Page 259 of 858 FirstFirst ... 159209249254257258259260261264269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Stats alone do not determine how strong a Servant is"
    -Kinoko Nasu, 2017, March 11th
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Nah, Achilles is broken. Even if you get past his defences: he still have END and Battle Continuation at rank A. In life the arrow was poisoned and empowered by Apollo and he still kept trucking for a while. It's a weak point, not a self-destruct button.

- - - Updated - - -

His protection can be bypassed either by hitting his heel or possessing the Divinity skill at rank C, with lower ranks hitting at reduced damage. Being hit in those conditions counts as regular damage.
    Fair Point.And let's not even talk about Akhilleus Cosmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    You are saying Divine Spirit empowered shot hitting your only weak spot mean nothing?
    I'm saying just because a Divine Spirit shot hitting your weak point kills you doesn't mean it's the only way to kill you.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    its not even a weak point in terms of damage what are you guys even talking about

a stray bullet in the heel wont kill him
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I legit confused what are you trying to convey here. To save myself from headache, I will skim back from the topic "then someone like Achilles would have E-rank durability, because a stray bullet could kill him" including what I thought and I assume what are you trying to say before posting my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    If that was the only measure of durability is how they were portrayed, then someone like Achilles would have E-rank durability, because a stray bullet could kill him.
    You are saying a stray bullet could kill him, which I assume you mean his death from Paris arrow because his other death involve tanking a lot of hit to be called "a stray bullet."

Which I said, it is an Apollo empowered shot. I admit I didn't bring it before, he didn't just die after being shot in the heel, he goes on rampage before dying.

Pretty sure you don't need to be empowered by Apollo to kill him there. His protection applies to everything except his heel, which you hit as a weak point for massive damage.
    I will agree that if you say "to kill him, you need to hit his heel." But you saying earlier "a stray bullet could kill him" which I assume as you saying "a single arrow could kill him as long you hit him in the heel." Which again, isn't true, he didn't died after taking a single hit.

And yet an ordinary shot made by a servant can hit him, in his heel, by pure mechanics in Fate: Apocrypha, and kill him. Just because it's no ordinary shot doesn't mean nothing but that kind of shot can kill him.
    I legit confused what are you referring to, which Servant? The only Servants he encounter that can shot a bullet are Archers, which is Chiron and Atalanta. Are you talking about Paris (he isn't a Servant)? Are you talking about Chiron, who NP'd him in the heel and he survived? Are you talking about Atalanta, who fight him after weakened by Chiron earlier without a break? So I skipped this part because it sound very unknown to me, unless there is a chapter in FGO that I didn't know featuring Achilles and a guy who can shot a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    "Stats alone do not determine how strong a Servant is"
    -Kinoko Nasu, 2017, March 11th
    I thought he said that a lot earlier than March 2017, when he was asked why Asterios couldn't handle Heracles even with him having a high Monstruous Strength rank.

Also, this statement is kind of obvious if you think about it. It sometimes feels like stats are enough because those that have good stats tend to have really good skills or NP at their disposal or lore that shows how awesome they are. And obviously it's much easier to compare stats than skills, NP and lore, so they end up doing that association automatically.
    Last edited by Oz1337; March 16th, 2017 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I legit confused what are you trying to convey here. To save myself from headache, I will skim back from the topic "then someone like Achilles would have E-rank durability, because a stray bullet could kill him" including what I thought and I assume what are you trying to say before posting my earlier post.

You are saying a stray bullet could kill him, which I assume you mean his death from Paris arrow because his other death involve tanking a lot of hit to be called "a stray bullet."

Which I said, it is an Apollo empowered shot. I admit I didn't bring it before, he didn't just die after being shot in the heel, he goes on rampage before dying.

I will agree that if you say "to kill him, you need to hit his heel." But you saying earlier "a stray bullet could kill him" which I assume as you saying "a single arrow could kill him as long you hit him in the heel." Which again, isn't true, he didn't died after taking a single hit.

I legit confused what are you referring to, which Servant? The only Servants he encounter that can shot a bullet are Archers, which is Chiron and Atalanta. Are you talking about Paris (he isn't a Servant)? Are you talking about Chiron, who NP'd him in the heel and he survived? Are you talking about Atalanta, who fight him after weakened by Chiron earlier without a break? So I skipped this part because it sound very unknown to me, unless there is a chapter in FGO that I didn't know featuring Achilles and a guy who can shot a bullet.
    I said by pure mechanics, as in, in theory. The practicality of the matter is different. But seriously, we've been running all over the place with this argument, and should just kinda put it down.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I said by pure mechanics, as in, in theory. The practicality of the matter is different. But seriously, we've been running all over the place with this argument, and should just kinda put it down.
    in theory, a stray bullet on his heel still wouldnt kill him
    Last edited by castor212; March 16th, 2017 at 11:17 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    "Vice may triumph for a time, crime may flaunt its victories in the face of honest toilers, but in the end the law will follow the wrong-doer to a bitter fate, and dishonor and punishment will be the portion of those who sin."
    Source: https://twitter.com/o10fu/status/841574889886633984
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Historical
    Region: America

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: E
    Luck: A+
    NP: D

Height/Weight: 187cm/90kg
    Likes: Discipline, getting his man, abolitionism, McClellan-senpai
    Dislikes: The South, doing work without a contract, overt religiousness, barrels
    Talents: Spy
    Natural enemy: Jesse James
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Servant, Human

Class Skills:

Espionage: (EX)
    Espionage does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person.

