Page 262 of 858 FirstFirst ... 162212252257260261262263264267272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,240 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    French people are monsters

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Since Mahoyo doesn't work by an RPG format like Fate, all you can really say is that he's superhumanly strong through training up in the mountains, not how exactly that strength should be classified.

I just think the Skill with "Monster" in the name should be kept limited to actual monstrously aligned beings, rather then those that just happen to be stupidly strong for whatever reason.
    怪力 doesn't have monster in it, your affirmation that Soujuurou has superhuman strength confirms it, thanks.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    怪力 doesn't have monster in it, your affirmation that Soujuurou has superhuman strength confirms it, thanks.
    So, you're saying that the Japanese title for Monstrous Strength doesn't in fact imply literal monstrosity? Though the description still calls it "an ability of monsters and beasts"...

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    something2 evaporation of sanity turns you into a monster
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    something2 evaporation of sanity turns you into a monster
    something something not knowing any better makes you like nature something something nature is beastly something something punch a bear

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    also for whats its worth the japanese said "considered" (CMIIW) to only be owned by monsters, so maybe exception isnt that out of mind

EX rank tho uhh
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    (Currently a WIP, but this is the NP for the Servant I'm currently making, thoughts about it so far?)

Ňran-Nŕdair - I Sing to thee, Earth, to Turn the Tide - B+ - Anti-Country/Thaumaturgy -

A Noble Phantasm formed from Caster’s “Biggest Hit,” a poem that changed the course of the Milesians’ lives when they invaded Ireland.
    "THIS IS GOING TO TOP THE RATINGS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    something something not knowing any better makes you like nature something something nature is beastly something something punch a bear
    Something something Lion Head something something

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    French people are monsters
    Astolfo's English
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I wish I could incorporate Catatumbo Lightning into an NP without making a Bolivar sheet that I really don't want to make.

Wyrd oft neređ unfǽgne eorl, ţonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Astolfo's English
    So that's why everyone hates us. :P

But yeah, I always assumed that Monstrous Strength just meant strength "like a monster". Guess I was wrong.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I wish I could incorporate Catatumbo Lightning into an NP without making a Bolivar sheet that I really don't want to make.
    Alternatively, just send the NP to me and I'll do the rest

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So that's why everyone hates us. :P

But yeah, I always assumed that Monstrous Strength just meant strength "like a monster". Guess I was wrong.
    The actual literal translation would be "mysterious strength" or "wondrous strength" and a dictionary is likely to say "superhuman strength" or such but said mystery or wonder is supernatural since its used in like "kaijuu" or "mononoke." Since the original description talked about monsters, monstrous fit.

But I would legit not be surprised if the reason Astolfo has it was that Higashide (or I guess Meteo or Konoe) read stuff from Mahoyo and was like "ah, I see, people with a backwards mind can literally not understand that they aren't supposed to hit things that hard and then hit that hard, def fits Astolfo."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice, perhaps I'll finish my version someday.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Hmm, so this battlefield is to be my new workshop for the moment… Now, Master, would you please get out of here? I need a quiet place for me to focus.”

Faceclaim:

Servant Class: Caster

True Name: Amergin Glúingel, Chief Ollam of Ireland

Place of Origin: Ireland (Mythological Cycle)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Attribute: Earth

Alternate Classes: Ruler

Armaments: A lute with two fingerboards

Catalyst: Sheets of his poems/songs

Likes: Music that “ignites the spirit,” Grand battles, Privacy

Dislikes: Breaking battle etiquette, Being called a “Spoony Bard,” Country music

Talents: Impartial judgment, Brainstorming ideas for songs/poems

Natural Enemy: The 3 Kings of the Tuatha Dé Danann, Érimón, Noise

Parameters:

Strength - E
    Endurance - C
    Agility - C
    Mana - A+
    Luck - D
    N.
    Phantasm - B+

Background

Amergin Glúingel was the Chief Ollam of Ireland, originated from the Mythological Cycle of Irish myth. A gifted Milesian bard/druid, he helped his six brothers in conquering Ireland by expelling the magic storm that surrounds the land’s borders. Before the battle, he promised the 3 incarnations of Ireland (Banba, Fodla and Ériu) that he would name the islands after them as a way to ensure the Milesians’ stay. After obtaining dominion over the country, Amergin acted as judge and divided the land between his surviving two siblings, leading Ireland to a new age.

Amergin and the rest of the Milesians were descendants of Fénius, one of the 72 rulers who contributed to the construction of the Tower of Babel. After God destroyed the Original Tongue, they've been looking for a place to settle. Throughout his years, Amergin was a talented individual in the art of song and storytelling; however, he was hardly a good fighter. As an attempt to counter this, Amergin began to study with the Milesian druids in hopes to learn to harness nature’s powers. Although his skills in the druidic arts were slightly above average at best, he managed to harness his knowledge with the field with his bardic vocation and created something akin to Orpheus’ sound-based magecraft.

