Page 680 of 782 FirstFirst ... 180580630670675678679680681682685690730780 ... LastLast
Results 13,581 to 13,600 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Delusional Illusion is Hundred faced Hassan's.

Blog Entries
    It's similar, yeah.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like the NPs for Hassan, just change the name of delusional illusion to something original, phantasmagoric world or something? And the second one, just having it as support for a category is fine but it wou are unsure, just give it ??? as a type as UBW and the chains of heaven have that.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    [...] and I was thinking of the skill Breath of the Dragon (A) for Dietrich.
    I forgot that Skill even existed, to be honest. But yes, it would probably better portray the events of the legend.

As for the NPs, let me see:

Armour of Ecke - Eh, in general, I'd advise against taking the myths at face value, or at least to put them in the context of a series where heroes from different mythologies will fight each other. To put it another way: the armour might have been invincible against the strikes of regular warriors back then, but that doesn't mean someone like Herakles wouldn't be able to break it. My advice is to change it to a "regular" defensive NP. When it comes to armour, I tend to use Armor Class - even if we don't really know how it works - because of Bellerophon's description, but if you'd prefer to stick to Ranks, I suggest revising it so it works more like Armor of Fafnir.

Frau Selde's Blessing - First, I'm not familiar with the story of Dietrich and Frau Selde. From her name, I'm guessing she's some sort of a nature spirit, maybe even an older woodland deity which had its portrayal changed? Anyway, could you tell me what story is she from and maybe summarise the blessing she gave Dietrich? I have some thoughts about this (for instance, maybe the Protection of the Fairies Skill would work better here), but I'd rather know more about her before commenting.

Eckesachs - Props for giving an original spin on the old sword beams, but I'd suggest removing (or at least toning down) the "can cut through any armour or cover" bit for pretty much the same reasons I gave for Armour of Ecke.

Breaking the Dragon Slayer - Shouldn't really be a Noble Phantasm, in my opinion. Besides, Dragon Slayer is a "Grand Order" Skill with purely mechanical effects - you'll notice Siegfried doesn't have it in "Apocrypha".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    It's similar, yeah.
    No, as in, "Delusional Illusion" is the title of Hundred-faced's Zabaniya.

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Class: Assassin
    Master:
    True Name: Hassan-i-Sabbah, (The First)
    The image link seems broken.
    I liked Delusional World a lot, but I think it would be good to describe Hassan's inner world (for instance, what does it look like? The fortress of Alamut, perhaps? Or maybe only the gardens of paradise inside it?), especially if it has any "mechanical effects" to represent the "smiting of infidels".
    As for Fedayin... Eh, to be honest, I didn't really like it. I mean, I understand and accept the reasoning, I just think it's not something very Assassin-like. That said, maybe you could classify it as Anti-Unit (Self)? A+++ seems like a fair Rank, considering it summons 17 other Servants.
    Oh, and I just realised: how does he fight, usually? For instance, True Assassin had his dirks (and a corresponding Skill). What about this one?

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Frau Selde's Blessing - First, I'm not familiar with the story of Dietrich and Frau Selde. From her name, I'm guessing she's some sort of a nature spirit, maybe even an older woodland deity which had its portrayal changed? Anyway, could you tell me what story is she from and maybe summarise the blessing she gave Dietrich? I have some thoughts about this (for instance, maybe the Protection of the Fairies Skill would work better here), but I'd rather know more about her.
    Der Wonderer (The Monster)

The Wunderer may date from as early as the 13th century, but is first attested in the fifteenth.
    At a feast being held by Etzel, who is described as a greater king than Arthur, a beautiful maiden appears asking for help from the Wunderer, who has been hunting her for three days and wants to eat her. This is because she has sworn chastity, and has thus spurned the Wunderer's love. The lady has special gifts however: at first glance she can see the true character of a person, her blessing makes one invincible in battle, and she can transport herself to any place automatically. She sees that Etzel is a coward, and he points her to his heroes. First she asks Rüdiger, but he refuses as well, so Etzel shows her to another room where Dietrich is sitting. Dietrich is ready to fight for the girl if Etzel agrees, but Etzel is worried that Dietrich's relatives would seek revenge should anything happen to Dietrich. At this point, however, the Wunderer appears in the feast hall. Dietrich then agrees to fight without Etzel's blessing, and the maiden blesses him. First he kills the Wunderer's hounds, then knocks the Wunderer down after he strikes the lady. The two fight, and Dietrich wins. The lady reveals herself to be Frau Saelde, good-luck personified, and the feast ends.

