Page 769 of 782 FirstFirst ... 269669719759764767768769770771774779 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,380 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    That seems like an incredibly meta way to think about it.

Protection from Wind isn't exactly helpful for True Assassin if he engages anybody else but Artoria.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. Sometimes you just include a useless skill if it fits with their legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    You would be surprised by how many actually.

Bersercu Alter has a Noble Phantasm that boosts his strength to EX. Spartacus has Endurance at EX rank. Anderson has Mana at EX. As for EX rank luck there are; Medusa's sisters, Medb and Drake
    o.o Looks like i need to play FGO then. In that case looks like I don't need to hold back anymore! XD
    Es schaeumt das Meer in breiten Fluessen Am tiefen Grund der Felsen auf,
    Und Fels und Meer wird fortgerissen In ewig schnellem Sphaerenlauf.
    Herr, verehren Das sanfte Wandeln deines Tags.
    Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
    Zum Augenblicke duerft ich sagen
    Verweile doch du bist so schon――
    Das Ewig-Weibliche Zieht uns hinan.
    Atziluth――
    Res novae――Also sprach Zarathustra

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I'd still hold back because restraint is better anyway.
    True.
    Es schaeumt das Meer in breiten Fluessen Am tiefen Grund der Felsen auf,
    Und Fels und Meer wird fortgerissen In ewig schnellem Sphaerenlauf.
    Herr, verehren Das sanfte Wandeln deines Tags.
    Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
    Zum Augenblicke duerft ich sagen
    Verweile doch du bist so schon――
    Das Ewig-Weibliche Zieht uns hinan.
    Atziluth――
    Res novae――Also sprach Zarathustra

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Ooh, a Deucalion sheet. Though he has a rather important role in Greek Myth, this is the first time I've ever seen a profile of him. Probably because he's basically the Greek, more obscure version of Noah. Most people wanting to write up a Flood myth hero are going to go for Noah instead, if only for greater recognition.

The Ark is an obvious choice of NP. I like how you made it something he 'constructs' rather then just being able to summon it outright. Fairly mundane as far as NPs go but it works. Compared to Noah's it's funny how his is literally "a (magically resilient) box" while Noah's (as I've portrayed him, anyway) is a giant ship with an army of Phantasmal Beasts aboard.

The rock-man NP is quite creative and sounds like it'd be useful for a Grail War. Their lack of raw power being balanced by he can summon literally as many as he has rocks available (rocks not exactly being of short supply in most parts of the world). The manual labor aspect also helps set it apart from your usual army-summon.

Makes me wonder how he'd interact with my own take on Noah. As it is, they sound like complete opposites since your Deucalion is one that shepherds and protects humanity whereas with Noah I lumped his role together with that of the judgmental Old Testament God figure (a common confusion in Eastern media, apparently, like with the Noah from D. Gray Man).
    I was originally going to make him a Caster because of that roock-man NP, but then I realized that he didn't know any magic, so i went for Rider instead.

As for your Noah, if the two were to meet, Deucalion would probably be "wtf are you on about, who are you even", then "oh, nice boat". He'd probably try to avoid Noah after that, and if Noah were to call down the flood, he'd go hide in his box, hope it doesn't get dissolved, and wait for him to leave or something. I don't really see him picking a fight.

Gah, writer's block sucks.

Class: Caster

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: A
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B): Allows Caster to claim territory in any area with a sufficient amount of
    live trees. This terrain allows her to gain prana through the trees' roots and photosynthesis.

Item Construction (E): As a nature spirit, Caster is ill-suited to constructing items outside of
    rudimentary charms and weapons. However, her nature makes her extremely skilled at botany.

Personal Skills

Divinity (C): Caster is a nymph as well as a distant descendant of Ares and several minor goddesses.

Animal Dialogue (C): Her status as a nature spirit allows for communication with animals on a basic level,
    except for birds, butterflies and baboons (oddly enough), which she can converse with as easily as she would a human.

Berserk (B): Allows Caster to enter a controlled rage that increases her STR and END by one rank each and
    reduces damage taken. Caster gains this skill from her bloodline, which includes wild beasts and the god of war.

Guardian Beast (B): Caster can summon one unique familiar: her father Oreius, bound in the form of an
    eagle owl by Ares and Hermes to serve as an evil omen. Aside from serving as a faithful scout and companion
    to his daughter, he has the ability to impose a rank down to LCK on all enemies within his line of sight.

Noble Phantasms

Oreius Metamorphosis~Rage of My Father (B, Anti-Army)

With a surge of prana, Caster can transform her familiar Oreius into his original form as a winged
    half-man, half-bear. Towering over his enemies, he is a mad beast who gives no allegiance to man nor god.
    His strength is comparable to a Servant with all his physical parameters at rank B. The transformation
    is quite taxing on Caster, so Oreius is best unleashed for a few minutes at a time within her territory.

