Page 297 of 858 FirstFirst ... 197247287292295296297298299302307347397797 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    No.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Nameless Sociopath
    ...Why tho.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Nameless Sociopath": Ack, I'm pretty sure the edge in that sheet was so sharp it literally reached through my computer screen and skewered me.

Seriously though, that's a really sub-par sheet. Not only is it basically an OC with nearly no connections to either real-world myth or Nasuverse lore, but the character itself is just about the laziest possible interpretation of the 'nameless murderer' concept that can be imagined. Also fun fact, "sociopath" is not in any sense synonymous with insanity or mass murder. What you're describing is Hollywood psychosis, nothing more.

It's also hilariously overpowered, but that's almost an afterthought next to all the other myriad problems.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you want an example of a good 'Nameless Hero' servant here there's the Unknown Assassin and the Crusader on here. Looking at "Sociopath", this is honestly just a Mess.

Plus having a skill that allows passing through anything that isn't magic is pointless.
    I don't care about Tsuki R anymore just give me Tsuki 2 in english!

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    tfw when not even in badass versus scathach is saved from the assumption from jobbing anymore

Blog Entries
    Considering (it may be a few posts ago now once I finish this) the last post just got ripped apart for it's edge levels it is my turn to reclaim the throne of edgiest possible servant. Although once again this mess of word's on paper could be counted as popular fiction It makes more sense here due to its existence within a real life context and the relative age of the work it appears in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following contains spoilers for the Novel "The Lord of the Flies"

Spoiler

Servant Class: Lancer

True Name: Jack Merridew

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Strength - C
    Agility - C+
    Endurance - D
    Mana - E
    Luck - D
    Noble Phantasm - A

Appearance: Lancer is described as "he was tall, thin, and bony: and his hair was red ... His face was crumpled and freckled, and ugly without silliness. Out of this face stared two light blue eyes, frustrated now, and turning, or ready to turn, to anger." As such, while he does not take the form of a child (this would reveal his identity quickly) he is a tall and sinewy man, while he is not malnourished the bones of his body can be made out under the thin veneer of skin and muscle, tightly wound from many "hunts". A light mop of red hair hangs on him, and his piercing gaze, unblinking, unflinching, gives the air of one all too human, but yet utterly incomprehensible. While he wears little more than a few scraps of cloth and a belt, he is covered head to toe in the mess of pigments and dirt. His face is hidden by his "mask" of red, black, brown and white paints. Lancer uses a wooden spear which though it possesses no magical qualities can survive strikes from other weapons and does not break.

Image provided by RoydGolden from TV Tropes

Personality: During an initial conversation with him many might mistake Lancer for a Berserker, he makes almost no rational statements as, while even some of the most mentally addled beings can work show a basic logical structure, Lancer's egotistic nature means that whatever statement he makes cannot be wrong. To win an argument he only needs to mock his foe or state the contradiction of the truth, relying instinctively on the hold he has on others. Lancer is in no way an intelligent Servant, he acts only on pure instinct and is likely to ignore even the most useful advice of a Master, or completely waste resources. Despite all this he shows a tenacity to continue to survive and hunt, ultimately it takes great force to snap Lancer out of this attitude, at which point he will remain silent until he can take back his illusion of "control".

Dislikes: Pigs, Being Controlled, Those Stronger than him
    Talent: Intimidation
    Natural Enemies: Truthfully it must be everyone

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (E): While many Lancers possess a higher rank in Magic Resistance, this one in particular is impressively low, only reducing magical damage somewhat. However, when tied into his Noble Phantasm The Lord of the Flies it can increase to B+ in rank.

Personal Skills:

Incitement (E-): At this rank the skill is practically nonexistent. Lancer boasts of his incitement being "EX rank", and will given the opportunity laud his own intelligence and wit. Truly this ability can only mildly intimidate an enemy he has singled out, and otherwise provides no real role but boosting Lancer's own ego, as it is more or less sublimated into his Noble Phantasm The Lord of the Flies.

Affinity for Barbarity (A+): This skill allows Lancer to gain low amounts of mana as violent acts are committed nearby him, including torture or outright assault even if it is committed at himself. Even at such a high rank the mana granted is low and will only remain for a fleeting amount of time. This skill is instrumental in supplementing Lancer's low mana.

Death of Innocence (B+): A skill attributed to those who have personally undergone the death of childhood or naivety and seen the darkness around them. Though Lancer never clearly undergoes any kind of revelation and shows little remorse for the actions he took he in many ways is a representation of the death of human innocence. As such he is especially effective against Servants, Magecraft and Thaumaturgy that has close ties to childhood or naive qualities. Pastel coloured beings fray away at their edges when Lancer faces them.