The founder of organized espionage in the infant nation of America, the lengths that Assassin would go to obtain evidence on suspects was legendary. In a time before fingerprinting and other staple practices of modern criminology, thorough evidence was needed to indict a suspect. Not one to risk putting an innocent man in jail, Assassin would often tail his targets across the country for months on end, setting up businesses in the towns the suspects would settle in, before gathering enough evidence to call for an arrest. Assassin did this a dozen or so times and was never caught once.
    At this rank, the user may be outed by his allies and have no adverse affects on his ability to conceal hostility. However the instant one prepares to attack, this skill loses its effectiveness completely.

Personal Skills:

Subversive Activities: (A)
    Subversive Activities is the talent to reduce the enemy forces in the preliminary stages before going into battle. An expert of traps. However, the higher the ranking of this Skill, the more one's spiritual status as a hero declines.

An exceptional strategist when it came to eliminating the chances for enemy resistance during the Civil War, Assassin once spent weeks upon months infiltrating the fringe Southern conspiracy group the Knights of Liberty, before springing his trap and capturing thousands of rebel soldiers with the aid of the Union army all inside fifteen minutes.
    At this rank, Assassin is most assuredly balancing on the line between hero and anti-hero. Especially among the South and other places that thought Assassin’s role in history was greatly exaggerated, his name is still spoken with disdain to this day. It is possible to disable 60% of the total military force before the enemy advances.

Eye of the Mind (True): (C)
    Eye of the Mind (True) is a heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis, in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience. A weapon wielded by none other than a mortal, gained through tenacious training. So long as there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Assassin is directly responsible for preventing Abraham Lincoln from being assassinated before his inauguration due to his quick thinking in regards to his knowledge of the criminal underworld.
    Lincoln, in Harrisburg Pennsylvania, has his next rally stop in Baltimore before going on to DC. Assassin was made aware that the city would be crawling with the Confederacy’s own assassins. Once in Baltimore, the train made an unexpected stop a station before the one that had the train bound for DC. Assassin theorized that a one mile stretch of tunnel between the two stations would be the most likely spot to conduct the assassination. Instead of getting out of the present train, Assassin instead unhooked the train car Lincoln was in and harnessed horses to drag it through to the appropriate station.

Single-Mindedness: (B+)
    Single-Mindedness is the ability to immerse oneself in something, exhibiting a superhuman degree of focus.
    Assassin’s determination and ability to focus is ironclad, it has been ever since his childhood.
    Chasing criminals on foot by himself for days on end, his staff was always slightly afraid of just how intense Assassin’s gaze could be when he devoted himself to something. While his rank in this skill might have been lower in life, the motto of his organization has been incorporated into his very being, ensuring that he in fact “never sleeps” when making use of this skill.
    The plus modifier is only activated when tasked to focus on something Assassin determines as criminal.

Human Observation: (A)

Human Observation is a technique to observe and understand people.
    At this rank, it is not simply observing but the capacity to hypothesize about one's livelihoods and preferences, and even the lives of people whose name are unknown.
    While Assassin’s skill in observing humans should go without mentioning due to his occupation, there are certain cases that prove it to be almost supernatural. Assassin was once asked to provide a suspect for a string of package thefts while working as security for the post office in addition to running his own organization. Busy, and without proper time allotted to investigate the matter, Assassin narrowed down where the thefts were taking place, and named the manager of that particular branch of the post office as the “potential” culprit. Arrested, police later informed Assassin that he was 100% correct, and Assassin had never even seen the man’s face.

Noble Phantasm
    The Eye
    The Omniscience of Law

(D, Anti-Unit)
    A Noble Phantasm encompassing Assassin’s nickname as The Eye as well as the infamous motto of his detective agency. Underneath the blindfold he wears is a single remaining eye, blue-gray and burning with intensity. His other eye is noticeably missing, a metaphor for his failures to rob him of any threat of hubris. Though an eyepatch is all that’s necessary, the blindfold remains.
    Activated by removing the eyepatch, Assassin’s hard gaze burrows into the victim’s soul, bringing all of their past misdeeds to the forefront of their minds. A burning image that stays with the target until they succumb to despair. While The Eye does not need to be invoked to use properly, Assassin must still attain eye contact in order to activate it.

