. Although she mainly activates it with her rifle in truth it's her abilities as a markswoman that are her Noble Phantasm, not the rifle itself. Any firearm type weapon will work just as well. When asked about the Noble Phantasm's ability, Archer will merely describe it as "the luck of the draw."
    Reminds me of Lucky Luke. Shooting faster than her own shadow, eh?
    You've clearly based yourself around Chuchulainn's Gae Bolg here. You've written yourself into a bit of a difficult position, though: B-rank seems high for something that's generally non-fatal, but rewinding time is something that seems to necessitate a higher rank.
    I was actually more inspired by Bazett's Fragarach, but close enough.

Pride Of A Gunslinger- A True Cowboy Keeps Her Gun In Her Heart (C rank, Support)- unlike the old heroes of lore, Archer's skills don't come from possessing a holy or cursed sword, nor from a blessing of the gods but from her sheer talents as a markswoman. Because her legend isn't bound with any one weapon, any firearm she picks up and uses will have the power of a C rank Noble Phantasm.
    Mhm. Honestly, this isn't a really fitting NP.
    I mean, Lancelot had Knight of Honour because he beat the shit out of a dude with a fucking branch. Meanwhile this NP just comes out of being good with every kind of gun. I'd make this one a skill like you originally planned.
    Hm, I understand what you mean. On the other hand, I really like the NP's title (which is a Baccano reference BTW!) and don't want to give it up.

Old Frontier- Victory Goes To The Swiftest (B+ rank, Reality Marble): a Reality Marble that imposes the image of a wild west style desert upon the surrounding area complete with a setting sun, large canyons visible in the distance and tumbleweed rolling by. When activated, all but the intended target will be pushed out as the Reality Marble expands and all outside interference will be barred, forcing a one on one duel. Within this Reality Marble the first wound inflicted will always be a lethal blow no matter no minor, insofar as it draws blood. It provides an equalizing force that makes attack power irrelevant for like a quick draw battle in the old west, whoever lands the first attack is guaranteed victory. A double edged Noble Phantasm that puts Archer at just as much risk as the opponent and is thus used only as a last resort. All other Noble Phantasms (including Archer's own) will also be sealed while this is active, rendering the battle a true test of skill. Because Archer lacks especially powerful Noble Phantasms, this puts her at an advantage more often than not.
    So we've had Chuchulainn's Gae Bolg, Lancelot's Knight of Honour, and now we get Achilles's Duel Field?
    There's no law saying you can't do this, of course. It's just a tad noticeable.
    Anyway, I like the idea. It definitely puts her at an advantage, but it's overcomeable as long as the other Servant can hit her first (and realizes what's happening, obviously).
    Funny, I actually wasn't thinking of Achilles's Duel Field at all when I made this (although now that I think about it he did have something like that). His didn't have the death-by-first-blood property that Annie's has though so that makes for quite a difference even if they're superficially similar.

Servant Rider:

True Name: Santa Claus

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- D
    Agility- A
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- A
    NP- A++

Appearance: a busty young woman with long, curly silver-white hair and vibrant blue eyes. She wears a red minidress with white fur trim, a thick belt of brown leather across her waist, a red cape across her shoulders with white fur trim, candy cane striped thigh-high stockings, a floppy santa hat and black shoes with medium heels.
    Isn't that basically Ms Claus? I've definitely heard of the concept before.
    Don't see why the genderbend was at all necessary, though. Arturia had her backstory reworked somewhat to make it fit, this seems to be just for kicks.
    Which would you rather have, an old fat guy or a smoking hot chick?

History: a Heroic Spirit that can be called the crystallization of children's wishes, rather than any particular historical or mythological figure. Even if Saint Nicholas was the origin of the Santa Claus story, nontheless the legend itself goes far beyond him. A legend that developes a life of it's own, and becomes a Heroic Spirit in of itself due to the pure beliefs and wishes of children. She's the opposite existence of something like Avenger, embodied from mankind's hatred and sins.
    It is Santa, after all.

Personality: she has a "live life to the fullest!" sort of personality as well as being somewhat flighty and childish, akin to Stay Night's Taiga Fujimura. She likes all children equally even bad ones, although she feels bad ones have to be punished to teach them a lesson so they grow into better people. Nontheless, it's not something she enjoys doing. She also expresses annoyance at how commercialized christmas has become at present, as opposed to the spirit of giving which she originally intended. Her wish on the Holy Grail would be to create a happy ending for children everywhere.

Dislikes: commercialization of christmas, having to give coal ("Trust me kiddo, this hurts me more than it hurts you!")
    Hobby: giving gifts

Class Skills:

Riding (A rank)

Magic Resistance (E rank)- doesn't negate magecraft, rather just reduces the damage somewhat.

Territory Creation (B rank)- can create a "workshop" that allows for faster and more efficient creation of gifts.

