Page 192 of 782 FirstFirst ... 92142182187190191192193194197202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Of course, the problem is that if you give him Charisma and the canon-confirmed Prana Blast, you may as well just give him Instinct and call him Arturia at that point :/
    A clone is a clone? Generally if you clone something you want the previous thing again. Of course you could do stuff like reduce her instincts/charisma cause of her rage or something.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I bet she has that one skill that Lu Bu had. The anti Charisma skill that makes a traitor out of you.
    Rebellious Spirit? Possible. Though I think the meaning of the skill is the exact opposite why he/she betrayed Arturia in the first place (its because Mordred was fanatically trying to prove himself to Arturia, as opposed to the LONE WOLF style character that the skill seems to portray).

Mordred could get some sort of "mid-ranked" skill about leading the people into rebellion (typically against a tyrant) though, for extra hilarity.
    Last edited by Mellon; December 17th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    This is true, and originally what I had intended. Then I decided it was too many skills and cut back a lot. Mental Pollution could easily be replaced for something more unique though, it was a hold over from more naive early drafts where Mordred was an out and out bad person rather than morally complex, as well as a little side joke on how she is 100% certain she's a man, but that's not so much mental pollution as it is misled beliefs. I could probably come up with some sort of interesting homunculus-type skill for her to replace it, and it would probably be more suitable.

Blog Entries
    I'd keep the Mental Pollution...

Great Mordred, by the by.
    Last edited by Matsu; December 17th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.
    Now, drink up! Surely you know, there’s always the best time to be had
    in that dangerously intoxicating state, right on the border of consciousness.

Mental Pollution is for stuff like being unable to understand people on a fundamental level. It's crazy people, not evil people.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    I know. It could be interesting if that worked to strengthen his bond with his Master.
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.

Blog Entries
    Well, in the very earliest concepts of my now-defunct scribblings, lMordred actually was rather a nasty piece of work. As the scribblings developed he became a bit more of a grey character rather than a flat betrayer slimeball, but the Mental Pollution stayed. I'm in the process of replacing it with some more unique skills, however.

Blog Entries
    Updated Mordred based on the suggestions and helpful feedback I've received from you guys. One new skill to represent his homunculus body, and one new skill that could be used as a generic skill if needed, but in this particular case applies to the way Mordred had developed in my concepts, as a knight who didn't simply betray Arturia for a chance at kinghood, but as a knight who did what he did partially because he believed it was to the benefit of the people, and partially because the people believed in him as the superior king. I think it meshes nicely with all the grief we see Arturia go through in Zero and FSN about how she was not in touch with her people.

Yes, Glory of the People's Adoration is wonderfully ambiguous about the exact requirements of support for it to be used well. I think the new idea here would be for Mordred to go about forming alliances that can be trusted absolutely by swearing oaths on the Sword of Peace, which contributes to the number of supporters he needs to make Glory of the People's Adoration a viable skill. Also, GotPA serves as a replacement Charisma, since texts indicate he was pretty well-received by the people and probably something along those lines.

King of Traitors

Name:
    Mordred
    Class: Saber
    Other Classes: None

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: A++
    Luck: D

Class Skills:

Riding (B): Mordred is able to ride natural beasts of any sort, but cannot ride any sort of Phantasmal Beast. He is also quite capable of driving mechanical vehicles.

Magic Resistance (B+): Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Personal Skills:

Accelerated Development (C): As a homunculus and a magically-influenced clone of Arturia Pendragon, Mordred grew and learned rapidly, developing at a rate about three times as fast as a normal human, and learned at an even faster rate. This ability to rapidly absorb and comprehend significant amounts of information is an aspect of Mordred’s homunculus mind, and in everyday use it allows him to quickly learn new skills and information. Enough encounters with a particular skill, whether it be mundane or technical, allows Mordred to learn that skill at Rank E, as long as it is a skill that can feasibly be learned with enough practice Given enough time, Mordred could rapidly Rank Up these learned skills, but an ordinary Grail War does not grant him the time to do so. In addition, this skill grants Mordred the capability to rapidly take in and process significant levels of sensory information, and an eidetic memory allows him to retain any such knowledge he gains from this rapid input.

