Page 214 of 782 FirstFirst ... 114164204209212213214215216219224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Hm... Does Agravain have any named swords? It's a sort of a requirement for Sabers, though one of my sheets did manage to subvert it.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Agravain is actually a pretty interesting and well written Servant! Kudos.

And Gunbazca, isn't the only requirement for the Saber class to be skilled with a sword? I don't really think there are any restrictions on needing to own a legendary sword in order to be a Saber.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    And Gunbazca, isn't the only requirement for the Saber class to be skilled with a sword? I don't really think there are any restrictions on needing to own a legendary sword in order to be a Saber.
    Well, yeah, but the crystallization of that expertise should result in a named sword or at least technique, like Monohashizao/Tsubamegaeshi.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Wow, Agravain is actually a pretty interesting and well written Servant! Kudos.

Actually, to be a Saber you also need really high base parameters. Nasu mentions it again and again so he's really trying to hammer this home.

Sabre
    Knight of the Sword. The compatible Heroic Spirit naturally needs to possess legends as a knight of sword, as well as the highest levels of attributes in all but MGI. Class Abilities include Magic Resistance and Riding. Also, compatible Heroic Spirits usually excel in delivering powerful burst attacks.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    Well, yeah, but the crystallization of that expertise should result in a named sword or at least technique, like Monohashizao/Tsubamegaeshi.
    His sword isn't a Noble Phantasm. 8P
    Monohashizao is just a spirit weapon like Rider's nails.

I still defend that he makes a viable Saber, because honestly, he does have pretty good stats overall, and he is a knight skilled in the way of the sword. And Sabers possessing the highest level of attributes in all but MGI is just the Servant Container template. The stats are also affected by the Heroic Spirit in question. Arturia has A MGI, for one.

Blog Entries
    And Sabers possessing the highest level of attributes in all but MGI is just the Servant Container template.
    That's not the way it's worded. The qualifying spirits ought to have good parameters with that Magic exception - the container simply happens to work along the same lines.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    That's not the way it's worded. The qualifying spirits ought to have good parameters with that Magic exception - the container simply happens to work along the same lines.
    *shrugs*

My point being that not all Sabers have collective stats typical of a Saber and likewise for the rest of the classes.

Blog Entries
    I still defend that he makes a viable Saber, because honestly, he does have pretty good stats overall, and he is a knight skilled in the way of the sword. And Sabers possessing the highest level of attributes in all but MGI is just the Servant Container template. The stats are also affected by the Heroic Spirit in question. Arturia has A MGI, for one.
    Must have overall high attributes in everything but MGI doesn't mean they can't have high MGI, it means that MGI is optional. The other attributes being better than average is not optional.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Just playing with some ideas... My attempt on a Servant from historical Rome.

«Strength and victory!»

Name: Lucius Siccus Dentatus, Betrayed Soldier.
    Class: Archer. He also can be summoned as Lancer.
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral.

STR: B
    AGI: B
    CON: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: E
    NP: C+

Class Skills.

Magic Resistance.
    Rank «C»: Cancel spells of a chant with two-verses or below.

Independent Action
    Rank «B»: Can remain in the world for 2 days without a master. Also, can live for some time after the spiritual core is critically damaged.

Personal Skills.

Battle Concentration. Mastery of one-on-one combat. When attetion is fully concentrated on a single opponent, the Servant’s combat skills are increased significantly. On higher levels it becomes possible to negate effects which stems from special Skills of targeted opponent (such as sixth sense, precognition or unusual arms competency) by slight alternation in fighting style. However, the Servant becomes vulnerable to other opponents.
    Rank «A»: fighting ability sharply increased. Any special effects of combat-related Skills, such as Instinct, or Knowledge of Respect and Harmony are blocked.
    Dentatus served as champion of Roman army multiple times, and earned 8 coronae aureae (gold crowns) awarded for victory over enemy champion.

Battle Continuantion. Ability to stay alive.
    Rank «B»: Can keep on fighting even in half-dead state. Unless the wound is clearly fatal, it will not affect combat performance.
    During military carrier Dentatus was heavily injured many times, but still managed to continue fighting on his own feet. Roman historians note what he received 45 “honorable wounds” during the service.

