Page 134 of 782 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Do a Lancer next, Five!

Lancers need more lovin'.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But the crazy steampunk robot building girl needs more love for now! We'll see who votes for the next Servant~
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Personal Skills:

Mathematics – A

• An understanding and ability to learn within the field of mathematics. It's unknown what purpose this skill might have, but Caster seems to make a lot of it.

This purpose.

Oh and Lancer next too.

Blog Entries
    Has Miyamoto Musashi been profiled yet? If not, then I'm on that.

And I would like to see Lancer next as well.
    Last edited by Liquid Alter; August 4th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
    [rubytest=永遠の旅人]Infinite Wanderer[/rubytest]

Blog Entries
    Riders are best saved for last, because it's a scientific fact that they tend to be the coolest Servant in every war. That makes it a tough act to follow.

I'll throw in for Berserker, because I'm most curious who in the era would get picked. Charlotte is pretty interesting though; she has a cute story and skill set, though I wonder how it plays out in combat since on paper it's a rather indirect set of abilities (sort of like Shakespeare whose entire offense was simply social engineering and manufactured backstabbing) but the steampunk inventor concept makes it sound like she could use make offensive inventions too.

Was not expecting that HC servant to have been Scylla, but it does explain the demon looks and the bone spear I wasn't able to ID. I like the explanation for Charybdis having a separate identity too. ^^; There were so many neat seeming designs in that, I was sad as a reader it didn't work out.

Blog Entries
    My idea of Charlotte's abilities is that she would make clockwork robots to fight. It sort of helps her get around the age-old problem of Magic Resistance, but there's at least one Servant in this grouping who beats her easily because of that little bonus!

Berserker's pretty fancy, since he's one of the few Servants in this who would also qualify as another class. Most of these people are just stuck as one, 'cause they suck. He has the bonus of being better as a Berserker than any other class, though. Probably has to do with his normally low stats, I guess, as expected of most modern-era stuff.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Berserker's pretty fancy, since he's one of the few Servants in this who would also qualify as another class. Most of these people are just stuck as one, 'cause they suck. He has the bonus of being better as a Berserker than any other class, though. Probably has to do with his normally low stats, I guess, as expected of most modern-era stuff.
    Glad I voted for Berserker then!

Oh, and Charles "Charlotte" Babbage actually seems pretty neat! I like how you actually had a good explanation for the genderswap (her actually being Ada who took Charles' place after he died). I kind of want to see a Caster using clockwork golems and steampunk robots now!

Oh, and IRUN? Scylla was pretty cool too! I just wish we had a picture to go with it, but I think you did a great job with her. Makes me sad that project didn't take off as well.

Blog Entries
    *just looked back to see Five's latest addition*
    Ooo, steampunk, young lady genius Caster in orange. Nice.
    Also interesting spin to choose for "Charlotte". *looks at Five's avvie XP *
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Faceclaims are for unimaginative pussies.

However, if one finds themself to be an unimaginative pussy, then just click here. Notice my uber-rad photoshop skills that I applied to the original image I aped.

For Heaven's Cage, it was between either her or Sinbad the Sailor as a Rider. In the end, I'm happy I chose her.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Faceclaims are for unimaginative pussies.
    MAH NIGGA

I know Sherlock Holmes has been done as a Servant before, but has anyone ever done a Servant profile for Arsene Lupin?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I know Sherlock Holmes has been done as a Servant before, but has anyone ever done a Servant profile for Arsene Lupin?
    The guys does not exist.

You summoned a hobo who looted homes by throwing a brick through the windows.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't there an earlier discussion in which there was some debate as to whether Heracles and Medusa existed irl or not as well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Wasn't there an earlier discussion in which there was some debate as to whether Heracles and Medusa existed irl or not as well?
    About the ancient Greek heroes, consider this:

Masters summon Servants that are similar to them in nature. And Medea summoned a fictional Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    About the ancient Greek heroes, consider this:

Masters summon Servants that are similar to them in nature. And Medea summoned a fictional Servant.
    Assassin is noted to be historical.