Glory of the People’s Adoration (A): A skill that acts to negate Charisma of equal or lesser rank when the user has the support of an appropriate number of followers. Mordred was an extraordinary knight, all things considered. Even with his identity unknown he was so fair, so ideal a knight that he was selected as Arthur’s interned king when the Knights of the Round Table rode out to the edges of the kingdom to wage war. As the acting king, Mordred was well-loved and accepted by the people of Britain, far more than the ever-distant true king, Arturia. Where Arturia was the perfect king for her country, Mordred was regarded as the perfect king for his people, and so it was that his decision to take the throne of Britain permanently was both well-supported by the people, and in support of the people. At this highest of ranks the adoration of the people flow to Mordred and allow him to cancel out the effects of an opponent’s Charisma skill of equal or lower Rank, and in return the benefits flow back to the people through his glory, strengthening their morale and resolve while also providing boosts to their stamina, both physical and magical.

Protection from Wind (B): As Mordred's mother knew that he would one day fight King Arturia she prepared him with a charm to resist wind, in order to minimise the effects of Arturia’s Invisible Air technique. It almost completely nullifies damage from wind-based attacks and Mordred is able to move without impediment from winds pushing against him.

Prana Burst (A): His entire body is increased through a control of the internally residing prana flow and able to boost the power of his body, albeit only for temporary bursts. This also includes an increase in defense. Primarily seen in all his stats not adding much of another side effect, but reinforced weapons can destroy all normal weapons in just one blow. The downside is that he is strongly relying on mana and would be no more than human, if the amount happens to be too low.

Noble Phantasms

Clarent
    The Sword of Peace

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: When Uther Pendragon’s blade Caledfwlch was shattered it was reforged into Caliburn, but a single shard of it was instead melted down and mixed with new metal, then forged into Clarent, the blade of peace. This was a ceremonial blade to act as a partner to Arturia’s sword of battle, Caliburn, and was used for knighting great soldiers, along with other important ceremonial duties. Mordred used it during his period as interned king whilst Arturia was away fighting on the fringes of his kingdom, and has used the blade ever since.

The blade Clarent manifests its title of Sword of Peace through an unbreakable oath. When the sword is drawn anyone in the area able to see Clarent with his own eyes can ask an oath to be sworn, which the holder must always be a part of. If this oath is agreed upon then all those who formed the oath become sealed by it, an unbreakable vow that was used to ensure peace amongst nations in eras past. If one of the oathmakers breaks the oath then a duplicate of Clarent will immediately manifest itself within the traitor’s heart, causing a mortal wound. This is a manifestation that cannot be repelled by anything but the strongest of magecraft, and abilities like Magical Resistance do not prevent the ability, as it is a metaphysical piercing of the heart that transcends magecraft.

Clarent
    Traitorous Blade of the Coward Son

Description: At the Battle of Camlann the traitor knight Mordred slew King Arturia with Clarent, fating it to be known forevermore as the Slayer of the Once and Future King. As a Noble Phantasm it of average strength, though it does possess Rank D Anti-Dragon attributes thanks to the energies of Uther and Arturia Pendragon that have accumulated within the blade, alongside several enchantments applied to the sword by Mordred's villainous mother Morgan.

Additionally, through Mordred’s use of it to slay King Arturia there are two conditions upon which Clarent becomes more powerful. The first is that when attacking a Servant of notable royal heritage the blade ranks up, becoming Rank B and more successfully penetrates magical defenses. Secondly, the curse laid upon Clarent dictates that whoever kills its wielder will in the end be killed by Clarent regardless, completing the attack. Thus, the second condition is that if Mordred is slain in combat whilst utilising Clarent its power is upped to A++ and it will make a final deadly attack against Mordred’s killer, manifesting immediately in the form of the Sword of Peace’s heart-piercing oathbreaker punishment, amplified several-fold.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Glory of the People's Adoration.

Wow. That skill just fits so perfectly.

夜属 Nightkin
    Mordred essentially has the personal skill "The closer you are to being Arturia, the harder I kick your ass"

Wonder what Gil would think of him (are we supposed to refer to mordred as her?).

Also how in the hell do we NOT have Merlin as caster anywhere in this thread yet? Someone should get one that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    (are we supposed to refer to mordred as her?).
    Not unless you want her to kick your ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    Mordred essentially has the personal skill "The closer you are to being Arturia, the harder I kick your ass"

Wonder what Gil would think of him (are we supposed to refer to mordred as her?).

