Page 139 of 858 FirstFirst ... 3989129134137138139140141144149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Does this mean the Crusades was really a giant otome game
    It's a tough competition, but I think you just came up with something crazier then the Marie Antoinette Otome idea. Good job!

It'd be the bloodiest Otome game in history though. Pretty much every participant would probably qualify as a yandere in some way...

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    It's a tough competition, but I think you just came up with something crazier then the Marie Antoinette Otome idea. Good job!
    Y'know there's actually a French Revolution Otome coming out at soonish? Found out about it while looking for FCs. It'd actually be a good source for them tbh.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Clearly, we must win Jerusalem-Tan's heart from that infidel Muslim-San.

DEUS VULT.

XD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sheets I plan to do at some point

• Avenger- Deirdre, Pandora (When materials are released)
    • Lancer- Sargon of Akkad (When Extella is out)
    • Caster- Ghatotkacha
    • Shielder- Aeneas
    • Ruler- Mary Magdalene (Or as Avenger)

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post

• Caster- Ghatotkacha
    • Shielder- Aeneas
    Interested to see what you come up with. I'd post something similar but it varies too much based around whether or not I can think up anything compelling. I have a pretty definite idea for the next like 2-3 but still

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

• Caster- Ghatotkacha
    • Shielder- Aeneas
    I remember reading a pretty cool Sargon of Akkad sheet by someone before so I'm looking forward to how you'll make him.

Blog Entries
    All I want for Christmas is...

Caster- Descartes
    Rider- Lewis and Clark
    Pinochet
    Berserker- Banshee
    Archer- Cet mac Magach
    Saber- Ana Lezama de Urinza
    Lancer- Ahab

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I legit don't recognize anyone from there except Ahab (if you mean the dude from Moby Dick). He's got a design in SF already iirc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    I legit don't recognize anyone from there except Ahab (if you mean the dude from Moby Dick). He's got a design in SF already iirc.
    Descartes is the Give Her the D guy, if it helps. Lewis and Clark are super famous American explorers but the rest are pretty obscure yeah.
    That's...the first I've ever heard of it. I just did a cursory scan of the SF thread and didn't see anything but I'll keep looking.

Caster- Descartes
    Rider- Lewis and Clark
    Pinochet
    Berserker- Banshee
    Archer- Cet mac Magach
    Lancer- Ahab
    hype for Descartes. Interested to see how you handle that one.

also Adlet do you not recognize Lewis and Clark? Maybe it's an America only thing?

as for what I "know" I'm doing:
    Al Capone
    Nietzsche
    Spiritual Sucessor to the Robert Falcon Scott rework
    Lincoln
    everything else is still up in the air
    Last edited by 4score7years; February 1st, 2017 at 02:04 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Descartes is the Give Her the D guy, if it helps.
    Oh lul

That's...the first I've ever heard of it. I just did a cursory scan of the SF thread and didn't see anything but I'll keep looking.
    Well maybe minor spoilers, but

Spoiler:

This is him. Not a Servant summoned in the SF war though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    also Adlet do you not recognize Lewis and Clark? Maybe it's an America only thing?
    I mean the names vaguely ring a bell, but I don't really know anything about them.

Lincoln
    Dead Apostle Hunter Lincoln or bust.

Iirc Nasu joked about how he wanted Lincoln to be a DA Hunter because of that one movie.
    Last edited by Adlet; December 12th, 2016 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name
    : James 'Jim' Bowie

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Class: Saber

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C+
    Mana- E
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Equipment: As well as the copious Bowie Knives he can summon, Archer also carries a simple old-fashioned handgun.

Appearance:

By Gran on Pixiv

Personality: A boisterous and rowdy, yet laid-back and fun-loving man. Intelligent and erudite beyond what you'd expect from his casual speech and rugged aura, the discerning glint in Archer's eyes assure him as one who can hold his own in argument and debate just as in battle. A carefree individual who doesn't hold grudges easily, Archer will have no problem sharing a drink with somebody who nearly killed him in a duel the very same day. "The way I live, it helps not to fuss 'bout ev'ry little thing. 'Sides, I survived didn't I?" is what he'd likely say.