Noble Phantasms:

The Mask- Painted Faces and Long Hair (C+, Support): This Noble Phantasm represents Lancer's appeal to the lowest, most savage denominator of human nature. Lancer is able to convert regular humans (those not possessing high magic circuit quantities or Servants etc.) into Savages. Savages essentially function as very low level Servants, with a D rank in all statistics and possession of identical spears to Lancer. They also have the Affinity for Barbarity skill at A+ rank. The Savages also change their appearance into humans similar to Lancer, painted and dirty with long unkempt hair and ripped clothes. The process of converting a regular person to a Savage takes almost half a day, and requires Mana from Lancer's Master as Lancer will not usually be able to provide the Mana necessary for the conversion. The process is irreversible and Lancer seems to be able to exercise some level of control over the Savages.

The Lord of the Flies- Cry of the Hunters (B+, Anti-Unit): Lancer attains his status as the "Chief" of the Savages through sheer intimidation and brute strength. Using this Noble Phantasm requires no Mana but it is useless without the presence of his Savages. Lancer can drain the strength of the Savages, increasing his own parameters and Mana supply from their Affinity for Barbarity skill, this will reduce the Savages to less than regular humans in strength, but increase Lancer's parameters. He grows in size, red staining the air around him making it hazy, his "Mask" becomes more and more difficult to perceive his face through as he grows in size, he becomes nothing less than an idol of violence and brutality. It also affects the Savages appearence as well, they will eventually transmute into an army of flies (each one transforms into multiple flies) that surround Lancer which though it makes them incredibly weak makes them more difficult to kill. In theory if given enough time, Lancer could create an army of Savages and become a nigh on unstoppable force in the Grail War.

Gift for the Darkness- The Darkness of Man's Heart (C+, Anti-Civilisation): Lancer's tale ends in him setting light to the island, destroying any source of food they have, only to eliminate his last remaining "enemy". Activation of this NP is far beyond any Mana Lancer possesses, and a rational Master would never give their energy to sustain it's existence. Taking a pair of broken glasses, Lancer holds them to the light of the Sun, requiring it to be daytime to activate this NP, a beam of light is shot from the lens and starts a small fire. The fire spreads at a faster than average speed, and can be put out. It consumes anything of "life" or "civilisation". Lancer loves to use this Noble Phantasm as it allows him to live in the heat of the moment, it transmutes the world into a hellscape of humanities creation, but holds no magical properties apart from its ability to consume almost anything. Making it a threat to both Lancer and his foes, while it is active Lancer gains Mana Burst (Flames) at a B rank, allowing him to use additional mana to increase his parameters and wreathe himself in flames. When the fire is extinguished Lancer's skills are sealed alongside his Noble Phantasms. His parameters drop to E effectively this will reduce him to the point where he can be easily defeated. As such Lancer may be stupid enough to use this NP but it is unlikely that a Master would ever allow such a foolish action to be taken.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to image:
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/1503...ere-Is-a-Beast

Last edited by sherlock1110; May 11th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jack Merridew: Ah, it's nice to see a good classic written as a Servant, so good job! Honestly, the previous post wasn't really ripped apart for the edge but mainly for the lack of historical relevance and absurd Parameters and NPs - just to name a few.
    But yours is far from being edgy due to the character you based it off of, so don't worry!

The 3 NPs are all very creative representatives of Merridew's character, with the 1st on his influence over the kids, and the 2nd technically symbolizes his growing egotism.

Although, I would reword "effectively removing him from the Grail War" to "rendering him so weak that he'll be defeated without effort," as having stupidly low Parameters doesn't automatically kick you out of the Grail War. And personally, the 1st NP could be converted to a Skill, too.

And a question regarding the 3rd NP: does it work only with specifically that pair of glasses or it can be any random schmuck's broken specs?

---

(It seems to me that you really like making Literary Servants...)
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 9th, 2017 at 06:14 PM.

Now Revamped!

