Page 240 of 858 FirstFirst ... 140190230235238239240241242245250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://theboyofcheese.deviantart.com...enze-267303704
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Historical
    Region: France

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: E
    Luck: B
    NP: C

Height/Weight:
    Dislikes: Listening to anyone who isn’t him
    Talents: Philosophy
    Natural enemy: John Locke, John Calvin
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Male, Servant

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: ( - )
    This Skill has been replaced with Cartesian Boundary.

Personal Skills:

Self-Suggestion: (A)
    Self-Suggestion is a powerful suggestion that has oneself as the target, raising resistance against mental interference.
    A suggestion of Assassin’s that to truly gain knowledge, one must examine new and old subjects as if no one had ever written on them before. In this way, he’s faithfully ignored every piece of empirical and anecdotal evidence on everything to the point that it’s become a part of his being.
    Since this theory has him question the existence of all outside influences on a conceptual level, he can’t even be sure if he’s not just imagining an enemy attacking him.
    Thus, Assassin possesses a high defensive effect against the effects of magecrafts, Skills, and Noble Phantasms that influence the mind.

Lich Form: (A)

According to Assassin, there exists a fundamental disconnect between the mind (soul) and the body. Because of his earlier philosophical experiments that forced him to admit he couldn’t be sure the body he possessed was his, or merely an illusion, he began to realize that his soul must have only casual interactions with the rest of his body. To further this claim, Assassin stated that the pineal gland was the “seat of the soul”, or where the soul most often “met” the rest of the body to provide it instructions.
    Thus, because of the odd existence of Servants, Assassin’s spiritual core is concentrated entirely in the pineal gland, with the rest of his body technically being no more than a meat puppet.
    Assassin is thus immune to pain throughout his entire body other than the small point of his brain where the pineal gland is located. Because his mind’s connection to his body is more along the lines of a person driving a car, so too can Assassin “drive” his body at exceptional speeds: the exact speed of his thought process.

Revelation: (C)
    Revelation is a Skill to "hear the voice of heavens" and take optimum action; a Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles. However, 'Revelation' accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Because there is no basis to it, it cannot be explained to others clearly. It is a Skill held by the soul of the user.
    One night in November, while stationed in Neuburg an der Donau, Assassin shut himself in a room with an oven to escape the cold. While within, he had three visions and believed that a divine spirit revealed to him a new philosophy. Upon exiting, he had formulated analytical geometry and the idea of applying the mathematical method to philosophy. He concluded from these visions that the pursuit of science would prove to be, for him, the pursuit of true wisdom and a central part of his life's work.

Cartesian Boundary

A skill very similar to Sphere Boundary. Snell's law is a formula used to describe the relationship between the angles of incidence and refraction, when referring to light or other waves passing through a boundary between two different isotropic media, such as water, glass, or air.

In optics, the law is used in ray tracing to compute the angles of incidence or refraction, and in experimental optics to find the refractive index of a material. The law is also satisfied in metamaterials, which allow light to be bent "backward" at a negative angle of refraction with a negative refractive index.

Assassin’s invention of the law and subsequent summoning in a body composed of metamaterial by definition, allows him to freely manipulate the effects of light on his person, bending it away from himself so as to be nearly invisible.
    As with the technique of Presence Concealment, elimination of presence drops in efficiency in the circumstance that the user initiates an attack or poises for an offensive - even though invisibility is still effectively maintained. For this reason, opponents unfamiliar with the technique are still capable of 'just barely evading' a seemingly invisible attack, provided he or she has the sufficient skill, talent, or experience. However, in the absence of any preparation for offensive action, a practitioner of the Cartesian Boundary remains wholly indiscernible even on physical contact

Noble Phantasm
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    I Think, Therefore I Am

(Anti-Unit (Self), C)
    “Accordingly, seeing that our senses sometimes deceive us, I was willing to suppose that there existed nothing really such as they presented to us; And because some men err in reasoning, and fall into Paralogisms, even on the simplest matters of Geometry, I, convinced that I was as open to error as any other, rejected as false all the reasonings I had hitherto taken for Demonstrations; And finally, when I considered that the very same thoughts (presentations) which we experience when awake may also be experienced when we are asleep, while there is at that time not one of them true, I supposed that all the objects (presentations) that had ever entered into my mind when awake, had in them no more truth than the illusions of my dreams. But immediately upon this I observed that, whilst I thus wished to think that all was false, it was absolutely necessary that I, who thus thought, should be something; And as I observed that this truth, I think, therefore I am, was so certain and of such evidence that no ground of doubt, however extravagant, could be alleged by the Sceptics capable of shaking it, I concluded that I might, without scruple, accept it as the first principle of the philosophy of which I was in search”

