Page 41 of 858 FirstFirst ... 31363940414243465191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's a pretty good image. You could stand to mention that in the description itself, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Those Fated To Die
    is alright and matches the nature of her death but I would include the imagery you provided later in the description. Also I'm kinda supprised you didn't mention Balmung in one way or another as she still had the sword when she was orchestrating all the death and destruction during the phase of her life (at the end) you've picked her as an Assassin - she sliced Hagen up and that other less important guy with it after all.
    Done.

When one is perceived as a threat, Assassin is able to place a curse upon them which cripples any and all actions, leaving them vulnerable to attack. The curse itself, upon activation, first manifests as a field of white blossoms which shortly thereafter wilt crimson and form a pool of blood underneath the intended target, as the remains of those Assassin successfully exacted her vengeance upon rise up from the afterlife to hold them in place. Rank increases the greater the threat. In addition, the deeper the disdain Assassin has for them, the more severe the affliction. Pure hatred results in instant death of the target at the cost of Assassin’s life. In the case of instant death, the target is dragged into the blood and drowned[1].
    Last edited by Historia; September 23rd, 2016 at 11:12 PM.

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Well after a couple of days and some serious contemplation I've completed my next servant. Was a bit iffy at first but then intuition came. Behold my first Caster.

Faceclaim
    Spoiler:

Identity:Titania Queen of the Fairies
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Height-Weight: 191 CM-80 KG

Dislikes: Disrespect, Oberon, Puck
    Natural Enemy:Oberon

Stats
    Str: D
    End:C
    Agi:B+
    Mana:A++
    Lck:B+

Class Skills

Item Construction:A++-Caster is capable of crafting all sorts of magical items however her talents lies in the crafting of Mystic Codes, inscribed with fairy letters to signify her work. At this rank Mystic Codes she create are on par with Noble Phantasms of the rank of A+ however if it comes down to a direct conflict of Noble Phantasms, one wielded by a Heroic Spirit with a Noble Phantasm of equivalent rank with a bare minimum of mystery will be the victor.

Territory Creation:EX(C-)-At this rank caster can create a 'Realm' in which she gains a rank up in Agi,Mana, and Lck. Here in this territory caster is capable of feats only possible back in the Age of Gods for Caster's Territory Creation is closely intertwined with her first Noble Phantasm elevating this skill to the level of EX. However if she can not make use of her Noble Phantasm then this skill naturally sits at C-.

Personal Skills:

Familiars(Fairies):EX-At this rank caster can invoke all lesser forms of fairies to do her bidding without forming a contract, for all fairies recognize their queen and obey. These fairies can also serve as assistants in the production of Caster's Mystic Codes and other creations effectively turning Caster's Realm into a potent armory.

Queen of the Fair Folk:A++ -As queen of the fairies she encompasses both sides of the Spectrum of Fair Folk, kind and playful, though her wrath if provoked is great and terrible. This skill holds the skills of (Charisma)A,(Enchant)A+,and Witchcraft(A+).

Mental Pollution: D+ Titania's short time under the influence of the flower caused her to love the donkey headed Bottom, however the rank is really low due to the fact of the short time she was under the influence and then she was cured of her mental malady.

Noble Phantasm

Réimso an Aonach-Realm of the Fair:EX-Anti-Unit~Anti-Modern(Support)
    Caster's nature as the Queen of the Fairies and a high form of elemental has the power of a Marble Phantasm though unlike a certain True Ancestor her influence since the decline of the Age of Gods has dwindled to a bare minimum. Nature answers her call and forms a throne from the earth and this acts as the cornerstone of Caster's Realm which when first deployed is just the chair. Her throne links to nearby ley-lines to sap mana from them allowing caster to maintain her Noble Phantasm to little to no cost. Though as time passed and mana is gathered the Marble Phantasms sphere of influence grows. Within the time frame of 12-16 hours Caster's influence can spread to a whole forest. Though within the 8-10 hour window of first deploying her Noble Phantasm she can begin to call fairies from around the world to come serve in her 'Court' the gathering of fairies allows Caster to spread her Realm even faster. Within 24-30 hours magical creatures not seen since the Age of Gods will begin to appear in Caster's Realm which double as means of increasing expansion and doubling as guardians to her realm. As time passes her realm grows overtaking modern buildings and expanding her forest realm. Should Caster be left to her own devices and allowed to expand for a foul 72 hours lesser dragons will return from the far side of the world to inhabit her realm. For they recognize a sufficient territory that has returned to the Age of Gods. A certain King of Heroes would find this Noble Phantasm to be distasteful and would prioritize Caster's destruction as it is an insult to his ideals for mankinds advance from the Age of Gods.

