Page 95 of 858 FirstFirst ... 4585909394959697100105145195595 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Is there any real reason to use the "Gunner" class? I was thinking about putting it into a sheet, but...archer basically covers all projectile weapons anyway. If Nobunaga is an archer, what's even the point of the gunner class? Besides, we know basically nothing about it, right?

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure the only reason for a double summon is to more better fit a Servant's legend (imagine Nobu as Gunner) or to give them access to skills an Archer normally wouldn't have.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Is there any real reason to use the "Gunner" class?
    Simo Häyhä.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Say you were going to make a HGW fic, but you could only use Servants from the Create-a-Servants threads.

Who would you use?
    I might be too late for this, but oh well. Among my Servants, I guess I'd go with

Saber: Kriemhild
    Archer: Europa
    Lancer: Diomedes
    Rider: Cyrus the Great
    Caster: Jean-Eugène Robert-Houdin
    Assassin: Hagen
    Berserker: Gugalanna
    Last edited by Zork Knight; November 17th, 2016 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Is there any real reason to use the "Gunner" class? I was thinking about putting it into a sheet, but...archer basically covers all projectile weapons anyway. If Nobunaga is an archer, what's even the point of the gunner class? Besides, we know basically nothing about it, right?
    Billy would probably be a Gunner in a regular Grail War

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah we don't actually have any details
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Simo Häyhä.
    But of course! In all seriousness, I think I'll just stick with Archer because there's no real information on Gunner nor is there any particular reason to use it. I mean, there are canonical servants with guns in Archer. (Nobunaga and Billy. Billy also supposedly qualifies for Gunner, but he could manifest in Archer as well so it's fine.)
    Last edited by 4score7years; November 17th, 2016 at 11:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Don't mind me, just doubleposting with Hot Wanked Presidents.

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=28607846
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: Historical
    Region: America

Parameters
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Mana: E
    Luck: A
    NP: C

Height/Weight: 185cm/64kg
    Dislikes: The British
    Talents: Being a badass in general
    Natural enemy: The fucking British
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human
    Armament: black trenchcoat, dueling pistols

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: (E+)
    Mad Enhancement raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills.
    Normally does not receive the benefits of Mad Enhancement. In exchange, he retains a normal capacity to think. A Luck Check is performed whenever damage is received, failure results in him going wild and Stats excepting mana and luck being raised.
    Berserker's temper was legendary among his colleagues, demanding to duel or otherwise fight personally anyone who crossed him. He continued to beat the shit out of people with his bare hands right up to his 70th birthday.

Personal Skills:

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit: (B)
    Nature of a Rebellious Spirit is the temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.
    Berserker has been rebelling since authority since he was 12 years old, when he refused to shine the shoes of a British officer, earning him a few sword slashes to the face.

Military Tactics: (C)
    Military Tactics is tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    Famed for the quick and decisive action he took during The Battle of New Orleans, Berserker's ragtag collection of pirates and militiamen held off a full scale British invasion by sea outnumbred 2 to 1.

Protection From Arrows: (N/A)
    Protection from Arrows is an increased defense against ranged attacks by predicting the projectiles' trajectories through exceptional means, such as hearing the sound of air being cut, or sensing the killing intent of the enemy.
    Berserker was the first president to be the victim of an assassination attempt. During which both of the assailant's guns misfired, allowing Berserker to crack his skull in with his cane. A "ghost" Skill, Berserker cannot guard against projectiles in the orthodox sense of the Skill, rather it just has a small chance to make him completely immune to ranged attacks at random times.

Battle Continuation: (B)
    Battle Continuation is the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.
    Berserker fought a lot of duels. A lot of duels. More than 100, all of which he walked away from.
    One famous case is of Berserker dueling a man who had lost to him while betting on a horse race. At which point the man insulted Berserker's wife, and challenged him to a duel. The man--named Charles Dickinson--shot Berserker square in the chest. Berserker didn't even flinch when he turned around and shot Dickinson in the throat.

Noble Phantasm

The Trail of Tears
    Forward Unto Death

Type: Anti-Unit/Team
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 10

The Trail of Tears was a series of forced removals of Native American nations from their ancestral homelands in the Southeastern United States to an area west of the Mississippi River that had been designated as Native Territory. The forced relocations were carried out by various government authorities following the passage of the Indian Removal Act in 1830. The relocated people suffered from exposure, disease, and starvation while en route, and more than four thousand died before reaching their various destinations. The removal included members of the Cherokee, Muscogee, Seminole, Chickasaw, and Choctaw nations. The phrase "Trail of Tears" originated from a description of the removal of the Cherokee Nation in 1838.

