Page 214 of 858 FirstFirst ... 114164204209212213214215216219224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

As Caesar loved me, I weep for him;
    as he was fortunate, I rejoice at it; as he was
    valiant, I honour him: but, as he was ambitious,
    I slew him.
    - Brutus, Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
    Class: Assassin

Alignment: Lawful Good

True Name: Marcus Junius Brutus

Appearance:

Parameters:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Espionage: C+ - Rather than the ability to hide his presence, Assassin can hide his hostile intent. Unless they were to learn Assassin's true name, an enemy is unlikely to notice Assassin's enmity. He finds this skill easier to use against foes that he actually likes, since he finds it difficult to hide his contempt for those he truly hates.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: C - The ability to interact with and lead others. Assassin is not particularly suited for leadership, but his ability to befriend and pacify others, even large crowds, is exceptional.

Disengage: B - The ability to withdraw from combat. For Assassin, the skill is more akin to 'retreating from the scene of a crime', escaping from a murder before the victim's allies can take revenge. In the midst of a fight, Assassin can withdraw without problems unless he is a priority target.

Reputation of Treachery: A - The legend of one whose name has become virtually synonymous with betrayal. Anyone who learns Assassin's true name will become completely unable to trust him, negating the effect of Espionage, and reducing the effect of his Charisma. It will also drive a wedge between Assassin and his Master, no matter how close their relationship was previously. In addition, the presence of a such a Servant taints the trust between all pairs in the war, creating an atmosphere of distrust among all who learn his name. There is only one Servant who has this skill at a greater rank.

Noble Phantasm:
    Tyranny's Fall
    Sic Semper Tyrannis:
    C+++ Rank Anti-Unit

Sic Semper Tyrannis, a shortened version of the phrase Sic Semper Evollo Mortem Tyrannis, meaning "Thus always I bring death to tyrants." A phrase attributed to Brutus, though he never actually said it, that went on to become a rallying cry against misrule. Famously, the phrase was adopted as the motto of Virginia, and was shouted by John Wilkes Booth after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln - though Lincoln could hardly be considered a tyrant in the vein of Caesar.

The Noble Phantasm is an embodiment of the concept of justice towards tyrants. Always, a cruel ruler will fall, as if the people or the land itself rebels against them.

After calling out the name, this attack strikes with the force of every enemy the target has ever made, every person they every hurt. Their curses of enmity come together to combine into a single strike, a perfect weapon for assassination. Any warrior will have made such enemies by the hundreds, even thousands, but even such a strike might mean little to a martially adept Servant. Any King, however, particularly a cruel one, will, through the far-reaching consequences of their actions, will have such enemies by the tens of thousands. Even for a kind ruler, the attack is difficult to withstand. Against a callous ruler, the attack is a guaranteed death sentence.

In terms of history, this can be considered the attack of every conspirator against Caesar rolled into one.

Lore:
    Dislikes: Tyrants, People willing to give up their Freedom
    Talents: Making Speeches, Money Lending, Betrayal
    Natural Enemy: Octavian

Biography: The legend of Brutus, a man regarded by some as the noblest of idealists, and by others as the most despicable of traitors, was not a simple one. He was descended from the noble Lucius Junius Brutus, a man instrumental in the overthrow of the last king of Rome, the tyrant Tarquin. Brutus always took immense pride in this heritage, believing in liberty above all. As the civil wars of Rome went on, Brutus acted to preserve his family's legacy, to make sure than Rome never fell into the hands of tyrants again.

Brutus found himself acting against Caesar multiple times - first opposing Caesar's triumvirate, then later siding with Pompey when the two came into conflict. He judged Pompey's cause to be more just, even though he'd killed Brutus' own father. Even in this battle, Caesar ordered Brutus to be left alone - perhaps out of regard for Servilla, Brutus' mother and Caesar's lover. Or perhaps he suspected that Brutus could be his own son. Unlikely, as Caesar would have been fifteen at Brutus' birth, but not impossible.

