Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    It's like a Saint Seiya ante litteram!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    Hindu OP
    I read that last name as "Paki-shit", and had to do a double-take, because I thought "yo man, this Wikipedia stuff is racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post

Servant: Archer (Assassin)
    True Name: Paris Alexandra of Troy
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:
    A spirited and stylish young woman who appears to be in her early 20s but behaves much more like a spoiled teenager, Archer's chestnut hair is wavy and falls to her shoulders, with elegant but combat-impractical ringlets hugging either side of a youthful and attractive face. She wears a short white skirt trimmed with red and a bronze breastplate over a sleeveless white tunic, along with a short white and red cape and knee-high laced leather sandal boots. Her bow hangs at her side, a small and ornamental device not much larger than a crossbow.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Kallisti — All Gifts Belong to the Fairest
    Type: Support
    Representing the Judgment of Paris when the Trojan princess was called upon to decide which Greek goddess was the most beautiful of all, Kallisti reflects the favors that each Goddess offered her in return for arbitrating in their favor. Taking the form of a golden apple that splits into three segments, Archer may offer one segment of the apple along with a prayer to invoke the blessing of one of the three goddesses in the form of a Personal Skill:

Aphrodite: Mystic Face, Rank A+
    Athena: Clairvoyance, Rank A+
    Hera: Charisma, Rank A+

Although she is able to call on the blessing of any of the three goddesses at will, due to the jealous and spiteful nature of the goddess' dispute, when Archer chooses another boon then the previous one cannot be chosen again for a period of roughly 24 hours. Due to her weakness for beautiful things, Archer greatly prefers the gift of Aphrodite, and is extremely petulant when forced to call on Athena or especially Hera.
    Is it awful I can only imagine that Paris would, at some point, piss off all three of her potential beneficiaries by declaring "Sorry, I'm the fairest one of all~" and traipsing off with Helen to a ridiculously cute ending?

Ahem, in all seriousness the design is really nice. Laomedon is also a really painfully sneaky Noble Phantasm and adds some nice narrative drama when the ditzy barely-qualifies-as-a-hero let alone a Servant suddenly goes from nuisance to serious I'm-going-to-die-soon threat. It might not be a bad idea to let it go ahead and get a targeting bonus under certain conditions, though, just because Paris's shot wasn't that useless.

On the topic of Brynhilde, I think I'll weigh in by saying that Mystic Eyes of Early Volume Naruto Sharingan for Magecraft Only are just kind of silly on her given even with her ties to Odin, the Mystic Eyes themselves should really belong to Odin and she lost favor with him anyway. Her Mist NP is also kind of really useless given the fact that she can instantly set up a one-on-one death sphere with no prana consumption deathmatch Bounded Field that makes her god tier and gives her much stronger spells too. Honestly she's kind of a weirdass Lancer, the profile reads more like a Caster who blundered into one of the knight classes because she happened to be capable of carrying weapons more than it does someone who actually qualified as Lancer. Plus... Brynhilde is a divine being, yes, but her biggest accomplishment in the myths surrounding her isn't anywhere near Medea's level of performed sorcery, and she's mostly famous for being Sleeping Beauty in Valkyrie armor. Yeah this is just a tad tougher than the source material has ever led me to believe?
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that profile was wanked to the extreme. Techically, even more wanked even than my own Ramesses or Sigurd, which is impressive. I'd probably only do something on that level for someone like Hannibal.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Alright I made a Servant based off of a Canon Servant let me know what you think:

True Name: Neil Armstrong
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Stats:

Strength: D+
    Agility: D+
    Endurance: C+
    Magic: C+
    Luck: A+
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Skills:

Riding (B+): Neil is able to fully utilize any form of modern vehicle with ease though he has trouble with real life animals due to them not being associated with his legend.

Eye of the Mind True ( C) : By using the skills taught to him by NASA and through his own knowledge he has gained the ability to see most any plan needed to come out in a victory. As long as there is a 10% chance Neil will find that chance and use it to win.

Outside Resistance (B): Without his trusty spacesuit Neil would have never been able to survive out in the harsh conditions of space. As long as he is wearing it, Neil gains an innate resistance to any mental, or magical effect such as poisoned air or mystic eyes of lower or equal rank.