Crystallized into a Noble Phantasm, Berserker can only activate it once he's forced his target to [retreat]. At which point the enemy Servant will find themselves unable to alter their course as to face Berserker again, continuing to meander the full 3,500km length of the Trail of Tears should they be left unobstructed. As they walk, the ground will begin to wither and die, its prana being sucked up and sent to Berserker with the target as a sort of battery-operated middleman. A distance-making offense, attacking the target while his back is turned will be incredibly easy, though hard to convince Berserker to cooperate.

Line Jackson
    New Orleans Yet Continues

Type: Barrier
    Range: 10
    Max Target: 100

The line Berserker "drew" during The Battle of New Orleans. A series of artillery batteries on the outskirts of town, reinforced with earthworks. This line withstood the last major battle of the War of 1812, the fighting officially ending after the Treaty of Ghent was even signed. An automatic defense Bounded Field. Conversely to The Trail of Tears, this only activates when Berserker himself is put on the defensive, rebuking up to five attacks with ghostly suppressing fire as long as Berserker remains rooted to the spot.

Lore

Andrew Jackson was an American soldier and statesman who served as the seventh President of the United States from 1829 to 1837 and is considered the founder of the Democratic Party. He was born near the end of the colonial era, somewhere near the then-unmarked border between North and South Carolina, into a recently immigrated Scots-Irish farming family of relatively modest means. During the American Revolutionary War, Jackson, whose family supported the revolutionary cause, acted as a courier. At age 13, he was captured and mistreated by the British army. He later became a lawyer. He was also elected to Congressional office, first to the U.S. House of Representatives and twice to the U.S. Senate.

In 1801, Jackson was appointed colonel in the Tennessee militia, which became his political as well as military base. He owned hundreds of slaves who worked on the Hermitage plantation. In 1806, he killed a man in a duel over a matter of honor regarding his wife Rachel. He gained national fame through his role in the War of 1812, most famously where he won a decisive victory over the main British invasion army at the Battle of New Orleans. In response to conflict with the Seminole in Spanish Florida, he invaded the territory in 1818. This led directly to the First Seminole War and the Adams–Onís Treaty of 1819, which formally transferred Florida from Spain to the United States.

After winning election to the Senate, Jackson ran for president in 1824. Although he got a plurality in both electoral and popular vote against three major candidates, Jackson failed to get a majority and lost in the House of Representatives to John Quincy Adams. Jackson claimed that he lost by a "corrupt bargain" between Adams and Speaker of the House Henry Clay, who was also a candidate, to give Clay the office of Secretary of State in exchange for Adams winning the presidency. Jackson's supporters then founded what became the Democratic Party. He ran again for president in 1828 against Adams. Building on his base in the West and with new support from Virginia and New York, he won by a landslide. He blamed the death of his wife, Rachel, which occurred just after the election, on the Adams campaigners, who called her a "bigamist".

As president, Jackson faced a threat of secession by South Carolina over the "Tariff of Abominations", which Congress had enacted under Adams. In contrast to several of his immediate successors, he denied the right of a state to secede from the union or to nullify federal law. The Nullification Crisis was defused when the tariff was amended and Jackson threatened the use of military force if South Carolina attempted to secede.

In anticipation of the 1832 election, Congress, led by Clay, attempted to reauthorize the Second Bank of the United States four years before the expiration of its charter. In keeping with his platform of economic decentralization, Jackson vetoed the renewal of its charter, thereby seemingly putting his chances for reelection in jeopardy. However, by portraying himself as the defender of the common person against wealthy bankers, he was able to defeat Clay in the election that year. He thoroughly dismantled the bank by the time its charter expired in 1836. His struggles with Congress were personified in his personal rivalry with Clay, whom Jackson deeply disliked and who led the opposition of the emerging Whig Party. Jackson's presidency marked the beginning of the ascendancy of the "spoils system" in American politics. He is also known for having signed the Indian Removal Act in 1830, which forcibly relocated a number of native tribes in the South to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma).

Jackson supported his vice president Martin Van Buren's successful presidential campaign in 1836. He worked to bolster the Democratic Party and helped his friend James K. Polk win the 1844 presidential election.

