Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Material I Profiles + Glossary

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We stuck with Prana for pretty long why not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    The Twenty-seven Dead Apostle Ancestors

In their three thousand year long history some seats have emptied, and apart from those six that are Offenbaum's - Vlov's parent's - "principle" as well as the principles of 「ripening」,「castle, therefore kingdom」,「sword」, and then the「burning」and「four limbs」 that are sealed by the Church, the remaining ones whose existence has been verified number twenty-one.
    Just noticed, that's a とける, so that "burning" should be "melting".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Leftovers, are the raws available anywhere?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    so you could say that DAA had, "Melty Blood"?

i'll see myself out
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    oops
    big if true!

'melting' makes a lot more sense for Mr. Alien Stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Leftovers, are the raws available anywhere?
    In the PS4s of those who bought the digital version.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arcueid
    Blood type: Unknown
    Height: 167 cm
    Weight: 52 kg
    Birthday: December 25th (self-proclaimed)
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Likes: Movies, novels, going out, at home dates, Shiki’s verbal abuse, kitties
    Dislikes: Snakes, boredom, pollution, Shiki’s verbal abuse
    Natural enemy: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, Retroflow
    Comment from the illustrator: True Ancestor, a vampire born as one. One of the main heroines in A Piece of Blue Glass Moon, and the poster girl for Tsukihime as a whole. A character designed after idea of an un-vampire-like vampire. Not the best person to have as an ally and the absolute worst to have as an enemy. Her long skirt form at the second half of Ciel’s route was meant as little surprise. It goes to show how much I can’t let go of my habits.

Explanation: A True Ancestor who, around the year 1200, spawned naturally, as True Ancestors always do. It was soon discovered that her specs were a far above the True Ancestor standard. It was decided impromptu that she was to be educated for anti-corrupted True Ancestor purposes. She woke up only to kill corrupted True Ancestors, and went to sleep after defeating her target. Somewhere along this cycle, she was tricked by the mage Roa into drinking human blood, causing her to go haywire. After killing all the True Ancestors who raised her, she regained her sanity and locked herself in the Millenium Castle. After that, she formed a new cycle where every time Roa reincarnated, she would visit the world outside the castle, punish him, and return to sleep. This princess is a killer machine who never experienced anything other than fighting and doesn't care for "useless" matters. Or rather, was.

The main heroine of the story. She has the appearance of a woman around 16-17. Her real age is about 800-900. That said, the total time she's been active is less than an year. She's a genuine bloodsucker who came to Souya town in pursuit of the vampire Roa. An invigorating heroine with looks and a personality unbecoming of a vampire, who gets killed by the protagonist in her introduction scene. She gets interested in Shiki's murder skills and asks him for his help. She's Chaotic Good. Introverted (extroverted when it comes to Shiki), cheerful, and active. Since her appearance is
    stuck in an late teens form, her mental age is also not matured. Not caring about details is in her personality. She got happy-go-lucky ever since Shiki killed her, but she still has her vast knowledge and dry humor (her logical nature as a True Ancestor), resulting in an unbalanced personality, carefree yet intellectual.

After being broken as a True Ancestor beyond repair, she grew greatly interested in Shiki, and this interest eventually developed into affection, which was taken to extreme level of loving Shiki's life, so she wants to protect not only Shiki himself, but also everything Shiki approves. Except when she is rampaging or awakened. In Ciel's route, the awakened Arc's directive was to first obtain Shiki, and only then respect his life. And to obtain Shiki, she chose the frightening method of eliminating all obstacles.

Ciel
    Blood type: O
    Height: 165 cm
    Birthday: May 3rd
    Alignment: Lawful Evil (Good from an objective perspective, but Ciel considers herself evil)
    Dislikes: Lazy lifestyles, vampires
    Natural enemy: None in particular (she’s an all-rounder)
    Comment from the illustrator: One of the main heroines in this game. Arc’s narrative foil. While she’s the Tsukihime heroine with the biggest variety of outfits, she isn’t particularly fashionable, which fits with her unaffected and sincere personality. She doesn’t stop getting into battle after battle, to the point it feels like all of her CGs are fight scenes. I made her more sprites in cute poses to compensate that.