Midnight Summer Dream-A Love born from Deceit:B+ -Anti-Unit(Support)
    This Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of the flower used by Puck to cause Titania to fall in love with Bottom. However this is a more benign version compared to the version Puck would use should he be summoned. This Noble Phantasm applies an ethereal mark on the one Caster shows her affection. It acts as a beacon to know where her 'Beloved' is at all times and her 'Beloved' gains several skills: Affection of the Fairy Queen(B)Lck and Mana go up by a rank, Charisma(C), and Elemental(B+). However there is a catch to this seemingly beneficial Noble Phantasm. Should Caster perish her 'Beloved' will die instantly alongside her. The other catch is should the mark persist for more than three days Caster will entrap her 'Beloved' in her 'Realm' placing them in a trance like state compelling them to stay at Caster's side.

Bio:

Spoiler:
    Titania is the Queen of the Fair Folk, she is a Fairy of the highest caliber only beneath the likes of True Ancestors and her only equal being her 'Husband' Oberon King of the Fairies. She has ruled the Fairies alongside Oberon since time immemorial...or at least as far as she can remember her memories slightly faulty due to the summoning process. Though during the time of Theseus she and Oberon entered a dispute over a changeling child. This incident contrary to popular belief didn't resolved peacefully as the play would have one think. Instead it has caused a rift between the two of them from then on which justified the stories of cruel Fairy Queens and benign Fairy Queens caused by her turn of mood and the ongoing quarrel with Oberon.
    Last edited by Mr.Obsidian; September 24th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Dem wank.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Dem wank.
    Well, she is a faerie queen. I honestly don't think the wank is that bad, honestly. (Mind you, faeries created stuff like Excalibur, they're pretty high up in Nasuverse)

That said, I don't really agree with her third Skill. If it's supposed to be the same as Alexander's then that's not what his does (it's a pure charm effect). And even if it's meant to be an original, the reasoning of 'being charmed by her' equaling a rank down in stats doesn't make much sense to me. I'd suggest going for a simple charm or seduction based Skill.

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Well, she is a faerie queen. I honestly don't think the wank is that bad, honestly. (Mind you, faeries created stuff like Excalibur, they're pretty high up in Nasuverse)

That said, I don't really agree with her third Skill. If it's supposed to be the same as Alexander's then that's not what his does (it's a pure charm effect). And even if it's meant to be an original, the reasoning of 'being charmed by her' equaling a rank down in stats doesn't make much sense to me. I'd suggest going for a simple charm or seduction based Skill.
    Actually it's based of Xuanzang Caster from Fate/Grand Order where she has it at Rank A or A+ I believe and the skill had no description that I could find (granted I didn't check BL since I am unsure I would find anything about F/GO Skills on this site. So went with my own headcanon based on name.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    Actually it's based of Xuanzang Caster from Fate/Grand Order where she has it at Rank A or A+ I believe and the skill had no description that I could find (granted I didn't check BL since I am unsure I would find anything about F/GO Skills on this site. So went with my own headcanon based on name.
    Checking her page on the wiki, you appear to be right. Still, the effect you gave seems kind of generic and arbitrary IMO. (Albeit, I'm probably the last person with any right to complain about unnecessary buff/debuff Skills...)

If you want info on Grand Order Skills and lore I'd recommend checking out the forum's own Materials (Mats) topic under anime/manga. Though, I don't think Xuanzang is listed yet...

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Checking her page on the wiki, you appear to be right. Still, the effect you gave seems kind of generic and arbitrary IMO. (Albeit, I'm probably the last person with any right to complain about unnecessary buff/debuff Skills...)

If you want info on Grand Order Skills and lore I'd recommend checking out the forum's own Materials (Mats) topic under anime/manga. Though, I don't think Xuanzang is listed yet...
    I was just looking for a third skill that would be fitting but I got impatient and decided to just do it. So I guess tomorrow when I have a chance write up a new third skill so as to make it more flavorful to the character instead of generic.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It has no description because we don't have her in GO mats yet. I still wouldn't actually do that for the skill, though, because the functionality of it is supposed to be "fixate on user" rather than "enemy weakening."