Personality

Jackson's quick temper was notorious. "His audacity on behalf of the people earned him enemies who slandered him and defamed even his wife, Rachel. He dueled in her defense and his own, suffering grievous wounds that left him with bullet fragments lodged about his body." However, Remini is of the opinion that Jackson was often in control of his rage, and used it (and his fearsome reputation) as a tool to get what he wanted in his public and private affairs.

Observers likened him to a volcano, and only the most intrepid or recklessly curious cared to see it erupt. His close associates all had stories of his blood-curling oaths, his summoning of the Almighty to loose His wrath upon some miscreant, typically followed by his own vow to hang the villain or blow him to perdition. Given his record – in duels, brawls, mutiny trials, and summary hearings – listeners had to take his vows seriously.
    On the last day of the presidency, Jackson admitted that he had but two regrets, that he "had been unable to shoot Henry Clay or to hang John C. Calhoun.

Tactics

Because of Berserker's continued ability to think when not enraged, making good use of his tactical fighting expertise while the Master can should be their first priority. Because of the fluid, if weak parameters for both of his Noble Phantasms, the Master is encouraged to lend what personal help he can to activate Berserker's deceptively useful abilities.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 18th, 2016 at 03:06 AM.

Lawful Good for Andrew Jackson? I take it you're a fan?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    Lawful Good for Andrew Jackson? I take it you're a fan?
    Woops, that was a holdover I forgot to delete.

Blog Entries
    He's battle hardened ​thank you

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kind of conflicted regarding that Andrew Jackson Servant since, on the one hand the sheet itself is quite good and you portrayed him exactly as the kind of crazy awesome character I'd otherwise quite like, but... I've also heard that the guy in real life was kind of a terrible person and racist (even by the standards of his time). Even with the Chaotic Neutral alignment, it still feels a bit too close to lionizing him then I'm comfortable with. If you want to portray him as a flawed but sympathetic man then that's fine but I'd at least make more mention of the Trail Of Tears and his racism in the Personality section. Just my personal opinion borne from hearing about the man himself, not really to do with the quality of the sheet.

Blog Entries
    You could make the case that any "evil" or "good" person out of history can be construed in multiple different ways; just look at Saber and Saber Alter.
    But Lawful Evil does seem like a bit more of an accurate representation I guess. Fixed.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 18th, 2016 at 03:06 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Hmmm yes, i definitely see the similiarities between female King Arthur and guy who murdered tons of natives.

Blog Entries
    Reminder King Arthur killed almost 1000 people at the battle of Badon Hill alone and massacred Saxons like it was going out of style.
    Why do you think Saber Alter is even a thing.

But who's arguing it's been changed

JP Friend Code
    Me: Using a fictional literary character to justify the glorification of an historical figure whose actions had long lasting consequences on a real marginalized group of minorities is kind of weird.

You: But they both did bad things!

Blog Entries
    And the Saxons invading and wiping the native Bretons out isn't the same concept?
    I'm not justifying what he did, but we have sheets for Hitler, Stalin, and Mao Zedong and apparently there were no problems with them.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    And the Saxons invading and wiping the native Bretons out isn't the same concept?
    I'm not justifying what he did, but we have sheets for Hitler, Stalin, and Mao Zedong and apparently there were no problems with them.
    They were no problem because nobody tried to make them sympathetic. And King Arthur is a pretty much fictional person that has actual tales that interpret him as legitimaly heroic. Jackson was a real person who was a major racist.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 18th, 2016 at 04:48 AM.

Blog Entries
    >Hitler
    >Stalin
    >Mao Zedong
    Really, dude.

The sheet's fixed, this is being dragged out way too far.

Because it's not like Jackson contributed enough to the American diaspora to earn his spot on the $20 but maybe I'm full of shit.
    There. I'm done now.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    >Hitler
    >Stalin
    >Mao Zedong
    Really, dude.

The sheet's fixed, this is being dragged out way too far.

Because it's not like Jackson contributed enough to the American diaspora to earn his spot on the $20 but maybe I'm full of shit.
    There. I'm done now.
    I'm sorry if I sounded antagonistic. I am just saying that these three are ironically far less controversial due to their infamous reputation as tyrant. Everyone has mostly share same interpretation of them. By contrast, Jackson contributed to the prosperity of America, he also performed several actions of questionable ethics. It is thus no surprise that one's personal interpretation of him will be contested by others. I am not myself saying that your interpretation is wrong; I'm just saying that the subject itself is controversial.