Explanation: Birth name: Elesia. A girl born in the French countryside. Being chosen as Roa's new body caused her to awaken at age 12, become a vampire, take over her village, and eventually become a center figure of what would be called the French Incident. But after being defeated by Arcueid, Roa transferred to the next incarnation and the corpse taken to Curia revived as Elesia. The girl, now immortal for as long as Roa is alive, discarded her name, was baptized as Ciel, and joined the Church as a vampire hunter. In order to one day die as a human.

Sensing Roa's reincarnation, Ciel assigned herself alone to Souya town to punish him. She lives a double life, steadily getting rid of the constantly proliferating vampires by night, and infiltrating a school by day to investigate and observe her Roa body candidate, Toono Shiki, eldest son of the Toono family. Despite her suspicions about the assignment of her pupil Noel, she tries to use Shiki to seal and/or destroy Roa, but things don't go as planned.

One of the story's heroines. She looks about 16-18. She's poses as upperclassman in Shiki's school but is actually a Holy Church Executor who came to Souya after Roa. The people of the Church call her by the pejorative name Quinze. Although she explains their secrets to Shiki as he gets involved in the situation, the mystery woman doesn't tell him a thing about herself. She's Lawful Good. Extroverted, timid, and active. Has a generally quiet and caring personality. However she's also nosy and curious, and can't leave lazy or depressed people alone.

The character whose personality best fits the big sister archetype. She takes cares of people and does anything they ask. She's satisfied with her class representative-like position... but, things get different if she grows affectionate to the person she's helping. Her teasing can get mean-spirited. Maybe she just likes troubling her loved ones.

However, that's all just the base Ciel. She uses a different persona as an Executor, so she can become a cold-blooded machine to fulfill her objectives if necessary.

Shiki
    Blood type: AB
    Height: 173 cm
    Weight: 57 kg
    Birthday: October 15th
    Alignment: True Unknown
    Dislikes: Vampires, shiritori, self-contained lifeforms
    Natural enemy: Infinity, Chaos, Perfection
    Comment from the illustrator: The protagonist of the game, tragically given eyes that perceive “lines of death” in everything. Since this is a first-person POV VN, he has only one normal sprite, but maybe the biggest amount of battle sprites.

Akiha
    Blood type: A
    Height: 160 cm
    Weight: 45 kg
    Birthday: September 22nd
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Dislikes: Incomprehensible events, blood, disobedient brothers
    Natural enemy: Arcueid, point-blank gunshots, either brother
    Comment from the illustrator: The carefully raised head of the Toono family. A cute and strict little sister to Shiki. I drew her praying she turn out beautiful. She’s not all that different from the old version, but I changed in her color scheme into something chicer, to better convey the weight of the character.

Hisui
    Blood type: B
    Height: 156 cm
    Weight: 43 kg
    Birthday: March 12th
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: Untidy people, loud people, unclean people
    Natural enemy: Kohaku
    Comment from the illustrator: One of the Toono family’s employees. Shiki’s personal maid. Aside from her role as maid, her character also brings a tone of old-fashionedness to the setting, so I’ll always be keeping her exactly the way you first saw her.

Kohaku
    Height: 156 cm
    Weight: 43 kg
    Birthday: March 12th
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Dislikes: Bad cooking, cats
    Natural enemy: Hisui
    Comment from the illustrator: The other Toono maid, the high energy girl in the kimono with apron. Contrary to Hisui, she presents a tone of modernity, so I believe she’ll change little by little. Hirokazu Koyama designed her apron.

Satsuki
    Height: 161 cm
    Birthday: August 15th
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Likes: Non-competitive sports, her part-time job, winter sceneries
    Dislikes: Her own lack of courage
    Natural enemy: -
    Comment from the illustrator: Shiki’s cheerful and sociable classmate, loved by all boys and girls. I intended to make her a character without a particularly charming face or silhouette, but with a cute vibe to her. While she doesn’t appear much in A Piece of Blue Glass Moon, her little moments increase her heroine levels.

Noel
    Human
    Height: 169 cm
    Weight: 59 kg
    Birthday: December 25nd
    Likes: Gifting herself, social media, antiques, younger lovers
    Dislikes: Unwieldy weapons, dentists, younger bosses
    Natural enemy: Ciel
    Comment from the illustrator: A new teacher transferred to Shiki’s school and an Executor working with Ciel. The main idea was designing her more adult than the heroines. Well, she turned out to be more like an adult who sucks at being an adult.