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It has no description because we don't have her in GO mats yet. I still wouldn't actually do that for the skill, though, because the functionality of it is supposed to be "fixate on user" rather than "enemy weakening."
    Ah alright then, I'll try to find a good replacement skill as soon as I can think of a good one. Thanks for the info.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Source (X)
    Class: Rider/Berserker
    True Name: Oedipus Rex
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Greece
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human
    Armament:
    Sword, Chariot

STR: B+
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: A+

Height/Weight: 187cm/83kg
    Dislikes: The Gods, Prophets and Seers
    Talent: Obliviousness, Denial
    Natural Enemy: Fate

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (D) - Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Despite nailing from the Age of Gods, he never overcame any magic and was vulnerable to the whims of fate and incapable of escaping the prophecy.
    • Riding (A+) - Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.
    • Mad Enhancement (EX) - All parameters are ranked up and Oedipus mostly maintains his reasoning and intelligence. However he is bipolar in nature. For the most part, he maintains his cheerful and hammy personality however due to being summoned in his prime, later events are repressed. Should something to force him to remember these events he will temporarily fall into despair, hopelessness, grief and sorrow before returning to his usual persona.

Personal Skills:

• Double Summon (B) - A rare personal skill possessed only by a select few Servants, it permits a Servant to simultaneously possess class skills from two distinct classes. It is limited only to the some of the extra classes, cavalry classes, and "modern classes" like Gunner. Odysseus possesses the class skills of the Rider class and Berserker class.
    • Charisma (E) - The natural talent to command, Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Oedipus only ruled because he solved the riddle of the sphinx and was cast out by his people just as quickly. Leadership skills increase, but the morale of troops decreases extremely.
    • Hubris (A+) - Impiety to the gods due to the belief of their own inherent superiority. Due to his absolute belief in himself, Oedipus' parameters are resistant to external modification.
    • Weak Constitution (C) - A weakness struck by the nature of frail health. Similar in nature to Innocent Monster, where the perception of the people in the future affects the existence of Heroic Spirit. Due to being disfigured as a child, Agility has received a rank down.

Noble Phantasms

The Sphinx of Thebes Winged Guardian of the Gates (Anti-Army) (A+) - A divine beast brought forth by Oedipus. She possesses the head of a woman, body of a lion, wings of an eagle and its tail is a snake. Unlike how the Rider class summon forth beasts as mounts, this beast is used as a minion to serve her masters bidding. Oedipus enslaved her by solving the most famous riddle in history; by causing her to stop embargo to Thebes and becoming the cities king. The Sphinx however immediately committing suicide thus allowing him to summon the beast was a Noble Phantasm although their compatibility is poor.

Although it is as physically powerful as the average servant - able to resist bullets and smash and cut through solid concrete, it is exceptionally powerful and talented in magecraft such as offensive spells, illusions and shape shifting effectively allowing Oedipus to summon a Berserker/Caster hybrid. Combined with its high regenerative abilities, it could easily take on two servants in battle. The relationship between the two is difficult and antagonistic at the best of times with the two constantly bickering and arguing with the sphinx only obeying her master because she has to. Their awful relationship and her high mana requirements make maintaining her in her true form for extended periods of time difficult, however if she were to take the form of a human - limiting her powers greatly, she can maintain presence in the world for days on end.

Oedipus would possess this Noble Phantasm regardless of what class he was in.

Laius' Chariot Parade of the True King (Anti-Unit) (C) - A stylised and ornate chariot of King Laius gained by Oedipus by killing his birth father. Designed for high speed, it can be travel at speeds around four hundred kilometres per hour. However like many dragsters, it cannot turn at high speeds and possesses poor manoeuvrability - letting him run over a single target. Additionally due to the false story fabricated around the death of Laius that he was murdered by a band of thieves, the chariot can generate a group of several wraiths that as a group could fight defensively against a servant - their power being limited due to the tale of Laius death being false.

Normally Oedipus would not possess this Noble Phantasm if he were summoned in the Berserker class.

Miss the Misery Woe of the Exile (Anti-Unit) (C) - The final act of Oedipus was cursing his children to kill each other and share in his misery, an act that allowed him to die happy. The crystallisation of the transference of bad luck. Upon his death, everyone he has interacted with will have their luck stat nullified so all rolls based on or around that will automatically fail. Additionally Noble Phantasms and skills that rely on 'May' and 'Will' now 'Can never happen'. For example, weapons such as the Gae Bolg will never successfully pierce someone's heart with its curse again.

