Page 439 of 782 FirstFirst ... 339389429434437438439440441444449489539 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Probably excluded because modern technology. Also pretty far from "the one and only".
    He gets in because he rushed out the door first and now everybody on the planet knows his name, and nobody but nerds even remembers who the other guys in that rocket were without checking Wikipedia. Also he was pretty good with a trumpet.
    Last edited by Mcjon01; May 14th, 2014 at 01:08 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    He gets in because he rushed out the door first and now everybody on the planet knows his name, and nobody but nerds even remember who the other guys in that rocket were without checking Wikipedia. Also he was pretty good with a trumpet.
    Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, I'm a nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins.
    And you're a nerd. Everybody here is a nerd so nobody here can disprove my argument.

Blog Entries
    He gets in because he rushed out the door first and now everybody on the planet knows his name, and nobody but nerds even remembers who the other guys in that rocket were without checking Wikipedia. Also he was pretty good with a trumpet.
    But my memory of him is overwritten by a Metal Gear boss.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    But my memory of him is overwritten by a Metal Gear boss.
    That just makes him a deadlier Servant!

Blog Entries
    That just makes him a deadlier Servant!
    So his Noble Phantasm is to punch you to the moon with the power of nanomachines.

Makes sense.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

We don't know if CCC Caster is actually a legit Heroic Spirit, I think. Moon Cell has records of people that aren't.
    Yeah, I just mean that I think Disney or Einstein could probably skate by on the same looser rules that the Moon Cell uses, meaning a Servant stat sheet is still fine even if they may or may not be Heroic Spirits. The original question was about heroic spirits specifically, but in the context of this thread I figured that the more important thing is whether it'd be possible under the setting at all.

Don't some people remember Buzz Aldrin at least, even if for no other reason than being called Buzz?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of which, i wonder if the Boss might actually qualify as HS material. Shes famous enough, and has lots of amazing feats, not to mention beeing the unofficial first women in space in-universe.

Also Einstein's NP would be his tongue.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Thank you, because now I'm imagining genderbent HS Alberta Einstein.
    I picture Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I picture Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho.
    Seems relatively appropriate.

Badum-tish

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Because I apparently have a love affair with weak Berserkers, here's a weird one. Combat effective? Not at all. Useful? Probably not. Obscure? Oh yes.

Suibhne
    Mad King of Ulster

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: None

Parameters:
    STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: E
    Appearance

Background
    Background
    Once a king of Dál nAraidi, a kingdom of Ulster in Ireland in the first century CE, Berserker’s true identity is that of Suibhne, a king driven mad by the curse of a saint. Suibhne was a pagan king in a time when Christianity was just starting to find roots in Ireland, and by all accounts he was a king of poor composure, unruly and prone to fits of temper through his own sense of entitlement.

When Suibhne heard that a church was to be built on his land by a Christian bishop, Saint Ronan, he stormed over to where he could hear the church bell tolling, in such a rage that even his wife snatching his cloak away from him would not stop him. He showed up at the work site completely naked, seething with anger, and confronted Ronan, throwing his Psalter into a lake as well as forbidding the construction from continuing. He was about to throw the saint into the lake as well when a messenger showed up to advise him of a battle that was about to take place in another section of his kingdom.

Suibhne rushed to the battle, along with the bishop, and when he arrived he snatched up his spear and armour, preparing for combat, while Ronan blessed his troops with Holy Water. However, Suibhne took offence to this and when the Holy Water was thrown on him he lashed out, stabbing one of Ronan’s monks through the stomach and killing him.

Furious at the repeated impropriety of the pagan king, Ronan cursed him twofold, to wander as naked as he had appeared on the church’s grounds and to die by the spear as he himself had killed with it. When the battle began Suibhne found that the clashing of swords and spears against armor rang in his mind, as clear as the church bells, and insanity gripped him. As it did he transformed into a bird man and fled the scene of the battle, flying far away.

For seven years, Suibhne travelled Ireland before heading over to England, frequently morphing into his birdlike form until others managed to calm him and coax him from the trees he would perch in. He lost everything, his kingship, his land and his wife, and grew old and bitter. Eventually a British bishop took pity on him and asked one of his parish ladies to care for the strange old man. She did so dutifully, but her husband became jealous and ran Suibhne through with a spear, fulfilling the curse that Ronan had laid upon him so many years before.

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement
    Mental capacity is sacrificed in return for enhanced physical parameters. Cannot be disabled normally, and while active may inhibit some Personal Skills or Noble Phantasms.

