Page 594 of 782 FirstFirst ... 94494544584589592593594595596599604644694 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,880 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Isn't it very probable that Tolkien was inspired by the Volsung saga? I mean, Smaug is basically Fafnir.
    Fafnir hasn't been voiced by Cumberbatch, though. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Fafnir hasn't been voiced by Cumberbatch, though. =P
    Give it time.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The fact that there hasn't been a hollywood blockbuster attempt at the Volsung/Nibelunglied saga really surprises me.

I mean, Fafnir and Sigurd. Brynhildr. Invisibility and drama and betrayal and what would end up being thinly veiled King Arthur allusions.

It's all there.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Needs some Americanization, if you know what I mean.

Siggy, Britney, and Frank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    You mean more sex and less gory disembowling. Got it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Actually, make it Fiona.

Let's get us ourselves a love triangle going here over Siggy.

- - - Updated - - -

Now we just need a nude CGI actress. Christina Hendricks or ScarJo should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to do an Erysichthon sheet, but I can't think of any skills for him to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    So Andvaranaut is the One Ring, then?
    It's much closer to the Rings of the dwarves.

More than Smaug, I think Turin is basically Siegfried. In places. A lot of places.
    Turin's basicaly a fusion of Kullervo and Sigurd.
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I want to do an Erysichthon sheet, but I can't think of any skills for him to have.
    Something that increases damage against nature spirits/Heroic Spirits related closely with nature, insatiable hunger (maybe a negative skill that increases his prana intake and makes him need food, unlike normal Servants), and the ability to force someone dear to him to shapeshift.
    Last edited by Christemo; September 18th, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

Has anyone ever made a Cassandra of Troy heroic spirit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I should've checked the first page myself. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    ἡ τῆς Κηρός μαντεῖα ~ Unheard Warning of the End

Caster's trump card. A spell that, upon casting, brings certain demise...after a while. It is after all the recreation of the unheard prophecies of doom Cassandra had formulated in her lifetime. After the name of the Noble Phantasm is invoked, the opposing Servant will have a certain time to kill the harbinger of bad news that is Caster. The time limit is set by their own ability to defy fate itself, and thus their LCK rank. Should they not be able to kill her and the time limit runs out, their soul itself will be dragged into the depths of the Hades.
    Interesting idea but also really weird mechanic-wise. I always imagined her NP being something Apollo related

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Something that increases damage against nature spirits/Heroic Spirits related closely with nature, insatiable hunger (maybe a negative skill that increases his prana intake and makes him need food, unlike normal Servants), and the ability to force someone dear to him to shapeshift.
    I was gonna make the hunger his NP. An 'eat everything' skill.

I remember reading his legend as a child, and mainly being puzzled as to how someone could eat themselves entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    I should've checked the first page myself. Thank you!
    You could also use the 'search thread' button. Since not all the Servants are in the first post.
    Last edited by asterism42; September 18th, 2015 at 10:52 AM.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    There is no Shiki. It is only your mind that bends.
    Just so you know, I made a stat sheet for Connla, Heroic Spirit version.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I was gonna make the hunger his NP. An 'eat everything' skill.
    His NP is eating himself, which kills him but unleashes the demon thing in his stomach.

Blog Entries
    At this point I should probably credit you when I get around to doing this.

Been a while since I posted a servant here, how does this one look?

True Name: Bigfoot
    Class: Berserker
    Allignment: True Neutral

Stats

STR: D (C) => B (A)
    END: D (C) => B (A)
    AGI: C (B) => E (D)
    MGI: E => E
    LCK: A=> C

Class Skils
    Mad Enhancement: C
    Rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana. Effects of insanity not as severe at this rank as usual, due to Berserker’s animalistic nature.

Personal Skills

Monstrous Strength: A
    Temporarily boosts Berserker’s strength by one rank. As this happens, Berserker will grow in size, and the insanity caused by Mad Enhancement will increase as Berserker grows more animalistic.

Innocent Monster: A
    Berserker is usual a docile creature, but the stories of violent and cannibalistic ape-men told around the world have distorted him into a more savage version of himself. His hair is wild and unkempt, his arms long and thick, and his teeth become thick and jagged, capable of ripping into flesh.

Heightened Intelligence: E
    Grants increased intelligence. Despite being half beast, Berserker is actually rather intelligence. Berserker is capable of wielding primitive weapons, such as clubs, and can plan things out to a degree. It is even said members of his kind could be capable of some manner of human speech. The effects of this skill is weakened due to Mad Enhancement combined with Innocent Monster.

Noble Phantasm

Bigfoot – The Legend of the Ape Man: A

The legend of Bigfoot may not be an old tale, but legends of half ape, half man hybrids have been told for ages. When this Noble Phantasm is activated, Berserker embraces his legends and grows into a monstrous colossus, standing over 20 feet tall. His long arms become as thick as trees, and his strength and endurance are doubled, at the cost of speed and luck. The effects of Mad Enhancement also increase, causing Berserker to become a more vicious attacker, fully embracing the beast within.