Also how in the hell do we NOT have Merlin as caster anywhere in this thread yet? Someone should get one that.
    Mordred being a walking Anti-Arturia weapon was the original idea behind the character's bio, so I'm glad that all comes across like that. Arturia should still win in the end thanks to Instinct, but if she does the result ends up the same as the Battle of Camlann thanks to the Traitorous Blade NP.

I'm not sure what Gil would think, honestly. Popular lore Mordred he's probably hate, some traitor child who took the kingdom for petty selfish reasons. Mine, who is meant to be a "king for the people"? I'm not sure. I think he'd probably like her though, he seemed to like Iskander for similar reasons and canon sources seem to indicate he really did care for and like his people.

I dunno why nobody else has made a Merlin, but I know why I haven't. One, he's not dead, two he'd probably be somewhat boring to make. I'd prefer to write up Myrddin or Taliesin, his literary progenitors, rather than some archetypical Merlin.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I thought in Fate canon he was supposed to be obsessed with the throne because as a homonculous he always craved Arturia's approval and wanted to be accepted. Or at least that's what I read on his wiki~

Anyway the rest is good. I like the skills.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Oh, he is. I just took the angle that once he took up the job of temporary king, he realised that he was really good at it and the people were happier than they had been while under Arthur. So everything was falling in his favour in terms of him deciding to usurp his father. Then Camlann happened and everything went to hell.

Blog Entries
    I'm making another servant, and I would appreciate a little help.

Under what category (Anti-???, Support, RM, et cetera) would a NP that summons a horde of succubi to go out on the grail's battlefield city to seduce and kill human males to stockpile massive Prana reserves for their master, a Servant?

Also, even without the mental pollution, that's still a nice Mordred.

Blog Entries
    Excellent, I finally have a certified format for posting my Servants in. I went back and editted all my old ones posted here. By god, I have tried out a lot of different formatting options throughout those bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddman View Post
    I'm making another servant, and I would appreciate a little help.

Under what category (Anti-???, Support, RM, et cetera) would a NP that summons a horde of succubi to go out on the grail's battlefield city to seduce and kill human males to stockpile massive Prana reserves for their master, a Servant?
    Really depends. Succubi are demons and that's already pretty powerful if you're summoning them, regardless of the type. The exact type depends on how your NP operates exactly though. If the succubi will attack any and all men, it could be easily labelled as an Anti-Army NP. If it's perhaps only a small handful and they're not really attacking as such so much as leeching a bit of energy to bring back to the Servant, it's probably more support. If they can be used to attack a Servant I'd definitely rank it as Anti-Army.

- - - Updated - - -

To be really technical Support isn't even a canon type of Phantasm. It's either Anti-Unit, Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress or Barrier/Bounded Field for the most part. Also Anti-World, Anti-Life and other such more specific Anti-X types, but Support not so much. Usually what people call Support is either the Barrier type or Anti-Unit targeting Self or Allies, essentially. That being said, you can have Anti-Army phantasms that are purely supporting too, and the like, so there's no real definition for Support as a type.

Blog Entries
    Hm... Thank you.

Blog Entries

Oddman's Servant Series | Entry #2: Assassin (prototype)

© elseeker
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Stats:
    Strength: D (C)
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: A+
    Able to become one with the night, this skill makes it possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected, although efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. Only active at night.

Personal Skills:

Information Erasure: B+
    Due to her myth being largely excluded from major Mythological texts, she has the effect of "fading away" from the memories of other's. The effect is subconscious giving her little if any control over it. This effect is enforced even within digital recordings by a closed-circuit camera in broad daylight. However, evidence of the engagement is not removed from the scene, and by way of logical deduction, the Servant's identity may be revealed, but even then, knowledge of previous battles with them will be forgotten.

Monstrous Strength: B (A++)
    After centuries of fornicating with and bearing the young of primordial demons and phantasmal beasts, she naturally developed traits of said "beasts", namely, their awesome physical strength. The true nature of the ability would allow her to take on a more demonic form, and give her strength which would rival that of a certain Greek hero, however, being summoned as an assassin* as having the full extent of this strength unleashed would hardly be suitable for stealth, the only way it manifests itself is a rank up in strength.

Familiar Creation: C
    Having given birth to thousands of lilim* succubi, she retains the ability to call upon them at will. While none of the lilim that she birthed directly still exist in the present era, the spawn of their spawn's spawn still linger the Earth, offering themselves to Magi as Familiars, in exchange for certain "services". She can call forth any living lilim, and have it to do her bidding. Though effective useless in combat against a Heroic Spirit, they do have their uses.

