Page 252 of 858 FirstFirst ... 152202242247250251252253254257262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    1. She's a poisoner.
    2. Dying from poison isn't dying in battle.
    3. He has stupid Battle Continuation.
    Nah, that ain't what I'm referring to.

These Servant reactions are bad. Semiramis in particular.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I've no issue with the NP's themselves, I just disagree with the ranks.
    EX-ranked is the closest I can get, because the first EX is basically Ionian Hetairoi that's uncontrollable and way more Vikingy, while the second is: "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW!" And also has the effect of plowing through Avalon and similar absolute stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post

Do tell me how to improve them, and how they are bad, please.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post

They didn't seem all that bad to me. Very simple and kind of one-note for sure, but that's more due to the character's personality then anything.

Also, if you have a critique you should really word it more specifically then just "what in the fuck", which says a fat load of nothing about what needs to be improved. No offense.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Greetings, Master, we are-“

“Ahahahahah! So the practitioner of magecraft in front of us is our Master, huh? Well then: As the Holy Grail decreed, I, P-“

“Oh hello Master, please ignore the walking stage play, for I am-”

“Gah! Aramis, why must you ruin it? I was merely introducing ourselves to our Master-”

“…And blurting our identities for our potential enemies to hear? Why, one of them probably has-“

(Ahem!)

“…Sorry.”

“Sorry. Heheh.”

“…Forgive me for their antics, allow me to repeat myself: we three are the Servant Saber, and we will serve you until our services are unneeded.”

---

Faceclaim: (the trio from left to right: Aramis, Porthos, Athos)

Servant Class: Saber(s?)

True Name(s): Count de la Fere(Athos), Rene d’Herblay(Aramis) and Baron du Vallon(Porthos),
    The Three Musketeers

Place of Origin: France (Literature)

Alignment: Neutral Good (Athos), Chaotic Good (Aramis and Porthos)

Attribute: Earth

Alternate Classes: Archer, Rider

Armaments: Rapiers, Wide-bladed rapier(Porthos only), Wheelock Pistol (except Athos) Musket rifle (Aramis only)

Catalyst: Flag of the 1st Company of the Musketeer of the Guard

Athos: Peace and Quiet, D’Artagnan, Wine

Aramis: Outsmarting people, Friendship, Ladies

Porthos: Quick-Rich schemes, Showing off, Partying

Dislikes:

Athos: Dealing with ladies, Recklessness

Aramis: Incompetence, Sloppy appearances

Porthos: Being ignored, Wasting money

Talents:

Athos: Forming last-second plans

Aramis: Manipulation

Porthos: Financial management

Natural Enemy: Milady de Winter, George Villiers, Alexandre Dumas

Parameters (Collective) (Individual parameters in parentheses):

Strength - B (C)
    Endurance - E (C) (B for Porthos)
    Agility - A (B)
    Mana - E (E)
    Luck - C (C)
    N.
    Phantasm - C (n/a)

Background

Athos, Aramis and Porthos were the other literary creations of Alexandre Dumas alongside with Edmund Dantes, the Count of Monte Cristo. Aside from D’ Artagnan, the original trio was the definition of friendship and cooperation. Despite each of them having dramatically different personalities and backgrounds, the trio gets along with one another like family… most of the time.

Athos was raised a perfect nobleman, but fell from grace upon failing to apprehend his criminal wife, Milady de Winter. Aramis was of a family of faith, but hopes of becoming a clergyman was dashed when he was caught dueling for a lady’s hand. Porthos, however, was merely on common birth, but vowed to climb the ladder of power. And their decision to join the Musketeers was one that changed their lives.

Upon meeting one another, their clashing personalities and views would’ve made any attempts of bonding impossible; however, with a combination of camaraderie, heart-to-hearts and several bottles of wine, the trio managed to become friends. Eventually, their clash/encounter with D’Artagnan solidified the bond between this tightly knit group of four musketeers. Together, they got themselves into courtly matters and managed to bring Milady to justice, while keeping Queen Anne’s affair with Villiers a secret.