In any case, the two reconciled after this battle, and the two became friends. Caesar was impressed with Brutus' conviction and sense of justice, and Brutus found himself drawn to Caesar's magnetic personality. Over time, Caesar developed a complete confidence in Brutus' character, and though Brutus had some misgivings about the power Caesar wielded, he saw that he cared for the people, and was no true tyrant.

If Cassius had not convinced him otherwise, Brutus may even have become Caesar's successor. Whether Cassius was correct in his judgement of Caesar, whether his conspiracy was motivated by patriotism or jealousy, the effect remains the same. Brutus came to see Caesar as a threat to the freedom of the Roman people, and so, plotted to kill him.

The conspirators confronted Caesar on the ides of March at a senate meeting, drew their knives and attacked. Even after seeing Caesar give up after seeing him among his killers, Brutus did not waver. Even as he, himself was wounded in the frenzy, Brutus remained true to his convictions. For Brutus, nobody but Caesar had to die; he ordered the other conspirators to spare Mark Antony, who had accompanied Caesar to the senate, but had been detained by a conspirator.

After this, Brutus spent some time trying to restore Rome to liberty - but this was disrupted as Mark Antony, at Caesar's funeral, revealed the will of Caesar, which granted seventy-five Drachmas to every Roman citizen. At this, and Antony's speech, the people were roused against Brutus, and he and his allies were forced to flee the city. Not long afterwards, Caesar's allies rallied their forces against Brutus'. The armies met on the fields of Philipi, and though Brutus won the first engagement against Octavian, he lost the second against Antony. Knowing his army was defeated, he committed suicide rather than be captured.

Whether Mark Antony truly called him the "noblest Roman of them all" is unknown, but he did show respect for Brutus by wrapping his corpse in his most expensive mantle. In the end, Brutus failed to prevent Rome from falling into the hands of tyrants.

Personality: Brutus is a man of principle. Though he regrets his actions in life for various reasons, he cannot condemn them; his ideals are all he has left. He is the type of person who would instantly turn against any Master who he finds repugnant, consigning himself to probable death rather than working in their service. Even if he had befriended them before realising this, he would turn against them in an instant. Against any cruel Servant or Master that stamps on the people's freedom, he will commit himself utterly to their destruction. Any others, he will attempt to befriend, and to learn of their motives and history. He will seek out alliances wherever possible, both fake and genuine.

He finds the modern world fascinating. As an Assassin, his priority is not confrontation, so he would spend plenty of time walking among the people, gaining a greater picture of the state of the world.

Brutus is completely unwilling to reveal his true name, synonymous as it is with betrayal. He dislikes what his legend has become, though has resigned himself to it. His wish is utterly selfless; for a world without tyranny, a world where all people have the gift of liberty. For that end, he will accept the fate of a traitor, and kill any allies, even his Master, who would get in the way of this wish.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IS THAT THORFINN HEROIC SPI--oh nvm
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

SSW: Very nice. Excellent work with his personality, and you did a well to build a cohesive theme throughout the sheet. The Noble Phantasm is especially fitting with the character you've built. All told, I think it's great.

Who was the HS with the higher rank in Repuation of Treachery? Judas?

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    SSW: Very nice. Excellent work with his personality, and you did a well to build a cohesive theme throughout the sheet. The Noble Phantasm is especially fitting with the character you've built. All told, I think it's great.

Who was the HS with the higher rank in Repuation of Treachery? Judas?
    Thanks! There's a thin line between having a strong theme and being kind of one-note, and I was worrying I might have not pulled it off. I felt like I was writing 'tyranny' a little too much.
    And yes, Judas is traitor number one. Thinking about it, there's probably a few people whose names came to mean traitor in other languages that I haven't heard of, but Judas and Brutus are pretty big deals nonetheless.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    Interesting sheet, i always liked to see Uther sheets and he is one of the guys i always wanted to see in canon. All and all good sheet, if there's one thing i want to be nitpicking about would be his RB. Very interesting concept and fits with his lore very well, though it could be a little worked on more to be honest and i don't think it was executed as much as it could be. Thats pretty much it though, everything else is awesome.
    Uther was my first sheet I made so I'll always have a soft spot for those.

