Page 170 of 858 FirstFirst ... 70120160165168169170171172175180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    A good way to start 2017 by releasing the guy that make 2017 exist in the first place.
    Harem Queen Gudako when?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wada arco got there first
    Spoilered for size

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I imagined Gudako dominated the likes of Emiya and Fergus.

Aggripina: didn't even see this one yesterday, sorry. Nice Fc. Skills are pretty cool, but the three NPs are basically just increasing versions of the same thing. I guess that's fine, but I wonder if you might be able to combine them all into one somehow.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Purely out of curiosity, if you could somehow pick one (1) of your original Servants to show up in canon, which would it be?
    Hm, hard to say, but I think I'd go with either Huld or Ragnar Lodbrok as an antagonist-type character, or maybe Smid or Amleth as a protagonist-type character.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; December 31st, 2016 at 10:32 AM.

Oh yeah also, Hermes, the new Phantasm for Guy Fawkes is better. Has a bit more uniqueness to it than the old one. I like it.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone else done research for a sheet and found they've come to really like that particular person/legend/myth/era of history/etc.? In my case, for example, before I did Yuenü's sheet I knew little of Chinese history and myth outside of Mulan and Daji, etc. and now I've started getting more into it. Similarly, I've come to find that Agrippina the Younger and her whole family + their associates are a really... unique... bunch. The Julio-Claudian dynasty, as a whole, is very interesting.
    Last edited by Historia; December 31st, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Has anyone else done research for a sheet and found they've come to really like that particular person/legend/myth/era of history/etc.? In my case, for example, before I did Yuenü's sheet I knew little of Chinese history and myth outside of Mulan and Daji, etc. and now I've started getting more into it. Similarly, I've come to find that Agrippina the Younger and her whole family + their associates are a really... unique... bunch. The Julio-Claudian dynasty, as a whole, is very interesting.
    Agrippina the Elder was so feisty.
    Oh, definitely. Honestly as long as you do your research well it's not a bad way to learn new things, especially since you are less likely to forget information once you write it into your sheet. Or at least, I'm finding that to be true for myself.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Actually all of my Servants are the selection of people I like the most. I feel like if I don't like them to a fanboying level I will not do the sheets justice, so I didn't bother making them.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Made some alterations to Guy Fawkes Noble Phantasm.
    Seems very Killer Queen like now with blowing the targets up from inside and the finger trigger detonator. Though, I suppose that's inevitable when dealing with that sort of ability...

Any particular reason you ditched his second NP? (The effigy one)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I came to be rather more interested in the Byzantines after doing a couple sheets for them. Does that count?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know anything about Charles Martel
    and then I did and he okay.
    Thank you Ryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Aggripina: didn't even see this one yesterday, sorry. Nice Fc. Skills are pretty cool, but the three NPs are basically just increasing versions of the same thing. I guess that's fine, but I wonder if you might be able to combine them all into one somehow.
    Sorry for what? All I did was clean it up and re-post it in the new format I've adopted.

As for the NP, I could just call it something like "Vox Populi (Voice of the People)" and just put the three tiers underneath it, but, no, they won't be combined.

Sorry for what? All I did was clean it up and re-post it in the new format I've adopted.

As for the NP, I could just call it something like "Vox Populi (Voice of the People)" and just put the three tiers underneath it, but, no, they won't be combined.
    For not noticing? Just weird word choice I guess.

I think that's fine. You said you're doing a Lily version of this, right? It'll be interesting to see that.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    So... This is my first time posting something here... Hope it's not too OP...

---

I almost went for Sherlock from the Camelot Singularity without the hat and edited hair...

"So, what Weird Tales shall I pull out today?"

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral, but gets degraded (eventually) to an incomprehensible state by his Personal Skill.
    Armament: A book that makes your head hurt every time you look at it.

Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Mana: B
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills

Class Skills:

Item Creation: C
    The skill to create magical items. Caster is more inclined to make writings with this skill, but he also uses this to create items from his Noble Phantasm. He cannot create standard magical items.

Territory Creation: D
    The ability to create a 'Workshop'. On this rank, Caster can create a Workshop the size of a small room where he can create writings at twice the usual speed.

Personal Skills:

Sanity Contamination: E~EX
    Caster was a writer that pioneered the cosmic horror genre, and so, the perception of the readers on what could the author be warps the very image of Caster. This skill has two effects, which is:

1. This skill allows Caster to use his and/or his Master's SANITY to use spells/create objects instead of Mana.

2. With each usage of SANITY, this skill's rank will increase. Every increase of rank will affect Caster's behaviour in some way, until Rank B (or equal to his Mana), where his sanity starts to crumble and all summons/objects gets a Rank Up. On Rank EX, all 'human' thoughts and actions are gone, but all of his stats gains a Rank Up.