While the effects can be overcome with Mad Enhancement or something similar, Assassin may employ an alternative usage of The Eye. Assassin may switch the “burning point” inside a target’s mind with any other living being, effectively switching their vision. While the enemy may still be in possession of their body and all its faculties, what their eyes will see is up to Assassin’s choosing. This is not a technique he likes to abuse, using it only as a substitute if the target is too psychotic to feel the weight of their sins.

Lore

Once upon a time there was a poor barrel maker by the name of Allan Pinkerton. Allan had a pretty shitty life growing up poor as fuck in Scotland, especially since he had to skip town--and country--after the civil rights party he joined started getting a bad case of lynchings.

So he moved to America to continue his lifelong dream of being some cunt who makes barrels for a living. One day he’s going out to a little island near his pad to do some fishing, when he notices some spooooky signs of human habitation going down. Thinking there’s something strange in his neighborhood, he camps out and lo and behold, it’s a bunch of goddamned counterfeiters. So Allan rings the sheriff and they bust those fools something good. Then sheriff hick tells Pinkerton this ain’t the place for smart folk like you, all of these dudes are gonna swarm you for your awesome batman-like skill you feel me? Pinkerton agrees, but he’s like fam I’m doing some really important stuff for the Underground Railroad I can’t just up and dip out. But then he does anyway, so he can work for the railroads and post office and exciting shit like that.

But then the Civil War came! And lots of exciting stuff happened then. Like hiring the first lady detective in the States and having an English dude on the payroll and busting all kinds of Confederate chops. Then after the war he kept chasing bad dudes like Frontier Batman until Jesse James killed one of his guys so he got sad and gave up.
    Also the Pinkerton Agency is still around today, even if it’s owned by dirty Swedes. Also it was the foundation for the Secret Service and the FBI. Directly.
    Seriously read about this man.

------
    Can you tell I’m a fan of this guy.
    The eye of the mind anecdote might be a stretch, but D’Eon has it for spying too so
    The lore section was done drunk can you tell

Very fun sheet for one of my favorite Civil War figures. I'd thought about doing him at some point but couldn't think of a fitting NP. Really like what you came up with, though. Plus, that fc is just too badass.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Allen Pinkerton: Like 4Score7Years, I've tried to make this sheet, but the NP was too much of a obstacle. Not only did you make one, it's very well thought-out one, too. The bio was pretty amusing to read (even when you're apparently drunk, this is still rather well-written).

Also, is that Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne for the fc?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pinkerton's NP reminds me a lot of Ghost Rider's Penance Stare from Marvel comics. Was that an inspiration by any chance?

Also, when I first saw Jesse James as his Natural Enemy I thought for a moment this would be a sheet for Bass Reeves (the martial sometimes believed to have inspired the Lone Ranger).

Blog Entries
    Thx guys.
    Penance Stare was something I wasn't thinking about but now that you mention it it's pretty true. And yes, that is Father Gascoigne.
    I was going to put his Natural Enemy as Rose Greenhow, but they didn't haven't too much interaction after he arrested her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't know crap about the American civil war, but I like it.

Also, drunk lore sections are good. I did the same for Aeneas, but I think it's safe to say i was more far gone on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Also, is that Father Gascoigne from Bloodborne for the fc?
    Pretty sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Penance Stare was something I wasn't thinking about but now that you mention it it's pretty true.
    It works pretty good, so it's all cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I switched up Kay's FCs (as in plural)
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 16th, 2017 at 06:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Also I switched up Kay's FCs (as in plural)
    Kay's new FCs are good. Particularly the Ascended one.

Have to say, looking back I'm a little surprised there's no mention in the relationships section of Percival, since they were rivals in some of the myths.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Kay's new FCs are good. Particularly the Ascended one.

Have to say, looking back I'm a little surprised there's no mention in the relationships section of Percival, since they were rivals in some of the myths.
    Yeah, Cipher art is pretty amazing.

With Percival, Kay had a one sided rivalry primarily with Gawain and Lancelot, Percival was a latter edition and not as significant to either of them.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name
    : Seth 'Father of Humanity'

Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength- C
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D
    Mana- A+
    Luck- A+
    NP- A

Equipment: A simple, curved wooden staff with various Kabbalistic glyphs carved along the shaft.

Appearance
    :

Personality: Calm, diligent and zealous; a man of righteousness who opposes inequity, champions justice and shepherds the weak. Never holding any doubts over his path, continuing to walk forwards with faith in God, that is the kind of man Caster is. Or at least, the kind of man he wishes he were. In fact, Caster is a deeply self-doubting individual filled with uncertainty over his path and actions.

He idolizes his younger sister Abel and feels burdened by her legacy, deriding himself as little more then a second-rate replacement for his divinely favored sibling. While he harbored such doubts, Caster never once showed them around others. To embody the image of a prophet that could inspire humanity onto a righteous path, Caster mercilessly killed off his own emotions and inner doubts.