Fair point regarding his RM, I'll add a bit more description to explain the effects a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Uther Lily seems pretty damn good. He has a fun, endearing personality that'd be a joy to see in a Grail War (his interactions with Merlin in particular) and the technical aspects are quite fleshed out as well. The Camelot RM is simple, but it fits and the imagery of idyllic green fields to contrast the dark path his legend later took evokes a nice bittersweet touch.

My only main complaint is that his rank in Magic Resistance is listed as B and yet the description you gave (with the 'Magus Killer' part and cancelling spells below A-rank) is clearly that of A. Also, I'm a little vague on what the Hero Creation Skill actually does. I understand that it was a real Skill Merlin had in canon, but it's still a little odd to have essentially no listed effect.
    Uther has a lot of potential for an Angsty character ala Urobuchi, so I made a Lily version for a more positive version, anyways, I have Caster Alter for that. Uther Lily is a good boy.

Fair point with MR, I'll fix the typo. With Hero Creation, that's all we got so far with info given.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also add some Craft essences at some point.

Blog Entries
    Does he even really deserve Hero Creation since all he did was pawn his kid off on Merlin the second he was born?
    Sounds to me it's more of an active participation in the creation of a hero instead of the like, literal insemination of someone with supersperm.
    A nice Uther is still better than the guy who cucked Gorlois.

Blog Entries
    why would uther have prana burst flame

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I think because he's Proto-Arturia, and since Arturia had it, he does too

Blog Entries
    arturia doesnt have prana burst flame, she has prana burst

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because dragon, I guess? Since he doesn't have Arturia's factor in the same way, he needs a different Skill to crystallize his draconic affinities? I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    But not all dragon got Prana Burst, let alone the Flame version.

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=56790877
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Scandinavia

Parameters
    Strength: B+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: C
    Luck: C
    NP: A

Height/Weight:
    Dislikes: Skuld, the gods, needless excess
    Talents: Luck and Pluck
    Natural enemy: Adils
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Servant, Human

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (C)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
    Conditionally Rank-Up to B when under the effects of Sviagris.

Riding: (B)
    Riding is a Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Familiar (Dogs): (E+)
    Familiars are special assistants used by the magi. Since it's natural for a magus to separate himself from society, the use of familiars capable of performing small, simple errands is considered orthodox. Although a different entity, familiars are seen as an extension of the magus as there is both a mental and physical connection between the two. The symbol of the magus itself and fundamentally different from creatures like the Demons or Spirits who are summoned and then bound by a contract.
    This is not the case for Saber. A skill given to him only as a byproduct of one of his Noble Phantasms, cementing his status as one with “dominion over canines”.
    While he’s unable to summon his own familiars, Saber can take familiar-like control of dogs that already exist in the world. While he still has to command them through voice, his control is so absolute that even the familiars of other Magi will be turned to his command, so long as they fall under the concept of canine.

Instinct: (B)
    Instinct is the ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this Skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms.
    Although a battle-hardened warrior already, Saber’s instincts were dulled due to being raised around the culture of the berserker and the fact that he just plain ignored them. They’ve been raised to this rank as another byproduct of one of his Noble Phantasms, giving him “doglike” fighting and noncombatant instincts alike that are too sensitive to ignore.

Unyielding Will: (B)
    Unyielding Will is a Skill that represents one's extremely firm will that never yields to any sort of agony, despair or circumstances.
    Possesses resistance against physical and mental damage. However, said resistance will not hold against attacks that aim at beguiling others - such as illusions. For example, while there is resistance against damage from "falling into a pit trap", no resistance will be in place regarding "making a pit trap appear as solid ground with an illusion".
    Saber’s will actually strengthens in the face of those with Divine attributes, but he’s also far more susceptible to illusions in exchange. Ironic given the nature of one of his Noble Phantasms. Shouldn’t he get his priorities straight already?