Noble Phantams:

Lilim's Hunt: Delight of the Sacrilegious Daughter
    Type: Anti-Army
    This can be used either one of two ways:
    1) Using her Familiar Creation skill, she can call upon the lilim to go about the city to seduce males, who either mate with their victim or kill them. If they chose to merely mate, then the sexual energy stored up through coitus is converted into Prana, and offered to their Mother. If they chose to kill, they will bring the corpse back to their Mother as a sacrifice. Seeing as the latter method is more effective in gaining Prana, that is generally the one used. Assassin can use this to stockpile massive amounts of Prana, which she can either use herself, or transfer over to her Master.
    2) A particularly old, strong and intelligent lilim can be called upon, given a specific task to target an opposing male master. They will then take on the form of the Magi's ideal lover, and then seek to seduce them, only to kill them as soon as their guard is down. Would only work on Magi who are either young, inexperienced or gullible.
    They posses enough physical strength to overpower an average human, and some weaker Magi, but even in large numbers, they would not be more than a nuisance to a Heroic Spirit.

Lilith's Kiss: Decaying Touch of the Fallen
    Gathering all the feelings of negative emotions that she has experienced in her extensive life, especially hatred, she can focus it all into a single point, almost like a tangible curse. The point is conceptual, but generally is in effect on her lips. All she needs to do is lay a kiss on her target and their body will be injected with this tangible curse, this poisonous Prana, which will invariably cause their body to rapidly rot and decay.
    There is, however, a condition which must be met- the target must be male.

Real Identity:
    Shortly after Gaia's actualization as an existence, God created the first human, Adam out of the dust of the ground and then breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, causing him to become a living soul. God then placed Adam in the Garden of Eden, placing him above all other creatures. When they passed before him in pairs, male and female, Adam-being already like a twenty-year-old man felt jealous of their loves, and though he tried coupling with each female in turn, found no satisfaction in the act. He therefore cried: 'Every creature but I has a proper mate!', and prayed God would remedy this injustice.

God then formed Lilith, the first woman, just as He had formed Adam, except that He used filth and sediment instead of pure dust.

Adam and Lilith never found peace together; for when he wished to lie with her, she took offence at the recumbent posture he demanded. 'Why must I lie beneath you?' she asked. 'I also was made from dust, and am therefore your equal.' Because Adam tried to compel her obedience by force, Lilith, in a rage, uttered the magic name of God, rose into the air and left him.

Adam complained to God, who at once sent three Angels to fetch Lilith back. They found her beside the Red Sea, a region abounding in lascivious demons, to whom she bore children at the rate of more than one hundred a day. 'Return to Adam without delay,' the angels said, `or we will drown you!' Lilith asked: `How can I return to Adam and live like an honest housewife, after my stay beside the Red Sea?', 'It will be death to refuse!' they answered. `How can I die,' Lilith asked again, `when God has ordered me to take charge of all newborn children: boys up to the eighth day of life, girls up to the twentieth day. None the less, if ever I see your three names or likenesses displayed in an amulet above a newborn child, I promise to spare it.' To this they agreed; but God punished Lilith by making one hundred of her demon children perish daily; and if she could not destroy a human infant, because of the angelic amulet, she would spitefully turn against her own.

Thus she lived, and escaped the curse of death which overtook Adam, since they had parted long before the Fall. For centuries, she wondered the Earth, and her legend spread, strangling infants and seducing dreaming men, any one of whom, sleeping alone, may became her victim. She was eventually killed by a European Magus in the 12th century.

This is a draft. I'm wanting to improve her a bit... Constructive criticism would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Matsu; December 18th, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm liking this one. Everything makes a lot of sense and is explained well. If anything I think she's a tad weak, considering first women and all, though I suppose she might have lost some of that in return for her demonic/monstrous abilities.

夜属 Nightkin
    am I the only one who reads "birthed HUNDREDS per day" and then look at C rank endurance thinking that is mite low?

each rank is supposed to be the equivalent of 10 men/women IIRC, which means having the endurance to birth a Hundred things a day seems somewhere in the B-A range. Just saying

Also if we are assuming the lilim she can call the services of provide her with SIGNIFICANT mana (not sure how much that is) she should probably have a + in the mana parameter