Hamadryads~Forest of My Daughters (B, Support, Anti-Army)

Caster is most famous for being the mother of the Hamadryad nymphs, spirits that are bonded to specific trees.
    As the mother of this race of nymphs, Caster has the ability to awaken any tree with a spirit that imprints
    on her as their mother. The trees supply Caster with prana through the ground and sun, and grow more quickly,
    sprouting fat fruit ripe with prana. Inside a large forest, Caster has total awareness of her territory via
    her connection to her "daughters" and a multitude of defenses in the form of grabbing vines and crushing branches.
    As a final defense measure, Caster can grant every tree she is connected with the freedom to move and walk on
    their own, animating an entire forest into an army. However, they do not possess any strength or defenses beyond
    the tree bodies they inhabit, so she must take care not to risk any harm to her daughters.

Background
    Hamadryas is the mother of eight Hamadryad nymphs with her brother Oxylus. Her daughters are Karya (the walnut),
    Balanos (the oak), Kraneia (the dogwood), Morea (the mulberry), Aigerios (the poplar), Ptelea (the elm), Ampelos
    (the vines) and Syke (the fig). From these eight even more tree spirits sprang into being. Since her father Oreius
    was forsaken by men and gods, she chooses the Earth itself as her patron as it gives her and her daughters nourishment.
    Her connection to the Earth and status as a dryad make her a natural (pun intended) fit for the Caster class.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; July 16th, 2016 at 10:11 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Class: Rider
    Name: Sun Wukong

The real Sun Wukong is not in the Throne of Heroes, as he attained the rank of Buddha and is now assisting his boss (who shows up in one of the Fate installments). His legend, however, persists strong enough that perhaps, in an Oriental land some prodigy Master may accidentally summon a different entity that is the manifestation of his tale.

Stats:
    STR: A+
    END: A+
    AGI: A
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: EX

Class Skills:

Riding (C):Rider only has this skill from his short time as Protector of the Horses. It lets him ride normal animals, but he never uses it, believing himself faster than any steed.

Personal Skills:

Revered Beast (A): Rider used to be a Phantasmal Beast greater than even dragons. Not only that, he also attained the rank of Buddha, something normally only possible for humans. As such, anyone with a monstrous aspect to them will show him great respect and be positively disposed (or intimidated) to him once they learn his true name (which he doesn't mind sharing).

Taoism (A++): Rider is an absolute master of Taoism. Transforming into 72 forms, commanding weather, freezing humans and Servants alike in place or creating various objects and his own clones out of his hairs are all easy to him. Perhaps in a different class the clones might become more than mere phantoms and sublimate into a Noble Phantasm.

Victim of Storytelling (B): Every enemy Wukong meets will have an area designated as their "base". Naturally, this will normally be the place they rest or, in case of Servants, where they were summoned. If an enemy is fighting Rider outside their base, they will always be able to successfully flee to it, taking one willing person with them. However, when the fight takes place within the base, the effects of skills such as Disengage are nullified.

Eyes of Gold (A): Rider can perceive all evil around him, and nearly every living being has some evil in them. Nullifies the effects of any skill related to concealment as long as the user is within Rider's line of sight.

Noble Phantasms
    Rider's Noble Phantasms represent six different stages of his life.

Monkey King
    Měi Hóuwáng:
    Monkey Paradise - Support, A+

A Reality Marble that's constantly active at the location of Wukong's summoning. Recuperation is accelerated for any friendly visitors, and monkey familiars serve them and act as sentries. Furthermore, neither the monkeys nor Rider can be killed within the Paradise, reforming after a short time, although harming a monkey will certainly invoke Rider's wrath.

Travels
    Four Treasures:
    Tribute of the Dragons - Anti-Unit, A

Sun Wukong's trademark staff and his armor. While the armor is just very sturdy even for Servant armor, the staff is what truly stands out. It can freely change size, multiply and even attack on its own. Combined with Wukong's mastery of the staff and trickster nature, this allows for some nasty feints in battle.

Rebellion
    Qítiān Dŕshčng:
    Refinement of the Body - Support, A

Having been defeated by the full might of Heaven, Wukong was imprisoned in a furnace to distill the immortality elixir he stole. After spending seven weeks in it, Wukong came out even stronger, becoming nigh impervious to any attack. Any attack that lands on Wukong will be automatically intercepted by an A-ranked strike, causing backlash on the attacker if their blow is weaker.

Imprisonment
    Om Mani Padme Hum
    : Buddha's Seal - Anti-Unit, A+

A reenactment of his first encounter with Buddha. A barrier as strong as a mountain is created around the target as a paper seal appears in front of them. As Rider is not Buddha, the seal doesn't provide any additional power. The barrier defends the target from outside attacks while also keeping them inside.
    To destroy the barrier, either a mountain-shattering attack (any less will have no effect) or the ability to lift mountains in legend or fact (Rider himself is a good example, being able to shoulder two mountains in his legend) are needed.

