Page 29 of 858 FirstFirst ... 19242728293031343979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Seems clear enough. Mind you, this is from the Grand Order wiki, not the general Type-Moon one which is so reviled around here.
    Hardly official and the GO Wiki is also pretty bad sometimes

Anyway, this entry is correct, but it doesn't support what you're saying about Edison's stats at all.

his Territory Creation and Item Construction are written as EX but that's actually due to his ego/self-promotion and their real ranks are D.
    is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

His skills aren't EX because he's bragging about them. They've been boosted thanks to his concept enhancement, but still only function at an equivalent to D rank skills.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    The GO Wiki is also pretty bad sometimes.

But anyway, this entry is correct, but it doesn't support what you're saying about Edison's stats.

is wrong.
    So, every source other then this forum is wrong and untrustworthy? What is this, an abusive relationship...?

In any case, it seems I was right about the 'EX'=D and only erred in inferring the cause. Though, his drive for self-promotion being so intense it actually inflates his own stats is hilarious and fits perfectly with my image of the character.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His skills aren't EX because he's bragging about them. They've been boosted thanks to his concept enhancement, but still only function at an equivalent to D rank skills.
    So i've always been confused by this.
    What does this actually means in practice? It's still not very good but if he interacts that asks for A+ Territory or Item Creation he is able to pass?

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    So, every source other then this forum is wrong and untrustworthy?
    You've been pointed at more credible sources than the public wikis numerous times and ignore these suggestions repeatedly.

In any case, it seems I was right about the 'EX'=D and only erred in inferring the cause.
    what is reading comprehension

Blog Entries
    You've been pointed at more credible sources than the public wikis numerous times and ignore these suggestions repeatedly.
    I don't remember any suggestions other then 'read the source' (which I don't care to do, especially not for a mobile phone game such as GO) or directing me to the forum's own translation sources. (Like an Ouroboros, feeding on itself)

what is reading comprehension
    Isn't what it says that his Skills are ranked EX but are functionally more like D? Basically what I said.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    So i've always been confused by this.
    What does this actually means in practice? It's still not very good but if he interacts that asks for A+ Territory or Item Creation he is able to pass?
    We have to wait for the next mats to get more details, but right now it appears to mean that he can do some exceptional/unique things with the skills but they're otherwise no better than a bog standard D rank Caster level of magic item or atelier field creation.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; September 12th, 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    We have to wait for the next mats to get more details, but right now it boils down to:

It appears to mean that he can do some exceptional/unique things with the skills but they're otherwise no better than a bog standard D rank Caster level of magic item or atelier field creation.
    Ah, so they're EX for a few specific things and D for everything else? So, sort of like D+++ then...

See, now that's actually being informative, instead of just condescending. Thanks!

JP Friend Code
    So, every source other then this forum is wrong and untrustworthy? What is this, an abusive relationship...?

In any case, it seems I was right about the 'EX'=D and only erred in inferring the cause. Though, his drive for self-promotion being so intense it actually inflates his own stats is hilarious and fits perfectly with my image of the character.
    Not everything on wikis are wrong, but due to the fact that the wikis can be edited by ANYONE, you will end up facing misleading info and headcanon wanks together with the correct infos, a clusterfuck of good and bad stuffs. The most trustworthy source is the source material. As for the wikis I'd pick the Yamato wikis whenever I need quick info about characters I'm not familiar with.

Don't use your headcanon.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    directing me to the forum's own translation sources. (Like an Ouroboros, feeding on itself)
    Right. Which you still fail to consult, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Isn't what it says that his Skills are ranked EX but are functionally more like D? Basically what I said.
    Recall what you said.

Edison is a weird example since his Territory Creation and Item Construction are written as EX but that's actually due to his ego/self-promotion and their real ranks are D.
    Their real ranks are EX. They are functionally equivalent to D.

Mad Enhancement has done this, too.

The "EX" is not just an empty label, as if your Master status view is affected because Edison is lying to you about himself. Unless a Servant has an skill to distort your perception of its abilities (e.g. Karna), that doesn't happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Not everything on wikis are wrong, but due to the fact that the wikis can be edited by ANYONE, you will end up facing misleading info and headcanon wanks together with the correct infos, a clusterfuck of good and bad stuffs. The most trustworthy source is the source material. As for the wikis I'd pick the Yamamo wikis whenever I need quick info about characters I'm not familiar with.

Don't use your headcanon.
    But headcanons are great! I love headcanons.

Mou, you guys are no fun. *pouts*

- - - Updated - - -

The "EX" is not just an empty label, as if your Master status view is affected because Edison is lying to you about himself. Unless a Servant has an skill to distort your perception of its abilities (e.g. Karna), that doesn't happen.
    Well, by 'real' I meant in terms of practical effect. It's a matter of speaking...

Not sure what you mean with Mad Enhancement since that's just a straightforward stat boost, usually (we think) factored into the stats themselves as viewed in Master-O-Vision.

