Page 513 of 858 FirstFirst ... 13413463503508511512513514515518523563613 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I disliked Blackbeard originally but he grew on me much like a wart does. He’s an awful weeaboo but someone’s gotta bully him and that may as well be me. As a result, Blackbeard sheets that try to ‘fix’ him I find I don’t enjoy reading because they tend to be mostly identical but without the personality of an absolute loser. That said I don’t know how people will accept this comment since I did Berserker Boudicca.

That said I did rather like zikari’s Blackbeard Alter being Captain Hook completely misunderstanding the guy.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bird of Hermes what is actually your oppinion about my Avenger Goliath and what does mean the "Bond 10 CE" in your Berserker Boudica Profile ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Wow although i dont own a fate Grand order it seems that Kurohige is one of the top favorites in the community ...
    What are really the most favorite servants there ?
    Don't know what you're talking about dude, Blackbeard is pretty hated generally.

Most favorite are probably the OG cast, Nero, Tamamo, Jeanne Alter, Mash, Scat, Shuten, probably Raikou too but she's controversial, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Don't know what you're talking about dude, Blackbeard is pretty hated generally.

Most favorite are probably the OG cast, Nero, Tamamo, Jeanne Alter, Mash, Scat, Shuten, probably Raikou too but she's controversial, etc.
    then I have to apologize,pinetree i meant that i dont have the game and cannot evaluate it .

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Being a greasy neckbeard is genius?
    Sure is!

The best thing about Nasu's Servant designs, something I always like to see in a good CaS sheet as well, is weird or offbeat but intelligent interpretations of historical figures that offer different perspectives on the figure in question. Blackbeard could've been a generic scary pirate dude, but that trope is as played out as it is boring. Very few canon Servants are that straightforward, for good reason.

So equating old timey pirates that covet women, hoard loot, and disgust honest folk with their awful behavior to the worst kind of NEETS that covet women, hoard loot, and disgust honest folk with their awful behaviour... is pretty damn inspired. Or are you saying Nasu's Blackbeard wouldn't have fit right in with something like Pirates of the Caribbean (the good first one, not the bad sequels)? A universe where pirates are simultaneously laughingstocks and nightmares, looked down upon for being the scum of society while simultaneously feared for their insanity and firepower. A universe where you might see some ugly bastard with a fake eye wearing a dress to trick the British navy, moments before boarding a ship and stabbing someone in the gut. A universe where the protagonist, much like Nasu's Blackbeard, is as reviled as he is respected.

Others have already come to this conclusion, but if you compare Nasu Blackbeard to the sheets posted in this thread or the "fixes" suggested by others, it's plain to see that one is window dressing, and the other is a character, warts and all.

So yeah, greasy neckbeard Blackbeard is genius. Not all Servants hit the mark. Not even most. But he does.

I'm never defending Boudica though. Fix it. Fix it with fire.

Blog Entries
    This mightn't be the right place to ask, but I'm thinking about using the Faker Class for a sheet and I wanted to know what people thought would be a good Class Skill for it. Based on what we little know of it and the one Heroic Spirit we know qualifies for it, I would assume that the qualifications would be one of the following;

• Did something that mkes you worthy of qualifying as a Heroic Spirit, but you did it while pretending to be someone else so well that the fame/recognition went to them instead of you
    • You were so good at impersonating someone that when they became a Heroic Spirit you managed to trick Akasha into acknowledging you too
    • Be a Heroic Spirit who's notable for pretendng to be/imitating others

Those first two should cover the canon Faker and that last one could theoretically allow Lancelot into the Class. The last one could also allow Shirou/EMIYA to be a Faker Class Servant, if you think of them borrowing the skills of a weapon's owner through its history as pretending to be that hero.

Anyway, the problem I'm having is that I can't think of a good Class Skill to give to Fakers. Some sort of identity disguiser seems like the obvious choice, but Lancelot had an entire NP dedicated to being able to hide his identity and pretend to be other people so saying that other Servants can do the same thing with just a Skill seems... wrong. So yeah, I dunno, I'm a little lost here. Should I just give up for now and wait to see what the canon Faker Class Skills are?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How about a kind of Human Observation used to learn about the people you try to imitate (appearance, habits, techniques...)?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe something that lets them copy Skills from the one they're imitating, but at a rank down from the original?