Oh, and his sanity also ties to his Master's sanity, so be careful.

Weak Constitution: D
    Weakness of one's body because of an ilness. During his lifetime, Caster was suffering from malnutrition and intestine cancer due to a lack of funds, so this skill makes Caster's body pretty thin and makes him hungry at random times. During battle, if Caster is hungry, he gets a Rank Down on Strength and Endurance until his hunger is sated.

High-Speed Incantation: B
    Using the alien tongue of the Elder Ones, Caster can summon objects and familiars by using just a fraction (or maybe more, because the Holy Grail has a hard time processing such... Eldritch information) of a word to materialize the desired item.

It is advised for Masters to cover their ears while Caster is incantating, lest their SANITY reduced to a mere shadow of what it was once before.

Noble Phantasm

Nekronomikon; Guttural Howls from the Edge of the Universe (Anti-Unit, C)
    The legendary human-skinned book of Dead Names, a grimoire holding secrets from aeons beyond. Caster is the only 'human' being that can read its contents, using the vast eldritch knowledge to pull out objects (literally) that can be vaguely called as weapons to be used in battle.

The objects that Caster can pull out can be categorized into three sections:

Mundane Items: These encompasses things such as Yithian rayguns, the Silver Key, the Shining Trapezohedron, etc. Caster's favorite item to use it the Yithian raygun, which inflict damage equivalent to a D-Rank attack to a normal human. Mundane items costs Mana to pull out, and drains Mana to sustain.

Summons: To retain his Item Creation skill, this section has beem mostly sealed. The only abomination that Caster can summon is the Nightgaunt, which he uses as an attacking familiar. Nightgaunts cost Mana to summon, but drains Sanity (mainly from Caster and/or his Master, but can also drain Sanity from other people if available) to sustain itself.

Body Modifications: This section consists of grotesque limbs and growths on Caster's hand that 'pulled out' the said modification. Ranging from bladed limbs to a fleshy acid launcher to partially turning his arm into a black whirlwind, this section is Caster's most versatile 'pulls' from Nekronomikon, but also the most dangerous. These body modification requires a hefty Sanity cost, and drains Sanity at a much faster rate than Nightgaunts until dispelled. Caster's skill, Sanity Contamination also increases by a Rank after every 'pulls'.

The book itself actually have a pretty high mana consumption because it grants Magic Resistance C to both Caster and his Master, so Caster usually resorts to using Sanity to power the book on dire situations only. Using the book also drains Caster's SANITY more than usual.

History Tidbits

Caster's True Name is Howard Phillips Lovecraft, or H. P. Lovecraft, an American author that is known for his horror stories. During his lifetime, he was fairly unknown, until the 20th Century, where his tales became one of the most significant works in his genre.

Born in Providence, Rhode Island, he spent most of his life there trying to contact the Old Ones via dreams and recording the encounters with them in stories, which will be known today as the 'Cthulhu Mythos'.

The H. P. Lovecraft that is summoned here is pretty different from photos taken during his lifetime, but that is just because due to Japan's influence over media, the Holy Grail must choose between a bishie, young man, or a young girl with a man's soul. For everyone (and the Grail's) sanity, it chose the former.

---

So, that's probably it for my first sheet. Any suggestion is embraced openly, thanks!
    Last edited by MehKitteh; May 23rd, 2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Cleaning up.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

MehKitteh: First of all, welcome to the forum! It's always nice to get some new faces around here.

Some comments/suggestions for your sheet:

-Territory Creation able to make a Workshop is B rank, not D.

-Could you provide some more concrete examples of what he could get out of the Nekronomikon, more specific than "objects that can be vaguely called as weapons" and "familiars"? A little detail would help your sheet feel a bit more fleshed out, I think.

-Sanity Contamination lets him use sanity as mana, so why does it matter that his NP has a high mana cost? I guess he only uses Sanity Contamination when he has to, but since he "usually resorts to" his Phantasm "in dire situations only"...???

-"Caster is more inclined to make writings with this skill, but he also uses this to create items from his Noble Phantasm. He cannot create standard magical items." What do the writings do? Also, if he is just summoning stuff from his Noble Phantasm, he doesn't actually get a rank in Item Construction. (With Gilles, because his Noble Phantasm summons tentacle monsters already, his Item Construction skill is sealed.)