However, the camaraderie was not to last. Not long after, the group split up, the original three retired and to spend their lives in peace; leaving D’ Artagnan behind. Unfortunately for them, it didn’t last; courtesy to Aramis, the trio was pulled out of retirement to face one final conflict: to replace the king with his twin. Despite committing high treason, Aramis was determined to remove the corrupt King Louis if it meant to make France a better place.

But in the end, D’ Artagnan chose to be loyal to the Crown, and one by one the three went down. Athos was first, dying of sorrow after finding out about his son Raoul’s death. Porthos came next, sacrificing himself in Locmaria to ensure Aramis’ escape. Finally, Aramis was exiled, and was never heard from again.

Personal Traits

When initially summoned as a Servant, one tends to have an impression of three responsible soldiers, ready to serve their Master and step in for the sake of others. Truly, they must be the epitome of chivalry and honor!

The image is immediately shattered by their antics.

Afterwards, the trio proves to be a back-and-forth scale between charmingly good to charming bastards with Porthos and Aramis being its worst offenders. The former is a hammy show-off who has a tendency to fleece anyone of his or her money. Meanwhile, he latter fancies himself a dandy with a habit of going after beautiful women with mixed results. While it’s plausible that Athos is the only responsible one here, he’s a heavy drinker and tends to be way too pessimistic when he drinks. Because of this, they tend to wander out to bars or clubs to “have fun,” even if it’s against the Master’s orders.

In spite of their vices, the musketeers are ultimately good people. Porthos may have simple view on life (wealth is important), but it’s that simple view that motivates him to enjoy whatever life brings to him. To Porthos, life is to be enjoyed to the fullest with friends by his side. While Aramis is rare to admit it, but tends to leave nothing hidden to his friends. And while he can’t help going after ladies, he’ll leave them alone once he finds out that they’re either not interested/already with someone. As dour as Athos can be, he’s essentially the father figure to others. Because of this, Aramis, Porthos and especially D’Artgnan always go towards him if they need a good advice/personal talks.

Their sense of honor is still intact, too; if the innocents/damsels are in need of help, then the trio will jump into the fray. Even if their Master forbids it, they’ll still persist unless a Command Seal is used.

If there was one thing that the three will not stoop to, it’s betraying a friend. Meaning if the Master managed to befriend all three of them, it’s ensured that they’ll by their side, all are ready to die for them. If the Master is a younger individual, it’ll remind them of a certain youth, and the making friends with them would be much easier.

As of now, the trio still hasn’t decided what to make a wish of, as it ranges from having to retire in peace to staying with D’Artagnan instead of retiring. They planned to settle this via a rock-paper-scissors match later, much to Atho’s bafflement.

Craft Essence/Reactions

Night Life

The trio ran down the street, with an angry gang on a hot pursuit.
    He chased the wrong woman yet again.
    After all the hassle finding him, along with knocking the lights out of several people, this is our reward. What was it about consequences again?

The things you do for your friends.

After a few twists and turns, they managed to hit a dead end.
    With no choice, they turned and the brawl began.
    Actually, it barely passed as a brawl, as it was simply people swinging towards whoever are the closest.

An eternity passed, and they managed to fight off the gang.
    The trio, however, was worse for wear; a split lip, several bruises littered the skin, …and probably a dislocated shoulder.
    Even though they’re beat up, the friends laughed; whether it’s their awe for their survival, or the absurdity of the situation, it’s unknown.

However, the moment of rest was shattered when the city guards arrived, and surrounded them. Apparently the rabble did not go unnoticed.

Hopefully the Captain was in a good mood today.

---

Reactions to other Servants (bold for Athos, underline for Aramis, none for Porthos):

Marie Antoinette: “Wait, you are of the royal line!? If that’s so, then I, the great Porthos, will lend my blade to you… along with my other two companions, too. Hahahah!”

“Wait just a- well, hello there, milady; just like the lug there said we will offer you our protection against all the evils in the land!”

