Page 32 of 782 FirstFirst ... 22273031323334374282132532 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Well you can catch any pokemon with any type of ball. I said 'suitable for enlistment', I didn't say it was definite subjugation.

Although I might change it to a master ball, seems like it'd work better.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PenPen View Post
    I've always thought that Achilles, would make an amazing Berserker or even a rider.
    Berserker because of how he snapped when Patroclus died.
    Or rider because of the chariot he strapped Hector too after he killed him.
    I worked pretty hard on an Achilles Servant profile back when I first started posting in the old forums.

Wish I still had it somewhere to look at.

This is probably the nerdiest thing I've ever done. Tried to make a Servant who is as insanely broken as possible but can't actually beat anyone in a fight. I apologize to any Buddhists for my horrible mangling of Buddhist theology. Now I should seriously get back to working on exams.

SHIKIEIKI YAMAXANADU
    Class: Ruler (Rumor has it that this Servant also possesses the equipment to be summoned as a Rider, but she denies the fact.)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Stats:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Magic: A
    Agility: A
    Luck: A
    Class Abilities:
    Nullification: -
    All conditions and attacks targeting the ability’s possessor are returned to Akasha, regardless of the laws of cause and effect. This includes passive stat-altering abilities, bounded fields, Mystic Eyes, etc. Note that even positive effects will be nullified. The effectiveness of this ability depends on the attacker's sins. It is entirely effective against those burdened with negative karma, while the attacks of those with positive karma may flow through the Akashic link and return to inflict damage. (Due to the Servant’s respect for self-determination, Reality Marbles will not be destroyed. However, their presence is unlikely to matter.)
    True Justice: -
    Cannot kill opponents.
    Personal Abilities:
    Charisma: C-
    Persuasion and rhetoric will become more effective and linger in the target’s mind. (Due to the Servant’s Divinity stat, the target will briefly be unavoidably exposed to their true self; however, whether this has any lasting effect depends entirely on the target’s temperament and personality.)
    Discernment of the Poor: A+
    Almost impossible to deceive, regarding the true nature of others, through any means. Skill or magic related deception will be utterly ineffective. (Not related to this Servant’s Noble Phantasm, which draws upon Akasha and not personal ability.)
    Divinity: EX
    An existence outside of and beyond the realm of gods, and closer to Akasha. (Note: This Servant can be harmed by Anti-God Noble Phantasms. Damage is reduced overall, but depending upon their ability they may be quite harmful.)
    Noble Phantasm:
    Rod of Remorse: The Judgement of the Yama
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum Targets: 1
    A weapon which grows heavier proportionate to the sins of the target, but due to the constraints of the War, also their Endurance and protective conditions (abilities, armor, etc.) (Example: While Adolf Hitler’s sins are much heavier than Gilgamesh’s, the Rod of Remorse will weigh less to him because his Endurance is probably E compared to Gil’s C Endurance and protective charms and curses on his armor)
    Cleansed Crystal Mirror: The Judgement of the Self
    Type: Anti-Sin
    Range: n/a
    Maximum Targets: n/a
    Shows the Servant a true record of the target’s life, including a true understanding of why they acted as they did, when passive. Could potentially strengthen or weaken the Rod of Remorse in this form. When activated with the chant of “judge thyself,” the target is exposed to the full consequences of their lives--all the karma they brought into the world, through all time--through the pain and joy of others, laid open in its true form before Akasha’s absoluteness. (i.e., even if a person thought they were getting joy from hurting someone, it’s revealed as true spiritual pain.) The process occurs instantaneously in real time, but could take millions of years of perception. almost no amount of ego or mental serenity can protect the target from the truth of their actions. Despite the Servant's reputation, judgement falls in a complex, multifaceted manner. Those who come out with their egos intact will actually be stronger. (In its true form, the target sees through the eyes of other people, illuminated by the light of the universe, meaning that they will no longer exist as they were once it finishes. However, this use is reserved as judgement for those who have died and crossed the Sanzu River.)
    Her Heart of Spider Lilies: Tongues of Mahapadma and Avici, But Also Arupyadhatu And Rupadhatu--Distant Vista of Nirvana
    Range: n/a
    Maximum Targets: 1
    Shikieiki’s Reality Marble. A beautiful but melancholy world of dim twilight with a faraway, unreachable sun. The only features are very gently flowing, shallow water and drifting spider lilies. All beings will be drawn to the center, as the sun is the gentle summons of Akasha, or Nirvana. At the center lies Shikieiki’s knowledge, as an existence on the rim, a balancer who deals out the pain of Hell and the temptations of Heaven, of her infinite distance from Nirvana. Exposes the target to the essential distance of Nirvana, both their own and through empathetic experience everyone’s, even Shikieiki. (Just because the Noble Phantasm exists does not mean it will ever be used. As a ‘balancer,’ Shikieiki would never use it, as it represents a profound and even cruel violation of the Samsara. Also she’d probably lose her job.)
    Last edited by petalferrous; December 10th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