Journey
    Sūn-xíngzhě:
    Rings of Obedience - Anti-Self, B

Wukong's headband. His Master can tighten or loosen it at will, causing Rider unbearable pain. As a side effect, Wukong has a very hard time trying to attack his Master. Regardless, they had better stay at good terms with Rider, as once their goal is reached, the headband disappears, leaving him free and immune to Command Seals, as per the promise of "freedom".

Reward
    Dňu-zhŕnshčng-fó:
    Victorious Fighting Buddha - Anti-Unit, EX

At the end of his journey, Wukong attained the rank of Buddha, and with it, the ability to enlighten others. That said, his understanding of the process is about as questionable as the path he took.
    Upon invocation, all the mythical inhabitants of the Vulture Peak monastery appear in a splendid display, headed by Buddha himself, mesmerizing all who see it with promises of salvation. Those with Divinity or extremely strong faith retain their will. This gathering quickly proves to be a trick as every one of them proceeds to strike the target with a powerful punch. Each strike by an Arhat is equivalent to a B-ranked Noble Phantasm, Bodhisattva strikes are as strong as an A-ranked Noble Phantasm, and the finishing blow by Buddha is a hundred times stronger still.
    For the real Wukong this would be just a test to see if the one he laid his eyes on is worthy of enlightenment. Rider, however, is but a pale imitation, and his version ends with this.
    Incidentally, when asked whether those on their way of Buddhahood really gain that much physical strength, Rider answers that they were actually holding back.

Personality: Rider is brash, arrogant and violent, loving fighting and vicious pranks above all. That said, he is no fool, being cunning and capable of intricate planning. In a Holy Grail War, he will probably use Om Mani Padme Hum to imprison a Servant he thinks strong enough, kill their Master and make them contract his own, then put them on guard duty and wander off to seek fights. Over his journey with Xuanzang he grew quite fond of her despite his initial dislike, and he will be positively disposed to his Master (as he can only be called via a personality summoning, and so the Master's personality has to resemble hers). That said, if he ever meets her as an enemy, neither will hesitate to fight.

I wonder if this Wukong turned out OP enough. This is meant as tribute to that "Sun Wukong with 6 NPs and a Reality Marble" joke.
    Last edited by Desuclocker; July 16th, 2016 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty cool. For a Wukong profile, it's nicely different then all the others I've seen. For a while I'd entertained the thought of doing one myself but compared to this it'd look positively generic. He is certainly hax, with six NPs all but one of which are rank A or higher. Regarding Four Treasures, wasn't he also given a phoenix feather cap as one of the gifts? If you wanted, you could probably spin that granting some degree of immunity to fire magic or something. Otherwise I guess you just lumped it under 'the armor'.

I love how you didn't just give him the usual staff, cloud and cloning hairs NPs (well, you did include the staff but that's pretty much obligatory) but actually came up with much more creative NPs. The idea of his NPs representing his different stages in life is also very clever.

One question, why doesn't he have Magic Resistance? He doesn't exactly need it, but it's a Class Skill for Riders so I'm not sure why he doesn't have it (if only at a low rank).

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's pretty cool. For a Wukong profile, it's nicely different then all the others I've seen. For a while I'd entertained the thought of doing one myself but compared to this it'd look positively generic. He is certainly hax, with six NPs all but one of which are rank A or higher. Regarding Four Treasures, wasn't he also given a phoenix feather cap as one of the gifts? If you wanted, you could probably spin that granting some degree of immunity to fire magic or something. Otherwise I guess you just lumped it under 'the armor'.

I love how you didn't just give him the usual staff, cloud and cloning hairs NPs (well, you did include the staff but that's pretty much obligatory) but actually came up with much more creative NPs. The idea of his NPs representing his different stages in life is also very clever.

One question, why doesn't he have Magic Resistance? He doesn't exactly need it, but it's a Class Skill for Riders so I'm not sure why he doesn't have it (if only at a low rank).
    The hat is pretty unremarkable overall, so it just goes into armor (I mean, I didn't specifically list the cloud-walking boots either). About MR, I didn't remember that, and it'd clutter the skill list even more. Just think of it as being part of his Tao magic skillset or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

My ancestors would want me to get a Frisian Servant included in the Netherlands section.

Class: Saber
    Alternate Class: Berserker

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter.

Riding (B): All mundane beasts and vehicles can be ridden. Though he was never a cavalryman,
    he is experienced at handling animals from his days as a farmer and is skilled at piloting
    a ship due to his career as a pirate.

Personal Skills

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit (B): A quiet farmer who lost everything, Saber rebelled against German,
    Dutch and English alike to avenge his family and countrymen. He is unaffected by Charisma or similar
    skills up to an equivalent rank.