A master must be careful when allowing Berserker to activate their Noble Phantasm. When active, this Noble Phantasm acts almost like an EX Mad Enhancement, with all that entails. Unless a master has total control over Berserker, the strain of keeping a fully powered Berserker under control can very well kill a master.

Background: Bigfoot is a member of a race of half-man, half-human creatures that lived on the American continent for hundreds of years. While they lived in peace with the creatures and Natives of the land, everything changed when European settlers arrived from across the sea. They feared the ape-men as demons, and hunted them to near extinction. Eventually, what remained of the ape-men population fled into the forests, never to cross the path of humanity again.

Eventually, a lone ape-man, the last of his kind, grew tired of the decades of loneliness, ventured into the modern world. A lone human saw him, telling others of a creature covered in hair that walked like a man, and they began to search for the creature called “Bigfoot.” Some began to hunt the Bigfoot, some for sport, others in the hope of researching the beast. While they hunted him mercilessly, Bigfoot never once killed a human being in retaliation. Eventually, he succumbed to the wounds he accumulated over the years, and died alone in the forest. The poor creature's only wish is to live in peace with his kind and humanity, just as his ancestors did long ago.

Main strategy for Bigfoot is Get Big => smash everything. I kinda wonder if his Noble Phantasm is too similar to Monstrous Strength though. Any thoughts/suggestions?

JP Friend Code
    That NP reminds me more of Arondight, actually, what with increasing the stats when unlocked

And I don't think I quite get the Heightened Intelligence skill. Or rather, heightened when compared with *what*. His race has basically animal intelligence, but he is a bit more intelligent? (By how you phrase it it seems he doesn't quite have human level intelligence?)

---

This one may be a bit more borderline; but I don't think it really fits in the "modern" fiction category (if modern is understood as last few decades), and if Frankenstein's Monster/the Phantom/Carmilla can be Servants, I'd say so can this one (if anything, is closer in time to these last two than to present). So well, here he comes

Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Mad Evil

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Class skills
    Mad Enhancement: A (Magic parameters are increased two ranks, but sanity is lost)

Personal skills
    Witchcraft: A+ (Mastery of curses, spells, and invocations originating in the Middle East and of Berserker's own research. Berserker specializes in summoning and controlling extra-dimensional creatures)
    Protection from Wind: D (A charm originating in Middle East, used mainly for protection against sandstorms and djinns. At this rank, it protects the owner from the weather when travelling, but is ineffective against wind-based attacks)
    Dark Revelation: C (B) (Similar to the skill Revelation, an instinct with respect to matters related to achieving a goal; however, it is unknown if because of Berserker's desires or because of chance, but in this case it can be used exclusively with goals that are detrimental to humanity. Being under mental hindrance seems to actually increase the rank of this skill)
    Enlightenment in Madness: A (Allows the Servant to cast magic even under mental hindrance. At this rank, it actually rises the magic parameters when under mental hindrance)

Noble Phantasm

Kitab al-Azif - The Black Book that describes the Horrendous Creation
    Type: Anti-army
    A demonic grimoire made with a cover of human skin, written by Berserker himself. Besides functioning as a mana furnace for Berserker, it has all of his spells, curses and incantations inscribed, so it effectively gives him the equivalent of an A-rank High-Speed Incantation.
    Additionally, this Noble Phantasm continually generates an aura of "madness". It quickly erodes the sanity of any human being inside its range (a Mental Pollution or similar skill of equivalent range can nullify this effect).
    Lastly, if its owner is under the effects of any kind of mental hindrance, he can call this Noble Phantasm name in order to unleash its full powers. Doing so, this Noble Phantasm deploys a Reality Marble that rewrites the local order with that of a certain demonic dimension that Berserker had visited when alive. Besides greatly accelerating the effects of the aura of madness, the different physical order it creates makes it difficult move or realize any kind of physical action (it reduces by one ranks the physical parameters of any creature from Earth); casting magic is particularly difficult, and most spells have a high chance of failing upon casting. The exceptions are Berserker's own spells, which were developed according to this very dimension's rules. Additionally, the extra-dimensional creatures summoned by Berserker have their parameters increased by one rank.

Background

Abdul Alhazred - The Mad Arab

Abdul Alhazred was a powerful necromancer born in Yemen in the later part of the seventh century, as told by a certain writer from the 20th century. He spent most of his life traveling around the deserts of Arabia, exploring the ruins of now extinct civilizations and researching about the extraterrestrial, extra-dimensional creatures, demons and gods that had come to Earth in aeons past but were now slumbering in a state close to death. He passed his last years in Damascus, where he wrote a compendium of the results of his research, describing the actual low importance of humanity in the cosmos, and of its fragility and impotence against the beings that lurk just beyond its perception; finally, it is told that in 738 he was seized by an invisible monster in broad daylight and devoured.
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

For Heightened Intelligence, Bigfoot is more intelligent than most mammals, but not as smart as a human. He's like a Neanderthal, he can use tools, and is capable of some type of human speech, but his brain isn't as advanced as a modern human.

Also, I like your idea of a magic based Berserker, it's not something you see much of. His NP sounds crazy, and I like it!
    Last edited by I Am The Table; September 19th, 2015 at 12:45 AM.