Page 173 of 858 FirstFirst ... 73123163168171172173174175178183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name: Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos, the Black Priest, Ahtu, as many names as there are ways for men to fall into madness...

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Summoning Catalyst: A certain bizarrely angled gemstone...

Strength- D
    Agility- C
    Endurance- D
    Mana- EX
    Luck- B
    NP- EX

History:
    Heck, it's pretty short... Might as well cite the source directly
    Nyarlathotep . . . the crawling chaos . . . I am the last . . . I will tell the audient void. . . .

I do not recall distinctly when it began, but it was months ago. The general tension was horrible. To a season of political and social upheaval was added a strange and brooding apprehension of hideous physical danger; a danger widespread and all-embracing, such a danger as may be imagined only in the most terrible phantasms of the night. I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places. There was a daemoniac alteration in the sequence of the seasons—the autumn heat lingered fearsomely, and everyone felt that the world and perhaps the universe had passed from the control of known gods or forces to that of gods or forces which were unknown.

And it was then that Nyarlathotep came out of Egypt. Who he was, none could tell, but he was of the old native blood and looked like a Pharaoh. The fellahin knelt when they saw him, yet could not say why. He said he had risen up out of the blackness of twenty-seven centuries, and that he had heard messages from places not on this planet. Into the lands of civilisation came Nyarlathotep, swarthy, slender, and sinister, always buying strange instruments of glass and metal and combining them into instruments yet stranger. He spoke much of the sciences—of electricity and psychology—and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude. Men advised one another to see Nyarlathotep, and shuddered. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished; for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmare. Never before had the screams of nightmare been such a public problem; now the wise men almost wished they could forbid sleep in the small hours, that the shrieks of cities might less horribly disturb the pale, pitying moon as it glimmered on green waters gliding under bridges, and old steeples crumbling against a sickly sky.

I remember when Nyarlathotep came to my city—the great, the old, the terrible city of unnumbered crimes. My friend had told me of him, and of the impelling fascination and allurement of his revelations, and I burned with eagerness to explore his uttermost mysteries. My friend said they were horrible and impressive beyond my most fevered imaginings; that what was thrown on a screen in the darkened room prophesied things none but Nyarlathotep dared prophesy, and that in the sputter of his sparks there was taken from men that which had never been taken before yet which shewed only in the eyes. And I heard it hinted abroad that those who knew Nyarlathotep looked on sights which others saw not.

It was in the hot autumn that I went through the night with the restless crowds to see Nyarlathotep; through the stifling night and up the endless stairs into the choking room. And shadowed on a screen, I saw hooded forms amidst ruins, and yellow evil faces peering from behind fallen monuments. And I saw the world battling against blackness; against the waves of destruction from ultimate space; whirling, churning; struggling around the dimming, cooling sun. Then the sparks played amazingly around the heads of the spectators, and hair stood up on end whilst shadows more grotesque than I can tell came out and squatted on the heads. And when I, who was colder and more scientific than the rest, mumbled a trembling protest about “imposture” and “static electricity”, Nyarlathotep drave us all out, down the dizzy stairs into the damp, hot, deserted midnight streets. I screamed aloud that I was not afraid; that I never could be afraid; and others screamed with me for solace. We sware to one another that the city was exactly the same, and still alive; and when the electric lights began to fade we cursed the company over and over again, and laughed at the queer faces we made.