He held no regrets, living to witness humanity advance along the path he showed to a prosperous future. But yet, even so... If it were to be an unforgivably selfish wish he holds from the depths of his heart, Caster yearns simply to live a life that is truly his own, defined not by the expectations of his parents or even God.

While he tries his best to keep up the appearance of a somewhat distant and strict fatherly figure, those managing to worm themselves more closely into Caster's heart will find him showing a far more earnest and youthful- even dorky- side to his personality. He may act stern, but he's really a cinnamon bun on the inside.

Relationships:

Abel (Caster or Ruler): *blushes* "A-ah, sis... Is that really you? Father and mother told me everything about you, but I never imagined I'd ever be so blessed as to meet you in the flesh! Y-you're even more radiant in person..."

Abel (Avenger)
    : "N-no way... Unmask yourself this instant, imposter! There's absolutely no way my beloved sister could ever fall to such depravity...!!"

Cain (Assassin): "You dare to claim contrition for your crime? After what you've done? Not even the waters of righteousness themselves could absolve your sin..."

Cain (Lancer Lily): "So young and naļve, unaware of just how far he is yet to fall. Could my brother truly have been so innocent once?"

Cain (Berserker): "For a mad beast such as yourself, merely existing alone is an unforgivable crime. Kindly drag yourself to Gehenna, you dog."

Noah: "My son... how could you have fallen so far from the path? Humans are to be protected and shepherded, not exterminated out of self-righteous vengeance."

Dislikes: failing to live up to expectations, snakes
    Talent: shepherding humanity, Kabbalah
    Natural Enemy: Cain, Noah

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- B
    Ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus.

As he never practiced the art in life, Caster is unskilled at creating even a Workshop. However, the use of specialized Kabbalistic glyphs allows Caster to establish a Bounded Field delineating the "inside" from the "outside", comparable to a Workshop in magical potency if not in physicality.

Item Construction- C
    A talent for crafting magical items. Not being known for craftsmanship, Caster can only construct rudimentary tools and mystical artifacts, as well as tablets on which to inscribe his Kabbalistic arts.

Personal Skills:

Divine Patriarch- A
    A Skill representing one's closeness with divinity and role as a forefather to humanity. Combines Natural Body and Divinity at the same rank.

Born after the murder of Abel and the untimely death of the second child Cain, Caster was appointed to bear the seed of mankind into the future. After the Great Flood came to cleanse the earth of Cain's wicked brethren, only Noah- the sole righteous and descendant of Caster- survived, assuring him a place as father of all humanity.

Kabbalah- A++
    An ancient Hebrew mystical tradition that centers around learning and manipulating the Names of God to evoke spiritual phenomena. Caster is in fact the progenitor of this art, having been taught in it by the first human Adam, who himself was bestowed with the knowledge from the angel Raziel.

As the first Kabbalist, Caster's prowess is unimaginably superior to the practitioners of later eras. Simply tracing a Name in the air with his fingers or staff is enough to instantly evoke the corresponding divine mystery, without need for traditional ritual or incantation. The effects of these Names can include conjuring up elemental forces, granting psuedo-life to inanimate matter to create golem familiars and other great feats.

Wisdom Of Celestial Bodies- B
    Denotes study of celestial bodies, their movements and relations, particularly as a means towards divining human and other earthly affairs. As recounted by the historian Josephus, Caster's descendants originated the knowledge of heavenly bodies, and inscribed their discoveries on two great pillars so as to preserve them in the event of future calamity.

By focusing on the heavens, Caster can obtain a limited insight into the future equivalent to Revelation at rank C. The more detailed his observation, the more accurate the resultant divination becomes, though chaos and chance can throw havoc into even the greatest predictions. Finding out a given human's astrological sign also allows Caster to glean some knowledge of their behavior and nature, akin to a low rank in the Human Observation Skill.

Noble Phantasm:

May'im Chaim
    - Water Of The Tree Of Mercy (A, Anti-Unit): According to a certain anecdote in the apocryphal
    Life Of Adam And Eve
    Vitae Adae et Evae
    , Caster and his mother Eve once journeyed towards Eden in the hope of obtaining water from the Tree Of Life as a cure to the ailing Adam, who lay bedridden from old age. Upon reaching the borders of Eden, the pair were rebuked by the Archangel Michael- who refused to give them a balm that would erase the consequences of Adam's original sin. However, the archangel promised that all was not lost, for a day of redemption will someday come when all faithful souls may taste in the delights of paradise and drink of its merciful waters.

Though a boon never granted in life, the anecdote and subsequent promise have crystallized into this Noble Phantasm that exemplifies divine mercy. Caster carries a single vial of the divine substance on his person, set with a detailed relief image of the Tree Of Life. The liquid itself is crystal clear and somewhat thicker then regular water, appearing closer to an oil or balm. As water from Eden it bears the same properties as the fabled garden itself, a complete conceptual denial of injury, decay and death. Applied to any living creature, the miraculous ointment will immediately cleanse all wounds and restore them to a state of full health.