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably something similar to Bloble's King Marko Skill Guilty Hero, where their imitative action accrued positive outlook from humanity, resulting in their "False" appearance.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    How about a kind of Human Observation used to learn about the people you try to imitate (appearance, habits, techniques...)?
    Double post...?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For some reason it was sent twice after I refreshed the page...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Sure is!
    Indeed, the day I realized Blackbeard was great was a good day.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Ah, i get it now thanks

I didn’t think about it like that

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Avenger
    Identity: Philip II of Spain (Alter)
    Height: 164 cm
    Weight: 56 kg
    Also known as: The Prudent King
    Alternative classes: Rider
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Attribute: Human
    Origin: Spain
    Weapon: Sword
    Dislikes: Economy, dirtiness
    Talents: Ruling
    Natural enemy: Francis Drake

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Luck: E
    Mana: B
    NP: A

Background
    The son of Charles I of Spain and V of Germany, Philip II was the Spanish king that made the nation reach its climax, but also started its downfall.

A king who experienced kingship before sitting on the throne, being in charge of administration whenever his father was busy with the conflicts on the Netherlands and Germany. After becoming the king, Philip received the territories of Castile, Aragon, Naples, Sicily, and Milan, while his brother received the Holy Germanic Empire. Counting with territories in America, Africa, and Asia, Philip’s empire became so large that he could safely say the sun never set in it. His marriage with Maria Tudor also made him consort king of England and Ireland, but the queen passed away soon, depriving him of control over those territories. His later victory in the battle of Alcántara allowed him to be king of Portugal as well, being the first king to rule the entire Iberian Peninsula.

During his reign, Philip II made Madrid the new capital of Spain, Toledo having been the capital until then. The military forces, consisting on
    The Greatest and Most Fortunate Army
    La Grande y Felicísima Armada
    on the sea and the tercios on the earth, were the greatest of the epoch. However, the defeat of the navy by a storm (distorted in history as a victory of Francis Drake), and the bad managing of the expenses caused the downfall of the empire, with Philip having to declare bankrupt three times.

Philip’s love for religion and the Old Testament made him want to build the monastery of El Escorial, a complex said to have been built over a gate to hell, as a copy of the Temple of Jerusalem. This building has been since then the place of burial of the Spanish sovereigns. However, despite being a sacred edifice, Philip’s last days were full of darkness and agony. His gout worsened, swelling his lower body. He filled his chamber with sacred relics and decorated the palace with the representations of hell painted by El Bosco. He suffered a paroxysm an hour and a half before his death, making people believe he had passed away, but suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed his father’s crucifix. The day of his demise was a 13th, a number associated with death, change and transformation. His coffin consisted on a leaden box to prevent the stench of his rotting body from leaking to the outside, and a wooden container made from pieces of a beached ship called
    Five Blisters
    Cinco Llagas
    . Despite his fame for having been very religious, he showed inexplicable feats of paganism.

After he passed away, Philip II had his image greatly distorted by his enemies, mainly by England. Renaming the Spanish navy to
    The Invincible Army
    La Armada Invencible
    and attributing its defeat to Francis Drake and British soldiers is nothing compared to the inversion of the king’s image. The king was depicted as an extremely fanatic, despotic, criminal, imperialistic, and genocide person, whose victories were reduced to mere anecdotes and whose defeats were excessively magnified.

Due to this vilification and the apparent demonic influence he suffered during the years before his demise, Philip II has become a dark shell of his original self, an Alter Servant. The prudent king that did his best to manage the largest empire to ever exist has become a tyrannic overlord that relentlessly smites his opponents with the dark powers he has received.

Personality
    Originally a calm and cautious person, deserving of the title of “the Prudent”, historical modification has turned him into an ambitious tyrant that defends a fallen empire and fights for its expansion with little care for the methods used to do so. Even if he has to kill all the people living on a region, he’ll make it part of his nation.

His devotion to Christianity is the same as usual, but he still embraces his new demonic powers nevertheless. Everything for victory. If he is called a hypocrite because of this, he’ll excuse himself by saying that king Solomon created demons despite being a king of Israelites.

It is worth noting that he has an OCD and won’t tolerate to have a single speck of dust on his clothes. He is also very bad at economy, and suffers internally every time he sees anything related with bills and taxes.

Skills
    Class skills
    Avenger A
    Represents an avenger’s state as someone who collects people’s grudges and hatreds towards oneself. The amount of mana generated when receiving damage becomes higher than usual. Philip II is deeply hated by countries like England and France, which are the responsible of his Alter form.

Memory Correction C
    Although people forget easily, Avengers never forget. The strength of critical attacks coming from beyond memory is enhanced. The evil depiction of Spain after the reign of Philip II still persists in the present.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) B

One’s magical energy surges endlessly until they accomplish their revenge. A minuscule amount of mana is recovered each turn.
    Personal skills
    Charisma E
    The ability to rise the capabilities of allies and boost their morale through one’s natural charm and leading abilities. The original B rank is enough to lead a whole nation, but due to Philip being summoned as a despotic and abhorrent king, this skill’s rank has dropped to the minimum.