I like that emote.

Blog Entries
    Okay, it's Berserker time! He's definitely an interesting one, and maybe not one of the most well-known out there, compared to some of the others. He's one of the few really unique figures I saw really fitting Berserker, and he has his own very important place in history. Leading the biggest war of the 19th century is a pretty major achievement, you know.

------------------

Servant: Hong Xuiquan
    Class: Berserker
    Era: 1814-1864

Background: Born Hong Renkun, member of an impoverished Hakka family in southern China. According to family traditions he was to become a farmer, but he became more interested in receiving a formal education, a goal which his parents supported.

However, despite being rather intelligent and getting a notable private education, he failed to pass the civil service examinations not once but five times in total, being unable to succeed at the incredibly difficult examination material. It was around this time in his life that certain events, including his meeting with some Christian missionaries, began to shape his future into what it would eventually become.

He was initially uninterested in the Christian religion, but that changed after he suffered from a series of powerful, frightening dreams and visions.

The dreams, Hong later rationalized, were highly religious in nature, and involved philosophers and religious teachers such as Confucius being declared demons, and an old man preaching that he was the true god, rather than the local Chinese beliefs of Buddhism and of Confucianism. This was interpreted to mean that he, Hong Xuiquan, was to rid the world of those who didn't follow the orders of a God, exorcising them as though they were demons. These dreams changed Hong, and after understanding what his true purpose was to be, he dropped his ambitions towards the imperial examinations and decided to become a local teacher.

He had been given in the past some Christian books, translated for the local Chinese, and these were instrumental in shaping Hong's worldview: the God in his dreams was, in fact, the Christian Holy Father, and that Hong, like Jesus Christ, was a son of God meant to convert the world to the Christian faith, and to topple the Chinese beliefs of Confucius and Buddha.

It was then that he became fanatical, burning and defacing all things related to Confucianism and Buddhism, and he told many people in his village of his own beliefs about Christianity.

The people who believed him first were the poor, who were trodden on by the non-Christian officials, and Hong also appealed to minorities, and he had knowledge enough to understand where to spread his vision: Guangxi, where there were many fellow Hakka people, and where many of the poor were open to conversion. He brought two fellows, named Hong Rengan and Feng Yunshan, who lived in a similar situation to Hong Xuiquan.

The numbers of Hong's converts grew as the years went on and as Hong travelled about China; he called these people God Worshippers, and when local officials tried to suppress this uprising, the fervour of the God Worshippers only grew. At the same time, Western missionaries were suspicious of Hong, and also jealous that he had converted them to his own sect of Christianity before the Europeans could spread their own faith properly.

With so many people under his banner, the tensions with government authorities grew, often becoming violent in some areas. Hong Xuiquan knew what would come next.

Amassing tens of thousands of followers, Hong struck back when government troops were sent to stomp out his sect, and then yet more soldiers came to defeat Hong; they were stopped and several officials killed, and with that Hong saw it fit to finalize his dreams: he declared the creation of the Heavenly Kingdom of Transcendent Peace, his own country where his rules and ideals were law.

That was the beginning of the Taiping Rebellion, one of the bloodiest wars in all history, and despite heavy resistance from numerous foes, the forces of the Heavenly Kingdom were victorious, bringing yet more people into Hong's movement.

They captured Yongan, breaking past pirates hired specifically to stop the overwhelming rebellion, then after an assault by imperial troops they headed to Guilin, trying to lay siege to the city. Though they failed, they never gave up their holy quest, and went to the city of Hunan, north of where the movement began. More well-trained troops brought up by the government drove back the rebellion for a time, but Hong led his people to Nanking, and took the city to name it their new capital, where the administrative efforts of the movement began in earnest. Hong showed skill and ambition yet again, setting up reforms that favoured social development but also ensured the loyalty of the people to Hong Xuiquan and no one else; he set himself up as a holy ruler, and his orders were mandated by religion.