Three Strange Nights with Hrani: (A)
    Saber’s unique Personal Skill, derived from the voyage he and his men made while on their way to make war against King Adils, and the strange farmer they stayed with multiple times along the way. The farmer--in actuality Odin himself--provided shelter and advice to Saber and his men. Odin set up a multitude of tests during the nights they stayed with him, weeding out the men unfit for the coming battle and having Saber send them home. However, during Saber’s trip home, Odin was ultimately spurned by Saber’s pride and disdain for reliance on the gods.

By temporarily sacrificing a small part of his combat power, Saber can raise his Luck stat to the ungodly rank of A+++ up to three times; the duration for each activation depending on his sacrifice. The advice Odin in the form of Hrani gave to Saber was good and well-received, and it’s arguable that it was Saber’s trusting in the strange farmer that netted him victory against Adils.
    This is an outlook Saber himself never bothered to correct until it was too late. In reality Saber knew it was Odin the entire time; but to him, he was just giving a generous if mysterious farmer the creedence he believed he was due.
    Thus, the instant Saber activates this skill for the first time, fate also bends away from Saber’s favor, eventually forcing him to use it the requisite three times. It’s after the third usage that the ultimate penalty is instilled; that the next battle Saber enters, he will not live through. Incredibly high-risk/high-reward.

Noble Phantasm
    Dog King
    Dominion of Canine

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

The Dog king is a Scandinavian tradition which appears in several Scandinavian sources: Chronicon Lethrense, Annals of Lund, Gesta Danorum, Heimskringla, Hversu Noregr byggðist and probably also in Skáldatal.

The Chronicon Lethrense and Annals of Lund tell that on the death of the 6th century Danish king Helgi, the Swedish King Adils sent a small dog to the Danes to take as their king but warned that whoever told him of the death of the dog would lose his life. One day, when larger dogs were fighting, the small dog sprang to the floor among them and was torn to death. Then Læ, the giant of Læsø, gave some advice on the matter to his herdsman Snow. Snow went to the Swedish king's court and by riddling talk eventually got the king himself to say that the dog was dead. Snow was then appointed king of Denmark in place of the dog. Snow was a vicious, oppressive, and dishonest king. Snow sent his servant named Roth, whom he disliked, to the giant Læ to ask about how Snow will die, intending that Læ would kill Roth who would be unable to pass his tests. Roth passed and Læ gave Roth two gloves to take to Snow in answer. Snow put them on in an assembly and lice suddenly attacked him and ate him to death. Thereupon Helgi's son Saber was made king.

Embodying a life fraught with dogs, but mostly the above epithet, Dog King is a constantly active-type, reactionary Noble Phantasm. By taking the conceptual place of the dog in the story above, Saber forces a reexamination of actions on the part of his opponent. In practice, this means that when an enemy attacks Saber in such a way that any check must be made before continuing, the enemy must first pass his own check before attacking Saber. As an example, if an opponent uses a Noble Phantasm that forces Saber to make a Luck check to survive, the opponent must be able to pass the same Luck check first. The attack meant for Saber is thus rebounded to the enemy if the check is failed. This means that an opponent like Cu Chulainn--with a Noble Phantasm avoidable through luck with poor luck himself--is sure to have his Gae Bolg turned on himself.