Mainly just some clarification stuff and additional detail. I look forward to what you come up with in the future, and once again, welcome to BL!
    Last edited by 4score7years; January 1st, 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Praise the lord, no Magical Girl Lovecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Praise the lord, no Magical Girl Lovecraft.
    ...have we had one of those? I just remember Hermes's, which had a guy kinda similar to this one.

Blog Entries
    Servant Beast VII:

True Name: Gaea

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Strength- D (EX)
    Agility- C
    Endurance- A++ (EX)
    Mana- EX
    Luck- A++
    NP- EX

Appearance
    :

Personality: Beast appears to have a "split personality" of sorts, her essence being torn between two opposing manifestations. Half of the time, she acts as a cheerful, kind-hearted and lovey-dovey girl who refers to all living beings as her "children" and delights in doting upon them all equally. However, around humans she shows a far more unhinged and psychotic side to her personality, ranting on how they are "filthy ants infesting her body" which need to be expunged at all costs. While Beast unconditionally loves all her other children, particularly the giants, she harbors nothing but the utmost hatred for humanity and Divine Spirits that protected them. All are her enemies. All must be destroyed without mercy.

If asked to explain her stance, Beast would say that humans have sinned by transgressing against the natural will of the planet and as such have become parasites upon its surface. Since she foresees humankind will inevitably destroy the Earth itself through their insatiable lusts, wiping them out first is only a matter of preemptive self-defense for her.

Such is the merciless reasoning of Beast. However, in reality that only disguises a distorted mentality. While normally the earth mother's disposition would be a balance between the motherly and wrathful aspects of nature, it seems for some reason the latter side has become unduly emphasized in Servant Beast.

Though it's unknown just what caused this fracturing of her mentality, it can be assumed to have something to do with a certain alien race that seeks the destruction of humankind for mysterious ends. If humanity finally manages to surpass their own creator, only then will the XXXXXX unveil their true nature and intentions.

Indeed, as overwhelming as she is, the Seventh Beast's awakening is merely a prelude of the true extraterrestrial threat to humanity which is to come... Ganbare, Chaldea!

Dislikes: humanity, the Gods
    Talent: progenesis
    Natural Enemy: Alaya, Damasen, Zeus, Prometheus

Class Skills:

Independent Manifestation- A
    Class Skill of Beast. An ability which utterly crushes the conventions of the Servant ritual and allows Beast to summon and sustain herself in existence regardless of a contract or supply of Mana. Beast's true nature is synonymous with the planet itself, and as such she can freely manifest herself anywhere that her reaches span- in other words, any location on Earth.

Having no true physical body, Beast instead "constructs" for herself a temporary vessel out of all natural materials which happen to be near by. Stray dirt and stones, trees and water, even natural waste will all be drawn from the surrounding area as if by strong magnetic force before compressing down into a humanoid form, resembling an attractive young girl with ethereal features and perpetually half-closed eyes.

Since her true "body" is the entire planet, destroying any of Beast's manifestations will do nothing to dampen her power or ability to reform herself in future. To truly destroy the Seventh Beast would mean either killing the Earth itself, or else somehow finding a way to conceptually sever her existence from the physical planet bearing her name...

However, as the resulting body is created out of materials from the surroundings and not raw magical energy like most Servants, Beast is uniquely vulnerable to mundane weaponry without any spiritual element such as machineguns and explosives. She can be considered a Demi Servant-like existence dependent on a physical vessel in order to take form in the world, obtaining distinct advantages and vulnerabilities as a result.

Authority Of The Beast: Potnia Theron- EX
    A supreme divine authority granted to one conceptualized as the originator of all life on Earth. Since Beast is regarded as the primordial genesis from which all life- Gods, Titans and humans alike- spawned off from, she possesses a peerless rank in this Skill. Beast's presence imposes a strong mental interference on any born from the earth, rendering them incapable of defying her authority or attacking her in any way.

Interestingly, humans alone can show a degree of resistance to this enchantment depending on their level of resolve, for they are the only species to exist as part of Gaea while at the same time independent from her. The event of humankind developing language as a means of grasping the natural world can be conceptualized as a child finally leaving their mother's womb in order to forge their own individual path. Needless to say, this marks the human race as most hated and feared foes of the Servant Beast.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance- EX
    Connotes enhanced sight. At higher ranks, it surpasses mere eyesight to reach the level of Precognition or other supernatural forms of perception.

As the holder of an EX rank in this Skill, Beast's eyes can see glimpses of the entire past-present-future of the Earth, including alternate timelines. On some accounts, Beast is the original deity by the Oracle of Delphi, having passed on her powers of prophecy to her divine children such as Apollo. By the way... this foresight also includes the possible future where she herself is slain by her human children, her body reduced to a lifeless carcass for mankind to defile.