Bravery. Ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and charm. Provides bonus effects of increasing melee damage.
    Rank «B»: Mental interference of B-rank and below is completely negated.
    Dentatus was known for personal courage. Amongst the Romans he was nicknamed «Roman Achilles» for his valor.

Noble Phantasms.
    Hasta Purae – Headless Arrows.
    Type: Anti-unit.

Noble Phantasm in form of 18 identical ceremonial silver javelins. As it name tells, it doesn’t have an nosepiece, and, thus, may appear rather harmless. Thrown against opponent, it transforms into glass-like solid barrier in close proximity. It’s especially effective when used against attacking foe, because in that case enemy basically throws itself against the wall. If the barrier is broken, the spear would also disappear, so this Phantasm should be used with certain amount of caution.
    Hastae are generally known as weapon for thrusting, as opposed to lancae and pilum, which were used as thrown weapons. However, this state of affairs was established in the middle of Republic period. In time of Dentatus it was common name for thrown spears. Hasta Pura was one of regalia used in military, and this Servant earned 18 of them.

Corona Obsidionalis – The Crown of Grass.
    Type: Anti-unit (targets user)

The crown made from plants taken from the field of battle. Only officers whose actions saved many soldiers (at least as much as entire legion) were awarded with these symbols. If the deed was truly heroic, and the person was worthy, powerful mystery can be activated.
    This Noble Phantasm can be invoked only when facing challenge which is truly beyond Servant. When activated, his STR, END and AGI are increased by one rank, and almost unlimited amounts of magical energy are availible for duration of a battle.
    Corona Obsidionalis, also known as Blockade or Grass crown was the highest and the rarest of all military decorations in Roman republic. It’s pretty certain what history this symbol can be traced back to ancient rituals of Latin people, which were used to praise heroes.

Background.

Famous military hero of Rome, who lived in 5th century BC. He fought in 120 battles, was primuspilus (senior centurion), and became tribune in 454 BC, as spokesman for plebeians in their efforts to fight against patricians rule. He was a skilled warrior, who participated in many combats and fought valiantly in numerous conflicts. However, he wasn’t as good in politics, as he was on battlefield, so after his tribunate he was murdered for his opposition to the decemvirs. It’s believed that Quintus Fabius Vibulanus, Roman Consul of that time, was behind this.
    His mentality is more of a «soldier», than a «hero». He doesn’t have strong sense of chivalry, but believes in subordination and rather simple warrior ethos. He is ruthless in combat, but loyal to his comrades and obedient to authorities. However, due to the circumstances of his death he despises power-hungry people, and will not tolerate social discrimination. This may cause strain in relationship with Master, if his goals are too ambitious.
    His main weapon is spear (he uses one at time). While Hasta Purae are mainly projectiles, he also uses them in melee. Because of this habit and high Parameters, it is possible to mistook him for a Lancer (at least, initially). As in life, he can be easy target for assassination (when “locked on” a single opponent, he is extremely defenseless against anyone else). He also believes that woman cannot be a good warrior; no matter how famous she is, so he may take female Servants lightly.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; January 20th, 2013 at 04:13 AM.

I'm trying to stat Napoléon, and I'm having trouble coming up with a NP. I've got two ideas, and I want someone's opinion on how much bull it would be if the Rosetta Stone granted access to the Unified Language, or some other 'magic' language.

Blog Entries
    You should give him cannon, he was famed for being an artillery officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's Greek and Egyptian, and it is not even lost. There's no legend about it, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    You should give him cannon, he was famed for being an artillery officer.
    And make him 5 feet tall, because legend has it.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ROOOOOOOOME

