Page 699 of 782 FirstFirst ... 199599649689694697698699700701704709749 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,980 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who knows, summon whatever you want, we don't need limits

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    especially in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

servant tohno
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Well, if you take the Rakkyo event seriously Lancer Alter says she is a representation of the Wild Hunt, so going full fanon you can throw that side of the King Arthur onto her or something.

Also this is the thread for that.
    Last edited by yokushi; April 12th, 2016 at 11:22 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    People, can we please stop using "trap"?
    'Trap' seems fine, I'd think, as long as it's limited to describing fictional characters and not real people (for whom it would obviously be ludicrously offensive).

Obviously I have no personal experience in this topic, so I'm just throwing out what's on my mind.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Get back on topic.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyways, here is the sheet that has been the topic of discussion today. Here is my 25th servant!

-------------------

Class: Assassin (Also can be summoned as Rider)
    True Name: Elizabeth Tudor I
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: England

Strength- D
    Endurance- E
    Agility- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- A+
    NP- B

Height/Weight: 160cm/50kg
    Likes: Exhibisionism, The limitless possibilities of the future.
    Dislikes: Societal expectation, The word 'No'.
    Talent: Golden era of rule.
    Natural Enemy: Her useless father

Class Skills:
    • Presence Concealment (-) - Due to the users Noble Phantasm, this ability has been sealed.

Personal Skills:
    • Charisma (A) - Can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being. Creating the image of "The Virgin Queen", Elizabeth lead England into a golden age and is well regarded by her people hundreds of years after her death.
    • Eye for Art (B) - An infatuation with works of art. Elizabeth was a true patron of the arts, turning England into a centre of culture the like of William Shakespeare could flourish. If she sees a Noble Phantasm or Heroic spirit with artistic anecdotes, there is a great chance she will be able to discern its name.
    • Grace of God (C) - The greatest body and good looks, a skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty". Elizabeth was considered a true beauty among all of Europe in her youth until she contracted smallpox and was left with a sizable scar on her face.

Noble Phantasms

Walsingham Spymasters Directive (Anti-Unit) (B) - Elizabeth I had a legendary spy network, allowing her to obtain vital information allowing her to disgrace or "remove" political opponents. In the Assassin class, this manifests as a crystallisation of her network of information gathering. By gazing into darkness, she can see from the shadows and observe others - gathering information and important details without having to risk herself. This Noble Phantasm has a limitation of her needing to know where her target is in order to be used efficiently

Love of Gloriana Flourish Under My Wing (Support) (C) - Those who were favoured by Elizabeth, even commoners could ascend to greatness such as how she supported William Shakespeare and Francis Drake. By securing magical leylines and territory, Elizabeth can redirect the flow of mana into individuals, granting them a limitless supply of mana until the area has been completely drained. These individuals will only have the backup as long as they are loyal to Elizabeth, allowing her to create powerful warriors dependent upon her.

Lore

"She is only a woman, only mistress of half an island, and yet she makes herself feared by Spain, by France, by the Empire, by all."

The daughter of Anne Boleyn. After her mother was executed on charges of treason and adultery that were false, she was declared illegitimate by her father, Henry VIII. She grew up in solitude and although a truly gifted child, she quickly grew to hate the word 'No'. and despised solitude. She gained an unquenchable desire for freedom, passion and adventure. After her younger brother and elder sister died, Elizabeth inherited the throne. In the eyes of Catholics she could not validly inherit the throne, as they held Henry's marriage to Anne Boleyn to have been adulterous and invalid. To establish herself firmly as rightful queen, she put the Protestant faith as the official Church of England. This acting made enemies of the Catholic faith and she combated conspiracies her entire life. Creating the image of the 'Virgin Queen' she led England into a true golden age but she was never satisfied with never being able to indulge herself like her father, the infamous "Fratboy King" Henry VIII.

A woman wearing the mask of the queen, she could never let loose her inhibitions and indulge so she ruled with brutal cunning. She overawed her detractors through her impeccable style, speech, imperturbability, wisdom and indomitable will.

She has been summoned in her teenage state before she ascended the throne as she retained her knowledge and wisdom while "Reducing the weight of the crown on her shoulders". This is because when she got older, she contracted smallpox - leaving herself with a scared face. Finding herself incapable of making a public appearance, she swapped places with Francis Drake. While he was tied down with the responsibility of the crown, she was finally free to explore the world and indulge in every desire.

