Page 607 of 680 FirstFirst ... 107507557597602605606607608609612617657 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    IDK. Jack and Pale Rider seems to be in a pack as far as i can see
    Both Jack & Pale Rider are fine but injured.

There's a reason why we don't have any confirmation on Jack other than:

Svin can smell half of Flat's scent; that's not Thia. Either Jack is keeping half of Flat safe, or Flat unlocked Age of Will shenanigans and is keeping half of Jack safe (because their souls were mixed)

However that pans out, I'm inclined to say Jack's safe from a Doylist perspective, just because the lack of POV, not even a simple "huh what do I do now?" or checking in to see how Jack feels about the whole situation is incredibly sus.

I actually don't know if Spooky is alive or not though. I heard he lived but then I heard he died.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; March 29th, 2023 at 06:30 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kayneth, looking at a literal actual perpetual motion maxchine: that's boring
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Sola, looking at a literal perpetual motion machine: "Kayneth, you're boring me."
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    but he keeps dropping fresh hot Kayneth/El-Melloi lore so I have no choice but to like FSF

"Kayneth breezily invented something better than three magical energy reactors simply because he thought it lacked artistry" is so, so funny to me, A+ lore. Looking forward to how Ayaka has the reactor inside her(/Ayaka was born out of the reactor???) plays out.
    Reminder that most Kayneth lore is most likely thanks to him and Sanda, and he also is responsible for basically anything El-Melloi classroom related, without Flat nothing would be like we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arete View Post
    And I'd be remiss to not bring up how it incorporates both Fate and Tsuki world components, just cause that's what the author wanted.
    This is kinda unfair, since when he started, Nasu hadn't decided on the split, remember that when the mushroom spoke he began panicking about how it would affect sF, it was Nasu who said: "Nah bro yours is fine"

I too think that two volumes is too short to decently wrap up every plot point set up. You can do it of course, but quite a lot will have to be cut short. So I hope for more.

And because it increases the chances of a decent rematch between Gilgamesh and Enkidu that's been mentioned pretty much every volume since the first one.

Blog Entries
    Powerful charm point... My impression is that with other TM prodigies, pains are taken to establish their mindsets as freaks, and Kayneth winds up being The Most Normal just by comparison. It's like a fun little treat whenever he's Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Armandoiskyu View Post
    Reminder that most Kayneth lore is most likely thanks to him and Sanda, and he also is responsible for basically anything El-Melloi classroom related, without Flat nothing would be like we know.
    Believe me, I give thanks to them and Saint pako every day.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Regular Mage: Wait, so you already had a perpetual motion machine that could fuel your workshops forever, and keep your family prestige no problem, why did you build this heavy metal murder ball?

Kayneth: For the Aesthetic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    Is it ever explained how Kayneth and Reines avoid a slow and painful death by mercury poisoning
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it ever explained how Kayneth and Reines avoid a slow and painful death by mercury poisoning
    I presume magic mercury isn't the same as normie mercury. And (don't quote me on this) I think liquid mercury is not actually that toxic compared to its gaseous form and is really only dangerous if you inhale it or get it in cuts.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I presume magic mercury isn't the same as normie mercury. And (don't quote me on this) I think liquid mercury is not actually that toxic compared to its gaseous form and is really only dangerous if you inhale it or get it in cuts.
    Kayneth definitely got into his wounds.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Regular Mage: Wait, so you already had a perpetual motion machine that could fuel your workshops forever, and keep your family prestige no problem, why did you build this heavy metal murder ball?

Kayneth: For the Aesthetic!
    it sure has a killer aesthetic (i hate myself)

- - - Updated - - -

Powerful charm point... My impression is that with other TM prodigies, pains are taken to establish their mindsets as freaks, and Kayneth winds up being The Most Normal just by comparison. It's like a fun little treat whenever he's Weird.
    You know, Kayneth is unironically one of the most human non protagonist mages, his literal worst crime was being kinda an ass to Waver for something that was a fact (even if it did have some shadows of elitism), he was a dedicated husband, a good teacher, and a decent human overall compared to most other mages.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Kayneth definitely got into his wounds.
    and to be fair he did die painfully a few days later

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Liquid mercury evaporates, that's why it's so dangerous

I'm sure magecraft has a solution for extracting mercury from a body.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, since Kayneth telekinetically controls the mercury he could just not let it evaporate or diffuse in a way that's dangerous to him.

Blog Entries
    You know, Kayneth is unironically one of the most human non protagonist mages, his literal worst crime was being kinda an ass to Waver for something that was a fact (even if it did have some shadows of elitism), he was a dedicated husband, a good teacher, and a decent human overall compared to most other mages.
    This is literally the overwhelming sentiment whenever japanese fans talk about him in current year and it's very sweet to me. Makes up for the majority of western fans being behind the curve. Or they say stuff like "wow! he actually took the time to read Waver's incredibly long bullshit thesis! what a nice guy and proper teacher!"

on that note, man, og waver was a funny psycho. "If Kayneth had the talent to be a lecturer, it should have been impossible for him to not understand Waver's talent. No, he was probably jealous precisely because he understands. He was probably afraid of Waver's hidden talent, becoming jealous of him, treating Waver as a threat to his own position." is a hysterical thing to think.

Liquid mercury evaporates, that's why it's so dangerous
    I was on the Elements page of the wiki yesterday and I saw something I've never seen mentioned somewhere relevant, like his actual wiki page, but apparently Kayneth can make poisonous gas harmless via using his wind/water affinity? Well, supposedly according to Fate/Zero Anime Visual Guide I - Commentary:#7, p.130, anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was on the Elements page of the wiki yesterday and I saw something I've never seen mentioned somewhere relevant, like his actual wiki page, but apparently Kayneth can make poisonous gas harmless via using his wind/water affinity? Well, supposedly according to Fate/Zero Anime Visual Guide I - Commentary:#7, p.130, anyway.
    During their live watch of Zero, Narita speculates that Kiritsugu could have just used poisonous gas to beat Kayneth. Nasu speculates that a magus a strong as Kayneth would be good at detoxification (解毒) (which ironically is Waver's family's attribute). Also due to his twin elemental alignments, poisonous gas attacks wouldn't really affect him.
    Narita then follows up with what the other Masters could do against Kayneth. Nasu replies that Tokiomi might be able to compete. But the other Masters would make it a Servant vs Servant battle.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And Case Files doubles down on it. Like, I agree, but seeing Waver so torn up about his death still threw me in for a loop.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    And Case Files doubles down on it.
    Sanda's most important contribution to the franchise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    And Case Files doubles down on it. Like, I agree, but seeing Waver so torn up about his death still threw me in for a loop.
    He was mainly sad that Kayneth the Mage died, he hated Kayneth the person, also the Neco-Arc theme is cool and i like it but god damnit it's only 11 past midnight here and it's driving me crazy.