Archer shows somewhat of a more feral and bloodthirsty side in battle, relishing in the chance to face off against worthy opponents. He also has an unbreakable sense of personal honor and would prefer certain death to the ignominity of surrender. There is but one regret Archer holds from his life. In his final stand at the Alamo, Archer was crippled with a severe, unknown sickness which prevented him from fighting at the front lines. Not being able to fight and give his life alongside his fellow soldiers on the greatest battlefield of his life is truly Archer's deepest shame, and his wish on the Grail is for a chance to redo that famous battle.

He has a few other quirks as well. Archer expresses a fascination for various types of knives and other bladed weaponry (including that of other Servants), quickly wanting to form his own collection. He is also insistent that his true name be pronounced "Boo-ee" not "Bow-ee", continuously correcting anyone who refers to him otherwise. A peculiarly insufferable trait in an otherwise laid-back Heroic Spirit.

Dislikes: cowards, stick-in-the-muds, illness
    Talent: knife fighting
    Natural Enemy: Santa Ana

Class Skills:

Independent Action (A)- Ability to sustain oneself without a supply of Mana from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can remain in existence indefinitely without active contract, though backup from a Master is required when utilizing Noble Phantasms of great magical energy. As an archetypal rugged individualist forging his own path along the American Frontier, Archer has a high rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance (E)- At this rank, does not truly negate Magecraft at all but merely lessens the damage a little. Archer was a modern-day hero who lived well after the decline of the Age of Gods and never encountered magic in life, hence his rank in this Skill is a bare minimum afforded by his Class.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation (B)- Ability to stay alive in combat, and continue fighting while injured. In his famous Sandbar Duel Archer survived two gunshots and seven stabbings, even managing to kill several of his opponents despite being grievously wounded himself. Even while hampered by a severe fever that brought him near death, Archer spent the final moments of his life fighting off the Mexican forces to his dying breath. This Skill is an expression not merely of his naturally high vitality and resilient physique, but his utmost fighting spirit as well.

Eye Of The Mind (False) (C)- Resistance to changes of visibility caused by visual interferences. Also called the sixth sense, or prescience; an innate talent to sense danger. Archer had an instinctual knack for combat which was further honed through the various duels he got into along his travels. He can read the course of battle and fluidly adjust his tactics to best counter the opponent's own fighting style.

Frontier Hero (A)- Connotes those bold heroes who made a name for themselves on the American Frontier, striving forth towards the distant horizon. Archer was a famous figure of the old Western Frontier, his courage, wit and tenacity engraving his name into the bedrock of American folk legends. After his death, many spurious tales sprouted up of him travelling the lands and performing various feats of gallantry, such as helping some naive planter's son or rescuing damsels in distress. Trick-shots with small arms, knife-fighting, horse-riding, use of old-fashioned remedies and other such abilities that could be expected of an American pioneer are practicable at C~B rank.

Noble Phantasms:

Bowie Knife- Legacy Blades Of The Frontier (D+, Anti-Unit): The famous knife supposedly crafted for Archer by the blacksmith James Black. In fact, the weapon's own nature and origins- from its true designer even to the very shape of the blade- are shrouded in mystery, and some doubt whether he ever wielded it at all. Regardless, the 'Bowie Knife' so called has been immortalized in American legends, an icon of the ferocity and rugged individualism which Archer so personified.

Archer is capable of calling out his signature knives at will, manifesting them into reality. As the exact nature of the knife Archer used is unknown, the blades he can summon are capable of taking a variety of different forms. While he favors the one most iconic of his legend- a shortsword with a thick, hefty and slightly curved blade reminiscent of a meat cleaver- Archer can actively vary the shape and size of his weapon in mid-combat to better take his opponents by surprise.