Item Construction (EX rank)- allows for construction of "gifts" on par with Noble Phantasms. The time needed to fully craft a gift varies depending on the rank; the higher the rank the more time and effort is required to successfully manifest it, up to several weeks for higher ranked gifts. EX rank Noble Phantasms are beyond the scope of this ability. The construction process can be hastened with the help of her Workshop and elf familiars. The Noble Phantasms that she makes with this skill are fundamentally "gifts meant for others" and thus their unique properties cannot be unlocked by Rider herself, only whoever she chooses to give them to. A gift will dissolve into coal if anybody but it's designated owner tries to use it (as well as anyone with a character alignment of "Evil"). Moreover, because the constructed Noble Phantasms are freshly made they lack the mystery accumulated by truly legendary weapons and so will lose out in a direct contest of ability.
    Heh. Only to be expected from Santa, I suppose. The sheet would definitely be lacking something if it didn't include something like this.

Personal Skills:

Double Summon (B rank)- a rare personal skill possessed only by a select few Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess class skills from two distinct classes. Although a Rider class Servant officially, she possesses Class Skills for the Caster class as well.
    Fitting use of the skill. Don't really see why the skill has a rank, though. You either have it or you don't.
    Well, Semiramis had it at rank B too so I'm only going with canon here. It is true though that putting a ranking on something like that seems sorta odd. As you said you either have it or you don't.

Eye Of The Mind (True) (C rank)- a heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience. Rider can flawlessly discern the quality of someone's character, in other words whether they're "naughty or nice". Even the most skilled of decievers would have trouble hiding from her prying eyes. However Rider's version of this skill is useless for combat purposes.
    Sort of like Discernement of the Poor, then. An interesting interpretation.
    Yes, basically.

Divinity (B rank)- Santa Claus's legend origanated from Saint Nicholas, which would normally be enough to give her C rank Divinity. However her legend was also said to have assimilated aspects from the all-father Odin of norse mythology, which is enough to boost her Divinity to B rank.
    Divinity? Not Saint? It's in Saint Nick's name, after all.
    Santa Claus and Saint Nicholas aren't actually the same person though. Nick was presumably an actual person at some point whereas Santa, while she was inspired by the deeds of Saint Nicholas is an existence unto herself. In a way, she's not even the "real" Santa Claus because there is no such thing. She's merely the embodiment of children's wishes, given form according to the popular myth of Santa Claus (and the perverted fantasies of otaku apparently...). In that sense, she's of a similar nature to Sasaki Kojiro, another "fake" Servant who's an amalgamation of different legends (the one who wielded his sword and the one who used his famous technique being separate people). Actually when you think about it, Santa as I've described her would actually be a form of Imaginary Demon (defined on Type-Moon wiki as an entity given form by human wishes).

Familiars (Elves) (C rank)- can summon cheerful green-clad, rosy-cheeked elves to use as familiars. The elves are mainly used to assist in the production of gifts. While they can be used for offensive purposes, they're very weak physically and are little more than an annoyance even to a regular human much less as Servant.

Noble Phantasms:

Sleigh Of Saint Nicholas- Around The World In A Day (A++ rank, Anti-Army): Rider summons her legendary sleigh pulled by the nine reindeer Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. They're are not ordinary reindeer but Phantasmal Beasts representing the wishes of children. Reindeer are so entertwined with the tale of Santa Claus as to be so sometimes mistaken for myth themselves. The sleigh is capable of flying through the air at an extreme speed (able to travel the entire earth in a day at maximum velocity) and wherever it goes it leaves an aurora borealis like trail in it's wake as well as a rain of snowflakes that bury everything behind it in snow. However this Noble Phantasm's most powerful ability lies in it's ninth reindeer Rudolph. Invoked with the line "Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?" prana begins to concentrate into Rudolph's red nose before being released in a powerful Anti-Army level attack, a massive and extremely destructive crimson beam visible from several miles away. This attack is titled Rudolph- The Shining Ray Which Lights The Darkness and can be considered a sub-Noble Phantasm in it's own right.
    Rudolph as pseudo-Excalibur? Jeez.
    Nothing else to remark on otherwise, though.

This one's quite a bit more of a stretch concept-wise than my previous two Servants. Also my first genderbend (although considering nobody's ever actually seen Santa it's not too far fetched I hope). I originally intended the gift creation ability to a Noble Phantasm in it's own right but I ended up subsuming it under Item Creation instead. I imagine the way it'd work if she was in a Fate spinoff would be she'd be somehow collectively summoned by an entire orphanage and although she herself dislikes violence, the orphans want to win the Grail for her and she reluctantly helps them out (so basically like Kamado Ueshita from Mirai Nikki). She was also of course inspired by Alexander Dumas, the Caster class Servant from Strange Fake who had a similar ability of "crafting" NPs. It's worth noting that considering the power of a Heroic Spirit partly depends on how many people believe in them Santa would actually be pretty damn powerful. Nowadays even the most famous mythical heroes (Heracles, King Arthur, et cetera) are not really believed in like they were in the olden days, while Santa Claus is still (at least ostensibly) believed in by children across the world. That would account for millions of people worldwide believing in her, not to mention all the people giving gifts in the name of Santa probably contribute to her legend in some way too.