I believe we felt something coming down from the greenish moon, for when we began to depend on its light we drifted into curious involuntary formations and seemed to know our destinations though we dared not think of them. Once we looked at the pavement and found the blocks loose and displaced by grass, with scarce a line of rusted metal to shew where the tramways had run. And again we saw a tram-car, lone, windowless, dilapidated, and almost on its side. When we gazed around the horizon, we could not find the third tower by the river, and noticed that the silhouette of the second tower was ragged at the top. Then we split up into narrow columns, each of which seemed drawn in a different direction. One disappeared in a narrow alley to the left, leaving only the echo of a shocking moan. Another filed down a weed-choked subway entrance, howling with a laughter that was mad. My own column was sucked toward the open country, and presently felt a chill which was not of the hot autumn; for as we stalked out on the dark moor, we beheld around us the hellish moon-glitter of evil snows. Trackless, inexplicable snows, swept asunder in one direction only, where lay a gulf all the blacker for its glittering walls. The column seemed very thin indeed as it plodded dreamily into the gulf. I lingered behind, for the black rift in the green-litten snow was frightful, and I thought I had heard the reverberations of a disquieting wail as my companions vanished; but my power to linger was slight. As if beckoned by those who had gone before, I half floated between the titanic snowdrifts, quivering and afraid, into the sightless vortex of the unimaginable.

Screamingly sentient, dumbly delirious, only the gods that were can tell. A sickened, sensitive shadow writhing in hands that are not hands, and whirled blindly past ghastly midnights of rotting creation, corpses of dead worlds with sores that were cities, charnel winds that brush the pallid stars and make them flicker low. Beyond the worlds vague ghosts of monstrous things; half-seen columns of unsanctified temples that rest on nameless rocks beneath space and reach up to dizzy vacua above the spheres of light and darkness. And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time; the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods—the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.

Appearance: A tall and imposing man with broad shoulders for his slender build and youthful, delicate features underlying a highly masculine frame. He has heavily tanned skin, long flowing hair colored an unearthly silver and deep golden eyes that seem to peer into one's soul and whisper a thousand fathomless words. Wears stereotypical Egyptian clothes in the style of a Pharaoh's regalia, with a flowing purple cloak draped across his shoulders, a bare torso and gold armoring over his arms and legs. To blend in better with the modern world, he also favors a sleek, jet black business suit, appearing as if it were woven from shadows themselves.

Personality: Playful, scheming and haughty, Caster is an unfettered sadist who finds utmost delight in tormenting humanity and driving them to madness. He shows an almost orgasmic degree of pleasure in breaking the minds of humans. Though appearing to "hate humans", Caster's true perspective is exactly the opposite. Rather, he loves humanity with all his heart. Loves their sins and foibles. Their weakness and vulnerability. Their foolish pride and oh-so-easily broken minds that cling to some semblance of order even on the knife's edge of despair. Caster is someone who drinks deeply in all such things as if they were the finest wine.

If asked for his wish on the Holy Grail, Caster would simply state with a wicked grin- "To plunge this entire world into exquisite madness from which there is no awakening."

Though operating as the messager of the Elder Gods, Caster is actually contemptful of his more powerful kin, referring to them as "Gibbering fools that would sit around and do nothing all day when there are perfectly good humans to torment. Honestly, they're really no different then furniture..."

His mentality is closer to humans then he'd care to admit, sharing such things as pride and a refusal to admit the possibility of one's own defeat. Though he enjoys breaking the minds of others, Caster's own mentality may start to unravel if it looks as if his "lowly playthings" have gained the upper hand against him.

Caster also enjoys perusing depictions of himself across popular culture and, despite expectations, even takes amusement in a certain portrayal of him as a quirky and affectionate girl from Japanese pop-culture. Though, if asked he will certainly say that- "I would've devoured that fool Mahiro in a heartbeat."

Likes tormenting humanity, entertainment
    Dislikes: humans of an unbreakable will, boredom
    Talent: driving men to madness
    Natural Enemy: a certain writer who glimpsed his true nature...

Class Skills
    :

Territory Creation- B
    Ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this rank, creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible. Reflecting his assumed identity of a pharaoh and scientist, all territories Caster creates through this Skill will resemble a queer cross between a modern day scientific laboratory and an ancient Egyptian Mage's workshop.

Item Construction- B

Ability to craft magical items.

Caster can construct bizarre instruments of glass and metal which, while apparently scientific in nature, defy the common sense of man in ways which suggest only sorcery. Those contemplating overly much into Caster's "marvels" may risk a loss of sanity, as there are some things Man was not meant to understand...

