Page 120 of 858 FirstFirst ... 2070110115118119120121122125130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Archimedes isn't even in GO yet, my guy. This is why reading is important.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    I don't actually write FGO fanfics. Instead, I make a grail war, come up with a bunch of weird shit happening behind the scenes, and have OC masters summon servants. Sometimes I set one in the First or Second Grail wars too.
    FGO = grail wars, there are like 7,8 of them.

How would you translate Leibniz'a philosophy of Optimism into a Noble Phantasm? I don't have enough ideas for a full sheet, but I think that particular element would be pretty interesting to see.

Basically he thought that this world was the greatest out of all possible worlds, because it was created by an all-knowing God who would not create an imperfect world if a better world existed. Obviously you could just make a reality marble of some kind but that seems like such a boring use of the idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    How would you translate Leibniz'a philosophy of Optimism into a Noble Phantasm? I don't have enough ideas for a full sheet, but I think that particular element would be pretty interesting to see.

Basically he thought that this world was the greatest out of all possible worlds, because it was created by an all-knowing God who would not create an imperfect world if a better world existed. Obviously you could just make a reality marble of some kind but that seems like such a boring use of the idea.
    Spoiler:
    Quantum Time Lock

Actually, this sheet seems like a fun idea. I'll add this to the list of sheets to actually make. Though it will take a while to actually get made bc I'm lazy.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    What do you mean?

Blog Entries
    John Titor is supposedly some guy who posted on the internet from the future. Just a funny coincidence I stumbled upon after we talked about future Servants the other day.

John Titor is supposedly some guy who posted on the internet from the future. Just a funny coincidence I stumbled upon after we talked about future Servants the other day.
    Have you never seen Steins;Gate?

Blog Entries
    Yeah but this is ​real life

Yeah but this is ​real life
    Oh, did you not realize that that whole thing was largely based on the actual Urban Legend surrounding John Titor?

Or rather didn't realize that John Titor was actually like a real guy who posted online. (But obviously not a real time traveler.)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Daneel

I just read Peshtur and she's pretty dang awesome - but you consistently make great sheets. It gave me an idea for a sheet I'll get to work on after Louis XIV.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Name: Lu Dongbin
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Personality: A fun-loving Ladies man, he is in fact, perfectly serene in both body and spirit. However, he does tend to have anger issues when confronted with a particularly frustrating situation. When he is on his off time, he writes poetry. Lots of Poetry. Much more poetry than should be physically possible for one man.
    Parameters:
    Strength: D+ Mana: A
    Endurance: D+ Luck: C
    Agility: D+ N. Phantasm: A+

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: A
    Lu Dongbin was a heavy practitioner of the Tao in life, and managed to ascend to the position of Immortal by his hard work. Thus, he has magic resistance at A-rank.

Riding: D
    Lu was not particularly known for adventuring in life, but was known for traveling to various places to attain Immortality.

Personal Skills:
    Ultimate One: C
    Lu became a Daoist Immortal, a being perfectly at one with the world, through the use of a magecraft system specifically oriented around aligning oneself with the Planet. This allows him to recieve prana from Gaia itself to assist in his upkeep.

Neidan: A+
    The Taoist practice of Internal Alchemy, this skill allows Lu to raise his parameters by one rank by reinforcing himself to a level beyond standard magecraft. In addition, he can use the Prana Burst skill at B-rank, due to his mastery of his internal energies.. This skill also grants resistance to poison, starvation, and other such worldly constraints.

Art of the Tao: B+
    In life, Lu Dongbin was a master of the Tao, a philosophy and magecraft system that was pervasive throughout China. He attained mastery in it, and became an Immortal through it’s use. However, since he is summoned as Saber, his skill in it is down-ranked to B+.

Noble Phantasm:
    Jingshen Zuzhou, ‘Spirit-Bane Sword’: B+ {Anti-Spirit}
    In life, Saber held a sword that he wielded to banish evil spirits. Thus, his noble phantasm has several passive effects, with a damage bonus against spirits and an additional one against evil spirits. In addition, spiritual opponents, such as Heroic Spirits, facing him will have their endurance and strength ranked down. His active ability, however, is to stab it into the ground.
    If stabbed into the ground, he will generate a large circle within which Spirits cannot manifest physical forms. This includes himself, thus, it is most useful for creating an area for negotiation or for Master-on-Master combat.