• E++: Berserker is usually quite sane, though possessed of a wild and fearsome temper. When he gets worked up and angry Berserker gains a Rank Up to Strength. However, whenever Berserker hears a sharp metallic noise, such as a bell’s toll or the clash of swords, his curse activates and drives him into babbling madness, raising Strength and Endurance by one Rank and Agility by two ranks instead. Even when maddened into his babbling frenzy his words are poetic and full of vivid imagery, but they may contain little meaning of value.

Personal Skills
    Flight
    The ability to fly, whether through magical or mechanical means, usually granting good AGI and speed boosts to the Servant.

• C-: Berserker’s wings in his transformed state allow for faster movement and a seeming increase in agility thanks to the greater freedom of aerial movement when compared to land-based fighters. Except for fast escape and diving strikes this skill is not useful in combat as Berserker’s wings and arms are one and the same, preventing him from really utilising his weapon while in flight.

Independent Action
    The ability to remain autonomous even when rejecting or reducing the supply of prana from the Servant’s Master. Also allows the Servant to exist for a time without a Master at all.

• C: When Berserker was transformed by his curse he fled, wandering aimlessly for years, simply taking in the sights and in turn describing the places he had seen in poetry to others as a way of gaining lodgings or alms. His familiarity with lonesome wandering and surviving off the land as a birdbeast allows him to exist for up to a day without a Master.

Performance (Poetry)
    The ability to perform in some fashion in a way that can entertain, delight or even cast charms upon others.

• E- ~ D: Mostly ineffectual while in his human form, this skill is only of any real use while Berserker is transformed through the effects of Buile Suibhne. As a human his poetry comes only from his previous experiences and rings hollow and plain. It may be able to have some minor distracting effects against a regular human but is completely useless against any spiritual or magical being. Once transformed Berserker speaks in a litany of vivid imagery, capturing the mind with his poetic prose about the places he has been and the life he has lived. Anyone with a Rank E Magic Parameter and no way to resist mental influences will be enthralled by the stories, becoming distracted and inattentive. However, Berserker taking actions that are clearly threatening will break the charm instantly. Mental influence on the level of a very basic charm or binding spell, most magi should be able to resist or at least weaken the effects of this ability.

Weapons and Equipment
    Berserker bears as his weapon a spear of Irish make, reminiscent of more famous Celtic spears in its organic, almost thorny, appearance. It is black as a raven’s feathers and sturdy, but bears no special traits about it.

Buile Suibhne
    Curse of Frenzied Madness

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Target: 1
    Range: 0

The only Noble Phantasm that Berserker bears is the curse that was laid upon him by the Saint Ronan after his multiple insults and attacks against Ronan’s faith and his people. The Noble Phantasm mainly takes the form of several negative modifiers against Berserker’s body, but does provide some benefits in combat as well.

The first component of Berserker’s curse is his inability to freely wear clothes, as he was cursed to wander the world naked and exposed. He can wear clothes as a Servant, however in doing so all of his Parameters are Rank Down while he wears them.

The second component of his curse was that he would die by the spear, as he had killed one of Ronan’s monks with a spear himself. Though this certainty of death was resolved when Berserker was killed in life, he still exhibits a weakness against spears and other similar weapons, such that they will Rank Up the damage they can deal to him as a matter of course.

The most noticeable aspect of this curse of madness, however, is tied into the effect of his Mad Enhancement. When he hears any sharp metallic noise, such as bells, weapons clashing or the like, Berserker undergoes a drastic transformation from a normal man into a terrible birdman, his face distorting to possess a beak, his fingers and toes becoming talons and his arms sprouting feathers and becoming more like wings. This beastly form enhances his Parameters as noted in his Mad Enhancement skill, and while in this form he also gains Rank E Dread Scream, in the form of a bird’s piercing shriek, as well as Natural Weapon at Rank D, allowing him to use his talons and his sharp beak as spiritual weapons alongside his regular spear.

This transformation will last until he is able to be calmed from his babbling, insane state, or can be closed off by use of a Command Seal if absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 24th, 2014 at 12:53 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    So, a naked birdmen flyign around, plus that faceclaim... good nightmares.

When the battle begins, Suibhne went insane. His weapons drop, and he begins to levitate like a bird.
    Can you imagine the reactions of the other warriors? Massive WTF, I'd say.

The second component of his curse was that he would die by the spear
    This is your time to shine, Lancer.