Normally Oedipus would not possess this Noble Phantasm if her were summoned in the Rider class.

Lore

King Laius of Thebes had a son with his wife Queen Jocasta. However Laius was cursed due to a crime he committed in his youth and he learned from an oracle that his son will murder him and marry Jocasta. Laius bound the child's feet together and ordered his wife to kill their only child. Jocasta - despite knowing the prophecy - couldn't kill her son so she ordered a servant to do it. The servant took pity on the child and that servant left him on a mountain top to leave the child to die from exposure. A nomadic Sheppard and his wife came across the child and rescued him, named him Oedipus and taken to the childless king and queen of Corrinth, Polybus and Merope. As a young man, he heard a rumour that he was not the true son of the king and queen as he was never informed of his adoption and went to the oracle to know the truth. It was here he was told the prophecy. Still believing he was the son of his (adopted) parents by blood he left the city immediately as he loved his family and would never do anything to hurt them.

On his way to another city, he came across an arrogant wealthy man on the road where they argued over who had right of way. After the wealthy man attempted to run him over with his chariot, Oedipus threw the man from his chariot and killed him, continuing on his way. He then came across a divine beast - the sphinx that guarded the gates of the city, refusing to allow entry. The sphinx riddle asked a riddle. If the traveller could not answer it, they would be eaten.

"What is the creature that walks on four legs in the morning, two legs at noon and three in the evening?"

Due to Oedipus' circumstances with his disfigurement and walking staff, he managed to come across the answer. "Man". Man crawled on all fours at birth, walked on two feet as an adult and used a cane in old age. The sphinx acknowledged defeat and then jumped off a cliff, killing itself. Hailed as the saviour of the city, he was made the new king as the last one recently died in a bandit attack. He married the queen, who despite being old enough to be his mother, retained her good looks and their marriage was 'Fruitful', having four children in quick succession.

However a plague struck the city and Oedipus was told by the prophet Tiresias it was because the murderer of the past king was not avenged and the murderer "shall be a native citizen of Thebes, brother and father to his own children, and son and husband to his own mother." and that Oedipus himself was the murder. Oedipus' wife comforted him by saying the old king was killed by a group of bandits and as such the prophecy that he would be killed by his own son never came true. An accusation came that Oedipus was one of those men so he brought in a Sheppard to give evidence. The Sheppard said he rescued a baby and gave him to king Polybus he also gave a message that Polybus has died, Merope was never his mother and he witnessed the kings murder. The queen has put the truth together at this point. Everyone did but Oedipus. After the queen walked out, Oedpius threatened the shepard who revealed child he gave away was "Laius's own son, and that Jocasta had given the baby to the shepherd to secretly be exposed upon the mountainside. This was done in fear of the prophecy that Jocasta said had never come true: that the child would kill his father. Oedipus realised the truth. His mother was queen Jocasta who he wedded and bedded and had murdered his father. After Jocasta hung herself, he took her broach and blinded himself in despair before being exiled. Tada. Everyone is super miserable forever the end.

Personality

This is the Oedipus before his realisation of the prophecy and subsequent fall into despair. The memories of his later life are repressed for the most part at as such retains some semblance of sanity. As such he is he is a cheerful, hammy and overly confident man who believes himself capable of defying fate and the gods - as long as you don't mention his wife. In this youthful state he doesn't hate the gods, he just believes himself superior to them and want the grail to prove his prowess as a hero. However he became a legend primarily for his shortcomings and failures, though not an Anti-Hero he is just a shadow of a heroic spirit. Egotistical and hedonistic, he prefers wearing modern clothes - giving of the visage of a poorly adjusted delinquent.

Tactics

He believes himself to be a master riddle solver and monster slayer due to his dealing with the sphinx, however he hardly is. He never actually fought a single monster and possesses little actual talent in combat and is awful at games of the mind, having lucked his way into the answer. Still he hold firm to his beliefs and is certain that all others riddles are cheats... or the solvers are cheating. Either way it's not fair!

Despite his physical prowess granted to him by the Mad Enhancement, he has little combat technique or wit and will not last long on his own if one genuinely wishes to win the war. Alternatively he is best used as a distraction to allow success for another.