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    actually sociopaths refers to anyone who lacks or has no empathy which includes serial killers, murderers, stalkers, rapists, gang leaders, hackers, assassins, hitmen, terrost, etc. all those types of people make up saber, so obviously she ganna be powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

latterly any buddy who can kill without remorse or hurt somebody and not feel remorse is a sociopath, so my sheets actually good at that's account.

actually sociopaths refers to anyone who lacks or has no empathy which includes serial killers, murderers, stalkers, rapists, gang leaders, hackers, assassins, hitmen, terrost, etc. all those types of people make up saber, so obviously she ganna be powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

latterly any buddy who can kill without remorse or hurt somebody and not feel remorse is a sociopath, so my sheets actually good at that's account.
    I mean...not really though

屍鬼 Ghoul
    After looking over the feedback and constructive criticism regarding my Caster!Zahhāk sheet, I've decide to rework him into a Berserker-class Servant, where he'll make better use of Azhish Thrâthrâi: Corrupting Kiss of Aŋra Mainiiu and Aži Dahāka: Death Dealing Dragon of the Apocalypse will be reduced to a temporary transformation with a limited AOE.

Does that sound better?

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

People won't feel remorse when killing if they believed what they're doing is right.

People won't feel remorse when hurting someone if they're defending themselves.

People won't feel remorse when killing if they're so used to killing.

(Most) People won't feel remorse when hurting someone if they acted on revenge.

Not necessarily Sociopathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo Interceptor View Post
    After looking over the feedback and constructive criticism regarding my Caster!Zahhāk sheet, I've decide to rework him into a Berserker-class Servant, where he'll make better use of Azhish Thrâthrâi: Corrupting Kiss of Aŋra Mainiiu and Aži Dahāka: Death Dealing Dragon of the Apocalypse will be reduced to a temporary transformation with a limited AOE.

Does that sound better?
    It's definitely an improvement.

Oh, by the way, maybe add details on why the Skills listed applies to Zahhāk, so they don't feel like it's slapped onto the sheet.

Another step towards improvement!
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 9th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    People won't feel remorse when killing if they believed what they're doing is right.

People won't feel remorse when hurting someone if they're defending themselves.

People won't feel remorse when killing if they're so used to killing.

(Most) People won't feel remorse when hurting someone if they acted on revenge.
    Well, he's not entirely wrong. Non-sociopaths (i.e ordinary people) have a very strong natural aversion to killing, which can be overcome through training and various techniques such as dehumanizing the enemy. Whereas sociopaths simply have no moral aversion to start with (different from mere squeamishness), and so can kill without feeling guilty at all.

It's a matter of "all As are Bs" not equaling "all Bs are As". All sociopaths can kill without remorse, but not everyone who can kill without remorse under some specific condition is necessarily a sociopath.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course, it's also inaccurate to presume that sociopaths are all flamboyantly axe-crazy murderers and the like, as opposed to, say, corrupt politicians and businessmen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, he's not entirely wrong. Non-sociopaths (i.e ordinary people) have a very strong natural aversion to killing, which can be overcome through training and various techniques such as dehumanizing the enemy. Whereas sociopaths simply have no moral aversion to start with (different from mere squeamishness), and so can kill without feeling guilty at all.

It's a matter of "all As are Bs" not equaling "all Bs are As". All sociopaths can kill without remorse, but not everyone who can kill without remorse under some specific condition is necessarily a sociopath.
    You're right on that. I was just irked by the "all As are Bs then all Bs must be As" reasoning.

---

And yes, he isn't entirely wrong, but as you said, not all sociopaths are 90's villains.
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 9th, 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo Interceptor View Post

Does that sound better?
    That sounds good. I'd also advise doing something more with his personality. I feel like you could try emphasizing the side of him as a pure and innocent king that fell into evil, since as it is the characterization is a little black-and-white. Yes he is the literal embodiment of evil, but the Nasuverse always loves to explore fascinatingly weird and effed up, yet sympathetic characters so I'd try to depict Zahhak in line with that.

Maybe have it as something like he embraces the role of a villain but yet secretly wishes to go back to the days when he was an innocent youth? I dunno'. I'm just throwing stuff out here...

Blog Entries
    The sheet's just garbage.

Something something you just can't see its genius cause you're not a sociopath.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Also, I found this piece of art looking up Lord Of The Flies on TV Tropes and it pretty much perfectly epitomizes Sherlock's take on the character (even includes the spear!). I'd suggest he use it as an FC but I'm not quite sure if it's intended for public viewing or not (obviously, linking to the original source goes without saying). So, just putting it out there.

I'm also a little surprised that, other then the name of his second NP, there wasn't any references to the literal
    talking pig head
    lord of the flies
    from the book, since that's by far the part that's most endured in popular memory. Maybe give him a Skill called "Affections Of The Beast (False)", that lets him communicate with a supposed true demon that is in fact an embodiment of mankind's collective violent nature.