Or it would be, if it was a lower rank. Dog King’s check-reversing effects can be overcome if the check comes from a Noble Phantasm of B rank or higher. All checks forced by means of a skill can still be affected by Dog King. As a side effect of this Noble Phantasm, Saber’s taken on some interesting physical characteristics…

Fyrisvellir
    Gold-Sewn Plain

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 20

After Saber crashed and burned through Adils’ and his mother’s land after the wealth which was owed to him by inheritance of his father, he and his men rode off from the land of Adils with that very same man and his own men in hot pursuit.
    After entering the marsh of Fyrisvellir, Saber noticed a gold ring lying in the middle of the road. As he could sense his men’s crawling greed even after all that had just happened, he commanded that none of them attempt to pick it up.
    Instead, Saber had the ingenious idea to add one of his own rings to the one in the road, under the impression that it was so captivating simply because it was the only one of its kind there. He then proceeded to seed the marsh with gold as they went, knowing that Adils didn’t have enough control over his men to curtail their own greed.
    Sure enough, Adils and his men were instantly captivated by the swamp that had apparently started growing gold rings right out of the ground. Saber was able to quickly exploit this situation, and sent Adils packing.

Taking the form of a bounded field that appears to show acre after acre of naturally-grown gold, it is a field of [captivation] and [compulsion] that gnaws directly at the target’s weakness for riches. While inside the field, those that fall under its effects will feel compelled to halt all hostilities and attempt to collect all the pieces of gold strewn about before them. However, the longer they remain within Fyrisvellir, the more difficult the gold is to obtain, and thus drastically lowers the chance for escape.
    Can be overcome with a mental fortifying skill of appropriate rank, or Golden Rule of C or higher.

Randomly spawning somewhere in Fyrisvellir is Saber’s magic ring Sviagris, the reforged version of Freyja's own Brisingamen. Because Saber’s ownership of it isn’t enough to qualify as a standalone Noble Phantasm, it is instead spawned as a byproduct of the mystic swamp. As this is the most valuable treasure contained in Fyrisvellir, the trapped opponent will be eventually drawn to it as if by magnetic response. If Saber can secure it before the enemy, he can enjoy its charisma and magic boosting effects.

Skofnung
    Glistening White Fang of the North

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 10

The best of all swords to be carried in northern lands, that is Saber’s legendary sword Skofnung.
    Renowned for its supernatural sharpness and hardness, it is the placeholder for the “greatest of all swords born from Scandinavia” should Gram or Balmung be absent.
    The sword (and by proxy its True Name) cannot be drawn in the presence of women, as the terror it would inspire in the fairer sex would dishonor the blade, depriving it of its power. The hilt is also forbidden from being revealed in full sunlight. Although as one of the rare true Scandinavian zweihanders, it’s a wonder if the hilt will ever show through both of Saber’s hands at all.

While it’s said that no wound given by Skofnung will ever heal unless through healing runes specifically, the true power lies in the numerous spirits contained within the blade.
    During Saber’s war with his sister Skuld, in which he inevitably fell, so too did his 12 most trusted and faithful berserker champions. Svipdagr, Hott, Hrómundr, Starólfr, Bodvar, Haki, Hjalti, Hrolfr, Beigað, Hvítserkr, Haklangr, and Harðrefill.
    Theirs was a bond unbreakable and deep as any between men. Revitalized as the source that powers Skofnung, the 12 raging souls inside it add exponential power to the already semi-legendary blade. However, because of the nature of the men who possess it, Skofnung has taken on a Demonic attribute it wouldn’t otherwise earn until after it had been plundered from Saber’s grave many years hence.

By releasing the True Name, Skofnung awakens to the raw power dwelling inside it. It becomes a sword with a pseudo-rank of A+ by applying the bonus combat modifiers of Mad Enhancement A to the sword itself as well as Saber. Because the collective soul power residing in Skofnung is great enough to actually constitute a Servant of the Berserker class (especially given the actual Berserker who may or may not lurk in its depths…), Saber is unable to resist the maddening effects himself, and so he lunges forth as a man possessed.

Lore

Hrólfr Kraki was a legendary Danish king who appears in both Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian tradition.