After several years of practice, Amergin’s skills were finally put to the test when his great-uncle was killed by the 3 kings of Tuatha Dé Danann: Mac Cuill, Mac Cecht and Mac Grein. As an act of revenge, Amergin and his six brothers sailed to Inber Scéne to challenge the 3 kings. Upon agreement, the 3 kings are willing to give up their land only when the brothers best them in battle.

Serving as a judge, Amergin was tasked to oversee the battle and make sure both sides are on even grounds. When the 3 kings created an arcane storm to gain an unfair advantage, Amergin used his magic to command the spirits of Ireland to expel the storm. With the storm gone, the Milesians managed to reach land and killed the kings, but not without cost; out of the 7 brothers, only Eber Finn, Érimón and Amergin survived the conflict.

Afterwards, Amergin judged and split the land equally between his 2 brothers. Afterwards, Amergin was titled Chief Ollam, the highest honor for a bard for his time. However, the peace in their newfound home didn’t last; 2 years later, Amergin and Eber Finn were killed by Érimón from infighting.

Personal Traits

To say that Amergin is a difficult man is a massive understatement. Abrasive and sometimes sharp-tongued when his privacy is compromised, the bard can be somewhat difficult for a impatient individuals to deal with. One might even reconsider summoning him.

During battle, however, is a different story altogether.

In midst of combat, Amergin may still possess the same behavior, but the look of childish excitement in his eyes says otherwise. Amergin sees the battlefield as a great way for inspiration, thus he will even risk himself to even goad others into attacking just to add more to his materials. While this may seem reckless, this does benefit Amergin in the long run; when he comes back with references for his ideas, he can create an plethora of enchanted sheets of lyrics that he can recite to fight against his opponents.

For most of Amergin’s life, storytelling and music were what defined his achievements; so if you know a thing or two about the arts, his can be quick to befriend. As his friend, he will be open about his interest in music in general and will be willing to teach you a few things regarding storytelling. As implied by his stance on privacy, he tends to focus a lot when writing new materials. So never, ever open the door to his room when it says “Do Not Disturb” on the front.

While Amergin’s behavior may seem aggressive, it belies his neutral stance on life. Believing life to be a fair game, he thinks a bias towards one perspective will throw everything into disorder. For that, count on him to be impartial to everyone, be it friend or foe. For example, he holds honor in battle in high regard; should anyone break the rules - be it friend or foe - Amergin will regard them with contempt and will try to put them out of commission for “interrupting a grand exchange of attacks.” Amergin may be your friend, but he’s not someone who will abandon his ideals for a single person.

There's currently no wishes that Amergin wanted the Grail to fulfil, for writing down songs and proses about various legends locked in life-or-death combat is already satisfying.

Extras:
    (Despises Country music with a passion.
    “They’re only drawling on and on about country life, and their accents makes them unrecognizable between one singer with another!”)

(While he’s reluctant to admit it, listening to Jazz or Pop Music is his guilty pleasure.)

Craft Essence/Reactions

Secret Recital

“Am gaeth i m-muir,
    Am tond trethan,
    Am fuaim mara,
    Am dam secht ndirend,
    Am séig i n-aill,
    Am dér gréne,
    Am cain lubai,
    Am torc ar gail,
    Am he i l-lind…

Hm, no one’s at the halls... good.

It's not a game
    I'm not a robot AI challenging you
    I'm not a phantom
    I'm in your face and
    I'm here to see it through

Right before your eyes
    Watch us multiply
    Come to claim our rights - it's time

As our power grows
    Tryin' to stop us shows
    (You) Might as well go try'n stop time

So you know that we're out there
    Swatting lies in the making
    Can't move fast without breaking
    Can't hold on or life won't change

And our voices ring out, yeah
    Took the mask off to feel free
    Fought it out in the debris
    Now we know that life will change

Ain't it a shame
    I'm not a figment of your ailing old mind
    I'm just as real as
    I'm just as dangerous
    As you, so know you'll find

A taste of your own meds
    Fire in every breath
    Fire inside your head, your heart

And as your crippled brain
    Tries to fight in vain
    Your empire will fall apart

And you'll know we were out there
    Swatted lies in the making
    Your empire for the taking
    Can't hold on or life won't change

And our voices rang out, here
    Took the mask off to feel free
    Fought it out in the debris
    Now we know that life will change-

-Wait, what are you all doing in my room? Hey! Stop laughing! Come on, show’s over! Get out, and STAY OUT!”

---

Reactions to Other Servants:

Scáthach: “An actual legend before my eyes? Oh, I can feel the strength and skill emanating from you. If you don’t mind, I wish to tail you during our next meeting in the fields of battle; I can imagine the materials I can collect from this…!”

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: “While our field in music may differ, I’m impressed by your works; how you fit in so many instruments while managing to create a harmony is astonishing! Truly, I hope we can learn more from one another soon.”

Astolfo: “Didn’t you read the sign on the door- Wait, what are you doing with my sheets- Hey, get back here you air-headed crossdresser…!”

Ozymandias: “For the umpteenth time, no, I will not write a poem about you or your glorious empire to satiate your massive ego. Now stop following me!”

