Page 534 of 858 FirstFirst ... 34434484524529532533534535536539544584634 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Before im working on my next servant ;i want to hear the ideas and oppinions of all here ,which ideas would you mina-san have for Schihab ad-Din Yahya Suhrawardi `?
    Does somebody has some suggestions for me ? PS: he will be a caster.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Does somebody has some suggestions for me ? PS: he will be a caster.
    Looking up the name you typed out, as you spelled it, took me to an autocerrected search that involved results including vague mentions of an angel. If that Angel is who you want to make a character sheet of him, here's my suggestion:
    1. Angels make terrible Servants, don't do it.
    2. That Angel is particular shouldn't even qualify as a Heroic Spirit (well, none of them do, but this one especially). If you MUST go with a Caster Angel, there's always Raphiel.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CritHit View Post
    Additionally, any skill or Noble Phantasm granted by, or invoking the name of a Roman or Greek (due to the Roman pantheon merely being a facet of the Greek one).
    So, little myth nerd rant here, but the "roman pantheon is the just the greek one with different names" isn't actually true, despite what is teached in school. The Roman pantheon takes a LOT from the estruscan one, and the greek parallels were drawn only after the romans started expanding trough Europe, while their worship dates from way back. Also, in linguistics, the roman names are valued more than the greek ones to reconstruct the names of proto indo-european deities, as the greeks had their religion mixed with a lot of other ones, the most influent being the mesopotamic (hittite) and anatolian ones.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking up the name you typed out, as you spelled it, took me to an autocerrected search that involved results including vague mentions of an angel. If that Angel is who you want to make a character sheet of him, here's my suggestion:
    1. Angels make terrible Servants, don't do it.
    2. That Angel is particular shouldn't even qualify as a Heroic Spirit (well, none of them do, but this one especially). If you MUST go with a Caster Angel, there's always Raphiel.
    Funny, I googled the exact same name and got an ancient Persian philosopher, who I assume Koga was referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCell View Post
    So, little myth nerd rant here, but the "roman pantheon is the just the greek one with different names" isn't actually true, despite what is teached in school. The Roman pantheon takes a LOT from the estruscan one, and the greek parallels were drawn only after the romans started expanding trough Europe, while their worship dates from way back. Also, in linguistics, the roman names are valued more than the greek ones to reconstruct the names of proto indo-european deities, as the greeks had their religion mixed with a lot of other ones, the most influent being the mesopotamic (hittite) and anatolian ones.
    Regardless of RL history, it's canon in the Nasuverse (through Caligula's NP description) that at least some of the Roman gods are counterparts to Greek ones. So I think it's fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCell View Post
    Counter myth nerd rant here. Your first point is entirely true, up until the point in time that you yourself brought up, when they started expanding through Europe. At an eventual point, it's impossible to deny that Roman mythology became Greek mythology with a new skin. As such, with typical Nasuverse wank, I believe them always simply being facets is acceptable.

EDIT:
    You know, Royd, that does make a lot more sense. The guy actually looks like he could make a pretty good Caster.
    Last edited by CritHit; April 28th, 2018 at 08:45 PM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Angels make horrible Servants? And I wanted to do a Gabriel sheet in the future...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Angels make horrible Servants? And I wanted to do a Gabriel sheet in the future...
    Regardless crithits Statement make a Gabriel Profile ! How did you find my Suggestion for his nobelphantasms actualy ?

- - - Updated - - -

and yes i meant the persian Philosoph alias Shaikh al-ʿIshraq i can tell already that he will be a very versatiel caster ,!but i want to hear at first if someone have suggestions for him !

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just because they're an important character doesn't mean they deserve 4 NPs, and I have yet to see a Servant that takes aspects from different cultures in which they appear. Besides, they fit better as a Ruler than as a Saver.

That's a very strong opinion of mine. Angels are divine beings, and I'm always iffy on Divine Spirits being summoned as Servants. Angels also have very little going for them in the likes of lore, as the most important ones ate still just barely mentioned 8 times in the entirety of the bible. And lastly, Angels basically fall into the same category Enkidu does, they're more like God's Noble Phantasm than existences of their own.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's okay, I understand your opinion, although I guess I can't really share it after having turned one of the most famous Japanese Divine Spirits into an Evil of Mankind and other into a loli ^^'.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's okay, I understand your opinion, although I guess I can't really share it after having turned one of the most famous Japanese Divine Spirits into an Evil of Mankind and other into a loli ^^'.
    We have seem worst in canon.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Divine Spirits, I always wanted to do a sheet about Ae-oyna-kamuy, a god in Ainu mythology who came down to Earth and taught the newly born humans how to live and was rejected when he tried to return to heaven for "reeking of humans", but I always got stuck trying to justify why he would be a Servant.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That sounds similar to Prometheus. You could make him lose completely his status as a God and make him be a kind of god-tier human, or something like that?
    Last edited by King of Padoru; April 29th, 2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: My explanations are shit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Speaking of Divine Spirits, I always wanted to do a sheet about Ae-oyna-kamuy, a god in Ainu mythology who came down to Earth and taught the newly born humans how to live and was rejected when he tried to return to heaven for "reeking of humans", but I always got stuck trying to justify why he would be a Servant.
    that have i asked often myself what is when a second/new age of gods would come would return the old deities or would the world select individuals (humans,animals or possible also plants or phantasmal creatures, and would thee be any differences betwwen a regresion in the old or a new age of gods ?

and could be summoned Divine-spirits in the new Gods age as Servants like "today" the Heroic-spirits ?
    What do you think ?