Archer can summon his myriad knives from the air itself and, as well as wielding them the normal way, can also fire them off at will like razor-edged missiles. Despite a low Mana ranking, Archer's deep connection with his namesake weapon allows him to manifest the knives easily in the dozens at only a minor expense of magical energy. While the Servant generally prefers the up-close-and-personal approach to knifeplay, it is this ability which allows him to qualify for the Archer Class.

As a last resort, Archer can also summon his original and most famous knife. Known as the 'Iron Mistress', it is a special blade supposedly forged from the remnants of a meteorite which fell to earth, boasting prowess far beyond his regular knives. Blue veins of power run all along the hefty curved blade, which is colored pure obsidian. It is a massive weapon appearing far more like a sword then a regular knife, which only Archer himself could wield at its full potential.

As the mystery surrounding this blade is greater then that of his others, it serves as his most powerful weapon- equal to a rank 'B' Noble Phantasm by its own right. When invoked by name, blue celestial fires envelope the blade- calling to mind its extraterrestial origin- as Archer brings down the weapon for a mighty slash that can split most defenses.

However, summoning this knife costs far more Mana then Archer's regular ones. As such, he only draws it out against those deemed a 'worthy opponent'.

Remember The Alamo- Last Bloodied Defense Of Liberty (B, Support): The second Noble Phantasm of Archer, and the shared dream of all who fought and died at the battle of the Alamo. As such, rather then a Noble Phantasm which exclusively belongs to Archer it is one that any Heroic Spirit of the Alamo would equally possess. Similar to the Reality Marble of a certain King of Conquerors, it embodies the combined will and fighting spirit of every last person to have given their lives in that famous battle.

Evoking the concept of a 'fateful last stand', Archer need only draw a line in the ground with one of his blades in order to set the stage for this Noble Phantasm's activation. This reflects when general Santa Ana had the Alamo completely surrounded with his forces and gave the defenders inside one final chance to surrender and beg for leniency before the Spanish crown. Instead, the Texan general Travis pulled out his battle sword and carved out a line in the sand, explaining that all who crossed it would choose a near-certainty of valiant death over the ignonimity of surrender. All but one of the Texan defenders chose to cross the line, including Archer himself who- sick with a serious fever at the time- asked for several of his fellow soldiers to carry him across so that he would fight alongside his countryman to the last.

Upon choosing to cross that drawn 'line', Archer receives a rank-up to all parameters and his Battle Continuation Skill is boosted to rank A for the remainder of battle. He also gains the ability to summon spectral wraiths of those that died in the Alamo to fight alongside him. However, this only includes soldiers whose names were forgotten by history or otherwise lacked the fame to become Heroic Spirits in their own right. Those that qualify as true Heroic Spirits of the Alamo, such as the Wilderness King Davey Crockett, lie far beyond this ability's scope.

While a powerful ability that can certainly turn the tide of many battles, this Noble Phantasm has one glaring weakness. The crossing of the line is an irreversible act that permanently closes off the possibility of retreat. Retreating or surrendering will thus have the same consequences as death, Archer's body literally dissolving apart into Mana if he even attempts such acts. Invoking this Noble Phantasm sets up one simple dichotomy: fight, or die. No exceptions.

Of course, given Archer's personality, it is unlikely he should ever try to retreat in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A book I've been reading referenced this guy and my mom took an interest in him so I decided to write him up as a Heroic Spirit. Might be a little overpowered given how modern he is, but I feel it's justifiable enough given his level of fame. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; July 31st, 2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Added likes & dislikes

Blog Entries
    Iirc they were two reporters who fell in love and discovered the Pacific Ocean, and I think one of them was an alien?

Blog Entries
    hype for Descartes. Interested to see how you handle that one.

as for what I "know" I'm doing:
    Al Capone
    Nietzsche if I can figure out what the fuck he was on about. Seriously never has one man contradicted himself and been misinterpreted so many times. So that one is going to take a ton of reading.
    Spiritual Sucessor to the Robert Falcon Scott rework
    Lincoln
    everything else is still up in the air
    Nietzsche sounds dope, and isn't it about time you did Lincoln?
    I was thinking of doing Capone myself, but another gangster is sounding more entertaining so there'll be plenty of tommy gun wielding bastards around soon

Oh lul

Well maybe minor spoilers, but

Spoiler:

This is him. Not a Servant summoned in the SF war though.

