Page 739 of 782 FirstFirst ... 239639689729734737738739740741744749 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,780 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    "That I may show my Lord one last fight" basically

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah. Thanks!

Still, that's not quite fitting what I have in mind for her NPs but still, I appreciate that you put in the effort!

I think I can take it from here.

Blog Entries
    I just thought you might want to consider using the thing she's like, far and away the most famous for as a NP, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Hakuro Since I missed your Saber earlier, here are my thoughts on her.

Her endurance stat is too low. Even if you have a weaker Saber, Strength and Endurance shouldn't be lower than C. Nero had lower and only qualified due to Imperial Privilege.

For the Noble Phantasms, I like
    Nanatsusaya no Tachi for the Space/Time manipulation and squishing time together is a unique ability I haven't seen yet. That and the fact that it's a frickin Chainsaw Katana. and Yamataikoku is basically if Double Summon was a Noble Phantasm since apparently the three knight classes and Ruler class can't utilise it for some reason or another. As a barrier, does it just like a field of energy or does it have any asthetic looks to it?
    Thank you for the feedback! I will improve her parameters, Endurance C and Agility A. And for the barrier, it was thought to have very few aesthetic components, it doesn't change much the environment.

And about Freya, isn't her stats too high? Like I am not sure, but Artemis got kinda low stats even being a hunter goddess, but since I never played GO I don't exactly know the conditions of her summoning to know if she was nerfed or not, so I am not sure of what I am saying lol.

Updating to comment on Abe no Seimei:

I really like the legends of Abe no Seimei, and well, I wouldn't think on him as a Solomon, I think he deserves to be a lot stronger. My suggestions would be a Elemental skill, similar to Paracelsus, since his studies on the wu xing, and something related to Shikigami, that's a big part of him. But I am not sure about him being so strong and with five skills... (well, he is OP anyway)
    Last edited by Hakuro; May 26th, 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    And about Freya, isn't her stats too high? Like I am not sure, but Artemis got kinda low stats even being a hunter goddess, but since I never played GO I don't exactly know the conditions of her summoning to know if she was nerfed or not, so I am not sure of what I am saying lol.
    Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Artemis's low stats are due to being summoned in place of Orion. The stats are actually his, while she's just along for the ride (so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    Updating to comment on Abe no Seimei:

I really like the legends of Abe no Seimei, and well, I wouldn't think on him as a Solomon, I think he deserves to be a lot stronger. My suggestions would be a Elemental skill, similar to Paracelsus, since his studies on the wu xing, and something related to Shikigami, that's a big part of him. But I am not sure about him being so strong and with five skills... (well, he is OP anyway)
    A-are you seriously suggesting I make Seimei even more powerful then he is already? As in, the Seimei with A++ Onymodo Skill and a planetary control NP that I had to nerf just to fit it within the bounds of Nasu lore? A little baffled at that, to be honest. And he certainly doesn't need any more spellcasting Skills, two is (probably more then) enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    A-are you seriously suggesting I make Seimei even more powerful then he is already? As in, the Seimei with A++ Onymodo Skill and a planetary control NP that I had to nerf just to fit it within the bounds of Nasu lore? A little baffled at that, to be honest. And he certainly doesn't need any more spellcasting Skills, two is (probably more then) enough.
    I am not the best with power balancing

Blog Entries
    Okay, so... I kind of want to make a Rider!Medea, and I want to give her Mystic Eyes for the whole "making Talos kill himself by staring at him" thing, but I can't come up with any explanations for why she'd have this Skill as a Rider, but not as a Caster.

Any suggestions, or should I just scrap it?

As a side note, I think I've figured out who I'm going to make as a Lancer.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post
    Okay, so... I kind of want to make a Rider!Medea, and I want to give her Mystic Eyes for the whole "making Talos kill himself by staring at him" thing, but I can't come up with any explanations for why she'd have this Skill as a Rider, but not as a Caster.
    I'd say that would fall under her standard sorcery, actually. Even in the anime, that's basically how she kills Atram... Gallasta, I think? Anyway, her former Master.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'd say that would fall under her standard sorcery, actually. Even in the anime, that's basically how she kills Atram... Gallasta, I think? Anyway, her former Master.
    Yeah, that's my fallback if I can't justify giving her Mystic Eyes - I'd just mention that she has an extremely powerful 'pain' spell that can be cast through the eye or something.