In order to avert that future of children rebelling against their parents, a supreme act of motherly discipline is necessary. Or so Beast believes, anyway.

Suppression- B

A natural talent to suppress one's killing intent. At this rank, Beast's murderous intentions are highly difficult to discern until the very moment of attack.

As a ploy to kill her hated husband Ouranos, Beast enticed the sky god to come back down to earth and make love to her as he had in days past. Once he'd gotten close enough, Beast revealed her true intentions as her giant sons sprung out of their hiding places and pinned him down, while Kronos dealt the mortal blow.

Beast is capable of utterly concealing her hatred for humanity and projecting the impression of an alluring and beautiful girl with irresistible charm. Incidentally, this form can be regarded as closer to her natural state as a goddess...

Divinity- A+

Measures one's Divine Spirit aptitude. At this rank, one is surely either a great god oneself or very closely tied with one. Though the "true" Beast is not a god, having predated the concept of such by millennia, the Beast worshipped across human history as a giver of life is indisputably a powerful Divine Spirit.

Anesidora- A

The opposite side to her
    Potnia Theron
    Authority Of The Beast
    , a Skill representing Gaea's nature as one whose bountiful womb supports and nurtures life. Grants bonuses to all those she recognizes as her "beloved children". This includes Giants and other such beasts, but humans are exempted since she bears a strong grudge against them.

The name of this Skill derives from an epithet of Gaea's used in worship; "Anesidora" being Greek for "Giver of Gifts". A symbol of Beast's maternal nature, showering blessings on all her children. Or at least, those she approves of...

Mandate Of Destruction- ?

A "hidden" Skill invisible from Beast's stat sheet. A subconscious imperative inscribed into her divine core insuring that all paths she takes will be to realize the extinction of humanity. It is this Skill which turned her from a normally peaceful earth mother goddess into the Servant Beast which exists to destroy・devour humanity. Rather then an aspect of her own nature, it is something implanted in her by the XXXXXX as an experiment of sorts... A spiritual virus which turns the greater body against its own cells is one way to put it.

Noble Phantasms:

Harpe Kronos- Scythe Of Patricide (A, Anti-Divine): The scythe which Beast created to slay her loathed husband, the sky father Ouranos. While it was her giant son Kronos to ultimately do the deed of murdering Ouranos, Beast was the one to have actually created the weapon and as such may call upon it as her Noble Phantasm.

A divinely forged weapon created from Beast's sacred essence, comprised of a material Adamantine which does not exist in the world of mortals. It appear as a long, wickedly curved scythe of gleaming dark metal, with a handle that appears to be carved out of a living tree, vines and flowers still growing along the shaft. This form reflects its origins as a tool of the earth mother and would likely possess a somewhat different appearance when wielded by her son Kronos.

As the weapon which slew and mutilated a god, it exhibits a terrifying aura that chills the very blood of any who look upon its blade. It is also endowed with the 'refraction of longevity' attribute allowing strikes from the blade to bypass conceptual defenses and inflict lasting wounds on erstwhile immortal beings.

Furthermore, a potent curse is imposed upon managing to draw the blood of any foe with Divinity of rank C or higher. All the foe's parameters are lowered by two ranking while Skills representing godly authority such as Divinity, Goddess Divine Core and High-Speed Divine Words will be summarily sealed. This derives from how the scythe was used to castrate Ouranos before dealing the finishing blows; the castration symbolizing a loss of his masculine and divine authority.

It is truly a weapon embodying Beast's grudge against the gods, created not merely to destroy those she despises, but humiliate and brutalize them utterly.

This is a digression but, the name 'Harpe' also belonged to the curved blade of Perseus given to him by Athena to slay the Gorgon Medusa. Though their nature and origins are totally different, their shared legend of divine-forged weapons which slew an immortal being assures a certain degree of similarity...

Gigantomachia- Great War Of Giantkind (A+++, Anti-Pantheon): A Noble Phantasm representing the famous legendary struggle between Beast's children, the Giants, and the Olympian Gods for supremacy over the Cosmos. Of course the gods eventually won, killing many of Beast's beloved giants or banishing them beneath the earth, where their writhings occasionally brought earthquakes and other such phenomena. Through sublimating Beast's mythical role as a mother over all giantkind, her body itself becomes a catalyst with which to summon her giant children into the world.

