Page 1756 of 1892 FirstFirst ... 75612561656170617461751175417551756175717581761176618061856 ... LastLast
Results 35,101 to 35,120 of 37826

Thread: The Type-Moon Miscellaneous Thoughts Thread

"killed"

At least they were still active in hercs time and stuff, like we have mycenean greek stuff from the general time periods of around 1000-800BC at least.

Odins earliest attestments is like early Ad or very late BC right?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    "killed"

At least they were still active in hercs time and stuff, like we have mycenean greek stuff from the general time periods of around 1000-800BC at least.

Odins earliest attestments is like early Ad or very late BC right?
    Archaeological remains, such as petroglyphs in Scandinavia, suggest continuity in Germanic mythology since at least the Nordic Bronze Age (so 1700 AC)
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Really?

Wanna check, is this like mycenean greece vs more well known greek myth or is it unchanged? or like transmitted motifs over time?

Since from my understanding the primary worship of it that can be verified (which is s tricky thing since a lot of it was written by christian monks...) is mostly AD right

Blog Entries
    Has Fate/Last Encore always been somewhat good? I've been psyop'ed into thinking it's the worst thing ever, but have actually watched it I don't think that's true.

マリーの味方
    i think it's hated mostly by people who like OG extra so wanted a normal adaptation (aka dumb people), and people who had no idea what was going on (people who didn't play extra)
    so you need to fit in the special sweet spot of someone who likes extra but are fine with it not being extra

Blog Entries
    I'm mostly indifferent towards Extra honestly, but Last Encore manages to capture mostly all the good things about Extra while still expanding it visually. It's an overall solid Fate anime.

Last Encore has always been good if you understand it. Some people fail to understand it and some people are strongly against the idea of having to consume extrenous media/data for the sake of understanding another piece of media

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bright Burning Shout is a certified banger.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Last Encore has always been good if you understand it. Some people fail to understand it and some people are strongly against the idea of having to consume extrenous media/data for the sake of understanding another piece of media
    So the warcraft methodology of putting expansion plotlines in books is good? yeah cause thats working out so well for them.

If i have to consider a fucking blog or book for a anime, then the anime failed and also begs the question of why not include that shit in the anime itself (inb4, muh script/they adapted it wrong, thats fucking irrelevant to the evaluation of the product in this context). And that isnt even including that some of us cant read japanese so we only have last encore by itself.

I dont wanna read a fucking blog to understand plotpoints, that's a failure of the show and not the audience. Lets take off the protection of last encore and note some actual issue's, there is a fucking character that dissappears with no explanation like the pink haired chick that is only resolved in a fucking audio drama, fights that require nasu to explain parts of in his blog, skipped floors and so on.

What fight did Nasu explain in his blog?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    In the part during Rin and Shinji's Zerkers fight, Amari also fought Rin alongside Vanagandr and was killed offscreen.

Her servant was fenrir if memory serves and rin killed it

There is also stuff about luck with charles drake gun not going off. Tamamo floor being put in a audio drama

Harping on audio dramas is your problem.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Relegating Amari's actions to a drama CD definitely impacts the quality of the show though.
    Well, it's less about what is in the CD and more about what they didn't do with her on the anime.

A lot of things just didn't make sense. It looked nice, but the fights were just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Bright Burning Shout is a certified banger.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i think it's hated mostly by people who like OG extra so wanted a normal adaptation (aka dumb people), and people who had no idea what was going on (people who didn't play extra)
    so you need to fit in the special sweet spot of someone who likes extra but are fine with it not being extra
    Are you trying to start something or what?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Holy shit Roa has the most fucking boring reality marble ever. We have dozens of cool ones like Lair of the Beast King and Unlimited Blade Works and Roa's is just double damage lmao.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry it doesn't exist anymore.

RE: Last Encore.

Of course it's good. In fact, it's one of only two EXTRA-verse things worth thinking about.

Another thing worth noting is that Amari wasn't 'explained' in his blog or whatever.
    Amari's role in the original script is that she takes the place of Shinji during a lot of the early parts of the First Floor. The whole thing with her Servant and whatever are just a bonus they added to sell a Drama-CD.
    For whatever reason they merged her and Shinji's role on First Floor for the actual anime, probably to streamline the plot somewhat. But it absolutely does not make the show much harder to comprehend.
    If you think the show's quality hinges on this you actually paid 0 attention.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 21st, 2022 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post
    Holy shit Roa has the most fucking boring reality marble ever. We have dozens of cool ones like Lair of the Beast King and Unlimited Blade Works and Roa's is just double damage lmao.
    The part 3 stand compared to part 4 stands

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Don't worry it doesn't exist anymore.

RE: Last Encore.

Of course it's good. In fact, it's one of only two EXTRA-verse things worth thinking about.

Another thing worth noting is that Amari wasn't 'explained' in his blog or whatever.
    Amari's role in the original script is that she takes the place of Shinji during a lot of the early parts of the First Floor. The whole thing with her Servant and whatever are just a bonus they added to sell a Drama-CD.
    For whatever reason they merged her and Shinji's role on First Floor for the actual anime, probably to streamline the plot somewhat. But it absolutely does not make the show much harder to comprehend.
    If you think the show's quality hinges on this you actually paid 0 attention.
    Don't get me wrong, I really don't care if she had a big dog in the CD or whatever.

I mean that Amari not only is a new addition, which immediately put the eyes of the entire audience on her, but also gets a fair amount of focus on her character and how it relates to the state of the Masters that were left behind, only for the show to never do anything with it. She makes enough appearances that it seems like the writers want you to remember her and expect something more, but is continually left aside for the sake of the wacky concepts of varying quality introduced in each floor.
    Girl ends up feeling like a waste of time in a show that was clearly struggling to fit everything in its limited runtime.

And then feels specially bad when you find out there was a whole impersonating Shinji thing that was left out, and that she just died in an early scene without fanfare.
    Last edited by pinetree; June 21st, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She's a minor character, it's at best nitpicking.

It's such a boring thing to focus on.