I'd still like to give her Mystic Eyes somehow, though.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    Servant Lancer:

True Name: Tomoe Gozen

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Classes: Saber, Archer, Rider

Strength- B+
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- C-
    NP- B+

Appearance:

Personality: Cold, quiet and vigilant. In battle she speaks little, preferring to express herself with her blade rather then words. Her cold demeanor belies a caring nature and tremendously loyal heart. Upon summoning, she will regard her Master in the War as her "Lord" and devote herself entirely to protecting them and insuring their wishes come to fruition. She is burdened with guilt from her last battle, where she deserted her lord and lover Minamoto No Yoshinaka. Though it was by his own request, she can't help but feel an unbearable emptiness. Her wish is to be able to fight by the side of her "lord" until the very end, something she never got the chance to do in life. It is for that reason- not any desire for the Grail- that led her to accept summons. She is very much a "My lord, right or wrong" type of person. Though she may disagree with her Master's judgements and even try to sway them with words, if they insist she will ultimately execute their judgement regardless. Of course, it goes without saying that such mentality can easily result in tragedy.

Dislikes: abandoning her Lord, dishonor
    Talent: everything necessary of a samurai
    Natural Enemy: Minamoto No Yoritomo

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C)- Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Bravery (B)- The ability to cancel mental interference such as pressure, confusion and mesmerization through sheer fortitude of will.

Attendant Of Iron (A)- An ability that reinforces the attributes of one's Master through proximity alone. At this rank, just by being within fifteen feet of her, Lancer's Master is raised to the level of a mid-tier Heroic Spirit with rank C stats across the board. Through rigorous training, it is possible to accrue further benefits as well, though it takes a mind of steel to withstand Lancer's relentless training regimen.

Disengage (C)- Ability to retreat from battle effectively. At this rank, it has the bonus effect of returning battle conditions to what they were at the beginning of the match.

Eternal Arms Mastery (B)- Arms prowess that does not degrade under the effects of mental interference. Lancer was noted as one of the most skilled warriors of her era, garnering recognition regardless of her gender.

Noble Phantasms
    :

Minamoto
    - Samurai's Threefold Legends (C, Anti-Unit): Naginata, oversized sword and mighty bow. The former is the weapon most associated with Lancer in popular memory, while the latter two were her true weapons in life. Her Noble Phantasm subsumes all three facets of her legend together into a single whole. Its default form is that of a naginata- a long staff topped with an elegantly curved blade and strewn with intricate golden carvings. By invoking its True Name, the weapon can change form into a bow or greatsword.

Entering 'bow' form, the naginata's blade flips back like a switchblade and the entire staff unfolds into a slender longbow, a string of magical energy materializing to connect the two ends. In this form Lancer can form arrows of her own magical energy and fire them at her foes with the force of mini-missiles. For 'sword' form, the staff section folds in on itself until it's as short as a sword hilt while the blade folds outward, nearly doubling in length.

Each of these forms has its advantages and downsides in combat. Lancer can alternate between them any number of times in the middle of combat, switching up her fighting style at the drop of a hat and making her nearly impossible to predict. To switch form all that is needed is to state the Noble Phantasm's name followed by the word for the desired form in Japanese. So, "Minamoto- Yaiba" to enter sword form, or "Minamoto- Yumi" for bow form.

Her weapons were nameless in life, so in the Grail War Lancer chooses to invoke this Noble Phantasm by the name of her beloved liege's clan- Minamoto. Each time she invokes it by name, she is offering a prayer of sorts to her fallen lord.

Yokotagawara No Tatakai- Seven Beheading Strokes (B+, Anti-Unit): Crystallization of Lancer's martial exploits in the battle of Yokotagawara. She charged headlong into battle and- in seven strokes- took off the heads of seven of the enemy's toughest samurai warriors, bringing them back to her liege as trophies.

As a Noble Phantasm, it inacts the concept of 'seven beheading strikes' upon a single target. Once invoked, Lancer will unleash seven slashes from seven distinct angles and directions, each aimed flawlessly at the target's neck. Unlike the technique of a certain nameless farmer, Lancer's strikes are not truly simultaneous, though they are so swift as to appear as such to the naked eye. Only someone with truly inhuman reflexes stands a chance of blocking them all.