This country lasted for more than a decade, with episodes of strife in between. In 1860, though, the forces of the Qing government had a foothold in the area, and four years later the Taiping Rebellion was finally put down, after tens of millions of Chinese people were killed.

As for Hong Xuiquan, he knew when the end had come: before the fall of his Heavenly Kingdom, he took poison and killed himself in the palace at Nanking in 1864, following his beliefs to the end.

Summoned into the Holy Grail War, he is fixated on seeing the destruction of those he believes are the modern incarnations of those he fought in life, and he wishes to bring about his Heavenly Kingdom once more, though as a Berserker he is interested in more violent means, rather than converting people to his side. Instead of retaliating against forces that oppose them, he will lash out at anyone or anything that may be a threat to his beliefs or his movement, and that helps give him a definite unpredictability.

Though in life he committed suicide, in this incarnation he is planning on fighting until he is absolutely destroyed, going through anything to ensure victory.

Appearance: He most often wears what could be seen as a mix of a white priest's coat and an orange, almost regal military uniform, symbolizing his presence as ruler and prophet.

His features are sharp and masculine, but his power is more supernatural than truly human, and he doesn't really have much in the way of muscles, at least not visibly. He keeps his facial hair well-trimmed and elegant, perhaps a show of wealth despite his poor origins. All the time he can be seen carrying a Bible, and if it isn't in his hand, it is surely in one of the pockets of his uniform.

It's a fact that he likes flair, and even his madness doesn't mitigate that at all.

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement – D

• A sort of insanity that robs the Servant of reasoning while boosting their basic parameters. At this rank, the ability to speak is maintained, but one's mental acuity is greatly lessened, often resulting in the Servant being only able to consider basic lines of thought; however, STR, AGI and END are increased.

Personal Skills:

Charisma – D++

• An extreme ability to motivate and charm people, especially for leading armies. This rank allows for fanatical devotion from any and all followers, but at the same time the Servant will never be recognized as a “great leader” of history; they will at best be known as influential revolutionaries or cult leaders with large followings.

Revelation – B

• Skill to reveal (intermittently and never intentionally) the right path to take in any situation. Though Mad Enhancement normally would seal such a skill, Berserker can utilize it as a result of his extreme faith. However, the likelihood that his revelations will be believed or even understood decreases.

Protection of the Faith – A+++

• Divine guardianship gained from strongly confiding in one's religious beliefs. Having an especially high rank, though, may lead to one having a distorted personality.

Divinity – D

• Berserker proclaims himself to be the son of a god, though this is dubious. Many people believed him, though, out of their shared zeal.

Noble Phantasm(s):

GuangxiDemon-Slaying SwordsD+
    Anti-Unit

These twin swords, three feet long and impressively sharp, were forged by religious order of Hong Xuiquan to defeat “demons” that plagued the world. In his reasoning, these “demons” were actually the false gods and philosophers worshipped by native Chinese, and Buddha and Confucius especially received Hong's hatred.

The effect of these swords, which are powerful already by virtue of being well-made, enchanted swords, is to permanently wound non-Christian idols and divine figures; anyone with a rank in Divinity or who utilizes divine-inspired magic (so long as they are unrelated to Christian religious worship) will suffer injuries that cannot heal when struck by these swords, making them deadly against the “demons” of Hong's regime. However, due to Hong Xuiquan's distorted view of the world, actual demons are entirely unaffected by these weapons.

Taiping Heavenly KingdomGod WorshippersA+
    Anti-Army

The infamous Taiping Rebellion in China ended up killing tens of millions of people, becoming one of the most deadly wars of all history, and it is potentially the largest war of the 19th century, even including the Napoleonic Wars.

Representative of the destruction and bloodshed of the rebellion, as well as the immense hatred towards traditional Confucian ideals, this Noble Phantasm unleashes Hong's true power.