It's definitely a nice idea for a sheet. You're not the only one who's had that thought, really.
    Kinda hard to take the Servant seriously, though.
    Also, I'd think the place she was summoned would change her behavior and maybe appearance, no?
    For instance, if she was summoned in Germany she'd probably also have a NP relating to Krampus. Something to think about, at any rate.
    Funny you should say that. I was actually thinking of giving her a NP based on Krampus (similar to Atalanta's Agrius Metamorphosis). In fact, I might actually add that to the sheet later on. Santa could use another Noble Phantasm (even if Rudolph sorta counts as a secondary NP).
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 13th, 2015 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Couldn't Cain also have Unified Language?
    Yeah, I thought of that too but decided against it because Unified Language is just ridiculously overpowered. There's a reason only one guy in the entire Nasuverse ever had it. If I wanted to include Unified Language I'd have to nerf it so badly that'd basically just be a glorified Mystic Eyes Of Compulsion.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 12th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know a whole lot about Tsukuhime/Melty Blood, but i remember reading that Dust of Osiris uses the Unified Language.

Could be wrong though

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about Tsukuhime/Melty Blood, but i remember reading that Dust of Osiris uses the Unified Language.

Could be wrong though
    Satsuki Kurogiri from Oblivion Recodring uses it too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post

Could be wrong though
    used it as a programming language for hermes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Update: I merged Soul Of A Martyr with Saint on Longinus's sheet, plus it now gives immunity to poisons as well as mental interference. I also gave Annie two additional Personal Skills (Clairvoyance and Bravery) as well as giving Santa a whole new Noble Phantasm Krampus- Scourging Demon Of Christmas which works basically like a combo of Atalanta's Agrius Metamorphosis with Vlad III's Dracula.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    All in all, it's a pretty decent sheet. Just needs some more meat on its bones, you know?

Again, comments in orange. Grammar corrections or sentence structure problems in red.
    Will continue with the other sheets later.

Thanks for input, NMR-3! To answer everything:

She isn't recorded as a woman or a dude. All versions I know just post her as 'Mordred'. Mordred isn't the most fleshed out character in Arthurian legend, so future recorders of the myths could just assume Mordred was a man. No really known as a 'king', merely an interesting tidbit of knowledge from less famous version of myth. There, Mordred rules in Arthur's name when King goes to Rome, and takes over when people ask for it. At the end of reign Arthur lost some popularity. And chaotic neutral means more that one isn't bound by anyone's rules but one's own. It's just mention of her preferred method of fighting and killing enemies anyway.

In stat terms, I looked upon Arturia's best physical stats (under Kiritsugu B/A/A) and seeing as Mordred is her clone, just decided to swap END and STR to reflect that, despite wounds, it was Arturia who was victorious in their fight. Mordred always was more of a 'attack is best defense' kind of fighter. Her MGI is so high, because as a clone she has two things running. Arturia's copied Dragon Core (it may be convenient fanon) and being homunculus (both things acknowledged as enormous prana batteries). If it's such a bugging issue, I will lower it. And her LCK is C.

For Kingslayer, its just that Mordred's entire legend revolves around being the one to end Arthur's reign, and since Arturia has special circumstances working for her (other kings would probably perish from those wounds), legend just went 'meh, close enough'. And in rank spread for this skill I did for fun, E means 'ultimately failed, but here, take this Luck bonus as a compensation, better luck this time'.

Mana Burst is not really better than Arturia. It's just this technique fits so well with Mordred, she went and made it the only thing she put an effort into mastering. + represents better control (in this case, the same effect requires less prana). Mordred really was throwing her prana around with it.

Cool armor is still there, Secret of Pedigree was just a helmet. And that cloaking effect is more so people don't freak out when aura from Kingslayer hits (it's basically a beacon saying 'don't trust this person guys, really'). And she can't really change her appearance, more like make it seems like she is someone's ally for the moment (alliances aren't all that unusual in HGW). Clarent is just as much influenced by legend as she is. It's remembered as sword of traitors and cowards, a blade that knows no loyalty. And while Mordred will take care to have it in her hand at all times, in the unlikely event, Clarent will work just as great to others as it's for her.

I honestly weren't thinking of Proto!Excalibur. Conditions idea was inspired by Maria the Ripper. And yes, there are a little to many beams in Fate.

Keep in mind, until Siriel deconstructed my headcanon, it was meant as reworking of canonical sheet. So it's still Mordred that is meant for Nasuverse, which means that King Arthur was eternally young and 'looking a little like beautiful maiden'.

And thanks people for clearing my misunderstanding of EX-rank!

RoyldGolden, let me tell you, the idea of Library of Alexandria as a loli is amusing.