...Or something. I've never taken Lord Of The Flies in school, so I probably have no right to even be giving suggestions, but these are just the ideas that came to mind when I read your sheet and looked through the book's summary onTV Tropes. In general though, it feels like his second NP could stand to be a bit more grotesque, maybe having him take on the appearance of a rotting corpse with giant, dessicated fly's wings and insects buzzing all around him. Especially since it's by far his highest ranked NP and you can justifiably hype it up as embodying a concept (man's inherent brutality) far greater and more universal then he is, you could definitely have wanked it a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Suggested improvements aside, it was a well-made sheet and fun to read. You've definitely become the resident king of literary Servants around here, Sherlock!

Caster
    "Ah, thank you for the applause. It warms my heart more than you will ever know."

Class: Caster

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Territory Creation (D+): Caster is only capable of creating a "Performance Venue". Aside from middling
    defenses, it lets her adjust the area's acoustic properties. If she were to perform with her brother,
    it would be a much greater spectacle.

Item Construction (E): Caster can create beautiful sheet music, but little else.

Personal Skills

Protection of the Music God (False) (A+): The true version of this skill denotes the divine protection of the
    Muses, granted for the Servant's great skill in music. However, Caster's, along with her brother's, version is
    false due to displaying its effects by her own ability. She can distinguish any type of sound and play any
    instrument masterfully. In addition, the effects of music magecraft are ranked up.

Uncrowned Mastership (Music) (A): Competency in music that was not recognized by others due to various reasons.
    Caster was held back by her parents and society's restrictive views on gender roles and was not permitted to
    show her artistic talent. Any evidence of her compositions has vanished from history. To those who do not know
    her true identity, her parameters appear to be one rank lower than they actually are, and skills relating to
    musical ability are all but invisible.

Eye for Art (C+): If Caster sees a Servant or Noble Phantasm with artistic attributes, the odds of her
    figuring out its true name are increased. This insight is increased with regard to music and musicians.

Noble Phantasms

Nannerl Notenbuch~Pour le Clavecin (C, Support, Anti-Unit)

A notebook of short pieces written by Caster's father for her and her brother to practice with as children.
    It is a bound volume, forty-eight pages long and contains short pieces that Caster uses to facilitate her
    musical magecraft. Having no Magic Crest of her own, it functions as an ersatz spellbook. Even though the
    pieces were meant for children to learn and play, the later additions by her brother and possibly Caster
    herself (if she did, she never signed her work) are longer and more complicated, indicating a great talent
    resting in the young siblings. The pieces mainly serve as support spells; healing and buffing, with some
    charms and illusions thrown in. As one who was not chosen as heir to her family's magecraft, Caster had to
    scrounge up whatever she could; to a full-fledged mage the book would be woefully incomplete.

Kingdom of Back~Realm of the Wonder Children (B-, Reality Marble)

Upon the invocation of this Reality Marble, the Kingdom of Back is materialized. An imaginary land made
    up by Caster and her brother to let their imagination wander far beyond the confines of the carriages
    they rode across Europe. She and her brother were the King and Queen of this land, populated solely by
    children and endowed with everything that would make children good and happy. It takes the form of a
    grand castle surrounded by a bustling town. Only three years apart, Caster and her brother were seen as
    equals in genius, skill and potential. However, Caster would be deprived of the life her brother went on
    to live. As she was confined to her home, her mind again wished to escape to the place her music could
    come to life. Alas, the Reality Marble is incomplete, not because of her lack of magecraft training, but
    because of the void left by her brother. Without her beloved sibling, the Reality Marble is completely
    devoid of sound and color. It symbolizes the tragedy of Caster; a despondent longing to be heard.
    Caster (Alter)
    "Did you think a lady would hold back in any way in this War?! I will not go quietly into the night!"

Class: Caster (Alter)

STR: D
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Territory Creation (B):
    Caster's "Performance Venue" has reached new heights, equal to the glory that her
    brother attained in his life. Now that she has stepped out of his shadow, the whole world will hear her.

Item Construction (C): Original compositions can now be created as Mystic Codes.

Personal Skills

Protection of the Music God (True) (EX): Caster's natural ability has been bolstered many times over by virtue
    of awakening the latent power of the Demon Lord Amdusias in her genes. Caster has god-like power over not just
    music, but all sound. Rather than possessing her and transforming into a Demon, this incarnation of Caster was
    created by her own desires, and the Demon Lord was manifested in such a way that fulfills them. Caster and her
    brother are now two sides of the same coin; two equally possible outcomes of giving away their souls. Any music
    magecraft she performs recieve a + modifier, and she can play any instrument flawlessly.

