Page 1 of 21 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: So now that some time passed what is this boards opinion on Ordeal Call?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar

So now that some time passed what is this boards opinion on Ordeal Call?

It seems there was a lot of anger over this announcement. Was it really that bad?

The main complaint was that it felt like Lasengle was milking the lostbelt saga. But it feels like many people are simply unhappy with FGO and were using their completion of LB7 as an excuse to quit. When they learned that were would be at least 3 more chapters they got mad. I feel a lot of the anger was projection towards FGO because of whatever they decided to be mad about. For people that like FGO, the news that it will go on longer is great.

With that out of the way lets talk about ordeal call itself. I'm going to put my points into bullet points to keep my ideas organized

1. Ordeal call has a very good hook. The existence of special classes hasn't really been explained but has expanded greatly. It happened so often that I never thought about how odd it was to have so many special class servants. The second hook was glossed over a bit but it seems to be that Alyala is concerned over lostbelt servants being recruited to your side. I see no reason why more lostbelts can't be created so it makes sense that it would want to test your intent. People say it wasn't forshadowed but once this arc begins it will become clear that it was forshadowed all along. I'm sure this arc was planned from the start. It is not just filler or intentional milking the fanbase.

2. The mystery over Olga and Tamamo Vich. Olga's servant class is hidden is lostbelt 7. I think that this is forshadowing a new extra class. Perhaps a summonible version of the beast class. The collab this year is FGO arcade. If we get Tiamat or Draco, I don't think they will be an Alter Ego in mobile.

3.On the subject of Tamamo Vich, she is still missing, i'm pretty sure she will be the focus on the foreigner ordeal call. The whole plot line over Koyanskya still doesn't feel resolved.

4. Mash and her class. Ordeal Call should explain the shielder class and explain what it's role is. Is mash the only one or can there be more?

5. Fate/Proto content. This wasn't mentioned before, but this could mean that Fate proto will be the theme of one of the chapters or it will be an event that is cannon like the CCC collab. Anything fate proto related means we finally see Manaka, possibly as a summonible servant.

6. Fate extra content. This obviously means more Sakura alter egos are on the way, but could there be more? I think there will be a fate/extra chapter that will deal with budda and give us Saver as a new class. (This would oppose the beast class)

7. More info about Marsbury. Many lostbelt plot points remain unanswered. Rasputin is still at large, and one of the servants of the alien god still hasn't appeared. Expect answers

I'm 100% sure Ordeal Call won't be dragged out like the lostbelts were. The 3 chapters mentioned will release this year, and I'm sure that the first one will release next month before the collab. This will give us the beast class, in preparation for Tiamat and Draco in May.

Ok tell me how I'm wrong.

There would have been no complaints if they had kept the old schedule - one chapter every 3 months. Really? But a multi-billion dollar company releases a storyline in a game with visual novel mode and static pictures once every 6 months, while clogging up the schedule with extra chapters like Tunguska and shitty Traum.

Not only do we get one chapter every six months (also with delays, and breaking it up into parts), but it's a Santa Barbara with about 5% of the main plot. To drag out arc 2 for 5 years is just unthinkable. A lot of people are just tired of it and wanted to finally see the finale after 7 Lostbelt, but they got a piece of shit in the face. Please excuse my bad "French."

I probably won't stay in FGO long anymore after 7 years of playing it. I'll wait for the first OC and if it's another Santa Barbara with no apostles involved, I'll leave this project until these shitty fillers are over.
    Last edited by MaxXx2021; March 22nd, 2023 at 05:53 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    the absolute state of lasengle bootlickers...
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Prototype content? Saver? TAMAMO VITCH??????
    How much copium can you fit in one post holy shit

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Can't say, too little to go by. Could only give my thoughts based on the trailer, the ones I think I know.

Etherlite: Atlas technology, and MB Sion's signature weapon
    Divine Comedy: Poem by Dante Alighieri
    Trumpet: ???
    Final Destination: ???
    Woman of Storms: Wild Hunt?
    R.A.N.I: Rani VIII from Extra
    Flames: Flames in Singularity X?
    Wish: Holy Grail's function
    Paper Moon: Device for Zero Sailing
    The Count: The last Apostle
    Doba[]: ???
    Family: ???
    Crime and Punishment: Related to Divine Comedy?
    Tokyo: Proto-related?
    Holy Grail War: Duh
    Avarice: Sin?
    Hatred and Loathing: Related to Divine Comedy?