I will probably make the armor able to be bypassed by both A+ strength and B or higher luck. Luck will allow the attacker to hit the openings in the armour, A+ strength will shatter the armour after enough hits removing the Noble Phantasm. I imagine the armour would be something like frozen dragon blood or so hard that it wouldn't dent but only shatter when enough force is applied

As for the blessing I will make something he can only use once against each enemy servant. It will minus a C rank STR from each attack he takes and minus an A rank attack from those of the beast alignment

And for Eckesachs it will bypass any amour that isn't a noble phantasm, but I like the imagery of a razor sharp wind cleanly cutting through a building and seeing the top half slide off an fall to the ground
    Last edited by ZSB1999; March 24th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Ah, many thanks!

Der Wonderer (The Monster)
    I will probably make the armor able to be bypassed by both A or A+ strength and B or higher luck.

As for the blessing I will make something he can only use once against each enemy servant. It will minus a C rank STR from each attack he takes and minus an A rank attack from those of the beast alignment
    If the armour and blessing were that strong, Siegfried would never have been able to come close to defeating him in melee, though. Overall, I suggest toning your ideas down, perhaps comparing them to canon Servants which are supposed to be top-tier.

And for Eckesachs it will bypass any amour that isn't a noble phantasm, but I like the imagery of a razor sharp wind cleanly cutting through a building and seeing the top half slide off an fall to the ground
    Well, I'd say a B++ NP attack would be more than enough for that. :-) I'd say you don't really need to add an armour-piercing effect for that sort of thing.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Der Wuderer happened after his fight with Siegfried so I think it would still apply I would make it one time use against each enemy and it would be weaker than Armour of Fafnir unless he is fighting against a beast. Der Wunderer is one of the last legends of Dietrich before he is taken to hell to fight dragons for all eternity

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have Strong Opinions about Dietrich.

Imo it's kind of weird to give him Eckesachs when its name literally means Ecke's sword so I usually folded it into a multi-NP GoB style about him stealing everyones shit after he beat them up.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Have there been any sheets made for Dietrich in the past?

Blog Entries
    I worked on one but whenever I think I don't do him justice I cry a little and delete what I had.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Would a semi-unique skill like Eye of Mind (True(Dragons)) EX be ok for him? As you might have guessed it is Eye of Mind True that only works against those who have the dragon alignment. EX due to the whole fighting dragons for eternity part of his legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Also for the NPs should I only give him stuff that he went berserk while using? Such as Armour of Ecke and Eckesachs?

- - - Updated - - -

Since Dietrich is able to be summoned as Saber, Rider and Berserker, whoever wants to could make a sheet for him in one of the other classes and we could compare and edit each other's. I already am going to make a berserker sheet for him so that leaves both rider and saber up for grabs

Blog Entries
    Idk is dragons really his most famous feat, I mean the #1 thing that seems to be pretty much in every version is him slaying Laurin and after that Ecke.

the demihuman murderer

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BITE THE PILLOW I'M GOING IN RAW

Caster (and Assassin)
    Agatha Christie, the Queen of Crime

Appearance

Place of birth: Torquay
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: E
    MAG: C
    LUCK: B
    NP: C

Class Skills

Item Construction (D): The skill to manufacture magical items. Caster is not a true magus, so her rank in this skill is low, however her experience as a pharmacist has given her some skill at handing poisons.

Territory Creation (B): The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Creation of a Workshop becomes possible.

Presence Concealment (D): The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. Though this skill is usually limited to the Assassin class, Caster possesses it due to her nature as a Double Summon. This is a low rank, suitable only for spying and other activities related to information gathering.

Personal Skills

Double Summon (B):
    A ‘cheat’ skill permits a Servant to simultaneously possess class skills from two distinct classes. In Caster’s case, her authorial skill allows her to be summoned as a Caster, and association with the concepts of mystery and murder grant her access to the Assassin class’s skills.

Detective’s Prerogative (False) (B):
    The position of authority bestowed upon one who occupies the position of Detective in a mystery story: a person who is capable of gathering information and sifting through it to arrive at conclusions. In the context of a Grail War, it allows the possessor, using available clues, to figure out the identities of opposing Servants, even in the presence of skills or Noble Phantasms capable of obfuscating this information. As she is not truly a great detective, merely an author of them, Caster possesses the false version of this skill.
    Spoiler:
    Incidentally, there exist rules that normally prevent the detective from being a killer, but as Caster broke this rule on several occasions in her books, it does not apply to her.