Either way, best let the Sphinx do all the work…

---------------------------------

I'll go back on my older posts in this newer thread and make separate sections for Personality and Tactics.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 7th, 2016 at 06:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Rider Alter:

True Name
    : Jason 'Fallen Hero of the Argonauts'

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Strength- C
    Agility- A
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- E-
    NP- A++

Appearance: Jason appears similar to his original self, with neck-length golden blonde hair and dazzling green eyes. However, his skin is noticably paler, dark runes of energy run across his body and his tunic is now dark purple. His eyes lack their usual livelihood and now appear cold, dark and empty. Due to the burning effects of Grail Mud, the golden fleece has been permanently melded with his body, granting a savage appearance with the curly dark fur enshrouding his arms and back. He also shows draconic features at times, in accordance with his first Noble Phantasm, the most common of which is his pupils narrowing like a snake's.

Personality
    : Once a proud and boastful hero- exposure to the accursed mud of the Holy Grail has twisted Rider's personality severely. While the normal Jason bears regret but also his pride as a hero, this Jason is left with only regrets and anger. At the end of his life, all his heroic deeds came to nothing. The golden fleece was thrown aside like a rag due to being considered tainted by Medea's treachery. The Argo was left to rot away, abandoned. Everyone close to Jason had either died or betrayed him.

'I wasn't a hero at all, was I? I was just... a fool.'

Those words shake Jason into his core, driving him along the path of evil. In this form, Rider's personality and manner are totally altered to the point of appearing nearly unrecognizable as his former heroic self. He switches between extremely cold and emotionless- willing to cut down anyone in his path- to undergoing bursts of psychotic rage and grief over the loss of his children, leading him to rampage and destroy everything in sight.

While it might be expected that Rider's wish would be revive his children or undo the mistakes of his legend, in fact his bitter heart is beyond any hope for such things. Rider's only wish in this form is simply to make all other heroes experience what he had, the loss of everything they loved, their legends fading to nothing before their eyes.

Rider bears an incredibly strong grudge against other 'great heroes', whom he hates with a dark, blazing passion born of envy. However, beneath it all, Rider still possesses his heart as a hero. Though it has been buried under the Grail's corruption, deep within him is still his former self who championed the Argonauts towards glory.

...While he hates other heroes, Rider hates his current self most of all.

Dislikes: heroic legends, sorcerers, himself
    Talent: self-destructive rampaging
    Natural Enemy: Medea, his other self

Class Skills
    :

Riding (E)- Ability to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, the Servant is only capable of riding the simplest of beasts and motor vehicles. Having several legends of conquering mythic beasts, Rider would normally have a high rank in this Skill, but due to the distortion rendered by the Holy Grail it has been severely lowered.

Magic Resistance (A+)- All Magecraft below the level of True Magic is blocked out. His strong hatred towards sorcery, combined with the effect of the golden fleece which has become fused to his body, have granted Rider a rank far beyond what he could possess normally.

Mad Enhancement (C)- Sacrifices sanity in exchange for raw power. Normally a Skill exclusive to the Berserker Class, Rider possesses it to the distortion rendered by contact with the accursed mud of the Grail. The memories of losing his new wife and children flash periodically before his mind, driving him to extreme grief and rage.

Personal Skills:

Distortion (B)- A distortion rendered through being exposed to the corrupted mud of the Holy Grail. Due to the Servant's existence being muddled, they may possess Skills associated with another Class- in this case, the Mad Enhancement of the Berserker Class. However as a side effect, other Skills and parameters (such as Luck) may have their ranks lowered severely.

Glory Of The Past (A)- The memories of Jason's greatest days, heroically fighting alongside and leading his crew towards glory. These memories do not soften his madness but actually accelerate it, for the recollection of past happiness only serves to enflame his present grief and rage. Rider obtains a + modifier when dealing with mental interference and his Strength parameter is boosted when fighting unarmed, but his constant sorrow and anger makes his spiritual core highly unstable.

Voyager Of The Storm (B-)- A talent to sail vessals recognized as ships. Having led by far the most famous sea voyage in Greek myth, on one of its most celebrated vessels, Rider would have a naturally high rank. However, in this form, Rider's rank has been lowered somewhat due to his disdain for his most famous vessel.

Noble Phantasms:

Chrysomallos Medea- Dark Fleece Of Tainted Gold (A++, Support): The fleece of the legendary golden ram, Chrysomallos, which flew over the skies of Greece for one hundred years. After a certain series of events, it fell into the hands of the Colchian king Aeetes, who guarded over it with a fiercesome dragon.