The fundamental principle for the foundation of Assassin’s philosophy which takes the form of an ultimate, conceptual defense.
    A deceptively simplistic Noble Phantasm that relies on his ironclad mind as well as his odd physiology as a Servant. That so long as his pineal gland remains intact, killing Assassin is impossible. As the source of his mind, Cogito Ergo Sum becomes an imprint on the World itself, making the existence of his mind (and by that logic, the body) as he imagines it a universal truth so long as the mind is not destroyed.
    Although his resistance to mental influence is extraordinary, any who succeed may find Assassin’s body will not reform as it once was; as his ability to justify his own appearance has been hampered. Does not include the ability to restructure himself, only the inability for his life to be removed by orthodox purposes.

Lore

René Descartes was a French philosopher, mathematician, and scientist. Dubbed the father of modern western philosophy, much of subsequent Western philosophy is a response to his writings, which are studied closely to this day. He spent about 20 years of his life in the Dutch Republic.

Descartes's Meditations on First Philosophy continues to be a standard text at most university philosophy departments. Descartes's influence in mathematics is equally apparent; the Cartesian coordinate system—allowing reference to a point in space as a set of numbers, and allowing algebraic equations to be expressed as geometric shapes in a two- or three-dimensional coordinate system (and conversely, shapes to be described as equations)—was named after him. He is credited as the father of analytical geometry, the bridge between algebra and geometry, used in the discovery of infinitesimal calculus and analysis. Descartes was also one of the key figures in the scientific revolution.

Descartes refused to accept the authority of previous philosophers. He frequently set his views apart from those of his predecessors. In the opening section of the Passions of the Soul, a treatise on the early modern version of what are now commonly called emotions, Descartes goes so far as to assert that he will write on this topic "as if no one had written on these matters before". His best known philosophical statement is "Cogito ergo sum", found in part IV of Discourse on the Method (1637; written in French but with inclusion of "Cogito ergo sum") and §7 of part I of Principles of Philosophy.

Many elements of his philosophy have precedents in late Aristotelianism, the revived Stoicism of the 16th century, or in earlier philosophers like Augustine. In his natural philosophy, he differed from the schools on two major points: First, he rejected the splitting of corporeal substance into matter and form; second, he rejected any appeal to final ends—divine or natural—in explaining natural phenomena. In his theology, he insists on the absolute freedom of God's act of creation.

Descartes laid the foundation for 17th-century continental rationalism, later advocated by Baruch Spinoza and Gottfried Leibniz, and opposed by the empiricist school of thought consisting of Hobbes, Locke, Berkeley, and Hume. Leibniz, Spinoza and Descartes were all well-versed in mathematics as well as philosophy, and Descartes and Leibniz contributed greatly to science as well.

-------------
    Barebones compared to most of my others, but I think it's interesting enough to warrant posting now.
    Might add more later, might not. Getting bored with Servant creation.
    Last edited by Ail Don; February 27th, 2017 at 11:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Getting bored with Servant creation.
    Join the club.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ail: You may be getting bored of making these, but I (we) certainly haven't gotten bored of reading them!

Seriously though, Descartes as an Assassin certainly isn't anything I was expecting to ever see in this thread (if I'm not hallucinating words on a computer screen right now, that is). Fun seeing how you twisted the various elements of his philosophy into a fantasy format, such as dualism equaling a lich body or especially the Cartesian Boundary Skill (nice callback to Shuwen, BTW). Cogito Ergo Sum NP is an interesting take on his philosophy, and manages to be a pretty simple ability for such an esoteric concept.

Funny seeing this here since I'd half-considered writing up a Descartes sheet several times in the past, but never got past the preliminary stages. Of course, I imagined her (yes, her) as a frail lolita (since the real Descartes was known for being fairly weak and sickly as a child) carrying around an over-stuffed, sentient demonic plush-toy to represent the "deceiving demon" from her most famous thought experiment. So it goes without saying that we had some rather different takes on the character in question, to say the least.

If you're thinking of giving him another NP, you could also have an ability to summon and control magical "vectors" ala Medusa from Soul Eater, representing his invention of Vector mathematics. Just an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you didn't elaborate in the sheet itself, I'm a little curious as to his personality.