JP Friend Code
    That's why I gave up trying to give you feedbacks on your sheets, because I can't give you canon-friendly feedbacks when you insist on using your headcanon and other headcanons from derpy sources.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    That's why I gave up trying to give you feedbacks on your sheets, because I can't give you canon-friendly feedbacks when you insist on using your headcanon and other headcanons from derpy sources.
    For one thing, I always welcome feedback, even if I do disagree with it at times. Also, there's ways to critique a sheet that isn't in terms of pure lore, like power balance or the like...

Oh and, give one specific occasion where you tried to give lore feedback on one of my Servants and I brushed it off. Examples help, since I honestly can't remember the last time I got any feedback from you (helpful or otherwise) at all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Hey Edison why are you so out of breath from running, I thought your CON was EX rank?
    Well yes that EX means "I can work all night"

good times summer good times
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    He/she's talking about giving any feedback in the first place.

You aren't welcoming feedback if you insist on ignoring it.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker
    Charles VI of France

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    STR: A
    END: B-
    AGI: C
    MAG: E
    LUCK: D
    NP: C

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement (EX): Parameters are ranked up, but they aren't or are just partially deprived of their reason. They follow strictly their ways, becoming impossible to persuade and to get a mutual understanding with. Charles’s delusions and paranoia make it impossible to reason with him.

Personal Skills

Paranoia (A):
    A skill possessed by those with a paranoid mindset. Due to their suspicious nature, people who possess this skill are immune to covert attacks, as they mistrust the motives of anyone who contacts them, and their madness makes them less susceptible to mind-altering skills. On the downside, the presence of this skill with Mad Enhancement of any rank means the possessor is insane with suspicion and paranoia, and will lash out at any who draw near, friend or foe.

Bout of Sanity (C):
    Due to the unstable nature of his mental state, which cycled between severe delusions, and more or less stable during his life, Berserker possesses the ability to briefly regain his reason. Upon contacting an individual, if he is able to pass a luck check, Berserker’s mind will become stable, and his sanity will be briefly restored. Though seemingly a benevolent skill, the fact that this suppresses all his other skills might be considered a negative point.

Self-Delusion (C): A powerful suggestion directed at oneself that further raises resistance against mental interference. Differing from the Self-Suggestion skill, it is entirely unconscious, causing the wielder to view their body differently. Berserker believes that his body is made of extremely fragile glass. Terrified of himself breaking, he will only move extremely cautiously and will great unwillingness. The strength of this delusion has actually warped reality, giving Berserker’s skin a glass-like quality. Though this causes an effective rank down, it allows him to use shards of glass as weapons, and combining with the fire from his Noble Phantasm, it allows him to turn his arms into ropes of molten glass to trap and burn his opponent.

Noble Phantasm

Bal des Ardents
    Dance of the Burning Men

(Anti-Army, C): The infamous Bal des Ardents was a revelry that was arranged to help stabilize the mood of the recently deranged king. Six men dressed themselves as wildmen, were chained together, and launched into a frenzied bacchanal. However a spark from a torch caused one of the dancer’s costumes to catch fire, and within moments the fire had spread. Four of the dancers died horribly, burned to death with no way to escape; this ghoulish episode from his life has become Charles’s Noble Phantasm. It is triggered by him dancing, an act which throws embers in the air, and soon thereafter causes the space around him to erupt into flames. The fire takes the form of the dancers, six wild humanoid shapes of living flame which dance erratically, throwing sheets of fire around with their every movement. Due to the legend that the dancers were chained to each other, once the fire burns someone, they will be paralyzed on the spot with no way to escape the inferno.

Lore
    Dislikes: England, plotters
    Talents: Dancing
    Natural Enemy: Dukes of Burgundy

King Charles VI, known alternatively as the Beloved and the Mad, is one of the more infamous Kings of France. Though popular and loved for the first years of his reign, he soon succumbed to what historians now believe to be paranoid schizophrenia, and for most of his time on the throne, France was at the mercy of incompetent regents, Charles’s frivolous wife, and her string of lovers. As a result, a huge amount of territory was lost to England, and it was not until the time of the Maiden of Orleans that it was recovered.

- - - Updated - - -

Built backwards from the Noble Phantasm
    Last edited by asterism42; September 21st, 2016 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Charles: He was the king that Henry V fought against, right? I remembered as soon as I came across the 'thought he was made of glass' part.

He sounds really interesting, and I like how you managed to make his glass body into an offensive ability. Bal des Ardents certainly has some evocative imagery to it, complimenting his glass-based powers nicely. The combination of the glass and fire/embers reminds me a lot of Cinder from Rwby. Was that an inspiration, by any chance?

I wonder how he'd get along with my own Henry V? Not very well, I'm guessing...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't watch RWBY
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I don't watch RWBY
    ...Taking that as a no.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That FC is Onii-san whats-his-face from dark souls 3. That would make Nasu approve of the sheet by default.

Chatles has a well thought out NP and all the skills are well made and original. Very nicely made.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; September 13th, 2016 at 08:35 AM.