I mean the names vaguely ring a bell, but I don't really know anything about them.

Iirc Nasu joked about how he wanted Lincoln to be a DA Hunter because of that one movie.
    Needs more Young Ahab with Venom Snake fc

Thats weird. I guess it must be an American thing.

And yeah. That's definitely getting a mention in the sheet

Jim Bowie: Man, way to show me after that whole ramble about American Heroic Spirits. This is a very nice sheet. Frontier Hero is a good way to encapsulate all the general myths surrounding, well..Frontier Heroes. Bowie Knives Phantasm is a pretty neat encapsulation of the legend. Certainly better than anything I would have come up with. Archer class over Saber also contributes to that. Second Phantasm is a bit more simple but I do like the flavor that every Alamo hero would possess it.

In a hypothetical Grail War, I'd see this guy as the 'friendly rival' sorta role, like Diarmuid in F/Z. Also, is his name actually pronounced "boo-ee?" Seriously?
    Last edited by 4score7years; December 12th, 2016 at 02:13 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    True Name: James 'Jim' Bowie
    ''Forged from a meteorite'' ''extraterrestrial origin'' Taking inspiration from Babylon and Quetzalcoatl, I take it? Interesting Servant. His original skill and bowie knife are flavoured enough for me to dig them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Iirc they were two reporters who fell in love and discovered the Pacific Ocean, and I think one of them was an alien?
    Sounds believable.

Needs more Young Ahab with Venom Snake fc
    Just givin' you his canonical design in case you wanted to use that, but him looking like Venom Snake in youth seems p believable. Without the military attire, at least.

Thats weird. I guess it must be an American thing.

And yeah. That's definitely getting a mention in the sheet
    Well I mean all I learned about is 70% WWII and like the 19th century and 30% about French Revolution, American Revolutionary War and important things like that. So any name besides that I recognize only thanks to me taking interest in myth/history after getting into Fate.

As for Lincoln, you could make it so that the DAs appeared during the American Civil War like in Crusades.

Blog Entries
    In a hypothetical Grail War, I'd see this guy as the 'friendly rival' sorta role, like Diarmuid in F/Z. Also, is his name actually pronounced "boo-ee?" Seriously?
    Well, either pronunciation is valid but it seems that "Boo-ee" was actually the one used in the American South and what the man would likely have referred to himself as. You can use whatever one you like though. (Personally, I still say "Bow-ee")

- - - Updated - - -

''Forged from a meteorite'' ''extraterrestrial origin'' Taking inspiration from Babylon and Quetzalcoatl, I take it? Interesting Servant. His original skill and bowie knife are flavoured enough for me to dig them both.
    I know almost nothing about GO's Babylon event other then it involves Tiamet in some way. Were they any particular reveals as to extraterrestrial weaponry? I mainly included it because there is a popular legend that Bowie's original knife was forged from a meteorite and it seemed like a good way to inject a little more fantasy into his sheet.

For me it was 70% America 30% Euro 0% literally anything else.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since we're saying sheets we'd like to see... I dont think i've seen anyone make a Catherine the Great sheet so that would be interesting to see.

Caster- Descartes
    Rider- Lewis and Clark
    Pinochet
    Berserker- Banshee
    Archer- Cet mac Magach
    Lancer- Ahab
    Cet would be good to see, he did kill the wakame king of Ulster with a petrified brain.

Since we're saying sheets we'd like to see... I dont think i've seen anyone make a Catherine the Great sheet so that would be interesting to see.

Cet would be good to see, he did kill the wakame king of Ulster with a petrified brain.
    Wait, seriously? I just assumed someone had done one by now but I guess not. I guess I'll add that one to the "maybe" pile.

Also, what