Any other malignities are instantly dispelled, including poisons, curses and mental interference. This extends even to corruption from the accursed mud of the Holy Grail itself. If used on an Alter Servant, they will be immediately and forcefullly purged of Angra Mainyu's taint and returned to their original self prior to debasement. Lastly, any human who drinks of these waters has their body "perfected", gaining a superhuman constitution comparable to the Skill Natural Body at rank A. However, if the target is Evil aligned then simply touching the waters will burn them from within with a divine fire, rebuked by the wrath of Archangel Michael himself.

While these effects are certainly potent, Caster has only enough of the holy waters for one application. Needless to say, this is not a Noble Phantasm to be used carelessly.

Key Words/Craft Essence

Saint's Shadow
    "I've been in the shadow of my sister for as long as I can remember.
    Though she died before I was even born, mom and dad regaled me constantly with the stories of her life.

She was pious, kind, gentle, innocent and full of radiance...
    Everything I wasn't.
    No matter how hard I tried, I could never hope to live up to her shining legacy.

But I could never show those doubts around others.
    All around were people looking to me- expecting a prophet to guide them on the proper path.
    Though I never believed myself worthy of such an exalted role, I had no choice but to bear the duty expected of me- for the people's sake.
    I couldn't possibly betray the hope they invested in me, no matter how misplaced I thought it was.

Still though... it might be a sin but... if I could have a single wish, I'd like to try living for myself once, you know?"

Water Of Life
    "It's but a tiny thing, hopelessly ephemeral and insignificant.

Merely a few drops of holy water that could barely cleanse the sins of a single person, much less the entire blighted mass of humanity.
    If that is truly mankind's greatest hope, then we might be in a sorry state indeed.

Ah, but even so...
    It's because, even with only that tiny and fleeting hope, humans keep on struggling until the end.
    To forge a better future.
    To fight against sadness.
    And simply to keep on reaching out for God's light...

That is truly... humanity's deepest beauty and folly."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is the Seth sheet I'd been talking about. To be honest, I'm not nearly as satisfied with him as my Cain (either version) or Abel Servants. There just wasn't very much to work with lore-wise, and while I had a clear vision in my mind as to the thematic role of his other siblings, with Seth I was more-or-less shoehorning in different discrete attributes (father of mankind, check. First Kabbalist, check. Et cetera). I tried to go with the idea of Seth as somebody in the shadow of his more exalted sibling but even then, since he was canonically born hundreds of years after Abel's death I had to stretch things a bit to make even that work.

I might go back to this later to tinker with his personality and add Bond CEs, but for now I feel like I've hit a mental block and might as well post it up as is rather then leave it lying around my notepad file.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 24th, 2017 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added Bond CEs

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “I’m summoned in my youth… No matter, hopefully being summoned for this War will leave at least some impression… My Class you say? I am Archer, surely you noticed the bow on my back.”

Faceclaim:

Servant Class: Archer

True Name: Kiviuq, He Who Wanders

Place of Origin: Arctic Regions (Inuit Epics and others)

Alignment: True Neutral

Attribute: Earth

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Caster

Armaments: Enchanted Harpoons, Normal Bow and arrows

Catalyst: Ancient seal skin with circular markings, or his comatose body

Dislikes: Constant wandering, Excessive kayaking, Being alone

Talents: Worldwide travel

Natural Enemy: Bees

Parameters: (Endurance and Agility changed via Link to the Land)

Strength - C+
    Endurance - E~A
    Agility - A~E
    Mana - C
    Luck - B
    N.
    Phantasm - A

Background

A hunter/shaman known across the north, Kiviuq was an Inuit hero of many epics, all of which are fragments of his age-long journey to find his way home. Across his adventure back, Kiviuq encountered numerous beasts and supernatural beings, with each of them teaching a meaningful lesson to him. From shapeshifters to man-eating mermaids, He Who Wanders is truly one who has seen the world.

Kiviuq lived a lonely childhood with his shaman grandmother for company, for his father was viciously murdered by his fellow hunters. To exact vengeance, Kiviuq’s grandmother tailored an enchanted sealskin cloak for the teenage Kiviuq to wear and told him to swim and act like a seal. Kiviuq did just that, and in turn attracted the hunters who killed his father. After drawing the hunters out to the sea, Kiviuq’s grandmother summoned a great storm that drowned all but her sealskin-wearing grandson.

Upon recovering on a nearby shore, Kiviuq realized he was lost on an on a land far from home, with only his hunting tools, a kayak, and his clothing he wore. While this seemed a daunting task for a youth, Kiviuq was determined to return home, no matter how long it may take.

On his life-long quest for his home, the young wanderer met a plethora of supernatural beings both fascinating yet strange; a group of beast-women who changes between animal and man by taking off their furs, a perverted lake spirit, and a goose-spirit who is to be his wife. But none could top his near-fatal meeting with the Bee-Woman, a powerful witch with mastery over her bee familiars that he managed to best after a battle lasting 2 days.