Stage Presence (B): A form of Charisma that functions to command the attention of an audience and favorably
    enhances the opinions that spectators hold towards Caster. Caster's performance will always appear vibrant
    and charming, and her songs will carry farther the more people can hear her. The concert hall is her palace.

Ephemeral Dream (EX): Say what you will about getting involved with magic and Demons, Caster's current form
    is the result of her own desires. This is what creates the vessel known as Caster Alter, and the Demon Lord's
    power is shaped to fill it, not the other way around. She can be likened to a symphony at the height of its
    crescendo, but the dream will disappear when the music calms down and the familiar quiet girl wakes up.

Noble Phantasms

Nannerl Notenbuch~Pour les Sauvage et Corrompu (B+, Support, Anti-Unit, Anti-Army)

The child's music book has been transformed into a demonic grimoire. Instead of a poor substitute for a
    Magic Crest, Caster now has an energy core that constantly produces magical energy. A child's practice
    pieces are replaced with compositions worthy of all the great halls of Europe, giving Caster access to
    High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, as well as familiars to serve as both infantry and orchestra.

Kingdom of Back~Concert Hall of the Demon Conductor (A+, Reality Marble)

Now standing independent and outside of her brother's shadow, Caster's Reality Marble is now filled, even
    saturated, with color and music. Instead of a castle at the center of her realm, there is only a massive
    stage, with enough surrounding seating to seemingly allow the entire world to witness Caster's realized
    potential. As a childhood dream that has been given a Demon to mold as it sees fit, the realm is filled
    with enchanting color and music, drawing the eyes and ears of anyone inside to sit and experience Caster's
    performance. It is an insidious means of corrupting her audience's minds, eroding their sense of self
    until all that remains is musical ability (if any) and appreciation for music. The end result is more
    mindless familiars that can be added to the legions of Amdusias, or as fuel for Caster's ego.
    Background
    Maria Anna Mozart, belovedly nicknamed "Nannerl" by her father and "Horseface" by her younger brother, Wolfgang
    Amadeus Mozart, was an Austrian noblewoman and musician. She was called a virtuoso, a prodigy and a genius.
    "My little girl plays the most difficult works which we have with incredible precision and so excellently,”
    said her father, Leopold. “What it all amounts to is this, that my little girl, although she is only 12 years
    old, is one of the most skillful players in Europe.”

From a very young age, both children could play the most challenging pieces and compose into notes any song they
    heard. The young Wolfgang was inspired to study music by watching his father teaching Marianne. His enthusiasm
    prompted Leopold to accelerate Wolfgang's education at age five. Nannerl served to reinforce her father's lessons
    and show Wolfgang that music is not only fun, but is its own language. The two siblings toured together across
    88 cities in Europe for thousands of people, each the other's biggest fan.

Just how far Maria Anna could have gone as a musician, history will never know. In 1769, she turned eighteen and
    became eligible to marry, and so her father ended her days on the road. While Wolfgang went on to tour Italy and
    France, Maria remained at home with one of her parents at all times. Unlike her brother, who clashed with their
    father about career and marriage choice, Maria submitted to her father. Wolfgang attempted in vain to stand up
    for her and for her to stand up for herself. For the remainder of her life, she was a complete stranger to her
    brother. She did not meet her sister-in-law or nephews until after Wolfgang's death when she was in her old age.

Summoned as a Caster, as a musician said to rival Amadeus, Maria represents a bright future that was cut short
    by cruel unfairness. Always yearning for the spotlight, envious of her great brother, her wish for the Holy Grail
    is for the whole world to be able to hear her, for her works to reach the end of time. The old adage "Be careful
    what you wish for" holds true here, for the Demon Lord of Hell's Music resides in her blood. If Wolfgang gave
    his soul to music after Maria was denied the opportunity, she may end up giving her soul to Amdusias.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; May 11th, 2017 at 10:25 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Maria Mozart: A really cool sheet, shining a light on a historical figure I don't think I've ever heard of before. Now I kind of feel disappointed that Mozart's self in Grand Order never (as far as I know) references his sister at all...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Maria Mozart: A really cool sheet, shining a light on a historical figure I don't think I've ever heard of before. Now I kind of feel disappointed that Mozart's self in Grand Order never (as far as I know) references his sister at all...
    It is an interpretation, but maybe to Mozart, she was so much of a stranger, to the point where he even forgot who she truly was.

Now Revamped!