Foremost Immortal, 'Alaya and Gaia as One': A+ {Anti-Army}
    The Way of Daoism was a magecraft system invented by Chinese Mages who believed that more powerful and transcendental magecraft could only be created by reconciling the differences between Alaya and Gaia into a harmonious unity. Many attempted to accomplish this, but none succeeded. The closest who came to it were the Daoist Immortals, beings that were once human, but managed to link their souls to both Alaya and Gaia simultaneously, attaining a higher existence. This NP would be A++ if Lu was summoned as Caster, but as Saber, It's rank is merely A+.

This NP operates by channeling energy from Alaya and Gaia, turning it into a spray of destructive prana that surges forward to scour the earth. Like a flamethrower of magical death, it spurts forward, dealing horrific damage to anything in it's path. It has an extremely low Prana cost, but it can only be used against enemies that are opposed to both Alaya and Gaia.

Blog Entries
    When you're 4/5ths of the way done with a sheet but you're making it on pastebin and accidentally hit refresh and all your work goes down the drain.
    Kill me.

JP Friend Code
    Use something like google docs, it has auto save.

Blog Entries
    Servant Saber:

True Name: Amadis de Gaul 'The Greatest Knight In The World'

Alignment: Lawful Good

Alternate Class: Lancer, Rider

Strength- A
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- A+
    NP- B++

Equipment: An ornate Spanish greatsword with an emerald green hilt. While not officially a Noble Phantasm, it is still a peerless weapon befitting a great knight such as Saber, easily able to hold up in clashes with other legendary arms.

Appearance
    :

Personality: Gentle and courteous, yet also dashing and gallant; Saber presents the very image of a romantic hero straight out of storybooks. A true 'knight of justice' who upholds the values of defending the weak and striking down villainy in all his actions. Outside of battle, Saber is a very sensitive and passionate man prone to melodramatic displays of emotion and crying openly in response to tragedy. He is also very timid in matters of romance and almost pitifully easy to fluster around attractive women.

As a 'star of chivalry', Saber feels it is his duty to inspire those around him to glory and as such is likely to adopt a mentorial relationship with younger or less experienced knights. This includes a certain knight-errant who qualifies as his number-one fan. Though he greatly admires her devotion to chivalry, Saber also chides her for her foolish and rash nature which he feels is unbecoming of a true knight.

...If the two are summoned together, a scenario similar to a famous boy-band celebrity meeting their number one fan will certainly occur.

Likes: deeds of chivalry, his wife Oriania, a certain knight-errant
    Dislikes: teases from women, detestable rogues
    Talents: inspiring others to greatness, anonymous heroism
    Natural Enemy: the Endriago

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (A)- All spells below A-rank are nullified, making the Servant virtually untouchable to modern magi. At this rank, it would hardly be an exaggeration to term them a 'magus killer'. Having encountered and defeated countless wicked sorcerors in his life amongst other supernatural foes, Saber gained a great ability to withstand and combat the effects of Magecraft. In addition, his chivalry and unswaying devotion have amplified this Skill's potency further.

Riding (A)- Ability to ride animals. At this rank, all mortal mounts can be ridden at a high degree of skill, but not Phantasmal or Divine beasts. This high is enough to possess aptitude for the Rider Class. Saber was a great horse-rider just as he was great at everything else related to knighthood. In some stories, his mount was even said to be the spectral steed 'Bayard' later attributed to Saint George.

Personal Skills:

Perfect Knight (EX)- A 'perfected' form of Knight In Shining Armor, granted to one who was considered to completely embody the ideals of knighthood. Superior in battle, unswaying in devotion, fair in judgement, Saber shone like a star to inspire all other knights by incarnating chivalry itself. Due to this Skill, Saber's fame bonus remains at its peak regardless of summoning location and he gains an unquestioned advantage in combat against other Knight-Class Servants. Also includes the effects of Eternal Arms Mastery at a comparable rank. It could further be said that this Skill designates Saber as the ideal a certain knight-errant strived towards...