EX EX EX EX EX. The hand those out like m&m's now

Blog Entries
    Too OP, even though she's a Touhou character...seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh still wins.

No amount of ego or mental serenity can protect the target from the truth of their actions.
    Doesn't even matter that you threw that in there specifically to counter him, his ego is better.

Alright, I tweaked it a bit. Thanks for the advice, guys. I left in some EXes but tried to make them less excessive. I don't even really know if Yamas are huge shit in Buddhism or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yamas come from Hinduism, specifically the equivalent of "sins;" there's a whole lot of stuff in there. Yama himself was a dude who died and say the way to heaven, but that's not entirely related. A lot of stuff got really muddled in the transition from Hinduism to Buddhism to Chinese mythology to Japanese Buddhist-figures.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I'm really interested in Buddhism but I don't know a whole lot about it, so thanks. (yes doujin danmaku games and SMT are probably not the best source)

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petalferrous View Post
    I'm really interested in Buddhism but I don't know a whole lot about it, so thanks. (yes doujin danmaku games and SMT are probably not the best source)
    Buddhism is cooler from a fantasy standpoint in the Indian and Chinese stages, when it gets assimilated into local folklore and mythology (e.g. Journey to the West). Japanese Zen Buddhism is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Buddhism is cooler from a fantasy standpoint in the Indian and Chinese stages, when it gets assimilated into local folklore and mythology (e.g. Journey to the West). Japanese Zen Buddhism is boring.
    Haha, hell if I know the difference. Says on Wikipedia that Samsara is Indian so I guess that's the type I know a bit more about. I do like mythology (like most people on a Type-Moon forum i think!) but the idea of samsara and the general cosmology is nice to me philosophically. Religion and/or mythology is just really interesting in general.

---

Gilgamesh ground his teeth in wrath. How could anyone question his authority,
    his superiority, his splendor?!

"Know your place, cur... Gate of Babylon."

He smirked as the familiar sheen of his armory began to lighten up the night.

"I shall carve it into your flesh so that you will always remember your foolishness.
    Look at my glory and despair, for my name is Gilga-"

"I don't think so," was his opponents curt reply, "for you are the one who has
    forgotten his place. Raphèl maì amècche zabì almi!"

The very air trembled as ancient words of power were spoken. And instantly the
    unnatural light from the golden Servant's Noble Phantasm was extinguished.

"Wha-?"

"Do not assume to reign over cities which I have built or people that I have shepherded!
    The sovereignty you claim to possess is naught before me, your idols dead before my god,
    for I am Nimrod, king of kings, mighty before the Lord!"

---

Servant Avenger

True Name: Nimrod, Son of Cush
    Alignment: Neutral

Abilities

Strength: B+
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B+
    Magic: D
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: ?

Class Abilities

Beast Hunter - Rank A+
    Due to his hunting experience, the effectiveness of all actions taken
    against opponents with inhuman origins (eg. Dragon Kind) dramatically
    increases. Its effects can be described by temporarily granting Nimrod
    following skills:
    - Eye of the Mind (True) Rank A,
    - Knowledge of Respect and Harmony Rank B,
    - Bravery Rank A++: Enables him to match the strength of anyone
    he engages in direct combat, enhanced or not.