Both traditions describe him as a Danish Scylding, the nephew of Hroðgar and the grandson of Healfdene. The consensus view is that Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian traditions describe the same people. Whereas the Anglo-Saxon Beowulf and Widsith do not go further than treating his relationship with Hroðgar and their animosity with Froda and Ingeld, the Scandinavian sources expand on his life as the king at Lejre and on his relationship with Halga, Hroðgar's brother. In Beowulf and Widsith, it is never explained how Hroðgar and Hroðulf are uncle and nephew, but in the Scandinavian tradition, Halga conceived Hroðulf by raping Yrsa, not knowing that she was his own daughter.

Learning that Hrolf’s father and Yrsa lived happily together, Queen Oluf (Yrsa’s mother and Helgi’s first wife) travelled to Denmark to tell her daughter the truth. Yrsa was shocked and although Helgi wanted their relationship to remain as it was, Yrsa insisted on leaving him to live alone. She was later taken by the Swedish king Agils as his queen, which made Helgi even more unhappy. Helgi went to Uppsala to fetch her, but was killed by Agils in battle. In Lejre, he was succeeded by his son Hrólfr.

Hrólfr soon assembled twelve great berserkers named Hrómundr harði, Hrólfr skjóthendi, Svipdagr, Beigaðr, Hvítserkr inn hvati, Haklangr, Harðrefill, Haki inn frækni, Vöttr inn mikilaflaði, Starólfr, Hjalti inn hugprúði and Bödvar Bjarki (the childhood name of Beowulf).

After some time, Bödvar Bjarki encouraged Hrólfr to go Uppsala to claim the gold that Aðils had taken from Helgi after the battle. Hrólfr departed with 120 men and his twelve berserkers and during a rest they were tested by a farmer called Hrani (Odin in disguise) who advised Hrólfr to send back all his troops but his twelve berserkers, as numbers would not help him against Aðils.

They were at first well received, but in his hall, Aðils did his best to stop Hrólfr with pit traps and hidden warriors who attacked the Danes. Finally Aðils entertained them but put them to a test where they had to endure immense heat by a fire. Hrólfr and his berserkers finally had enough and threw the courtiers, who were feeding the fire, into the fire and leapt at Aðils. The Swedish king disappeared through a hollow tree trunk that stood in his hall.

Yrsa admonished Aðils for wanting to kill her son, and went to meet the Danes. She gave them a man named Vöggr to entertain them. This Vöggr remarked that Hrólfr had the thin face of a pole ladder, a Kraki. Happy with his new cognomen Hrólfr gave Vöggr a golden ring, and Vöggr swore to avenge Hrólfr if anyone should kill him. Hrólfr and his company were then attacked by a troll in the shape of a boar in the service of Aðils, but Hrólfr's dog Gram killed it.

They then found out that Aðils had set the hall on fire, and so they broke out of the hall, only to find themselves surrounded by heavily armed warriors in the street. After a fight, king Aðils retreated to summon reinforcements.

Yrsa then provided her son with a silver drinking horn filled with gold and jewels and a famous ring, Svíagris. Then she gave Hrólf and his men twelve of the Swedish king's best horses, and all the armour and provisions they needed.

Hrólfr took a fond farewell of his mother and departed over the Fyrisvellir. When they saw Aðils and his warriors in pursuit, they spread the gold behind themselves. Aðils saw his precious Svíagris on the ground and stooped to pick it up with his spear, whereupon Hrólf cut his back with his sword and screamed in triumph that he had bent the back of the most powerful man in Sweden.

Hrólfr lived in peace for some time. However, his half-elven half-sister Skuld was married to Hjörvarðr one of Hrólfr's subkings, and she began to turn her husband against Hrólfr. Under the pretext that they would wait three years before paying the accumulated tribute at one time, Skuld assembled a large army which included strong warriors, criminals, elves and norns. She used seiðr to hide the great muster from Hrólfr and his champions.

They then arrived at Lejre one yule for the midwinter celebrations, with all the weapons hidden in wagons. A fight started and like in the account found in Gesta Danorum, Bödvar Bjarki fought in the shape of a spirit bear until he was awakened by Hjalti. Skuld used her witchcraft to resuscitate her fallen warriors and after a long fight Hrólfr and all his berserkers fell.