Eventually, after over millennia of travel, Kiviuq managed to return home to see it changed. The villagers he knew all died, and the only thing from his age was the wraith of his grandmother, waiting for her Kiviuq to this day. But because of a curse cast by the Bee-Woman, he is rendered half-petrified and was forced to settle down with his wife for the rest of his days. It is said that even when Kiviuq’s mind had passed, his heart continued to beat on within his petrified body, waiting to be frozen by stone…

Personal Traits

Although Kiviuq may have an appearance of an youth, he still possessed the worldly knowledge he’s amassed in life. Because of this, he acts far wiser beyond his years.

Due to a low amount human contact he had in his life, Kiviuq desires company of others; however, he has trouble dealing with other humans. And due to interacting with supernatural beings for most of his life, he has an easier time when interacting with nonhuman Servants. Another problem stemming from the lack of contact is his skepticism to his Master; it may take a while, but the wanderer will actually consider you one of the few humans he trusts. However, if the Master betrays his trust, expect grave retribution sooner or later.

Unfazed, Kiviuq is barely surprised by anything; because of this, he may seem disinterested in almost everything happening around him. Honestly, he actually hoped being summoned would actually have something new to interest him, although interacting with other Servants does bring some sort of elation. However, if summoned in Chaldea, it would be another story…
    However, because he believes he’s seen it all, he’s very willing to learn things that he doesn’t know. That includes modern cultures and technology, such as the Internet. Unfortunately, due to his extreme interest in new things, Kiviuq may encounter the Dark Web… be prepared to do a lot of explaining.

Because of his long adventure, Kiviuq’s more than happy to share his stories with you. This is a recommended way to build a bond with him, as it makes him unwittingly open up to you. It’s best, however, to just request one event of his adventure, or you’re guaranteed to listen to him for hours on end.

Since his curse began to overwhelm him in life, Kiviuq wished to sever his curse from his comatose, near-petrified body, while not damning the world in the process. Even though he knew own mortal body stopped thinking, he still wanted what remained of himself the satisfaction to finally die after millennia of agony.

Extras:

(Loves animal ears and tails on females. ...This is a guy who married a fox, a wolf and a geese. What did you expect?)

(Plagued by loneliness for millennia, Kiviuq does get a little clingy to those he trusts. If he loses those individuals, the trauma might break the poor guy.)

Craft Essence/Reactions

Made with Love

I’m sorry about the ripped clothing.

The children in the village beat me up again today.
    I’ve heard their words everyday now. How I am a waste and should’ve just go drown myself in the sea.
    They called me a fatherless spawn.

Why are they doing this to me, grandmother?
    I have done nothing to them, why must they treat me harshly?
    Hm, what’s this?
    …A new cloak for me? Oh, thank you, grandmother! although, wouldn’t it get torn up by the other kids again?

…What? Jump in the water and act like a seal?
    Grandmother, I can’t do that, I’ll freeze to death.
    Oh, this cloak is enchanted to protect me?
    If you say so, grandmother; I hope it works.
    Thank you so much for sewing all of my clothes!

---

Reactions to Other Servants:

Asterios: While the hulking Servant isn’t much of a talker, Asterios does serve as a good individual for Kiviuq to relax with. It’s mainly due to the fact that he’s a nonhuman that the wanderer is easily able to interact with him. The guy’s mane is just so fluffy…

Any female with animal traits (Tamamo, Atlanta):
    “… Ah, forgive me, I was entr- I mean, you remind me of someone I know. Yes. That’s it.” (They’re so cute…)

Geronimo: “A fellow practitioner of spirit channeling? I see, who taught you this art? I’m very interested to learn from you… In turn, I’ll tell you of one of my adventures, how’s that?”

Shuten-Douji: Often gets tricked by her into drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Usually comes back incredibly smashed, or just passed out from over-drinking.

---

Bond Lines:

Lv.1: “I am the one who wandered the earth for millennia… No, I did not kill someone. (sign)… I’m from the Arctics, not the mainlands.”
    Lv.2: “Interesting, for a human, you’re rather nice to me… Yes, I know I’m human too, I’m not a hypocrite, you know.”
    Lv.3: “Aside from my grandmother, you’re one of the few humans who treated me with compassion. Thank you.”
    Lv.4: “Master, if you haven’t realized this, but this curse of mine, it’s… like a countdown clock. The closer we are at the World’s End, the closer I am… to death. Please, let this be a secret between us.”
    Lv.5: “Master… Even if… this curse renders me useless, promise me… that you’ll… never leave my side… Please… I’m alone, so alone…”

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - A- - Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'.

Not only did Kiviuq’s sealskin cloak protect him from the great storm his grandmother conjured, the markings upon it also warded him against all magic in his journeys. However, said cloak is the main source of his resistance; upon taking it off, his Magic Resistance will drop to the point of non-existence.