Dead Apostle
    Height: 143 cm
    Weight: 35 kg
    Birthday: December 25nd
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Likes: Her puny, audacious, and pathetic enemies; her best self
    Dislikes: Ciel
    Natural enemy: Ciel
    Comment from the illustrator: Noel’s appearance reborn as a Dead Apostle. The design concept was butterfly fairy, but visibly still Noel. She’s not just a younger Noel. Her face was changed by the vampirization. Another possible way to describe concept is Noel’s dark passions hatched.

Vlov
    Height: 188 cm
    Weight: 79 kg
    Birthday: May 14th
    Dislikes: Snakes, blizzards, floes
    Natural enemy: Chaos, Rose, Modding Maniac
    Comment from the illustrator: The frozen Dead Apostle, number 19 of the 27 Ancestors. The character who best symbolizes the differences between A Piece of Blue Glass Moon and the old game. I intended to design him as a decadent, beautiful and pale pure vampire, in direct opposition to the non-standard vampire in the old game.

Roa
    Height: 178 cm
    Weight: 65 kg
    Birthday: September 29th
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Likes: Technological revolutions, reading aloud, eating, tragedy
    Dislikes: Unexpected events, malnourishment, imperfection, comedy
    Natural enemy: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, Seventh Holy Scripture
    Comment from the illustrator: Arc’s and Ciel’s nemesis. A character always close to the core of Tsukihime. In Arc’s story, he retained SHIKI’s consciousness until the moment his knife stabbed Shiki. After SHIKI’s greatest wish was fulfilled, Roa completely took over the body. PFALZ designed the Serpent of Akasha crest that appears when Roa has full control of the body.

Mario
    Height: 150 cm
    Birthday: August 3rd
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: Idealist arguments, gerontocracy, the brother immediately before him
    Natural enemy: None in particular
    Comment from the illustrator: A boy from the Holy Church. A deputy minister. A pretty boy with a sadistic personality. As you can tell from their size and emerald-green color, he’s a character with powerful eyes.

Andou
    Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 62 kg
    Birthday: February 10th
    Dislikes: Crime, easy jobs, cacti
    Natural enemy: Mario
    Comment from the illustrator: Mario’s subordinate #1. As smoothly dressed character, to contrast with Mario. Like with Noel, I made him an out-of-place adult.

Karius
    Height: 189 cm
    Weight: 79 kg
    Birthday: July 9th
    Dislikes: A coworker who doesn’t show respect for his own country’s culture
    Natural enemy: Andou
    Comment from the illustrator: Mario’s subordinate #2. The hardest character to design in the game. Even after I designed this version, I tested many other alternatives before I ultimately returned to this one.

Mio
    Height: 149 cm
    Weight: 40 kg
    Birthday: October 16th
    Dislikes: Hot food
    Natural enemy: Kiri Nanaya
    Comment from the illustrator: A mysterious girl you find in the town multiple times. I designed her imagining… a girl with a subdued color scheme, but still memorable. She’s in this one just to introduce herself. Look forward to her future roles.

Arihiko
    Height: 174 cm
    Weight: 62 kg
    Birthday: October 24th
    Dislikes: Plans going further than 3 days, stupidity that affects those around him
    Natural enemy: Yumizuka Satsuki
    Comment from the illustrator: Shiki’s middle school friend. I designed in way that feels really true to Arihiko, although I'm not too sure about wearing a gakuran uniform at this day and age. I fixed a bunch of images long after I drew them, but Arihiko was the only character where I didn't need to fix anything.

Arach
    Blood type: Not telling you
    Height: 175 cm
    Weight: No way I'm measuring that
    Birthday: Who gives a damn?
    Alignment: Chaotic Good (lying through her teeth)
    Dislikes: Nothing, nil, nada!
    Natural enemy: If I must pick something, I guess deadlines?
    Comment from the illustrator: A lady doctor living in the Toono residence. An energetic scientist with a habit of skipping work. A new part of the Toono residence who clearly doesn’t belong there. Tsukihime’s greatest source of funny faces. Maybe the most fun I had drawing expressions in my entire life. I just drew her silhouette the way I wanted it to be, without thinking much about the details.

Gouto
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 74 kg
    Birthday: September 4th
    Dislikes: Talentless people
    Natural enemy: None in particular
    Comment from the illustrator: The character representing the the Toono branch families. Arach is one character who leaves an impression, but this one here is just a complete horror movie killer. I thought to myself that this design looked way too untrustworthy… so I approved it. Making good faces for his sprites was a cakewalk. Please pay attention to them.