The third person in the trailer, the girl has same markings on her neck as U-Olga.

JP Friend Code
    Can't say anything about how I feel about any of it since none of the chapters are released. But I actually don't hate fillers if they are done well, I just hate that they blatantly did it to buy more time because they are short on manpower and that means if the schedule is fucked again it will make the wait for the finale much much longer.

漆黒の翼 Jet-Black Wings Nyarly Alter's Avatar
    This post kinda feels like it was made to trigger people but anyway... there's only 2 things my currently sleep-deprived self can think of. First, i hope they do Rani justice when she shows up so the artists will make lots of fanart. Second, Mash saying in the prologue that the power of protection can't possibly be wicked with such confidence felt kinda dumb. I mean, i get what she was trying to say, but the way she put it made it sound like defense can't be used for evil ever, which is just untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    It seems there was a lot of anger over this announcement. Was it really that bad?

The main complaint was that it felt like Lasengle was milking the lostbelt saga. But it feels like many people are simply unhappy with FGO and were using their completion of LB7 as an excuse to quit. When they learned that were would be at least 3 more chapters they got mad. I feel a lot of the anger was projection towards FGO because of whatever they decided to be mad about. For people that like FGO, the news that it will go on longer is great.

7. More info about Marsbury. Many lostbelt plot points remain unanswered. Rasputin is still at large, and one of the servants of the alien god still hasn't appeared. Expect answers

I'm 100% sure Ordeal Call won't be dragged out like the lostbelts were. The 3 chapters mentioned will release this year, and I'm sure that the first one will release next month before the collab. This will give us the beast class, in preparation for Tiamat and Draco in May.

Ok tell me how I'm wrong.
    Where your misunderstanding lies is that you're accepting OC at face value as an integral part of the plot and a direct continuation of the Lostbelt story, simply thinking it's 3-4 additional surprise chapters, like Olympus. The chances of this actually being the case are supremely slim, and that's exactly why people are mad at it.

Ordeal Call is, for all intents and purposes (as far as we know right now at least, a bit weird to make this call-out post before the arc actually even starts), not something that was part of the original story outline. Our greatest argument for this is that, despite what some people might say, FGO is very good at foreshadowing its future plot points, if one just pays attention. As it turns out, there's nothing anywhere that even hints at Chaldea's "misuse" of extra class servants, or of a "wall of human order" encapsulating all of the Chaldea base, which is a pretty damn large area. You can't just say "but wait! it'll be obvious once it starts!" because that's literally the opposite of foreshadowing. Couple that with the fact that even the tiny prologue we got was rather explicit about how this is some side content we have to do before we can continue with the main plot (which is literally the part with the Marisbury info you want, like that's straight up the only thing remaining in the main story). It is such obvious padding because of an increasingly worse output from the developer side (delays upon delays, LB7 literally released unfinished in many areas, etc etc) so that they can put out some smaller filler chapters and buy them time to make the big chapters for the main story (spoilers: it'll be all the same anyway).

More specifically, what gets people isn't that it's filler content, or that it comes out of nowhere. These are just additional points of frustration, but not the root cause. After all, EoR didn't get this reception. The difference there is of course that EoR came after the first arc concluded. Sure, you could say there were a few loose threads remaining that needed to be resolved, but for all intents and purposes, Goetia's arc was over, with a literal credits scene and everything. Part 2 isn't over. The Lostbelt arc is over, sure, because now the point was that we would head into Chaldea, but we're approaching the climax of the whole arc here and they just go "no, you need to do this side stuff first".

That's why people are mad at this.

Also, if you want me to prove you wrong that the 3 chapters will release this year, and the first one before the collab, I don't need to point any further than the release schedule precedent of this game. On average, if you include the smaller-scale "event" chapters that count to main story technically, it takes 5 whole months for them to put out a chapter. That's two chapters a year, tops. Do you think they just magically got super good at production and will pump out content like crazy? Lostbelt 7 was a production mess overall, and the sheer amount of open positions at the company tells us they're either bleeding staff or are simply severely understaffed already. There's nothing about the last whole year that should give any confidence that they would turn this trend around.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's literally nothing in the prologue about Lostbelt servants, no idea where you're getting that from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

IIRC Manga de Wakaru collab started late April right? Taking into account that this White Day event ends on April 7th, there's not enough time to add anything in between. It's basically impossible with their current pacing.