Independent Action - A - The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the magical supply from one’s Master. Higher ranks allows for the Servant to stay in the world for an extended amount of time, even after their Master’s death. However, they cannot exert themselves or perform high-level magic lest they risk using up their own magical supply.

Allows Kiviuq to operate freely almost without the Master supplying him with mana.Before settling down back at his village, Kiviuq journeyed alone for over a millennia, giving him a high rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance - C+ - A Skill that connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. Also used for scouting or surveillance.

Kivuiq can keep track of anything within a radius of 5 kilometers, and gains a bonus when the target he’s tracking is “not of Man.” He can improve this Skill with Shamanism, where the spirits whisper the target’s location to him - assuming that they’ve hid themselves.

Link to the Land - A - The manifestation of Kiviuq’s curse, which take form of the stone growths on the left side of his body. For when Kiviuq bested the Bee-Woman, she cursed him to a long life of suffering by tying his body to the world itself. Although he never aged, stone growths began to envelop his body, slowly petrifying him. It is said that if the curse finally petrifies his heart, then the world will cease to be. Due to Kiviuq being summoned as a Heroic Spirit, this curse will have to start over-slowly covering him in stone again.

Because of the curse, Kiviuq’s Endurance Parameter increases over time, as the very stone that traps him protects him from all harm. In turn, his Agility decreases at the same rate as his Endurance. As this curse spreads, not only will his movement worsen, but also simple activities, like talking and breathing, will become extremely taxing. Also, the curse's growth can be accelerated when he uses his Noble Phantasms.

When Link to the Land finally reaches its limit, Kiviuq will certainly die; but since he's a Heroic Spirit, it won't result in some sort of "armageddon" if his real body died. Instead, a random disastrous event (can range from a natural disaster to a series of bad luck) will happen to everyone in the vicinity, as well as lowering the Luck parameter of everyone by one rank.

If summoned in F/GO, the curse would work at a much faster rate, for it’s not long before the world faces its end.

“…Master, I feel it… there’s not much time left… it’s getting closer…”

Shamanism - C - A Skill to enter dialogue with spirits that lived within the world itself. At higher ranks, its user can empower themselves with said spirits, improving certain parameters.

Since he wasn’t summoned as Caster, Kiviuq’s ranking in this Skill is lower than it should be. Thus, he is only restricted to conversing with the spirits of the land.

Noble Phantasms

Nunatsuak Kalugaik - The World-blessed Spearpoint - B+ - Anti-Geography -

The Noble Phantasm manifesting as the enchanted iron harpoons Kiviuq wields. Serving as a memento to his father, these harpoons are one of the few things that were in Kiviuq’s possession when he was washed away by the waves.

After combating numerous creatures both natural and unnatural, the harpoons’ spearheads were “enchanted” by the creatures’ blood. From the cursed blood the harpoons obtained the power to warp the land around it upon contact, like ripping a large iceberg in half or creating entire mountains.

This NP will activate only when Kiviuq applies a bit of his bodily fluid (saliva or blood) on his harpoons, as they need mana to awaken its effects. Upon activation, all he needs is to throw them to his appointed destination. Upon landing, Kiviuq be able to change the land around it to his liking. When the harpoon pierces a living being, the weapon will overload and explode in an intense burst of mana. For the NP is designed to manipulate the earth, not the life inhabiting it.

Kiviuq only has 5 of these harpoons in his possession, and should one of them explodes, they will be destroyed and cannot be used. Unfortunately, since Kiviuq was summoned as Archer, the NP is weaker than the version his Caster version wields. Because of this, he is restricted to only be able to create/warp medium sized geographies, like making rivers and destroy obstructions the size of cliff faces instead of entire mountains. However, this NP must be used with caution, as its high use of mana may kill most Masters from the stress alone. Additionally, use of the NP speeds up the process of his Link to the Land Skill.

---

Anginik Minnigiak - The Fishmaker’s Gift - A+ - Anti-Army -

Serving as one of Kiviuq’s most powerful Noble Phantasm, for it calls upon a certain Phantasmal Beast. On the long desperate search to find the whereabouts of his wife, Kiviuq encountered an eccentric being who calls himself the Fishmaker. Upon hearing his plight, the Fishmaker called upon a great white whale to help in Kiviuq’s quest. In modern times, the whale is referred to as Ishmael, or commonly Moby Dick.

Kiviuq first has to be near a large body of water to summon the phantasmal beast. Upon summoning the great whale, it will heed to Kiviuq’s commands. In water, Ishmael is able to remove its presence when it dives into the water, and will always gain an element of surprise when it leaps out onto its targets. From charging to even crushing foes with its jaws, Ishmael is a force of nature to be reckoned with.