Maybe Cain could have Unified Language if, somehow, summoned as Caster (not even his preferable alternate class, just like with Gilles, complete garbage at it and only qualifies because of one thing)? One could tweak with it by saying, that it can be resisted by skills preventing mental interference. Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

True Name: Pyrrhus of Epirus, Last Chance of Greece
    Class: Rider

Looks:
    Tall, lean man with short, gray hair and soft, grey eyes. He dresses in traditional Greek armor, without much in a way of ornaments. Probably the only exception to this is Gauntlet on his right hand, made of bronze and encrusted with single lapis lazuli - a gift from his first wife.

Personality:
    Calm, benevolent man in forties capable of great kindness. He very much loves embrace of a woman, though he won't seek it outside serious relationship. Despite being smart and well educated, his constant headaches cause him to seek physical activities. He possesses reflective nature, and likes to write, being an author of several memoirs and books on art of war. Despite being well mannered, Pyrrhus tends to be somewhat snarky in stressful situations.

Weapon and fighting:
    Nameless two-handed battle hammer that he jokingly calls 'σφυρί για τους Ρωμαίους(sfyrí gia tous Ro̱maíous)' or 'Maleus Romani'. Despite his personality, Pyrrhus is vicious fighter, using broad swings of his hammer to strike his enemies with great force. Due to his migraines, he fights without really thinking, relying on pure skill and instinct.

STR: C+
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B+

Class Skills:

Riding: C
    Expertise to ride animal and vehicles. Most of them can be handled with average skill for his era, though one cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Races. Although skilled on horse, Rider was in no way considered legendary and as such, his skill is shockingly low for his class.

Magic Resistance: C+
    Grants protection against magical effects, cancelling spells with chant below two verses. Living during late Age of Gods, Rider had to face hostile magecraft in his wars and as such, possesses limited resistance to magic. Additional bonus comes in play when facing magecraft cast by Roman magi.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: B
    Natural talent to command an army, at this rank suitable for a leader of a country.

Migraine: C
    Chronic headaches that make it difficult to focus on mental tasks. While a great figure, Rider was often described as restless and unable to focus for prolonged periods of time. As such, any time he wishes to take part of mental activities or even make a plan for battle, Rider risks suffering splitting headache if he fails a Luck check.

Military Tactics: B-
    Tactical knowledge, for battles where many are mobilized and as such, useful when deploying one's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or defending against another's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. While Rider was in life hailed as the second greatest commander after Alexander the Great, his own legend distorted his skill so much, that he receives permanent penalty when using it. All victories achieved trough usage of this skill will come at extreme cost of either Servant's health or prana reserves.

NOBLE PHANTASMS

Ausculum: One More Such Victory, And We Are Undone
    Type: Anti-Army
    Noble Phantasm that is the crystallization of Rider's most famous battle. By declaring its name and striking the ground with his battle hammer, earth itself splits, spikes of stone and metal erupting from the ground, seeking Rider's enemies for duration of ten minutes, during which Rider himself is immobile. It's devastating, if time-, and prana-, consuming Noble Phantasm from which there is little opportunity to escape as long is it lasts. It gains additional strenght (first +), when used against Roman opponent.
    As it is the battle of Ausculum that gave birth to his most famous quote and gave him much fame, if Rider uses this Noble Phantasm against an enemy he already faced in battle previously, it will gain a second +, at the cost of heavily damaging Rider himself, as he is no longer capable of safely handling its power and as such causing his own Noble Phantasm to harm him, though not to an extent where it would actually turn on him.
    Rider is actually pretty cautious in regards of using his Noble Phantasm, especially when conditions for increase in power are met, as with his low Endurance, and peculiar Military Tactics, he may never be sure if he will survive using it. As such, he resorts to it only when there are literally no other ways of achieving victory.

Note:
    Rider personally expresses great shame in face of the fact that he was ultimately unable to stop Rome from becoming dominant power of Mediterranean area and conquering Greece, though he realizes this is how sometimes things go. He is, however, somewhat annoyed that his fellow Greeks continued with petty quarrels among themselves.
    When asked about the phrase 'Pyrrhic victory', he remarks, that he mostly meant, that with Rome's greater numbers from which to draw, they would be unable to win at all if they kept losing so many soldiers. He is also somewhat off put, that this is the thing he is most famous for. As such, if people keep asking about it, he may get annoyed and tell them to do better.

Please, anyone actually speaking Greek, don't bite my head off for what is probably terrible mangling of the language.
    Last edited by Omida; September 13th, 2015 at 08:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What does the Mana stat quantify exactly? Is it ability to cast spells (in which case he'd have E rank) or just the amount of magical energy the Servant possesses for Noble Phantasms and suchlike. I kinda' assumed it was the former and so didn't bother to put it in for any Servants without any overt spellcasting.
    It's their aptitude for magical energy, according to the wiki. Which I think is important for casting spells, of course, but it appears I'm wrong when I said it was that aptitude directly. My apologies.

I could probably put something here about his Magic Resistance coming from being blessed with the blood of Christ if you'd like.
    Sure, that's exactly what I mean.