Partners in Crime (A): The ability to recruit allies and accomplices to assist in Saber's schemes. At this
    rank, Saber's charisma and humor makes it possible for him to find co-conspirators in abundance with little
    prompting. Even if they have no inclination for illegal or suspect activity, they may end up helping him
    unwittingly anyway. Saber was an inspiration to those who had suffered injustice and many rebels, mercenaries
    and pirates joined his cause.

Noble Phantasms

Shibboleth~If You Can’t Say That, You’re Not a Real Frisian (C, Anti-Unit)

In order to distinguish Frisians from Dutch and German captives, Saber forced them to repeat the popular
    tongue-twister: Bűter, brea en griene tsiis: wa't dat net sizze kin, is gjin oprjochte Fries. (Butter, bread,
    and green cheese: if you can’t say that, you’re not a real Frisian.
    ). Any who could not pronounce this properly
    were beheaded if on land and keelhauled if at sea. Upon entering battle, Saber can recite the phrase and offer
    his opponent a moment to respond in kind. If they do not match his pronunciation exactly, Saber is granted
    a free strike on them. Although the strike can be withstood by those durable enough, it is not something that
    can be evaded; the only sure defense is a talent with languages.

Zweihander~Cross of the Dutchmen (B, Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress)

Saber's greatsword, a fitting weapon for a man reputed to be able to bend a coin between his forefinger and
    thumb, lift a horse over his head and wield such a massive weapon so deftly that he could behead multiple
    people in a single blow one-handed. Measuring seven feet long and weighing 15 pounds, it is a weight of steel
    that few armors, shields and even walls can withstand. This Noble Phantasm is born from Saber's exploits of
    defeating countless men and ships and razing towns to the ground. By invoking it, his colossal blade becomes
    wreathed in flame and, upon being raised above his head and brought down, enlarges and sends a mass of burning
    steel one hundred times of the size of the original weapon crashing down upon the enemy.

Background
    Pier Gerlofs Donia was a Frisian rebel leader and pirate. Known as Grutte Pier (Big Pier), he lived a quiet
    and peaceful life as a farmer with his wife and two children in the village of Kimswerd, Friesland. Though
    they lived in Holland and Germany, the Frisians weren't considered citizens of either country, so each would
    alternate between imposing strict penal measures, curfews and taxes on the people. Thus it was almost expected
    that Frisians would take up the sword and rebel. However, Pier preferred to keep to himself and protect his
    family. All that changed with the arrival of a mercenary company known as the Black Band who were hired by the
    Germans to supress the civil war. When they weren't paid on time, they decided to extract their blood money from
    the locals. In the carnage, Pier's house was burned to the ground and his wife and children were butchered.

From there, his rampage of revenge attracted many fellow Frisians to his cause, massacring every soldier, Dutch
    or German along the way. His followers became an army of pirates, disgraced noblemen and peasants. When they
    weren't sacking forts and winning battles they were hammering the ships supplying the troops on the mainland.
    In just two years Pier and his followers, now called the Arumer Zwarte Hoop (The Black Gang from Arum), killed
    countless soldiers and sank or captured hundreds of ships. Pier in particular sunk 28 ships in a single day, a
    feat that earned him the moniker "The Cross of the Dutchmen".

Four years after the death of his family, Pier retired from rebel life and died peacefully one year after that.
    His followers carried on his legacy for another five years, until the Habsburg Emperor Charles V finally assumed
    control over Friesland in 1524.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; July 17th, 2016 at 12:23 AM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    A hero I've never heard of. Simple, but quite powerful. I like him a lot.

The idea of a weaponized tongue-twister is by far one of the most creative ideas for NPs I've seen in a while. Zweihander reminds me quite a bit of the Dragon Slayer blade from Berserk, what with being able to smash through walls and cut down multiple men in one stroke.

The only critique I have (and it's a nitpick) is that for some reason he's referred to as a 'she' in the second sentence of his Partners In Crime Skill.

I may have copied and pasted the description from my Jeanne de Valois sheet. Fixed it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Pier is a pretty sheet, but I'd raise his STR and END by one rank each, at least. I mean, fukkin D'Eon has Strength A and Endurance B.

That's a precedent if I ever saw one...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    [Insert standard "GO has to consider game balance and attractiveness to players" comment.]

Didn't much like the NPs, to be honest. The first one seems nonsensical, and the second one feels contrived. Are you sure he didn't have any more unique feats in his legend?

Blog Entries

Servant Caster
    :

True Name
    : Empedocles

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- E~A
    Agility- E~A
    Endurance- E~A
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- B+++

Appearance:

Personality: Highly flamboyant and eccentric. Caster openly refers to himself as a god and expects to be treated as such. He believes himself to have been chosen by the gods to enlighten the people, a title he accepts with utmost aplomb. Though appearing arrogant, he is also kind and magnanimous, regarding the betterment of humanity as his highest goal. Caster sees the world as a constant battle between twin competing forces of 'Love' and 'Strife'. While declaring himself an ally of Love, he ultimately recognizes that a balance between both is necessary for life and human beings to exist and flourish.