Personal Skills:

Eldritch Charisma- A

An alien variant of Charisma possessed by Elder Gods. Caster's words are cloaked in an unearthly glamor and those exposed to his presence will naturally have their minds twisted and reason eroded into slavish followers to the foul god. Susceptible followers will begin to view Caster as a divine spirit infinitely beyond the feeble minds of man, while more sensitive individuals are able to discern an aura of malaise and grotesquery lurking beneath his otherwise handsome features.

Under his various incarnations and identities, Caster formed numerous cults worshipping him across human history, driving countless humans to madness and despair.

Egypt Magecraft (False)- B+

Connotes apparent proficiency in Magecraft of the ancient Egyptian tradition.

Caster's spells outwardly resemble archetypal Egyptian Magecraft, such as conjuring up scourging sandstorms or rays of light from the god Ra to scald enemies. However, those with a deeper magical sense can discern a subtle unease and primal wrongness from Caster's spellcraft, alien to any magical system on Earth.

In truth, Caster's sorcery merely borrows from the imagery of the ancient Egyptian tradition out of amusement and to better cement his current "identity". His true magical power consists in evoking his kin, the Elder Gods from beyond the void. Should he ever grow tired of such mimicry, an even more terrifying power becomes known.

Unworldly Revelation- A

A variation of Revelation for those who received guidance from dark powers. A sixth sense accomodating all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the optimal path while travelling). Because of its alien and irrational nature, it cannot be explained to others clearly, or so says Caster.

Caster claims this Skill allows him to "hear the voices of the Elder Gods", guiding him to enact their will. However, because of Caster's own independent nature, he mostly ignores these voices in favor of following his own sadistic whims. A bothersome and unmanageable existence even by Elder God standards.

Alien Mentality- C-

Denotes a mindset alien and incomprehensible to mankind. Differing from the Mental Pollution Skill which regards one whose mentality has become distorted, this is a Skill for those whose minds were set apart from humanity at conception. Like that Skill, it grants protection from mental interference based Thaumaturgy but- since one's mentality is fundamentally alien from others- true mutual dialogue and relation become nearly impossible.

Caster is an Elder God, a being which is unfathomable to human minds by nature. However, Caster himself was the most "human" of his kin by far, taking an interest in humankind and even choosing to speak their language rather than his own eldritch tongue. He has additionally lowered his own ranking in this Skill upon summoning in order to further satiate his curiosity regarding the humans he delights in tormenting.

While in taking a roughly human mind he can affect humans and even reason with them to some degree, he likewise can be affected in turn and as such gains a greater susceptability to mental interference based Thaumaturgy.

Noble Phantasms:

Nephren-Ka- False Symbol Of The Pharaoh (C, Support): An intricate regal headdress of the Egyptian style, reminiscent to that worn by the legendary Pharaohs of old. Caster claims it to be the manifestation of his kingly authority and to enhance the effects of his Magecraft, but this is in fact a lie. Its real power is instead to disguise Caster's true hideous nature. While he wears it, Caster's true name and alignment become obscured even to his own Master. In addition, his Eldritch Charisma, Egypt Magecraft (False) and Unworldly Revelation are falsely overwritten with their regular variants, while his Alien Mindset is disguised as Divinity of equivalent rank.

To all observers (including possibly even his own Master), it will appear as if Servant Caster is simply a great Pharaoh endowed with the power of Egyptian gods, and not the otherworldly abomination he is in truth. However those with a great deal of spiritual sense are still able to sense something subtly 'off' about Caster...
    This ability is immediately and permanently sealed after his Noble Phantasm-
    Crawling Chaos King
    Nyarlothotep
    is unleashed...

The name of this Noble Phantasm derives from another assumed identity of the Elder God Caster, the Black Pharaoh of Egypt who drove his people to madness and performed horrific occultist rituals in his quest of obtaining a certain mythical stone before subsequently having his very name stricken from history.

Nyarlathotep- Crawling Chaos King (EX, Anti-Team): Less of a proper Noble Phantasm then a manifestation of Caster's "true" form and visage which he keeps sealed normally. Upon invocation, Caster's body becomes that of a shapeless rift in the world from which innumerable shadowy dark tendrils begin to emerge, along with hideous madly darting eyes and ghastly disembodied mouths moaning in a thousand chittering voices.