Ciel-sensei
    Height: 165 cm
    Birthday: May 3rd
    Dislikes: Lazy lifestyles, vampires
    Natural enemy: Neco
    Comment from the illustrator: Our reliable instructor from the hint segment. The bonus segments were produced all in one go after the main product was complete… True Type-Moon style right there. This makes this design my most recent work. She’s mostly identical to the Ciel in the main story, but I drew her a bit older. I also made a military instructor outfit for the more rigorous lessons.

Neco-Arc
    Blood type: Sweet
    Height: Approximately 40 cm (variable)
    Weight: 5 kg (variable)
    Birthday: December 31st
    Alignment: Lawful Cat
    Dislikes: Nicotine
    Natural enemy: Ciel-sensei, Arima Miyako
    Comment from the illustrator: Ciel-sensei’s partner. A mysterious creature. Its design changed a lot to match the changes in Arc, but it’s bratty childhood friend attitude really makes you feel like it has been like that.

Eco-Arc
    Height: 133 cm
    Weight: 40 kg
    Birthday: January 1st
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Dislikes: Still doesn’t know
    Natural enemy: Brunestud
    Comment from the illustrator: A mysterious girl who speaks in the main story’s writing style because she's too clueless to realize Teach Me, Ciel-sensei! Is written on a different tone. Although I tested multiple different alternatives for her outfit, I eventually settled for the very memorable dress from the old game.
    Last edited by Comun; December 12th, 2021 at 08:27 PM.

Eco-Arc a cute. Funny how Takeuchi settled with the original dress. Sometimes you wonder if he likes to mess with us.
    Last edited by Crown; September 2nd, 2021 at 12:59 AM.

In Arc’s story, he retained SHIKI’s consciousness until the moment Shiki’s knife stabbed him. After SHIKI’s greatest wish was fulfilled, Roa completely took over the body.

Not until he (SHIKI-Roa) stabbed Shiki? That would have made more sense.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’ll take a second look at this after I read the scene. I’m only at Executor Noel’s introduction.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    In Arc’s story, he retained SHIKI’s consciousness until the moment Shiki’s knife stabbed him. After SHIKI’s greatest wish was fulfilled, Roa completely took over the body.

Not until he (SHIKI-Roa) stabbed Shiki? That would have made more sense.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    👏 Added to the OP

Also what is "self-contained lifeforms". Googling it brings jellyfish so I guess it can be a callback to the Roa talk about meaningless immortality of some jellyfish species. When I MTLed it the other day though, I was getting among other things a self-absorbed lifestyle, living only for oneself, etc. MTL lol so I'm not doubting, just asking for a clarification.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    Also what is "self-contained lifeforms". Googling it brings jellyfish so I guess it can be a callback to the Roa talk about meaningless immortality of some jellyfish species. When I MTLed it the other day though, I was getting among other things a self-absorbed lifestyle, living only for oneself, etc. MTL lol so I'm not doubting, just asking for a clarification.
    自己完結している生命. Self+Complete+Life. (If you ignore the grammar).

Self-sufficient. Unlike Dead Apostles who are parasites upon humanity, something which has achieved a higher level of immortality.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So Beo
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

>Shiki's character info

>Natural enemy: Infinity, Chaos, Perfection

Shiki: "I want to kill Chaos. I need to, its not a hope or dream, more like a hunger or thirst."

WTF is this coldsteel-level character setting?

Do you think it's a foreshadowing Nero has completed his thesis and become something Shiki won't see the lines on? Maybe he's one with Imaginary Numbers now or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely it's not the FGO one, r-right?
    Last edited by Lake; September 2nd, 2021 at 05:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is pure speculation, but it might have something to do with Chaos' meaning as "primeval".

For someone like Shiki who can see the end of all things, the pure "beginning" is something he shouldn't be able to perceive.

For the record, 混沌 (the word used here) has the same kind of etymology as Chaos does in western languages. It is the primeval state of the universe, before its creation, in Chinese mythology. It was later extended to be used for the modern meaning of chaos as well, in mimicry of the western tradition.

But he somehow glimpsed Vlov's backstory/origin/principle while looking for his death, didn't he?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think that particularly related.

Perhaps the better way to put it is that Chaos is the absence of creation. Death does not exist in a place where nothing has begun.

I see. Okay yeah I think I'd headcanon Nero is just a puddle somewhere now, thus "gone", until more information comes out.