After it was obtained by Rider in his legendary voyage, Medea's brutal killing of the Iolcian king Pelias led to the fleece being cast aside and thrown into storage. Rather then a holy artifact that brought prosperity to the kingdom, it became a symbol of Rider's deepest regrets as a hero who doomed everyone close to him.

A large, curly ram's pelt with the head and horns still attached. Normally shining a brilliant gold, Rider's regrets have tainted the fleece, dying it an unnatural violet color to the point where only glimmers of its former lustre remain.

In this form, it has been fused with Rider's body almost like an armor of sorts, constantly pulsing with twisted magical energy. However distorted, the fleece's nature as a symbol of 'prosperity' still endures, acting as a potent magical defense. All diseases, curses or poisons are deflected off Rider's skin as if he had the Skill Golden Rule (Body) at rank A. Though, in this form rather then being nullified utterly, they will 'bounce off' to afflict the surrounding area. Paradoxically, its effects in Rider's fallen state have actually been boosted, letting him recover from wounds at an accelerated pace. Minor injuries will close over in only a few moments while greater ones may take days or weeks to fully heal.

Just as it is in the normal Rider's possession, the golden fleece's greatest power lies in the dragon associated with it. However, rather then summoning that dragon, it instead forces the concept of 'guardian dragon' upon the wearer. Almost like a dark parody of some kind, the owner of the fleece and dragon which stood guard over it in legend have been conflated, granting a high draconic attribute. Normally, this merely boosts Rider's Magic Resistance and gives him enhanced vitality like that possessed by dragons.

But as battle wears on, Rider's draconic transformation progresses further. Shimmering dark purple scales begin growing over his body, his hands become clawed, eyes turn slitted and glowing red like a fierce reptilian beast. The transformation steadily raises Rider's physical abilities, letting him attack enemies with his claws and even breath out gouts of dark purple fire. At higher levels, leathery wings will tear their way out of Rider's upper back and a long, scaly tail will sprout from behind him. If left to run unchecked, Rider will become completely equivalent to the fleece's guardian dragon, undergoing a full metamorphosis into a gigantic, high-tier draconic beast.

The farther Rider goes into dragon form, the more his sanity is eroded until he's left nothing more then a rampaging beast lashing out at everything in the vicinity. Also, his magical energy consumption skyrockets to match. If not for his magical energy being provided by the Greater Grail, it would run a severe risk of his killing his Master outright from the strain.

The fleece was meant to be a symbol of prosperity and heroic triumph, so for it to be have been twisted into such an existence truly shows how low Rider has sunk.

Argo- Sink Into Decay, Oh Heroes (B+, Anti-Heroic Spirit): The ship which Rider embarked on his most famous expedition. One of the largest, grandest and sturdiest vessels of the ancient world, unrivalled amongst its peers. The prow was carved from a tree in the sacred forest of Dodona, able to speak and render prophecies.

Like the fleece, the Argo too aquired an evil reputation after its return. Medea's killing and butchering of her own brother on board- an act necesary to escape pursuit but nontheless abhored by the gods- led to the ship becoming tainted. The goddess Hera retracted her divine blessing and the Argo rotted away. Rider ultimately met his end in the ruins of his ship, alone and filled with regrets when the prow snapped off and fell on his head, killing him instantly.

Summoned at the height of its legend, it would be a glorious vessel symbolizing the power of heroes. But this state reflects the ship as it was in the end of Rider's life, a dismal and decaying craft showing that even the greatest legends fade to nothing in time. By invoking its true name, Rider can summon the ship. It emerges from the air, atop a surge of murky dark waters that washes over the surrounding area. Though great in size, it resembles nothing more then a 'ghost ship' with ragged masts and a rotting hull.

Shades of the mythical heroes that once crewed it still linger aboard the ship, rowing the several dozen oars and performing other tasks. These are not the true glorious heroes that stood aboard the Argo but mere ghouls of a similar nature to the mud of the Holy Grail, born from the regrets of heroes who failed to obtain it. They can also be used offensively to attack intruders though, being merely nameless shades, they will be scattered in direct combat against true legendary heroes.

Rider's warship can 'sail' across both land and sea, as well as rush forward at great speed for a powerful ramming attack with the hull. While it appears falling apart, the ship is still as durable as it was in its glory-days.

