Page 350 of 782 FirstFirst ... 250300340345348349350351352355360400450 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I do remember that, I wonder what happened to that. Why, what are you implying Petri? A "No Avenger, Ruler or Saver plz" guideline?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well there was some stuff about only the knight classes being guaranteed but with Extra and Zero that seems to have been long forgotten.
    Last edited by BlackField; August 8th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I do remember that, I wonder what happened to that. Why, what are you implying Petri? A "No Avenger, Ruler or Saver plz" guideline?
    Well it would be useful, you'd hope. Maybe then we could spend more time criticising stuff like creativity, conceptual integrity, writing competency instead of nitpicking technical details.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    For goodness sake, make a damn rulebook already!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We're discussing it! Be patient.

Blog Entries
    1)Don't even attempt to rival Gilgamesh, let alone make a Gilgamesh killer. Its just completely retarded. Like so retarded that you'll never be able to make a point again without being laughed at.
    2)Don't give people stats on the level of Herakles' unless they are one of the most famous, oldest guys in history with a legend featuring them killing dragons/armies/lifting the heavens.
    3)Don't make NPs as powerful as Excalibur unless its one of the most famous, oldest weapons in history featuring a legend with it killing dragons/gods/divine beasts.
    4)Don't make a caster better than Medea, unless they are about 2k years older than her.
    5)Don't give them a reality marble.

Oh wait, this is for being included in the OP. Oh well, Petri gonna be a dish.
    Last edited by BlackField; August 8th, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Petri gonna be a dish.
    ???

Blog Entries

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And what a fine dish it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Stuff you should do to make a Servant:
    -Pick a mythological or historical (or really old literary) figure. THIS IS NOT THE MODERN FICTION SERVANT THREAD (although these guidelines should work with modern fiction servants).

-Research. Don't just wiki up one page and then get to work. There's a good chance that your chosen Servant's tale will be online somewhere; if it isn't, stop by a library. Read the source material! If a Servant related to yours appears in a Nasuverse work, read that too (A Servant Roland would wield Durandal. Proto (actual?) Durandal is one of the swords Gilgamesh launches. A Servant that Roland defeated could have a conceptual weakness against an attribute that Durandal possesses. Ferdíad should have stats roughly around Cu Chulainn's, but probably with lower AGI, since Cu manages to jump on his shield.).

-Format your Servant sheet properly. A Servant sheet should contain, at the very minimum, a name, stats, Skills, and Noble Phantasms. Don't get them all mixed up. Write out the effects of your skills, bold titles, space things properly. If you don't, all your comments will be about your format, rather than your Servant.

-Use understandable grammar. If you don't, any critique you get will be on your grammar instead of on your Servant.

-Stat Servants correctly. This deserves another post to itself, but the basic rule is older = higher stats.

Stuff you should not do:
    -Have more than one EX ranked anything. Gilgamesh, the first Heroic Spirit whose treasury contains the original Noble Phantasms, has one EX-ranked thing, Ea. Ea possesses the concept of "ripping the World apart/revealing the Truth behind the world/returning the World to the state before creation." Avalon, another EX ranked Noble Phantasm, has ridiculous regen and can isolate the owner from anything, an ability surpassing True Magic. Ionioi Hetairoi... You saw it animated. That's the kind of thing that EX should signify. EX ranks should be used sparingly and only for things that make the reader go HOLY ****.
    or for any old dragon.

-Have Army Summoning Noble Phantasms. Does your chosen Hero have the same connection to their troops as Iskander? Yes? Then symbolize it some other way! Have Leonidas gain the strength of three hundred men! Give Hannibal something with elephants, but then make it so that the act of summoning them would kill him and have them never be used! Make Zhuge Liang's Noble Phantasm appear as the ability to have an EX Army materialize out of nowhere when a Master views his sheet, but have it not actually exist! (Note. In stories where everyone has an army because you really really want to see famous generals/leaders fighting it out and are completely unapologetic about doing so, armies are nothing special and thus avert the copying of Zero Rider's Noble Phantasm for cheap thrills.)