--------------------------------
    Thanks to asterism for the inspiration, I've tried to work it so both fit into canon. I understand her first Noble Phantasm may be wanked but she's the most famous Queen of my country so screw it.

Feel free to tear her apart at your leisure.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 9th, 2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added Link

Blog Entries
    Nice job on the Elizabeth sheet. Skills fit her well, though I'd dispute her having Eye For Art higher then freaking Beethoven. Just supporting the arts shouldn't put one on the same level (much less higher) as one recognized to be one of the most famous composers of all time.

Walsingham is... interesting. Frankly, I don't see the obvious connection between 'spy network' and 'acting like Hanged Man from JJBA'. If anything, it seems more like something a
    Bloody Mary
    Mary Tudor
    sheet would have. Though I understand you didn't want to go with the generic 'familiars to spy and gather information' approach (like I used for my Richard Nixon sheet). Second NP is very fitting and creative. Finally, I love the Bioshock Infinite faceclaim.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eye For Art is an infatuation with art rather than how good you are at it, but you're right- lowered it to B.

As for the first Noble Phantasm... Yeah, it was the only way I could make her Assassin-y. As for her sister Mary, I have a different idea for her. Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Eye For Art is an infatuation with art rather than how good you are at it, but you're right- lowered it to B.
    Fair enough, I suppose. Was never entirely sure how that Skill worked. Amusingly, after you changed the ranking but before you commented, I got confused and started wondering whether it was always B and I just misread it as A (possibly conflating it with her Charisma ranking). I was even about to go back and change my own comment before you put yours out clarifying matters!

Also, now you have the added benefit of her Skills being ranked in alphabetical order (A~B~C).

As for the first Noble Phantasm... Yeah, it was the only way I could make her Assassin-y. As for her sister Mary, I have a different idea for her.
    Mary Queen of Scots wasn't the same person as Mary Tudor (whose legend was conflated with Bloody Mary) though. At least I'm pretty sure they were distinct individuals.

Thanks for the feedback!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Well, if you take the Rakkyo event seriously Lancer Alter says she is a representation of the Wild Hunt, so going full fanon you can throw that side of the King Arthur onto her or something.

Also this is the thread for that.
    Speaking of Arthur(ia) the Wild Huntsman. Why did no one comment on my sheet for her?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes sheets get overlooked, most of us have had one where no one said anything about it. As for your wild huntsman variant, I never saw to begin with so sorry I missed her.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblack View Post
    Speaking of Arthur(ia) the Wild Huntsman. Why did no one comment on my sheet for her?
    There wasn't really much to say, to be honest. There were no glaring errors to be fixed, it was just... fine.

Anyway, do you know what I think would be cool to see? A Rider class Medea. There was that legend of her riding a dragon-pulled chariot, and she did have the Golden Fleece if nothing else, right?

And before anybody says it, yes I know one's already on this thread. I've read it and it's... well, I'd like to see somebody else's take on the concept, is all I'm saying.

Anyway, here's Guinevere!

Caster!Guinevere
    Class: Caster
    Master:
    True Name: Guinevere, the Queen of Knights
    Sex: Female
    Height/Weight: 170cm/58kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Appearance: Honestly, imagine her however you want. I’m imagining her somewhat like this, though.

Stats
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Item Construction: C
    The skill to manufacture magical items.

Caster was not particularly adept at crafting, but she is capable of making some useful talismans and Mystic Codes.

Territory Creation: B+
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.

Creation of a “Castle”, which is superior to a “Workshop” but inferior to a “Temple”, is possible.

Personal Skills:
    Princess of Loveliness: A+
    The charismatic nature to charm the people around her.

Multiple knightly individuals who will protect her are pulled towards her, however they may come into conflict because of it.

Grace of God: A
    The greatest body and good looks, a skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty".

Regarded as the most beautiful woman in Camelot, she is even comparable to a fae such as the Lady of the Lake.

Druidic Magic: A
    Knowledge about the Magecraft used by druidic sects.

At this rank, High-Thaumaturgy level Magecraft can be performed with little difficulty.
    Riding: D
    The ability to ride mounts.

Most tamed animals & vehicles can be handled with some skill. Usually, knight-type Servants, such as Saber or Rider, would have this skill but... Why Caster possesses this skill is something best left to the imagination.

Reduced drastically by being summoned in the Caster class, her normal rank in this skill is A.