Its concept has been reversed from that of the regular Argo which is 'a place for the gathering of heroes' into 'a place where heroes sink into ruin'. As such, a strong magical effect oppresses upon any Heroic Spirits that manage to breach the hull and enter the ship's interior. The force of the darkened Argo denies the very concept of heroes, eroding at their legends the longer they remain within.

Over time, even the greatest of heroes will become nothing more then nameless ghouls exposed to the ship's curse, just as Rider himself went from one of the greatest heroes in Greece to a despised nobody hiding away from the world at the end of his life. It can thus be considered an Anti-Legend, Anti-Heroic Spirit Noble Phantasm. Those who are 'Anti-Heroes' or of a monstrous nature will experience a lessened effect from the curse, while Rider himself is wholly immune due to his tainted nature.

A digression but, this Noble Phantasm does not erode at a Servant's legend from the Throne- outside of time and space- but rather that which is embodied within their Class vessel. The 'full' Heroic Spirit existing in the Throne is unaffected, but the connection between it and the Servant on Earth is broken completely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I did that Alter Jason I'd been talking about. Hermes's Roland Alter helped me a lot when it came to designing this guy. He's my first Alter Servant so I hope I portrayed the 'dark & edgy' aspect well enough without going overboard into teen Emo concert level. I definitely went a bit crazy with his level of power, but it seems to be the norm for Alters to be quite a bit more powerful then their former selves (like Cu, for instance) so I think it fits.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not Jocasta 0/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    jocasta is bae but antigone is waifu
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    jocasta is bae but antigone is waifu
    She's also his daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    fixed

i actually had that but got rid of it

Blog Entries
    fixed

i actually had that but got rid of it
    Oedipus is pretty good. Never really expected to see a sheet of him here, since as you even noted he's not really a 'hero'. It fits that the Sphinx is his only real powerhouse NP and the two having an awful relationship is a rather amusing touch. The Dante FC was also quite strangely fitting.

I also never knew the part of his legend where he cursed his children to have the same misfortunes as him and then died happily. I was under the impression he realized his sins and just wandered the land for the rest of his life, or something.

Any commentary on Jason Alter? I'd appreciate it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oedipus is pretty good. Never really expected to see a sheet of him here, since as you even noted he's not really a 'hero'. It fits that the Sphinx is his only real powerhouse NP and the two having an awful relationship is a rather amusing touch. The Dante FC was also quite strangely fitting.

I also never knew the part of his legend where he cursed his children to have the same misfortunes as him and then died happily. I was under the impression he realized his sins and just wandered the land for the rest of his life, or something.

Any commentary on Jason Alter? I'd appreciate it.
    I'm always a fan of Alter servants.

I like the alter version more than the original. You've made the affect of corruption believable and I like the fact you fused the Golden Fleece to him, taking a page out of my own Roland Alter sheet. Distortion is from Alcidies and works for Jason Alter.

First NP is good, i like it though the Colchian dragon wasn't that strong my comparison and was certainly no Fafnir. As for the second, I like the idea of weaking corruption though the Argo rotted quickly and the rotting mast did fall on and kill Jason so I thought you could mention that.

Blog Entries
    I'm always a fan of Alter servants.

I like the alter version more than the original. You've made the affect of corruption believable and I like the fact you fused the Golden Fleece to him, taking a page out of my own Roland Alter sheet. Distortion is from Alcidies and works for Jason Alter.

First NP is good, i like it though the Colchian dragon wasn't that strong my comparison and was certainly no Fafnir. As for the second, I like the idea of weaking corruption though the Argo rotted quickly and the rotting mast did fall on and kill Jason so I thought you could mention that.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, the Alter version is probably more creative with his original self being more-or-less cobbled together from various Jason sheets I'd read (albeit with some original flavor). Whereas his Alter self was more closely based on what I read of the hero in Percy Jackson's The Greek Gods (the original was written up before I finished Jason's entry). And I was definitely inspired by your own Roland Alter, which I even said in the afterword for the sheet itself.

I might add a sentence somewhere in Argo's description mentioning how the mast (I thought it was the prow?) fell on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... I wonder how a fight would go between my Jason Alter and your Roland Alter? Or if the combined edge factor would just suck the Universe into a black hole...

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Well I dumped the Bewitching Rosey Cheeks, and replaced it with a more fitting Mental Pollution. However I'm uncertain if D+ is high enough or perhaps it's accurate enough.

JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Kind of curious as to why she has a superior form of Imperial Privelige. Seeing as how everyone else including Romulus has Imperial Privelige at EX rank.