“…There’s really not much of a choice anyway. And what is it with those three hiding behind the corner for?”

---

Mata Hari: “I do not know who you are, but you are not fooling me with- hey, Aramis! Snap out of it!”

---

Edmund Dantes: Initially all are happy to meet a fellow Servant made from the same author, and eventual meetings allows Athos to consider Edmund a somewhat kindred spirit, as both are individuals who fell from grace. Funny; it seems their creator has a habit of making such characters.

---

Saber!Gilles: “…Truly a faithful man who would follow his maiden to the depths of hell, he has the makings of a great priest. However, something’s troubling me; perhaps, it's coming from that book...”

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - D - Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the resistance effect that merely rejects magical energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Normally, the ranking of this Skill should be E, for the trio never encountered magic in their lives. But due to being summoned as one of the three Knight Classes, the high Magic Resistance of the class allows the trio to receive a minor resistance to magecraft.

Riding - B - The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon-type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Allows the user to handle most vehicles with above-average skill. As the Musketeers are elite light cavalry units, the trio all have experience in combat while on mounts.

Personal Skills:

Combination - B - A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person. However, when one of them is put out of commission, the other two will follow suit. Note that Combination only activates when the Servant team up together during combat, as a result, their own specific Skills are sealed until they split up once more.
    With experience in working together even before D’Artagnan’s arrival, the trio is able to understand one another’s actions with a single glance, and is able to coordinate their attacks with great skill.

Musketeers of the Guard - B - A composite Skill possessing effects of Military Tactics, Instinct and Marksmanship. As being part of the Musketeers is considered a high honor, the Company also expected to have trained the best of the French Calvary. However, because of their loyalties to the French monarchy, those who possess the skill will immediately defect to humans or Servants descending or related to the royal bloodline.
    With all three a part of the more experienced members of the Musketeers, the trio undoubted possesses this skill. However, since they’re not summoned as Archer, this skill is of a lowered rank than usual.

Dual Stance (Athos Only) - A+++ - The ability to utilize two weapons without fail. It doesn’t matter if the weapon is the same or not, as long as there is one weapon in each hand, the individual is considered to be in a dual stance.
    Due to talent and years of extra training, Athos is so much of an expert in swordplay that he’s serious only when he brandish both of his blades.

Fetching Friar(False) (Aramis Only) - B - A disposition where the user can charm members of the opposite sex, even though said user is a holy man with supposedly sacred vows. Perhaps the image of being a man of the Lord simply adds to the charm. However, resistance or outright evasion of this Skill is possible with Magic Resistance of B or higher.
    Despite claiming that he’s a religious man, Aramis was still able to hold multiple mistresses and one-night stands during his life. Even when he settled down to be a priest, he still had affairs with women. Because of his exceptional looks, there’s a high chance that Porthos will throw him to the ladies for money.

Golden Rule (Porthos Only) - C - A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth.
    Even with a habit of gaining money in shady ways, once Porthos is able to acquire enough money, his superior management skills allows him to gain even more money while making sure the supply won’t go down. With Porthos by your side, it’s highly unlikely you will ever go broke.

Noble Phantasm

Un Pour Tous, Tous Pour Un - Defend the Bastion of Rochelle - C - Anti-Squadron -

An odd Noble Phantasm of the Three Musketeers, as it seems to be intended for the Archer Class rather than a Saber. Created from the trio’s impressive counterattack against the hundreds of hostile Huguenots in the Bastion de La Rochelle. Despite being outnumbered, with extra muskets and cooperation the musketeers successfully defeated the ambushing force. Even to old age, the musketeers still look back to that day with nostalgia and reverence.

Physically, this NP takes the Skill Combination to the next level; instead of communication via a glance, the trio’s body act like one single organism. Additionally, their Parameters are fused into one, increasing their Strength and Agility. Their minds are also became one; along with enhanced coordination, they will metaphorically begin to think as one, allowing clear analysis and strategizing even in midst of a fierce battle.