Noble Phantasm

And Then There Were None – Perfect Locked Room Mystery (Anti-Unit, C): The Noble Phantasm granted to authorial Servants that represents their body of work, in the case of Agatha Christie it naturally takes the form of a murder mystery. A book that allows her to plot and execute a perfectly scripted murder, a seemingly impossible death crafted by the pen of the Queen of Crime herself. It does not allow her or any of her “characters” to exceed their limits, so the crimes must be something the “murderer” is capable of. However, this ability only allows her to draft out plots, and the crimes must be carried out separately. As a side note, as there is rarely only one death in any self-respecting crime novel, the plot allows for two or three ‘subdeaths’ to hinder the investigation of the main murder. The power of this Noble Phantasm lies in its mystery; should any one of Christie’s plots be exposed or solved, her book will lose all its power and become completely useless.

Lore
    Caster is Agatha Christie, a British author famed for her mastery of the mystery genre. Despite her incredible youth as a Heroic Spirit, her fame and renown as an author is what allows her to be summoned, as she is, in some reckonings, the single biggest selling author of all time, and even by other counts she makes it into the top three.

Despite her being summoned as a Caster, she has next to no experience of magecraft, though she wrote several occult short stories in her lifetime. Instead, she kills more or less purely by mundane means, with the assistance of her Noble Phantasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Overwanked 20th Century Double Summoned Author Caster

I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Der Wunderer is one of the last legends of Dietrich before he is taken to hell to fight dragons for all eternity
    Yikes. The legend I know has him going to the realm of the gods by riding on a white hart.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! I loved Agatha Christie's sheet. Perfectly appropriate!

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    With her noble phantasm can she force others to commit the murders or is she the only murderer. If so I don't see how she will be able to any of the other servants with her stats, she would only stand a chance against masters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Yikes. The legend I know has him going to the realm of the gods by riding on a white hart.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! I loved Agatha Christie's sheet. Perfectly appropriate!
    yea the only thing I don't like about Dietrich is the fact that there are so many contradictions in his legends

Additionally, the narrator mentions that Dietrich is still alive today: because of fault he is carried off by the devil in the form of a horse to Rumeney to fight dragons until the end of days. The poem could thus be understood as a refutation of the idea of Dietrich as either damned or a hunter of women.

many of the stories end with Dietrich being carried of by a horse to some sort of hell or afterlife

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With her noble phantasm can she force others to commit the murders or is she the only murderer. If so I don't see how she will be able to any of the other servants with her stats, she would only stand a chance against masters.
    She can't force people to kill, she needs their permission to make them the murderer. Otherwise she just does it herself, since Detective's Prerogative allows her to.

And she's an Assassin. The class designed to gank Masters and avoid fights with other Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    I guess she needs to hope there are no kotomines or Bazetts

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

True Name: Vercingetorix

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes: Berserker, Shielder

Strength- B
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- B
    NP- A++

Appearance:

Personality
    : Fierce, prideful and strong-willed. A natural-born warrior maiden, having earned the admiration of both allies and foes alike. While appearing 'hot-blooded' and quick to anger she is not by any means stupid, with a tactical sense rivalling that of Julius Caesar. She appears ruthless at times, but this is merely because of her great love for her country and people, that she was willing do whatever it took to keep them free. In her free-time she adopts a far looser and more casual demeanour, not hesitating to have a drink even with sworn enemies. Her wish on the Holy Grail would be to revive the nation of Gaul from her memories.

Dislikes: Rome, foreign authority, cowards
    Talents: rebellion, Scorched Earth tactics
    Natural Enemy: Julius Caesar

Class Skills:

Riding (A+)- Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts. But that does not apply to the Dragon-Kind.

Magic Resistance (D)- Negates only single-action spells. Magic Resistance equivalent in degree to an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Military Tactics (C-)- Tactical instinctive ability used not for single combat, but on a battlefield where many are mobilized. Rider was a renowned military general who unified Gaul against the Roman Empire, and managed to achieve several victories against its foremost tactician Julius Caesar even despite her eventual defeat.