Noble Phantasm
    Camelot, the Castle of the White Walls: C (Barrier)
    Guinevere was the Queen of Camelot, therefore the castle she resides in must be Camelot. This Noble Phantasms works in conjunction with Caster’s Territory Creation skill, forcing the World to regard the “Castle” she creates to be regarded as Camelot.

In effect, the mana created by the area surrounding Caster’s “Castle” will increase in quantity, speed and quality until even the most spiritually dead and barren location would be indistinguishable from an area situated directly atop a powerful leyline.

A secondary effect is that the “Castle’s” walls will be more sturdy and harder to break so long as it’s inhabitants, which would presumably be Caster and her Master, remain strong in will. Fortunately, because Caster is Guinevere as she was before her affair with Lancelot was revealed by Mordred, her will is still strong. If she were to ever find out what ‘her future’ would be, however...

History
    When summoned under the Caster class, Guinevere is as she was prior to her affair being revealed - happy, but torn between her love for Lancelot and her duty to Artoria/Britain.

I also made a Berserker Guinevere, but I haven't got an NP for her.

Berserker!Guinevere
    Class: Berserker
    Master:
    True Name:
    Guinevere, the Traitor Queen of Camelot
    Sex: Female
    Height/Weight: 170cm/58kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Appearance: Same as the other one, imagine her looking however the hell you want. I’m kinda going with this, only Berserker-y.

Stats
    Strength: D (C)
    Endurance: D (C)
    Agility: D
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Skills
    Class Skill:
    Mad Enhancements:
    D
    Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills.

Strength and Endurance parameters are up. Language ability is simple. Continuing complex thoughts over long periods of time are difficult.

Personal Skills:
    Princess of Loveliness:
    A
    The charismatic nature to charm the people around her.

Reduced slightly by Mad Enhancements, her original rank was A+. Even though she her depression has run her ragged, she still pulls knightly individuals who will protect her towards herself.

Grace of God: B
    The greatest body and good looks, a skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty".

Reduced by Mad Enhancements, her original rank was A. Although still beautiful, her depression has made her appearance ragged and rough.

Druidic Magic: X
    Knowledge about the Magecraft used by druidic sects.

Lost due to Mad Enhancements, Guinevere’s original rank in this Skill was A.

Riding: A
    The ability to ride mounts.

All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. Usually, knight-type Servants, such as Saber or Rider, would have this skill but... Why Berserker possesses this skill is something best left to the imagination.

Noble Phantasm
    ???: ? (Anti-??)

History
    When summoned under the Berserker class, Guinevere is as she was after her affair was revealed - maddened with depression and self-loathing.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    'Trap' seems fine, I'd think, as long as it's limited to describing fictional characters and not real people (for whom it would obviously be ludicrously offensive).
    Naw, some things are inherently offensive. Let me put it like this: would you be fine with calling a fictional black character a monkey? Even though they don't act like an animal at all and the only reason you would be calling them that is because of their black skin - thereby, automatically equating "having black skin" with "being a monkey"?

Blog Entries
    That's great and I'm sure you're absolutely right but it's a losing battle and you're just going to derail the thread.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Naw, some things are inherently offensive. Let me put it like this: would you be fine with calling a fictional black character a monkey? Even though they don't act like an animal at all and the only reason you would be calling them that is because of their black skin - thereby, automatically equating "having black skin" with "being a monkey"?
    The thing is though that fictional men who are visually designed as women in order to trick people are, quite literally, traps. It is the intended purpose of them. It is specifically for the amusement value of "haha you thought this was a woman but really it is a man".

That is not to say this is the case for every instance of men being designed to look like women but it is an underlying contributive aspect to the majority of traps. Hence why they are called traps. I don't know if it's particularly offensive to term a trope or a character design trait after the very thing it is meant to evoke. If you want to argue whether the intent underlying the deliberate design choice of "dude looks like a lady" is offensive because of the reinforcement of particular social attitudes it potentially promotes then you're likely to have a far more interesting discussion and more valid arguments to make, I think. But the name? Not so much.

As for Guinevere, she's... Well she's about as interesting as I would expect a Guinevere to be, which is to say she's as interesting as watching paint dry.

This isn't your fault, it's just that there's really not enough to spin her into an interesting profile sheet, like I've said before. There's probably plenty of intwresting avenues to explore regarding her character, but her design aspects? All I get from this is she's pretty and she has a castle that doesn't really do much. She's supportive/defensive to what seems to be a fault. There's no indication at all of what she could do to win a war.