Caster has a few other personality quirks as well. He absolutely refuses to partake in meat or animal flesh of any kind since by his view on reincarnation, such an act would be equivalent to cannibalism as all animals had been humans in past lives. He also has an obsession with placing himself in dangerous and life-threatening situations in order to prove his divinity and immortality. Combined with his haughty attitude, it goes without saying that he is a rather difficult Servant to manage.

His wish on the Holy Grail is to guide humanity through his teachings into a new Golden Age of intellectual achievement. As a sage and philosopher, there is nothing that could give him a greater happiness.

Dislikes: eating meat, when other fail to recognize his divinity
    Talents: philosophy, 'trial by fire'
    Natural Enemy: ignorence, Strife

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (C)- Caster's wandering nature has made even formulation of a basic Workshop difficult.

Item Construction (-)- Since it is not exactly 'creation' but 'rearrangement of what already exists', Caster's ability to craft objects differs from this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Elemental (A+)- Prowess in the form of Magecraft the centers around manipulation of the Classical Elements. As the one who first codified the Greek system of elements, Caster has obtained near undisputed knowledge and mastery of the art. He can control storms, wind and rain, as well as heal the sick and restore lost youth.

Divinity (E~A)- Denotes one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Caster claimed to his followers that he was a god exiled for consuming animal flesh. But since he has no true divine background, his rank is extremely low. Through the Noble Phantasm- Molten Rebirth, his rank in Divinity rises with each successive reincarnation.

Rhetoric Arts (B)- Ability to speak persuasively and charm others with deft words. Caster was considered one of the most brilliant oraters of his time, though the details of most of his writings have been lost to history.

Noble Phantasms:

Philotes Kai Neikos- Twin Forces Of Love And Strife (B+, Anti-Unit): Caster believed that the world and everything in it is ruled by two divine powers, 'Love' and 'Strife'. Love was the attractive force, bringing matter together, while Strife was the repulsive force, separating matter from its fellows. In Caster's mind, all phenomenon existing in the world consisted of these twin forces interacting with the four primordial elements making up creation. The elements explained existence, while the two forces explained growth and change.

As a Heroic Spirit, those two forces of Caster's theory have been sublimated into the form of twin gauntlets adorning his arms. Both of them are made of marble, with an Ancient Greek style face carving adorning the gauntlet's back. Philotes is white with gold trim, and the face is that of a beautiful, angelically smiling woman. The marble for Neikos is twisted and dark, with the visage adorning it that of a maniacally grinning male warrior.

These gauntlets are endowed with the opposing concept of 'attraction/creation' and 'repulsion/destruction'. Anything punched by Philotes will begin to combine with other matter in the vicinity while objects punched by Neikos will dissolve and crumble apart. Either effect can be resisted by objects or individuals endowed with a high amount of Mystery. Heroic Spirits will be mostly unaffected, while shattering or reforming an object such as a Noble Phantasm is utterly beyond Caster's ability.

Using them in tandem, Caster can perform high-speed transmutation of objects, breaking them apart into constituent elements before reforming them into a shape of his choosing. For instance, he could break apart a misshapen lump of clay with Neikos and then put it back together as a magnificent sculpture with Philotes.

Molten Rebirth- Great Firey Transmigration (B+++, Support): Popular legend has it that Caster met his demise by leaping into the molten crater of Mount Etna, seeking to prove to his disciples that he was an immortal god by surviving the fires. That legend crystallizes into his greatest Noble Phantasm. Invoked automatically upon Caster recieving a fatal blow, it envelopes him in a spherical aura of flames that obscures him from sight and shields his body from attack.

Once the flames die down, Caster will be revived in a more powerful form. The flames have tempered his body and soul, bringing him closer in truth to the divinity he only alleged himself to be in life. His hair will spike upwards and begin waving of its own accord in a firey manner as veins of magma appear across his body. His Divinity Skill receives a Rank-Up, along with all physical parameters. Caster also gains the ability to attack by unleashing great blasts of flame from his arms and legs or expelling them from his mouth in the form of 'fire-breath'.

Caster can 'reincarnate' through this Noble Phantasm up to four times, with the Rank-Up effect and degree of his transformation stacking each time. On the final incarnation he appears as a phoenix-like beast with crimson feathers covering his forearms and strewn thickly across his lower body. His arms and legs gain the semblance of vicious talons which- combined with his mastery over fire- can slice through most materials as easily as a hot knife through butter.