Skuld became the ruler of Denmark but did not rule well. Bödvar Bjarki's brothers Elk-Froði and Þorir Houndsfoot went to Denmark to avenge their brother. The Swedish queen Yrsa gave them a large Swedish army headed by Vöggr. They captured Skuld before she could use her magic and tortured her to death. Then they raised a mound for Hrólfr Kraki where he was buried together with his sword Skofnung.

Personality

"They tell me King Hrolf is open-handed and generous, trustworthy and looks after his friends, and his like is not to be found. He doesn't stint on gold or jewels, bestowing them on near enough anyone who'll take them. He's a small man, to look at him, but tough when tested, and tricky to beat. He's the most handsome man you could meet, hard on the wicked, but kind and sympathetic
    to the wretched, and with all those who don't challenge him. He's the most modest of men, talking to rich and poor alike, so excellent his name will never fade while this world is lived in. He's exacted tribute from all the kings around him, so that everyone is eager to serve him."

A king who follows the duties of a Viking king closely, Hrolf would much rather sit around drinking and telling stories than actively fighting, but when push comes to shove he’ll shine through all the rest.
    He’s like a dog, he’s really like a dog!

Relationships will be added later. Maybe.
    Last edited by Ail Don; February 6th, 2017 at 06:29 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hrolf: Thought of doing this guy myself a few times, but honestly I'm glad I didn't since your take is way more inspired.

The Dog King NP is pretty damn creative, and it's kind of darkly hilarious how much it'd wreck people like Cu Chulainn.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Something to connect him to his draconian imagery and previous versions have had it with no one saying anything against it.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hrolf: Whose a good boy? You are!! He's pretty inspired and has a fun personality and one i'd happily see in canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Last Servant vs Most Previous Servant.

So Lillian Smith (Archer) vs Mina Harker (Berserker)... (?)

That's some Rip Van Winkle vs Alucard shit right there
    Also didn't you write a fight scene between two CaS Servants at some point?

I may give it a shot at some point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Also didn't you write a fight scene between two CaS Servants at some point?
    Kinda.

It was my Celtchar vs Su Daji. Don't have a sheet for Daji so I just rolled with something. Though as I've said before this is somewhat like what I had in mind for her, but not really.

Well I remade my first Servant ever (and also reclassed her). I am not sure if I am satisfied with it (I think it got a bit paradoxical in parts...) but it is at least better than the first version.

*not her but it is ok*

Identity: Beatrice Portinari
    Alternative Classes: -
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Background: Beatrice Portinari was the muse of Dante Alighieri. Although a common woman that should not be able to manifest as a Servant, here she is a manifestation of the character of Beatrice in Dante’s work, and not the real Beatrice that lived back in Florence. In the Divine Comedy, Dante met with Beatrice in the end of his journey through Purgatory, when she starts guiding his journey through Paradise.
    Strength – D
    Endurance – C
    Agility – C
    Mana – B
    Luck – B
    Noble Phantasm – A++
    Weaponry: Rider is able to create weapons with the use of Tetrangelio.
    Armor: Rider is able to create a shield with the use of Tetrangelio.

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (D) – Grants protection against magical effects. At this rank cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    Riding (A+) – The ability to ride mounts or to handle vehicles. Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts by Rider. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:
    Innocent Monster (D) – Is an attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. In a special case, Rider’s identity was not distorted by a monstrous reputation, but by her idealization in Dante’s mind.
    Saint (False) (C) – Normally a skill for those who are considered true Saints, this skill is possessed by those whose status as “Saint” is debatable. By the Catholic concept of Saint, any deceased in Heaven can be considered Saints. Since in Dante’s writing she can be comprehended as a Saint, but she was never worshiped or treated as one, she possesses the False variant. This skill can grant random effects of the Saint skill, although a Luck check needs to be performed to fulfill the effect.
    Muse of Inspiration (A) – A Skill for those whose attributes were enough to inspire artists. Rider’s sight was enough to inspire Dante, even him only seeing her very few times during their lifetimes. The sight of Rider, for those who share their alignment with her, can remove the effects of mental interference caused by fear, hatred, or any emotion of negative nature.