Multicoloured flames soar out from the air around Hong and encircle the whole battlefield, and his Mad Enhancement is increased to A-rank. Any divine or mystical protections are stripped from Hong's opponents, and even if the enemy is a far more skilled fighter than him, he will be made able to fight on the same level as his foe. This circle of flames is inescapable, and thus the fight goes on until Hong is unable to maintain the Noble Phantasm, or until only one fighter remains. The flames occasionally lash out and strike Hong's foes, acting out of his unconscious will with surprising accuracy, able to tear weapons out of an enemy's grip and sear their flesh. Theoretically, a Command Seal could be expended to force Hong to cease his Noble Phantasm, but the depth of his rage and insanity very well could prevent such a thing from succeeding.

Normally, a Berserker would be unable to utilize an activated Noble Phantasm like this one, but due to Hong's single-minded focus on his religious beliefs, he is able to easily recite the poem to bring about this field of death:

In my hand I wield the Universe and the power to attack and kill,
    I slay the evil, preserve the righteous, and relieve the people's suffering.
    My eyes see through beyond the west, the north, the rivers, and the mountains,
    My voice shakes the east, the south, the Sun, and the Moon.
    The glorious sword of authority was given by the Lord,
    Poems and books are evidences that praise Yahwehin front of Him.
    Taiping unifies the World of Light,
    The domineering air will be joyous for myriads of thousand years.

Were he not a Berserker, this Noble Phantasm would likely take on a more peaceful effect, rather than channelling Hong's sheer hatred.

Stats:

Strength - B
    Agility - A
    Magic - C
    Luck - D
    Endurance – A

---------------

Mad Enhancement stat boosts actually benefit him, and the fact that he's so single-minded makes the Berserker class a rare upgrade, this time. Because really, Hong Xuiquan is straight-up crazy. The guy was successful, but god damn was he also insane.

In a regular Grail War he just might do pretty well, and he's more of a stat-focused character, unlike most of the others in this set. However, since no one here but him has any Divinity or divine connections, he kinda becomes crap. In the Fourth War, he could stand somewhat of a chance, and same goes for the Fifth. He definitely couldn't take on the more hardcore Servants, though, and for all his bonuses against Divine things, he could hardly do a thing against Hercules.

Now, select another Servant, to be shown tomorrow or so!

1. Rider
    2. Assassin
    3. Lancer
    4. Saber

Blog Entries
    Huh. I have to admit, I didn't know what to expect you'd pick for a modern Berserker, but that was a really interesting choice. Just reading the summary of his history again is fascinating and it makes the Personal Skills pretty fun too. Unusual Charisma rank as well. ^^; The two swords aren't a bad NP, if limited solely to Divinity, but it makes them a pretty hard counter against any demi-gods besides good old Herakles. The Taiping Rebellion is alot nastier, though, although it sounds more effective in a one-on-one than it does if he's outnumbered given the equalizer effect.

...Also, imagining Berserker Kanbei now, thanks to that faceclaim. Mad Enhancement tanks cost 20% more!

I'll vote Lancer this time. ^^;

---

...As for me, not going to lie, I've been working on this one tonight just because I happened upon him in a Trope list and the idea of a Rider with this kind of mount as their specialty makes me die of giggles. Probably not my best design, and I wish I could think of a second NP, but... Well, silliness, onward!

Servant:
    Rider
    True Name: Kim Yushin
    Alignment: Lawful Good

History:
    The legendary soldier who fought for the unification of Korea, Kim Yushin was the son of the general of one of Korea's three warring kingdoms, born with seven birthmarks on his back in the shape of the Big Dipper. Becoming an accomplished warrior at the early age of 15, Yushin was the commander of his country's entire armed forces by the age of 34. As general, Yushin came to believe that the three kingdoms should be united under one rule, praying to the heavens to help him accomplish his dream. It is said the heavens answered his prayers, casting down two beams of light to bless his sword, and granting it the power to cleave rock in half and respond to his call when he angered.