Personal Abilities

Bravery - Rank B

Charisma - Rank A
    Construction of Territory - Rank A+
    Being the founder and administrator of many cities Nimrod is an expert in establishing,
    maintaining and reinforcing territories which grant significant advantages to its owners.
    Examples could include reallocation of ley lines, obfuscating workshops etc.
    These advantages are nullified when fighting against Servants of Hebrew or Christian
    tradition (Micah 5:6: And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the
    land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof).

Unified Language - Rank ?
    Nimrod’s mother language that was spoken before the multiplication of languages.
    Once just a common tongue it now grants him the ability to convey and enforce his
    will in any human and discerning the true nature of all that is.

Noble Phantasm

Migdal Bavel - Disillusionment of Human Hubris

Nimrod is associated with the Tower of Babel even though it is never explicitly stated.
    Nevertheless many traditions attribute its construction to him due to it being erected in
    Babel, a city he founded.
    It is a symbol of humankind’s desire and failure to reach god punished through the multi-
    plication of languages which shattered the union of minds.
    In effect this Reality Marble seals all other Noble Phantasms, skills and traits attained through
    tradition reducing legends, heroes and myths to their origins: the single truth that led to their
    formation.

History

Cush was the father of Nimrod, who became a mighty warrior on the earth.
    He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said,
    “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD.”

The first centers of his kingdom were Babylon, Uruk, Akkad and Kalneh, in Shinar.
    From that land he went to Assyria, where he built Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, Calah and Resen,
    which is between Nineveh and Calah—which is the great city.

- Genesis 10:8-10

---
    Last edited by ylas; January 3rd, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ha, what a nimrod.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Ha, what a nimrod.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!

I like the design though. Of course, I'm also amused by how thoroughly it seals Gilgamesh in all aspects =D

Blog Entries
    It's funny that Nimrod is acting like the original here, when Gilgamesh's legend predates any mention of him. What a deluded mongrel.

Well, as long as it trolls Gilgamesh, I guess the truth does not matter, nyeh?
    Also: Word of God....literally.

On a more serious note: That is the contradiction within his Reality Marble;
    the truth about legends will be revealed while his own is further veiled.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You should make Tower of Babel a Gate of Babylon, but for summoning Gods/Demigods/Heroic Spirits.
    The Nasuverse version of the Tower of Babel was built to facilitate the descent of Gods.

And shouldn't Unified Language just grant him Charisma Rank EX?

PLATO
    The famed magician who brought the concept of Akasha to the Western world. Known for his theory of Forms, which he believed descended from Akasha. He was greatly influenced by the execution of his mentor, Socrates, at the hands of the Athenians. At the end of his life he saw the shadow of Akasha for a brief instant and gained certain abilities as a result.
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Stats:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: C
    Magic: A-
    Luck: E
    Class Abilities:
    Territory Creation: B
    As the majority of the Servant's magical prowess was spent in the pursuit of the Root and not conventional magic, the Workshop created will be better suited for the pursuit of abstract knowledge than practical, combat-related magic.
    Item Creation: -
    The Servant prefers not to use items to supplement his power.
    Personal Abilities:
    Charisma: D
    Oratory is extremely compelling, but those who innately disagree are likely to grow more entrenched in their views or become enemies than to change their minds.
    High-Speed Divine Words: D
    As a magus from the twilight of the Age of the Gods, he has access to this skill, and in his pursuit of Akasha came to understand its secret better than most. However, he did live as the gods were dying out, and hence this skill is largely degraded. Higher Thaumaturgy can be performed more easily overall, albeit as complex Ritual Magic, and overall casting speed improves.
    Eye for Art: A
    A brief glimpse of the shadow of Akasha's shadow, which he considered the most fundamental Form, gave him a limited ability to apprehend the true nature of things via his theory of Forms. Every last detail about an enemy Servant, their Master, and their Noble Phantasm become known when he sees the Servant or their Noble Phantasm.
    Noble Phantasms:
    Politeia: The Allegory of the Cave
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-5
    Maximum Targets: 1 person
    Plato's Reality Marble. It makes his theory of the existence beyond our own become real unto the area around him, visually symbolized with his allegory of shadows cast by fire on the walls of a cave. Despite its enormous philosophical importance, only useful as an educational device. May intimidate weaker-willed targets.