-Use Reality Marbles, particularly those that include areas with traps. A Reality Marble is not a place that a Servant knew in life, but a materialization of their internal world. Also, everyone and their dog uses them.

Stuff you must never, ever do under any possible circumstances:
    -Create a Simo Hayha Servant.

Tl;dr: Make interesting, well thought-out Servants that aren't ridiculously overpowered.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; August 8th, 2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Avalon not wanked enough, added tl;dr

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Avalon, another EX ranked Noble Phantasm, has ridiculous regen and puts the owner into another dimension to shield them, an ability bordering on True Magic.
    It actually surpasses true magic, not borders it.

It is not just putting something into another dimension, but rather complete isolation for everything.
    Last edited by Knick; August 8th, 2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Well ... Caster Servants (or some transhuman existences) possessing a Reality Marble is reasonable to some degree. But even then, a vanilla Boundary Field seems more likely, I guess.

Treat rules in the Should Not Do section as very strong requests. It's (probably) possible to make a wonderful Servant that violates them, but it isn't very likely, particularly for the people who should read things like this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not complicated enough, 3/10 see me after class.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
    Well ... Caster Servants (or some transhuman existences) possessing a Reality Marble is reasonable to some degree. But even then, a vanilla Boundary Field seems more likely, I guess.
    Medea is able to create something like a Reality Marble, but only after many months (at least) of work it seems. I get the feeling Reality Marble's are sort of a newish thing relative to the total timeline. Why bother overwriting reality to get a single super effect when you can have many super effects based in the current ruleset because you rock because the time you came from rocks?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Not complicated enough, 3/10 see me after class.
    Okay.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Okay.
    (watch your anus)
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The oldest “weapon of an era” type Servant.

Class: Warship
    True Name: The Mary Rose
    Alignment: Unaligned Unaligned

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: E
    NP: C

CLASS SKILLS

Terminal: B
    The skill inherently imbued in mindless weapons of war, it is the absolute necessity for the qualification of an inanimate object as a “weapon of an era” worthy of being known as a Heroic Spirit. In effect, a “terminal”, also known as Mary Rose, is created for the benefits of the Master, that they may adequately command the vessel even with no nautical experiences. The terminal itself appears as an ambiguously gendered humanoid creature wearing the uniform of a midshipsman.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Mastery (Sailing): A
    At this rank, The Terminal alone can operate the Warship that would normally needed 400 people to crew with eminent maneuverability. In addition, any aversive effects, including NPs, with the quality <<Storm>>, <<Water>>, or other of such ilks can be easily avoided.

Mastery (Gunnery): A
    At this rank, the 91 cannons of the Ship can be directed in a precise manner, more akin to laser-guided missiles than anything else. The range, reload time, and damage are also drastically increased. The 24 anti-ship class guns functions as an Anti-Ship C+ NP, while the 67 anti-personnel guns functions as an Anti-Unit D+ NP. The pluses bonuses are applied when the guns are used against opponents at sea.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Tragedy at Solent
    Type: Anti-Fleet/Unit

The materialization of the great tragedy, wherein what should have been the triumphant battle of a great war-ender vessel turns into a tragic farce, of which only 35 of 415 crewsmen whose bears the hope of a nation within their breast died senselessly. Upon invocation, the NP manifest itself as a gate, wherein came a torrent of localized, moving body of water enough to support the Mary Rose, allowing it to engage in land-bound conflict rather than be confined to the sea and rivers. Its true effect, however, is far more insidious. With no exception, all invocation of a NP within 3 nautical miles of the Mary Rose is met with calamitous failure, afflicting the offending HS with 92% worth of health damage. The invocation of this NP is inevitably accompanied by the sinking of Mary Rose, and it may only act for 5 turns before ultimately vanishing. Note that the water is not spawned, rather having been taken from a mixture of air condensation and from the Solent channel. The dematerialization of the Heroic spirit and thus deactivation of the NP would likely causes flooding in the general area.
    Last edited by Aodyssey; August 8th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like that Terminal thing!
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    (watch your anus)
    I need to get my grades up or I'll be kicked out! I wonder if there's anything I can do.