Reflecting his title of the "Crawling Chaos", this darkness can crawl and slither along the ground at great speed, dissolving all in its path into horrific primal chaos. Ordinary humans will be devoured instantly upon contact with the rift, while Heroic Spirits may be able to resist consumption for a degree depending on their Mana ranking.

Caster in this form is a true eldritch abomination, an existence fundamentally anathema to the integrity of the mortal world. Simply gazing upon him erodes the sanity of humans, risking temporary madness from a prolonged stare. This effect can be defended against based on one's level of resolve and Skills granting resistance to mental interference, such as Bravery or Soul Of A Martyr- but not Mental Pollution, as an already degenerate mentality is no help against further corruption.

At his fully awakened power, Caster would be able to envelope the entire world in a day and plunge the souls of all men into madness. However, the limitations of his spiritual vessel as a Servant prevent Caster from tapping into his true fount of otherworldly power, making it possible for him to be defeated by regular Servants.

Rather than a true transformation, this Noble Phantasm merely opens a gateway to another dimension where Caster's true body dwells, allowing him to partially manifest it in the world. Even without invoking its true name, Caster can call upon aspects of his hyperdimensional "body" such as shadowy tendrils, mouths and laser-shooting eyes opening up in the fabric of space itself to attack and defend with.

"I have over a thousand bodies, all of which could drive you to madness at a glance. This one is merely my favorite!"

Shining Trapezohedron- The Many Angled Stone (A+, Anti-Unit): A mysterious blood-red gemstone composed of twisting bizarre angles which hurts the eye to look at. This stone serves as Caster's summoning catalyst, being the ideal artifact with which to invite the Elder God into this world. Those that gaze deeply into the gemstone are said to be able to see all of time and space refracted within its lurid depths. As such, Caster can look into it to gain the advantages of Clairvoyance at rank EX. Ordinary humans can also utilize this aspect, but the prolonged encounter with such an artifact is likely to drive them to madness or at least leave severe psychic scars.

However, this Noble Phantasm's true power lies in its legend as "a means for the Elder God to instantiate himself in the world". Anyone to even glance upon the gem- defined by light bouncing off it and entering their eyes- is immediately "marked" as a suitable vessel for Caster. Should he ever perish in the Grail War, Caster will automatically begin to "reincarnate" through the selected individual, gradually twisting their own personality, body and mind into his own. For ordinary humans the process will take several days while for Heroic Spirits of great psychic resilience, it may take weeks or be staved off indefinitely.

Magic Resistance of rank B or higher is enough to negate the initial "marking", while Skills granting resistance to mental interference can help defend against Caster's encroachment upon the target's psyche. Furthermore, even while fully corrupted some faint glimmers of their former mind may still remain, and can temporarily hijack control of their original body in order to sabotage Caster in key moments. Of course, given his overall contempt for humanity and low view of their resolve, Caster is loathe to ever even conceive of the possibility that a "lowly human" could successfully resist his control- a key blind spot which could prove his decisive undoing in the Holy Grail War.

Once fully incarnated, Caster then gains access to all his original Skills and Noble Phantasms in the new body, twisted to resemble his own as much as possible although certain factors (i.e gender) remain immutable. This is a very dangerous Noble Phantasm that effectively allows Caster a second (or third, or fourth...) chance of winning the Grail War, for he can continue reincarnating himself indefinitely so long as "marked" individuals remain (though keep in mind, only one can be suitably marked at a time).

Also, this effect can only activate if the stone itself is placed in complete darkness following Caster's death. If it is kept constantly in light or destroyed afterwards (though it is nearly indestructible to attacks of A+ rank or below) then the conditions of this Noble Phantasm cannot actualize.