NP
    Tetrangelio
    Four Angelic Beasts
    Anti-Unit / B
    Actually a part of Rider’s true Noble Phantasm. The Tetrangelio is the embodiment of the holiness of the Four Evangelists. Commonly shown in Christian iconography as four winged creatures, a man, a lion, an ox and an eagle. This concept is part of the procession lead by Beatrice during the events in Purgatorio.

As a Noble Phantasm, Tetrangelio allows the summoning of four spiritual beasts. Assuming the shape of translucent mythical creatures, the four animals will obey Rider. Although their first instinct is “protection”, so they may disobey orders in order to protect her. Physically, they have multiple wings, and their bodies can be identified as humanoid, feline, bovine and avian, although calling them a specific animal is a difficult task.

As a secondary (and used more often by Rider) effect, Rider can transform the essence of the four animals into weapons and armor. These will carry the same raw power they would have in their beast forms, but allowing Rider to fight in close-combat against other Servants if that is needed. Usually, she fights using them as sword and shield. This usage grants Rider a boost in her stats.

Divina Processione
    Allegory of the Divine
    Anti-Army / A++
    Rider’s true Noble Phantasm. It represents the procession lead by Beatrice when Dante finally met her in Purgatorio. Composed by many allegories of Christian figures and virtues, including the Four Evangelists, as represented byTetrangelio. But the most iconic part of it was the magnificent chariot of Beatrice.

Although Divina Processione allows Rider to summon any figure on the procession, when she summons this name it means she will bring forth her triumphal chariot. The chariot is made of an unknown material, for any human eyes it will look bright and colorful, resembling the light of the dawn. The wheels are constantly in fire, and angelic plumes are constantly generated by it, disappearing when touching the soil. But what is more imposing on the divine chariot is by what is drawn.

Summoned alongside the chariot is a holy beast, a griffin, half lion, half eagle. Its plumage and fur looks as beautiful as the flames of the chariot. Although menacing, this beast radiates a calm, comforting aura for those who are good. As the Tretangelio is the embodiment of the holiness of the four evangelists, this griffin is the embodiment of the holiness of Christ. Its lion half represents his humanity, while the eagle half represents his divinity. It is a divine beast whose power surpass by much the combined strength of the four beasts of Tetrangelio.
    Last edited by Hakuro; February 4th, 2017 at 10:11 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Beatrice: Seems to be the season for remakes. I'd be fine with Magic Resistance being so high if you write in a reason. With Innocent Monster, personally I'd rename the skill, come up with an original name and say the effects are the same but due to embellishment of her more heavenly traits.

Also with the NP, not sure Divine as an appropriate classification. I'd stick with the traditional Anti-Army etc

Still. It's good to see you back

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    @Beatrice: Seems to be the season for remakes. I'd be fine with Magic Resistance being so high if you write in a reason. With Innocent Monster, personally I'd rename the skill, come up with an original name and say the effects are the same but due to embellishment of her more heavenly traits.

Also with the NP, not sure Divine as an appropriate classification. I'd stick with the traditional Anti-Army etc

Still. It's good to see you back
    I agree with the NP classification and Magic Resistance rank (I literally copied the Magic Resistance and Riding from my Diomedes Thrakes of lazyness lol).

But about the Innocent Monster, I let it like that because people like Andersen that were distorted by literature has it. And well, she already has 2 Special Snowflake skills.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    hmmm
    i've always wanted to make a beatrice
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Very interesting sheet, i like it, especially the NPs.
    Also want to let you know, theres a typo in IM where you call her Archer. Just want to let you know.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here