Eye Of The Mind (True) (B)- A heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience. Saber's many adventures on his travels of fighting off evil knights, enchanters, giants and unearthly beasts of all kinds have granted him a great deal of experience for combat which allows him to ascertain the battlefield flawlessly.

Pure Of Heart (A+)- Possession of a clear and steadfast heart that repels mental interference. Particular bonuses are dealt when it comes to resisting charm and seduction based abilities, reflecting Saber's legend as a pure and chaste knight. At this rank, it is possible Saber could even withstand the corrupted mud of the Holy Grail with impunity.

Protection Of The Faeries (B)- A blessing of elementals; the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations. On the battlefield, Saber can grant himself a rank-up to Luck for the duration of combat. From his birth, Saber was favored by the fey enchantress Urganda who prophesied that he would grow up to be the greatest knight and most faithful lover to ever live. Later on, the same enchantress gifted him with a magical lance with which to slay a number of wicked knights, one of his Noble Phantasms if he were to be summoned as Lancer.

Noble Phantasms:

Beltenebros- Moniker Of The Disguised Knight (C+, Support): A Noble Phantasm subsuming Saber's many legends of disguising himself and wandering the lands as an anonymous knight, performing great feats of chivalry along the way. It takes the form of a flowing dark green scarf wrapped around his neck and lower face, evoking the imagery of a disguised knight. A constantly active ability not requiring invocation; while donning this scarf all information regarding Saber's identity, Class and parameters are completely obfuscated. His immense 'aura' as a legendary hero is also suppressed, making it impossible to recognize Saber as a Servant without witnessing his superhuman feats.

This also grants the equivalent of Information Erasure at rank C, erasing memories of Saber's true face and appearance in the minds of all observers after the culmination of an engagement. Witnesses will be left only with the vague, hazy impression of beholding a dashing and heroic figure without peer, effectively giving birth to the legend of an anonymous knight in the modern day.

However, just as with Information Erasure it is still possible to deduce Saber's identity from existing clues picked up in the aftermath. If an individual grasps Saber's true identity at any point- whether through an announcement from the man himself or reasoning to that conclusion on their own power- then they will be exempt from this Noble Phantasm's effects for the remainder of the Grail War. This also applies to any who witness Saber unleashing his second Noble Phantasm which serves as the pinnacle of his heroic legend, an undeniable glory that no manner of concealing abilities could ever hope to mask. To reveal it is to proclaim his true identity far more clearly then mere words ever could.

The name of this Noble Phantasm derives from an anecdote where Saber, after being reproached by his lover Oriana who falsely believed him to be infidelious, hid away on an isolated island and changed his name to Beltenebros. Under that title, he indulged himself in grief and sorrow for many years, only breaking free from his anguish when Oriana realized her mistake and sent a maid to retrieve him.

...He truly is a fragile soul. S-so moe!

Estrella de Caballerķa- Ever-Guiding Star Of Chivalry (B++, Anti-Unit): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing possibly the most famous heroic feat of Saber's legend, his slaying of the hideous and evil giant Endriago at Isla Del Diablo. Invoking its true name and holding his greatsword behind him in reversed grip, the blade begins to give off blinding green light comparable to a star. Saber then swings the blade upwards in a sweeping arc, unleashing a slash of pure emerald radiance which surges towards the target along the path of his blade.

Based on its legend of 'giant-slaying' this attack holds an advantage against targets whose size greatly exceeds Saber's own. The size and power of the arc of energy released from Saber's blade scales based on the size of the target. Against a human-sized foe it will merely be a thin cleaving arc while towards giant-sized opponents it takes the form of a vast wave swelling violently with Mana, easily cutting apart entire buildings that stand between it and the chosen target.

While against truly gigantic foes the performance of this Noble Phantasm easily rises to the level of most Anti-Fortress tier weaponry, the attack itself can only be classified as Anti-Unit due to being directed at a single individual.

Furthermore, all other knightly individuals witnessing this Noble Phantasm's activation will be cleansed of mental interference and receive a rank-up to all parameters for the remainder of battle. This derives from Saber's legend as a 'star of chivalry' that inspired countless lesser knights to greatness; an eternally shining banner under which all those pursuing the ideals of love and honor stand firm. Of course, it goes without saying that this applies only to Saber's own allies.

As a final note, the regal green light of this Noble Phantasm calls to mind 'The Knight Of The Green Sword', another one of Saber's titles that he obtained while travelling the lands and performing deeds of chivalry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I finally finished up the Amadis de Gaul sheet I'd mentioned. I didn't enjoy writing him up as much as Don Quixote 2.0 (as you can probably tell by the much shorter Skill descriptions) but it was still interesting and I hope I did justice to a figure who was at one time pretty much the most famous knight in the world. He's basically a very archetypal Saber with high stats and powerful, but relatively straightforward NPs without much conceptual esoterica.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.

Don't have a whole lot to say about Amadis. He's a pretty standard and pretty strong archetypal Saber. It's well-written, and you clearly put some thought into it, but I don't know that it's the most unique sheet I've ever read, especially since both Noble Phantasm are pretty similar to existing canon stuff (not that that is necessarily bad). Still, I like it for what it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Don't have a whole lot to say about Amadis. He's a pretty standard and pretty strong archetypal Saber. It's well-written, and you clearly put some thought into it, but I don't know that it's the most unique sheet I've ever read, especially since both Noble Phantasm are pretty similar to existing canon stuff (not that that is necessarily bad). Still, I like it for what it is.
    Yeah. I even admitted in the afterword he wasn't the most inspired Servant I've done. Mainly wrote him up as a compliment to Don Quixote.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=59963364
    True Name: Sir Kay
    Class: Saber
    Alternate Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: Legends
    Region: Britain
    Natural Enemy: Merlin

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    NP: A

Height/Weight: 186cm/74kg
    Dislikes: Being made a fool of, Destiny, Relationship going sour
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Human
    Armament: Sword, Armor, Shield

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (B+)
    Protection against magical effects. Different from effects that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
    As one of the Knights of the Round Table, Saber naturally posess a high rank in this skill due to living in an age of sorcery. Indeed, he once slayed nine witches at once. Furthermore, due to the unique nature of his body, he gain a bonus against attack of the Fire or Water attribute.

Riding: (B)
    Tthe ability to ride mounts and vehicles. At this rank, most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts are not ridable.
    Personal Skills:

Burning Heart: (A)
    A unique skill that represent Saber's peculiar condition. Ever since his birth, he was able to convert his Od into a supernaturally high heat that would burn anything it touch. While he had trouble controlling it in his youth, he can now control it's amount to the point that it usually doesn't manifest as anything other than him being particularly warm. At will, he can spend his magical energy to infuse his body or his weapon with a Heat effect that will burn whatever it come in contact with. However, mundane weapons will melt instantly after use.

Bravery: (B)
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    Saber was undoubtly a fearless knight that never back down before any enemy for the sake of his half-sister.

Military Tactics: (C)
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    As one of Artioria's most trusted king, he was charge to lead the rearguard during military campaigns.

Provocation: (A)
    The "art" of insulting and mocking the opponent to make them lose their calm. The possesser of this skill instinctly know what are the insults that will make his opponents the angrier, even if they know nothing about their enemy. The target of their mockery will then prioritize attacking them over any other preocupations. It can be negated by a protection
    Saber is known for his tendency to insult and belittle almost everyone he met during his life, causing more than a fair share of fight. Tough Artoria describe him as someone who has no equal when it comes to arguments, it should rather be said that he's someone who can haughtily trash-talk and belitle like no other.

Noble Phantasm

Caliburn Salamander
    Sword of the burning wound

Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Max. Target: 1

While Saber was already gifted with his ability to manipulate heat, he was still unsastified. Indeed, any weapon that he tried to use along with this ability would quickly melt, wich would means he had to chose between either using his heat and using weapons. Until one day, he found a peculiar weapon. Said to originate from an ancien and incredibly advanced civilisation, it was capable of refining whatever energy was put into it to make deadly attack. Satisfied with this sword, he named it in reference to the incident where he once claimed to be the one that pulled the sword in the stone.