A technique-based Noble Phantasm similar to Tsubame Gaeshi or Shooting Hundred Heads. As such, its Mana expenditure is remarkably low for its high power. Also, it can only be accessed in either the 'naginata' or 'sword' form of her weapon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've done that Tomoe Gozen sheet I'd been talking about. As you can see, I managed to come up with (hopefully cool enough) NP names. NPs themselves were a bit hard to come up with, at first I had the idea of some kind of 'Tsubame Gaeshi/Gae Bolg-like' super-decapitation technique, which eventually ended up as Yokotagawara No Tatakai. Got the idea of her first NP after seeing a sheet of her which had the bow, naginata and sword as separate Noble Phantasms. I got the idea 'Hmm... why not have them all in one?'

Regarding hypothetical Masters, I could easily see her ending up with Shirou Emiya. That way you could have a conflict between Shirou's desire to get everybody else out of harm's way before himself and Tomoe's desire to fight (and if necessary, die) alongside her Lord. Of course, given Shirou's notorious stubbornness, it'd probably be quite a while before they reach any mutual understanding...

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

Blog Entries
    Should be "Yokotagawara no Tatakai" I think? Assuming you were going for something like "Battle of Yokotagawara" then the particle shouldn't get connected to any other words when rendered in romaji.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Should be "Yokotagawara no Tatakai" I think? Assuming you were going for something like "Battle of Yokotagawara" then the particle shouldn't get connected to any other words when rendered in romaji.
    That's what happens when you put stuff through Google Translate! Thanks, I'll correct it posthaste.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As a transforming weapon, Minamoto gives of vibes similar to God Force but considering Lu Bu's Mad Enhancement, we only saw two versions. What it lacks in power it would certainly make up for in versatility.

The only thing I would maybe change is her parameters. Thinking in terms of physical prowess she'd be similar to Cu Chulainn or Diarmuid so maybe lose one of the '+'s considering you have a '-' modifier already?

Blog Entries
    Since it's been around another hundred pages since the latest update, here's the latest additions to the List.

http://pastebin.com/9TgG07Md

Some interesting data:
    The most popular class was Caster, of which there were 69. From there, Saber has 51, Rider 46, Berserker 43, Assassin 43, Archer 36 and Lancer 36. This is counting alternate classes, by the way.

As to who made the most sheets:
    Bird of Hermes 47 -> 16%
    RoydGolden 44 -> 15%
    Crying 26 -> 9%
    ZSB1999 24 -> 8%
    asterism42 20 -> 7%

161 out of 278 means that these five made 57% of all the new Servant profiles. A circlejerk? You decide!

夜属 Nightkin
    Okay I'll admit Minamoto- Samurai's Threefold Legends is a nice concept and all, but should Tomoe really have the sword or bow forms considering that she's, I don't know, a Lancer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Since it's been around another hundred pages since the latest update, here's the latest additions to the List.

http://pastebin.com/9TgG07Md

Some interesting data:
    The most popular class was Caster, of which there were 69. From there, Saber has 51, Rider 46, Berserker 43, Assassin 43, Archer 36 and Lancer 36. This is counting alternate classes, by the way.

As to who made the most sheets:
    Bird of Hermes 47 -> 16%
    RoydGolden 44 -> 15%
    Crying 26 -> 9%
    ZSB1999 24 -> 8%
    asterism42 20 -> 7%

161 out of 278 means that these five made 57% of all the new Servant profiles. A circlejerk? You decide!
    I don't think Vercingetorix should be listed under German (if anything it should be French given that he's a national hero there), nor Golem Of Prague as Scandinavian. Oh, and you mistakenly listed my Henry V as Saber rather then Rider.

And I see Hermes just barely beat me out in number of sheets, 16% versus my 15%. I'll get you next time, Hermes! Just you wait!!

Blog Entries

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Instead of listing them all as 'English' I think British as a blanket term is easier. William Wallace' whole thing was a proud Scotsman revelling against the English. As a whole the Scottish in general hate being called English.

Blog Entries
    http://pastebin.com/YGt8035h

There we go, then.