Upon being killed a fifth time, Caster will 'incarnate' into a full Divine Spirit to pass outside the mortal realm altogether, returning to the Throne Of Heroes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A rather outlandish Servant this time around. Came up with this when I was brainstorming ideas for a hypothetical philosopher's equivalent of Bungou Stray Dogs (a series which I started watching as of yesterday). For those who don't know, that'd mean famous philosophers as attractive young people with philosophically themed superpowers in the modern day. Most of the ideas wouldn't really fit too well in a Fate format, but Empedocles seemed like he could (and he actually is ancient enough to have a fair degree of Mystery).

Yes, his first NP is basically Josuke's Crazy Diamond in gauntlet form. Also, if you're having trouble visualizing the 'faces on back of gauntlets' thing this image (warning, mild NFSW) should give you a good idea of what I had in mind. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Berserker Alter
    The Lioness of Brittany

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Jeanne de Clisson
    Area of Origin: France
    Alignment: Chaotic Vengeful
    Attribute: Man

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Magic: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills:
    Class Skills:
    • Mad Enhancement E
      The skill is reduced from its usual rank due to Distortion. Under normal circumstances, this skill is inactive. If Jeanne takes damage and fails a luck damage, Mad Enhancement will come into effect. On that occasion, smoke will billow out from her body in a manner akin to a lion's mane. However, she will also automatically enter a state of maddened rage if she is fighting an enemy of French origin, or if her opponent mocks her legend and her late husband Olivier. Of particular note is that even when the skill is inactive, Jeanne will still have her reasoning abilities impaired, suffering from auditory hallucinations and paranoid delusions; this is not directly related to her Mad Enhancement but is more an affliction put on her by the Blackening. However, a mutual understanding with Jeanne is still possible in most situations.
    • Avenger A
      Normally a skill for Avenger class Servants, it can be forced onto Jeanne under certain circumstances.

Personal Skills:
    • Distortion A
      Forced distortion of the class he was originally called forth in. He has received the other class's specialty as proof. Conversely, the class skill has declined. As a Berserker, Jeanne would normally have Mad Enhancement D but in her current state, it has been reduced to E.
    • Voyager of the Storm C
      The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Also has the effects of both Military Tactics and Charisma. The skill has declined from its usual rank of B due to her mental impairment.
    • Sadistic Constition C
      A skill that augments one's aggression in battle. It appears to be a positive skill, but the longer its owner stays in battle, the more their abusive disposition will grow, causing them to lose their usual composure. Combined with her Mad Enhancement, this makes prolonged combat dangerous for both Jeanne and her opponent, as she will become uncontrolled and obsessed with reducing her opponent to vapor, while also ignoring her own defenses.
    • Voices of the Departed (False) A++
      The True version of this skill would be the ability to hear the voices of those who have passed on. In Jeanne's case, these voices are not real; they are merely a symptom of the mental illness forced on her by the corruption of the Grail. At such a high rank, the voices in her head are omnipresent, constantly hounding Jeanne in all her waking moments. Jeanne believes that the voices in her head are her husband Olivier and her son Guillaume. These false voices are not true representations of the two; rather, they have been distorted into an enabler for Jeanne's violent behavior. Even when Mad Enhancement is inactive, Jeanne will hear these voices encouraging her to commit more and more and more atrocities in the name of vengeance.

Equipment:
    • Sword
    • Armor

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Sail of the Black Fleet: Herald of Certain Death (Anti-Army, C)
    If summoned as a Rider, Jeanne would have access to the Black Fleet, her privateer force that claimed numerous French ships during the Hundred Year's War. As a Berserker, she has been summoned only with the broken sail of one of her ships, which has been mounted on a flagpole. Any who gaze upon the flag and know of her legend will be stricken with a "terror" affect, having their offensive abilities reduced.

La Lionne Sanglante: Vengeance over Money (Anti-Unit, B)
    In the medieval era, executing prisoners of war was generally considered to be stupid, as they could fetch handsome ransom prices. In her career as a privateer, Jeanne ignored this common wisdom, putting to death any nobleman she came across. This Noble Phantasm is the axe with which she performed her executions. Any who gaze upon the Sail of the Black Fleet become targets for this Noble Phantasm; if they have been "marked for death" by the flag and Jeanne has a clear shot at the back of their neck, she can either swing or throw the axe for a chance at an instant kill, regardless of any defensive abilities the target may have. If a luck check is passed, the target's head will be instantly severed from their body. The chance of this effect triggering is inversely proportional to the target's own luck.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Jeanne de Clisson, also known as Jeanne de Belleville, was a French noblewoman who became entangled in the War of the Breton Succession. Her husband, Olivier de Clisson IV, was a military commander under Charles de Blois, but after his capture by the English and subsequent release for a suspiciously low ransom, the French suspected him of being a traitor, and soon after lured him to a tournament under a false pretense of peace before executing him without trial.