This Noble Phantasm was originally a relic possessed by one of Caster's previous hosts, the Black Pharaoh Nephren-Ka who was obsessed with obtaining it, keeping the stone in his possession in a vast windowless pitch-black pyramid so its powers would forever be active. Later the stone resurfaced in an Archeological expedition in ancient Egyptian ruins and came into ownership of a certain Dr. Robert Blake, who was driven to calamity and eventually death through its fell influence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Lovecraft sheet Kitteh posted up a few pages ago got me thinking about the Cthulhu mythos. Never seen a portrayal of Nyarlahotep as a Servant before (though Lovecraft himself has been done quite a few times) so I decided to write him up over the span of a couple hours. It ain't got nothing on the hypothetical glory of Mahou Shoujo Lovecraft (which I still have not decisively decided against doing, by the way) but I hope it's at least interesting in its own right.

As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; August 8th, 2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Added two new NPs

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    wouldnt Nyarlothep be a Divine Spirit or even a TYPE?

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Well I wouldn't say a TYPE since IIRC TYPES are just the Ultimate Being of a planet so I'd say a Divine Spirit since Nyar's playground is the Cosmos itself
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    Well I wouldn't say a TYPE since IIRC TYPES are just the Ultimate Being of a planet so I'd say a Divine Spirit since Nyar's playground is the Cosmos itself
    He's... something, alright. Not sure exactly how someone like him would fit into the Nasuverse (I think I recall an official material somewhere saying that True Demons are the closest thing to Lovecraftian gods in that setting). I just thought the idea of him as a Servant seemed fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    He's... something, alright. Not sure exactly how someone like him would fit into the Nasuverse (I think I recall an official material somewhere saying that True Demons are the closest thing to Lovecraftian gods in that setting). I just thought the idea of him as a Servant seemed fun.
    Huh.

Anyhoo, now I have an urge to write up those guys who killed Yog-Sothoth's son as Servants

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    wouldnt Nyarlothep be a Divine Spirit or even a TYPE?
    Divine Spirit? Maybe no. Then again, Nyarlathotep is worshipped in many places around the world, so maybe at least one of those cults deemed the Crawling Chaos as a 'hero'. Even though such humane adjective does not apply to Nyarlathotep.

Personality: Playful, scheming and haughty, Caster is an unfettered sadist who find utmost delight in tormenting humanity and driving them to madness. He shows an almost orgasmic degree of pleasure in breaking the minds of humans. Though appearing to "hate humans", Caster's true perspective is exactly the opposite. Rather, he loves humanity with all his heart. Loves their sins and foibles. Their weakness and vulnerability. Their foolish pride and oh-so-easily broken minds that cling to some semblance of order even on the knife's edge of despair. Caster is someone who drinks deeply in all such things as if they were the finest wine.

If asked for his wish on the Holy Grail, Caster would simply state with a wicked grin- "To plunge this entire world into exquisite madness from which there is no awakening."
    Nyarlathotep looks like some sort of Gilgamesh-Ozymandias-Gilles bastard. Not that I'm complaining.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

Quote Originally Posted by MehKitteh View Post

Nyarlathotep looks like some sort of Gilgamesh-Ozymandias-Gilles bastard. Not that I'm complaining.
    Is that not what he is???

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Okay, maaaaaaybe I was watching Haiyore! Nyarko-san too much...

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Hey, by the way, Mr. "Totally-Not-Eldritch," have you actually made anything eldtritch-y?

Then again I still haven't made Lincoln yet so...

Nº 1 fan of the Best Book Gallereon's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    502781857 (NA server)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallereon View Post
    Click here for the sheet
    I finally finished the adjustments I wanted to make to the
    Spoiler:
    Afonso I
    sheet.
    Thanks for the advice.
    My One True Waifu

That moment when you´re being shipped on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    You guys should get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    For I think manafusion understands Gallereon better than any of us can expect to do.

Blog Entries
    Whenz Hastur

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Whenz Hastur
    Nothing from August Derleth please, I had enough with Haiyore! Nyarko-san.