Normally, it takes the form of a elegant sword. Upon Saber saying its true name and infusing it with some of his magical energy, it will form an aura of heat around the blade. Now, nstead of slashing the enemy, its attacks will burn whatever area it manage to hit. These burns will not regenerate by any means until the victim is killed or Saber die himself. While they generally don't do much damage on the moment of the attack itself, they can handicap a opponent severely. Furthermore, the afflicted servant will feel as if the area where these wounds lies are burning intensely, bringing them great pain.

As a Rider, he instead would be capable of summoning his trusty steed Gwinam Goddwf Hir.

Cai Gawr
    As tall as the tallest tree.

Anti-Army
    Range: 2-50
    Max. Target: 300

In some account, Saber is described as being capable of increasing his own size to that of a giant. In fact, this claim is a misinterpretation of an ability he gained trough control of his magical heat. It is not a Item he possesses, but rather his most powerful attack.

Upon activation, Saber will release a massive amount of his own magical energy converted into heat. It will then stabilize itself and take the form of a giant armored knight wearing a copy of his armaments that he can "pilot" from inside. This "giant"'s surface is incredibly hot, instantly burning almost anything that it comes in contact with. Even taking a casual stroll with it will destroy will destroy most of the environment surrounding it. Furthermore, he is completely protected from attacks that are not capable Despite the devastating power of this Noble Phantasm, it sheer size coupled with the fact that it require a lot of Saber's concentration to maintain it makes it unwieldy. Due to that and its mana cost, he will generally only use it when facing a spectacular amount of foes or another enormous opponents.

Lore

Sir Kay is the son of Sir Ector and the foster brother of Artoria, the King of Knights. To prepare as the future ruler of Britain, Merlin placed her under the care of Kay's father so she could be taught the way of a knight. And so, the two child grew together and cherished each other as siblings do. While Kay was aware of the prophecy regarding his sister, he didn't really believe it. While he found his father and that strange enchanter's insistance to raise her as a boy a bit weird, he generally paid no mind to it and believed that even if all other people tought of her as a man, he and her still would remain close as fellow knight.

That all changed when Artoria pulled Caliburn and was recognised as the one true king. Initially, Kay was one of the first to swear loyalty to her. He served as one of her most trusted knight and eventually became a Knight of the Round Table. However, Kay and Artoria became more and more distant at the years passed, and that none have truly accepted her due to her inhuman qualities. He was convinced that it was likely to fall apart very soon. Tired of it all, Kay left the castle to a foreign land shortly before the battle against Modred. After hearing of his sister's death, he grew remorseful but still kept on living, convinced that her fate was already sealed the moment she picked up the sword in the stone.

Personality

Saber is a boorish and bullying man, with a temperament unfit for a noble knight. He enjoy insulting and mocking anyone he met, whatever their allegiance are. Not even his master is not safe from it, and will be almost always blamed from any defeat the two of them meet. Indeed, he is very prideful and will never accept defeat, claiming that he suffered from some unfair disadvantage. Despite that, he is a true knight, disliking the needless suffering of innocent and never backing down from a battle, even if it will assuredly end in his death.

Yet behind this prideful behavior, Saber hold a lot of resentment. He resents Merlin, for dragging his foster sister into his so-called "prophecy". He resents Uther Pendragon, for forsaking his only child. He resent Artoria, for accepting to forsake her humanity. He resents himself for abandoning her. But most of all, he resent destiny itself for ruining his familly's bond. As such, his wish is that the prophecy regarding Artoria's reign never came to pass, so that she could live as a normal girl and they could grow together as siblings.

Last edited by Alexcoene; December 2nd, 2016 at 05:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good Sir Kay sheet. We both had very different takes on his character; yours as a hot-blooded braggart whereas I wrote him as a more easygoing troll who likes to rile people up. I admit yours might be a little better since you managed to give him NPs that actually fit pretty well into his legend; whereas I had to resort to totally making something up.

Surprised you didn't include any reference to his slaying nine witches under the Magic Resistance description.