Really? I thought B+ just meant that it above B rank but below A rank. I could always change it to A rank if you'd like though.
    Basically, yeah. Check out the chart posted above: if A is 50 points, A+ is 100 in specific circumstances.
    A++ is 150, so thrice that.

Well, he is a centurion, after all. That ought to justify some level of Military Tactics, I would say. Now, if I gave him Iskander rank or above than that'd be another story LOL...
    Sure, but Saber's a king, and she didn't get Military Tactics. You could chalk that up to the skill not being invented yet at that moment, but I prefer to think that it's a skill that means you're known as an excellent tactician and strategist.
    Longinus, as far as I'm aware, doesn't have that kind of legend associated with him.
    Or better yet, the Longinus sheet that Dimensionist made in the Modern Fiction Servants thread. Y'know, the one with 7 Personal Skills, a version of Arcuied's Origin Of All combined with practically unlimited regeneration, Lance of Longinus as an anti-everything Noble Phantasm theoretically capable of destroying the entire friggin' universe (seriously, how does stabbing a nearly dead guy on a cross equate to being able to destroy universes and abstract concepts? At least my Anti-Divine classification has some mythological grounding.) as well as another ability that's basically defined as "I win, so long as it's possible for me to win". I like OP characters as much as the next guy, but even I practically facepalmed when I read that sheet LOL...
    I've always tried to gauge OP-ness by the metric of 'can he beat Gilgamesh or Herc in a straight-up fight?'
    So far it's worked pretty well, though not being able to do that doesn't mean you haven't made him more powerful than he ought to be (the aforementioned wanking).

Hm, I understand what you mean. On the other hand, I really like the NP's title (which is a Baccano reference BTW!) and don't want to give it up.
    You could make it some sort of catchphrase, really, if you're that attached to it. Or just leave it as is; I'm just giving some advice, and it's not like I'm an expert on constructing sheets myself.

Funny, I actually wasn't thinking of Achilles's Duel Field at all when I made this (although now that I think about it he did have something like that). His didn't have the death-by-first-blood property that Annie's has though so that makes for quite a difference even if they're superficially similar.
    If you weren't doing it on purpose, no biggie.
    It's a really neat idea. It's clearly meant to evocate old westerns, right? Hell, when reading through the sheet I put on some Ennio Morricone to get in the proper mood.

Which would you rather have, an old fat guy or a smoking hot chick?
    It's Santa, though. Santa.
    I sorta realized something about her bent gender, though: it's meant to show children's wishes, and those of the orphans that would've summoned her in particular, no?
    In that case her being summoned as an idealized mother figure makes some sense. If you go that direction some more, I don't think many people would complain about the genderbend, even pedants like me.

Well, Semiramis had it at rank B too so I'm only going with canon here. It is true though that putting a ranking on something like that seems sorta odd. As you said you either have it or you don't.
    Right, right, my bad.

Santa Claus and Saint Nicholas aren't actually the same person though. Nick was presumably an actual person at some point whereas Santa, while she was inspired by the deeds of Saint Nicholas is an existence unto herself. In a way, she's not even the "real" Santa Claus because there is no such thing. She's merely the embodiment of children's wishes, given form according to the popular myth of Santa Claus (and the perverted fantasies of otaku apparently...). In that sense, she's of a similar nature to Sasaki Kojiro, another "fake" Servant who's an amalgamation of different legends (the one who wielded his sword and the one who used his famous technique being separate people). Actually when you think about it, Santa as I've described her would actually be a form of Imaginary Demon (defined on Type-Moon wiki as an entity given form by human wishes).
    It's your call. Santa appears in all kinds of cultures with all kinds of religions or denominations, so both could fit.

Funny you should say that. I was actually thinking of giving her a NP based on Krampus (similar to Atalanta's Agrius Metamorphosis). In fact, I might actually add that to the sheet later on. Santa could use another Noble Phantasm (even if Rudolph sorta counts as a secondary NP).
    Looking forward to it, then.
    Last edited by NMR-3; September 13th, 2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Correcting several mistakes

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A++ is 150

Blog Entries
    It's their aptitude for magical energy, according to the wiki.
    Which I interpret as how well they can cast spells, yeah.
    Do not use the wiki.

Also don't misread the wiki if you do use it, because it clearly talks about the volume of energy it's possible to handle, which is enormously different from an aptitude for casting spells. That Saber has a dragon reactor inside her, and can channel it into Excalibur, does not make her an expert mage.
    (As a side note, I was the one who dug these definitions out of CM3 for the English fandom in the first place, which the wiki's copying).