Personally, I think his transformation into a birdmen would boost his AGI more, rather than other parameters.

Also, why not, maybe his "bird-madness" can be made into a low-rank NP that might stun the opponent, with a poetic bird-like singing. Dunno.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    So, a naked birdmen flyign around, plus that faceclaim... good nightmares.
    He's designed to be offputting, yes. If you got him as a Master you'd be fucked. Naked crazy birdman who runs away from the battles while blabbering poetry is not an ideal Servant for a Grail War.

Can you imagine the reactions of the other warriors? Massive WTF, I'd say.
    "Saber, I have no idea what I just saw. But let us agree to never speak of this again."

"Agreed, Master. This is the wisest course of action."

"Also, I think he pooped on you as he flew away."

"MOTHERFU-"

This is your time to shine, Lancer.
    Hooray! And then someone else killsteals by using a spear as another class. EMIYA would be that kind of asshole.

Personally, I think his transformation into a birdmen would boost his AGI more, rather than other parameters.
    Good point. Now he gets 2 ranks to Agility when he transforms. Also I lowered his base Agility by a rank, so nothing changes in the end, whoo!

Also, why not, maybe his "bird-madness" can be made into a low-rank NP that might stun the opponent, with a poetic bird-like singing. Dunno.
    Doesn't feel enough like a Noble Phantasm to me. Between Performance and Dread Scream his bird-nonsense gibberish disorienting the opponent is fairly well covered I think. Just doesn't seem major enough to justify a Noble Phantasm.

Does Samuel Wilson (AKA Uncle Sam) have the potential to become a Heroic Spirit even though he did nothing notable in his life? His entire rise to fame being a poster boy for American recruitment.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineDemon View Post
    Does Samuel Wilson (AKA Uncle Sam) have the potential to become a Heroic Spirit even though he did nothing notable in his life? His entire rise to fame being a poster boy for American recruitment.
    Stupid idea incoming:

So Samuel Wilson was a meatpacker who sent barrels of beef to soldiers by train. As a result, he's a Rider with multiple abilities. He can throw barrels of beef at people as weapons, spawn loyal American soldiers, and can conscript people who eat his beef into the American military under his command.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and maybe run people over with a train.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Heroic Spirit? Maybe. Servant? Doubt it. Even a HS is pretty much unlikely given how he never did anything and the fact that legends aren't misattributed to him (nobody believes an actual single guy called Uncle Sam is doing all these military acts). At an absolute stretch you could maybe finangle him as a Caster, but I doubt he'd fit in well as any type of Servant.

Blog Entries
    I got bored so you guys get a Servant. Too many Noble Phantasms for a relatively obscure guy, but hey, whatever. Having just a sword for his NP is dull. Gotta be honest, I'm actually a big fan of this sheet, and I don't know why, given that there's nothing particularly special or clever about it.

Helgi Hjorvardsson
    The Silent Hero

Class: Saber
    Alternate Classes: None

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

Background
    The son of an ancient Norwegian king called Hjorvadr, Saber was born without a name and without a word, living his childhood in silence. As the son of a king he was trained as a warrior and in his youth he excelled, but failed to ever utter a word, simply watching and learning as his father pressed forward with a number of campaigns and political matters. At the time a great war was occurring, between his father’s kingdom and the army of King Hrodmarr, who desired Saber’s mother and had burnt her homeland to the ground in an effort to gain her by force. Saber believed that he would one day engage in battle against Hrodmarr in his father’s name, but as he was mute he feared that the day would never come.

One day, however, Saber encountered a band of nine valkyrie and was entranced by them. Their leader, the beautiful shield-maiden Svafa, took his hand and spoke with him, but when he did not respond she decided to name him Helgi. Before this moment he had never held a name, and in being given a name he was also gifted with presents from Svafa, a barrow full of swords that he could have his pick of. When she offered these gifts to him, Helgi was overwhelmed, and suddenly announced that he would not take her gifts if he could not also have her hand in marriage, such was her beauty. Stunned by his own words, Helgi came to value Svafa even more than he had before, as it had been her beauty that finally encouraged his dumb tongue to form words.

Finally able to speak, Helgi confronted his father, asking why he had not yet avenged the burning of his mother’s homeland, or the death of her father, who had also been a king. King Hjorvadr felt shamed by his son’s words, and so assigned him a war-band to fight against Hrodmarr. Helgi took this opportunity to go and claim the magical weapon Ormrbrandr that Svafa had bestowed upon him, and with Svafa helping to protect him and his war-band he was able to defeat and kill the wicked King Hrodmarr. In returning Hrodmarr’s riches to his father, Helgi became the most favoured of his sons, and a renowned warrior of the lands.