Especially how he'd act in a Grail War and what-not. Would he get into hilarious philosophical arguments with other Servants, trolling them by trying to get them to doubt the external world? Cue a very pissed off Mordred trying out her own version of Samuel Johnson's refutation of Berkeley- "I refute it thus!" *punch*

Since you commented about the sheet feeling "barebones", I'd say that's really the only aspect I can see in need of fleshing out.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Hey, would something like a Superman or Captain America sheet with them being the [concept of America] be okay? I mean, Superman in particular is almost old enough to qualify as a historical Servant. And making them basically wraiths would explain the fact they're on the young side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Hey, would something like a Superman or Captain America sheet with them being the [concept of America] be okay? I mean, Superman in particular is almost old enough to qualify as a historical Servant. And making them basically wraiths would explain the fact they're on the young side.
    Pretty sure that'd still go in the other thread, since the characters themselves are from modern fiction regardless of any attempts to reconcile them with Nasuverse lore.

Making a conceptual embodiment of America that happens to share some traits with Cap or Supes might be okay, though. Depends on how you did it...

- - - Updated - - -

If you're really going for the concept of embodying America though, I think an Uncle Sam Servant would be altogether more fitting... You could have him be an average shmuck recorded to the Throne Of Heroes due to becoming synonymous with an entire country, despite having no true legend himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the female persona for the same concept would be Columbia... Hmm, now I'm getting some ideas of my own here...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Sure, but this ain't the thread for it. No, he really isn't. And what?

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Sure, but this ain't the thread for it. No, he really isn't. And what?
    Shiki is literally from modern times, and he got in as a servant.... meh, they're probably better off in Modern fiction.

I believe that for fictional Servants, the rule of Public Domain should be used.

Characters published before 1927 are ok, after that is modern fiction.

It looks good to me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Pretty sure that'd still go in the other thread, since the characters themselves are from modern fiction regardless of any attempts to reconcile them with Nasuverse lore.

Making a conceptual embodiment of America that happens to share some traits with Cap or Supes might be okay, though. Depends on how you did it...

- - - Updated - - -

If you're really going for the concept of embodying America though, I think an Uncle Sam Servant would be altogether more fitting... You could have him be an average shmuck recorded to the Throne Of Heroes due to becoming synonymous with an entire country, despite having no true legend himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the female persona for the same concept would be Columbia... Hmm, now I'm getting some ideas of my own here...
    Uncle Sam definitely sounds like a Phantom
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Uncle Sam definitely sounds like a Phantom
    Either that or a Wraith. Not entirely sure what the difference is...

US Friend Code
    Most likely that wraiths can still be summoned as normal servants, just have to be summoned under a certain role or name like the Hassan's and the possibiltles for Jack. Phantoms on the other hand has not enough substance to be summoned at all, requiring to be fused with a Heroic Spirit. Thats what i think the reasons are anyway, could be wrong.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Join the club.
    I'm starting to feel a little burnt out as well.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It comes and goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random question, but out of all the Servants you guys posted, which Servant Class did you use the most?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Random question, but out of all the Servants you guys posted, which Servant Class did you use the most?
    Since I went over and numbered all of mine, it should be pretty obvious. For some reason, I seem to have done Casters the most, with Riders in close second (24 to 27). Assassin, by contrast, is by far my least favored Class, tallying only 10 Servants in total.

Interesting how these things work out, huh?

Blog Entries
    Either Rider or Caster, can't be bothered to check.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Well doing a rough scan over all the recorded servants from this thread shows Caster is the most popular class.

And the least popular class is... Fucker... Yea, we're gonna ignore that.

Of the Main 7, the least popular is Assassin apparently.

So I guess Casters are just really popular.

US Friend Code
    Thats probably because there pretty much the default class for people never had any martial exploits if it was my guess.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Fucker...
    Medb's interlude bascly canonizes the old fan jokes about the Rider class.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Well doing a rough scan over all the recorded servants from this thread shows Caster is the most popular class.

And the least popular class is... Fucker... Yea, we're gonna ignore that.

Of the Main 7, the least popular is Assassin apparently.

So I guess Casters are just really popular.
    So my preferences reflect the trends of this thread more generally, huh? Interesting. I wonder, is Rider the second favorite Class around here as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Medb's interlude bascly canonizes the old fan jokes about the Rider class.
    Hasn't that been just about canon ever since Meltlilith had the Riding Skill for reasons better left unmentioned?