Blog Entries
    It seems like a pathetic attempt to drag on, that's all. Eventually, we need to see how good the script is.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Prototype content? Saver? TAMAMO VITCH??????
    How much copium can you fit in one post holy shit
    People still thinking there will be new Tamamo content in FGO after Tunguska, lmao.
    Ordeal Call just feels like EoR 2.0 except done right before the climax because Lasengle really wants to drag this kusoge for it's money's worth as much as they can. At least Nasu will be free to write Tsukihime I guess. And there's a chance for Rani to get some nice writing for once instead of getting killed in most EXTRA works.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    but we're approaching the climax of the whole arc here and they just go "no, you need to do this side stuff first".
    Imagine if later on after they released all these chapters, they straight up tell you that you don't need to clear any of those to head to the final chapter, like Traum.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Imagine if later on after they released all these chapters, they straight up tell you that you don't need to clear any of those to head to the final chapter, like Traum.
    Expecting that tbh, given the EoR vibe.

Oh, that's absolutely gonna be the case. EoR has Shinjuku set up a lot of Moriarty and Holmes stuff, Shimousa has all the Musashi stuff pre part 2 alongside introducing Douman and the concept of Lostbelts before their actual reveal, Salem is literally the origin point of Foreigners, and yet these are all completely optional. Heian concludes a major character's arc = optional (retroactively, even, which is almost worse). Tunguska also concludes a major character's arc = optional. Traum has the Holmes stuff and huge main story importance at the end, but unlike Tunguska it doesn't even get to have the really important story bits be mandatory, it's just all optional.

For some reason, all they care about is just that players are caught up to the new shiny big release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Oh, that's absolutely gonna be the case. EoR has Shinjuku set up a lot of Moriarty and Holmes stuff, Shimousa has all the Musashi stuff pre part 2 alongside introducing Douman and the concept of Lostbelts before their actual reveal, Salem is literally the origin point of Foreigners, and yet these are all completely optional. Heian concludes a major character's arc = optional (retroactively, even, which is almost worse). Tunguska also concludes a major character's arc = optional. Traum has the Holmes stuff and huge main story importance at the end, but unlike Tunguska it doesn't even get to have the really important story bits be mandatory, it's just all optional.

For some reason, all they care about is just that players are caught up to the new shiny big release.
    I just don't understand, what does everyone expect from a graphomaniac? Mushroom writes a game story where 95% of it is Santa Barbara, and all the especially important moments are included in additional optional chapters instead of being in the core.

I think that's just a problem of not having enough players finishing all of the story as soon as they can or being unable to progress through the battles. That's an issue I see in some ongoing games with various solutions, like in FFXIV you can just purchase a key that lets you autocomplete a story arc to get to the latest expansion. Apparently FGO decided to go with blue cubes and skipping as many .5s (or .4 in Tunguska's case) as possible.

JP Friend Code
    Long gone the days they have pride about the story being the core appeal. Back in part 1 we have sorta matching events of the ingame time and IRL like Solomon Temple has to be finished b4 the end of the year. It was so important to them that they willing to let NA lag behind for 2 years, change the time in the story to +2 years. Then comes part 2 and it became impossible to time release dates with ingame events anymore. And we now reach the point of letting players skip chapters, pad out the story with fillers, spreading plot points across more chapters to keep the main story going for as long as they can make money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastor View Post
    I think that's just a problem of not having enough players finishing all of the story as soon as they can or being unable to progress through the battles. That's an issue I see in some ongoing games with various solutions, like in FFXIV you can just purchase a key that lets you autocomplete a story arc to get to the latest expansion. Apparently FGO decided to go with blue cubes and skipping as many .5s (or .4 in Tunguska's case) as possible.
    Or just let players play any chapters they want, if players don't care about the main story anymore to complete them. Honkai did something like that. Usually each of their arcs last for like 2-3 chapters and you can just skip straight to the latest one (if you choose to play one arc you still need to clear their component chapters in order). They give you a "previously in the story" button that shows brief summary of what happened in the arcs before if you care enough.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested in the Avenger one but it's going to be written by Sakurai so I'm already disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    It's hard to say anything before we at least get the first chapter.

Beyond the excuse for it being dumb anyway, but maybe they'll be good despite the setup.