Yushin is famous for his use of kites in warfare, using them not only as a form of communication and attack, but also making them the symbol of the stars themselves; when his troops refused to fight an invading army because a falling star was a bad omen, Yushin used a kite to carry a ball of fire into the sky, convincing his men that the stars themselves had returned to heaven to bless their victory. Yushin won that battle, as he did many battles in his quest to unify his country, and died regarded as one of the greatest leaders and swordsmen in Korean history.

Appearance:
    Rider dresses primarily in a military uniform of dark blue material, with a loose layer of black armor over his torso and arms. A dark blue headband is wrapped around his head with seven stars adorning it, and his long black hair is otherwise tied back with a band of dark blue cloth. His sword hangs at his side, a simple looking blade with an unadorned hilt, but a mysterious blade as black as night that is constructed from material not found anywhere in the world. What appears at first glance to be a black cape hangs at his back, but is actually a kite that can be quickly extended to its full shape to take to the skies.

Parameters:
    Noble Phantasm: C-A+
    Strength: B
    Agility: A
    Endurance: C
    Prana: C
    Luck: B

Class Abilities:
    Magic Resistance:
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree as an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this level, all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank may be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma
    The natural talent to command an army. This increases the ability of allies in group battles and is a rare talent. At this rank, it is suitable for the general of a country.

Military Tactics
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing with an enemy's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Eye of the Mind (False)
    An innate talent to sense and avoid danger based on intuition that can also be called Sixth Sense or prescience, gained through many ordeals and adventures. Even in his first battles, Rider was favored with both success and glory; however, due to many of his greatest achievements and inspirations occuring at night, the rank of this skill is reduced during the day.

Weapons:
    Cheonryonggeom, the Heavenly Dragon Sword
    The blade supposedly blessed by the heavens to help Kim Yushin accomplish his dream, Rider's black-bladed sword is constructed from a mysterious alloy that fell from the sky as though granting his wish. The sword was nameless during life, but was given its title in legend after his death, and it is likely this weapon would receive its full power if Kim Yushin was summoned as a Saber. However, in his present class, it is used as a focusing device that allows Rider to intuitively control his Noble Phantasm no matter how far away he is.

Noble Phantasms:
    Byeull Yeon - The Stars That Returned to the Heavens
    Type: Anti-Army
    Known in life as the Seven Star General, Rider's primary Noble Phantasm is an armada of "fighter kites" utilized by his army in his own lifetime. This Noble Phantasm is a representation of both Rider's affinity with the stars and of anecdotes of the flaming kites that Yushin used to convince his troops that the heavens themselves returned to the sky in support of his troops. With Rider's personal kite acting as the anchor, countless additional fighter kites can be generated to overwhelm the enemy from above. Each fighter kite is constructed from material salvaged from the two falling stars that Rider used to craft his sword, granting them considerable protection from both physical and magical attacks that rival even Phantasmal Beasts, and capable of firing mortars of magical energy that rain down like starlight upon enemies.

Although the firepower of each individual kite amounts to not much more than a Rank C Noble Phantasm, each one is directly connected to Rider and may be manipulated by thought alone, coordinating their attacks to strike in tandem and potentially combining their power to reach the level of a Rank A+ Noble Phantasm. Rider is also capable of manifesting a number of individual kites without fully invoking this Noble Phantasm, maintaining his direct bond with them and allowing him to use them passively as survelliance at reduced prana expenditure.
    Last edited by Sunny; January 1st, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Unlimited Kite Works?

That's the image I am getting, lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Unlimited Kite Works?

That's the image I am getting, lol.
    Then my mission is accomplished! I wrote that entire sheet just because otherwise I couldn't get that gloriously silly image out of my head. ^^;

I feel like I should've done more with the star sword though. Folklore says he actually scared enemy generals into cowing down because his sword jumped out of its scabbard on its own whenever he got angry.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Actually the first image came to mind was one of those Gundams with like 3 million DRAGOON units.

Except the Gundam is Asian.

And the DRAGOON units are laser-shooting kites.