During this collective phase, the musketeers will hold nothing back. Athos will permanently go into Dual Stance, Porthos will ditch his sword and use pure strength to deal swift strikes with his fists, and Aramis will be at a distance and take precise shots with his pistol and musket. With a variety of attacks coming from all directions, any Servant would find themselves being driven to a corner. After a period of attacking, the three would finish this team attack with a barrage of gunshots.

When in the collective mode, however, the trio is in a state akin to Mad Enhancement. For one, their assault counts as an all-out attack, foregoing all pretense of defense; as a result, several well-placed strikes will take the three out of commission. Additionally, once the NP is activated, they won’t stop until the enemies in their line of sight are all defeated. This NP can only be activated when trio are in one place, and must repeat their motto without disruption.
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 13th, 2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Changed Combination and Endurance

Triple servant!

Blog Entries
    I have to say, that Three Musketeers sheet is very well-done. I'd contemplated doing one for them myself in the past, but could never think of a fitting NP for them or how best to represent the differences in their fighting styles. Their personalities and how they'd bounce off each other makes for some pretty entertaining interactions, and I can only imagine the antics they'd get up to in a Grail War. If I had one critique I'd say that, because of how famous the Three Musketeers are as a group (much more so then Bonny & Read, say), I think they merit a higher rank in Combination. Wouldn't necessarily even have to change the actual description either, just raise the rank.

Personally, I'd also argue that their endurance rank with combination should be C, or at least not E. E-ranked physical parameters are for cripples or Casters.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I'd also argue that their endurance rank with combination should be C, or at least not E. E-ranked physical parameters are for cripples or Casters.
    Yes, heroes like Medusa, Atalanta, Billy the Kid, Kojirou, and Medb sure display their cripple-ness.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Combination should be higher considering its Three Heroic Spirits instead of two.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Yes, heroes like Medusa, Atalanta, Billy the Kid, Kojirou, and Medb sure display their cripple-ness.
    Medusa was under Shinji, Atalanta has no legend about Battle aside from one anecdote about shooting the Calydonian boar, Billy the Kid is modern, Kojiro is a wraith, and Medb has no fighting in her legend.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Atalanta was a famous hunter, a devotee of Artemis, one of the Argonauts, and was raised by bears.

- - - Updated - - -

Under other Masters, Medusa's Endurance reaches the dizzying and stellar heights of D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Also none of them are crippled???

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Medusa was under Shinji, Atalanta has no legend about Battle aside from one anecdote about shooting the Calydonian boar, Billy the Kid is modern, Kojiro is a wraith, and Medb has no fighting in her legend.
    1) None of this has anything to do with your statement of cripple or Caster
    2) Medusa was under Shinji, so what?
    3) Atalanta is sorta famous for a lot of things that are physical
    4) Modern doesn't mean "can't hack it physically"
    5) Wraith doesn't mean "can't hack it physically"
    6) Medb out-physicals non-Fergus AoG men

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I think Medb probably should've had at least a bit higher physical stats since she was a warrior ​queen and all...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's more to being a warrior than being able to hit things good.

Anyways in the legends she's more of a commander than a brawling fighter.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's just a matter of what archetype/schtick the character fits.

They're just super fragile dudes but compensate it through other means.

Kojiro in his particular battlefield is nearly unbeatable but if you tap him, he is dead; Atalanta doesn't need to worry about Endurance because she is faster than most servants; Billy is almost garanteed the First Strike everytime and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

Porthos should have a higher endurance though IMO.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Isn't Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Surely he should go in the other thread, right?

Even if you go the "he was real and the movies were just documentaries" version of events, this ought not to be the place for it, right?
    Last edited by 4score7years; March 13th, 2017 at 04:27 PM.

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    Nope, this thread still allows for this, as he does meet all the requirements for becoming a servant. I checked. And he's not modern fiction ether.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The movie came out in 1974.

He belongs in the modern fiction thread.

Blog Entries
    You "checked" with what?

I'm agreeing with 87.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair