Page 63 of 858 FirstFirst ... 13535861626364656873113163563 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The guy in charge of localizing Extella. You has a very close and personal relationship with him. How can you talk about Extella if you don't even follow all the exciting adventures in the Extella thread?
    They actually know each other personally? I find that rather unlikely, but I guess it's possible...

Don't keep up to date on the Extella thread, I was just replying because I couldn't figure out what the heck You was even trying to express with that post.

Blog Entries
    Of course not. And he said he believes in that guy he hates (who works on Extella) but whose name he doesn't remember (so did he ever really hate him?) to choose Savior over Saver in the localization.

Blog Entries
    Of course not. And he said he believes in that guy he hates (who works on Extella) but whose name he doesn't remember (so did he ever really hate him?) to choose Savior over Saver in the localization.
    Even from how you're summarizing it I literally cannot wrap my head around this. Are you being intentionally confusing or what?

I think I'm going to have to take a break from the thread until this weird conversation wraps up...

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jason

Blog Entries
    "I hate Jason, but I have faith that he'll make the right choice when it comes to localizing Savior. Also, I must not have ever actually hated him that much, since you don't forget the names of people you hate and I didn't even remember his until Kotonoha reminded me." -Beast's Lair user You

Blog Entries
    Oh I don't know what you guys were talking about, that was just my Servant idea. Jason.

Blog Entries
    What's his power

Blog Entries
    Has boat

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is he a pseudo-Servant possessing Shinji?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "I hate Jason, but I have faith that he'll make the right choice when it comes to localizing Savior. Also, I must not have ever actually hated him that much, since you don't forget the names of people you hate and I didn't even remember his until Kotonoha reminded me." -Beast's Lair user You
    woah
    get out my head
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Is he a pseudo-Servant possessing Shinji?
    This is a good idea, he'd probably get a STR stat boost.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pastebin for all servants in past 3 months (aka the entire thread thus far)

http://pastebin.com/M4Bpfdx4

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Been a little while since I last posted a sheet so here's someone I'm rather surprised no one really did before here. Had a bunch of fun making this one, I guess you could call him my protagonist type Servant...? Oh, and I went back and changed Stalin's third NP to Anti-Army bc there wasn't much of a purpose to make it a Reality Marble.

---

Class:
    Saber (Alternatively Lancer or Rider)
    True Name: Constantine I the Great
    Alias: Saint Constantine, Thirteenth Apostle
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Region: Rome, Constantinopole
    Origin: History

Strength- B
    Endurance- B
    Agility- B+
    Mana- B
    Luck- A+
    NP- A

Height/Weight: 178cm, 57kg
    Attribute: Star
    Dislikes: Rebels, persecution
    Talents: Commanding, inspiring others
    Armament: Sword, armour, spear, rod
    Traits: Human
    Natural Enemy: Maxentius, Galerius

Legend

A Roman Emperor who lived from 306 to 337 AD. He was the first emperor to claim conversion to Christianity and ban persecution of Christians within the Roman empire, defeating many persecutors such as Maxentius. He was an extremely successful leader who enacted many administrative, financial, military, and social reforms to strengthen the empire. The age of Constantine was an important part in the history of the Roman Empire. He built a new imperial palace at Byzantium and renamed the city into Constantinopole after himself.

The city would later become the capital of the Empire for over a thousand years, which is the reason the eastern part of the Empire would later be renamed to the Byzantine Empire. Moreso, Constantine would become to be known as a highly revered and important figure in the history of Christianity. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre was built on his orders at the site of Jesus' tomb in Jerusalem and would come to be known as the most holy place in Christendom. For his importance in their history, the Orthodox Church along with many others have come to rever Constantine as a Saint equal to the twelve apostles, calling him the so called 「Thirteenth Apostle」.

During his life time, Constantine came into possession of what were considered to be the most holiest of objects of Christendom at the time. These objects included the Holy Lance Longinus which pierced the side of Christ, the True Cross which the Christ was crucified on, the Rod of Moses granted to Moses by the God of the Old Testament, etc. With his possession of numerous holy artifacts and his extreme importance in Christianity as well as the fact that he was favoured by the Christ, it is no mistake to say that what has manifested here as a Servant can without a doubt be called 「Christianity's Champion」. A Master that has summoned Constantine the Great and is unable to claim victory in the war can be called nothing but incompetent.

Personality:

Constantine the Great is a noble and fair warrior who is the very definition of chivalry. He is a brave and somewhat arrogant man who possesses an absolute will when dealing with difficulties. A great leader who could instill clear loyalty into his army and was massively popular among the people who believed he was truly under the protection of the Gods. He was also a rather fair judge. Though, he may appear as a noble and kind man to his people, he is also a liberator who instills fear into the bones of his enemies...

An absolutely battle-hardened man who does not know how to give up, ever possessing a constant win streak much to the chagrin of his enemies. Anyone who tried to put this man down was met with crushing failure. Galerius assigned him to a suicide mission by ordering him to march his army through the swamp on the middle Danube, threw him into a pit to combat with a lion single-handedly, and continuously attempted to kill him in hunts and wars, but even so... Despite how hard Galerius tried, Constantine never stopped winning. He returned from the apparent suicide mission in Danube with a Sarmatian captive to drop at Galerius' feet, left the lion in far worse condition than he himself was and evaded any assassination attempts in hunts and wars. Galerius failed and next it was Maxentius' turn.

Maxentius proclaimed Constantine a rebellious traitor and swore vengeance on Constantine for killing his father Maximian - who attempted to rebel against Constantine prior to this but was driven to suicide. All of Constantine's generals and strategists told Constantine that the battle against Maxentius was unfavourable and that Maxentius' army was twice the size if not larger than Constantine's own. And yet, Constantine despite the protests of his strategists and generals marched into war and led a crushing victory against the forces of Maxentius, forcing the man to flee until he was eventually caught, decapitated and his head sent to the doors of his allies that instantly ceased any rebellious activities against the liberator Constantine. Even the people never once abandoned their favour of Constantine during Maxentius' claims of Constantine being a traitor. The Augustus Licinus was met with similar crushing defeat, being unable to take down Constantine either.

Such was the bravery and vitality of the man who never once stopped his immense streak of victory and remained undefeated. He is a great hero who liberated the Roman people and stopped the persecution of Christians during his time as well as combated the inflation with a creation of a new currency that would be used for thousand of years after his time, but every great hero has their dark secret... Because Constantine's image has been distorted by the depiction of him as a tryant by many scholars, Constantine has a side of him that is aligned with the ever-greedy and lust-seeking side of the Roman Empire.

Because of this Constantine cannot be applied to the Ruler class and will remain chained down to his worldy desires by the tyrant side of him. Since Constantine feels discontent towards this depiction of him, he will likely refuse to be summoned into the Lancer class - which is his strongest class. This is due to the fact that in the Lancer class, his primary Noble Phantasm will become the Holy Lance Longinus. But because Longinus is an omnious Lance that tempts the owner with visions of their own greatness, Constantine has a heavy dislike for the spear that would likely fuel the tyrant he is trying to suppress.

Class Skills:

• Magic Resistance (A) - Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what high-thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer". Beside being of the Saber class which possesses natural high ranking resistance to Magecraft, Constantine's rank is particularly high due to the divine protection granted to him by numerous Gods and his second Noble Phantasm that protects him from harm through the relic taken out of the True Cross.
    • Riding (B) - Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts. Constantine was a knight skilled in riding horses and he led numerous cavalry charges against enemy tribes. When summoned into the Rider class, this skill is ranked up.

Personal Skills:

• Saint (A) - A skill possessed by those acknowledged as a ''Saint''. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of saint is selected one among "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible". In Constantine's case, he is recognized as a Saint equal to the Apostles by the Orthodox Church for being an important historical figure who was the first Roman emperor to claim conversion to Christianity and ceasing the persecution of Christians in the Roman Empire which was a turning point for Early Christianity, sometimes referred to as the Triumph of the Church, the Peace of the Church or the Constantinian Shift.
    • Duality (B) - A skill similar to that of ''Innocent Monster''. It is possessed by those containing two conflicting personalities - often created as a result of a false picture painted of the individual by the minds of the people. Constantine, who is revered as a Saint, possesses a second personality - which is that of a cruel, self-righteous tyrant. This is a picture of Constantine that many scholars have tried to depict ever since the discovery of anti-Constantinian sources. As such, upon being summoned as a Servant, Constantine is constantly suppressing a second ''him'' who is trying to come to the surface and tempt Constantine to relieve himself in wordly pleasures. When fighting a battle with personal intentions - such as anger or hatred towards the other individual - Constantine is granted a rank up in STR and his strikes become more aggressive and cruel in nature - as if he were a butcher instead of a knight. In exchange when fighting such a battle, the personal skill Saint is locked away and a rank down in LCK is activated. Because of this skill, Constantine is not applicable for the Ruler class.
    • Charisma (B) - Rank suitable for a king of a country. Constantine ruled over the Roman Empire and instilled great loyalty into his people to the point that his men were unwilling to betray Constantine even when they were offered money by the opposing side. He was a king loved by many and was even referred to as the ''Greatest Augustus'' in his time.
    • Military Tactics (B) - Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Constantine the Great was a magnificent military leader who led numerous successful military campaigns during his life-time. Notably, he utterly destroyed any of the opposing Roman emperors and rebels that were trying to take him down from power. Maximian, Licinius, and most importantly Maxentius all suffered major defeats at the hands of Constantine contrary to the belief of his generals and strategists who thought Constantine had unfavourable chances against Maxentius whose army was twice as large. Furthermore, he pursed successful campaigns against the tribes on the Roman frontiers - such as the Franks, the Alamanni, the Goths and the Sarmantians - and even resettled territories abandoned by his predecessors during the Crisis of the 3rd Century.
    • Divine Protection (A) - A skill that grants the user the quick-wittedness and brute strength to defeat enemies unaided. It is a sign that the owner is protected by beings of higher existence. During his life time, Constantine was popularly believed to have had the supernatural guidance of numerous Gods and Goddesses. He was believed to have had the affections of both Apollo and Victoria who had granted him golden laurel wreaths of good health and long reign. It was even said that he was granted the ''rule of the World'' by Apollo. More importantly, however, is the affection granted to him by the Christ who aided him in the battle against Maxentius.

Noble Phantasm(s)...
    Ecclesia Sancti Sepulchri
    Church of the Ressurection

Type: Reality Marble
    Range: 0~20
    Max. Target: 50 people

In his life, Constantine is known for ordering the construction of many important holy constructs such as the Church of the Holy Apostles and Old Saint Peter's Basilica. The most important construct is, however, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre which was built at the site of Jesus' tomb in Jerusalem and has become the holiest place in Christendom. When manifested as a Noble Phantasm, what is summoned isn't just this single Church that Constantine constructed in his time, but rather a complex of churches and corridors that have manifested all of Constantine's important constructs in life.

Similar to the temple complex of Ramesses II, Constantine is treated as if he were truly immortal here through the process of constant ressurection. A fatal strike through the heart or a decapitation - none of those will truly kill Constantine while he is in his Reality Marble. Through extensive time manipulation, Constantine's own body will be brought back or rather ''ressurected'' to a time before the injury transpired. The only clear way to defeat Constantine is the destruction of the complex itself. Furthermore, because this is the holiest place in Christendom, any and all curses will hold no value in here. They will be absolutely dispersed without exception. Even the corruption of All the Evils of the World may not thrive upon these holy floors.

If an ally were to be cursed by the mud of the Grail and turned into an ''Alter'' version of themselves, bringing them to his Reality Marble will make it possible for the curse to be dispersed over time and they will be reverted back to their ''original self''. Moreso, when enemies that possesses the traits of demons are transported into the confinement of these sacred walls, all parameters will be a rank down and holy artifacts such as Longinus, Excalibur, etc. will be boosted in performance. This Noble Phantasm is sealed away while Constantine is under the effects of the ''Duality'' skill. It is only summonable in the Saber and Lancer classes furthermore.

Helmet of Constantine
    Relic of the True Cross

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 2~3
    Max. Target: 1 person (self)

A helmet worn by the emperor Constantine which was featured in his royal iconography. According to legend, the materials of which the helmet was crafted in included those of relics found in the Holy Land by his mother Saint Helena. Most notably, his helmet contained a single nail taken out of the True Cross that Jesus was crucified on. By including the nail in the helmet's creation, it was said that Constantine would be protected from any harm arriving his way.

According to Saint Helena, the purpose of the nail was to protect her son Constantine from any darts raining towards him by the intervention of the Lord Almighty himself. When manifested as a Noble Phantasm, this helmet grants Constantine absolute protection against enemy arrows and bullets. Not through the process of negating, but through the process of averting. Because Constantine is protected by the Lord himself, he is surrounded in an absolute shroud that is inscribed with the command ''No dart may approach my domain'', forcing any arrows to evade Constantine regardless of their magnitude.

Because of this Constantine possesses absolute dominance over fights with those of the Archer class, effectively shutting down their preferred way of fighting - long ranged combat. This, however, is applied only in a certain range. Any arrow that enters the range of ~3 around Constantine will instantly be averted into another direction from him, but if the Archer in question were to enter a close combat with Constantine that is closer than the ~2 range, the helmet will be unable to avert the arrow and Constantine will be forced to face the full blunt of it head on. Of course, since Constantine is a powerful Servant of the Saber class and he is highly competent at close ranged combat, it wouldn't be a wise idea for an Archer to enter into such close combat with him. They will likely be cut down immediately. There are, however, exceptions to this such as Arjuna who possesses immense power in close combat despite being a Servant of the Archer class which's main style of fighting is long range.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
    Cross of the Conqueror Almighty

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~20
    Max. Target: 50 people

Before an important battle with the pagan emperor, Maxentius, Constantine and his men led a prayer. After a while, a cross appeared in the sky, above the sun and shining brightly with the inscription In Hoc Signo Vinces, meaning ''By this sign, you will conquer''. This Noble Phantasm will be activated only when Constantine points to the skies with his sword and recites a prayer. Upon finishing, the skies will open up and a bright light will envelop Constantine. Anyone who witnesses Constantine shining in the light will have a powerful effect of ''admiration'' instilled into them, making it clear to them that Constantine is under the protection of God Almighty himself.

What will appear in the hole made in the sky is a large cross that will radiate with utmost brilliance. By reciting the name of this Noble Phantasm, Constantine will be granted the absolute right to ''conquer''. Upon his command, a powerful blast of light will rain down on the enemy army frying anyone who comes into contact with it. It is a glimpse of power possessed by the Heavens themselves, still shockingly powerful even in the Age of Man.

There is a condition to this Noble Phantasm, unfortunately. In order to be able to summon upon the power of the Christ, Constantine has to be fighting a battle not advantageous to himself. Furthermore, he cannot activate it inside his Reality Marble. And lastly, the true power of this Noble Phantasm cannot be activated in a battle where Constantine is fighting a battle for someone else - such as for his Master. On the other hand, when fighting a personal battle contrary to the wishes of his Master, this Noble Phantasm will be granted a rank up in performance and will amount to the power of an A+ ranked Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. In that occasion, the blast will seem as if it were led by the Goddess Victoria herself in order to achieve absolute victory for Constantine the Great. Plus corrections are granted if fighting Servants related to paganism.

Other Noble Phantasms possessed by Constantine are the
    Holy Lance Longinus
    Spear of Destiny
    (Lancer),
    Bridle of Constantine
    Relic of the True Cross
    (Rider) and
    Nehushtan
    Serpent of Lord Almighty
    (Rider).
    Last edited by Adlet; October 23rd, 2016 at 09:56 AM.

Okay, here's mine:

Class: Ruler (Proto-Ruler)/Avenger (Josiah Alter)
    Name: Yosiyyahu (Josiah)
    Alias: The Last Good King of Jerusalem, The Ideal Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Region: Judah, Israel.
    Origin: Biblical History

H/W: 175cm/55kg
    Attribute: Fire
    Likes: Conversating with God, Imposing laws, destroying images that represented false gods.
    Dislikes: Idolatrous people and people who didn't follow the stipulations of the law.
    Talents: Leading the people with fairness and justice.
    Natural enemy: Asshurbanipal, Shamashumukin, Sinsharishkun, Asshurubalit and Necho II.
    Armaments: Sword, Armor, Devarim Scroll (Deuteronomy)
    Trait: Human

Str: B
    End: B
    Agi: B
    Mna: B+
    Lck: B
    NP: A+

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: A+

Cancel all spells at the A+ rank.

Justice: EX

He can rule with justice and mercy to all men.

Personal Skill:

Divinity: C

Being one of the Ancestors of Christ, Josiah cannot escape the sacraments but he can use the Noble Phantasm: Pesach (Progenitor of Eucharist)

Zeal: A

With his Zeal, Josiah can raise all attributes as well by his burning zeal.

Charisma: B+

King Josiah was respected by his people even biblical scholars whom they called him 'The most Ideal Ruler of the Kingdom of Judah.'

Noble Phantasm:

Devarim (The Fundamental Law of the Land) : A+++ (Anti-City)

Josiah's Noble Phantasm that enacts the Commandments and Precepts of his Kingdom. The Blessings and Curses and other laws.

Bethel (Flaming Sword that punishes all gods) : C-EX (Anti-Unit, Anti-Divine)

With his zeal, Josiah can materialize his fire sword to destroy other servants that depends on Divinity attribute.

Pesach (Progenitor of the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist) : C-EX (Anti-Unit, Anti-Divine, All Allies) (Ruler Class)

Josiah can activate Pesach while his Zeal is at A+++ and traps an opponent, delivering a single fatal blow and blood flows to the grail, purifying it from corruption and heals all allied servants not counting the allies' masters. This can use if the opponent has Divinity attribute of any rank.

Megiddo (Baptism of Final Onslaught) : A+ (Anti-World) (Avenger Class)

It seems God activates Josiah as an Avenger class after his demise right before the fall of Jerusalem, he changes the landscape into the bloody one and incinerates them with the flames of his wrath.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I can see a lot of work was put into that Constantine sheet. IMO, Duality seems unnecessary - you could just make a Constantine Alter sheet or something.

Also, to me, bootleg Ramesseum Tentyris makes him more fit to be mid-boss or final boss than protagonist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ByblosLXX View Post
    Okay, here's mine:

Class: Ruler (Proto-Ruler)/Avenger (Josiah Alter)
    Name: Yosiyyahu (Josiah)
    Alias: The Last Good King of Jerusalem, The Ideal Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Region: Judah, Israel.
    Origin: Biblical History

H/W: 175cm/55kg
    Attribute: Fire
    Likes: Conversating with God, Imposing laws, destroying images that represented false gods.
    Dislikes: Idolatrous people and people who didn't follow the stipulations of the law.
    Talents: Leading the people with fairness and justice.
    Natural enemy: Asshurbanipal, Shamashumukin, Sinsharishkun, Asshurubalit and Necho II.
    Armaments: Sword, Armor, Devarim Scroll (Deuteronomy)
    Trait: Human

Str: B
    End: B
    Agi: B
    Mna: B+
    Lck: B
    NP: A+

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: A+

Cancel all spells at the A+ rank.

Justice: EX

He can rule with justice and mercy to all men.

Personal Skill:

Divinity: C

Being one of the Ancestors of Christ, Josiah cannot escape the sacraments but he can use the Noble Phantasm: Pesach (Progenitor of Eucharist)

Zeal: A

With his Zeal, Josiah can raise all attributes as well by his burning zeal.

Charisma: B+

King Josiah was respected by his people even biblical scholars whom they called him 'The most Ideal Ruler of the Kingdom of Judah.'

Noble Phantasm:

Devarim (The Fundamental Law of the Land) : A+++ (Anti-City)

Josiah's Noble Phantasm that enacts the Commandments and Precepts of his Kingdom. The Blessings and Curses and other laws.

Bethel (Flaming Sword that punishes all gods) : C-EX (Anti-Unit, Anti-Divine)

With his zeal, Josiah can materialize his fire sword to destroy other servants that depends on Divinity attribute.

Pesach (Progenitor of the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist) : C-EX (Anti-Unit, Anti-Divine, All Allies) (Ruler Class)

Josiah can activate Pesach while his Zeal is at A+++ and traps an opponent, delivering a single fatal blow and blood flows to the grail, purifying it from corruption and heals all allied servants not counting the allies' masters. This can use if the opponent has Divinity attribute of any rank.