Golden Rule A-

The natural capacity to attract fortune and wealth towards oneself. The Spanish Empire possessed great amounts of gold and silver, brought from America, but Philip was unable to manage money properly, what resulted in the declarations of bankrupt. Due to that, this skill receives a minus modifier. As an anecdote, a French ambassador that visited the construction of El Escorial together with Philip commented that he needed more gold and less roof tiles, to which Philip answered making use some gold ingots as tiles, telling the ambassador that what he needed was more tiles and less gold.

Never-setting Fallen Sun EX

A unique skill characteristic of Philip II that has been “altered” together with him. The Spanish empire under his reign was the first empire to have territories on every continent. This skill negates proofs of royalty on wherever Philip is. Abilities like Charisma and Imperial Privilege possessed by the opponent are negated, as well as bonuses granted by the influence of the territory. The original Philip II would additionally receive a fame boost in almost every place of the world, at the cost of the nullification of skills having a chance to fail at enemy territory. Rulers of his mother country, Spain, are unaffected by this skill.

Noble Phantasm
    San Lorenzo del Escorial
    The palace built over the gates of Hell
    Type: Anti-World
    Description:

The complex that Philip II ordered building after winning a battle against the French army. Its name comes from Saint Lawrence, a saint whose festivity was celebrated the same day the Spanish army won the battle, and a slagheap, as it was built over an abandoned mine. That mine was said to be so deep that its galleries reached Hell itself, what, together with the mysteries regarding the attitude of Philip II before his death, has covered the place with many legends.

Although this edifice still exists nowadays, a replica can be brought forth. Spanning an area of over 3 hectares, its grill-like structure is an unintentional reference to the grill in which Saint Lawrence was killed, and its original design was supposed to be a copy of Solomon’s temple. A proof of that is the presence of statues of David and Solomon above the entrance to the basilica.

As it was built above an entrance to Hell, there are numerous legends concerning attacks of the Devil. Those legends say that he sent a large and black dog to attack the builders during the construction, and that he threw lightnings to the church after the monastery was finished in order to set it on fire. It is also said that, disguised as a pilgrim, he tried to convince a girl to pact with him, but attacked her since she refused, leaving a mark of impact on a stone after jumping to kill the girl. As it has been mentioned before, the king’s change of attitude before his death was probably influence of the Devil as well.

As the Noble Phantasm of an Alter, the palace has become an infernal building that exists mostly as an indicator of the gate to hell that lies open below. Its pagan nature weakens or cancels the effects of anything related to the sacraments of the Holy Church, depending on their rank. As a giant grill, the temperature inside is extremely high, unbearable for normal humans. Massive flames and lightning can appear from anywhere, setting everything on fire, but the structure won’t collapse unless an extremely powerful attack is performed. Large hounds made of shadows can be summoned as guardians. They are able to cause trouble to a first-rate magus, and they’re not a match for Servants, but can be a nuisance by means of sheer numbers. Their major weakness is holy light. If Philip is in danger, he can also bring forth a demon that can only be defeated with ease by a high-level Servant.

The classification of the Noble Phantasm as Anti-World doesn’t come from its destructive power, but from it being “the palace in which the man who was closest to rule the world lived”. It is a Noble Phantasm that attempts to dominate the World, not to destroy it.

I'm not completely satisfied with the result, mostly the third skill. I'll probably change its effects a bit. The reason why I made Philip an Alter is because I didn't want to make him a Rider with a generic army summon (of course, he'd summon his fleet).
    Now that I've left this clear, shred everything to pieces.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; August 27th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    not bad King of Padoru ! is he a non Direct-fighter if i have un derstand it right ?or has he direct combat abbilities ?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    His weapon is a sword and he has decent parameters for combat. Of course he can fight directly

Blog Entries
    For Philip's third Skill, shouldn't it make an exception for negating the abilities of Spanish rulers?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dumb me didn't consider the probability of him having to face a Spanish king, so I didn't add anything concerning that...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Can't say I'm familiar with the historical character so I don't know how much you exaggerated his demonization to achieve that NP, but I really like it. The rest of the sheet is okay but the NP really stood out to me.

The only thing I would change is that unspecified demon to a Phantasmal Species Daemon, just like
    From Hell
    Evil Mist Will Perish With London's Daybreak
    , which is also a NP that is a product of people's perception of someone (or something, in this case) as demonic.
    Last edited by pinetree; April 11th, 2018 at 07:45 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As someone who made a Mary Tudor sheet way back when (something else to add onto the remake list) it’s nice to see Phillip here, especially one like this. Only ‘critique’ about the skills is that Spanish kings is too specific, possibly stretch further to Spanish heroes as a whole? I also agree with pinetree ‘s thoughts on the NP.

Also no edgy anime F.C.? A missed opportunity.