---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---

Blog Entries
    Whenz Hastur
    Hastur is not really Servant material. Even Nyarla is stretching things quite a bit but he at least is fairly human-like in mindset. There's no real way to depict most other Elder Gods as Servants unless you go the full meme route and have them as cute boys/girls with powers vaguely themed off their authorities, Nyarko style.

And I still want to conserve my meme points in case I ever write up that Mahou Shoujo Lovecraft idea. Cthulhu knows that'd be the silliest Servant I've ever done...

Blog Entries
    Servant
    Class: Saber
    Alternate Classes: Berserker
    Master:
    True Name: Macbeth, King of Treachery
    Sex: Male
    Height/Weight: 191cm/83kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil (Lawful Neutral)
    Dislikes: Shakespeare, Macbeth (the play)
    Talents: Killing Others
    Natural Enemy: Shakespeare

Appearance

Stats
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B-
    Agility: B
    Magical Energy: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: E
    Grants protection against magical effects. This rank cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat. In life, Saber not only had very little exposure to Magecraft, but what exposure he did have utterly destroyed his life.

Riding: B
    The ability to ride and control mounts. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, Saber cannot ride Phantasmal Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation: -
    The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. This skill has been absorbed into Saber’s Noble Phantasm.

Evaporation of Sanity: A
    Reasoning is disappearing, making it impossible to keep any secrets. Saber will near constantly experience hallucinations condemning him, which will only make him hallucinate more. In this endless cycle of guilt, Saber will be carelessly mumbling out secrets such as his true name. At this rank, this skill also functions as both a form of Instinct and Mental Pollution.

Innocent Monster: B
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this personal skill cannot be removed.

In truth, Macbeth, the Red King, was a normal king who inherited the throne and ruled Scotland from 1040 to 1057. However, he was later used as the murderous, usurper king in a play, written to appease the new King of Scotland and portray his bloodline the ‘true’ bloodline.

Noble Phantasm
    No Man of Woman Born, the Twisted Prophecy of the Witches: C (Anti-Self)
    Saber’s Noble Phantasm represents the fate given to him - that nobody, born of a woman, could kill him - by the trio of witches who caused his downfall.

The Noble Phantasm’s name is somewhat misleading, despite its otherwise straightforwardness. No Man of Woman Born makes it so that no human being, regardless of gender, who was ‘born of a woman’ is capable of killing Saber. No matter how strong the opponent, no matter how numerous, as long as they were ‘born of a woman’ they will be incapable of killing him.

Of course, as the witches who gave him this fate were not doing so out of kindness, what exactly counts as being ‘born of a woman’ is rather flexible. If the opponent was born of a something non-human, such as a beast or goddess, or they could be considered to not have been born in a normal way, such as having been removed by a caesarean section, then No Man of Woman Born will have no effect upon them.

It is worth noting that opponents, while being unable to kill him, can severely damage Saber and put him so thoroughly out of action that they need only find someone who can circumvent the Noble Phantasm to finish him off. It is also worth noting that attacks that are A+ Rank or higher can overwhelm No Man of Woman Born and kill Saber regardless of the birth conditions of the opponent.

--

Okay, so I finally made my next Servant. Once again it could probably be better, but I'm overall rather pleased with this one. If I was going to change anything it would be to add a little section describing his personality better and mention that his wish for the Holy Grail would be that the Macbeth play was never written to taint his name. Oh well.

Feel free to rip me a new one if you want, though I'd prefer constructive criticism. Especially if it's pointing out typos or something.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    It's about time we had a Macbeth Servant, honestly.
    A few things. For one, Battle Continuation has no rank, and I'm not entirely sure if that was intentional or not. Innocent Monster could almost do what Evaporation of Sanity does by itself, since he probably wasn't insane historically, but the Instinct bonus is enough to make it worthwhile.
    I have to ask if you took inspiration from my latest sheet, but either way it works pretty well. I especially like the bit about C-section babies being exempt from the effect.