Blog Entries
    Counter myth nerd rant here. Your first point is entirely true, up until the point in time that you yourself brought up, when they started expanding through Europe. At an eventual point, it's impossible to deny that Roman mythology became Greek mythology with a new skin. As such, with typical Nasuverse wank, I believe them always simply being facets is acceptable.

EDIT:
    You know, Royd, that does make a lot more sense. The guy actually looks like he could make a pretty good Caster.
    Yes Royd was right i never meant a Angel ,i meant the Suhrawardi that was called Sheigh al ischrag Master of Enlightment) would you or someone else have ideas/suggestion i should consider ?

- - - Updated - - -

And which points i must give attention for the Morgan la fei and Saladin -Profiles when i make them later ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just avoid wanking everything, don't add things like fighting titans or gods from other cultures, and try to check the grammar. You're the one making the sheets, so other people don't have to tell you what they must have (besides those points).
    Last edited by King of Padoru; April 30th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

Saber
    "Well, this is a bit silly isn't it? Well, whatever, while I don't think I'm really cut out for this, let's do our best"

Info:
    Name: Arthur Pendragon (?)
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Britain
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 165lbs.
    Dislikes: Humourless People, Politics
    Armament: Sword, Armor

Stats:
    Str: D (C)
    End: D (C)
    Agi: C (B)
    Mana: D
    Luck: D
    N.Phant.: A+

Skills
    -Class:
    Magic Resistance (E)(C)
    Riding (E)(C)

-Personal:
    Satirist (A):
    The ability to imitate someone else, though to a comedic or extreme extent. At this level, Saber recreates the skills and parameters of the real King Arthur, though at lower ranks. The Personal Skills recreated through this ability are: Charisma (C), Mana Burst (B), and Instinct (B).

Slapstick (B):
    The ability to take extreme amounts of punishment without receiving any real damage. At this rank, there is a 50% chance that any would-be fatal or otherwise maiming wounds will instead leave an underwhelming, if not an over exaggeratedly, yet harmlessly, bloody, wound.

Noble Phantasms:
    Excalibur~The Poor Man's Holy Sword
    Type: Anti-Unit
    While it functions as a lower ranked version of the true Excalibur, it is different in nature and form. This sword is the same length as Excalibur, but its golden hilt and pommel are shaped like that of a French cross, and is gaudily emblazed with rubies and sapphires. This Excalibur is hardly as potent as the true "Last Phantasm" and is just a generic, if not high quality, holy sword. As a holy weapon, undead creatures, and those otherwise weak to Baptismal Rites, are especially effected by this swords light.

The Coconut~For Those Who Can't Afford Horses
    Type:Support:
    Two halves of a hollowed out coconut. By clapping the two halves of the shell together, Saber can create the effect of riding a phantom steed. This "steed" can move with the speed and grace of a Servant with A-ranked Agility. This "steed" cannot be harmed, unless one where to specifically destroy one of the coconut halves, at which point, Saber would be unable to use this NP until he got another coconut.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch~Holy Weapon of Ridiculousness
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Saber's ultimate weapon. The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch is a holy explosive, that along with the typical damage of an explosibe, emits holy light. To use this NP, Saber must invoke its True Name, then pull the pin, count to three, and then throw it. Upon hitting the ground and bouncing once, it will explode.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Among the Heroes and Villans of lore that can be summoned, Saber is the most, relatable. He has several modern sensibilities, even more so than those granted knowledge by the grail. He is interested in the current state of the world, though he is agitated by politics. He is found of rebellious youth, and states that they are the future. As such, he is very dissatisfied with the opinions and dealings of old men.

He's the first to admit that he is a rather poor Servant, and will potty any Master unfortunate enough to summon him. It could be said that he at least makes good company, however. He is a light hearted bloke, who never tries to take anything to seriously, and is generally a nice man. While he finds the situation he finds himself in odd, he also can't help but be flattered that fate had him summoned as King Arthur.

Bio:
    Spoiler:
    Graham Chapman was born on January 8, 1941, in Stoneygate, Leicester. Chapman lived an ultimately uneventful life, that was destined to change when he attended college in Cambridge in 1959. It was there that he met his soon to be best friend and co-worker, John Cleese.

Throughout their college career, Chapman and Cleese had a few moderately successful projects. This allowed them to easily get jobs writing for the BBC after their graduation. Though, as Chapman had dreams of becoming a doctor, he had a hard time fully dedicating himself to the idea of becoming an entertainer. However, through Cleese's insurance and aid, Chapman continued to get jobs writing for various tv shows and radio dramas.

It wasn't until 1969 that he decided to join Cheese and several others in forming the Monty Python comedy troupe. While he historically never provided as much to the actual writing as the other members of the staff, they all held him in their minds as a vital and irreplaceable member of the team. Monty Python eventually became a huge success, and started to produce feature length films. As the best actor of the troupe, Chapman was often given the lead roles in these films. This is how he became famous for his role as King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

However, as is often the case with geniuses, his life was cut drastically short. After several years of battling cancer, Chapman passed away in 1989.

Blog Entries
    Ahm..Well am i right that it is supposed to be a imposter Arthur ?
    and you didnt have answered my questions about Trickster ...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not exactly an impostor Arthur, but the creator of Monty Python and the Holy Grail turned into the movie's version of the king, from what the background says. I must say this is a really cool idea and should be done more often.

Speaking of Monty Python, when Saver Brian? (although he'd be in the Modern Fiction unless he receives the same treatment as this Arthur)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That "King Arthur" is hilarious. Kudos, Crithit, kudos!