We don't know how A++ should be quantified, though. It could be 3 times the original value, or even four times.
    No, we know. It's triple the value. You ought to know as well, since it is clearly shown on the chart that has been exasperatedly referred to multiple times in the past two days.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omida View Post
    Thanks for input, NMR-3! To answer everything:
    She isn't recorded as a woman or a dude. All versions I know just post her as 'Mordred'. Mordred isn't the most fleshed out character in Arthurian legend, so future recorders of the myths could just assume Mordred was a man. No really known as a 'king', merely an interesting tidbit of knowledge from less famous version of myth. There, Mordred rules in Arthur's name when King goes to Rome, and takes over when people ask for it. At the end of reign Arthur lost some popularity. And chaotic neutral means more that one isn't bound by anyone's rules but one's own. It's just mention of her preferred method of fighting and killing enemies anyway.
    Ah, okay. It's a small nitpick, anyway.

In stat terms, I looked upon Arturia's best physical stats (under Kiritsugu B/A/A) and seeing as Mordred is her clone, just decided to swap END and STR to reflect that, despite wounds, it was Arturia who was victorious in their fight. Mordred always was more of a 'attack is best defense' kind of fighter. Her MGI is so high, because as a clone she has two things running. Arturia's copied Dragon Core (it may be convenient fanon) and being homunculus (both things acknowledged as enormous prana batteries). If it's such a bugging issue, I will lower it. And her LCK is C.
    For some reason, I didn't remember her stats under Kerry being that high.
    As said in my previous post, though, MGI is aptitude for magecraft or magic, not for the energy she has available. Or at least that's how I see it.

For Kingslayer, its just that Mordred's entire legend revolves around being the one to end Arthur's reign, and since Arturia has special circumstances working for her (other kings would probably perish from those wounds), legend just went 'meh, close enough'. And in rank spread for this skill I did for fun, E means 'ultimately failed, but here, take this Luck bonus as a compensation, better luck this time'.
    Honestly, I think not every Skill should have all ranks - it makes no sense to give Imperial Privilege anything less than B-rank, for example.

Mana Burst is not really better than Arturia. It's just this technique fits so well with Mordred, she went and made it the only thing she put an effort into mastering. + represents better control (in this case, the same effect requires less prana). Mordred really was throwing her prana around with it.
    Arturia was throwing her prana around, you mean?
    Still, it doesn't really seem to be necessary. She's got better control, but she's got tons of prana anyway. And it's not like Saber ever gets tired from spamming Mana Burst in canon (that I can recall, anyway).

Cool armor is still there, Secret of Pedigree was just a helmet. And that cloaking effect is more so people don't freak out when aura from Kingslayer hits (it's basically a beacon saying 'don't trust this person guys, really'). And she can't really change her appearance, more like make it seems like she is someone's ally for the moment (alliances aren't all that unusual in HGW). Clarent is just as much influenced by legend as she is. It's remembered as sword of traitors and cowards, a blade that knows no loyalty. And while Mordred will take care to have it in her hand at all times, in the unlikely event, Clarent will work just as great to others as it's for her.

I honestly weren't thinking of Proto!Excalibur. Conditions idea was inspired by Maria the Ripper. And yes, there are a little to many beams in Fate.

Keep in mind, until Siriel deconstructed my headcanon, it was meant as reworking of canonical sheet. So it's still Mordred that is meant for Nasuverse, which means that King Arthur was eternally young and 'looking a little like beautiful maiden'.
    You've explained away most of my concerns, really. It's a nice sheet.
    I think you've hit what you were aiming for pretty well.

While I'm replying to this post, anyway:
    True Name: Pyrrhus of Epirus, Last Chance of Greece
    Class: Rider
    Seems like Rider continues to be the preferred class for royalty. Not a problem with your sheet in itself, though. I don't think other classes are really applicable to Pyrrhus, except perhaps Berserker.

Looks:
    Tall, lean man with short, gray hair and soft, grey eyes. He dresses in traditional Greek armor, without much in a way of ornaments. Probably the only exception to this is Gauntlet on his right hand, made of bronze and encrusted with single lapis lazuli - a gift from his first wife.

Personality:
    Calm, benevolent man in forties capable of great kindness. He very much loves embrace of a woman, though he won't seek it outside serious relationship. Despite being smart and well educated, his constant headaches cause him to seek physical activities. He possesses reflective nature, and likes to write, being an author of several memoirs and books on art of war. Despite being well mannered, Pyrrhus tends to be somewhat snarky in stressful situations.

Weapon and fighting:
    Nameless two-handed battle hammer that he jokingly calls 'Maleus Romani'. Despite his personality, Pyrrhus is vicious fighter, using broad swings of his hammer to strike his enemies with great force. Due to his migraines, he fights without really thinking, relying on pure skill and instinct.
    Maleus Romani? Shouldn't that be in Ancient Greek, if he's their last hope?

STR: C+
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: D
    NP: B+

Class Skills:

Riding: B
    Expertise to ride animal and vehicles. Most of them can be handled with above average skill, though one cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Races. Although skilled on horse, Rider was in no way considered legendary and as such, his skill is rather low for his class.
    B feels rather high for someone who isn't famous as a good driver, though. I'd make it C and say that he can handle every vehicle and animals with average skill.

Magic Resistance: C+
    Grants protection against magical effects, cancelling spells with chant below two verses. Living during late Age of Gods, Rider had to face hostile magecraft in his wars and as such, possesses limited resistance to magic. Additional bonus comes in play when facing magecraft cast by Roman magi.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: B
    Natural talent to command an army, at this rank suitable for a leader of a country.

Eternal Arms Mastership: C
    Prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance. At this level it is merely prevention of degradation of technique when suffering from migraine. Due to his constant migraines oftentimes preventing him from making plans in battle, Rider trained himself to fight without thinking, ingraining his skill with battle hammer into his body, until it became instinctual.
    Hmm. Is this something we know about him? Because it feels like this is solely meant so that Migraine wouldn't be too bad for his skill in combat.
    I don't even know if it's necessary, though. I don't recall Nero seeming too hindered by her migraines, but my memory is clearly not what it should be.

Migraine: C
    Chronic headaches that make it difficult to focus on mental tasks. While a great figure, Rider was often described as restless and unable to focus for prolonged periods of time. As such, any time he wishes to take part of mental activities or even make a plan for battle, Rider risks suffering splitting headache if he fails a Luck check.

Military Tactics: B-
    Tactical knowledge, for battles where many are mobilized and as such, useful when deploying one's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or defending against another's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. While Rider was in life hailed as the second greatest commander after Alexander the Great, his own legend distorted his skill so much, that he receives permanent penalty when using it. All victories achieved trough usage of this skill will come at extreme cost.
    The famous Pyrrhic victory, I see.
    The idea that it raises the cost of victory is interesting, though what exactly the cost would be I can't really say - does he succeed in driving off his enemies but fail in some other purpose? The other way around, perhaps?

NOBLE PHANTASMS

Ausculum: One More Such Victory, And We Are Undone
    Type: Anti-Army
    Noble Phantasm that is the crystallization of Rider's most famous battle. By declaring its name and striking the ground with his battle hammer, earth itself splits, spikes of stone and metal erupting from the ground, seeking Rider's enemies for duration of ten minutes, during which Rider himself is immobile. It's devastating, if time-, and prana-, consuming Noble Phantasm from which there is little opportunity to escape as long is it lasts. It gains additional strenght (first +), when used against Roman opponent.
    As it is the battle of Ausculum that gave birth to his most famous quote and gave him much fame, if Rider uses this Noble Phantasm against an enemy he already faced in battle previously, it will gain a second +, at the cost of heavily damaging Rider himself, as he is no longer capable of safely handling its power and as such causing his own Noble Phantasm to harm him, though not to an extent where it would actually turn on him.
    This is a pretty nice NP. You seem to be interested in conditional NPs. There's nothing wrong with that, though.
    I'm partial to conditionals myself.
    On another note, you could add a note about his own feelings towards his legacy and/or his NP - I imagine he'd be reluctant to use it unless the situation's pretty dire.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Do not use the wiki.

Also don't misread the wiki if you do use it, because it clearly talks about the volume of energy it's possible to handle, which is enormously different from an aptitude for casting spells. That Saber has a dragon reactor inside her, and can channel it into Excalibur, does not make her an expert mage.
    (As a side note, I was the one who dug these definitions out of CM3 for the English fandom in the first place, which the wiki's copying).

No, we know. It's triple the value. You ought to know as well, since it is clearly shown on the chart that has been exasperatedly referred to multiple times in the past two days.
    Huh. I fucked up, then. I've edited the post. Sorry about that.
    Take everything I say with an enormous bucket of salt, if you haven't already.
    Last edited by NMR-3; September 13th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Hmm, good point on Eternal Arms Mastership, I will get rid of it.

Thanks for thoughts on his Riding and name for weapon. I wanted the name to be more of an insult for Romans, so he was calling it as such in language they could understand, but I think I can tweak it to him calling it in both Latin and Greek.

Conditionals are nice if the Servant is suited for them. Like Mordred being kingslayer (or generally anti-Arthur) or Pyrrhus being famous for his fights with Rome, so he is especially geared against them.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to it, then.
    No need to "look forward to it" because I already added it to her sheet yesterday LOL.

Servant Lancer:

True Name: Odin

Strength- B
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- A+
    Mana- A++
    Luck- E-
    NP- EX

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker

Appearance: a tall and extremely well built old man, with very long flowing blonde hair and matching beard. He has a black eyepatch over his right eye, enscribed with a runic symbol.

Personality: Lancer is someone afflicted with a deep melancholy and weariness. Because all challenges seemed effortless to him, he says he never once felt truly alive. The experience of struggling against a seemingly insurmountable foe remained forever elusive to him. Indeed, he would describe his overwhelming power as a "curse" rather than a blessing. His only wish on the Holy Grail would be to create a ragnarok like never before, hoping that in the chaos and destruction of the new world will arise something that could truly challenge him, a world where even he would have to fight with every fiber of his being to stay alive. He's overjoyed upon finding a worthy opponent during his final battle with the protagonist's Servant, saying that his soul which has drowned in a sea of doldrums has finally been awakened.