This action greatly angered Jeanne, who sold her estate and raised a militia to attack French forces in Brittany. In one notable case, she presided over the massacre of an entire garrison, killing the castle's commander Galois de la Heuse herself. However, she soon realized that fighting in France was a doomed endeavor, so she and her remaining family fled across the English Channel, though her son Guillaume died during the trip.

With the blessing of Edward III of England and John II of Montfort, Jeanne acquired three ships, painted black with red sails. She used these ships and their crew to harass French naval operations, deliver supplies to England's allies in Brittany, and to burn and pillage French coastal villages. She gained the name La Lionne Sanglante for her typical modus operandi: she would personally behead any nobles onboard any ship she captured before letting her men loose on the rest of the crew, save for one which she would send back as a messenger.

Jeanne ended her career in piracy in 1356, having been awarded lands on the coast of Brittany by the English crown in gratitude for her service. She married an English nobleman - Sir Walter Bentley - and retired to a life of peace.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Under normal circumstances, Jeanne would be summoned with full memory of her life, her personality being that of after her retirement. She would have made peace with the events of her life, and while she would still harbor hate towards her enemies, said hatred would not define her entire being.

That is not this Jeanne.

Heroic Spirits that come into contact with the mud of the grail gain bodies of cursed flesh, and they are tainted by it as well. The contaminated servant's personality reverses toward the orientation of evil, the process is called Blackening. While Jeanne - an individual whose legacy was stained with blood - would have some resistance to the tainted ichor, sufficient exposure would be able to corrupt her completely.

Contact with the cursed mud has brought the memories of her husband's death and her quest for vengeance to the forefront of her mind, blocking out all other aspects of her personality. It constantly reminds her that campaign against the French never changed that fact that her husband and son died. It condemns her for even thinking of putting down the sword while also belittling what she did achieve during her thirteen year-long war. This combination of the constant reminder of her failure and the charge to keep on fighting has driven her to the point where all she is able to desire is the death of those around her, the murder of those even remotely related to the crimes committed against her family, whilst also cursing and loathing herself for her own lack of meaningful power. The blood she spilled amounted to nothing tangible, but all she can do is spill more blood. Killing her enemies is no longer the answer to her vengeance, but a duty she has been enslaved to. Now, there is no more answer.

In addition, it has afflicted her with symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia; she has lost touch with reality, being constantly hounded by the voices of her dead husband and son. In certain scenarios, she may even be able to see the visages of her departed family. These hallucinations serve not as the living memory of her loved ones, but as an externalization of the condemning and commanding forces in her being. These figures will order Jeanne to go more and more over the edge, often invoking Jeanne's love for them as reason enough to go deeper.

When under the effect of Blackening, Jeanne has no real wish for the Grail. Her only personal wish is one she cannot even decide herself; she does not know if she wants the voices in her head to stop, or if she wants to follow them to the very end until there is nothing left to kill.

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: the French
    Talents: killing people
    Natural Enemy: Jeanne d'Arc
    Catalyst: a piece of the ships of her Black Fleet, a piece of the castle she lived in prior to Olivier's death.
    Notes: Do NOT summon her in France, as there is a chance that she will completely lose it and go on a killing spree.

----------------------

My first attempt at an Alter Servant. Also, I wanted to try making a Berserker that was less "RAWR SMASH STUFF" and was more mad in the definition that they had a genuinely impairing mental illness. I had the movie A Beautiful Mind in mind when describing the effects of the Blackening; I don't know how canon this would be.

Blog Entries
    Ah, she's scary! Overall, this was a pretty interesting sheet (albeit for a heroine I've never heard of). The Distortion Skill of a certain hero in Strange Fake (is that still a spoiler?) was nicely used, while her personality sounds quite believable and sympathetic. I imagine she'd be one of those 'gains one moment of peace just before dying' types, ala Lancelot and Gilles.

Voices Of The Departed (False) is a creative way of making her hallucinations into a Personal Skill. Interesting that, given how Sail Of The Black Fleet is described, she'd actually be more powerful facing Servants who know her true identity. While neither of her NPs can take effect if the enemy doesn't know of her legend.

Given that I commented on yours, whaddya' think of my Empedocles profile just above?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

---CASTER---
    - Nun'yunu'wi -
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    ====================
    Strength: E
    Endurance: A
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

====================
    Character details
    Dislikes: Menstruating women, women in general
    Talents: Lounging about where he's unwelcome
    Natural Enemy: Spearfinger

Class Skills \
    ~ Territory Construction: [A]
    A Servant's skill at creating territory beneficial to themselves. At the highest rank, a temple is capable of being constructed.

~ Item Creation: [B+]
    Denotes a Servant's proficiency at creating items through thaumaturgy. At B-rank. powerful potions and concoctions can be created.

Personal Skills \

~ Stoneskin: [B]
    Less of a skill and more a birth anomaly, it is a trait shared amongst those born from stone. Caster's skin rivals the durability of the strongest materials one could bury up from the earth. Caster cannot be harmed by attacks below B-rank in Strength.