Skills

Class Skills:

Item Construction - C+ - A Caster-class Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.
    While this grants Amergin the ability to craft magical charms and artifacts, he can also write out music so exceptional that it’s almost akin to reciting verses of magecraft when read or played.

Territory Creation - (n/a) - A Caster-class Skill that allows construction of a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    Amergin doesn’t have the ability to create a special area for himself, for he claims that “The raging battlefield alone is my workshop!”

Personal Skills:

Tales of Great Feats - A - A variation of Harp of Healing. Instead of soothing the minds of others via a harp, this Skill lights the fighting spirit inside them, raising their morale while improving their battle prowess through song and poetry. Instead of healing, this Skill temporarily removes the feeling of pain until the battle is over.
    Amergin was set apart from other bards, for he prefers to draw inspirations of his songs by directly taking part of the battle. Because of this, he is able to perfectly express the excitement and ferocity of war through his works.

Protection of the Music God (False) - EX - A Skill that denotes the divine protection of the Goddess of Arts Muse that one attained by having great skill in music. Makes possible to distinguish all kinds of sounds and play a masterful music performance. Furthermore, plus modifiers are applied to the exercise of music magecraft.
    No deities of Art had ever blessed Amergin; instead, his musical aptitude was built through diligence and talent alone.

Cutting Words - B - A Skill possessed by those who retold stories of heroism and villainy throughout the ages. As bards are able to spread the good word of many, they can also demonize them and make them the most reviled figure alive. Because of this, their words can hold influence over their subject’s notoriety. With this Skill, users are able to lower any one of their target’s parameter by two ranks when giving them a witty remark/insult.
    At rank B, Amergin’s negative remarks doesn’t just lower their parameter, but it can also physically hurt them. However, those with Magic Resistance of B or higher can somewhat resist this Skill.

Druidism - C - Knowledge about the Celtic philosophy of living in harmony with nature. Rather than a school of magecraft, this goes more along the lines of a human attempt of imitating the way of the fairies. Also grants knowledge about the secrets of the natural world as a byproduct.
    While Amergin’s aptitude as a druid wasn’t much to write home about, he managed to make up for it by using this knowledge with his music magecraft, improving its capabilities as a result.

Noble Phantasm

Ňran-Nŕdair - I Sing to thee, Earth, to Turn the Tide - B+ - Anti-Country/Thaumaturgy -

Considered to be Ireland’s first written poem, this Noble Phantasm was formed from Amergin’s “Magnum Opus,” a poem that changed the course of the Milesians’ lives when they invaded Ireland.

During the battle for occupation of Ireland, the Milesian ships were being blocked off by a magical storm stretching around Ireland’s shores, while the three kings’ druids and archers bombarded them. To even the odds, Amergin poured all that he had into a single poem; in turn, he was able to summon the spiritual manifestation of the island, or “Spirit of Ireland,” and ushered it to disable and expel all magic on its shores. With this, the Milesians were able to advance and conquered the land for themselves.

To activate the NP, Amergin must sing through a song/poem dedicated to the land he’s currently on. And upon finishing the song, the collective will of the nature spirits, or the “Spirit” of the land will be conjured. With the spirits bound, Amergin can command it to supply himself with mana from the land, greatly strengthening his magical capabilities. Another is to temporarily nullify all absorption of mana and functioning magecraft in the country, disabling magi and forcing them to use the Od within their bodies to cast. Also, this greatly restricts any Skills or Noble Phantasms of Servants that require drawing from the prana of their Masters or the mana around them.

Unfortunately, because all use of magecraft is disabled, this also leaves Amergin’s magic useless - making him a sitting duck in the ways of combat. Additionally, if Amergin were to use the NP again, he must think of another song to call upon the spirit, for the same proses won’t work on the fickle spirits of the earth. Note that this NP is only used to even the odds, thus it can’t be used when Amergin isn’t at a disadvantage.

Also, if Amergin is in a country other than Ireland, then he has to create a new song in the country’s native language, which would slow down the activation sequence by a considerate amount. Thus, it’s recommended that Amergin should prepare the song before engaging his opponents.
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 21st, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Amergin: The idea of a "battle poet" sounds pretty cool, and nicely different from the other artistically inclined Casters we've seen in canon. Only thing I can say is that the image you gave doesn't show up properly.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fixed the image problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw thx for the reply!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Btw thx for the reply!
    You're welcome!

Blog Entries
    Servants... Servants... Besides Glyndwr Michael and Juan Pujol, how about James Barry?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm never going to do these sheets, just throwing them out there.

Blog Entries
    As long as we're tossing lists out here
    Trieu Thi Trinh, Monsopiad, Lapu-Lapu, Matilda of Canossa, any of the people who wielded Szczerbiec, or John Paul Jones
    Just for starters

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    Im improving Prince marko a bit and i dont know which traits to add to him.

I Know i cannot give him Divinity seeing as he isnt a saint in a traditional sense (He was depicted as saint in one of pictures but not officaly accepted as one by the church)
    And i know i cannot give him Beast because he was just as human as other characters in his folk stories.

He was also immortal but was killed by a curse.

So, this might be a bit of amateurish question but what should i do?