Although the great whale is certainly powerful, its attack speed is fairly slow; if the opponent has above average speed, then they would surely avoid the whale’s attacks with relative ease. Because its an sea creature, the whale is fairly limited when fighting out of the water; although it can suspend itself in midair, it has difficulties maneuvering in air. Ishmael can last in this world for only 30 minutes, as it’s the amount of time it took to locate Kiviuq’s wife.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 20th, 2017 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Removed Library of Stored Knowledge

Blog Entries
    Seth is pretty cool, but like you said there isn't too much to work with. I'd figured you would have looked more into the Islamic tradition of Seth, because I know they tend to value him more/equal to Cain and Abel for reasons I can't recall.

Kiviuq
    isn't the typical Archer I'd imagine, especially since I was thinking of making a Rider sheet for him at some point.
    Very well done. I don't have the patience to do Craft Essence stuff but props to you who do. I like the Link to the Land skill, and I wonder what happens when his time limit finally reaches zero, aside from him dying. There also a few typos in that section I caught.
    Librarian of Stored Knowledge seems a little tacked on, but that's just me. Good stuff.

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "All love ends in despair. Life is simply...unfair, don't you think?"

Caster

True Name: Von Rothbart "The Sorcerer of the Lake"

Lore/Backstory
    A sorcerer who may or may not have been a fallen king. Once upon a time, a beautiful young girl named Odette was playing with some swans only to fall into a lake and drown. Her mother begged the occult master von Rothbart to take her life instead and resurrect Odette. Rothbart complied but it wasn't enough and Odette could only be a human under the moonlight by the lake, and would spend all other time as a swan. Rothbart enchanted the other swans to talk to Odette and play with her, making her the Swan Queen. To give her some hope, Rothbart told her a lie that he had cursed her and if someone who has never loved before swears to love only Odette then the spell will be broken and she will become truly human again. Years passed by and eventually Prince Siegfried stumbles upon adult Odette in human form. As they spend the evening together, the pair fall in love and Siegfried races home to declare his plans to marry Odette. Rothbart overhears this and panics, contacting his apprentice and daughter Odile to transform herself into Odette and break Siegfried's heart. Unfortunately, Siegfried persists and declares his love to the fake Odette only to realise the deception. He then rushes back to the lake to apologise to the real Odette. Rothbart emerges from the shadows and reveals the truth of the matter. Saddened, Odette decides to end her half-life existance and Siegfried promises to go with her. Hand in hand they die together in the lake, surrounded by swans. Rothbart looks on as their souls ascend to heaven, before vanishing along with his daughter never to be seen again by society.

Alignment: True Neutral
    Likes - Odile, Odette (Not that he'd admit it).
    Dislikes - Love, People.
    Talents - Ornithology.
    Natural Enemy - Women.

Parameters:
    Strength - (D), Agility - (D), Endurance - (D), Luck - (C), Mana - (A+), NP - (A).

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation - (B) It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. As such Rothbart is able to create a Workshop to draw mana and enhance his magecraft. Because of his affinity with nature, ranks up if the Workshop is surrounded by nature, but ranks down if created in an urban area.

Personal Skills:
    Animal Dialogue - (A) The communication of intention with animals that do not speak a 'language of words'. As such, Rothbart is able to coax animals into working as his familairs.

High-Speed Incantation - (B) The ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed to reduce casting time.

Noble Phantasm:
    The Fairy Tale King
    Der Märchenkönig
    - (C)
    An emergency combat mode where Rothbart transforms into a large owl. All magic is sealed as well as his other NP but stat changes are as follows: STG (B), AGI (B), LCK (E), END (B), MGI (-), NP (-). Even with the stat changes, Rothbart is no fighting expert and a skilled enough Servant can overcome him even with weaker stats or use a NP to win, or even have multiple Servants team up to take down Rothbart in this form.

Dance of the Little Cygnets
    Danse des Petits Cygnes
    - (A)
    The creation of a Bounded Field that envelops an entire city wide area. All humans trapped inside will slowly transform into swans (Servants excluded) after a number of turns. Poweful mages can circulate their mana to slow down the tranformation but not stop it. Such powerful magecraft limits Rothbart to a single location while the field is active. Also, his Der Märchenkönig is sealed and all other magecraft suffers two rank downs. It's a race against time, as the Servants hurry to track the source of the magecraft and kill Rothbart before their contracts with their Masters are severed and they disappear. Once cast, this field cannot be undone and so it is truly a last resort for a desperate Rothbart.

Ah, my first Servant sheet using a fictional character instead of a historical one. I must say that by no means is Swan Lake my favourite ballet and so I ended up reworking the story into a more human tragedy. I also took the contested origins of the story in Ludwig II and worked it into the Servant. I pity the Master who summons this one, an apathetic man with no particular wish nor desire to fight. It would be difficult to convince him to take part in the War and even more difficult to use his tricky abilities. Why does he turn into an owl in the ballet? I dunno, I always thought it was strange considering his affinity with swans but whatever. This Servant was particularly difficult to narrow down some abilities and NPs for, so if anything feels off, fell free to point it out and I'll try to correct it.
    Last edited by Skull; March 17th, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I want to do a Bass Reeves sheet now...

ima do it.