Later adventures saw Helgi killing a jotun and outwitting the jotun’s daughter in a poetry recital, and winning several other battles with his loyal band of warriors, before finally winning Svafa’s hand in marriage. All seemed well for Helgi, but his brother spurned the advances of a troll woman and in doing so was cursed to suffer a terrible regret in the upcoming Yuletide festivities. Helgi’s brother made a vow that Svafa would be his during a sacred Yuletide ritual, thoughtlessly tying Helgi’s fate to his own possession of Svafa in the future.

Helgi was soon challenged by the son of King Hrodmarr to a holmgang, a duel of honour, at Sigarsholm, the field where Helgi had first received his magical blade. During the battle Helgi was clearly the more skilled warrior, but his brother’s vow to have his wife caused the troll woman’s curse to manifest, allowing Hrodmarr’s son to mortally wound Helgi. Svafar was brought before Helgi before he died and he asked her to marry his brother and to carry on life without him, but after his passing Svafa soon died of grief herself.

As they were such noble and fine warriors, Helgi and Svafar would be reborn as the heroes Helgi Hundingsbane and Sigrun, who would in turn become reborn as Helgi Haddinjaskati and Kara, before finally ascending to the Throne of Heroes.

Class Skills

Magical Resistance
    Grants protection from magical effects. Capable of cancelling spells altogether instead of simply rejecting prana, at a high enough rank.

• C: A respectable level of protection from magic, which cancels thaumaturgy of two or fewer verses. However, it cannot stand against magic on the scale of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Riding
    The ability to ride steeds into battle or control vehicles with great skill.

• D: Not known as someone who often rode steeds into battle, Saber has a basic level of riding skill that will allow him to control any mundane vehicle or mounted beast with a reasonable level of control, but fails when he is faced with uncommon or complex mounts or vehicles.

Personal Skills

Eye of the Mind (False)
    An innate talent to sense and avoid danger based on intuition, that can also be called the Sixth Sense or prescience, gained through many ordeals and adventures. As a natural talent to avoid danger, it greatly differs from Eye of the Mind (True), which is danger avoidance that originates from “predictions augmented by experience”.

• C: Saber is able to sense most changes within the battlefield and has an increased chance to see through the feints or sly maneuvers of others. Can instantly sense negative intent on the battlefield as well as gaining a small bonus to his combat and defense rolls even when caught offguard.

Persuasive Orator
    The skill to sway others not with magical compulsions but simply with powerful rhetoric. A valuable skill which circumvents Magic Resistance and other protections against mental or magical persuasion.

• D: Saber does not speak often, so when he does speak people listen. Has a moderate chance to command others with low-class orders as long as he can succeed a contested Luck check against the target’s personality. Those who obey willingly experience minor boosts to their abilities for a short duration.

Silent Observer
    Extended observation of others without comment or judgement has taught the user how to see the truth behind actions.

• B: Until he was given a name by his future wife, Svafa, Saber never spoke a word, only observing the world around him. Attempts to deceive or bluff Saber are likely to fail based on a simple Luck check, including in the middle of combat.

Sigarsholm
    Blades of the Burial Field

Type: Barrier
    Targets: 1-5
    Range: 0-8

Description: When Saber was given the name Helgi by the valkyrie Svafa he was also offered a naming gift, as was customary in Nordic society at the time. Though he deigned only to take the gift if he could also have the hand of Svafa herself he did eventually claim the gift, which was located at Sigarsholm, a small field that would eventually end up being the place where Saber was killed and buried. When Saber first went to this place to claim his gift he discovered a small barrow and within this barrow a chamber containing fifty fine swords. Though he claimed the main sword, Ormrbrandr, as his favoured weapon the other forty-nine remained and are accessible to Saber through manifestation of a Bounded Field reflecting the “conceptual place” of Sigarsholm. By activating and expanding this Bounded Field Saber hems himself and others inside a circle roughly 40 meters wide, lined at the perimeter by the forty-nine blades he left behind. These blades, left to resonate with each other, create a magical field that prevents anyone from entering or escaping without medium levels of Magic Resistance or a high Mana Parameter.