Frankly, Guinevere is a subpar Heroic Servant and it would take a lot to work around that so I don't blame you. Why the substantial personality change between classes? I mean I assume it's ME but your comments make it sound kind of like it is meant to be something else, even though in all cases she knows the entirety of her life and what her actions resulted in. So aside from ME I don't see much reason for her personality to alter. But ME is a good enough reason, I'm just making an aside comment.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The personality change makes sense as these two versions of Guinevere are before and after the reveal of the affair, and in original Arthurian lore this drastic change actually happened.

You've done well Crying as the original legend had basically nothing of note in her (aside from the riding skill) so you've done as much as basically anyone can. I have 2 things to say however:

1) Parameters, the gap between the two classes isn't great in terms of physical power, comparing the berserker and assassin jump with Jekyll I would make either caster weaker or berserker stronger. Or both. If you wanna cheat like I did with Cassandra of Troy, use double summon and fuse the two sheets together.

2) Second Noble Phantasm. This is tricky but if you take the route of my Elizabeth sheet of empowering others, you could mirror the tale of when Lancelot went mad and killed Gawains brothers so save her, it could act as inflicting one of the knightly figures drawn towards her is afflicted with the mad enhancement and goes on a rampage or something.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    The thing is though that fictional men who are visually designed as women in order to trick people are, quite literally, traps. It is the intended purpose of them. It is specifically for the amusement value of "haha you thought this was a woman but really it is a man". [...] Hence why they are called traps. I don't know if it's particularly offensive to term a trope or a character design trait after the very thing it is meant to evoke.
    But the trope was named after a derogatory term already used to refer to real-life trans-people, not the other way around; we can't - or rather, shouldn't - just ignore that the whole purpose of that term was to be offensive to them. To go back to the race analogy, this would be like calling a fictional black character a "nigger" and expect it to not be offensive at all because, well, it's just describing a character design trait, right?

Blog Entries
    But the trope was named after a derogatory term already used to refer to real-life trans-people, not the other way around; we can't - or rather, shouldn't - just ignore that the whole purpose of that term was to be offensive to them. To go back to the race analogy, this would be like calling a fictional black character a "nigger" and expect it to not be offensive at all because, well, it's just describing a character design trait, right?
    Hmm. You have a point that the term is problematic, but I wouldn't say it's too bad as long as its reserved to fictional characters (who, as Vagrant pointed out, are intended to 'trick' the audience). Also most so-called 'traps' are not actually transgender (such characters are as rare in anime as they are in any other variety of media, alas), but rather crossdressers. Bridget (probably the most famous example thereof, at least around these parts) has a big part of his personality his desire to 'prove' himself as a 'real man'. (Though he still wears feminine clothes because???)

I'm not making this my hill to die on or anything. I personally don't feel the term is (that) offensive, but to be sure we'd have to ask what actual trans people think on the matter. At the very least, I'm 99% sure that people using the term would never dream of using it on a real person, so that's something at least.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    This is my second attempt at creating a Servant. Tried to not make him so overpowered, but I'm not sure if I should have given him Double Summon.

Class: Assassin/Caster
    True Name: Yáahl (Raven)
    Place of Origin: Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Appearance: When first summoned, Raven will take this form.. However, due to his Shapeshift skill, he will quickly take another form to disguise himself. His true form is that of a Raven the size of a bear.

Parameters:
    Strength: D (E)
    Agility: C (E)
    Endurance: C (E)
    Magic: A (E)
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B (E)

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment - D
    Item Construction - A
    Territory Creation - E

Personal Skills:
    Shapeshift - A+
    Yáahl can take any form that he pleases

Double Summon - B
    Yáahl can be summoned with the attributes of both the Assassin and the Caster class.

Divinity - EX
    Yáahl is commonly depicted as a trickster spirit in the legends of the people of the Pacific Northwest; however, he is also claimed by some to be the creator of the world. Under normal circumstances, he would only be possible to summon as a Pseudo-Servant, possessing the body of a human in order to anchor himself to the world.

Raven Tales - Rank -
    Not so much a skill so much as it is state of being. A catalogue of all the tales that all the indigenous cultures spoke of the Raven. As a result, while the Assassin/Caster double class will always be retained, the Raven's skills, Noble Phantasms, and even True Name will vary wildly depending on what summoning catalyst is used.