NAPOLEOOOOOON
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Its actually very plausible that legends can alter the abilitys of summoned servants, with it actually being cannon that multiple facets of a servant being capable of existing (good and evil aligned sabers in the 3 HGW), or servants having nps that didn't actually exist for them in life (isksander, fate/zero assassin having multiple bodies, etc). Legends have power, and beliefs can be made into fact within the existence of heroic spirits so its not impossible to make the leap for someone said to 'know all languages' to also know the unified language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Generally to an insignificant degree, and when it's not, it tends to be because that it's degraded them. If it were possible to give someone the Unified Language who lived millennia after its time (and your underestimation of UL is one of the levels of 'no') would require that they had incredibly wide-spread fame for linguistic talent. Gwrhyr isn't world-wide famous by any stretch. He's not known to a significant level around Britain, and even Wales would be asking too much. No, completely beyond my suspension of disbelief.
    While I agree his language prowess granting him the UL may be a little too wanked (High-Speed Divine Words at best, since he's a Caster), I would hardly call Knight of Honor "an insignificant degree". Making anything you touch into a Noble Phantasm is pretty impressive given it came from a single story in which he temporarily fought off an ambusher using a tree branch. I'm not going to even get into the mess that is Nine Lives; how does a guy who never actually existed (and is only an HS because of the stories about him) get an NP for a fighting style he created that no one has ever heard of? Or Rider's Bloodfort...

@ sutaa - I love this guy! I can just picture him pissing people off left and right and having a damn good time of it. Plus, its neat that he's a Saber who doesn't rely on a haxx sword.

@ Blastedspider - Pretty cool dude. The barrier creating spears are an interesting trick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I'm not going to even get into the mess that is Nine Lives; how does a guy who never actually existed (and is only an HS because of the stories about him) get an NP for a fighting style he created that no one has ever heard of? Or Rider's Bloodfort...
    While I can't claim anything on Blood Fort, Nine Lives isn't much of a mess. He's famous for coming up with a method to slay the Hydra. Nine Lives is just the embodiment of the trick. Whether no one has ever heard of Nine Lives or not, slaying the Hydra was a famous part of his legend and the Servant comes with a method for doing so.

I honestly suspect Noble Phantasms are at least partially created by the Grail - like how it spat out Gilles with a NP that wasn't even his belonging to someone who wasn't famous enough to be recorded in the Throne as well (Prelati's spellbook). That kind of felt like the Grail reverse-engineering a skill out of the legend it had to work with, didn't it?
    Last edited by Sunny; January 19th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    That kind of felt like the Grail reverse-engineering a skill out of the legend it had to work with, didn't it?
    No? Just because the book belonged to Prelati in life doesn't mean it isn't Caster's legitimate NP. Gilles is rather well known for his ritual child-sacrificing, demon summoning escapades with his Good Friend, Prelati.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I'm not going to even get into the mess that is Nine Lives; how does a guy who never actually existed (and is only an HS because of the stories about him) get an NP for a fighting style he created that no one has ever heard of? Or Rider's Bloodfort...
    Nine lives is an actual thing, i think your referring to Tsubame Gaeshi, and you just got confused.

And riders blood fort is an actual thing also, its a manifestation of the bounded field that was on the island she resided on during life.

Finally with the HSDW thing, that actually works differently for the fact that the words actually carried power during the time in which they where used. And since Caster is not from the times in which they where used he cannot invoke the power they have.

The unified language is something that still has power in this day and age, even if near impossible to get, because it is part of every human at their core and so is technically something he can have due to influence from his legend. And in all honesty, its not something he would use unless as a last resort and even then normally just to coerce them to leave or ally with him, and even then the words have to be heard and spoken to have an effect, so fast servants can kill him before he says a word, or servants with ranged attacks can just pick him off.

Edit: you have to take the context of where the skill would be applied, like lets say you have a dagger that should it get a deep cut it will instantly kill anything. At face value this is op, but then you relies that there are servants with range attacks, or longer reaching weapons, that overall make a dagger kinda shit when it comes to combat making the whole power the the dagger irreverent. Combat is not simple, and most abilities can be contracted in a rather simplistic way making them potentially become non factors after the ability is identified.
    Last edited by Knick; January 19th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    No? Just because the book belonged to Prelati in life doesn't mean it isn't Caster's legitimate NP. Gilles is rather well known for his ritual child-sacrificing, demon summoning escapades with his Good Friend, Prelati.
    How can it be his legitimate NP when he's not even meant to qualify for the Caster container though? It feels weird that the Grail/Throne had something pre-prepared for "just in case of huge glitch, break this glass."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    How can it be his legitimate NP when he's not even meant to qualify for the Caster container though? It feels weird that the Grail/Throne had something pre-prepared for "just in case of huge glitch, break this glass."
    A knight can't have a book that summons demons?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A knight can't have a book that summons demons?
    That'd be as crazy as an Archer swinging swords.