Saber is freely able to utilise the swords from his perimeter by materialising them in his hand instantly whilst within the field, and they vary in rank as Phantasmal Weapons from Rank E to Rank C, having a variety of passive effects and unique designs. Each blade is a strong Mystic Code in and of itself and by varying his blades Saber can change up his tactics to suit the situation. Additionally, as long as the Bounded Field’s perimeter is being maintained by at least four blades it is possible for Saber to materialise the others at any point within the field that isn’t directly interacting with other material objects and launch them. He uses this as a rain of swords against more difficult foes, though in doing so greatly weakens the Boundary to his Noble Phantasm, allowing even moderately-strong opponents to enter or leave the range of Sigarsholm.

Despite the seemingly potent nature of Sigarsholm as a weaponised platform of iron rain, Saber is not often keen to utilise the Bounded Field, as aside from the swords he found there it also retains the concept of the death that found him there when he returned. Chances for blows against Saber to become mortal wounds or killing strokes are doubled, as the entire Bounded Field wishes to see his death made manifest. Thus, in order to avoid this as best he can Saber will usually simply summon his swords one at a time through rapid deployment and collapsing of Sigarsholm itself, quickly snatching one of his weapons up from the barrier before the field is even completely expanded to keep with him once his Bounded Field is re-internalised. Every blade that he loses or breaks is gone for as long as his existence remains in the world, and consequently weakens the borders of Sigarsholm when it is externalised.

Svafa
    Most Beautiful Shield of the Nine Valkyrie

Type: Barrier
    Targets: Self
    Range: 1-2

Description: Svafa was the most beautiful of valkyries that Saber encountered, and she was the one who would give him his name, convince him to speak aloud for the first time in his life, and gift him the grand blade Ormrbrandr. She was a shield-maiden of such fair beauty that Saber fell in love with her and asked her to be his wife, and from that moment on she utilised her shield and her gifted valkyrie talents to defend Saber in battle.

Her devotion to and insistence on protecting her husband has seen Svafa manifested as the shield of Saber, a round plate of white gold and wrought iron. The shield provides an additional 40 AC to Saber when in use, and when the true name of Svafa is announced the shield takes on the burden of defending Saber automatically, as if the shield-maiden it was named after was somehow manipulating it independently of Saber himself. The shield orbits Saber once activated, responding automatically to attacks without Saber having to worry about trying to use it.

The ability of Svafa to defend Saber without him having to concern himself with it is a simple enough effect, but the toughness of the shield and its automated defensive flight patterns mean that it is relatively expensive to maintain in its fully-activated state.

Ormrbrandr
    Serpent Which Bites the Shield

Type: Anti-Barrier
    Targets: 1
    Range: 1-2

Description: The fine blade gifted to Saber by his wife Svafa, Ormrbrandr is a beautiful weapon to look upon, a two-handed longsword with serpents engraved upon the blade, and the tail of a snake coiling down the golden hilt to form an elaborate pommel. The blade and hilt are both intricately detailed with six different runes that act in variable arrays to grant magical effects upon Ormrbrandr itself. It is by far the most unique, valuable and deadly of the swords that Saber discovered within the barrow at Sigarsholm, and he gladly wields it as his primary weapon.

Within legend Svafa described Ormrbrandr as having fame within its hilt, courage within its haft and fear for those it faces within its pointed tip. These traits are a result of the runes engraved upon the sword, and when prana is circulated through specific combinations of the runes Saber is able to gain Rank C Bravery, Charisma or Terrorise as temporary skills as long as the magical flow is maintained. However, due to how the runes need to be used in conjunction with each other, he can only ever gain the benefits of one of these skills at a time.

Ormrbrandr bore the title of “shield-destroyer” and so it is that when its name is announced it will glow with golden light and its next strike will ignore defensive equipment, passing through any armour, shield or defensive Noble Phantasm of Rank B or lower without any effort, and weakening the defensive values of higher-ranked defences. This is the snake which bites through shields, and like most snakes it takes a moment to prepare its strike, telegraphing its next attack in an attempt to intimidate the enemy.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Stupid idea incoming:

So Samuel Wilson was a meatpacker who sent barrels of beef to soldiers by train. As a result, he's a Rider with multiple abilities. He can throw barrels of beef at people as weapons, spawn loyal American soldiers, and can conscript people who eat his beef into the American military under his command.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and maybe run people over with a train.
    He would have E rank Luck and end up in a war with nothing but Hindu Servants.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Hindu Servants.
    pls no.

Damn, I don't care if he's not well known or not, that is one awesome Saber. I especially like his dancing shield. Great job.