~ Medicine Man: [A+]
    A title granted to those responsible for "healing" in their communities during times when standardized medical practices were not established. Caster was known as one of the great Ada'wehi - an individual who specialized in all types of healing: physical, mental, metaphysical and spiritual. There was no ail who could not fix nor curse he could not banish, and at the last moments of his death, he shared every secret he could with his killers.

Possessing an A-rank in this skill, Caster is capable of performing any manner of medical assistance through Thaumaturgy. A body of shattered bones can be fixed in hours. Drinking one of his concoctions can rejuvenate the body of starved man, and terminal diseases for which there is only a .0001% of survival can be raised to 55.0001% through Caster's intervention. His medical knowledge stops short only in bringing the dead back to life.

~ Shamanism: [A]
    A skill reserved for indigenous magi who commune with the spirits; both powerful and meager. At A-rank, Caster can conjure the will of the spirits to aid him in battle. They come to his side as guardians, usually in the form of beasts. These guardians are similar to familiars, somewhat bound to Caster through, though they possess their own wills. Should Caster do something they deem unworthy or should they just tire of fighting for his cause, they may vanish at their own whim.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasms \
    Skystone -Glimmering Cane Guided by Clouds-
    [Support] B (Range: 1-20/Target: NA)
    The staff that Nun'yunu'wi always carries with him. At the top of it is large beautiful stone made completely out of turquoise, a type of stone that held strong significance to the American Indians. They called it the "Stone of Sky," and thought it to possess mystic and even prophetic powers. In Skystone's case, both are correct.

Skystone is not necessarily used for casting spells, though it is used for communing with spirits. Conjuring the spirits is done through Nun'yunu'wi's own power, but the staff itself makes contacting them that much easier. It also has its own form of [Clairvoyance]. By holding the staff toward one direction then sniffing it, Nun'yunu'wi can estimate the number of people in that direction, as well as their individual magical energy, regardless of any attempts they use to obscure themselves. Their appearances or anything more specific cannot be attained through this method. By far the most impressive power the staff has is its ability to transform. After being thrown in any direction, Skystone converts itself into pure turquoise and creates various structures from itself. These structures are all very basic for the most part, as Skystone lacks the capacity to become anything more convoluted. A bridge long enough to extend to the height of a mountain, a gate wide enough to stretch across Niagra Falls, a tower tall enough that only Heroic Spirits who possess some capacity of flight could hope to reach the top with a single bound are the types of things it is limited to.

Skystone's most impressive and complex transformation is easily the Sky Temple.

It is Nun'yunu'wi's flying workshop, made of pure turquoise like the other structures. So long as it hides itself in the clouds, it is unable to be located even by Servants with Skills that specialize in identification. While it has no offensive measures, its spirit communing and clairvoyant abilities are still capable of being used while he is inside of it.

Lore
    Caster's true name is Nun'yunu'wi, though he is better known by as the Stone Man.

He, like his nemesis U'tlun'ta, is One Dressed in Stone. Like the ogress, he was also known as a man-eater who had a taste for human livers. Curiously, he was much less aggressive in his attacks to the point where one could barely call him a threat. The Stone Man was more of a wanderer who traveled from settlement to settlement, going wherever his staff would guide him. The various tribes he encountered would try to scare him off or even kill him for trying to invade their territory, but once they realized their weapons could not penetrate his skin and their magic had little to no effect on him, they were left with no choice but to let him lounge about at his wished. He rarely attacked humans, not because he was benevolent creature, but because he liked their company and didn't want to scare them off.

Even when he was captured and set to burn on a pyre, Nun'yunu'wi bared no ill will to the humans killing him. Instead, he shared his secrets in healing, and sang with them throughout the night as the flames burned on. The Stone Man does not hate humans at all. If he did, he would certainly killed more of them.

Or so he says, at least.

Nun'yunu'wi only has one critical weakness - menstruating women. And it truly is a weakness. There is likely no Heroic Spirit such a pitiful for a weakness like him, and there is no thaumaturgic or logical explanation for it. When near a woman currently experiencing her "time of the month" Nun'yunu'wi will grow weak in the knees, and if near them for a lengthy enough time, begin coughing up blood. It is wholly unreasonable weakness that renders him completely vulnerable and incapable of properly using magecraft. Because of this and his inability to discern whether a woman is on her monthly or not, he is wary of all women in general. His rival, Spearfinger, labeled him as her enemy simply because he was of their kind and thus her competition. For Nun'yunu'wi, it was because she was female. Her being another One Dressed in Stone had nothing to do with it. She was the woman who he most crossed paths with - of course she would be his mortal nemesis. Her very presence was a danger for him. If the two of them ever fought while they were alive, she would have conquered him easily.

This is Spearfinger's nemesis. He's ironically a gynophobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]