I thought it'd be funny, okay. I was hampered by my knowledge of philosophy being limited to Aesthetics 210. Also an option: Socrates was a woman and his lover, and this would tie into a second Noble Phantasm???

Blog Entries
    Archer
    Odysseus

Description:
    A rugged man in his late 30s, Archer has a tanned complexion and long blond hair, swept back from his forehead and hanging to his shoulder-blades. The stubble of a beard is ever-present on his face, which is lined with worldly experience. He dresses in functional clothing, wearing steel armor over a dark grey tunic and beige pants, with brown leather boots and armguards. Though considerate and jovial on the surface, he is ruthless and merciless to his enemies, willing to grind them into the dirt in order to secure a victory for his side. He enjoys telling stories about his adventures, but becomes quiet and reticient on the subject of his life at home.

History:
    Known in life both for his exploits during the Trojan War and for his ten-year odyssey that followed the war's end, Odysseus is a wily trickster known for his cunning and intelligence. Many of his adventures post-date the war, as he battled giants and sirens, escaped witches and even vengeful gods. His Odyssey is considerably more fantastic and unbelievable than his wartime service - for the very reason that he made everything after the war up. A consummate story-teller, Odysseus' ability to tell convincing tall tales earned him a greater place in legend than his ability as a tactician ever did, but it has left him with regrets enough to wish upon the Holy Grail for a single grain of truth: the loving family he only claimed to have.

Statistics
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: D

Class Abilities:
    Independent Action
    The capacity of Servants to subsist without a Master. At this rank, he is capable of existing for two days without an established contract, and is also able to remain for a short period of time even after his spiritual core has subsisted severe damage.

Magic Resistance
    Protection against magical effects. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:
    Eye of the Mind (True)
    The ability to effectuate rapid and precise judgments gained through experience and training. Archer is capable of calmly analyzing situations even during a battle, applying strategy and skills to turn the tables on his favor. As long as there is a 1% chance of victory, he is able to devise a plan to exploit that possibility.

Voyager of the Storm
    The talent to impel a ship and those who the user identifies with. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also have the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. At this level, sailors under his command are loyal but may occasionally disobey less important orders.

Persuasion
    The ability to use convincing arguments or logic to sway the hearts and minds of others. Archer is capable of weaving eloquent and powerful speeches with the intention of convincing all but the most resolute wills to see his way of thinking. If there is even a slim chance of changing another's mind, he is able to construct an appeal to exploit that possibility.

Noble Phantasms:
    Odysseia - The Many-Turning World
    Type: Support
    The cumulation of his ordeals told in his tales, Archer is capable of drawing on his vast experience traveling the world to alter the way others perceive it. By using prana to manipulate and refract light, he is able to shape anomalies into powerful and convincing illusions. Archer's great gift for story-telling and worldly experience allows him to create effective and bewildering illusions, deceiving the opponent at every turn to twist situations to his advantage. This Noble Phantasm is derived from the Odyssey said to be underwent by Odysseus at the hands of Poseidon.

Telemachus - The Twelve Shots that Pierce the Heavens
    Archer's most powerful trump card. Originally a composite bow said to be impossible for any one but Odysseus to string, this weapon fires bolts of concussive energy prior to being invoked. Invocation of this Noble Phantasm materializes twelve drill-shaped arrows, the true identity of Odysseus' Noble Phantasm, each carrying incredible rotational force. Telemachus is renown for being able to pierce almost any obstacle between it and its target, but its supply is limited - once all twelve shots are expended, they can only be "restrung" by a time-consuming and life-threatening ritual that greatly consumes the prana of his Master (and by extension his own spiritual body). As a result, Archer relies chiefly on Odysseia in battle, reserving Telemachus only for the most dire of situations or certain kills. The name of this Noble Phantasm honors the son of Odysseus in his tales, who aided him in his gambit to slay all twelve of his wife's suitors using this bow.

Mmm, I hope it's alright to post in here on my first post. These looked like fun. ^^;