Simply by shedding a drop of her blood and letting it soak into the ground, Beast can manifest any of the children from the depths of the earth at her command. Differing from the normal familiars she can birth, these are true superhuman existences equaling or rivaling Heroic Spirits in might. Each giant has their own unique personality, Skills and even individual Noble Phantasms, making them formidable threats to face alone, far less in great numbers.

Each giant shares the Skill Gigantomachy at varying rank, serving as composite of Divinity and Monstrous Strength while also granting parameter bonuses when facing foes descended from the particular god they were created to oppose. Even if brought down, the giants can rapidly reform up from the ground, Beast's authority over the earth granting a form of quasi-immortality to her favored children.

Only a mortal and divine being (defined as one with Divinity of rank C or higher) dealing a lethal blow in tandem can bring down one of Beast's giants for good.

As this essentially makes Beast a Master for multiple Servant-level existences, the burden of magical energy it imposes is tremendous. Unfortunately, since her own supply of Mana is even greater, that is scarcely an issue for one at her level.

Pangaea- All Life Originates From Thee, Oh Mother (EX, Anti-World/Anti-Humanity): Less of a true Noble Phantasm then an utmost expression of Beast's supremacy over the earth. The pinnacle of her Authority Of The Beast: Potnia Theron. The earth itself is Beast's very flesh and its water, her blood. As such, she naturally has uncontested authority over all its phenomenon. Trees extend their branches to bind and skewer her opponents, the ground opens up under their feet to swallow them whole, rivers are rerouted to wash over them...

Essentially, this grants her a form of the Marble Phantasm afforded to Elemental Spirits applying to the entire planet within her domain. As a passive effect, she can also instinctively sense and 'feel out' the locations of anyone touching the earth no matter how far away, equal to Presence Detection at rank EX. Any other Noble Phantasms deriving from the earth can also be reconceptualized and subverted to Beast's will, turned against their original wielders. Not even crystallized legends can go against the authority of the Earth Mother.

These are mere passive effects, and do not even require Beast to unleash her Noble Phantasm's true name. Should she do so, the true power of Beast's almighty authority becomes known. All earth and natural materials within a continental range is rapidly drawn to and absorbed into Beast's current body, enlarging and distorting her appearance greatly.

Eventually she becomes a towering giantess with an incredibly imposing appearance. Her body is covered by an armor-like coating of solid rock strewn with moss and other plant material. Her unnaturally beautiful face is solid marble, and what appears at a careless glance to be hair is in fact entire colossal trees cascading down her back, writhing and twisting of their own accord. Her scythe also rises to an absurdly massive size, fit to be wielded in her now gigantic state.

This is Beast's true form and the embodiment of her divine authority, granting her an unmatched level of power to destroy those deemed enemies of the planet. Strength and Endurance both rise to EX rank, utterly unquantifiable under the ordinary scale for Heroic Spirits. Also, as she embodies the entire planet, Beast in this state is effectively invincible to all attacks below an Anti-World, Anti-Planet or similarly powerful designation. She truly is a nigh unstoppable force.

However, as a far greater amount of Beast's essence is stored within this body then usual, in the event of its unlikely destruction her spirit will be severely scattered across the planet, taking decades or centuries before she has even the slightest chance of reforming herself.

By the way, the name of this Noble Phantasm originates from the 'Pangaea' hypothesis of geological history where all the earth's landmasses were once formed together as part of a single massive 'supercontinent'. Putting it in mythological terms, it's not an exaggeration to say that time would be when Beast's power and authority were at their apex.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those who frequent the Grand Order lore thread might remember be talking about Gaea as a possible candidate for Seventh Beast. Pretty much immediately after posting that I got the idea to write her up as a Servant with that in mind. I'm aware she appears kind of absurdly hax but keep in mind, she was balanced with the likes of Tiamet and Goatia in mind. Basically supposed to be the 'maximally overpowered final boss character'.

I also included hints of the Velber being involved, to justify why Gaea would oppose humanity in the first place (since a bunch of people in the Lore thread told me she wouldn't normally). And it would also add another cliffhanger, since God only knows the story of Grand Order is never going to freaking end. (First Solomon, then the Beasts, then ???...)

Furthermore, I finally switched up the formatting of Skills to match that of Hermes and others. Given I'm OCD about getting the text segments to line up neatly, it's far easier to do that when I can use multiple spaces rather then being stuck with a single 'block' (where I basically have to pray it comes out okay).

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; August 11th, 2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added author's note, switched up Skill formatting

I'd comment but I don't feel qualified. Leaving this one to the lore people

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    I'd comment but I don't feel qualified. Leaving this one to the lore people
    Aw, you can still comment if you want. I'm never one to turn down feedback!