Noble Phantasms:

Saturn V (B+): The trusty rocket that led Neil through his perilous journey in space. He is able to fully utilize any part of the rocket he wishes and can use parts separately from each other. He is also able to leave the rocket in the hands of Houston which allows it to be controlled via remotely granting an even wider range of uses. If fully utilized will act as a roaring missile capable of dealing massive damage on all who get in its way.

One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind (EX): An ability Neil has earned for accomplishing a feat thought to be impossible for thousands of years. With this ability no feat is impossible for him to accomplish so long as humankind still wishes for that feat to be accomplished.

Man on the Moon (A): Being the very first man to ever step foot on the moon, Neil sees it as a second home and base of operations. As long as the full moon is out or he is on the moon all of Neil's stats receive a rank up bonus for his achievement.
    Last edited by Milbunk; February 9th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well that's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Why the hate Leopard?

Blog Entries
    Because even though it got a throwaway reference in EXTRA, the idea of Neil as a Servant is.... terribly stupid. Stats are way too high without rank boost, don't need to say my opinion with. NASA is all capitols, as it is an abbreviation and is styled as such. Et cetera.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Ah well I figured it would be a fun idea to throw around for a bit and to see what you guys think of it. He has a very high home base and fame boost due to being well known and summoned on the moon. Also I can fix the NASA part in a sec.

Blog Entries
    I always assumed that dialogue in Extra was referring to Johnnie Armstrong, Scottish folkhero. ^^; I wish the Masters in Extra had gossiped more about who they summoned, honestly, it'd probably have been a treasure trove of neat Servant ideas. But I think the only ones who get referenced directly are this "Armstrong," Atalanta, and what the girl on the first floor strongly suggests is Westley from the Princess Bride.

Also, mm, I guess I did make Paris' accuracy a bit overly low, but it was primarily a way to check the Noble Phantasm's effectiveness. A good Servant with that ability wouldn't be too fair, but a terrible and bratty one is pretty amusing I thought. Thank you for not throwing fruit at the silly genderswap idea though!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well that's stupid.
    That was a little harsh for a for fun fan thread, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I always assumed that dialogue in Extra was referring to Johnnie Armstrong, Scottish folkhero.
    535 results on Google makes me think he might not be the most well-known historical figure in Japan...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    535 results on Google makes me think he might not be the most well-known historical figure in Japan...
    That's true, he's just the only Armstrong I could find when I looked it up who made any sense. ^^; Though I get 47,000 results and a first-hit Wikipedia entry on him, so I am curious about the difference in results.

It just didn't seem likely for Neil to get pulled as a Heroic Spirit, though then again, if any one ever deserved Pioneer of the Stars...

Blog Entries
    Though I get 47,000 results and a first-hit Wikipedia entry on him, so I am curious about the difference in results..
    Because I was searching Japanese google with Japanese keywords, since I wanted to know what Japanese people thought of him. He doesn't even have a wiki page on their Wikipedia, just a one-off mention about how American civil engineer John Armstrong is his direct descendent.

Blog Entries
    Because I was searching Japanese google with Japanese keywords, since I wanted to know what Japanese people thought of him. He doesn't even have a wiki page on their Wikipedia, just a one-off mention about how American civil engineer John Armstrong is his direct descendent.
    Ahh, sorry, I was confused. ^^; It's a weird situation because no one I can think of by the name fits the standards of what's likely to be a Heroic Spirit. They're either much too obscure or much too young. I guess Neil is the most likely candidate even if it makes the least sense.

Well, he is indeed mentioned in Tsuki no Sango. So it seems at least Nasu is well informed about him.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how you got "16th century Scottish raider and folk-hero Johnnie Armstrong" out of "Hello, Captain Armstrong", Dartz, but I'm now convinced you must be some kind of wizard.

Blog Entries
    So what did you guys think of the Servant itself?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was pretty cool. Servant Armstrong is awesome because you can wank him to be specifically stronger than Arcueid and ORT and shit.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I'm not sure how you got "16th century Scottish raider and folk-hero Johnnie Armstrong" out of "Hello, Captain Armstrong", Dartz, but I'm now convinced you must be some kind of wizard.
    Sorry about that, forgot to check the quote you were responding to.