Megiddo (Baptism of Final Onslaught) : A+ (Anti-World) (Avenger Class)

It seems God activates Josiah as an Avenger class after his demise right before the fall of Jerusalem, he changes the landscape into the bloody one and incinerates them with the flames of his wrath.
    For one thing... who is this guy, exactly? You're making him out to be quite the big-shot with his NPs and Skills, but I've literally never heard of him before and you give no lore summary to explain why the heck he's so important. Also, the sheet feels... really sparse overall. For most of his NPs, it's not at all clear why he should have them in terms of lore or what the effects even are (for instance, based on the description given I have no idea what his Devarim NP does, though I can guess).

He's also extremely powerful but, in absence of any explanation as to his lore, I can't say for sure how wanked he is. I get the feeling by quite a lot, though.

And if he's a Ruler, Class Skills should be Magic Resistance (which you got right), True Name Discernment and God's Resolution, not 'Justice'. Also, I don't think spells even have + modifiers to be honest so the description for Magic Resistance doesn't really make sense. Not saying he can't have it at that rank (though frankly I have some doubts whether he deserves it), but the effect should be worded in some other way.

Overall, the idea behind this sheet isn't necessarily bad but it's quite unpolished and needs a lot more detail to stand at the level of others here. Sorry.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I can see a lot of work was put into that Constantine sheet. IMO, Duality seems unnecessary - you could just make a Constantine Alter sheet or something.

Also, to me, bootleg Ramesseum Tentyris makes him more fit to be mid-boss or final boss than protagonist.
    Well the idea with Duality was to give him something like Innocent Monster, but not out-right Innocent Monster since it doesn't really affect his physical appearance or anything like that. This is because people view him in conflicting ways with the Christians thinking he's a saint and the scholars thinking he's a tyrant so I wanted to use it as a way to spice him up a bit and give a reason why he can't be summoned as a Ruler.

Constantine Alter doesn't seem like something that would work given what I made the effects of his first NP. Since he could just activate it in the case where he's fighting Grail mud, unless we're talking about him in the Rider class where I said he doesn't have it.

And I guess your point about him being a final or mid boss is fair. Didn't really think about it that way since I kind of made him a good guy this time around instead of going with the maybe good but kinda sociopathic type guy I did with Yamato Takeru and Juan Ponce de Leon.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Well the idea with Duality was to give him something like Innocent Monster, but not out-right Innocent Monster since it doesn't really affect his physical appearance or anything like that. This is because people view him in conflicting ways with the Christians thinking he's a saint and the scholars thinking he's a tyrant so I wanted to use it as a way to spice him up a bit and give a reason why he can't be summoned as a Ruler.

Constantine Alter doesn't seem like something that would work given what I made the effects of his first NP. Since he could just activate it in the case where he's fighting Grail mud, unless we're talking about him in the Rider class where I said he doesn't have it.

And I guess your point about him being a final or mid boss is fair. Didn't really think about it that way since I kind of made him a good guy this time around instead of going with the maybe good but kinda sociopathic type guy I did with Yamato Takeru and Juan Ponce de Leon.
    I mean Alter as in him being evil. His evil side. GO teaches us not all Alters are Angra's doing.

Being a good guy doesn't prevent one from being a boss - Karna in Apocrypha, for example.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I mean Alter as in him being evil. His evil side. GO teaches us not all Alters are Angra's doing.

Being a good guy doesn't prevent one from being a boss - Karna in Apocrypha, for example. I could see a member of the Church summoning him. And as we all know, Church members involved in Grail Wars are never protagonists, or good guys.
    Oh, you mean a Grail creation like Jeanne Alter? Well, fair enough. That evaded my thought.

And I am aware. Karna's case is just a bit of a rare case since most of the bosses have some ulterior motive, which is why I didn't really think of it that way while typing that post. I do agree that he'd make up for a good boss though.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Oh, you mean a Grail creation like Jeanne Alter? Well, fair enough. That evaded my thought.

And I am aware. Karna's case is just a bit of a rare case since most of the bosses have some ulterior motive, which is why I didn't really think of it that way while typing that post. I do agree that he'd make up for a good boss though.
    Grail creation, or even just "another side" of the Servant, really. Like how there's young prince Iskandar and big conqueror Iskandar. Good boy knight-king Constantine and evil overlord Constantine.

Hm. I could really see him being the final boss of a story with an Archer protag, and Duality would be good for that. Loses his temple halfway through, gets ultra-pissed, Duality gets triggered permanently, and final battle is vs. Immune-to-Arrows Evil Constantine.