It's about time we had a Macbeth Servant, honestly.
    A few things. For one, Battle Continuation has no rank, and I'm not entirely sure if that was intentional or not. Innocent Monster could almost do what Evaporation of Sanity does by itself, since he probably wasn't insane historically, but the Instinct bonus is enough to make it worthwhile.
    I have to ask if you took inspiration from my latest sheet, but either way it works pretty well. I especially like the bit about C-section babies being exempt from the effect.
    Pretty sure we've had one. And I think battle continuation was supposed to be a part of the Phantasm. (This skill has been absorbed by his NP)

Blog Entries
    Update: I just added a new NP to Nyarla that allows him to masquerade as a 'normal' (well, normal by Servant standards) Pharaoh. I figured the reveal as to the true nature of his charisma and Magecraft would come off as a lot less impressive if any shmuck Magus could view them off his stat sheet the whole time...

Any feedback?

- - - Updated - - -

Also added a Summoning Catalyst section referencing a certain mythic stone...

Update: I just added a new NP to Nyarla that allows him to masquerade as a 'normal' (well, normal by Servant standards) Pharaoh. I figured the reveal as to the true nature of his charisma and Magecraft would come off as a lot less impressive if any shmuck Magus could view them off his stat sheet the whole time...

Any feedback?

- - - Updated - - -

Also added a Summoning Catalyst section referencing a certain mythic stone...
    The changes are pretty nice imo, particularly the first new Noble Phantasm. The other NP is a bit weird, but it's pretty cool. It reminds me of the Joker twist from the Batman Beyond movie, if you've seen that.

I like the added depth and potential for insane plot twist shenanigans. "You thought I was just some pharaoh? Guess who just got torn apart by an eldritch tendril monster!", followed by "Oh you thought the eldritch monster was dead? Not even close". Also feels well-balanced to me: assuredly very strong and full of shenanigans, but not unstoppable.

What do the strange glass things do?

Blog Entries
    ...And I just gave him the stone itself as a third NP. Really wish I did a little more research on the guy (er, eldritch abomination) before posting him up but at least I feel I've more-or-less included everything relevant at this point. It also makes him yet another (relatively) overpowered final boss character I've done in the last couple weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    The changes are pretty nice imo, particularly the first new Noble Phantasm. The other NP is a bit weird, but it's pretty cool. It reminds me of the Joker twist from the Batman Beyond movie, if you've seen that.

I like the added depth and potential for insane plot twist shenanigans. "You thought I was just some pharaoh? Guess who just got torn apart by an eldritch tendril monster!", followed by "Oh you thought the eldritch monster was dead? Not even close". Also feels well-balanced to me: assuredly very strong and full of shenanigans, but not unstoppable.

What do the strange glass things do?
    Yeah, I basically intended his first NP with that exact kind of plot-twist in mind. I imagine for ideal dramatic value even his own Master wouldn't realize just what kind of Servant they actually summoned... (Having used the Trapezohedron as a catalyst without understanding its true nature)

Out of curiosity, did you read this before or after I'd added the Trapezohedron itself as an NP? Sorry for driving all you guys mad with my constant updating... Serves me right for just posting up the sheet a couple hours after writing it up, I guess. And it is ironically fitting that my first Lovecraftian sheet would be driving people mad from frustration... *shot*

Not sure what you mean by 'strange glass things', though.

Yeah, I basically intended his first NP with that exact kind of plot-twist in mind. I imagine for ideal dramatic value even his own Master wouldn't realize just what kind of Servant they actually summoned... (Having used the Trapezohedron as a catalyst without understanding its true nature)

Out of curiosity, did you read this before or after I'd added the Trapezohedron itself as an NP? Sorry for driving all you guys mad with my constant updating... Serves me right for just posting up the sheet a couple hours after writing it up, I guess. And it is ironically fitting that my first Lovecraftian sheet would be driving people mad from frustration... *shot*

Not sure what you mean by 'strange glass things', though.
    After. It's another nice twist, I think, and with that he's going full Orochimaru from Naruto. (Weird dude who can transform into a monster and body-snatches guys? Somehow the lovecraftian monster is the less creepy weirdo of the two though)

I was talking about Item Construction. The marvels of glass and metal.