Noble Phantasm:
    Stealing the Light: Guise of a Child (Anti-Self, C)
    A Noble Phantasm allowing for a perfect infiltration. While Yáahl's shapeshift skill allows for the changing of his form, it will not conceal his nature as a Servant. This Noble Phantasm will accomplish just that; after undergoing a very convincing transformation, Yáahl will appear to outsiders as an ordinary human with all his parameters hidden, and also gain the skill Independent Action A+ for as long as the Noble Phantasm is active. However, this comes at the cost of reducing all of his parameters except for Luck to E, sealing his Shapeshift skill, and reducing the number of companions he can summon from The Clamshell. Once Yáahl has accomplished his objective and wishes to restore his true power, he can release the True Name of this Noble Phantasm, losing all of its benefits but restoring all of his previous abilities. An orb of magical light bright as the sun will also be summoned, giving Yáahl either a distraction for his escape, an energy source, or a one use attack.

The Clamshell: The First Men (Anti-Army, A)
    According to one myth, Yáahl found the first men by coaxing them out of a clamshell. Yáahl still has this shell in his possession and can use it as a catalyst to summon these early humans into the world. The more humans he releases from the shell, the greater the prana cost; while Raven can summon an entire village from the shell in his normal state, if Stealing the Light is active, he can only support one. The individuals summoned from the shell are nameless and have no Noble Phantasms, but still have the attributes and parameters of Servants, allowing them to not die instantly from an encounter with enemy Servants.

Lore and Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Assassin/Caster is the Raven, a trickster spirit known to the indigenous peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast. This particular manifestation of his being is the one known to the Haida people, Yáahl. The Haida credit him with many feats: releasing the sun from a wooden box, creating the world's lakes and rivers, and releasing the first men from a clam shell.

Whimsical and self-centered, the Raven does what the Raven pleases. All of his accomplishments were ultimately born of selfishness. Bringing light to the world? He was tired of stumbling around in the dark. Creating fresh water? He was trying to steal an entire lake full of salmon and dropped some of it. Releasing the first men? He was bored and wanted something to entertain himself with. So he will be a pain in the ass for an inexperienced Master to deal with; while he will not betray them (hence not qualifying for Nature of a Rebellious Spirit), he will not necessarily cooperate with them and instead go find amusement for himself. His wishon the Grail eoudl probably be to spread his legend throughout the world and to preserve the peoples that spoke of him; despite his flippant demeanor, he is actually terrified of the possibility of being forgotten due to the indigenous cultures and languages he hailed having been endangered in recent history, only in modern times beginning to recover.
    Last edited by Constructman; April 17th, 2016 at 03:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    As for Guinevere, she's... Well she's about as interesting as I would expect a Guinevere to be, which is to say she's as interesting as watching paint dry.

This isn't your fault, it's just that there's really not enough to spin her into an interesting profile sheet, like I've said before. There's probably plenty of intwresting avenues to explore regarding her character, but her design aspects? All I get from this is she's pretty and she has a castle that doesn't really do much. She's supportive/defensive to what seems to be a fault. There's no indication at all of what she could do to win a war.

Frankly, Guinevere is a subpar Heroic Servant and it would take a lot to work around that so I don't blame you. Why the substantial personality change between classes? I mean I assume it's ME but your comments make it sound kind of like it is meant to be something else, even though in all cases she knows the entirety of her life and what her actions resulted in. So aside from ME I don't see much reason for her personality to alter. But ME is a good enough reason, I'm just making an aside comment.
    Yeah, she's... meh. I started her on a whim and I just wanted to finish her, to be honest.

The personality change makes sense as these two versions of Guinevere are before and after the reveal of the affair, and in original Arthurian lore this drastic change actually happened.

You've done well Crying as the original legend had basically nothing of note in her (aside from the riding skill) so you've done as much as basically anyone can. I have 2 things to say however:

1) Parameters, the gap between the two classes isn't great in terms of physical power, comparing the berserker and assassin jump with Jekyll I would make either caster weaker or berserker stronger. Or both. If you wanna cheat like I did with Cassandra of Troy, use double summon and fuse the two sheets together.

2) Second Noble Phantasm. This is tricky but if you take the route of my Elizabeth sheet of empowering others, you could mirror the tale of when Lancelot went mad and killed Gawains brothers so save her, it could act as inflicting one of the knightly figures drawn towards her is afflicted with the mad enhancement and goes on a rampage or something.
    Thanks for the input, but at this point I'm just happy I finished her. I probably won't go back and edit her stats or give Berserker Guinevere an NP.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.