Disengage (B)- Ability to retreat from combat effectively. At this rank, the Servant can retreat from battle with little chance of failing. Also has the ability to return an unfavorable battle to the first turn, along with the status of all combatants. Rider specialized in hit-and-run tactics, making swift strikes on the Romans and their supply lines before retreating into the surrounding landscape like a shade.

Spark Of Rebellion (A)- A unique Skill granted to those who became leaders of a rebellion. A combination of the Skills Charisma and Rebellious Soul. At this rank, one can be said to have the highest level of popularity for a human being, as well as being immune to Charisma of rank A and below.

Berserk (C)- A Skill that permits the user to enter a state of controlled rage. A barbarian warrior, her ferocity on the battlefield is unmatched, but not once did she abandon her reason or sense of tactics.

Noble Phantasms:

Anédhichna Lithau- Let All Before Me Be Reduced To Ashes (A+, Anti-City): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Rider's usage of Scorched Earth tactics during her battles with the Roman Empire. She was considered one of the earliest exemplar of such tactics in recorded history, famously burning down even her own cities and towns to prevent the Romans from siezing the invaluable food or shelter stored within.

As a Noble Phantasm the effect is manifested through her steed. A beautifully adorned equine, its slender and powerfully built frame mark it as an unrivalled beast to have shown its worth on the battlefield countless times. When invoked, the horse's ashen coat begins to glow like embers before it unleashes a great trampling charge across the battlefield while consumed with flames. The effect is one akin to a wildfire given form, leaving a trail of ashen devastation wherever it goes. Normally a mundane steed, it could be said to burn off its mortality to ascend to the level of a Phantasmal Beast incarnating war itself.

There is no better Noble Phantasm then this to convey Rider's favored tactics, and if used to its full potential even an entire city can be brought to ashes.

Incidentally, history records this to be the very same horse Rider rode upon when surrendering herself to Julius Caesar. Even in her moment of surrender, it was said that her armor and mighty build gave pause to the Romans.

Erecura- Land, Rise And Defend Me (B, Support): A Noble Phantasm deriving from Rider's reliance on the natural structures of the environment as fortifications. Along with scorching the earth, these 'Natural Fortifications' can be considered the other defining element of her strategies against the Romans.

Once invoked, it allows her to shape the landscape around her into defensive arrays through injecting her own mana into the surroundings and manipulating it. The earth itself rises up into great battlements, castle walls and ramparts to impede, enclose and trap her enemies on all sides. The very land itself becomes her ally.

However, it follows that the greater the fortification, the more mana and time is required to formulate it. Low-level barriers can be called forth nearly at the speed of thought, while higher-level ones capable of withstanding strong attacks without crumbling demand intense concentration and expense of mana. If her concentration is disrupted whilst forming a barrier, it will immediately disintigrate. But once fully formed, the barriers become an established part of the environment and no longer require an active supply of mana. Even then, loss of consciousness, leaving the active range or a sufficient jolt of magical energy sent through the earth will disrupt her array, upon which nature will reassert herself.

Incidentally, this Noble Phantasm shares its name with a Gaelic earth goddess.

Alesia- My Last Stronghold (A++, Fortress): The stronghold that Rider fled to for her fateful last stand against the Roman Empire. She held out for a great many days and was nearly saved by the arrival of reinforcements, but ultimately fell when Caesar himself entered the field of battle bearing a scarlet cape.

By securing the leylines of the surrounding area, Rider can call forth the fortress itself as a Bounded Field almost approaching a Reality Marble. Within it, any invading Servants will take a rank-down to all parameters (two ranks for foes associated with the Roman Empire), while Rider herself will gain the effects of Hometurf Advantage regardless of original summoning location. In addition, she can summon her Gaelic troops as wraiths to aid her in combat. These have E ranked parameters all across the board, but their sheer numbers (said to outnumber the Romans ten to one in their famous battle) make them troublesome to deal with. As wraiths and not true Heroic Spirits, Rider can maintain them at a relatively low Mana cost to herself.

The virtually unlimited defensive prowess Rider obtains within the fortress's walls mask its most insidious weak-point. Upon manifesting it, Rider's life becomes tied with that of the fortress itself, and if its walls should ever fall, her life will perish also. Retreat is no longer an option, her only choice is to defend the fortress or fall alongside it.

Her other Noble Phantasms (as well as her Disengage Skill) are sealed while this one is active, as it crystallizes the concept of "an ultimate last stand" when all other options are exhausted.