Dislikes: a world where nothing can satisfy him
    Hobby: seeking something to challenge him
    Natural Enemy: Fenrir

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (B)- Cancel spells with incantations of less than three verses. Even High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals will have difficulty affecting the Servant.

Personal Skills:

Rune Magic (A++)- as the inventor of the runic alphabet, Lancer has mastery of all types of runes including those from ancient times. At this rank, simply speaking a given rune is enough to invoke its effect, without need for inscribing it.

Divinity (B+)- measures one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Would be ranked A++ if not for the limitations of the Servant system requiring him to sacrifice some of his Divinity in exchange for summoning.

Battle Continuation (C)- the ability to come out alive, and continue fighting while injured. At this rank Lancer may ignore crippling blows with ease, doing so with effort and will.

Charisma (A+)- ability to inspire others and lead armies. At this rank, Charisma is so high that it becomes a kind of curse in itself.

Noble Phantasms:

Gungnir- Declaration Of The Elder God (A++, Anti-Unit): Odin's legendary spear from norse mythology, enscribed with runes along the shaft. It carries the properties of "will always hit when cast", "unblockable" and "returns to the user once thrown", creating simulated distortions in space that twist the fabric of reality around the spear like an Alcubierre drive, propelling it forward at relativistic speeds towards its target, which is ripped apart by the now intense distortions in spacetime. Due to the quality of the spear and how well balanced it is, its flight path is self-correcting, and will return to Lancer without fail after a successful attack.

Einherjar- Glorious Tide Of Endless Battle (EX, Anti-Army): A Noble Phantasm representing Odin's dominion over fallen warriors in Norse mythology. Lancer summons an army of Norse kings and heroes (all of which qualify as Heroic Spirits in their own right) who have fallen in battle to stampede the opponent and drag him or her off to Valhalla with them. Works similiarly to Iskander's Ionioi Hetairoi from Zero.

Yggdrasil- Knowledge Of The World Tree (EX, Support): A trump card Noble Phantasm representing Odin's sacrificing his eye in exchange for knowledge. It takes the form of Lancer's left eye, which glows an unnatural violet color and has a a runic circle inside the pupil. When activated by taking off his sealing eyepatch this Noble Phantasm allows to see about 5-6 seconds into the future. However the true power of Yggdrasil is that of "comprehension". If he sees a special attack (mainly other Noble Phantasms but also something like Kojiro's Tsubame Gaeshi) he'll "comprehend" it and will be able to perfectly counter it if the same attack is used on him again in the future. Noble Phantasms of EX rank will bypass this aspect of Yggdrasil, for they're quite literally "outside his comprehension."

The true splendor of the norse god Odin, for which "having seen something" and "having formed a strategy to deal with something" become synonymous. It's main downside is that it consumes Mana tremendously when active and is thus only usable for brief periods, even with Lancer's great supply of Mana.

I know that normally Divine Spirits can't be summoned in the Holy Grail War but an exception is made if they sacrifice some of their Divinity in exchange for summoning (like with Chiron or Tamamo No Mae). This guy is without a doubt my most hax Servant yet (he has two EX rank NPs!). If he was in any Fate spinoff story he'd definitely be the overpowered final boss type character ala Gilgamesh or Karna. I also took great liberties with the mythology to make him more "final boss"-like, for example making it so he's trying to cause ragnarok rather than prevent it. For his personality and motivations I was heavily inspired by Reinhard from the visual novel Dies Irae (can't actually read it unfortunately because it's in Japanese and has no available translation) and his third NP was based on Ychwach's (or however the hell you spell that) ability "The Almighty" from Bleach manga.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 13th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Odin didnt sacrifice his eye for Yggdrassil, he gave it to Mimer to be allowed to drink from his well.

Besides Christemo's point isn't D too high for the stat that allows you to "defy fate"?
    Also what do you mean with
    His only wish on the Holy Grail would be to create a ragnarok like never before
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Blog Entries
    Well, there's actually two different versions of the legend which I'm sorta combining here. One is as you said, he sacrificed his eye in exchange for drinking from the Mímisbrunnr (Mimir's well) while in the other one is he stabbed himself through the gut with his spear and hung himself from the world tree Yggdrasil for three days or something like that in order to obtain knowledge. Of course in that version of the story he didn't lose an eye but what can I say, Yggdrasil sounds (IMO) like a cooler name for an NP than Mímisbrunnr.

Artistic license for the win!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Besides Christemo's point isn't D too high for the stat that allows you to "defy fate"?
    Also what do you mean with
    I mean his wish is basically to bring about the apocalypse in the hope that it'll give him something to fight. And don't all Lancers had pretty low ranked Luck? I was going with the trend there. Besides he was fated to lose come Ragnarok in the original myth, so a low Luck stat makes sense I'd say.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 13th, 2016 at 10:18 PM.